[PFS][RD] The Guantlet -- SCROLLS Table (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

SCROLL Map


201 to 250 of 478 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin
GM Gustavef wrote:

Gilgrim steps in cautiously to examine the track. The stones would roll as suspected, but from near the entrance you do not see any mechanism or trigger to start them rolling.

As you enter the room, a deep, growling voice of indeterminate gender cries out, “Halt! You trespass upon the domain…” and a second voice, slightly higher, continues, “of the Ruby Sphinxes. There is a price for passage.” A few seconds later, the two brass colored winged lion like creatures fly up from the bottom of the pit and perch atop the stone spheres.

The first one speaks “Only a tribute of…” then the other continues, “..of valuable magic is needed…, and then the first one completes, “...to pass

"What is your demand?" Lissanya calls out, looking to the rest of the party. "I can part with a scroll, but I doubt it is enough."

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

The seems to sneer a bit at the though of just a scroll. The take turns speaking.

"Paper not great...
Magic tribute. Do you wish to insult...
the Ruby Sphinxes? We demand much...
much greater tribute.
"

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

GM. Is the floor stone? Is the track rails or just a groove in the floor? Are the tracks sloped to cause motion in only one direction? Can I see what the walls of the pit look like?

Tribute isss not natural. The mongoossse holdsss hisss territory againssst all comersss or doesss not. He winsss, he livesss, he diesss. Tribute makesss no sssenssse.

Doesss Ssself remember anything about Ruby Sssphinxesss?
knowledge: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 83/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 12/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

Narayan palms a potion of enlarge person and walks forward. "I am sure that the Ruby Sphinxses are worthy of much, but is your domain truly only thiss room? Travelers or guessts cannot be common. And there is little elsse here to delight the eye."

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Selter looks at the creatures and realizes that they are not Sphinxes. These are a pair half-brass dragon dire lions with delusions of grandeur. Selter can tell they do have a breath weapon of a line of fire from their dragon linage. And themselves immune to fire. And their lion linage allows them to pounce and rake.

They look questionably at Narayan.

"This is our...
lair. And we have...
seen much. But now we...
demand tribute.
"

You can easily sense that they are starting to get impatient.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim glances at his companions, seeing the doubt in their expressions, and Gilgrim holds tightly to his weapon and shield. "Tribute, eh? I've got yer tribute right here, ya scaly pussycats." He emphasizes his point with the ring of his hammer clanging against his shield. "I'll be makin' sure ya get a good taste of it."

He takes a step towards the cat-dragon to the south, staring it in the eyes and readies himself for anything. (Total Defense - brings AC to 33, or 20 for touch)

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

And with the actual insult they leap in to action.

Initative:

Init, Lissanya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Init, Narayan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 +4 if HA
Init, Selter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Init, Sithiss: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Init, Gilgrim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Init, Benevolence: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Init, Sarvin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Init, Sphinx Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Init, Sphinx Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Init,Stones: 0 = 0

The stone boulders glow softly as the blue sphinx breaths a line of fire down from the boulder all the way though the other room, then starts to fly over the pit.

Ref, Lissanya: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 +4 vs [Air]/[Electricity]
Ref, Narayan: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16Evasion
Ref, Selter: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Ref, Sithiss: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Ref, Sarvin: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Ref, Benevolence: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Fire Damage: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 2, 1, 6, 4, 5) = 26 Lissanya for half. Sithiss evades.

Sarvin is up.

Scrolls Status Card wrote:

Room 7 -- Current Time (0:16)

Group Conditions: Delay Poision (1:00)

Sarvin - 26 dmg; Darkvions (9:00)

Sphinx, Red - dmg

Benevolence - 26 dmg; Magic Circle v/Evil (1:20); Daylight (1:20); Longstrider (8:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Highten Aware (0:10); Deathwatch (1:20)
Narayan - 26 dmg; Con Drain 1; Antitoxin (1:00) ; Darkvision (9:00)
Sithiss - dmg; Darkvisi
on (9:00); Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion ; Magic Fang, greater
Gilgrim - dmg; Air Walk (1:20); Countless eyes (9:00) ;
Lissanya - 13 dmg;
Selter - 26 dmg; Darkvison (9:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion; Resist Acid 20 (1:25) ;

STONES

NEXT ROUND

Sphinx, Blue - dmg

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"Fine. Take down the other one before it blasts us too!" Lissanya suggests, sighting in the target.

Longbow on Blue, Deadly Aim, Freebooters Bane, Point Blank Shot: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 3 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage on Blue: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Freebooters Bane for +2 Attack and Damage on Blue, if a flank occurs Freebooter's Bond is technically still up due to a lack of duration. If I need to spend another move action to get the extra flank bonuses instead, it's fine, we'll see if Lissanya has a chance to do so.

Edit: Looking at the tracker, only Selter is going to benefit this round, sorry for jumping the gun.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 83/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 12/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

Narayan swiftly chugs his potion, expanding to a towering height, and stalks forward towards the one that had scorched his friends.

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

sorry I wasn't feeling good today

Sarvin fires at the creatures.

attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Benevolence grimaces a bit as the flames eat through his false life and into his flesh.

Benevolence responds by casting haste.

Catching everybody if I can cast before Narayan, otherwise everybody getting everybody else.

Benevolence moves into the room keeping careful watch on the red "sphinx."

If the sphinx tries to pounce me I'll cast emergency force sphere as an immediate action.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim heads towards the nearest creature (Blue, unless Red moves in), shield up and hammer leading. "How'd ya like this tribute?!" he shouts cheerfully.

Move Action: Move towards closest target

Standard Action: Hammer time!

Hammer strike w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Hammer Damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 6) + 14 = 22

Hammer strike crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Hammer Damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (3, 1) + 14 = 18

I didn't include Benevolence's Haste bonus, just in case.

Garbage luck on that confirm roll. :(

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 83/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 12/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

Hopefully since Benevolence came before Narayan and nothing's happened that wouldn't have allowed a delay anyways that should be fine :-)

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Sarvin's arrow goes in wild direction.

The other shpinx leaps towards Gligrim and pounces

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Claw Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Claw Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Rake, Claw Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Rake, Claw Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23

However, Gilgrim's defensive posture allows him to avoid the onslaught.

Gilgrim begins to return the favor. Continue with your full Hasted attack

Bold can take their full actions.

Scrolls Status Card wrote:

Room 7 -- Current Time (0:16)

Group Conditions: Delay Poision (1:00), Haste (Encounter)

Narayan - 26 dmg; Con Drain 1; Antitoxin (1:00) ; Darkvision (9:00)
Sithiss - dmg; Darkvisi
on (9:00); Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion ; Magic Fang, greater
Lissanya - 13 dmg;
Selter - 26 dmg; Darkvison (9:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion; Resist Acid 20 (1:25) ;

STONES

NEXT ROUND

Sphinx, Blue - dmg

Sarvin - 26 dmg; Darkvions (9:00)

Sphinx, Red - 22 dmg

Benevolence - 26 dmg; Magic Circle v/Evil (1:20); Daylight (1:20); Longstrider (8:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Highten Aware (0:10); Deathwatch (1:20)
Gilgrim - dmg; Air Walk (1:20); Countless eyes (9:00) ;

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

Lissanya continues to lay down ranged support on the closer beast.

Longbow on Red, Deadly Aim, Freebooters Bane, Point Blank Shot: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 3 + 2 + 1 = 28
Damage on red: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Longbow Iterative on Red, Deadly Aim, Freebooters Bane, Point Blank Shot: 1d20 + 8 - 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 3 + 2 + 1 = 22
Damage on Red: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

My bad, got my colors reversed. Bane is on Red and that is Lissanya's current target.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Here's the rest of my attacks for the Full-Attack Action

Hastened Hammer strike w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Hammer Damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (3, 3) + 14 = 20

2nd Hammer strike w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Hammer Damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 5) + 14 = 21

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 83/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 12/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

Narayan, though secure in the knowledge that his superiors would never lie to him about the innocence of anything in this dungeon, still aims to batter the faux-sphinx into unconsciousness rather than the grave.

@Blue
Mighty Punch!: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 1 = 29
Magic Nonlethal: 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 1, 5) + 15 = 26
Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Elbow Strike: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 = 32 Once Narayan hits a shaken target, they become flat-footed to him until the end of his next turn
Magic Nonlethal: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 1, 5) + 11 = 18
Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Thundering Kick: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 1 = 21
Magic Bludgeoning: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 11 = 24
Hasty Followup: 1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 17 - 1 = 19
Magic Bludgeoning: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 6, 1) + 11 = 22
Desultory Snap Kick: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22
Magic Bludgeoning: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 11 = 17

If it's still conscious, he'll spend 1 ki to:
Brutal Chop: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 17 + 1 = 33
Magic Bludgeoning: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 6, 5) + 11 = 28

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

Buffs in effect
Darkvision
Mage Armor
Long Strider
Barkskin
Shield Companion
Resist Energy, Acid (20)
Communal Resist Energy, Electricity (20)
4 mirror images
HP: 41 of 67

GM. Is the floor stone? Is the track rails or just a groove in the floor? Are the tracks sloped to cause motion in only one direction? Am I able to see what the walls of the pit look like?

Benevolence, make room for Sithiss! I will hold Sithiss action until there is room for her to advance without knocking Benevolence into the pit.
Yana ikkalamiz ham ko'p Suddenly it seems like there are several of both Sithiss and Selter standing in the same place. mirror image images: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Lissanya and Gilgrim lay into the Red "sphinx"

Narayan is able to knock the blue one out of the air as it plummets back down the pit.

The stones start to both roll towards the door. Selter just sees the the floor is slight rounded, but the stone roll with some magical impulse and could go either direction.

The top one rolls over Narayan
Ref, Narayan: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 1 = 11
And takes Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 2, 4, 6, 1, 1, 1, 2) = 25 and is knocked prone, but is not pinned under the stone

Sarvin is up before the remaining "sphinx" goes

Scrolls Status Card wrote:

Room 7 -- Current Time (0:16)

Group Conditions: Delay Poision (1:00), Haste (Encounter)

Sarvin - 26 dmg; Darkvions (9:00)

Sphinx, Red - 67 dmg

Benevolence - 26 dmg; Magic Circle v/Evil (1:20); Daylight (1:20); Longstrider (8:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Highten Aware (0:10); Deathwatch (1:20)
Gilgrim - dmg; Air Walk (1:20); Countless eyes (9:00) ;

Narayan - 51 dmg; Con Drain 1; Antitoxin (1:00) ; Darkvision (9:00)
Sithiss - dmg; Darkvisi
on (9:00); Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion ; Magic Fang, greater
Lissanya - 13 dmg;
Selter - 26 dmg; Darkvison (9:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion; Resist Acid 20 (1:25) ;

STONES

NEXT ROUND

Sphinx, Blue - dmg; KO'ed

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Botting Sarvin:

Sarvin steps in and takes another shot at the remaining Sphinx

Shot: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

With the loud roar it strikes at Gilgrim in a final act of desperation:

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Claw Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
Claw Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Bite Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 plus grab: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (5) + 22 = 27
Claw Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Gilgrim finds himself locked in the jaws of the beast You are grabbed

Everyone can now act again

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Uh Oh. Medic! :p

Gilgrim makes his own guttural growling noise at the cat-dragon. "Why didn't ya say ye were hungry? Why don't ye have a taste o' me hammer!"

Full Attack Action:

Hammer strike w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Hammer Damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 3) + 14 = 19

Hastened Hammer strike w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Hammer Damage:: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 6) + 14 = 25

2nd Hammer strike w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Hammer Damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 5) + 14 = 20

Oooo... this isn't going to end well. Forgot to include the -2 to all attacks for the Grappled condition.

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Benevolence opens up with a dazing magic missile on the remaining sphinx.

pewpew: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3, 4) + 5 = 17
Will DC 19 or be dazed for 1 round.

Then Benevolence makes haste out of the rolling boulder room.

If The Sphinx is still grappling Gilgrim...
"Be bound no longer Dwarf!"

Casting liberating command, Gilgrim can as an immediate action attempt an escape artist roll with an additional +18

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

The Magic Missiles liberate the dwarf without any additional command.

The creature slumps dead, and the boulders stop.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

Lissanya grabs Gilgrim and begins to yank him out of the room. "You're short enough alrea- Oh." Stepping into the room, she floats over the pit to get a good look down for the body of the other beast.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim watches the dragon-cat slump to the ground, making sure it doesn't move, and gingerly removes himself from it's jaws before putting himself into a good position to kick it hard in the face. "Guess ya couldn't handle the taste after all."

He turns to Benevolence and gives him a solid nod of gratitude, then pulls a potion out of his pack, downing it like it was the best dwarven mead ever.

Potion of Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 2, 8) + 5 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Happy to tap people with wands as needed out of combat.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim chuckles at Lissanya's attempt to help him out. "Thank ye, lass. And who are ye callin' short? I'm taller 'n me pa, I am!"

When Benevolence makes an offer of additional healing, Gilgrim waves him over to touch him up. He even offers his own wand to use, if preferred.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"Good, there's hope for your line yet." Lissanya replies, studying the depths below, dipping below the rim of the pit to get a better look.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 83/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 12/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

I swear, never in my life have I rolled such consistent garbage for saves as you've been rolling for me GM :-p

CLW Wands: 10d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 1, 8, 2, 6, 7, 1, 5) + 10 = 49

"Fools they were to let pride and avaricce doom them sso."

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

healing Selter:

wand CLW 1: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
wand CLW 2: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
wand CLW 3: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
wand CLW 4: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
wand CLW 5: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
wand CLW 6: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Wasss well done fellowsss. He then walks over to see if he can push the boulder to roll back and allow easier access to the far door.
str: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

If that doesn't work, we can still cut a perpendicular groove to let it roll into the pit and get it completely out of the way.

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Out of combat will use your wand.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Fair.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

"Good work fellows"

thanks for botting me

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

You can easily push the stones around out of the way and make your way to the door

Scrolls Status Card wrote:

Room 7 -- Current Time (0:16)

Group Conditions: Delay Poision (1:00)

Benevolence - dmg; Magic Circle v/Evil (1:20); Daylight (1:20); Longstrider (8:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Highten Aware (0:10); Deathwatch (1:20)
Narayan - dmg; Con Drain 1; Antitoxin (1:00) ; Darkvision (9:00)
Sarvin - dmg; Darkvions (9:00)
Sithiss - dmg; Darkvision (9:00); Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion ; Magic Fang, greater
Gilgrim - dmg; Air Walk (1:20); Countless eyes (9:00) ;
Lissanya - dmg;
Selter - dmg; Darkvison (9:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion; Resist Acid 20 (1:25) ;

Room 8

The narrow passageway opens up into a hallway that ends in a pair of doors. Narrow slits line the walls on both sides of the hall.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

Lissanya Healing:
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Floating down the hall, Lissanya takes a look for trap triggers by the slits.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim follows behind Lissanya, giving her room to do her work, looking for anything in the stonework that might betray danger.

Perception w/Stonecunning: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Hidden rolls:

Per Lissanay: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Per Gilgrim: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Lurking things: 1d20 ⇒ 10 + ??

Gilgrim and recognizes the slits as arrow slits, but from you current angle can not make out what may be behind time.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"I don't see any pressure plates. You first?" Lissanya suggests to Gilgrim.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim nods and moves forward, keeping his shield up and ready, just ahead of his warhammer.

Using a standard action (out of combat, obviously) to be in Total Defense (+6 Dodge to AC), and a move action to make my way down the hall, keeping a watch for surprises (Perception checks, as needed).

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

As Gilgrim softly walks forward. A Hail of arrows shoot out at him. Though it isn't something he triggered. He can make out a gnoll and some tiny fey creatures behind the arrow slits shooting at him

Arrow Surprise attack:

Verus Flat-footed (no dodge bonus)
Gnoll, Bow Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Gnoll, Bow Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Pugwampi Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Pugwampi Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Pugwampi Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Pugwampi Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

One arrow catches Gligrim off-guard

Initiative:

Init, Lissanya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Init, Narayan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 +4 if HA
Init, Selter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Init, Sithiss: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Init, Gilgrim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Init, Benevolence: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Init, Sarvin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Unlucky Init, Selter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Unlucky Init, Lissanya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Unlucky Init, Gilgrim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Init, Gnoll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Init, Puggies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Everyone in the room has a strange feeling and things are not working as you expect.

Unlucky AuraWhile in this area, you must make roll any d20 twice and take the lower of the two results.

Arrow Regular attacks:

Verus Flat-footed (no dodge bonus)
Gnoll, Bow Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Gnoll, Bow Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Gnoll, Bow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Pugwampi Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Pugwampi Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Pugwampi Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Pugwampi Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Though now slightly aware, he dodges the rest.

The Arrow slits provide cover for those behind them

Everyone is up

Scrolls Status Card wrote:

Room 8 -- Current Time (0:18)

Group Conditions: Delay Poision (1:00)

Benevolence - dmg; Magic Circle v/Evil (1:20); Daylight (1:20); Longstrider (8:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Highten Aware (0:10); Deathwatch (1:20)
Narayan - dmg; Con Drain 1; Antitoxin (1:00) ; Darkvision (9:00)
Sarvin - dmg; Darkvions (9:00)
Sithiss - dmg; Darkvision (9:00); Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion ; Magic Fang, greater
Gilgrim - 13 dmg; Air Walk (1:20); Countless eyes (9:00) ;
Lissanya - dmg;
Selter - dmg; Darkvison (9:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion; Resist Acid 20 (1:25) ;

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

A little grumpy about getting hit, Gilgrim doesn't want to play this game that they've tried to pinhole him into. He charges forward, straight at the door, and swings at it with all his strength, hoping to bust it down.

Full-Attack Action:
Charging Adamantine Hammer attack w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Unlucky Charging Adamantine Hammer attack w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Adamantine Hammer damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 6) + 14 = 21

-2 to AC for charging.

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Benevolence moves to the opening of the corridor where he can hit the most targets with his buffs and casts prayer.

Any enemies within 40ft that I have line of effect to get the -1.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Gilgrim charges and smashes open the door.

Benevolence walks around the corner and steps on the plate that other missed and float over. Grease spills on the floor.

Ref, Benevolence: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Ref, Benevolence: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Benevolence maintain's his balance.

Gligrim's air walk keeps him off the slippery surface.

Grease:

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can’t move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 83/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 12/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

Narayan squeezes down the narrow tunnels on Gilgrim's heels. Transparent location is if the door broke

EDITNarayan's plan still works, he'll just jump over the grease, Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 12 = 291d20 + 6 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 12 = 25

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

Lissanya sights in on the closest enemy archer, loosing a shot in return. "I'll walk down the line. You all go on ahead." she calls to the rest of the party.

Longbow on Blue, Deadly Aim, Freebooters Bane, Point Blank Shot: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 3 + 2 + 1 = 32
Damage on Blue: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Assuming I have line of sight on the left side one, if not it will be without Freebooters Bane as Lissanya moves to be able to see. No cover thanks to Improved Precise. EDIT: Not that it matters that much! Pity she doesn't have Improved Critical.

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

Sarvin tries to hit the closest one with his pistol.

attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

With the doors open, Narayan moves in an squeezes next to the gnoll.

Lissany ans Sarvin each take out one of the pugwampi.

The gnoll steps back to get out of the arrow slit, but still shoots at the large Narayan in front of him. Take AoOs

Gnoll, Bow Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Gnoll, Bow Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Gnoll, Bow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Gnoll, Bow Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

With one hit on Narayan.

The remaining fey shoot at Gilgrim
Pugwampi Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Pugwampi Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Missing.

Everyone is back up

Scrolls Status Card wrote:

Room 8 -- Current Time (0:18)

Group Conditions: Delay Poision (1:00)

Benevolence - dmg; Magic Circle v/Evil (1:20); Daylight (1:20); Longstrider (8:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Highten Aware (0:10); Deathwatch (1:20)
Narayan - 9 dmg; Con Drain 1; Antitoxin (1:00) ; Darkvision (9:00)
Sarvin - dmg; Darkvions (9:00)
Sithiss - dmg; Darkvision (9:00); Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion ; Magic Fang, greater
Gilgrim - 13 dmg; Air Walk (1:20); Countless eyes (9:00) ;
Lissanya - dmg;
Selter - dmg; Darkvison (9:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion; Resist Acid 20 (1:25) ;

Gnoll - dmg
Pugwampi -

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Satisfied with his work, and with the door down, Gilgrim tromps around the corner to face the annoying little gnats that shot at him.

Not sure if the Unluck still takes affect in this part of the room, but I'll just keep making the second roll, just in case.

Adamantine Hammer attack w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Unlucky Adamantine Hammer attack w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Adamantine Hammer damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 2) + 14 = 20

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 83/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 12/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

Narayan reaches out as the Gnoll draws back the string, and tries to crush the bow to flinders! Then he continues to hammer at the gnoll, despite being hampered by the close quearters.

Sunder: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 19 - 4 = 28
Sunder: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 19 - 4 = 30
Bludgeoning: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 1, 5) + 13 = 20 So probably no shots fired

Mighty Fist!: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 17 - 4 = 28
Mighty Fist!: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 17 - 4 = 32
Bludgeoning: 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 2, 3) + 15 = 25
Elbow Smash: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 4 = 15
Elbow Smash: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 4 = 23
Nonlethal: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 4, 6) + 11 = 24
Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 4 = 35
Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 4 = 29
Snaking Jab: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 17 - 4 = 29 If Narayan hits a shaken target they're flat-footed til the end of his next turn
Snaking Jab: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 17 - 4 = 15
Bludgeoning: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) + 11 = 23
Flicking Backfist: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 4 = 16
Flicking Backfist: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 4 = 22
Bludgeoning: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) + 11 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Benevolence stays put in the Greece, hitting the gnoll with a set of magic missiles.

pew: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 2, 2) + 5 = 16

Will fire at the shorties if the gnoll is already down.

201 to 250 of 478 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS][RD] The Guantles - Scrolls Table All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.