[PFS][RD] The Guantlet -- SCROLLS Table (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

SCROLL Map


1 to 50 of 478 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

The summons has come.

From atop the high bluff, the sprawling city of Absalom at your back, your destination looks like nothing so much as an errant pile of rocks and loose boulders. A Siege Castle, they call it, one of an endless number of ruins surrounding the City at the Center of the World, time-lost fortresses of would-be conquerors. In thousands of years, Absalom has never fallen, leaving a scattering of forgotten towers, castles, and keeps strewn at odd intervals like corpses on a battlefield. As you near, the structure’s irregular contours take form. Huge monoliths of old stone form a squat platform about a hundred feet square. Centuries of rubble and debris litter the top of the platform, which levels out twenty feet from the ground. A fallen tower or crumbling rampart rises from the rubble here and there, but the ruin looks beyond hope of restoration, its run-down architecture more a part of the natural landscape than an edifice crafted by the hands of men. But there, at the center of the southern wall, lies the landmark spoken of in your summons—sturdy double doors of bright red metal. The time to test your adventuring skills is at hand. It’s your turn to face the Gauntlet!

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

Very few words have passed her lips during the march out of Absalom and across the scarred battle lands laid around it. "Lissanya." is all you receive in introduction. Tall and painfully thin, she steps lightly through the ruins, almost appearing ready to disappear completely. A study green cloak covers black leather, faded gold trim accenting the light armor. Bow at the ready, pale blonde hair wisps around her face as she regards the doors intently.

Thanks to a PaizoCon boon she has Trapfinding from Mummy's Mask. Shall we examine the door for such?

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

An imposing snake man strides forth boldly followed by a large armored reptile. Juesturing at the ruin, he says, You mammalsss leave sssuch a messs where ever you go. You ssshould consssume every opponent down to the sssskeleton. Then it will be more difficult for anyone to track you by the sssignsss of your conflictsss.

checks before arriving, on the way here, or the end of the approach:

I am trying to remember any stories I've hear about this place...
knowledge local (storyteller): 1d20 + 0 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 0 + 3 = 9
knowledge geography: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
knowledge nature: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 = 31
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Selter will want to cast some buff spells prior to opening the door.


female Animal Companion, stegosaurus, AC:33, FF:29, Th:13, HP 45/45, F7/R9/W3(+4vsEnch), Perc +7, Init +3 (evasion)

A large stegosaurus ponderously follows her master. Hsss....

in case Sithiss should notice anything on the way here or the final approach:

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"Better to be air and leave no trace at all." Seeing no danger yet, Lissanya weaves magic to lengthen her stride. A touch of a slim wand heightens her senses as well.

Longstrider is up for 8 hours. Heightened Awareness for 10 minutes or until we hit combat.


Enora, Female LN Halfling | Arcanist 7 | Arcane Reservoir: 6/6 | Prescience: 6/6 | HP 45/45 | Temp HP .16/16 AC 15 T 15 FF 12) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +7 (+9 fear) | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 2/4 | Staff charges 10/10 | Wand CLW 5/10 | Wand Mage Armor 2/5 | Rod of extend 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Mage armor, false life |

Enora, a small female halfling in fine robes looks at all of you with interest.

She walks towards you and says "Oh yes, I am finally here!! Hello, my name is Enora. I assume we are all professionals here!! Might be a good chance to get to know each other. I am from Rahadoum originally and am quite interested in magical phenomena - I hope to have your support in uncovering the secrets of this wonderful world. And I am quite optimistic that we will be successful!" she says cheerfully.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 45/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | CMD 39, FFCMD 36 | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

Narayan approaches the group with his teeth bared in a grin that's... unsettling, but entirely heartfelt.

His jaw juts out over a very short neck, which with his broad shoulders gives him a somewhat squat appearance even though he stands comfortably over 6' tall. His clothing is simple and roughspun, but he has an small cache of various magical implements hung at his belt.

He gives you all a respectful bow with that same fangy smile spreading across his face, and introduces himself, "I am Narayan Ssingh. I musst confesss that I do not know much of thiss Gauntlet. Has anyone sspoken to those who have endured it?"

UMD: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 Mage Armor
UMD: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 Heightened Awareness
He'll travel around with a wand of Shield out, but hasn't used it yet


Enora, Female LN Halfling | Arcanist 7 | Arcane Reservoir: 6/6 | Prescience: 6/6 | HP 45/45 | Temp HP .16/16 AC 15 T 15 FF 12) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +7 (+9 fear) | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 2/4 | Staff charges 10/10 | Wand CLW 5/10 | Wand Mage Armor 2/5 | Rod of extend 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Mage armor, false life |

Enora uses her wand of mage armor and casts false life.

False life temp HP, 7 hours: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Enora, Female LN Halfling | Arcanist 7 | Arcane Reservoir: 6/6 | Prescience: 6/6 | HP 45/45 | Temp HP .16/16 AC 15 T 15 FF 12) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +7 (+9 fear) | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 2/4 | Staff charges 10/10 | Wand CLW 5/10 | Wand Mage Armor 2/5 | Rod of extend 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Mage armor, false life |

Enora suddenly realises that she is in the wrong mission briefing!!

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

Seeing the others magically prepare themselves for combat, Selter does likewise.

buff spells:

Greater magic fang +2 on Sithiss' tail - duration 8 hours
Shield Companion on Sithiss - duration 8 hours
Longstrider on both of them with Improved Spell Sharing - duration 4 hours
Barkskin on both of them with Improved Spell Sharing - duration 40 minutes

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

"Sarvin here"

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

ROOM 1

The red metal doors open to reveal a richly appointed room lit by lanterns along all four walls. A wide carpet of regal blue hue stretches thirty-five feet across the floor to a pair of deep green metal doors set into the north wall opposite you. Halfway across the room, the carpet branches to the west, where it ends at the foot of a golden door with bright silver hinges. Two man-sized statues of sumptuously armored figures in elaborate masks flank the golden door, the glass lenses of their helmets glimmering in the lantern-light as they stand silent vigil. Along the eastern wall, four broad stairs lead to a wide dais on which rests a long banquet table overlooking the room. Behind the table sit three well-composed figures: a long-haired elf in robes wearing a wistful look, a middle-aged human seated before an open book, and a gregarious bald human with a clipped dark beard and a glint in his eye.

You immediately recognize the seated figures as the three powerful deans of the Pathfinder Society’s academy in Absalom, the honored instructors responsible for training young Pathfinders prior to their Confirmation as formal field agents. From north to south, they are the elf Kreighton Shaine, the Society’s Master of Scrolls; Sorrina Westyr , its Master of Spells; and Marcos Farabellus , its Master of Swords

The red metal doors clang shut behind you, echoing against the sturdy stone walls of the lantern-lit chamber. The woman at the center of the table turns to the massive book before her and reads each of your names, pausing for a moment to look straight into the eyes of each hero as his or her name is called. “Able agents,” she says, “the Decemvirate itself has taken notice of your exploits and adventures, and believes that you are called to further greatness on behalf of the Pathfinder Society. To prove that their trust in your abilities is well founded, they have called upon we three deans of the Pathfinder Society, your former trainers, to administer one final test to you. Your task is to venture north, through the green metal doors, and face the Gauntlet’s challenges and eventually emerge through the gold door to the west. Before you proceed, you may each ask each of your old instructors a single yes-or-no question about the dangers to come, which we are obliged to answer as honestly as possible.


LG Male human investigator 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 17 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7 (+9 with sword cane) CMD 19 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +1 | Perc: +16, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | inspiration 11/11 | Extracts: 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2| Active conditions: None.

A tall Galtish man steps in and gives everyone in the room a keen eyed examination. after a moment, "I am Quinn, I am not a heavy combatant, nor am I an expert with infiltration, however I am well trained in bypassing traps of all sorts.

As the others prepare spells he quietly goes over the many pockets and vials making sure that he will be able to grab the correct item at the right time.

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

"Will we be facing any undead?"

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

Will control of our mindsss be a major threat beyond the doorsss?

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

A loud, fast-paced thumping can be heard from behind the group, just on the other side of the red doors, which quickly grows in volume and intensity. "Hold them doors!" calls a voice, heavy with dwarvish brogue.

A moment later, the doors swing open once more to reveal a stout dwarven man, suited in a platemail armor that looks like it was crafted from the scales of some draconic creature. His long blonde hair and beard looks like it was once neatly kept, but his recent jaunt seems to have greatly unsettled it. A large, well-made shield is strapped to the dwarf's back, and a slew of hammers hangs from his belt, including a warhammer that looks rather heavy.

The endurance of the dwarves is put on display as he wipes his brow, but otherwise seems barely winded. "Ah, good!" he bellows cheerfully. "Thought ye may have started the fun without me. The name's Gilgrim Flintmaul, hailing from Rolgrimmdur of the Five Kings Mountains. Me shield an' hammer be at yer service." He emphasizes this last comment as he pulls the shield off his back and the warhammer from his belt, then proceeds to ring the two together three times, like some kind of gong. The look on his beaming face shows off the pride of his statment, and possibly the sound.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"Good. You can stand between me and the enemies."

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Will there be any undead?

"Yes"

Will control of our mindsss be a major threat beyond the doorsss?

"Yes"

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"Will illusions be employed against us, to include invisibility?" Lissanya inquires as well.


LG Male human investigator 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 17 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7 (+9 with sword cane) CMD 19 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +1 | Perc: +16, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | inspiration 11/11 | Extracts: 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2| Active conditions: None.

"Are we more likely to encounter disease than poison?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 45/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | CMD 39, FFCMD 36 | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

"Will there be any innoccentss within the Gauntlet ssave oursselves?"

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.
Lissanya wrote:
"Good. You can stand between me and the enemies."

Gilgrim grins at the genie-kin. "Aye lass. I'll be doing my best, so long as ye can back me up."

GM Gustavef wrote:
"Before you proceed, you may each ask each of your old instructors a single yes-or-no question about the dangers to come, which we are obliged to answer as honestly as possible.”

"I've got a question for ya. Is there any chance that there be any dragon-kin located in this gauntlet? I've hand more than enough of them to last me a time."

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Will illusions be employed against us, to include invisibility?
"No"

Are we more likely to encounter disease than poison?
"No"

Will there be any innoccentss within the Gauntlet ssave oursselves?
"No"

Is there any chance that there be any dragon-kin located in this gauntlet?
"Yes"

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

An old man with peeling alabaster skin and golden eyes joins the group at last. His alabaster skin is peeling off in places as though it were old paint, while scar tissue covers the few bits that aren't.

"Greetings fellow Pathfinders. My name is Benevolence, I am a wealth mage of Abadar and will be doing my best to provide us the magical protections we need."

Benevolence asks several of his questions "Are we likely to encounter magical darkness? Will we have an opportunity to safely rest inside the gauntlet?"

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

Ssself ssseesss no troublesss that sssuch asss usss can not crusssh. Let usss be off.

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

Sarvin grabs his backpack.

"Yes let's be off on this test.."

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Are we likely to encounter magical darkness?
"Yes"

Will we have an opportunity to safely rest inside the gauntlet?
"Yes"

When you are done asking, feel free to do any other preparations and let me know when you want to open the Green Door

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

Lissanya speaks quiet words of magic, causing tree bark to sheath her exposed skin.

Barkskin is up for the next 80 minutes, Lissanya is ready to go.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim bangs his hammer against his shield once more for good measure. "Aright! Wag yer little fingers if ya can, and strap on yer big dwarf pants. Let's get this thing done."

He makes his way to the door and waits for his allies to join him.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Everyone please make sure you update your info on Slide 1

Opening the Green Door:

Room 2

The green metal doors open to reveal a short hallway extending five feet to the north before ending in a billowing curtain of opaque, multi-colored gas. Every few seconds, the gas glows with an inner, largely obscured radiance—first red, then blue, and finally white before the cycle begins anew. The swirling gas makes distance difficult to determine, but perhaps eighty feet away, a wide column of dull green light casts a lugubrious radiance over the chamber.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 +2 vs traps

Lissanya posts against the opening and scans the rooms for threats. "Gilgrim, after you? she suggests, eyes on the cloudy column.

Does Lissanya see anything through the gas with Cloud Gazer?

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim steps up to the cloud and stops, looking over his shoulder and asking, "Anyone tell if this stuff is poisonous? I'm all fer going in head-first, if it's something I can smash, but don't dive into the water if ya can't swim, aye?"

Detect Poison spell, perchance?

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

Sarvin looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Benevolence casts:

Darkvision on: Sithiss, Selter, Narayan & Quinn (9 hours)

False Life on himself Temp HP: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 (9 hours)

Magic Circle against Evil on himself (80 minutes)

Daylight on his staff (80 minutes)

Longstrider on himself (8 hours)

Airwalk on Gilgrim 80 minutes

Wand of Mage Armor on self 1 hour

Wand of Heightened Awareness on self 10 minutes, will use for +initiative

Countless Eyes on Gilgrim 9 hours Can't be flanked

Benevolence responds:

"Of course"

And casts detect poison.

DC 20 wisdom check to determine type of poison if needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Benevolence also adds "Either way, stick something not too valuable in, gotta see if it's caustic."

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim nods to Benevolence and pulls a torch out of his pack, then sticks half of it into the strange mist.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 45/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | CMD 39, FFCMD 36 | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

Narayan grins unconcernedly and waits for more knowledgeable friends to tell him about the poison before plunging in.

Realized I didn't say Barkskin earlier, just marked off the ki, but Barkskin

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

Benevolence will ussse thisss wand on ssself? wand of mage armor so I have so armor bonus if I wild shape

Buffs in effect
Darkvision
Mage Armor
Long Strider
Barkskin
Shield Companion

Hmm... Does that look like anything I've seen or heard of before?

knowledge nature: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 19 on the off chance this is something natural
Detect Magic and Detect Poison
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 also looking for a secret door before the fumes to maybe find a way around them.


female Animal Companion, stegosaurus, AC:33, FF:29, Th:13, HP 45/45, F7/R9/W3(+4vsEnch), Perc +7, Init +3 (evasion)

Buffs in effect
Darkvision
Mage Armor
Long Strider
Barkskin
Shield Companion
Magic Fang, Greater

Hsss....

perception with scent: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Extra Rolls:

Selter Wisdom check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

YEs. The haze/could is poisonous but Benevolence is unable to figure out what type. However Selter does recognize it as

Burnt Othur Fumes:

Type poison (inhaled); Save Fortitude DC 18
Frequency 1/round for 6 rounds
Initial Effect 1 Con drain; Secondary Effect 1d3 Con
damage; Cure 2 consecutive saves

if looks like some magic membrane is keeping the haze from flowing back in to the first room, but does not seem to impede your progress. You put the unlit torch end in and pull it out. The haze did not seem to affect the torch.

Also after some study with detect you realize that the alcoves also radiate some type of evocation magic up near the ceiling. But the haze right now prevents you from making out any details of the objects in the alcoves themselves.

The rug down the middle of the room seems to radiate some type of Conjuration effect.

You can only notice the first four alcoves with the range of detect magic

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 45/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | CMD 39, FFCMD 36 | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

"Sso all we need to do is hold our breath? Ssimple! I will retrieve whichever objectss you desire."

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim nods when he hears this. "Sounds simple enough. But I think I'll be avoiding that rug fer th' time being."

The dwarf draws in a deep breath, plugs his nose between his fingers and steps through the curtain of mist/gas.

Hold Breath: 1d100 ⇒ 30

Once he steps through, assuming nothing else seems to go wrong, he steps to the side, avoiding the rug until they can identify what the enchantment on it does.

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Benevolence gladly uses the wand and explains "I have communal delay poison memorized if things become more hazardous but it would only delay the problem."

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

Sarvin holds his breath and follows the party.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Holding you breath right now will be okay until something else "exciting" happens. Then it will be a +2 bonus to your first fort save.

As Gilgrim carefully approaches the first alcove. He makes out a bright red beam of light above the haze of the poisonous cloud, 30 feet off the floor. He can also make out that the bas reliefs are of faces and the beam of light goes between the eyes of the faces across from each other.

Although hazy, Gilgrim can make out a blue then a white beam further in.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim gives the others a moment, seeing if they follow him, to point out the strange beams. If they're hanging back for the moment, he crosses back over to the other side of the 'curtain' and describes what he saw. He also makes mention that the gas is filling the other side completely, so they'll have to be careful about breathing.

Well this should be interesting. :P

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

Sssir Gilgrim, please to go over your description again.

GM, it sounded like the fumes do not go clear to the ceiling and it might be possible to fly over the fumes. Is that correct?

Ssshould we try disssrupting the beamsss of light and sssetting off the posssible trap while we are out here?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 45/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | CMD 39, FFCMD 36 | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

Narayan calmly drinks an Antitoxin, takes in a deep breath, and sets forward to examine the room in more detail, hopping over the enchanted carpet.

Can't fail to make that jump, took a single move action.
Also, were there objects except the eye-laser faces in the alcoves?

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Benevolence stays back out of the poisonous cloud for now.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

The top 5 feet seem to be clear. That is because you can see the gas pouring out of the stone faces in each of the Alcoves.

As Narayan jumps over the first carpet, the beams from the first set of faces shoot down at him.

Narayan Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Unable to get out of the way he takes the brunt of the beam.
Beam damage, Fire: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 4) = 17

The shock of the beam casuse him to take a deep breath
Fort Sv Posion: 1d20 + 9 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 5 + 2 = 17

Taken completly by surprise he gulps in the fumes and is affected by them

Scrolls table status card wrote:


Room 2

Lissanya - dmg;
Narayan - 17 dmg; Con Drain 1; Antitoxin (1:00) ; Darkvision (9:00)
Selter - dmg; Darkvison (9:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion
Sithiss - dmg; Darkvision (9:00); Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion ; Magic Fang, greater
Quinn - dmg; Darkvions (9:00)
Gilgrim - dmg; Airwalk (1:20); Countless eyes (no flank) (9:00)
Benevolence - dmg; Magic Circle v/Evil (1:20); Daylight (1:20); Longstrider (8:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Highten Aware (0:10);

[/qoute]

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin
Benevolence wrote:
Benevolence gladly uses the wand and explains "I have communal delay poison memorized if things become more hazardous but it would only delay the problem."

"Perhaps we use that while I attempt to disable these problems."

1 to 50 of 478 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS][RD] The Guantles - Scrolls Table All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.