[SFS/Shifty] #1-06 A night in Nightarch (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps and handouts


1 to 50 of 456 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gameplay thread - feel free to dot in.


Venture-Captain Naiaj Pictured in slides and handouts has summoned you to a briefing in the Lorespire Complex on Absalom Station.

Venture-Captain Naiaj watches a map holographically projected onto the spherical wall of the dimly lit chamber. This meeting room is aptly named the “Starscape Chamber” and hosts various important strategic meetings for the Society. The pale bleachling gnome slightly nods a greeting, hardly looking away from the stellar map. “Thank you for meeting with me on such short notice,” she says, as she finally turns away from the map. “As you should already know, the Starfinder Society lost not only many agents but also a great deal of equipment in the Scoured Stars incident. Since then, we’ve been dealing with a shortage of guns, ammunition, armor, tools, and provisions. Over the past four months, the Society has recovered to the point that we are able to start replacing some of the equipment we lost. While we are explorers, right now, battle-ready firearms are sorely needed.”

Naiaj momentarily turns to face the map and makes a request: “Starscape, show me Nightarch.” The map on the wall zooms in on one of the outermost planets of the Pact Worlds, showing a gloomy, air-sealed settlement on the small gray planetoid identified as Apostae. “After calling in a lot of favors and holding lengthy negotiations, we managed to secure a deal with the drow of Apostae to obtain a shipment of weapons. House Zeizerer arranged a deal between the Starfinder Society and House Xicton, a lesser drow house with a solid track record on sales. I personally oversaw the negotiations, and only recently returned to Absalom Station to deposit the down payment owed to House Xicton.”

“My intention was to send you to Nightarch, the drow’s surface settlement on Apostae, to guard this deliveryHowever,” Naiaj pauses briefly, staring blankly at the map on the wall before continuing, “I just received word that the weapon shipment has been stolen. According to my contacts in Nightarch, the thief is a minor noble of House Zeizerer named Villyth, who went rogue and stole the weapons. We do not know her motives or the current whereabouts of the shipment, but I’m sending you to Nightarch to find the weapons and bring them to Absalom Station. As you may have heard, the interhouse politics of the drow are lethal and treacherous, and you will find only trouble if you start searching blindly. For this reason, I’ve arranged for you to meet with Ceobarn Zeizerer, who represents House Zeizerer in this specific matter. You are to discuss how the Society can get its shipment back without causing a diplomatic incident.”

“Your shuttle is ready, so I expect you to get your things and get going as soon as possible. If you have any questions, now is the time to ask.”


"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +0; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 40 ft, fly 30 ft (Avg)| Evasion | Active conditions: None

Iseph smirks as he turns to leave. No questions here. Go, find the weapons and bring them back. Sounds simple enough. You know my usual rate, although if you want me to pilot the shuttle it will be extra.

His joints hiss slightly as they stride out of the room and toward the elevators. Within moments they are wizzing down toward the shuttle bay.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

N Male Ysoki Operative 7 Init +9 | SP 31|56, HP 44|44, RP 9|9 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +11, Will +9, Evasion, +2vs spells|sla | Perception +15
Buffs:
Resources:
Reroll: Used

A small brown furred Ysoki loos up from the datapad he has been tapping away on. Interesting mission sir, lots of opportunities if you keep your eyes, ears and nose open. For the enterprising sort of course.

He hops down from the chair he has been lounging in and pads over to the map. Not so fast Iseph, more intelligence is always better. Can you tell us anything more about these drow houses, I've never dealt with them before. Just how viscious do their politics get? he asks with a gleam of excitement in his eyes.


Atticus Finch wrote:
Can you tell us anything more about these drow houses, I've never dealt with them before. Just how viscious do their politics get?

"The interhouse politics of the drow are lethal and treacherous, so that is why I am first sending you to meet with Ceobarn Zeizerer—a representative of House Zeizere —to discuss how the Society can get its shipment back without causing a diplomatic incident.

"House Zeizerer are the most powerful drow household on Apostae, controlling the major surface settlement of Nightarch. They are demon-worshipers and arms dealers like the rest of them, but as far as drow houses go, they are quite reliable because they have a reputation to uphold. Complications like this are bad for the business. Our representative with them, Ceobarn Zeizerer, has always been blunt and up-front with me—how I prefer to handle most of my social interactions.”

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

An android who somehow manages to smell like it's been to some sort of party before showing up for the briefing speaks up with a slightly monotonous voice

"Checking;Sneaking in and out without being noticed is considered not causing an diplomatic incident?"

With a team of operatives we might as well try to be sneaky if we get the chance ;) As opposed to try to negotiate or blast our way in and out again..although I'm not against those if those turn out to be our best option(s)


"The Drow have a common saying "Watch All About, Warily, And The Goddess May Give You The Gift Of Continued Life", sneaking is a sound strategy, but remember, Drow politics is particularly nasty and they spend their lives watching for daggers in the dark so don't be complacent or overconfident and be prepared for countermeasures"


N Female Vesk Vanguard 4 | SP 52/52 : HP 36/36 : RP 7/7 | EAC 21 : KAC 22 | Fort. +9 : Ref. +6 : Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +10 (low light) | Speed 20 ft. | May Pharasma guide us!

A colorful, female, Vesk, with nice Formian armor, a Riot shield, and a coil gun on her hip, clomps in, and salutes Venture Captain Naiaj: "Cap'n!"
Before nodding to her comrades: "Vee Vee."

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

The female lashunta listens intently to the briefing.

This seems like a much more professional team then my last mission. Thank the Stars for small favors.

"What kind of intelligence do we have on the area? Maps? Size of the enemy house? Do we feel this theft was a crime of opportunity or directed specifically at harming the Starinders or our interests? Anything they want we can acquire and trade for our weapons?"

Exo-Guardians

CG Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 4 | SP 6/32 HP: 32/32 RP 5/5| EAC: 17 / KAC 19 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs Spell, SLA)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Home-made Grenade: Summoning Grenade MkI| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

Da'at looks about at his fellow Starfinders, popping a small vial of painkillers with one set of hands as he holds his head with another hand. "Do you really want to pay for the weapons we bought a second time?" he chimes in in response to the Lashunta woman. "I'd rather we go in, sneak around, get our stuff, maybe plant a nice, tasteful amount of plastic explosives for Count Assbandit - I'm sorry Villyth - and then scram."

Popping two tablets, he swallows, putting them away as he adds: "Not that I mind the Drow. I'm sure that as corpses they are fine people to have as neighbors." He pauses and concludes: "When we talk to them, I'll let the rest of you do the talking. I'm Da'at and I sure as Hells don't have any problem with any Drow, especially not Drow pirates."


Kiv {Ilsia Kivulia} wrote:

The female lashunta listens intently to the briefing.

This seems like a much more professional team then my last mission. Thank the Stars for small favors.

"What kind of intelligence do we have on the area? Maps? Size of the enemy house? Do we feel this theft was a crime of opportunity or directed specifically at harming the Starinders or our interests? Anything they want we can acquire and trade for our weapons?"

“While the surface of Apostae is otherwise airless, Nightarch is the largest settlement on the planetoid’s surface and a major spaceport with bustling markets dealing in all kinds of weapons. It is a sealed city. Its towers, domes, and halls are all constructed with contained environmental systems similar to those on starships, so you won’t need any special equipment. That said, armor and weapons are not only permissible, but everything short of mandatory while wandering the city streets. Be sure to keep your wits about you. House Zeizerer controls the city, that's why you’ll be meeting with their representative Ceobarn Zeizerer who will no doubt give you more current situational awareness”

"We suspect the theft was more an act of rebellion by an upstart, and usually the only thing Drow want is profit. They sell high-quality weapons and we pay high-quality credits"

Da'at wrote:
" I sure as Hells don't have any problem with any Drow, especially not Drow pirates."

“Just bear in mind she is a minor noble in the hierarchy of House Zeizerer. I understand that she is something of a rebel, and as far as I know, her actions were not sanctioned by her house. That said, they might not be too happy about us pruning their family tree”


CULTURE OR GATHER INFORMATION (DIPLOMACY)
Planets/local cultures/

15+:
Nightarch is a metropolis of over 1,200,000 inhabitants, most of whom are drow elves. Their society is traditionally matriarchal, but contrary to popular belief, the gender divide is not backed by law; rather, it is a holdover from pre-Gap times. A drow man with enough contacts, cunning, and wealth may rise to positions of leadership, rivaling drow women in power.

20+:
The city has a sizable orc and halforc population, but they are treated
as second-class citizens at best, and slaves at worst. Most orcs and halforcs are destined to live and die as mercenaries, or, as some drow houses prefer to put it, cannon fodder.

25+:
Weapons are Nightarch’s main export, and many drow houses are
involved in arms trade. What most people don’t know is that there are thousands of miles of tunnels and numerous vaults of alien technology beneath the surface of Apostae. Many weapons designed in Nightarch are reverse-engineered from this technology.

30+:

Of the many bizarre technologies that drow are known for, fleshwarping is perhaps the least understood. It involves mutations and magic to transform a humanoid creature into a hate-filled abomination. While originally a punishment, a more refined form of fleshwarping can be used to create augmentations which—while gruesome to behold—greatly enhance the individual’s physical qualities. In the most drastic cases of fleshwarping, the target often suffers from incredibly reduced intelligence, limiting the creature’s tactical acumen.


CULTURE OR GATHER INFORMATION (DIPLOMACY)
Planets/local cultures/

15+:
Nightarch is a metropolis of over 1,200,000 inhabitants, most of whom are drow elves. Their society is traditionally matriarchal, but contrary to popular belief, the gender divide is not backed by law; rather, it is a holdover from pre-Gap times. A drow man with enough contacts, cunning, and wealth may rise to positions of leadership, rivaling drow women in power.

20+:
The city has a sizable orc and halforc population, but they are treated as second-class citizens at best, and slaves at worst. Most orcs and halforcs are destined to live and die as mercenaries, or, as some drow houses prefer to put it, cannon fodder.

25+:
Weapons are Nightarch’s main export, and many drow houses are involved in arms trade. What most people don’t know is that there are thousands of miles of tunnels and numerous vaults of alien technology beneath the surface of Apostae. Many weapons designed in Nightarch are reverse-engineered from this technology.

30+:

Of the many bizarre technologies that drow are known for, fleshwarping is perhaps the least understood. It involves mutations and magic to transform a humanoid creature into a hate-filled abomination. While originally a punishment, a more refined form of fleshwarping can be used to create augmentations which—while gruesome to behold—greatly enhance the individual’s physical qualities. In the most drastic cases of fleshwarping, the target often suffers from incredibly reduced intelligence, limiting the creature’s tactical acumen.

Exo-Guardians

CG Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 4 | SP 6/32 HP: 32/32 RP 5/5| EAC: 17 / KAC 19 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs Spell, SLA)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Home-made Grenade: Summoning Grenade MkI| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion
Shifty wrote:

"We suspect the theft was more an act of rebellion by an upstart, and usually the only thing Drow want is profit. They sell high-quality weapons and we pay high-quality credits"

“Just bear in mind she is a minor noble in the hierarchy of House Zeizerer. I understand that she is something of a rebel, and as far as I know, her actions were not sanctioned by her house. That said, they might not be too happy about us pruning their family tree”

Da'at shifts in his chair, padding his chest for some sunglasses. "Oh, OK; so it's just Drow teenage angst coming through here. Great. I'll put the pruner away." He flicks them open, and as he is about to put them on, pauses. "I realize it looks like I've been on some kind of bender. Most of the time, you'd be right. But this isn't one; I'm just recovering from one hell of an assignment. If ever you go to Athaeum, I'd keep my spacesuit on and the atmosphere scrubbers on high, because I'm not even sure what I did there. Except shoot some extinguishers? Maybe?"

Da'at cannot roll on any of those. Hooray! Looking to you my fine, smarter, good-looking companions!


Looks like everyone has checked in. Feel free to ask any last questions, make your knowledge checks, and slot any boons based on the mission brief. I'll move us on shortly :)


N Female Vesk Vanguard 4 | SP 52/52 : HP 36/36 : RP 7/7 | EAC 21 : KAC 22 | Fort. +9 : Ref. +6 : Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +10 (low light) | Speed 20 ft. | May Pharasma guide us!

You all see that Vee Vee's eyes seem quite boonless, other than the small Wayfinders patch attached to her armor.
Playtest so no boons
With no idea of what Athaeum is, she does make a mental note to do Da'at says, and invites the soldier for a drink: "Wanna grab some soycaf at the cantina before we go, Da'at?"
She'll grab a plate of whatever the daily special is, and ask around for some info' while she's there.
Gather Info': 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
"Whasssh shhoou kkksshnow da Drsssso?"
With her mouth full, no one understands what she's talking about, so Vee Vee ends up without any information to share.

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14
Da'at wrote:
"Do you really want to pay for the weapons we bought a second time?"
Naiaj wrote:
I personally oversaw the negotiations, and only recently returned to Absalom Station to deposit the down payment owed to House Xicton.

"Actually, We have only placed a deposit, not paid for the shipment. If we can recover the arms via some other means, we may save money."

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

"We do need to be sharp on this. Over a million drow down there, any one of them likely to slice our throats."

Feel free to open up spoilers 15,20 & 25

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

N Male Ysoki Operative 7 Init +9 | SP 31|56, HP 44|44, RP 9|9 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +11, Will +9, Evasion, +2vs spells|sla | Perception +15
Buffs:
Resources:
Reroll: Used

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Atticus looks up from his data pad, an image of Nightarch floats on the screen. My information is limited but it seems these drow are matriarchal although thats a holdover from pre gap days. Men can rise just as high as woman and this Nightarh is pretty big, if we miss anything here we can probably pick it up there.

Slipping out of his chair he pockets his datapad, I'm ready to go, what about the rest of you? Oh, one more thing,, silly me, where do we meet this Ceobarn?

Exo-Guardians

CG Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 4 | SP 6/32 HP: 32/32 RP 5/5| EAC: 17 / KAC 19 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs Spell, SLA)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Home-made Grenade: Summoning Grenade MkI| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion
Kiv {Ilsia Kivulia} wrote:
"We do need to be sharp on this. Over a million drow down there, any one of them likely to slice our throats."

Da'at shrugs. "All it changes is the size of the bomb really..." he grumbles, before deciding to join the Vesk for soykaf and grits. "Why is it always soy?" he asks Vee Vee rhetorically, sniffing at the food with a look of dismay before poking at it unenthusiatically and asking for a corn-derived sweetener. "My people might be the most pompous a+&+#+! blowhards in the Core, but at least they managed to maintain biodiversity on the Idari. There were skalath eggs, jumbrah ham... The odd seasonal fruit. And when they parked! The produce managers are still fainting at the idea of a Golarion cow. Maybe you need to live on a desert planet to appreciate food variety." He adds a dollop of syrup, then begins to fork it in discreetly under the mask. "Then again, this stuff is pretty cheap." As he looks up, Vee manages to let loose a spray of half-eaten food in the direction of some of the other patrons. "Let it go Vee. And swallow before you ask another question. Don't thank me. And if you insist, please swallow."

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

Processing the data the others are sharing the Android knows as OP-1 nods at Atticus question

"Ready"


N Female Vesk Vanguard 4 | SP 52/52 : HP 36/36 : RP 7/7 | EAC 21 : KAC 22 | Fort. +9 : Ref. +6 : Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +10 (low light) | Speed 20 ft. | May Pharasma guide us!

Vee Vee swallows.
"Ready."


An otherwise empty shuttle from Absalom Station takes you on your weeklong journey to Apostae. As the shuttle approaches the dull gray planetoid, several fighters emerge from a hulking capital ship identified as part of the local fleet defense: the Blood Armada.

These fighters whizz past like a swarm of angry wasps. The navigation computer lets out a blaring alert as the capital ship scans the shuttle, but soon after, the alert ends and the fighters fly back to the massive carrier. The shuttle descends into low-orbit, and several small settlements with sealed atmospheres come into view. Further out, beneath clouds of dust, several mile-wide blast doors, many large craters, and miles deep crevices can be seen across the planetoid’s surface.

The shuttle soars closer to Apostae’s surface, fast approaching the dark city of Nightarch. The eponymous arch and various tower houses can be seen within the city limits. Nightarch’s vast spaceport is alive with hundreds of blinking red and purple lights, which guide the shuttle into the gloomy capital of the drow.

Once disembarked from your shuttle in Nightarch, two (rather uncommunicative) drow guards working for House Zeizerer—Laibross and Sirendeil—escort them through a labyrinth of air-filled, enclosed tunnels to Mileshadow, a tall corporate building owned by House Zeizerer.

The guards open the door to a spacious office on the top floor of the tall building, and without even a hint of emotion, one drow barely mutters, “Wait here.” The greentinged windows in the room offer a majestic view over the gloomy Nightarch. Several statues and holographic devices depicting grinning fiends sit on shelves on the walls and on a darkwood desk at the far end of the room. A curious fixture reminiscent of a demonic spider looks down from the ceiling with many glistening eyes.

DC 20 Culture or Mysticism check (Priest theme gets +5):
You realize that the statues and holograms depict different aspects of the demon lord Abraxas.

Exo-Guardians

CG Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 4 | SP 6/32 HP: 32/32 RP 5/5| EAC: 17 / KAC 19 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs Spell, SLA)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Home-made Grenade: Summoning Grenade MkI| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

"Huh. Who would have thought" comments the kasathan as he takes in the surrounding scenery, with its panoramic view on Nightarch. They share the same fashion store with the Hellknight orders. "Nice view."

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Kiv falls back on her training as she puts on a familiar show of ease. She casually looks for any visible cameras or listening devices.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

N Male Ysoki Operative 7 Init +9 | SP 31|56, HP 44|44, RP 9|9 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +11, Will +9, Evasion, +2vs spells|sla | Perception +15
Buffs:
Resources:
Reroll: Used

As they make their way through Nightarch Atticus surreptitiously tries to record their travels.

You never know when this sort of stuff might come in handy

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Arriving at the House he looks around.

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Nice place, the spider motif is a bit overdone though


Atticus keeps his recordings and notes on the down-low whilst Da'at admires the view.

Kiv is pretty certain there are a few recording devices in the Drow office, and probably a few even better hidden - but paranoia runs deep in Drow society so it doesn't seem out of place Touching or moving anything to look about, or just observing?


N Female Vesk Vanguard 4 | SP 52/52 : HP 36/36 : RP 7/7 | EAC 21 : KAC 22 | Fort. +9 : Ref. +6 : Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +10 (low light) | Speed 20 ft. | May Pharasma guide us!

Mysticism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Vee Vee clomps along with the rest, and remains standing in a corner of the office.

"That spider, it is... uh... oh, wait, I know what that is. On the tip of my tongue..."

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

Just looking, no touching

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

Glancing around after having told to wait OP-1 tries to remember of anything he's seeing has any significance he's aware of.

culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"..if I was more in touch with my feelings, I think this would be descirbed as "creepy"..." Op-1 thinks to itself.

Exo-Guardians

CG Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 4 | SP 6/32 HP: 32/32 RP 5/5| EAC: 17 / KAC 19 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs Spell, SLA)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Home-made Grenade: Summoning Grenade MkI| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

"Disturbing as s+&$? offers Da'at as he taps nervously upon the butt of his machine gun, slung as it is across his back. "Sounds about right."


Around five minutes later, Ceobarn Zeizerer arrives.

A wall panel at the back of the office slides open, and a middleaged drow walks in and settles into a red armchair behind the desk. He speaks slowly and deliberately as if tasting each word before speaking it. “I am Ceobarn Zeizerer.” He gives a nonchalant wave of his hand, and the demonic statue in the ceiling starts shedding a purple glow, illuminating the room. “I take it that your eyes haven’t adjusted to the light levels on Apostae. You are Naiaj’s Starfinders, correct? I heard about the shipment. A most unfortunate setback. Villyth has always been a troublemaker.”

After a brief silence, he spits, “But it is not our fault. House Zeizerer officially disowned her months ago. Why should I help you?”

guidance:

The party has a limited number of attempts they can make to determine just how helpful or not Ceobarn (and by extension - his House) will be. There is a fixed number of skill checks (Die rolls, assists don't count to the total) that can be made to impress or convince him, and the most appropriate skills are listed below, but if you can make a case for it, any skill could be valid.

Bluff, Intimidate, or Profession (counselor or lawyer)
Culture
Diplomacy
Mysticism
Perception
Profession (corporate professional, manager, or merchant)
Sense Motive

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

Kiv slowly looks the drow up and down. She actually looks toward the holographic projection before responding. "Oh, well if there is a female we should speak to, please point us in the right direction. As I am certain you can understand, time is of the essence and we need to deal with people who can make things happen."

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Photo in slide pack

His eyes narrow in a flash of anger for a moment, then a smile crosses his face "Perhaps you have a point. The attack made House Xicton look weak, and if Villyth goes unpunished, the matriarchs of House Xicton may seek retribution against House Zeizerer".

Culture check passed, but now no one else can use Culture to persuade him :)


N Female Vesk Vanguard 4 | SP 52/52 : HP 36/36 : RP 7/7 | EAC 21 : KAC 22 | Fort. +9 : Ref. +6 : Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +10 (low light) | Speed 20 ft. | May Pharasma guide us!

Vee Vee, still trying to remember the name of the demonic spider on the ceiling, that is now glowing, observes it carefully, and then checks out Ceobarn Zeizerer.
Trying to spot specific elements on the spider, that can help, Vee Vee will wait for a comrade to speak, and, when relevant, chip in: "Yes, by the Glistening Eyes, that can only help!"
Aid Another re. Perception check
Perception, aid another +2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

N Male Ysoki Operative 7 Init +9 | SP 31|56, HP 44|44, RP 9|9 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +11, Will +9, Evasion, +2vs spells|sla | Perception +15
Buffs:
Resources:
Reroll: Used

Atticus flips open his tablet. I have been going over your accounts, tax returns and corporate statements for the last six fiscal years. My analysis suggests that if word of this incident spreads beyond Apostate there is an 82% chance of your yearly profit falling nearly 6.5%. If you work with us and resolve the matter quietly those figures change substantially, reducing to only a 24% chance of a minor 1.2% reduction in yearly returns, rising to a 45% chance of an increase in yearly profit of 4.6% if we are able to recover the missing shipment.

Corporate analyst: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

I am sure that a man in your position cannot afford to ignore such opportunities

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


He seems to mull over the figures produced to him for a moment - "Those are interesting figures, I suppose they sound reasonable enough - in the circumstances"

"Yes well I wouldn't have anything to ignore if people conducted themselves as society and custom dictate" He offers a hollow smile; while he hides it quite well, Atticus can tell Ceobarn Ceobarn is clearly annoyed that Villyth acted without the house’s permission. Ceobarn notices that Atticus has noticed, but seems to warm to the sharp Ysoki.


Culture - Passed
Profession (corporate professional) -Passed
Sense Motive -Passed

Exo-Guardians

CG Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 4 | SP 6/32 HP: 32/32 RP 5/5| EAC: 17 / KAC 19 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs Spell, SLA)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Home-made Grenade: Summoning Grenade MkI| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

Da'at paces slowly about the room, drinking in the details. Hidden mikes... Wonder what else is hidden here. Or maybe he is hiding something.

Perception (Aid): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

He quickly notes a couple of salient points, and moves up to Kiv; tapping her on the shoulder as he sends her a direct message via commlink, outlining his findings.

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

Picking up on the hints that some of the others in the party are giving OP-1 focus his attention on the drow and the surroundings.

"..is that a bead of sweat on his brow...are those traces of a specific type of mud only found in a single location around here on his boots, is something hidden in one of those spider holograms..there must be something here..but what do they want me to spot.." OP-1 thinks to himself as he uses optical zoom to look closely are various options

Can I take 10 for the perception check for a 10+8 = 18, with 2 aid another's that's a 22? Or is this not a per round thing and can we all aid another Atticus who seems to have the highest bonus to perception? In which case I'd also try an aid another on perception for our best chance of success


Everyones eyes start looking for further 'tells' since Atticus exposed Ceobarns attempt at looking 'indifferent', and then Atticus notices that the search term “Villyth Zeizerer” is visible on Ceobarn’s computer screen, which indicates he is not as 'indifferent' about the rogue noble as he says.

He seems to be coming around quite well to the party, however there is still a chance for favour to be won...or lost!


Two rolls left:
Bluff, Intimidate, or Profession (counselor or lawyer)
Diplomacy
Mysticism


N Female Vesk Vanguard 4 | SP 52/52 : HP 36/36 : RP 7/7 | EAC 21 : KAC 22 | Fort. +9 : Ref. +6 : Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +10 (low light) | Speed 20 ft. | May Pharasma guide us!

Will try to give +2 to both missing rolls.
Vee Vee has +4 in Intimidate, Diplomacy, and Mysticism, so she has the same d20+4 for whichever of the three choices are made.
So I'll make two rolls, and they can apply to whatever is done in the end.
Not much RP since I don't know who will do what, sorry.

Vee Vee starts talking, mixing up a harsh tone and a conciliatory feeling, but mainly trying to discuss the spider ornament on the ceiling. She is not very convincing, even a bit off-putting.
Aid Another +2 #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
But then she seems to focus, and though there is still an implied threat, it is passed in a more diplomatic fashion, and she compares Drow beliefs with Vesk ones, finally asking: "And what does this Spider sculpture represent, if I may ask?"
Aid Another +2 #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

OP-1 looks looks and sounds like he totally knows what he's talking about even though he might or might not actually know what's going on

Aid another on bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Not trained in the other skills listed (except intimidate but I think that might be the same use as bluff), so I can't assist on those


"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +0; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 40 ft, fly 30 ft (Avg)| Evasion | Active conditions: None

Bluff, Assist: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

N Male Ysoki Operative 7 Init +9 | SP 31|56, HP 44|44, RP 9|9 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +11, Will +9, Evasion, +2vs spells|sla | Perception +15
Buffs:
Resources:
Reroll: Used

Atticus settles himself into the chair opposite Ceobarn and looks around at the decor. Nice decorations, I am sure your demon friends here would want you to work with us...

Mysticism: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Trying to cover for his gaffe...

Come, come my friend, let us not bandy words about, we both know that you are going to help us, you have to, your House needs you to. The Starfinder Society is a powerful ally and you dont want to risk jeopordising future contacts now do you. Co-operation is you best strategy

Bluff, two assists: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 29


He looks like he is about to give Atticus a bit of a stern lecture on taking Demon Lords in vain when the topic is rapidly changed back to the more mundane ramifications of what could be considered a 'botched' trade.

“Very well. It is true that Villyth’s actions are bad for business and she must be stopped. On behalf of House Zeizerer, I grant you twenty-four hours of diplomatic immunity. Use this time to retrieve the weapons using whatever means you deem necessary. Here’s a document that proves you’re acting on my authority. If the situation requires it, kill Villyth. But rest assured, if you abuse the power I bestow you, there will be consequences. The drow never forget"

"Here's the names of a few informants I know, that might help you sniff out some information. Here's one of my log-ins for the Infosphere on Apostae, might help you searching for data. Lastly, here's the keys to my all-terrain transport vehicle - don't scratch it, and I want it back clean and fully charged"

“I know Villyth well enough to know that she has guards and other defenses. The more you know, the less likely you are to walk into a trap. So use your twenty-four hours wisely. Remember that before the time is up, you must locate the weapons, plan your heist, travel to the location, get the weapons, and most importantly, get off my planet!”

With that, you are escorted from his office, and off to the mean streets of Apostae.


At this stage the options are to form a 'street team' - chasing up leads and gathering information (Diplomacy), or a 'Hacker team' cracking into the Infosphere and digging for intelligence. You may also split into two teams.

You are assumed to be working together when attempting a check for either approach; use the highest check result, and if another player used the same skill for that check, treat any other results of 10 or higher as though they had used aid another

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

N Male Ysoki Operative 7 Init +9 | SP 31|56, HP 44|44, RP 9|9 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +11, Will +9, Evasion, +2vs spells|sla | Perception +15
Buffs:
Resources:
Reroll: Used

Atticus is definately part of the hacking team, having minimal diplomatic skills. He is far more comfortable working with a datapad than with people.

Computers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Atticus has a hacking kit which I believe adds +4, does it apply?

Exo-Guardians

CG Male Kasatha Outlaw Soldier 4 | SP 6/32 HP: 32/32 RP 5/5| EAC: 17 / KAC 19 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs Spell, SLA)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Home-made Grenade: Summoning Grenade MkI| Active conditions: None Boons Slotted: Exo-Guardians Champion

Da'at, after having made sure that those people hacking away at the information they need are safe, goes along with the "diplomatic delegation" to get information from the locals.

Is there a chance to aid a diplomacy with an intimidate instead? Good cop/bad cop style? I only ask for flavor, I do not have any ranks in either. I am just a poor soldier.


@Atticus - The hacking tools will become relevant shortly :)
@Da'at - That seems reasonable as an 'aid' action given the environment/roleplay.


"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +0; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 40 ft, fly 30 ft (Avg)| Evasion | Active conditions: None

Iseph looks down at themself and says Obviously I will be in the hacking team. +10 to computers, although it we do need an extra body on the street team I also have +9 to diplomacy.


N Female Vesk Vanguard 4 | SP 52/52 : HP 36/36 : RP 7/7 | EAC 21 : KAC 22 | Fort. +9 : Ref. +6 : Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +10 (low light) | Speed 20 ft. | May Pharasma guide us!

Vee Vee looks at Ceobarn, and mutters: "The drow never forget.
Castrovellian elephants have good memories.
Drows are Castrovellian elephants."

Then, she salutes, and talks louder: "Thank you, sir! Vehicle will be returned detailed, sir. Oh... and what's the name of that spider, again?"

Exiting the office, she states: "I know my way around computers. Especially the ones that do all on their own. But I think of myself as warrior-philosopher, thus will help with the diplomats!"
She shakes her shield.

@Atticus normally hacking kits give no bonus (per the CRB) but are mandatory to attempt certain computer skills checks
@Iseph let's see, but so far it seems we might need you on the streets!
I have +4 Diplomacy is all

1 to 50 of 456 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Shifty] #1-06 A night in Nightarch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.