Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


551 to 600 of 3,286 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Lend a helping hand where needed.

No time to, ung, sing, unghh, while pushing.

push1: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8
push2: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6
push3: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12

-pretty feeble help-


Kiryl and Sanrael pull the wagon down the road while Curral tries to help out. It seems the life of a horse is no better than that of slave. The group makes it back to the winery gathering a few strange looks along the way.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

To party as they near the winery perhaps the owners of these wagons will inquire and follow the trail back to us....we should be extra vigilant


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Tired but satisfied, Kiryl considers Sanrael's words-Curral, why don't you inform Tasaerle that her task is completed and see if there is any reward for our labors. I'll go ask the Hellknights about the wagons and the toll takers and see what our responsibilities are. As unlikely as it is that anyone is desperate to recover wagons, the owners are likely dead in any case, we should fulfill our civic obligations. Anyone is welcome to come with me.

Kiryl then heads to the gates of Fort Inevitable and asks for the Watch Commander to explain what occurred and asks if the party has any duty to the law with regards to the recovered wagons.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin is shocked that wagons are that valuable! He does his best to make sure to clean up the wagon tracks and obfuscate the trail.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael will accompany Kiryl....


The group already knows that the area where the bandits were taking tolls was outside the territory controlled by the hell knights and thus outside their jurisdiction. No report concerning the wagons is needed or expected. You know a new wagon should bring about 35gp, but these have seen better days and are in pretty rough shape, you can get 26gp for one wagon and 28gp for the other.

Curral speaks with Taeserle and reports back that the group's reward is her thanks for a completed task as well as their continued room and board at the winery. She does reimburse you for one night's stay at the Inn, 4gp, as a legitimate business expense.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Hearing the news from Curral, ~quiet grumbling~Expenses? Should have gotten me my 14 crowns back for the 'toll' while you were at it....

Then when everyone is together-Good news friends; in addition to an experience most frolicsome, we also earned some crowns from the sale of our hard earned loot. Each share is 11 pieces of gold. Not as gallant a tale as one would hope for, but I'm sure Curral can improve it over a bottle or two to please the patrons of the vineyard. If Taeserle requires no further service of us, let us be back to the Spire tomorrow and continue our exploration and quest for freedom. Unless someone else has other plans?

For ease of bookkeeping, Kiryl takes 10 GP


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

i need to go into town for an errand...anyone want to accompany me?
Sanrael goes to lady Irillins to inquire about a pair of spiked gauntlets...and two daggers of quality....


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

And where can i buy a strong rope with a hook and a rockhammer...perhaps a rita hayworth poster?? Haha


Daggers are 2gp each, spiked gauntlets 5gp each. Add 300gp apiece for Masterwork quality.

Taeserle has no errands for the group but does ask that you try to spend no more than 3 nights a week away from the winery unless you let her know in advance.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

I will purchase two daggers and the spiked gauntlets


After a good night's sleep the next morning arrives, foggy and cool.

Everyone make a perception check on the way to the spire.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Three nights away....BAH! Now the girl thinks SHE owns us. Maybe she is the Paralictor's secret spawn...

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

paralictora secret spawn or a a gluttoninh for punishment and cant stand to not be tortured for more than 3 days by currals singing


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

She loves to hear me sing, it tickles her fancy. The sound of my voice, better than....necromancy

-man, I've got to work on that one-


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin lets Taeserle know they are going out on Hell Knight business, but that we should return within three days.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


The group is about 3/4 of the way to the spire when Kiryl and Sanrael see 4 zombies moving down the trail in the direction of Fort Inevitable. They do not seem to be aware of you. Party action.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin quietly moves in range and looses an arrow at the nearest zombie

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

SneakAttack: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (6) = 12


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael stands to the side out of the path of ranged weapons...
practice your target shooting!!


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl nudges Idril and says loud enough for the rest of the party to hear-Range them from here, then when they get in close blast as many as you can, then I'll charge.

He then waits for the zombies to approach and take a blast from Idril before charging in-FALAYNA!

GSPA: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 92d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Hahahaha! Goddess of futility, I sing your name!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

we are supposed to slay them Kiryl...not give them a clean shave...allow me to demonstrate
MW Greatsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 242d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 = 15


Idril bot

touch ranged disrupt undead: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Dam: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Curral?


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Short Bow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Kiryl may be cursed, has he ever hit in his first strike?

Pnin zips an arrow through a zombie. Curral does the same. The arrows pierce and pass right through the undead creatures doing much less damage than they would to the living. Idril blasts the same zombie with some sort of sorcery that finishes it off.

Kiryl just misses taking Sanrael’s head off with a wild swing of his great sword. Sanrael ducks at the last second and chops a zombie into two halves!

The remaining 2 zombies attack the 2 nearest members of the group.

On Kyril
slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Dam: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

On Sanrael
slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-5/20HP

Ungh!-Kyril grunts from the impact of the zombie's club like arm.

New sword and everything; maybe it's not the blade.... Falayna, you still out there somewhere?

Well done Sanrael. Like this?

GSPA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 242d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 = 15


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin moves to flank with Kiryl:

Dagger: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

SneakAttack: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (1) = 7


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Oops, looked again at Kyril's ginormous hit and am pretty sure I'm shanking the zombie's corpse . . . Wasted a good roll


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Curral will move to attack with Sanrael

Longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

much better
greatsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 82d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5) + 6 = 16


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

crap...youre rubbing off on me


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael humbly whiffs....


Idril bot

magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Kiryl chops a zombie in two this time as Sanrael’s sword whistles through the air slicing nothing, Pnin shoots the same zombie in the back.

Curral cuts into the other zombie with his longsword and Idril finishes it off with a well placed magic missile.

End of combat.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael cleans his blade...and marvels at how cleanly it cut through...when he was able to hit...clearly i need more practice......then tends to his wounded pride..


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael will search thru the zombie corpses...


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Is there a way to harvest entropic resin from the zombies? To party does anyone know how to harvest entropic resin?


The zombies don't have anything of value.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Onwards!!


The group makes its way to the Spire without further incident.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Curral....run to the entrance....start your singing...whatever comes and doesnt clutch its ears...drop to its knees...and die...we will kill....


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

I shall sing a song of wrath, so dire.

They'll all run up each other's arse, and expire.

Something like that?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perfect Curral...that will be more than adequate...


The party approaches the entrance and Curral sings a verse but nothing comes out of the Spire but the stench of rotting corpses.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael approaches the entrance....perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael whispers to party its erily quiet...almost as if a general store announced that all its provisions are 50% off normal prices...and hobgoblins and bugbears alike have flocked to its doors....nothing for my blade to bite...it thirsts...truly this is a black day


Sanrael spots a pair of hobgoblin corpses just inside the entrance to the Spire, the bodies look partially eaten.

551 to 600 of 3,286 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.