Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,151 to 3,200 of 3,494 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>

AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael is down 12hp and con is down to 13 which likely affects his hp making it likely hes down more than 12 hp so would be toast next encounter....i vote to leave and recover...i have to find a way to recover lost constitution...something tells me this doesnt go away with a nights rest...


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Something to consider-if we leave and recover, where are we headed and why go there instead of rest here? Sanrael, your vigor will return as the days pass by and I will heal you shortly. My vote is to camp and rest here and now, then return to searching. I feel my heart surging with hope that we might be close to finding my cousin; I don't want to lose the scent.

pulse healing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11

perception for rest or travel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

I agree with Kael about staying. But. if there is a desire to travel, I suggest we return to the Goldenfire Order. Sanrael, I understand your concerns about your health. But, as we've seen, we seem to be just as likely to be attacked outside of the spire . . .

Watch Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24


Curral and Pnin both believe that using the green portals again will likely repeat the same circuit you just finished. But magical forces are involved so it’s hard to be certain.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

If we've tried every conceivable door and passageway, our only other course would be to stake out the end of the blue portal and remove the stone from whoever uses it.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sounds like as good a plan as most Curral....i for one need to rest...i feel cold....i cant shake it.....and im weak...i feel thin...sort of stretched...like butter scraped over too much bread
with those words...Sanrael sinks down and drifts off to sleep


Need one more perception roll for watch while Bilbo-Sanrael sleeps off his ills.

I’m looking at you Curral.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

-oops, sorry-

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


During the night the watch standers notice the portal glow on occasion but no one comes through on it. When Sanrael awakens his sickness is gone and he also gets 1 point of Con back.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

I think Curral's thought is sound. Let's return to the cavern with the two portals, searching thoroughly on our way there for anything we missed, and wait a few days watching the blue portal to see if we can acquire a token.

Kael moves to stand on the green portal and await the rest of the group for transport.


Will assume everyone joins Kael.

The room seems to fade to black and a feeling of disorientation passes over each member of the party, then you find yourself standing on the same platform or an identical platform in a different location. The platform and token have ceased their glow. You are in a 20'x20' room constructed on dark stone, the air is cooler and damper than the area you just left. There are two doors, one to your left and one to your right.

As before there is a stone door to the left and a wooden door to the right.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

I wonder if the nature of the doors has any significance?-Kael thinks to himself


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

does green go one way....and blue the other...like green goes in...blue goes back out??


Kael remembers that the stone door was extremely hot when you were here before.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin takes a lap around the room in order to look at things, especially the door that was formerly hot.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35


The stone door is no longer burn inducing to the touch.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin opens the door

I am assuming the earlier roll was enough to check for traps, if not, Pnin will check for traps before opening


No traps, but it is locked.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin attempts to unlock the door.

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Oof


Fail.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Assuming a second attempt is possible . . .

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


Pnin successfully unlocks and opens the door to a cavernous room which is very hot! A 10’ wide walkway leads 60’ across a large pool of bubbling lava with another stone door on the far side.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Anyone else?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael thinks of sulfur and looks about before he enters...he doesnt want to become sickened....perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Everyone try to avoid falling in the lava.-Kael says seriously before advancing on the far door.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin looks to make sure it is safe to enter before walking in

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24


Kael notices the lava to the right of the path occasionally moves, perhaps as if some sort of creature is moving about under its surface.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Careful on the right; something stirs.

Kael detects evil on both sides of the lava before continuing to advance, blade at the ready position, angling further over to the left side of the path.

Onward to the door.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin follows


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

yep, yep


Kael detects evil in the area where the lava rippled, 20’ off the path. The group makes it to the door.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael is relieved he wasnt eaten...yet


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Work your magic with the door Pnin.-Kael says as he watches the lava pools for danger.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Everyone make a stealth check and Pnin make a disable device check as well.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin does his best to be both stealthy and lockpicky (?)

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

stealth: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (16) - 4 = 12


Pnin opens the door onto a small passage/cave. It’s about 15’ wide and 25’ long with a door at the far side. The lava behind the group begins to ripple with more agitation, something appears to be about to surface.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Everyone get inside; that lava is about to burst!

Kael waits till everyone is into the other room before following and closing the door.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin watches his steps for traps as he enters. He also takes a look around for enemies

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38


Everyone makes it into the room and Kael closes the door.

Pnin spots a trap in the middle of the room. He can try to disable or the party can avoid by moving along the far left side of the passage to the next door.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Using message: Be careful of the middle of the floor, there's a trap!

Pnin proceeds along the far left side, carefully.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael eyes the floor dubiously-Wouldn't it be safer for you to disable the trap Pnin? I hate for one of us to mis-step and be crushed by rocks or something even less desireable. Plus, if anything comes in here while we are circumnavigating the trap we will be constrained in our movements.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael waits to see if Pnin can disable the trap....
you never know when we might have to rush back this way Pnin….be nice to not worry


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

My thinking was that we might be able to use the trap to our advantage if we had to do battle. and that **I** could avoid being crushed by rocks or something less desirable . . .. But, if you insist . . .

Pnin carefully moves toward the center of the room and attempts to disarm the trap, grumbling and muttering about fire, rocks, spiders, . . . while darting his eyes around the room, especially the ceiling.

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


After a couple of minutes, Pnin figures things out and disables the trap, the roof remains intact and free of spiders.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

youre getting better at this Pnin

3,151 to 3,200 of 3,494 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.