Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,251 to 3,300 of 3,362 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-28HP

Kael struggles to rise, finally ending up on his knees, crouched over, hands pressed flat on the cold stone. A surge of nausea sweeps over him and he vomits out a viscous stream of dark black ichor. His lungs rattle and wheeze as he struggles to draw breath; tears of pain and anguish stream from his eyes.

I will be TEMPERATE in my actions.... Forgive me Goddess; I have always struggled with that part of the oath. Thank you for giving me this next chance to prove myself worthy of your love. Flaming shields my body aches....

Staggering to his feet, the armored man looks cautiously at Gorloth (is that fear in his eyes?) and the shadows lurking nearby before slowly moving to rejoin the party's ranks.

Nearly whispering with his eyes downcast and a countenance full of shame-I am sorry companions. I have failed you all. My rash actions have placed us in a precarious position indeed. Forgive me....

Any who looks can see that where once a finely crafted headband sat on Kael's brow, now there is a nasty series of red/black scars in the image of small skull-decorated flies circling his head. If you look long enough they seem almost shift in smokey/shadowy pattern.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael steps back a few feet....skepticism fills his mind....not quite coming to terms with what he sees...or who he sees...


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

what has happened to you Kael Cullen.......what have you become


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Sanrael Bloodthorn wrote:
what has happened to you Kael Cullen.......what have you become

-28HP

@Sanrael quietly-I.....I don't know....

Kael prays silently to himself-Please goddess, let this work...

LOH1/5: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15
LOH2/5: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13

Thank you!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sit and rest Kael....we will figure this out together.....what transpired while we were gone.....??


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Sanrael Bloodthorn wrote:
sit and rest Kael....we will figure this out together.....what transpired while we were gone.....??

Kael stares blankly back at Sanrael


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Well I, for one, am glad to have you back Kael. Gorloth, how did you prevent his turning into a shade? Meh, doesn't matter.
Pnin, go ahead and take that ring. You've earned it with all your trap finding daring-doo.


Gorloth: “Any questions for me before you are about your business?”


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin is very cautious. He waits a beat before following Curral's suggestion.

He approaches the table with care, and takes the ring.

After he dons the ring.

Gorloth, I'd like to second Curral and Sanrael's questions. Would you mind telling us what happened after we fled?


“That’s not really what I meant. But it’s obvious isn’t it? I called back the shadows and then healed Kael.”


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

gorloth...we are in a weakened position....one of our party has succumbed and now is stone....your powers are mighty...theres no questioning that...but what makes you think we can overcome this foe...please be forthright...why us??


Gorloth looks at Sanrael, locking eyes with him for a good 15 seconds or so before offering a response.

“It’s a family matter, Klarkosh is my brother, it would be unseemly for me to have a direct hand in his demise. If the four of you work together you should be able to handle him.”


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin is ready to move on.

Are there any unopened doors in this room?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

fair enough.....a family matter it is...what that is, is between the two of you...perhaps we can handle him...so our success is tied up in yours...what can you share with us that would ensure our success...thereby yours? and whats to guarantee we dont meet our demise at your hands supposing we are succesful


“Down to business then. My brother is a wizard, he usually surrounds himself with a few sword carrying men. More recently I believe he has made some sort of pact with a bearded devil. That’s about all I can tell you, he and I are really not close.”


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

oh just a bearded devil...is that all......our party is down one as it is....


“‘Tis but a minor devil.”


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

well if its merely a minor one...then were all in Mighty Gorloth....any other bits of advice before we wander off?

Sanrael holds his hand out for the blue token....bowing his head slightly the token if you will


Gorloth hands the token to Sanrael.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Well Gorloth, I thank you for the life of our friend Kael. Curral flourishes a low bow. We shall endeavor truly to finish this task you have put before us. On to the blue token platform, gents!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

here Curral...take this token and let us take stock of ourselves...do we require rest and healing...by my best account im still weakened...


The group makes it to the blue platform.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Quietly to Sanrael earlier-Your strength will return over time, but this will help as well.

Restores-scroll of lesser restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 3

At the platform-Kael walks on to the platform and waits for the rest of the group.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin is on the platform too.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael follows


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Token it up baby!


After a brief period of disorientation the party reappears in a small room (15’x15’) with a single door.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin takes a look around:

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22

Uh oh


Pnin wrote:

Pnin takes a look around:

[dice=Perception+Traps]1d20+21

Uh oh

DM does his best evil laugh


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael looks about....
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael heads towards the door to take a defensive position in case anything springs through it.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Sanrael has a bad feeling about the door.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael voices his concern with the door....
ummmmm....Pnin....wait....before you open that door...i cant explain why....but i sense danger....a sense of doom.....


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin shrugs I'd check for traps, but I wouldn't know where to look. The door seems perfectly innocuous to me.

Let me know if Sanrael's warning allows Pnin to look more closely at the door.


You can attempt to disarm what may be a trap based on Sanrael’s warning though you will get a DM minus to your attempt.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Then, more carefree than usual, Pnin goes poking around the door.

Guess, I'll take a look . . .

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


Pnin tries to figure out the door but comes up empty, however no traps are set off as far as you can tell. You can try to disable again if you want.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin scratches his head. Sanrael, are you sure this door is trapped? It feels like this is wasting time.

Pnin shrugs and continues his tinkering.

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


Pnin finds and disables a magical alarm.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

good job Pnin..i wasnt sure what it was but i had a bad feeling...call it elf sense...or nonsense....


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin explains to the party that it was a magical alarm (assuming he did identify it as such despite his poor perception).

He tries to open the door stealthily.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Pnin opens the door revealing a cavern with a dark creek running through it. A narrow and rickety looking wooden bridge spans the creek which sits about 20’ below the bridge.

On the far side of the bridge it looks as if the cavern has two passages leading further on, one to the left and one to the right.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin takes a careful look around, up to the bridge.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31


Pnin locates no traps and doesn’t observe anything threatening.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks dubiously at the bridge; with dread in his voice-Probably best everyone else cross first, one-at-a-time. I'd reccomend Pnin, Sanrael, Curral, then me. Not sure how well it will hold up to a set of full plate trying to make its way across.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

How wide is the creek?


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin slowly walks across the bridge. Gingerly putting his weight on each plank.

Perception for structural problems or traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael tries to gauge the distance of the creek....and watches Pnin....


Pnin spots a section of the bridge that is especially rickety and likely to fail with any substantial weight, but it is easy enough to avoid and he makes it across.

The creek is about 15’ across, the water is too dark and murky to determine its depth. Its rate of flow is slow.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

How wide is the section? Pnin wants to mark it with chalk so the others can avoid it. Does he think someone in full plate would be able to avoid the section?

3,251 to 3,300 of 3,362 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.