Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,260 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

M init: 1d20 ⇒ 9
P init: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Pnin startles the armored men as he flips through the door, the party gains the initiative. Two men are to the right and one is to the left of the door.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin delays until he can flank with Kael.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 92d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 5) + 13 = 20 Sanrael rushes at the two men....and swings to keep them at bay


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael does his best to help Pnin flank the single foe while Sanrael holds off the rest.

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 162d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 13 + 1 = 20


Curral?


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Alright, going for the single guy:

Shortbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

SneakAttack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (2, 2) = 13


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Continue to Inspire Courage +1 hit/dam

To us the joy, to you the woe. Such is yours for being our foe!

Attack with Sanrael

Longsword: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10


Mesmerized by Pnin’s tumbling, the group can’t manage to damage any of the armored foes, as their banded mail turns aside all weapons.

On Kael:
GS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 3) + 10 = 18

On Curral:
GS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 4) + 10 = 17

On Sanrael:
GS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 3) + 10 = 19


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-18HP

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 142d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 13 + 1 = 21

Kael grunts in pain from his wound and his return swing is thrown off significantly.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Ah, in case the solo guy's AC is 14, i forgot to add the +1 to hit . . . Here's hoping


Still a miss, take your action for this round.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Im still sickened but it was never stated exactly what was affected.....


Sickened

The character takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-19/46 hp
oh thats all??? pfffft i thought it was something bad
ok...
GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 142d6 + 13 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 13 + 1 - 2 = 23


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Inspire Courage Come on down and join the rumble, just be wary of Pnin's deadly tumble!

Attack! Longsword: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10

-I'm so feeble-


Pnin?


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin fires!

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 24

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + (5, 3) = 15

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 10


Pnin shoots Kael’s foe in the back wounding him but the rest of the group continues to struggle. The man curses, “F@%$ing cat! Yer next!”

On Kael
GS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 1) + 10 = 14

On Curral
GS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 2) + 10 = 16

On Sanrael
GS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6) + 10 = 21


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin continues his assault:

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 9

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 14

-Pnin is sometimes feeble too-


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Curral on 1: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Continue to Inspire Courage Come on now, I will not lie...I'd much prefer it if you pigs Die!

Longsword: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
confirm crit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
reg damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

3 images

-16/36 hp


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

feeling sickened, Sanrael struggle to stay in the fight and wonders if it would be best if he backs away from the fight...then hears one of their foes call Pnin a bad name.... no one calls Pnin a cat and gets away with that!!! Sanrael finds renewed strength and counters his foes strike GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 212d6 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 13 - 2 = 16


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

TPK-armored men!

-18HP

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 192d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 13 + 1 = 23


Pnin slips as he shoots and his arrow hits Kael!

dam: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The rest of the party has better luck as they all strike the enemy, Kael finishing off the man wounded by Pnin.

On Curral
GS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 4) + 10 = 20

On Sanrael
GS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 6) + 10 = 20


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-26HP

Bad luck strikes again, at least I saw it coming; time to finish this.

Kael pivots and cuts at the warrior fighting Sanrael:

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 162d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 13 + 1 = 18


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Curral on 1: 1d4 ⇒ 3
image dispelled

Inspire Courage Strike down the villains, Gain you reknown. Aim for the heart and bring your foe down!

Longsword: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

2 images

-16/36 hp


Curral wrote:

[dice=Curral on 1]1d4

image dispelled

Inspire Courage Strike down the villains, Gain you reknown. Aim for the heart and bring your foe down!

[dice=Longsword]1d20 + 7 + 1
[dice=damage]1d8 + 3 + 1

2 images

-16/36 hp

Think he missed Curral, 20 v 21AC


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

To our fallen opponent: Who's the f#@%ing cat now?

To Kael: Sorry

Then Pnin shoots at Sanrael's foe

RapidShot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 17

Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

RapidShot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 21

Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-39/46 hp
Sanrael groans in his weakened state...flinching from the opponents strike...blood pools at his feet from the blade of his enemy. he swings upwards at his foe GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 212d6 + 13 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 13 + 1 - 2 = 18


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Pnin wrote:

To our fallen opponent: Who's the f~%~ing cat now?

To Kael: Sorry

Then Pnin shoots at Sanrael's foe

[dice=RapidShot]1d20+9-2+1

[dice=Damage]1d6+5+1

[dice=RapidShot]1d20+9-2+1

[dice=Damage]1d6+5+1

Sneak attack damage for both attacks?


Sanrael cuts down his foe with a little help from Pnin.

Curral’s enemy tries to figure out which is the real Curral bit just flails about.

GS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3
Kael wrote:
Sneak attack damage for both attacks?

I imagined Pnin was not already flanking with Sanrael. If Pnin moved to flank, he would not be able to Rapid Shot. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding something.

Pnin moves in to flank with Curral and fires his bow.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17

SneakAttack: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + (1, 4) = 17


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Inspire Courage One more to go, he's starting to flail. Let's put a sword through that nice mail

Attack! Longsword: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12

2 images

-16/36 hp


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-26HP

Let Curral's words ring true...

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 304d6 + 26 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 3) + 26 + 1 = 42

Maybe he should use that chant all the time..


That last man goes down as Kael drives his blade through his chest and out his back!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael falls back against the wall and slides down to a sitting position....weakened....and feeling colder....but manages to look around for further danger....
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-26HP

Fear not my companions; Iomedae provides.

pulse healing: 6d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5, 6, 2, 5, 4) + 6 = 33

Kael proceeds to examine the valuables of the fallen, suggesting maybe some magical detection is in order.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin joins in Kael's examination and then inspects the room at large:

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37


The cavern is about 50’x80’, the outer areas have sulfur smoke vents and even open pits of bubbling volcanic mud. The center of the cavern contains a man made stone platform raised about a foot off the cavern floor, there are two small circle areas, one green and one blue, within the raised area that look like they may be token portals.

After a thorough search of the cavern Pnin discovers a small locked chest near a sulfur vent by the wall. No traps but it is locked.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Portals should be orange and blue

Pnin will try to open the chest

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Nothing of use/value on the fallen foe?


Two sets of banded mail are salvageable and all three greatswords are high quality steel (MW). There are also 2 shortbows and 3 daggers. They’ve got 150 gold pieces total.

Pnin unlocks the chest. It contains a large book, a wand, and a gold ring that Kael recognizes as a gift that his Uncle gave to Jharun.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Can Pnin read the book? Or is it a spellbook?

Pnin solemnly stands back and lets Kael inspect the chest.


Pnin believes it is a spell book based on the strange writing within the book.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks at the golden ring with some sense of bewilderment-I'm not sure what to make of the finding of Jharun's ring. He would not willingly part from it, but it is here and his body is not, so I suppose that gives me hope that he is still alive somewhere in these foul ruins.

What can you make of these things Curral? Are any of the three magical and if so, can you use them?

Looking around the cavern-Now where did that fourth foe run to? Best we be wary moving forward as he may try to cause more mischief. Lets make use of the transfer portals and see where they lead.

Kael then walks towards the transfer portals.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin waits for Curral's magical analysis before heading to the portals with Kael.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Cast Detect Magic on the items.


The book is magical: wizard’s spellbook.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

The wand is just a stick?


Aarrghhh! The wand detects as magical. Need a spellcraft or know arcana roll for more.

The party believes there are two portals, one green, one blue. Describe any actions taken to try to activate.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

I think it's a coffee stirrer

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,260 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.