Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,219 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Lets use bodies on portals to see what happens


The wand remains a mystery.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

know arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

on portals


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

on portals

spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

To Sanrael: While I like your idea somewhat, I'm not sure how we would determine the body's destination?

Pnin inspects the portals to see if they are trapped.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Last time we just presented the token and we were transported to a new place. To my knowledge, we have not discovered a blue one, just the green. Let's stand on the circle and present the token to see what happens.

Kael stands in the circle expectantly.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

To be clear: which color is Kael standing on? Are you saying we should try the green one because we haven't before? Or the blue one because that is the token we have?

Pnin is with Kael either way, just want to understand.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Standing on the green one for which we have a token


Curral believes these portals will work as you’ve previously experienced, you probably need a blue token for the blue portal.

When Kael stands on green portal and presents the token, it begins to glow with a green light. A few seconds later the green platform also begins to glow dimly.

The room seems to fade to black and a feeling of disorientation passes over each member of the party, then you find yourself standing back on the original platform within the spire.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

I half expected this . . . what does everyone want to do?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

well....we need to find a blue token.....that much is obvious....which likely the other one that disappeared from room used...what happens if we go back on the portal

Is Sanrael still sickened?


Yes, Sanrael is still sick.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Well, you still seem sick Sanrael. On one hand I think we should go and allow you to heal. But I worry that if we leave this place will change yet again and our progress will be hindered. Does anyone else have thoughts?


Perception checks everyone.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael looks up from his sitting position....I would be ok resting here for a period till my strength returns....perhaps we can look about more

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

And here I thought gate duty was tough...

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Within the poor light of the Spire, Curral spots a smoky grey figure with pinpoint red eyes coming towards the group. It is exceedingly difficult to spot and blends into the background as you can see right through it.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

What to do what to do . . .

Pnin readies for battle. Does the figure resemble the demon/devil we fought earlier?

To identify the creature? Know Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Message everyone Hey, mister smoky approaching from the (fill in direction here).


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael stands.....and calls out loudly approach no closer....what do you want


Pnin:
its undead, a wraith, only partially in this world, it’s touch will drain your life (con), but it fears sunlight.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin messages everyone: Careful, it's a wraith. Don't let it touch you!

Pnin is very worried about what he could do against such a foe.

We are not near the entrance right?


You are about 60’ from entry, the wraith is about the same, to the group’s right.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Is there light coming through the entryway? Do we have a sense if it is day outside.

Message: Does anyone have a way of conjuring light? I seem to recall wraiths being susceptible to that.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

It's daylight, not just light. I hope we don't need magic weapons to hit it.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Thinking: Ah yes . . . that's what I was worried about . . .


The wraith isn’t gonna wait forever, party actions?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael calls out loudly halt....come no closer...we will speak before blood is shed...you may claim one of us if you wish...but it will be for naught...as you will perish...


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael feels a little nausea from the intense evil the wraith broadcasts.
He strides confidently towards the evil spirit-Come foul thing, let me help you find your path to Pharasma's judgement. No more will you trouble the lands of the living!

~smite evil~ AC 25; bypass DR; +1 great sword

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 3 = 252d6 + 13 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 6) + 13 + 8 + 3 = 31


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Attack! Longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Upon seeing Kael attack, Pnin leaps into action:

Shortbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Critical! SneakAttack: 3d6 + 15 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 3) + 15 + (4, 5) = 35


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 2 = 212d6 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 13 - 2 = 17


I’m tracking that Kael, Sanrael and Pnin all have +1 magic weapons.

Kael, Sanrael and Pnin all strike the wraith but due to it’s incorporeal form the attacks only do about half the harm as they would against a creature fully present on this plane.

who CKS: 1d3 ⇒ 3

The creature’s icy hands pass right through Sanrael’s armor grasping for the warmth of his beating heart!

Touch attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Dam: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Con Dam: 1d6 ⇒ 5 DC17 Fort save negates Con damage

Party action.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Continue to attack!

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Ah, no magic weapons

Curral stays in for the attack, if only to draw an attack away from those with magic weapons.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 122d6 + 13 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 13 + 1 - 2 = 18


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

You forgot your save Sanrael.

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 3 = 272d6 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 13 + 3 = 25

Use some spells if you have them Curral!


Sanrael needs to make a Fort save.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

a 16 is a hit?? ok....FORT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

#&%$


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Responding to Kael's urgings, Curral will cast Heroism on Kael.


AC-22; HP 42 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Curral wrote:
Responding to Kael's urgings, Curral will cast Heroism on Kael.

Disappointed no lyrics by Curral:

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and I turn
And I dream of what I need
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life!
Larger than life
Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me
Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

‍♂️


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Excellent! I have now imagined Curral singing that song.
Sanrael, I imagine it was a hit due to Touch AC. GG
TPK Wraith!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

ughhhhh...figured as much.....thems the breaks


Kael’s strike finishes the creature off.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Alright, what's next? That encounter makes me think leaving might be a good idea. If we stay, do we start our search here? Or should we re-use the portal and start from our end.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

know engineering: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

know dungeoneering: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin will think about the spire too:

KnowDungeon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,219 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.