Eberron - Echoes of the Past

Game Master Dennis Harry

Whitehearth

The Rose Quarry

Link to Final Post in Original Thread.

The Excavation Site

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.

Perception:

Viorr [dice]1d20+1[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative:

Viorr [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]


51 to 100 of 1,220 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

The Goblin scowls at Kana, "I knows Nym! Him two faced scoundrel, you friends with Nym!?" The Goblin looks displeased. Those folks around him watch the interaction with no expression upon their faces they simply the shop the wares on the blankets.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

I wonder if she came on too strong...

Noting the distinct dearth of teammates stepping up, Frank tries to mollify the goblin.
Bluff(we owe Nym money): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 I'll just roll in alphabetical order...
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 lol @ only 1 higher...
"'Friend' is such a strong word. He lent us, not just Kana, some money. We finally saved up enough to pay him back, but we're having trouble ensuring the money gets to him. Would you be willing and able to help?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Zabeth pats Frank's shoulder and steps up with a warm smile.
"Come now... no such tricks are necessary. It is clear there is no love here for Nym." She bows her head slightly to the goblin "Yes, we are looking for Nym, but Nym is no friend of ours. I have a couple gold for you if you could tell us where to find him."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

The Goblin eyes Frank suspiciously but brightens once Zabeth mentions gold, "Let me see gold. I test, it good we deal? Yes?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Round 1

Viorr rushes into position against the westernmost cultist.

Jiri steps to the doorway and fire at the cultist on the far east end of the pit, Light X-bow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 - Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1., but the bolt flies harmlessly overhead.

Meanwhile Taryn and Electric Eye rushes in to attack the nearest cultist and bring him down in tandem.

The two cultists nearest to Viorr draw daggers and attack. One misses wildly while the second draws some blood down the left elbow of the elf. 2 damage.

tDB:
Cultist Dagger Attack #1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 -
Cultist Dagger Attack #2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 - Daggare Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
High Cultist Searing Light Attack vs Taryn 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 2d8 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

The cultist nearest Dharrak pushes the bound half-orc into the pit! "Aid us to defeat these interlopers my Lord!" he screams in ecstasy as the half-orcs' scream can be heard quickly fading away...

The last cultist opens the door behind where he is located and steps in.

"How dare you violate this sacred space!" screams out the cultists with the robes denoting him the leader. He begins casting a spell, a dark light emanating from his hands and striking Taryn directly in the chest.

Round 1 -
Dev & Carduus (DMPC)
The Queen with Burning Eyes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Zabeth pulls two gold from her purse and places them in the goblins hand.
"There we are. By all means.. test it if you like."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Dev makes his way into the room, brimming with hurried energy. The pressure he spent that last ten minutes building begging already to be released. Hustling up to the edge of the pit, he took aim at the spell-caster opposite himself, clearly the leader, and let forth a great scream as he felt out for the Cultist's mind, trusting his instincts...

Expending Psi Focus to Surge...
Chaotic Surge: 1d4 ⇒ 1womp womp; the power fails

Checking for Enervation
Enervated on a 1: 1d2 ⇒ 1

...but feeling the power slipping, Dev instead allowed its wild energy to dissipate painfully back into his own body, and locking eyes with the Cultist, he tried to share the feeling...

DC 15 Will Save or the baddie is Dazed until the start of their next turn. I'm immune to the dazing effect.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank watches Zabeth offer the coins intently as he suppresses a mournful look.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

tDB ONLY:
Will Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22.
Taryn Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23.
Carduus Will Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.

The Cultist is able to resist Dev's powers.

Carduus heads into the room and casts a spell upon himself. Sanctuary

"Crap, they threw the half-orc right into that pit!"

The Queen shifts towards Taryn and Carduus and releases from here eyes a kaleidoscope of colors!

Taryn and Carduus are bathed in the light while Taryn managed to shrug the effect off, Carduus is frozen in place despite whatever spell he did cast!

Round 2
Viorr, Electric Eye, Taryn, Jirrik (DMPCs) - GO!
Cultists
Carduus (Stunned) and Dev
The Queen.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

The Goblin bites the coins and grins, Zabeth's coins have passed the test.

"Him was involved in stealing from everyone's down here. Criminal above. Criminal below. He last seen near place where someone's saids to be digging new tunnels".

The Goblins gives directions to the location.

It takes nearly another hour to arrive after a few twists and turns down in the COGS and the avoidance of a full blown fight between two groups of combatants!

Off one of the side tunnels down a long, spiraling ramp only occasionally lit by torches is a narrow tunnel. It is dark and quite frankly nerve wracking.

You can see by the damage to the makeshift stonework that someone recently smashed, that the entrance was likely difficult to see if you did not know where to look. Already you have traveled thirty minutes into the belly of the COGS and the heat and soot have made you all hot and tired.

That entrance leads to a narrow claustrophobic tunnel. After another fifteen minutes in pitch black but for the light sources you have with you, the tunnel leads to a carved out space 30' long and 10' wide that ends in what is clearly a newly constructed door, which is unlocked and slightly ajar.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

After the group finds its way around the fight, Frank decides it would be better to have his eidolon around; she has always been good at spotting trouble.
It only takes a minute before they're on their way again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

As they arrive at the carved out space with the suspiciously new door, the 3' tall Broulnindre offers to go first.
"Hy vant to go forst"


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

the ceremony:

Viorr lashes out at each of the cultists beside him.
west: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
south: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Really? sigh


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

BIg E charges towards the nearest enemy he can see, trying to help Viorr who seems surrounded.

"Combat mode launcheeeeeeeeed!"

Charge, Greatsword, Power Attack, Furious Focus: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 + 3 = 13


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

Frank shushes Broulnindre as she gets started "Hy alveys so-tell. Hyu shoosh."
Translation: I'm always subtle. You shush

Perception(looking for traps before sneaking over): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Assuming she doesn't see anything obviously dangerous:
Stealth(move 15' to middle): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Stealth(move 15' to door): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Perception(peaking through the door): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Viorr's strikes miss but he is able tokeep the second cultist off balance enough to rant Electric Eye a flank, and a devastating strike it is as the Warforged cleaves the cultist in twain!

Taryn is torn but after seeing Dharakk thrown into a it that leads who knows where, he elects to charge at his cousin to pull him away from the pit's edge.

Jiri mutters about unreliable elves and shifts his position to be in front of the now vulnerable Carduus, he lobs a bomb at the "Queen"!

Bombs away - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

unfortunately, it slips for his hand and lands harmlessly in the pit...

The Cultists strike back. Viorr's opponent cannot pierce the elven armor with his dagger. The cultist that pushed Dharakk into the pit draws a dagger and charges Jiri, stabbing him in the throat with the dagger, the dwarf cries out in anger.

The cleric summons a weapon out f thin air but it misses the retreating Taryn.

The cultist who entered the eastern door has yet to return.

tDB ONLY:
Cultist #1 vs. Viorr 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Miss!
Cultist #2 Charge vs. Jiri 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20 - Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Cultist #3 Retrieve Minor Circlet of Blasting to use next round.
the High Priest Cast Spiritual Weapon vs Taryn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Miss!

Round 2
Dev - GO!
The Queen.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

Broulnindre enters the slightly ajar door finding no traps taht would injure her as she does so.

Ornamentation is carved into the stone walls of this rather large room.

Broulnindre ONLY Knowledge Engineering DC 20:
The architectural style is characteristic of the human city of Dorasharn, built atop the ruins of an even older goblin city named Ja’shaarat. This city was itself destroyed in the War of the Mark, 1,500 years ago.

The floor is littered with dust and rubble, but there might once have been tracings carved there as well. The room is lit by a few torches as a few seem to have recently burned out and are leaving wisps of smoke post usage.

There are no obvious doors within this room, it appears that at one time a passageway led east but it is so choked with rubble it is nigh impenetrable. In the southeast corner of the room stands a statue of a human male though who it is supposed to depict you are unsure.

More interesting to the west littered within lighter rubble are four Goblins corpses! The bodies have been stripped of anything of value. The Goblins also had food that most other races would find inedible along with cooking utensils. The Goblins certainly put up a fight and even fired off a few arrows which are scattered near the area where you first entered.

Behind the fallen Goblins is an open grate that was likely hidden, a rusty set of metal rungs heads down into pitch black darkness...

Darkvision:
Reveals that the "ground" at the bottom is about 30' down.

Broulnindre is now on the map! See the top left.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

Does anyone else entering the room get to roll vs that DC20? 'cause Broulnindre doesn't even have the 1 rank required to try, much less the non-negative bonus required to succeed xD

Broulnindre, not noticing anything life-threatening, returns to the door to beckon to the others.
Assuming that the Knowledge(Engineering) check isn't to keep someone from getting hurt...
When Frank enters the room she shows him the hole. "Iz not zo deep."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank nods at the hole before sticking his glowing club back into his belt. He pulls a foot of rope out of his sleeve and cuts it off with his dagger.

"Light" he says as the piece of rope starts glowing and the club returns to normal.

Frank waits for everyone else to enter the room before dropping it down the hole.

Anyone wanna do anything besides sneak down the hole? B can go first again xD


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Zabeth enters and gives the room a cursory scan, before joining Frank at the edge of the hole. She peers down, then moves over by the goblin corpses.
"Hmm... Recent battle?" As she squats down, her pot-bellied blue bird flits from her shoulder and lands on the head of one of the fallen goblins... and lightly pecks a couple times at its temple.

heal check to determine how long they've been dead: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

"Nothing much on them either," Aerin said looking over the goblin bodies. "Dead goblins with no valuables is practically a calling card of adventurers, right? I've left behind plenty of bodies like this. You think there's another group like ours operating around here?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Finding peace in the chaos, Dev smiles a sly smile and focuses his mind, preparing to use the last of his energy on his next shot.

Full round to regain psi focus.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank drops the glowing piece of rope down the hole. He speaks while watching the hole.
"Could be the guys that Mickey told us about came through here. Hard to say. It's not like the goblins will tell us."

'iz not zo deep' indeed...

"Hey B, ladies first." he jerks his head towards the hole as he speaks.

using 1 round of Bond Senses when Broulnindre reaches the bottom, so Frank can see too xD


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

Broulnindre approaches the hole with a smile that seems a bit too wide for her face.

assuming that no one shows up below the ladder quickly:

The three foot tall scaly creature descends the 30' ladder unbelievably quickly and then looks around the area below.
Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
move: climb 30' down
standard->move: perception check


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Dev regains his focus and the Queen strikes once more! She charges at and grapples Jiri and tries biting him in the face and neck but he manages to shift back just enough for her to miss.

tDB ONLY:
Grapple 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 - Bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 - Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 = 13

Round 3
Viorr, Electric Eye, Taryn, Jirrik (Grapled) (DMPCs) - GO!
Cultists
Carduus and Dev
The Queen.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

Yes, anyone entering would get that Engineering roll.

Zabeth believes they have been dead for perhaps two hours, rigor mortis has only begun to set in.

As Broulnindre reaches the bottom she discovers that the way is cleared by someone with at least rudimentary knowledge of mining and excavating. The walls are carved smooth as are the floors though some debris from the job does remain behind to get underfoot. Every 10' the ceiling are reinforced by sturdy wooden planks of darkwood with criss cross formations above to further strengthen any problem areas in the ceiling.

The tunnels ahead meander a bit.

Proceed or let the rest of the group head down? The tunnels will not be represented on the map which I will update momentarily with the rest of the PC icons.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

the ceremony:

Viorr slinks to the side of the cultist with whom he is engaged and strikes twice.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

"They were killed fairly recently. The list is long of those who care little for goblins as well as overpower them. This tells us little regarding what may lie ahead." With a nod in response to Frank... "Could be."

Zabeth stows her clanky gaudy jewelry, and arranges her silks to raise her hem away from the filthy floor. She tucks her cane under the flap of her backpack in preparation for the descent.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

I think we'll want to head down before something bad shows up xD

Frank seems to space out for a few moments after Broulnindre reaches the bottom of the hole.
Suddenly he snaps to attention. "Looks clear. Let's hope whatever killed those goblins is either gone or doesn't want to pick a fight with us."
Frank adjusts the heavy crossbow on his back to make sure it won't catch on the way down. "I know I said ladies first, but that was kind of a joke between me and B."
Almost as enthusiastic as Broulnindre to forge the way forward, Frank salutes the women that haven't yet descended before hurrying down after his eidolon.

Climb (vs DC0+5? (climbing @ half speed)): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Climb (vs DC0+5? (climbing @ half speed)): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Frank climbs down the ladder next, skipping every other rung to go faster. After landing, he picks up the now dirty one pound piece of glowing rope while Broulnindre simply stands watch, fidgeting as patiently as she can.


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Once again, Big E moves to slay the cultist who menaces his companion, this time trying to aim for the chest, which seems bigger than his head. It starts to be a common feature in humans.

Greatsword, Power Attack, Furious Focus: 1d20 + 6 - 0 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 0 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 + 3 = 14


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

This place is interesting, is it a cave system? Kana asks as she descends. She then looks at Frank.
You're joking right? First you send her ahead and now that's it's clear there's no danger, you take the lead? What is she anyway, your slave? I guess in a group large as ours right now, we should be able to deal with 2 goblines, don't you think?

She takes out a wicked looking and long chain, wrapping it around her left arm.
Probably better to be on the lookout though.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

In tandem, elf and warforged eviscerate the cultist standing before them.

Taryn bellows and charges at the Queen who holds Jiri in her clutches.

Attack 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12 - Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 = 11

But the Barbarian misses as the Queen is quicker than she appears even holding one of your allies!

Jiri attempts to slip free Escape Artist 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 but he cannot, "Hit the damned thing!" he gasps.

The cultist who stepped into the room exits with a circlet upon his head, a searing blast launches at Taryn! Luckily it misses overhead.

The spirit weapon likewise follows and strikes at the dangerous half-elf, this time hitting him in the shoulder. Taryn 6 damage.

The cleric casts a spell which summons further shielding upon his person and he turns to regard Viorr and Electric Eye.

The cultist who struck at Jiri just before the Queen snatched him up now stabs Carduus. His strike misses in the folds of Carduus' robes.

tDB ONLY:
Cultist # 2 vs. Carduus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Cultist # 3 vs. Taryn 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 - Searing Light 3d8 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) = 11
High Priest Cast Shield of Faith - Spirit Weapon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 - Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Round 3
Dev Carduus - DMPC - GO!
The Queen.


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)
Kana Cherryblossom wrote:
..."You're joking right? First you send her ahead and now that's it's clear there's no danger, you take the lead? What is she anyway, your slave?"...

Broulnindre chuckles and turns to answer "Hy em hiz-"

She hesitates after catching a disapproving look from Frank. She turns to him. "Vas gon' say partner. Ve partners, yas?"

Frank lets out a sigh before nodding yes and relaxing a bit.

Kana Cherryblossom wrote:

She takes out a wicked looking and long chain, wrapping it around her left arm.

"Probably better to be on the lookout, though."

"Und ve don' need to look out."

"Hy'm de shneaky vun."


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Zabeth follows Kana with her blue thrush fluttering around as she descends.
At the bottom, she mutters a phrase - enchanting a silver coin to emit light, then draws her cane from her pack.


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon nervously recheck her gear to make sure everything is in place and than follows the other's cautionary.


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

'Can't aim a shot without hitting Jirri...' Dev thought angrily as he glanced at the Queen with regret, unwilling to waste the last of his power on another errant energy ray.

Instead he pulled his spear close, hurried forward, and stabbed at the cultist engaged with Carduus. "Take a breather if you need one, Rags!" he calls to Carduss, while keeping an eye on the Queen from the corner of his eye...

Shortspear Stab, melee: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d6 ⇒ 5


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Dev's stab practically misses even air, Carduus steps back and releases positive energy which washes over his allies but not his foes. Channel Positive 1d6 ⇒ 4 - All benefit from this Channel.

The Queen stares at Carduus with unadulterated hate and throws Jiri into the pit! Her eyes release another torrent of colorful lights. Dev, make a save vs. Color Spray Will negates.

tDB:
Attack Throw Jiri 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14.
Jiri Reflex save to grab the ledge - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Taryn Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Carduus Will 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Jiri manages to grasp the edge of the pit!

Taryn shrugs off the effects of the Queen's power but Carduus is stunned! He is effectively out of the combat.

Round 4
Viorr, Electric Eye - GO!
Cultists
Carduus and Dev
The Queen.

Taryn swings his earthbreaker at the Queen once more - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 - and once more the Queen evades his powerful stroke.

Jiri manages to pull himself up, "S#~#, that was close one!"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

The path carved through is not a straight one and it meanders a bit from left to right before it finally straightens out proceeding due south. The tunnel there comes to a stop and turns sharply to the east. At the edge of the light are yet another set up rungs that lead up.

No light or sound (that you can see or hear anyway) come from the rungs beckoning you up...

The map is updated. I stopped the group within sight of the ladder from a narrative sense but not from a map location sense.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

SKirting the edge of the pit, Viorr races around to flank the coiling monstrosity with Taryn.


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

Invisible in the dark, Aerin's eyes shifted from pale blue to gold. Along with the change to her eyes came upper and lower fangs, and much thicker hair. It was subtle, but noticeable to those who knew her. Activating See In Darkness ability by Shifting.

Then she cast her own Light spell, illuminating the stone in a gold ring, and turning it around on her finger so the light came from her palm. If she needed to douse it quickly she could just close her hand.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Can we hear anything significant?


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Electric Eye rushes to the figure standing inside the summoning circle, trying to get a nice angle even risking an AoO. He lifts his sword high, ready to let it fall upon the hooded figure in the hopes of ending this the sooner the better.

Double move.]


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

No sounds can be heard Aerin, all is quiet.

At least not with that roll from down in the tunnel anyway!


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

The High Priest holds no weapon as Electric Eye rushes towards him, trying to put the clerics back to the pit rather than his own. He opts to try and trip the Warforged. Electric Eye sprawls onto the hard dungeon ground as his trip is well timed!

EE is currently prone on the ground at his location on the map.

Distracted by Electric Eye, the priest cannot make an attempted attack at Viorr who now gains a significant flanking advantage upon the Queen!

tDB ONLY:
Trip AOO 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Cultist # 2 vs. Dev 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.
Cultist # 3 vs. Viorr 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 - Searing Light 3d8 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) = 7
High Priest Cast Shield of Faith - Spirit Weapon vs Taryn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 - Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
High Priest vs EE draw Mace attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 - Damage 1d8 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (2, 2) = 12

With Carduus clearly paralyzed, the cultist attacking him shifts to Dev but his skills with the dagger continue to prove feeble indeed.

The spirit weapon of the high priest once more swings away for Taryn's head but his concentration taken with Electric Eye the weapon misses high.

The high priest then draws a mace from which electric eye can feel menace even with his unnatural body. The priest slams the mace down upon EE's shoulder and the unholy power of the weapon takes a toll. EE take 12 damage from that hit.

"Foul unnatural creature, you cannot be sacrificed to the Dragon Below but I will use your parts for something I am sure".

Viorr feels and sees a streak of sunlight just pas his shoulder fired from the circlet upon the brow f the cultist by the door. A close call!

Round 4
Dev GO!
The Queen.


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Still unable to line up a shot, Dev steps back to give himself space, and hurls mental bolt of fear at the Queen!

Unearthly Terror, 0th Level, base ML 2, Wild Surge (expending focus)
Chaotic Surge: 1d4 ⇒ 3. ML +1 = 3

DC 14 Will or shaken for 3 rds

enervated on a 1: 4 = 4
not enervated


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

"Take this up so we can see." Frank whispers as he hands his glowing piece of rope to Broulnindre.

After she starts going up the ladder, Frank whispers back, especially to Kana.
"Our relationship is... complicated. Suffice to say we can talk about it later... and she's tougher than she looks."

and she looks tough, sheesh

Frank then waits at the base of the ladder for the all-clear before following Broulnindre up.


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

Carrying the glowing rope in her teeth, Broulnindre quickly and quietly advances up the ladder, stopping at intervals to look and listen for trouble.

Stealth (15' move): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
Stealth (15' move): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

<3 DC 0 climb checks + climb speed


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

The Queen shakes off the effects of the Dev's powers and she attacks Taryn with her bite but the Bloodrager deflects the blow with his earthbreaker.

tDB ONLY:
Queen Will Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 - Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11
Queen - 42/54

Taryn thrusts his earthbreaker upwards at the Queen's face Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 - Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 = 12

Jiri strikes at the back of the cultist Staff Attack 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11 - Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 but the staff is caught up in the heavy folds of the cloak.

Round 5
Viorr, Electric Eye - GO!
Cultists
Carduus and Dev
The Queen.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

As Frank and Broulnindre climb the ladder as they gets to the top, the light from below illuminates some of the room but the rest of the complex is pitch black. Rubble chokes the floor of this wide chamber, or at least it appears to be based on the high ceiling. Right next to this area about 10' to the north is yet another body but this time it is not a goblin. Instead it is a muscular, gray, smelly creature.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 16:
A Grimlock. A blind powerful underdark dweller that is blind but has sense that allow it to "see".

The ringing of steel and shouting can be heard from the south by Broulnindre's sensitive ears.


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

Broulnindre reaches the top first and promptly spits out the glowing foot-long rope. After confirming that nothing jumps out at her immediately, she calls down to the rest of the team while pointing south.
"Here iz safe, und someting iz happenink dot vay. Mebbe fightink."


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank soon arrives second, and looks around the room as he readies his heavy crossbow.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Anyone else have Dungeoneering? Hopefully it's not a vital clue xD

Something in the room seems like something Frank remembers, but he can't quite put his finger on it. "'Mebbe fightink'?"
"Maybe you could go make sure while everyone else climbs up?"

51 to 100 of 1,220 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past - The Secrets of Sharn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.