The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


75,001 to 75,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1496 | 1497 | 1498 | 1499 | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | next > last >>

Image

Kind of in limbo here. Igni just landed behind her but she didn't see him. She just told Sil that her best friend was kidnapped. Not sure if Igni heard that bit. No idea what happened to Cindra. Basically waiting on a reaction from somebody else in this scene. :)


Male Half-Elf
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
"Michael," she began, reaching out and taking his hand. "What that killer did....What Repp did to me," she corrected herself, still struggling with her sense of betrayal. "That wasn't your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault except Repp's. If you try to protect me all the time from everything out of some misplaced sense of guilt, then you don't leave me the freedom I need to be myself. Michael, I love you too much to leave you even then, but...if you do that I will literally fade away into nothing. And this time even you won't be able to see me," she said, tears now streaming down her face.

"I would never do that!" He says instantly, looking both panicked that she was crying and worried because he knew it was his fault. "Kitty, whether I am protecting you or not I am not stopping you from doing what you want to do! I mean, l-let's be serious, I'm really just a speed bump for the other side in a fight. Ch-Chances are you'll be saving me more often than not..."

Says the guy that went all Jekyl/Hyde more than once. Next he'll be changing his name to Anakin. XD

Liberty's Edge

Male Crossblooded(Boreal/ Elemental) Sorcerer/Artic Ley Druid 9
Tybalt Baneko wrote:
Pyry Soleil wrote:
"I know..." He sighs as he takes the sticks. "What are these?"

"Chopsticks. For eating."

He puts his own pair of them in his paw and clicks them.

"You know how to use them?"

He demonstrates by lifting a sushi roll and setting it back down, not planning on eating until both of them could.

"You put one in your hand like a pencil and the other under your thumb."

If Pyry doesn't seem to get it at first as many didn't, he reaches over and sets them in his hand the right way.

Pyry took his time despite his many frustrating attempts to use the chopsticks and finally managed to eat slowly.

"This is good. Did you make it?"


Image
Arthur Barren wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
Arthur Barren wrote:
Arthur looks confused as he picks up the object as his nanomachines attempt to ascertain it's function1d20+42basically he's casting science identify, that's a know(engineering) check
"Please tell me it worked and we're not back to square one," she said wearily.
"this is at minimum a step forward, and hopefully one taken in the right direction..." should I roll another know(engineering) check to represent him spending another six seconds analyzing the thing?

"Make yourself useful and get me a chair instead of harping at me," she snapped at the disapproving nurse. She collapsed more than sat down in the chair when it was hastily pushed over to her. "I'm scanning the school for artron radiation and/or any signs of Melody. I don't think there's anything more I can do."


male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4
Morrivan wrote:
Silinrul wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
"My friends are either confined to the infirmary or dead," she said glumly after he left, walking back towards the school. "Or kidnapped. Because we needed more problems right now."
Silinrul, emerging from his secluded spot in the woods, overhears this "Everything OK miss? You sound distraught"
"No, everything is not okay. My best friend was kidnapped. Her family is already searching for her now, so there's nothing more I can do. But yeah, distraught is a pretty good description," she said hopelessly.

igni just sorta stnads around nearby,

"... Unfortunate. Well. Seeing as I accomplished nothing, I suppose I am no longer needed?"


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Fei's nanosuit engages once more to form a helmet to conceal his features. Engaging his Lace'smental barrier, the young monk turns his attention to the shuttle's scanners as he acknowledges the new orders.

"Understood - we are proceeding to the location now," he replies. "If we have to engage these firebirds to free Raelle, we are to use nonlethal force to subdue them, correct?"

"Roger that, Sparky. Nonlethal force when possible. Primary mission objective is rescue. I've been informed that some of the firebirds may be under mental compulsions. Best to sort that out later."

After a few tense, quiet moments, Ardiente and Fei land next to James and Alev's shuttle - both at a discreet distance from the target building. They quickly disembark to meet with the other two.

"How shall we proceed?"

"I'm going to cast a modified version of silence on us. From here on out we'll need to use telepathy to talk. We come at the building from different directions, and hopefully use the element of surprise to our advantage. With a mech overhead, even if they try to fly off they aren't getting far. Any plan more specific than get in, get Raelle, and get her out alive and in one piece is asking too much. We have no idea what we're walking into right now. We're just going to have to make it up as we go," Jiminy said quietly.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Well if you have a mass spectrometer and a material reference guide handy that'd save me the time. With just my nobots it will take a while before I can figure out what this is made up of and how to follow the trail of it... Whatever it is it's techno-organic. So there shouldn't be many false positives on anything we do to scan for it."


Image
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Silinrul wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
"My friends are either confined to the infirmary or dead," she said glumly after he left, walking back towards the school. "Or kidnapped. Because we needed more problems right now."
Silinrul, emerging from his secluded spot in the woods, overhears this "Everything OK miss? You sound distraught"
"No, everything is not okay. My best friend was kidnapped. Her family is already searching for her now, so there's nothing more I can do. But yeah, distraught is a pretty good description," she said hopelessly.

igni just sorta stnads around nearby,

"... Unfortunate. Well. Seeing as I accomplished nothing, I suppose I am no longer needed?"

"Seriously?" she said, turning around to face him. "That's your reaction? You know, after the whole thing on the sun and Raelle swearing that I had you guys all wrong, I've really done my best to give you another chance. But, you know, I think I had it right about you all along," she snapped.


Reader/Scholar 2
narrator wrote:
"Well, now, you're looking quite a lot better, Gareth. I think you're ready to be discharged," Nurse Trurow said, insincere smile still in place.

"If you say so." He replies, not caring to smile back. Nurse Trurow wasn't really nice for a healer, and she showed too much teeth when she smiled. He climbed out of the bed and limped out of the medical office as quickly as he could.


male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Silinrul wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
"My friends are either confined to the infirmary or dead," she said glumly after he left, walking back towards the school. "Or kidnapped. Because we needed more problems right now."
Silinrul, emerging from his secluded spot in the woods, overhears this "Everything OK miss? You sound distraught"
"No, everything is not okay. My best friend was kidnapped. Her family is already searching for her now, so there's nothing more I can do. But yeah, distraught is a pretty good description," she said hopelessly.

igni just sorta stnads around nearby,

"... Unfortunate. Well. Seeing as I accomplished nothing, I suppose I am no longer needed?"
"Seriously?" she said, turning around to face him. "That's your reaction? You know, after the whole thing on the sun and Raelle swearing that I had you guys all wrong, I've really done my best to give you another chance. But, you know, I think I had it right about you all along," she snapped.

"What do you expect me to say or do? I can't do anything to fix the problem. Getting emotional certianly won't help. And I'd like to get back to my studies so that I can get stronger, so I can prevent messes like this."

igni narrows his eyes, his tone going from his typical "apathy" to somehting slightly more stern and upset.
"I may not behave normally. I may not seem "simpathetic"... But I do care. I don't like to see needless pain. But I won't cry over it. I'll simply work agaisnt it. And standing around feeling sorry about what's going on out there isn't productive."


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt nods as he eats his own fair share. What qualified as a meal for Pyry was a snack for the catfolk now that he was fully healed and his magic was back up and running. Especially running that in full gear to finish his project on time.

"Yep. Caught this fish too. Well, the sushi I made. Popsicles I found in the kitchen."

The bento of pops lays open on the bed. No need to worry about melting in here.

"So, you enjoying Avalon so far? Other than the increased number of fire guys lately of course."

He still pronounces the word fire funny. Like he doesn't want to day it, but doesn't want to work around not saying it.


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
"Michael," she began, reaching out and taking his hand. "What that killer did....What Repp did to me," she corrected herself, still struggling with her sense of betrayal. "That wasn't your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault except Repp's. If you try to protect me all the time from everything out of some misplaced sense of guilt, then you don't leave me the freedom I need to be myself. Michael, I love you too much to leave you even then, but...if you do that I will literally fade away into nothing. And this time even you won't be able to see me," she said, tears now streaming down her face.

"I would never do that!" He says instantly, looking both panicked that she was crying and worried because he knew it was his fault. "Kitty, whether I am protecting you or not I am not stopping you from doing what you want to do! I mean, l-let's be serious, I'm really just a speed bump for the other side in a fight. Ch-Chances are you'll be saving me more often than not..."

Says the guy that went all Jekyl/Hyde more than once. Next he'll be changing his name to Anakin. XD

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! ;P

"This isn't about who saves who more often or who's a better fighter, Michael! This is about you seeing me as an equal and treating me that way. When you make unilateral decisions about what is best for me without consulting me, then you are treating me like a...a pet, or a child. Not the way you treat a partner. I wanted to pay back the murderer. I did. But I am not so selfish that I could not have understood that I would have been a liability to the team. But instead of trusting me to make a good decision, you made it for me. I never even had the chance to help, and I could have. Even not being there, I could have helped. But I never had the chance. And if I keep on not having chances because you are so worried about protecting me, then I will be less than I am supposed to be," she said, stopping to hastily blow her nose.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Tryko'Sam wrote:

Grassy Knoll

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"Okay, I think we're getting hung up on language here.... Telepathy can either refer to the mental talky stuff, and by the way in dragon form I don't have vocal cords so it's mental talk or no talk, or it can refer to the psionic discipline which includes several powers, some of which can influence someone else's mind. The magical version is called enchantment. Miss Jones is good at both. And she's blonde. Though what do you have against redheads?"

"All that aside, I can do some simple magical screening now, no mental scanning involved. That might help. And if not, yeah, I would feel better if Miss Jones took a look. Because either you've got a problem, or I'm having paranoid hallucinations. Either way, somebody needs help," she said with a shrug and an apologetic grin.

Making a smile while shrugging combo facial gesture, that followed with the rest of his body, he says, "I ... red heads are my ... not bane, definitely not that, but-- the dark haired girls, more my focus. Plus, if she's hot and poking around in my mind, she might get a mind full, if you follow my meaning. I haven't bothered to learn much restraint through my life. Though..." he pauses for a second, looking thoughtful, "I do 'seem' a bit more reserved than normal. You ever have that -- not like being a ghost, 'not yourself' feeling? It's on serious over drive right now."

Smiling at this point he says, "Okay-- ready for the magical screening, Doctress. Plus, just a general comment, but, when someone can talk in the mind, that's telepathy to me. The strength of their telepathy is what makes 'em strong or not. Any real mentalist, could do whatever they wanted, if they didn't have some kinda code of honor, right? How would most folk know? Is your mind talking stuff psionic, or magic? or -- wait, I read about this recently, it's kind of the same, right? I bet that pisses some of the finger wigglers off. Kinda lame sauce you can't do a dragon roar or what not, I bet...

"It's not like we can't make any sound. I can manage a passable roar...if you don't mind being yelled at by something that sounds like a French horn. I don't know. It's an amethyst dragon thing, I think. Most dragons have vocal cords in any form. No idea why we don't. And in my case, it's psionic. Amethyst dragons are all naturally psionic. But yeah, magic and psionics basically work the same. It's two different paths to get to the same result anyways," she said, shrugging as she pulled out a series of smaller shells from one of her many pockets and loaded one of her guns with them.

"As for that not quite myself feeling, I like to call that awake," she continued wryly. "I've been so many versions of myself I don't even remember which one was me anymore. I might never know. That me is gone anyways. I just have to try to figure out who I am now. Pretty sure it works the same for you if you keep losing your memories due to trauma. Seems like you need some kind of solution to that. We'll have to work on that. Now, just stay still. This won't hurt a bit," she added with an impish smile before she shot him with a series of shells. They did sting a little on impact, but that was all.
She examined the results critically. "Hmm. Let's see what we have here."

Detect Magic, Detect Good, Detect Evil, Detect Chaos, Detect Law, Detect Charm


Image
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Silinrul wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
"My friends are either confined to the infirmary or dead," she said glumly after he left, walking back towards the school. "Or kidnapped. Because we needed more problems right now."
Silinrul, emerging from his secluded spot in the woods, overhears this "Everything OK miss? You sound distraught"
"No, everything is not okay. My best friend was kidnapped. Her family is already searching for her now, so there's nothing more I can do. But yeah, distraught is a pretty good description," she said hopelessly.

igni just sorta stnads around nearby,

"... Unfortunate. Well. Seeing as I accomplished nothing, I suppose I am no longer needed?"
"Seriously?" she said, turning around to face him. "That's your reaction? You know, after the whole thing on the sun and Raelle swearing that I had you guys all wrong, I've really done my best to give you another chance. But, you know, I think I had it right about you all along," she snapped.

"What do you expect me to say or do? I can't do anything to fix the problem. Getting emotional certianly won't help. And I'd like to get back to my studies so that I can get stronger, so I can prevent messes like this."

igni narrows his eyes, his tone going from his typical "apathy" to somehting slightly more stern and upset.
"I may not behave normally. I may not seem "simpathetic"... But I do care. I don't like to see needless pain. But I won't cry over it. I'll simply work agaisnt it. And standing around feeling sorry about what's going on out there isn't productive."

"You. Are. An. Idiot. You don't ask for details. Like who took her or if you should ask her family if you can help. You know, the obvious stuff. The logical stuff. I don't think you're a jerk because you're not emotional. I think you're a jerk because you can't be bothered to notice other people let alone care. The world doesn't always work the way you think it should, Igni. More power isn't going to help if you don't understand why people behave the way they do. She was taken by firebirds, not that you deserve to be given that information after how you've been acting. So you tell me, why would they do that? Why would they take Raelle?"


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

Well crap. It looks like either the site ate my post, or I forgot to hit submit! Sorry Lyn!

Sil watches Morrivan's outburst with a slight bit of concern. This poor girl had clearly been through a lot. And this Igni was absolutely an idiot, and very similar in mentality to many members of not just his tribe, but all Lycans. While might does make right, it is not always correct.

"The young lady here is correct. Just because you have more power, does not make you better, nor does it mean that your way is the right way. It's a hard lesson to learn, but a valuable one." He pauses, thinking over what Morrivan said. "I don't know what a firebird is, but if she was kidnapped, its possible they want a ransom or somehow use her for leverage"


male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Silinrul wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
"My friends are either confined to the infirmary or dead," she said glumly after he left, walking back towards the school. "Or kidnapped. Because we needed more problems right now."
Silinrul, emerging from his secluded spot in the woods, overhears this "Everything OK miss? You sound distraught"
"No, everything is not okay. My best friend was kidnapped. Her family is already searching for her now, so there's nothing more I can do. But yeah, distraught is a pretty good description," she said hopelessly.

igni just sorta stnads around nearby,

"... Unfortunate. Well. Seeing as I accomplished nothing, I suppose I am no longer needed?"
"Seriously?" she said, turning around to face him. "That's your reaction? You know, after the whole thing on the sun and Raelle swearing that I had you guys all wrong, I've really done my best to give you another chance. But, you know, I think I had it right about you all along," she snapped.

"What do you expect me to say or do? I can't do anything to fix the problem. Getting emotional certianly won't help. And I'd like to get back to my studies so that I can get stronger, so I can prevent messes like this."

igni narrows his eyes, his tone going from his typical "apathy" to somehting slightly more stern and upset.
"I may not behave normally. I may not seem "simpathetic"... But I do care. I don't like to see needless pain. But I won't cry over it. I'll simply work agaisnt it. And standing around feeling sorry about what's going on out there isn't productive."
"You. Are. An. Idiot. You don't ask for details. Like who took her or if you should ask her family if you can help. You know, the obvious stuff. The logical stuff. I don't think you're a jerk because you're not emotional. I think you're a jerk because you can't be bothered to...

igni snorts softly.

"The likely reason? Bitterness. Remenants of the old, broken system. People who still hate people who aren't "purebloods", or are different from the standard acceptable "firebird" mold."
igni avoids commenting on the "idiot" part, putting his hands behind his back to hide the shaking.


Male Sapphire Dragon

Marcell wanders up to the door to zix's classroom, holding a book in one hand and munching on a roll with the other.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
"How shall we proceed?"
"I'm going to cast a modified version of silence on us. From here on out we'll need to use telepathy to talk. We come at the building from different directions, and hopefully use the element of surprise to our advantage. With a mech overhead, even if they try to fly off they aren't getting far. Any plan more specific than get in, get Raelle, and get her out alive and in one piece is asking too much. We have no idea what we're walking into right now. We're just going to have to make it up as we go," Jiminy said quietly.

Fei nods before turning his gaze toward the building.


Male Humanoid

Grassy Knoll

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"It's not like we can't make any sound. I can manage a passable roar...if you don't mind being yelled at by something that sounds like a French horn. I don't know. It's an amethyst dragon thing, I think. Most dragons have vocal cords in any form. No idea why we don't. And in my case, it's psionic. Amethyst dragons are all naturally psionic. But yeah, magic and psionics basically work the same. It's two different paths to get to the same result anyways," she said, shrugging as she pulled out a series of smaller shells from one of her many pockets and loaded one of her guns with them.

"As for that not quite myself feeling, I like to call that awake," she continued wryly. "I've been so many versions of myself I don't even remember which one was me anymore. I might never know. That me is gone anyways. I just have to try to figure out who I am now. Pretty sure it works the same for you if you keep losing your memories due to trauma. Seems like you need some kind of solution to that. We'll have to work on that. Now, just stay still. This won't hurt a bit," she added with an impish smile before she shot him with a series of shells. They did sting a little on impact, but that was all.
She examined the results critically. "Hmm. Let's see what we have here."

Detect Magic, Detect Good, Detect Evil, Detect Chaos, Detect Law, Detect Charm

Emailed you the results -- to start things off. Please let me know if you have questions on that.

Watching her hands intently as she loads the shells and prepares her guns, Tryko'Sam smirks slightly. "I gotta say, awesome delivery mechanism."

He doesn't seem to flinch at the stinging shots, but they clearly hit him and activate.

He watches her while the time passes, looking curious and eager. "Am I going to be able to play the violin, Doc?"


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Tryko'Sam wrote:

Grassy Knoll

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"It's not like we can't make any sound. I can manage a passable roar...if you don't mind being yelled at by something that sounds like a French horn. I don't know. It's an amethyst dragon thing, I think. Most dragons have vocal cords in any form. No idea why we don't. And in my case, it's psionic. Amethyst dragons are all naturally psionic. But yeah, magic and psionics basically work the same. It's two different paths to get to the same result anyways," she said, shrugging as she pulled out a series of smaller shells from one of her many pockets and loaded one of her guns with them.

"As for that not quite myself feeling, I like to call that awake," she continued wryly. "I've been so many versions of myself I don't even remember which one was me anymore. I might never know. That me is gone anyways. I just have to try to figure out who I am now. Pretty sure it works the same for you if you keep losing your memories due to trauma. Seems like you need some kind of solution to that. We'll have to work on that. Now, just stay still. This won't hurt a bit," she added with an impish smile before she shot him with a series of shells. They did sting a little on impact, but that was all.
She examined the results critically. "Hmm. Let's see what we have here."

Detect Magic, Detect Good, Detect Evil, Detect Chaos, Detect Law, Detect Charm

Emailed you the results -- to start things off. Please let me know if you have questions on that.

Watching her hands intently as she loads the shells and prepares her guns, Tryko'Sam smirks slightly. "I gotta say, awesome delivery mechanism."

He doesn't seem to flinch at the stinging shots, but they clearly hit him and activate.

He watches her while the time passes, looking curious and eager. "Am I going to be able to play the violin, Doc?"

"Well, there's good news and there's bad news. Good news, I'm not crazy. No paranoid hallucinations at this time. The bad news is that something messed you up bad. Like, on a cellular level. It's not in your mind, it's in your body. Let me just analyze this for another little bit here," she said, still examining all of the magical auras.

Knowledge Arcana (detect magic) 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32
Knowledge Arcana (detect charm) 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25
She's letting the rest of the detect spells go as she already has enough info from them.
She shook her head. "Yeah, I'm not getting anything more right now. Just enough to know that you should start with seeing Miss Jones. If this is as complicated as it looks, you might need even more help than that."


Image
Igni Phoebus wrote:


igni snorts softly.

"The likely reason? Bitterness. Remenants of the old, broken system. People who still hate people who aren't "purebloods", or are different from the standard acceptable "firebird" mold."
igni avoids commenting on the "idiot" part, putting his hands behind his back to hide the shaking.

"That's one possible reason," Morrivan said, hands on her hips. "But it ignores some other possibilities. I may not be a firebird, but I have noticed that Raelle's dad is kinda a big deal among your people. So that might have played a factor. Or worse. I've been Raelle's roommate and friend for almost a year now. And I've noticed some things. First of all, she's gorgeous. Secondly, this fact is not lost on the boys around her. Especially the firebird ones. They basically drool over her, occasionally literally," she added, rolling her eyes. "And that didn't stop when she broke out in psionic tattoos and got a boyfriend. Now I'm really hoping that that isn't the reason why she was taken. I really, really hope that. But it's on the list of possibilities. Unfortunately."


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
"How shall we proceed?"
"I'm going to cast a modified version of silence on us. From here on out we'll need to use telepathy to talk. We come at the building from different directions, and hopefully use the element of surprise to our advantage. With a mech overhead, even if they try to fly off they aren't getting far. Any plan more specific than get in, get Raelle, and get her out alive and in one piece is asking too much. We have no idea what we're walking into right now. We're just going to have to make it up as we go," Jiminy said quietly.

Fei nods before turning his gaze toward the building.

Jiminy does something that might be a spell. It's always hard to tell with him. There's no appreciable difference though.

::I made it so you can all hear like normal, but won't make any sounds yourselves. Fei, head towards the front door. I'll head around back. Alev, Ardiente, there should be an entrance to the hayloft. Try and use that to get inside.::


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

Jiminy does something that might be a spell. It's always hard to tell with him. There's no appreciable difference though.

::I made it so you can all hear like normal, but won't make any sounds yourselves. Fei, head towards the front door. I'll head around back. Alev, Ardiente, there should be an entrance to the hayloft. Try and use that to get inside.::

As they split up to take their designated routes, Fei's nanosuit changes color slightly to match the surrounding area. As inconspicuously as he can manage, the young monk tries to approach the front door out of the direct line of sight of as many of the front-facing windows or shutters as possible. As he does so his senses are on alert for the occupants inside, or any surprises they may have for uninvited guests...

Rolls, if needed:
Stealth: 1d20 + 30 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 30 + 10 = 59;
Perception:
1d20 + 34 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 34 + 10 = 62;
Sense Motive:
1d20 + 42 ⇒ (9) + 42 = 51


male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:


igni snorts softly.

"The likely reason? Bitterness. Remenants of the old, broken system. People who still hate people who aren't "purebloods", or are different from the standard acceptable "firebird" mold."
igni avoids commenting on the "idiot" part, putting his hands behind his back to hide the shaking.

"That's one possible reason," Morrivan said, hands on her hips. "But it ignores some other possibilities. I may not be a firebird, but I have noticed that Raelle's dad is kinda a big deal among your people. So that might have played a factor. Or worse. I've been Raelle's roommate and friend for almost a year now. And I've noticed some things. First of all, she's gorgeous. Secondly, this fact is not lost on the boys around her. Especially the firebird ones. They basically drool over her, occasionally literally," she added, rolling her eyes. "And that didn't stop when she broke out in psionic tattoos and got a boyfriend. Now I'm really hoping that that isn't the reason why she was taken. I really, really hope that. But it's on the list of possibilities. Unfortunately."

igni stands quietly, mostly expressionless. Seeming to lack anything to say.


Male Humanoid

Grassy Knoll

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"Well, there's good news and there's bad news. Good news, I'm not crazy. No paranoid hallucinations at this time. The bad news is that something messed you up bad. Like, on a cellular level. It's not in your mind, it's in your body. Let me just analyze this for another little bit here," she said, still examining all of the magical auras.

Knowledge Arcana (detect magic) 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32
Knowledge Arcana (detect charm) 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25
She's letting the rest of the detect spells go as she already has enough info from them.

She shook her head. "Yeah, I'm not getting anything more right now. Just enough to know that you should start with seeing Miss Jones. If this is as complicated as it looks, you might need even more help than that."

"Happy to do as suggested, unless there's more shooting going to happen-- or discussion on obscure cerebral topics. I happen to like those."

He grins in that charming manner, clearly it happens without any effort on his part.

"So, head back to the school-- arrows to find this Miss Jones, wait for you to do introductions, or should I just go find her?"


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Tryko'Sam wrote:

Grassy Knoll

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"Well, there's good news and there's bad news. Good news, I'm not crazy. No paranoid hallucinations at this time. The bad news is that something messed you up bad. Like, on a cellular level. It's not in your mind, it's in your body. Let me just analyze this for another little bit here," she said, still examining all of the magical auras.

Knowledge Arcana (detect magic) 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32
Knowledge Arcana (detect charm) 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25
She's letting the rest of the detect spells go as she already has enough info from them.

She shook her head. "Yeah, I'm not getting anything more right now. Just enough to know that you should start with seeing Miss Jones. If this is as complicated as it looks, you might need even more help than that."

"Happy to do as suggested, unless there's more shooting going to happen-- or discussion on obscure cerebral topics. I happen to like those."

He grins in that charming manner, clearly it happens without any effort on his part.

"So, head back to the school-- arrows to find this Miss Jones, wait for you to do introductions, or should I just go find her?"

"She's waiting for me to bring you back. Umm...so I can pop right back to her classroom no problem. Not quite sure how your portals work. Can you get back to the school easily?"


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

Jiminy does something that might be a spell. It's always hard to tell with him. There's no appreciable difference though.

::I made it so you can all hear like normal, but won't make any sounds yourselves. Fei, head towards the front door. I'll head around back. Alev, Ardiente, there should be an entrance to the hayloft. Try and use that to get inside.::

As they split up to take their designated routes, Fei's nanosuit changes color slightly to match the surrounding area. As inconspicuously as he can manage, the young monk tries to approach the front door out of the direct line of sight of as many of the front-facing windows or shutters as possible. As he does so his senses are on alert for the occupants inside, or any surprises they may have for uninvited guests...

** spoiler omitted **

Fei can see two of the guards. They appear to be patrolling the area near the door, as he sees them pass the windows several times. He can't see where the other two are from here. On the bright side, none of them appear to see him either. And he can just barely hear something that sounds like it might be....chanting?


Male Humanoid

Grassy Knoll

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
"She's waiting for me to bring you back. Umm...so I can pop right back to her classroom no problem. Not quite sure how your portals work. Can you get back to the school easily?"

Looking off in the direction of the setting sunlight, they are not in the darkness so likely another time zone, he says, "Yeah, near the Cafeteria? Could meet you right at the double doors-- or come with."

Saying that, he gestures in a sweeping wave of sorts, not too dramatically, as a portal spawns open, two meter diameter, with the same visual of said doors in sight.

"Your choice-- portal or self propelled." He will step through once she disappears or walks on through.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

She shrugged. "Well, it seems safe enough," she said and stepped through the open portal.


Male Humanoid

Cafeteria, Outside

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
She shrugged. "Well, it seems safe enough," she said and stepped through the open portal.

It's an instant movement, with no noticeable resistance or 'effect', and Andromeda finds herself in the darker evening of outside the Cafeteria, as he said.

He walks in after her and the portal's maw shuts silently behind him.

"So, arrows to the Miss, or you figure it's too late now? I'm guessing your mentioning her waiting means -- well, she's waiting." He starts walking towards the interior and gets the door, looking around as he does.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Tryko'Sam wrote:

Cafeteria, Outside

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
She shrugged. "Well, it seems safe enough," she said and stepped through the open portal.

It's an instant movement, with no noticeable resistance or 'effect', and Andromeda finds herself in the darker evening of outside the Cafeteria, as he said.

He walks in after her and the portal's maw shuts silently behind him.

"So, arrows to the Miss, or you figure it's too late now? I'm guessing your mentioning her waiting means -- well, she's waiting." He starts walking towards the interior and gets the door, looking around as he does.

"It's not that late," she said, laughing. "Besides, I don't think Miss Jones actually sleeps even if it were. Come on, this way," she said leading the way through the halls, only stopping to activate the arrows when she was halfway there. "And it looks like the classroom hasn't even moved since I left. How thoughtful of it."


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Shifting into bird form, 'Scorch' flies up to the hayloft and peers inside, hoping to spot his girlfriend 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20 Perception


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:

Fei can see two of the guards. They appear to be patrolling the area near the door, as he sees them pass the windows several times. He can't see where the other two are from here. On the bright side, none of them appear to see him either. And he can just barely hear something that sounds like it might be....chanting?

Fei tests out the telepathic link to update the others.

::There are two guards inside that I can see, apparently patrolling by the windows. I see no others, but I hear a faint noise that may be chanting. Attempting to identify now...::

Identification Attempts:

Perception (to verify noise): 1d20 + 34 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 34 + 10 = 54
Spellcraft (if applicable): 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (6) + 30 = 36

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5
Marcell Harmonious wrote:
Marcell wanders up to the door to zix's classroom, holding a book in one hand and munching on a roll with the other.

the door is unlocked but closed. If one were to open the door they would find zix drawing arcane symbols on the chalkboard and floor, likely either a ward, a summoning circle or both. Nearby two small crystalline eyes float lazily circling the room. any who knock would be freely invited in


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
Marcell Harmonious wrote:
Marcell wanders up to the door to zix's classroom, holding a book in one hand and munching on a roll with the other.
the door is unlocked but closed. If one were to open the door they would find zix drawing arcane symbols on the chalkboard and floor, likely either a ward, a summoning circle or both. Nearby two small crystalline eyes float lazily circling the room. any who knock would be freely invited in

Marcell grabs the rest of his roll in his mouth and opens the door without a second thought.

"Aftrnun."
he mumbles rough the mouthful of roll, using the free hand to flip a page. He swallows the remains of the roll, and looks from the book to zix.
"And how are you?"
he marks the page on the book with a quick fold, and snaps it shut.


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Shifting into bird form, 'Scorch' flies up to the hayloft and peers inside, hoping to spot his girlfriend 1d20+18 Perception

He finds himself beak to face with Ollifer Kalama, senior guardsman for the del Sol family, Elektra's dad, and one of the primary people responsible for training himself and his fellow guards.


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:

Fei can see two of the guards. They appear to be patrolling the area near the door, as he sees them pass the windows several times. He can't see where the other two are from here. On the bright side, none of them appear to see him either. And he can just barely hear something that sounds like it might be....chanting?

Fei tests out the telepathic link to update the others.

::There are two guards inside that I can see, apparently patrolling by the windows. I see no others, but I hear a faint noise that may be chanting. Attempting to identify now...::

** spoiler omitted **

Identifying chanting:
Fei can be certain that this is some form of spell casting, but it is not any spell with which he would be familiar. Also, it's really, really long. Probably some form of ritual magic.

Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

::It is spellcasting, of a sort that I do not recognize - likely some kind of ritual. It is taking quite some time to invoke, if we want to interrupt it.::


Image

Alev flies straight past Ardiente, bowling into Ollifer and knocking him over, although that won't keep him down for long as Ardiente well remembers from training.

::Get in there! Go! Don't worry about the guards! You have to stop them. They're del Sol guards,:: he mentally shouted out to the rest of the team. There is a definite note of fear in his mental voice.

Ardiente:
You know that things haven't been right in House del Sol for a while, but the panic in Alev's voice suggests that there's something more going on that your friends haven't told you about.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Shifting back into human form, Ardiente races past his former 'boss' and tries to find Raelle. 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23 Perception. Only all of his training, and his sheer worry for her safety is preventing him from calling out to her. He had failed her once, but not being there to stop this kidnapping in the first place. He wasn't going to fail again.


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Shifting back into human form, Ardiente races past his former 'boss' and tries to find Raelle. 1d20+18 Perception. Only all of his training, and his sheer worry for her safety is preventing him from calling out to her. He had failed her once, but not being there to stop this kidnapping in the first place. He wasn't going to fail again.

He races across the hay loft, and gets far enough into the room to see Raelle, tied and gagged and apparently quite unconscious, in the center of a circle of glowing runes. Lord del Sol is chanting out the words of a spell as Lady del Sol continues to add more runes to the circle as the circle around Raelle. This quick glimpse is interrupted by a second guard throwing himself at Ardiente, much the same way Alev just did to Ollifer. Ardiente recognizes this woman as Fiilah, another one of his teachers.

CMB: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (5) + 25 = 30

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

Zix raises one eye ridge as he pauses his inscription in chalk ::I am Doing fair. And yourself?::


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

The young monk easily dodges out of the way of the attempted tackle CMD=53.

Rage overtakes his mind, seeing Raelle at the center of some twisted ritual. He doesn't bother with anything fancy, instead just lunging at Lord del Sol. 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39 Grapple. Also using Stunning Fist, DC 27


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

The young monk easily dodges out of the way of the attempted tackle CMD=53.

Rage overtakes his mind, seeing Raelle at the center of some twisted ritual. He doesn't bother with anything fancy, instead just lunging at Lord del Sol. 1d20+24 Grapple. Also using Stunning Fist, DC 27

Not saying it will change your action, but you are in the hay loft. To do this you will be jumping down roughly 15-20 feet prior to tackling. Just wanted to make sure you have the full picture.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Ah, to me a hayloft is a small space, so your above description made it seem like I had cleared it. Also totally not changing my action. Do I need an acrobatics check?


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Ah, to me a hayloft is a small space, so your above description made it seem like I had cleared it. Also totally not changing my action. Do I need an acrobatics check?

Heh. Small space. Not in any barn I've ever been in. Haylofts are either large or enormous depending on the size of the barn. :)

And yes, an acrobatics check is necessary please.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38 Acrobatics


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Alev Brenneke wrote:

Alev flies straight past Ardiente, bowling into Ollifer and knocking him over, although that won't keep him down for long as Ardiente well remembers from training.

::Get in there! Go! Don't worry about the guards! You have to stop them. They're del Sol guards,:: he mentally shouted out to the rest of the team. There is a definite note of fear in his mental voice.

Fei very much wants to know the details of why Alev made that statement, but the fearful tone in his voice sends him into action nonetheless. His neural lace starts making calculations and drawing power to the nanosuit's starcaster.

Calling on his primary Champion ability to bolster his teammates, the young monk waits a few seconds to see when the two guards are facing away from the front door in their patrol, then uses his other Champion ability to teleport into the building (on other side of that door), and quickly gets his bearings to know where to go.

Fei is trying a variant of blind man's shadow from The Quintessential Monk - basically hiding briefly in the guards' collective 'blind spots' behind them to enter with surprise.

Stealth check: 1d20 + 30 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 30 + 10 = 59

Fei has also started his Call of Heroes ability to buff the team:

The Champion bestows heroic powers on all allies within 100 feet. They gain a +4 Champion bonus on attack and damage rolls, gain 20 temporary hit points, and become immune to both fear and charm effects.


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
Ginni wrote:

Demon-Ginni 1 in the maze: 1d20+2

Oh, so close, but nope, still lost.

Demon-Ginni 2 in a cat fight with real Ginni:
Ginni still didn't know what lie this version of her embodied, but as they fought she kept getting flashes. Over and over, different people telling her that she could never be good because she was part demon or making comments like blood will tell. All the families that didn't want to adopt her because of what she was.
She grunted as she got an elbow to the face. "I am not my parents. I am responsible for me. I don't have to be evil because they were, and anyone who says differently is just showing off their own small-mindedness and insecurity," she growled as she tackled the demon-her to the ground, only to fall flat on her face as the demon vanished into silver mist. Well. That worked better than expected.

Demon-Ginni 3 making trouble:
While Phaezeriel's attention was distracted by the fight between Ginni and her demonic counterpart, this one teleported just behind him, laying her hand on the latticed pillar that connected him to Ginni's mind. Not trying to take control, just trying to stimulate as many demonic impulses as possible. "You need to stop being so helpful."

Phaezeriel did not see this coming. He was not mentally prepared for someone else to awaken the demonic urges inside him, and in that moment, he loses himself. Glowing red swirls into the silver of his eyes until there is no silver remaining. He looks at demon-Ginni #3 with calculating interest.

His mind closes down around this fragment of the demon-in-Ginni, trying to lock her mental processes away, to leave her dazed and unable to act. He stalks toward her, his thoughts for her alone and dripping with menace and a rather unwholesome desire, ::You are an entirely mental construct aren't you? You are mental power made manifest. And yet you are not the full power of the demon inside Ginni, you are just a small fragment of her.:: His eyes spark with a lust that has nothing to do with flesh, ::I will consume you. I will become more powerful. Why should all of that power go to her?::

Demon-Ginni #3 can feel the powerful pull of Phaezeriel's mind as he tries to absorb the mental energy that gives her form.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Phaez, can Ace hear this?

75,001 to 75,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1496 | 1497 | 1498 | 1499 | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.