The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


75,201 to 75,250 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | 1508 | 1509 | 1510 | next > last >>

Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen flies over the factory to get a visual of what's going on...

"Hmm. No transponder, no FF rec query, no lights. Power outage? Other buildings have power..."
When he goes to open the radio to inform Jeran of an update, he gets the white noise... "That's damn peculiar."

More official like: If you'd give me say 5 perception rolls and list out what visions you'd have, i.e. IR/UV, etc. That'll help. I don't really peek at sheets unless it's down to a ruling or impossible to accept as ...well, possible. :)

Also, can you describe the Shuttle; power source/type, illumination, size, noise factors, etc?


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Added link to the shuttle info in the discussion page :)
While flying overhead and unaware, he's not going to have flood lights or landing lights on, per se. He will use the FLiR to scan the building though. (Forward Looking infra-Red)

Perception: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (13) + 29 = 42
I don't know what an appropriate equipment bonus would be, so feel free to + or - the result


[b]Kuros Industries[b]
Ha! Proper name.

Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Added link to the shuttle info in the discussion page :)

While flying overhead and unaware, he's not going to have flood lights or landing lights on, per se. He will use the FLiR to scan the building though. (Forward Looking infra-Red)

Perception: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (13) + 29 = 42

I don't know what an appropriate equipment bonus would be, so feel free to + or - the result

The immediate sweep of the grounds, and going into the building shows no visible bipeds or other 'warm' targets except for two humanoid shaped figures on the grounds out front of Factory Two.

These figures appear to 'react' to any sounds the shuttles would make on your arrival, but don't track very well since you're running dark.

As for scans of the building itself, using IR, the immediate ground and above floors appear vacant of any humanoids, though the slight differences noted due to machinery and other things that 'recently' turned off and are slooowly dimming due to thermal release are there-- and one rather large (not super hot, but not 'alive') dome like aura, in what you perceive as being below ground.

My assumption is that while you could roll a Knowledge of 'Buildings' (Engineering?) -- getting the exact layouts of these building off the top of your head is likely best at this point, without an official tour/docs. Unaware if he got a full tour of Factory Two. Your call, not important to me either way.

That 'dome' is definitely underground, likely a centralize part of the structure, and you swear in between the flying and landing, it sort of 'shifts' -- the surface isn't as uniformed of a dome as you initially saw. Movement of some sort, unsure just how much or their full size.

The 'Dome' is roughly 12m in diameter, across, from what you can perceive, not sure if it's a full sphere or not, given the limitations of penetration through solid matter. The IR certainly does /not/ go through that material.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:

Recognizing that they were getting absolutely nowhere trying to get Ardiente off of Lord del Sol, the guards decide to split up, one of them going after Jiminy and his pesky goo gun and the other switching tactics to try and damage Ardiente instead of break the grapple.

Guard 1 vs Jiminy: 1d20+39
Lands a surprise kick to the ribs.
Damage: 2d10+15

Guard 2 vs Ardiente: 1d20+37
Just can't seem to get it together here...

::I will aid Scorch, Happy - you stop that other guard:: Fei communicates to Alev, indicating the guard that just attacked James.

The young monk then moves into a position opposite of Ardiente, and tries to landing a debilitating blow on Lord del Sol's unprotected flank.

Move action to get into position, then single attack utilizing stunning fist.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 45 ⇒ (13) + 45 = 58
Damage (if successful): 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (7, 3) + 30 = 40 nonlethal bludgeoning damage, and please make a DC 41 Fort save or be stunned for 1 round

Autohypnosis check: 1d20 + 47 ⇒ (12) + 47 = 59


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Krays wrote:

Finishes up straightening out his classroom after the afternoon class, and heads to the nursery.

::Headed to spend some time with the kids...want me to grab dinner and meet me there?:: he sends to his mate over their bond. His joy is almost tangible.

::That sounds wonderful. It's been a tense evening. Thankfully not a tragic one. Exactly. I'll explain when I get there,:: she replied. She sounded tired.


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
"Morrivan. And sure. At least, I probably shouldn't be by myself right now," she agreed. "And, uh, sorry about that. Igni just really irritates me. Raelle swears he's not a bad person, but I think she's being overly generous."
Sil shrugs "You don't have to be sorry. There's nothing wrong with not liking him. You can't be friends with everyone."

She snorted. "Well, that's true. It just seems like lately the list of people I can't be friends with is growing. I'm...not in the best place these days," she said with a shrug, her expression going flat.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Maya Rhys wrote:

Miss Jones' Office

Miss Jones wrote:
"It's Miss Jones actually. While Professor is the customary title, it is not my preferred one," Miss Jones said crisply, neatly avoiding the implied question about her first name. She returns Maya's polite nod. "A pleasure to meet you Professor Rhys. And yes, I wish to speak with you about Tryko'Sam," she said, pronouncing his name as if it pained her, as it always did when dealing with students who only had one name. She preferred to keep names at a polite distance, knowing how much power they had. "I'm sure you are aware that he has been having difficulties with destructive impulses of late. Rather severe impulses. The scarf I gave him was made for me. As a means of controlling ordinary destructive urges, it is a bit like swatting a fly with a bomb. The fact that he feels normal, rather than extremely meek and happy tells me that this imbalance was quite severe. And therefore is something that requires long term treatment once the source of it, whether psychological or otherwise, is discovered. But that is not the only anomaly that requires examination in the case of this student. He is, it appears, producing a rather powerful enchantment effect, on a cellular level. Which is most singular as such effects usually generate in the mind. I need to know if you are aware of this effect, and if it is something that was done to him, or is simply a part of him that he needs to control. He indicated that you would have insight into his history that might shed some light on that subject. And as he has expressed discomfort with mental contact, I felt that speaking with you was the best way to gain the necessary information."

Nodding in understanding or acceptance of the established name, Maya listens to her update and then request for information-- peering over only once at the 'scarf' on Tryko'Sam with a hint of curiosity.

** spoiler omitted **...

Andromeda piped up before Miss Jones had a chance to reply. "We're having a language barrier here. I noticed this when I was talking to Tryko'Sam earlier. You guys just don't understand the terms. For instance, Professor Rhys, you keep using enchantment as if it were a synonym for magic. Umm...it's a sub school, actually. Magic that effects the mind primarily. We're actually being very specific when we use that word. If Tryko'Sam has a healing ability that's magic, then it should be reading as conjuration or maybe necromancy. Unless it's not magic. He might just be a fixed point. Give me a minute, and I can tell you that much at least," she said, her eyes changing to their draconic appearance as she finished, then the pupils taking on an odd hourglass shape for just a moment.

Scanning him for temporal effects.


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Phaezeriel wrote:
Ryleh wrote:

She turned her attention to Vai. "You told me that it was Ginni's transformation that triggered this change for Phaezeriel? Is he still connected to her mentally? I'm not sure that's healthy for either of them right now, but I also don't think we dare upset what must be a delicate balance," she said thoughtfully.

"I don't know for sure, but I think so," Vai said, biting her lip.

As a powerful psychic, and knowing Phaezeriel to also be one, Ryleh is somewhat surprised to find that the area occupied by the smooth shell of the chrysalis is utterly impenetrable to any psychic senses.

The skin of the chrysalis forms a null-psionic field within it. It is not, however, proof against magic or technological senses or interventions. Not sure how the null-psi field will affect the link to Ginni, but he was not actively in her mind when it happened.

"Hmm. He seems to have cut himself off from any psychic interference. We can run a scanner over him to make sure that he is physically well, but it seems that he wanted to fight his inner demon alone this time," Ryleh said slowly. She turned her attention back to the girls.

::Is this difficult for you because what is happening to both of them reminds you of what happened to you?:: she asked Vai telepathically so as not to reveal any secrets to others.

Vai carefully examined her shoes and blushed. ::Yes,:: she replied, her mental voice small.

Ryleh patted Vai on the shoulder, gently. ::But you have not run away. You're facing your fear. Never forget that you are stronger than you give yourself credit for.::


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen flies over the factory to get a visual of what's going on...

"Hmm. No transponder, no FF rec query, no lights. Power outage? Other buildings have power..."
When he goes to open the radio to inform Jeran of an update, he gets the white noise... "That's damn peculiar."

"You think they're under attack? I mean, from what I hear, stuff tries to attack the school pretty often. And the town. No reason the factories would be any different," Elektra said, as she tried to figure out what all the different readings and such actually meant. She was still just starting to study the manuals for this stuff.


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:

Recognizing that they were getting absolutely nowhere trying to get Ardiente off of Lord del Sol, the guards decide to split up, one of them going after Jiminy and his pesky goo gun and the other switching tactics to try and damage Ardiente instead of break the grapple.

Guard 1 vs Jiminy: 1d20+39
Lands a surprise kick to the ribs.
Damage: 2d10+15

Guard 2 vs Ardiente: 1d20+37
Just can't seem to get it together here...

::I will aid Scorch, Happy - you stop that other guard:: Fei communicates to Alev, indicating the guard that just attacked James.

The young monk then moves into a position opposite of Ardiente, and tries to landing a debilitating blow on Lord del Sol's unprotected flank.

Move action to get into position, then single attack utilizing stunning fist.

Attack Roll: 1d20+45
Damage (if successful): 2d8+30 nonlethal bludgeoning damage, and please make a DC 41 Fort save or be stunned for 1 round

Autohypnosis check: 1d20+47

That provokes an AoO from Guard 2. Which I will resolve before I resolve the attack. (No worries. This guy can't seem to actually do anything right right now.)

The guard that has been attempting to pull Ardiente off of Lord del Sol sticks out a foot to trip Fei as he goes past.
CMB: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (9) + 37 = 46
CMD isn't listed on Fei's sheet, but I'm gonna assume that's a no on the trip attempt.

Fei's blow lands successfully on Lord del Sol.
1d20 + 28 ⇒ (10) + 28 = 38
And Lord del Sol's eyes glaze over a bit as he is in fact stunned.


Image

Alev followed Fei's instructions, closing with the second guard and throwing something in his face.
1d20 + 28 ⇒ (12) + 28 = 40
The second guard screamed, not that you could hear it, but you could definitely see it as he clawed at his face.

::What did you just throw at him?:: Jiminy asked.
::Sand. He has really sensitive eyes,:: Alev replied. ::Which I knew when I threw the sand.::


Image

Jiminy shot the goo gun at the second guard.
1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30
Not a one. Yay! :)
And now he was immobilized and crying as he couldn't even use his hands to scrub the sand away from his eyes.

He takes aim at the last guardsman standing.
1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23
And misses wildly.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"Oooookay. Well, good news, you're not a fixed point. But you are not when you belong. I'm not sure if you came forward or backwards, and I'm pretty sure you're not even in the right universe," Andromeda said, biting her lip as she tried to figure out what she was seeing. "Sorry. It's hard to be exact. Temporal dislocation is not an exact science. Probably. Well, at least it's not now. As far as I know."


Male Humanoid

Miss Jones' Office

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
"Oooookay. Well, good news, you're not a fixed point. But you are not when you belong. I'm not sure if you came forward or backwards, and I'm pretty sure you're not even in the right universe," Andromeda said, biting her lip as she tried to figure out what she was seeing. "Sorry. It's hard to be exact. Temporal dislocation is not an exact science. Probably. Well, at least it's not now. As far as I know."

Tryko'Sam looks up from the scarf and the hourglass eyes with a puzzled expression, "Well, I was floating in space for a long time prior to here. Does that matter? When that Vare guy did his last spell while I was a captive, I knew I suddenly was in space again-- somewhere, but not sure where, before folks showed up in the Mechs to bubble me and carry me back, I think I got sick in that bubble. I know I moved time and space in between the pickup and suffocating on the way back to the isolation and Maya, plus SIM Room 3. Sorry to be a hassle if this is, just -- I really think that thing did a whack job on my brain and what else. I know I don't feel normal."

He makes a light frown after all that, concerned.

If Miss Jones still has her Sense Enchantment going, she would see the effect on Tryko'Sam flare ever so lightly. It's clearly powerful, but very obscure. I also remembered something. Sent you a PM, Lynora.


Female Avalon Professor

Miss Jones' Office

After Tryko'Sam responds to Andromeda, Maya says, "I did have to stitch his memories together somewhat-- hopefully not heavy handledly-- maybe my mental repair is this Enhancement you're seeing?"

Maya appears to be seeking to assist and curious now.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Elektra Kalama wrote:


"You think they're under attack? I mean, from what I hear, stuff tries to attack the school pretty often. And the town. No reason the factories would be any different," Elektra said, as she tried to figure out what all the different readings and such actually meant. She was still just starting to study the manuals for this stuff.

He nods as she speaks. "It's entirely possible. Not a whole lot of heat signatures, so the workers must have bailed, or the FLiR can't penetrate certain areas of the buildings. I'm not too familiar with the layout, yet, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at. This 'dome' here is interesting...dunno if it's alive or what. But whatever's happening, the radio seems to be affected. So, fly away and see if we can get radio contact, or land outside of town and go in on foot. You call it."


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:

That provokes an AoO from Guard 2. Which I will resolve before I resolve the attack. (No worries. This guy can't seem to actually do anything right right now.)

The guard that has been attempting to pull Ardiente off of Lord del Sol sticks out a foot to trip Fei as he goes past.
CMB: 1d20+37
CMD isn't listed on Fei's sheet, but I'm gonna assume that's a no on the trip attempt.

Apologies for that, Lyn. Your assumption is correct, though - the trip attempt did not succeed.

narrator wrote:

Fei's blow lands successfully on Lord del Sol.

1d20+ 28
And Lord del Sol's eyes glaze over a bit as he is in fact stunned.

Hoping that his successful attack on Lord del Sol will give Ardiente the chance to restrain and incapacitate him, Fei tries to...persuade the final guard to bow out of this conflict.

Flurry of Blows against the last guard, utilizing Dragon Strikes the Waves to attack against his Touch AC.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 46 ⇒ (20) + 46 = 66; Damage: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (5, 3) + 30 = 38 nonlethal; Critical Confirmation Roll: 1d20 + 46 ⇒ (8) + 46 = 54; Additional Damage if confirmed: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (8, 6) + 30 = 44 nonlethal
Attack Roll: 1d20 + 46 ⇒ (15) + 46 = 61; Damage: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (3, 5) + 30 = 38 nonlethal
Attack Roll: 1d20 + 41 ⇒ (16) + 41 = 57; Damage: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (3, 7) + 30 = 40 nonlethal
Attack Roll: 1d20 + 41 ⇒ (2) + 41 = 43; Damage: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (8, 4) + 30 = 42 nonlethal
Attack Roll: 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (12) + 36 = 48; Damage: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (8, 3) + 30 = 41 nonlethal

Autohypnosis check: 1d20 + 47 ⇒ (15) + 47 = 62


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel had made her entrance, not paying much attention to her immediate surroundings.

the door opened and Mel had stepped out right in-between Arthur's arms as he was investigating the cylinder.

she turns to go into the infirmary is suddenly face-to-face, and practically lip-locked with Arthur.

Mel blushes a little, guess you really did miss me.

beyond Mel through the open door, Arthur can see inside the cylinder. which is way bigger on the inside. it leads to a room that is exactly the same as the Simulation.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Fascinating the space has a shrunken exterior without the acompanying shrunken interior, the power involved in this device is astounding, on the magnitude of collapsing stars or siphoned energy from other universes, but how to open-eh? Mels? Mel!" He says as she appears practically within his arms and he picks her up twirling her in the air, a look of joy in his bag laiden eyes "you're ok!"


Image
Tryko'Sam wrote:

Miss Jones' Office

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
"Oooookay. Well, good news, you're not a fixed point. But you are not when you belong. I'm not sure if you came forward or backwards, and I'm pretty sure you're not even in the right universe," Andromeda said, biting her lip as she tried to figure out what she was seeing. "Sorry. It's hard to be exact. Temporal dislocation is not an exact science. Probably. Well, at least it's not now. As far as I know."

Tryko'Sam looks up from the scarf and the hourglass eyes with a puzzled expression, "Well, I was floating in space for a long time prior to here. Does that matter? When that Vare guy did his last spell while I was a captive, I knew I suddenly was in space again-- somewhere, but not sure where, before folks showed up in the Mechs to bubble me and carry me back, I think I got sick in that bubble. I know I moved time and space in between the pickup and suffocating on the way back to the isolation and Maya, plus SIM Room 3. Sorry to be a hassle if this is, just -- I really think that thing did a whack job on my brain and what else. I know I don't feel normal."

He makes a light frown after all that, concerned.

If Miss Jones still has her Sense Enchantment going, she would see the effect on Tryko'Sam flare ever so lightly. It's clearly powerful, but very obscure. I also remembered something. Sent you a PM, Lynora.

Kno(arcana) 1d20 + 44 ⇒ (3) + 44 = 47


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Tryko'Sam wrote:

Miss Jones' Office

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
"Oooookay. Well, good news, you're not a fixed point. But you are not when you belong. I'm not sure if you came forward or backwards, and I'm pretty sure you're not even in the right universe," Andromeda said, biting her lip as she tried to figure out what she was seeing. "Sorry. It's hard to be exact. Temporal dislocation is not an exact science. Probably. Well, at least it's not now. As far as I know."

Tryko'Sam looks up from the scarf and the hourglass eyes with a puzzled expression, "Well, I was floating in space for a long time prior to here. Does that matter? When that Vare guy did his last spell while I was a captive, I knew I suddenly was in space again-- somewhere, but not sure where, before folks showed up in the Mechs to bubble me and carry me back, I think I got sick in that bubble. I know I moved time and space in between the pickup and suffocating on the way back to the isolation and Maya, plus SIM Room 3. Sorry to be a hassle if this is, just -- I really think that thing did a whack job on my brain and what else. I know I don't feel normal."

He makes a light frown after all that, concerned.

If Miss Jones still has her Sense Enchantment going, she would see the effect on Tryko'Sam flare ever so lightly. It's clearly powerful, but very obscure. I also remembered something. Sent you a PM, Lynora.

"Well, wherever and whenever you're from, it sounds like you came the long way round. But no, it's not just the fact that time passed. You have the wrong temporal signature. Not sure how else to explain that. At some point you fell through a crack in space and time. You're not leaking artron energy, but it probably had plenty of time to bleed off if the trip took that long."

"If this thing, whatever it was, did something to you, it would be totally separate from your temporal issues. And really, that's what we're trying to isolate now anyways. Figure out what it did to you so we can fix it. But I'm not much good with that," she said with an apologetic shrug. "So I'll be shutting up now and not interrupting the expert anymore."


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Elektra Kalama wrote:


"You think they're under attack? I mean, from what I hear, stuff tries to attack the school pretty often. And the town. No reason the factories would be any different," Elektra said, as she tried to figure out what all the different readings and such actually meant. She was still just starting to study the manuals for this stuff.
He nods as she speaks. "It's entirely possible. Not a whole lot of heat signatures, so the workers must have bailed, or the FLiR can't penetrate certain areas of the buildings. I'm not too familiar with the layout, yet, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at. This 'dome' here is interesting...dunno if it's alive or what. But whatever's happening, the radio seems to be affected. So, fly away and see if we can get radio contact, or land outside of town and go in on foot. You call it."

Elektra grinned. "Wanna know the best thing about telepathy? People who jam radio signals usually forget about it entirely," she said. "Fido and Phoenix are having the same trouble we are. And Fido says we should land and go in on foot. He says they'll meet us there. He wants to pick a different landing zone just in case. Apparently it's only paranoia if they're not actually out to get you," she added, rolling her eyes.


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:

That provokes an AoO from Guard 2. Which I will resolve before I resolve the attack. (No worries. This guy can't seem to actually do anything right right now.)

The guard that has been attempting to pull Ardiente off of Lord del Sol sticks out a foot to trip Fei as he goes past.
CMB: 1d20+37
CMD isn't listed on Fei's sheet, but I'm gonna assume that's a no on the trip attempt.

Apologies for that, Lyn. Your assumption is correct, though - the trip attempt did not succeed.

narrator wrote:

Fei's blow lands successfully on Lord del Sol.

1d20+ 28
And Lord del Sol's eyes glaze over a bit as he is in fact stunned.

Hoping that his successful attack on Lord del Sol will give Ardiente the chance to restrain and incapacitate him, Fei tries to...persuade the final guard to bow out of this conflict.

Flurry of Blows against the last guard, utilizing Dragon Strikes the Waves to attack against his Touch AC.

Attack Roll: 1d20+46; Damage: 2d8+30 nonlethal; Critical Confirmation Roll: 1d20+46; Additional Damage if confirmed: 2d8+30 nonlethal
Attack Roll: 1d20+46; Damage: 2d8+30 nonlethal
Attack Roll: 1d20+41; Damage: 2d8+30 nonlethal
Attack Roll: 1d20+41; Damage: 2d8+30 nonlethal
Attack Roll: 1d20+36; Damage: 2d8+30 nonlethal

Autohypnosis check: 1d20+47

The last guard falls to the ground unconscious. With no ability to fight back at the moment, Lord del Sol soon follows suit as Ardiente chokes him out.

Jiminy drops the silence effect.

"Fei, if I open a portal, can you send the wild magic swirling around here through it so it doesn't end up blowing up half the countryside?"

"Ardiente, Alev, radio to Sunbeam. We need him to come collect the prisoners. His mech has a force bubble containment unit that should be just what we need to safely transport the prisoners back to base."


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Elektra Kalama wrote:


Elektra grinned. "Wanna know the best thing about telepathy? People who jam radio signals usually forget about it entirely," she said. "Fido and Phoenix are having the same trouble we are. And Fido says we should land and go in on foot. He says they'll meet us there. He wants to pick a different landing zone just in case. Apparently it's only paranoia if they're not actually out to get you," she added, rolling her eyes.

He pauses a second, chewing on the knowledge of the implications of telepathy a those ranges.

"Alright, tell him we'll land south of town out about a click." He then turns the ship, and does just that.


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Ephebe wrote:


::That sounds wonderful. It's been a tense evening. Thankfully not a tragic one. Exactly. I'll explain when I get there,:: she replied. She sounded tired.

::Very well. I've already told them I'm coming to get food for us. They didn't sound happy for some reason.:: She can easily sense his amusement.


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
"oh hmm ok" anyone within a short distance of the rainbow begin to hear a deep purring emanating within the large creature beside The self proclaimed doctor "uh hmmm whaaaat maakes you saay thaat? You reaamber your life nd stuff?"

"Of course I remember my life! I'm one of the locals. Always have been. Also always knew a lot about medicine."

the woman continues to run her hand through rainbow's wing.


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
Marcell Harmonious wrote:
Zix wrote:
Marcell Harmonious wrote:
Zix wrote:
:: not bad for a first attempt. How do you feel?::
"Uhm... The same as before?"
::no fatigue, head ache, dizziness or burning sensation?:: he nods and thinks :: have you noticed any changes in your rune?::
"... No, it's the same as it always is."
you hear a contemplative mental tone in your mind ::that is somewhat surprising. Good, but surprising. The symptoms listed off are common symptoms of channeling energies in excess of what your body is used to or depleting your internal reserves, depending on the way in which you access the energy used to fuel your spell casting, internally, externally or some combination of both:: he pauses to see that you understand before continuing :: the fact that you do not yet expirence these symptoms or otherwise feel off indicates that you should be able to practice for longer before you pause for rest. Which is good, because you are definitely in need of more practice::

Marcell rubs the back if his head.

"Yeah.. um, do you mind giving me an abjuration spell to try?",

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

He raises an eyebrow ridge before the bookshelf adjacent to the one you were in unlocks itself ::bottom shelf, pearl finish:: Shield spell


Figment Narrator 20
yet nameless. wrote:
The yellow boxes wrote:
"oh hmm ok" anyone within a short distance of the rainbow begin to hear a deep purring emanating within the large creature beside The self proclaimed doctor "uh hmmm whaaaat maakes you saay thaat? You reaamber your life nd stuff?"

"Of course I remember my life! I'm one of the locals. Always have been. Also always knew a lot about medicine."

the woman continues to run her hand through rainbow's wing.

"locals meaning from this world?" he says before visibly shuddering at her rubbing of his wing "where is the medic here, I was told to come here to get this cast removed...if they don't hurry I'll just break the cast on a wall and be done with it"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
yet nameless. wrote:
The yellow boxes wrote:
"oh hmm ok" anyone within a short distance of the rainbow begin to hear a deep purring emanating within the large creature beside The self proclaimed doctor "uh hmmm whaaaat maakes you saay thaat? You reaamber your life nd stuff?"

"Of course I remember my life! I'm one of the locals. Always have been. Also always knew a lot about medicine."

the woman continues to run her hand through rainbow's wing.
"locals meaning from this world?" he says before visibly shuddering at her rubbing of his wing "where is the medic here, I was told to come here to get this cast removed...if they don't hurry I'll just break the cast on a wall and be done with it"

"No, no. I'm from our home. The place that isn't so scary."

the woman isn't takes a finger And runs it across the cast like a claw, before pausing, and looking around for something sharp.
"One minute. Ill get it off when I find a subsitute claw."


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
He raises an eyebrow ridge before the bookshelf adjacent to the one you were in unlocks itself ::bottom shelf, pearl finish:: Shield spell

Marcell eagerly fetches the book.

"I've been reading up on abjuration. I think I can grt this right..."
Marcell mumbles the words, and a shield springs into existance- visible, unlike the normal spell, looking like foggy glass. In reality, it is quite possibly the most inefficient shield spell ever cast, composed of nothing but a massive amount of magical energy, held so densely as to slow objects. Marcell smiles And throws his hands up.
"Yes! It worked!"
dispite the amount if magic he just put into the spell, he doesn't seem phased.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

The last guard falls to the ground unconscious. With no ability to fight back at the moment, Lord del Sol soon follows suit as Ardiente chokes him out.

Jiminy drops the silence effect.

"Fei, if I open a portal, can you send the wild magic swirling around here through it so it doesn't end up blowing up half the countryside?"

"Ardiente, Alev, radio to Sunbeam. We need him to come collect the prisoners. His mech has a force bubble containment unit that should be just what we need to safely transport the prisoners back to base."

"I was about to ask all of you to leave so I could try to absorb the magic, but I think your idea has much better merit," Fei replies as he moves over to the outer edge of the circle. "If you open a portal, I will try to 'shunt' the energies through my body and through the portal. How long will you be able to keep it open for me?"

"Also, perhaps we should administer sedatives from our shuttle medical kits to the two spellcasters to ensure they remain unconscious while we transport them."

Now that the silence effect is down, Fei starts receiving an alert from his neural lace, coming from his nanites along the 'power corridor'. There has been a power failure of some kind at the factory, and the nearest pylons have gone into a standby security mode, isolating themselves from the facility (and the rest of the corridor) as a precaution. The odd thing is that the communication has come from the mid-line of the corridor, as there seems to be some kind of signal interference in the area around the factory.

"Hmm."


Figment Narrator 20
yet nameless. wrote:
The yellow boxes wrote:
yet nameless. wrote:
The yellow boxes wrote:
"oh hmm ok" anyone within a short distance of the rainbow begin to hear a deep purring emanating within the large creature beside The self proclaimed doctor "uh hmmm whaaaat maakes you saay thaat? You reaamber your life nd stuff?"

"Of course I remember my life! I'm one of the locals. Always have been. Also always knew a lot about medicine."

the woman continues to run her hand through rainbow's wing.
"locals meaning from this world?" he says before visibly shuddering at her rubbing of his wing "where is the medic here, I was told to come here to get this cast removed...if they don't hurry I'll just break the cast on a wall and be done with it"

"No, no. I'm from our home. The place that isn't so scary."

the woman isn't takes a finger And runs it across the cast like a claw, before pausing, and looking around for something sharp.
"One minute. Ill get it off when I find a subsitute claw."

"wait.. How could you practice medicine in the void" he asks, his voice seeming to echo the final word despite there being nowhere near enough space for it to reasonably do so "there was basically no one there?"

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

Zix frowns :: you are relying too much on raw power and not enough on the structure of the spell, it needs to be rigid, remember this is pure magical force, you don't have to worry about the crumpling cushion metallic armor requires, utilize the full strength of the magic you place into the spell. That said this is rather impressive for a first go at the spell. Most people have an easier time with evocations of in some cases illusions, as the key to lower level evocations is the visualization of the effect, and most people have a rather easy time picturing a wave of fire coming from their hands:: his mental voice is tinged with amused derision. ::visualizing a ward and the interlocking structure within it and then maintaining that visual for a neigh invisible shield is hard for most neophytes. That being said, your shield is distorting too much, a sign that parts of it are fighting other parts and he resonance can be spotted with the naked eye. Now then for practice I want you to try to correct that visual and hold the spell for as long as possible.:: he says and opens a drawr on his desk with three counterclockwise twists on the nob and pulls out a pocket watch to hand it to him.


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
yet nameless. wrote:
The yellow boxes wrote:
yet nameless. wrote:
The yellow boxes wrote:
"oh hmm ok" anyone within a short distance of the rainbow begin to hear a deep purring emanating within the large creature beside The self proclaimed doctor "uh hmmm whaaaat maakes you saay thaat? You reaamber your life nd stuff?"

"Of course I remember my life! I'm one of the locals. Always have been. Also always knew a lot about medicine."

the woman continues to run her hand through rainbow's wing.
"locals meaning from this world?" he says before visibly shuddering at her rubbing of his wing "where is the medic here, I was told to come here to get this cast removed...if they don't hurry I'll just break the cast on a wall and be done with it"

"No, no. I'm from our home. The place that isn't so scary."

the woman isn't takes a finger And runs it across the cast like a claw, before pausing, and looking around for something sharp.
"One minute. Ill get it off when I find a subsitute claw."
"wait.. How could you practice medicine in the void" he asks, his voice seeming to echo the final word despite there being nowhere near enough space for it to reasonably do so "there was basically no one there?"

"There's tons of people there! Just so big there you rarely meet them. Anyway, I never said I practiced medicine. Just knew it."

she seems blissfully unaware of how odd that is, as she prods around before finding a small pair of scissors


Figment Narrator 20

"soooooooo how do you know the medicine....?" he asks eyeing the scissors warily.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13
Morrivan wrote:
Silinrul wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
"Morrivan. And sure. At least, I probably shouldn't be by myself right now," she agreed. "And, uh, sorry about that. Igni just really irritates me. Raelle swears he's not a bad person, but I think she's being overly generous."
Sil shrugs "You don't have to be sorry. There's nothing wrong with not liking him. You can't be friends with everyone."
She snorted. "Well, that's true. It just seems like lately the list of people I can't be friends with is growing. I'm...not in the best place these days," she said with a shrug, her expression going flat.

hey, you can be friends with me! I'll even respond to you despite your lack of proper breeding... Er that is...ignore that last bit I'm one of the not racist ones, yes.


Female Avalon Professor

Miss Jones' Office

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"Well, wherever and whenever you're from, it sounds like you came the long way round. But no, it's not just the fact that time passed. You have the wrong temporal signature. Not sure how else to explain that. At some point you fell through a crack in space and time. You're not leaking artron energy, but it probably had plenty of time to bleed off if the trip took that long."

"If this thing, whatever it was, did something to you, it would be totally separate from your temporal issues. And really, that's what we're trying to isolate now anyways....

This gives Andromeda an odd introspective and thoughtful look from Tryko'Sam, while Maya seems to be studying Miss Jones who's considering something she'd just witnessed.

Then glancing back, Maya says, "While I don't quite grasp the change of appearance and then altered pupils-- which are no doubt a means to an end, this observation of temporal signatures, may I -- that's to say, are all the students here equally unique? This is quite the fascinating school. Much more elaborate and chaotic in nature than the university I once taught at and helped found with Tryko'Sam's assistance on my home world. Could you peek at me and see if I have that same temporal difference you see? We travelled here together, thus, if we're both off-- it stands to reason that our last ditch effort to stop those horrible Replicators may have utterly shunted us from our existence into another. Fascinating what happens when toying with black holes." She doesn't seem too thrilled by the thought, but curious, regardless.

Tryko'Sam remains thoughtful, glancing mostly at Andromeda as it's obvious on his features he's lost in some deep thought by all this.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Krays wrote:
Ephebe wrote:


::That sounds wonderful. It's been a tense evening. Thankfully not a tragic one. Exactly. I'll explain when I get there,:: she replied. She sounded tired.
::Very well. I've already told them I'm coming to get food for us. They didn't sound happy for some reason.:: She can easily sense his amusement.

It was hard to keep her outward expression neutral to hide her inner amusement. The cafeteria staff had been vaguely suspicious ever since Andromeda showed up. They seemed to think that the whole thing was a scam to get twice as much food.

Once Fi and the girls headed to the infirmary, cleared to visit Raelle now that she was safe, she closed her office, setting the alarm chime to alert her if anyone came looking for her, and headed for the nursery for some much needed time with the babies.


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

The last guard falls to the ground unconscious. With no ability to fight back at the moment, Lord del Sol soon follows suit as Ardiente chokes him out.

Jiminy drops the silence effect.

"Fei, if I open a portal, can you send the wild magic swirling around here through it so it doesn't end up blowing up half the countryside?"

"Ardiente, Alev, radio to Sunbeam. We need him to come collect the prisoners. His mech has a force bubble containment unit that should be just what we need to safely transport the prisoners back to base."

"I was about to ask all of you to leave so I could try to absorb the magic, but I think your idea has much better merit," Fei replies as he moves over to the outer edge of the circle. "If you open a portal, I will try to 'shunt' the energies through my body and through the portal. How long will you be able to keep it open for me?"

"Also, perhaps we should administer sedatives from our shuttle medical kits to the two spellcasters to ensure they remain unconscious while we transport them."

Now that the silence effect is down, Fei starts receiving an alert from his neural lace, coming from his nanites along the 'power corridor'. There has been a power failure of some kind at the factory, and the nearest pylons have gone into a standby security mode, isolating themselves from the facility (and the rest of the corridor) as a precaution. The odd thing is that the communication has come from the mid-line of the corridor, as there seems to be some kind of signal interference in the area around the factory.

"Hmm."

"That's a good idea about the sedatives. Ardiente, you radio for Sunbeam to come collect the prisoners. Alev, you go and get the med kit and make sure that those two stay unconscious. No accidentally on purpose giving them too much. We're not going to kill them. Pretty sure that's Sorchan's job" he muttered under his breath.

"I can keep the portal open for a minute and a half without trying too hard, Fei. Anything after that and I'm gonna start taking damage from it. Only so far I can bend the rules of magic before they start to bite me. Let me know when you're ready."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Maya Rhys wrote:

Miss Jones' Office

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"Well, wherever and whenever you're from, it sounds like you came the long way round. But no, it's not just the fact that time passed. You have the wrong temporal signature. Not sure how else to explain that. At some point you fell through a crack in space and time. You're not leaking artron energy, but it probably had plenty of time to bleed off if the trip took that long."

"If this thing, whatever it was, did something to you, it would be totally separate from your temporal issues. And really, that's what we're trying to isolate now anyways....

This gives Andromeda an odd introspective and thoughtful look from Tryko'Sam, while Maya seems to be studying Miss Jones who's considering something she'd just witnessed.

Then glancing back, Maya says, "While I don't quite grasp the change of appearance and then altered pupils-- which are no doubt a means to an end, this observation of temporal signatures, may I -- that's to say, are all the students here equally unique? This is quite the fascinating school. Much more elaborate and chaotic in nature than the university I once taught at and helped found with Tryko'Sam's assistance on my home world. Could you peek at me and see if I have that same temporal difference you see? We travelled here together, thus, if we're both off-- it stands to reason that our last ditch effort to stop those horrible Replicators may have utterly shunted us from our existence into another. Fascinating what happens when toying with black holes." She doesn't seem too thrilled by the thought, but curious, regardless.

Tryko'Sam remains thoughtful, glancing mostly at Andromeda as it's obvious on his features he's lost in some deep thought by all this.

"It's a trick I learned from my mom actually. The eyes I mean. It's easier to use draconic abilities in proper form, but who wants to shift their whole body when all you need is the eyes? It's inefficient. The other thing is...complicated. It's something special I can do. And yeah, I can totally look at you too and see if your temporal signature matches Tryko'Sam's," she said agreeably, doing just that.


Image

Spellcraft 1d20 + 44 ⇒ (11) + 44 = 55

"Yes, you will find that the majority of the students here are quite unique. Some of them more powerful than others, but most of them would be considered monsters by the standards of 'ordinary' people. Many of them have experienced a great deal of trauma already in their lives. Or they are simply lashing out because that is part of growing up and learning to become independent, but because they are so powerful their lashing out can have lasting consequences. Others struggle to control their powers, sometimes with tragic results. And all of them are here to learn in a safe environment where they can have something at least approximating a normal life. I've never come across another place like this in all the traveling I did before I became a teacher here. I believe it is also rather unique," she said, calmly answering Professor Rhys's question as she continued to study Tryko'Sam.
"I believe that the enchantment that exists in Tryko'Sam's cells was placed there by someone else. Just now it was giving and receiving feedback from somewhere. The complicated nature of the spell suggests that he may have submitted to it willingly at some point, although that is pure conjecture at this point," she continued in the same calm tone.


Female Avalon Professor

Maya Rhys clearly doesn't have the same 'temporal' issue that Tryko'Sam has, she's clearly of this Universe, or has done something to mimic whatever the temporal eyesight would see to make it seem so.

She looks sideways towards Andromeda, bemused at the attention while asking, "On the off chance, my dear, Ms. Sunwake, you happen to see something particular-- and a kind reminder about one's age being a non-discussed topic, you'll find a polite way to speak of it, I trust?"

She ends that with a smile.

Signature achieved!


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo

She struggled into a sitting position as the nanites did their work and she felt more clear-headed as the drugs were cleansed from her system. "Dad," she croaked as she saw him standing at the end of her bed.
"It's alright, Raelle. You're safe now," he said, echoing Pyra's previous statement. Pyra was still clutching Raelle's hand tightly, reassuring herself that her little girl was in fact safe and here.
"I remember...there was a little boy. He told me that Chara had rolled outside the wards on one of her contraptions. I went. I know I was supposed to stay inside the wards, but I though..."
"No one is blaming you for this, Raelle," Pyra said quietly.
Raelle nodded, trying not to cry. "There were...guards. Four of them I think. They grabbed me. They....they were wearing the del Sol insignia...and then I don't know what happened," she finished, silently pleading with them to fill in the blanks.
"James was there when they found you. Fieri relayed as much information as she was able to get from him," Sorchan said quietly. "It was my parents who took you. They had you bound in the center of some sort of ritual circle conducting a spell. A very long spell. It would seem that they have been using powerful magics to brainwash their guards," he said bitterly. "It's possible that they planned the same for you. We don't know without more information. But you were retrieved before the spell could be finished. That's all we know for now."
Raelle shuddered, and Pyra put an arm around her to comfort her. "It's alright, sweetheart. It's alright. It didn't happen. We have you back now, and you're alright," she said gently.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Maya Rhys wrote:

Maya Rhys clearly doesn't have the same 'temporal' issue that Tryko'Sam has, she's clearly of this Universe, or has done something to mimic whatever the temporal eyesight would see to make it seem so.

She looks sideways towards Andromeda, bemused at the attention while asking, "On the off chance, my dear, Ms. Sunwake, you happen to see something particular-- and a kind reminder about one's age being a non-discussed topic, you'll find a polite way to speak of it, I trust?"

She ends that with a smile.

Signature achieved!

Andromeda looked puzzled. "Well, first of all, your temporal signature appears to be entirely normal. Like you actually belong in this universe. So that's a bit of strangeness. And second, why is age a non-discussed topic? Is this a human thing? Because of the crazy short lifespan?"


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

"That's a good idea about the sedatives. Ardiente, you radio for Sunbeam to come collect the prisoners. Alev, you go and get the med kit and make sure that those two stay unconscious. No accidentally on purpose giving them too much. We're not going to kill them. Pretty sure that's Sorchan's job" he muttered under his breath.

"I can keep the portal open for a minute and a half without trying too hard, Fei. Anything after that and I'm gonna start taking damage from it. Only so far I can bend the rules of magic before they start to bite me. Let me know when you're ready."

"I will make sure you do not exceed that time limit, then," Fei replies with a respectful nod as he raises his arms. He points one splayed hand at the circle, and the other toward one of the walls with nobody currently around it (making sure to not block any immediate exit route). His body settles into a centered, ready stance.

"I am ready."


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

'Scorch' nods, and radios Sunbeam If I have to go to my shuttle first, I will, giving him a brief recap of the events that transpired, and letting him know what we need him for.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock

"Copy that, over." he lands, and picks up the unconscious forms gingerly with the mecha's hands, and places them in containment units on the waist as ordered.
"Sunbeam to Boss. Where am I taking these asshats, over?"


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Ephebe wrote:
Krays wrote:
Ephebe wrote:


::That sounds wonderful. It's been a tense evening. Thankfully not a tragic one. Exactly. I'll explain when I get there,:: she replied. She sounded tired.
::Very well. I've already told them I'm coming to get food for us. They didn't sound happy for some reason.:: She can easily sense his amusement.

It was hard to keep her outward expression neutral to hide her inner amusement. The cafeteria staff had been vaguely suspicious ever since Andromeda showed up. They seemed to think that the whole thing was a scam to get twice as much food.

Once Fi and the girls headed to the infirmary, cleared to visit Raelle now that she was safe, she closed her office, setting the alarm chime to alert her if anyone came looking for her, and headed for the nursery for some much needed time with the babies.

Krays will arrive later, with a food warmer bag of holding. He gives her a warm kiss, then starts laying out pans covered in foil.

"I didn't know if you were ready for lasagna again or not, so I asked for various of these enchiladas..? this time. There's beef, chicken and pork... They smell to die for."


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

"That's a good idea about the sedatives. Ardiente, you radio for Sunbeam to come collect the prisoners. Alev, you go and get the med kit and make sure that those two stay unconscious. No accidentally on purpose giving them too much. We're not going to kill them. Pretty sure that's Sorchan's job" he muttered under his breath.

"I can keep the portal open for a minute and a half without trying too hard, Fei. Anything after that and I'm gonna start taking damage from it. Only so far I can bend the rules of magic before they start to bite me. Let me know when you're ready."

"I will make sure you do not exceed that time limit, then," Fei replies with a respectful nod as he raises his arms. He points one splayed hand at the circle, and the other toward one of the walls with nobody currently around it (making sure to not block any immediate exit route). His body settles into a centered, ready stance.

"I am ready."

Jiminy opens a portal in the wall to an area of deep space with nothing but asteroids in it, keeping half of his concentration on keeping the portal stable while he fielded questions from the other members of the team.

"Take them to the firebird encampment outside Avalon. And release them into the custody of Sorchan del Sol. He'll meet you there. And go easy on the guards. They're not in control of their actions. There's a chance they'll never be in control of their actions again. Won't know for sure until I've had a chance to examine their spell book more closely. But prospects aren't great. And those are family members of your fellow pilots, Sunbeam. Something to be aware of, over," he replied on the radio while Fei funneled the magical energies through the portal.

75,201 to 75,250 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | 1508 | 1509 | 1510 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.