The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


75,151 to 75,200 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1499 | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | 1508 | 1509 | next > last >>

Kuros, Jiminy Factories

Wall of Text:
"I'm telling you, Bobus, I saw something moving back there-- this has been going on for a few days now. I'm not losing it, I haven't gotten hit on the head in all these attacks to date, there's something going on." Frankus said to Bobus as they walked past the windows revealing shuttles flying off on their rescue missions.

Bobus chuckled at his co-worker, who'd only been with the Factories for about a month, but they did hit it off right away-- on account of their names, obviously. Bobus believed in the power of names, and when the Universe put you in sync with another, that was telling.

"Now you lissen 'ere, Frankus, there ain't notin gonin on that the Boss, Jiminy, ain't aware of and ain't planned for. He's the real deal, he is, tinks of everehthin. He sure does, right smart fellah he is. Heck, this one time--"

Bobus went silent, as there was suddenly a loss of power to practically all the building around him, while Frankus squealed slightly in fear, grabbing onto his name friend's sleeve.

It didn't help that night was encroaching and added to shadows being thrown around.

Sure there'd been power losses, now and then, but often that was resolved real quick. This one felt different-- especially on the heels of Frankus' earlier comments. His mind didn't help quell the fears.

A shifting noise of sorts, almost the sound of metal sliding on metal, but enmass, could be heard. In the corner of his eyes, and clearly Frankus', the shadows and motions at the edge of sight, drew them both into further fear.

Then they heard a scream...

...to be continued!


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:
Fei is able to pin Lady del Sol, although she remains conscious.

Fei moves to put some distance between himself and Lady del Sol and her guardian (who then gets restrained by James' 'goo gun'). In doing so, however, he does move a bit more into Lord del Sol's field of view.

Grapple check utilizing greater grapple to both move and maintain his pin/apply nonlethal damage (for an eventual knockout): 1d20+38

** spoiler omitted **

Damage: 2d8+30+30 nonlethal

The guards took one more shot at pulling Ardiente off of Lord del Sol.

1d20 + 39 ⇒ (10) + 39 = 49
But he proved too squirmy to get a proper grip on and continued to assault his former lord with blows to the face and midsection.

Meanwhile, Lady del Sol went limp in Fei's grip as she lost consciousness.

And a very bloody Alev was thrown down from the hay loft landing 1d20 ⇒ 12 on the floor after hitting the ladder a few times on the way down. He was badly hurt and unconscious.
Ollifer jumped down after him, hurt, but not badly.


Phaezeriel wrote:
narrator wrote:
"Ummm...okay. I...uhhh...I was in the nursery just now. The eggs have been singing. Well, I mean, obviously not real singing. They can't sing. They're eggs. But they replay all the songs we've played for them in their minds and sort of share them around among each other. They were singing one that you taught them last week. It...to be honest it was a really, really annoying song and their parents are probably not going to thank you for that one, but the babies really love it," Vai babbled on about the very first details that came to mind. Nothing like being commanded to talk to someone to make your mind go totally and completely blank.

Autohypnosis: 1d20+24.

At the reminder of the dragon eggs, Phaezeriel's eyes flare a brighter red. But the sound of Vai's voice, and the memories her words evoke go to great lengths to calm his mind. As she talks, he seems to bring more of his inner self under control. Some of the red leeches out of his eyes, silver flowing in to replace it, and his breathing slows though it remains labored.

His body, on the other hand, continues to pulsate, stretch, and deform. His arms, legs, and wings deflate like empty balloons. The skin over the rest of his body continues to writhe and swell, and it stretches to nearly seven feet in length.

Phaezeriel is able to communicate a few times, and Vai learns that the Demon side of Ginni roused his Demonic impulses until they were the only thing driving him. She also learns that Demon-Ginni also triggered another physical change. Shortly after that, the swelling of his body absorbs his head and the skin hardens into a thick chitinous membrane, and all communication from him ceases.

Vai looks helplessly from the cocoon containing Phaeze to Ginni writhing on the hospital bed as her body transformed. She didn't even know if the Ginni that woke up would be the good one or the bad one. What was she supposed to do? Ask the Headmaster for help? No, the last time Phaeze had just yelled at him and sent him away. Grandma. She should get Grandma. Ryleh would know what to do. Probably. At least she would be very calm while she didn't know what to do, which was almost the same thing. And she had been helpful the last time. So maybe it would work twice.


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo

Infirmary

She tried to open her eyes, but they felt so heavy. She tried again. It was hard to focus. She thought she saw a shape. She tried to look. She couldn't move her limbs because they were too heavy.

"Raelle? Can you hear me sweetheart?" a familiar voice asked.

"Mom?" she croaked, not sure anymore if she was dreaming or awake.

"Shh, it's okay honey. You're safe now. Don't try to move just yet. They're still trying to flush the drugs out of your system. You're back at the school now and safe," Pyra said, sounding reassuring right up until she burst into tears. She had been so afraid she would never see her baby again.


Image

"It's just a bunch of cows," she said quietly, turning back to Ghalen after peeking in the window of the barn. "I mean, I guess somebody could be hiding in with all the cows, but..." she shrugged.

The radio flared to life again. "Grunt, this is HQ. Confirm site 5 is hot and that the objective has been retrieved, over."


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:

The guards took one more shot at pulling Ardiente off of Lord del Sol.

1d20+39
But he proved too squirmy to get a proper grip on and continued to assault his former lord with blows to the face and midsection.

Meanwhile, Lady del Sol went limp in Fei's grip as she lost consciousness.

And a very bloody Alev was thrown down from the hay loft landing 1d20 on the floor after hitting the ladder a few times on the way down. He was badly hurt and unconscious.
Ollifer jumped down after him, hurt, but not badly.

Upon seeing one of his new comrades unconscious and sorely injured, the young Champion of Courage tosses Lady del Sol's body away like a rag doll to land at James' feet.

::Please encase her in that goo while she is still unconscious:: he thinks to his now-commander. ::I will try to heal Happy to better our odds....and hopefully draw the guardsmen into attacking me instead of you::

Fei then closes the distance to Alev (at speed) in order to aid his fallen teammate.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Elektra Kalama wrote:

"It's just a bunch of cows," she said quietly, turning back to Ghalen after peeking in the window of the barn. "I mean, I guess somebody could be hiding in with all the cows, but..." she shrugged.

The radio flared to life again. "Grunt, this is HQ. Confirm site 5 is hot and that the objective has been retrieved, over."

He answers Elektra with a shrug of his own. When the message comes in...

"Copy that, HQ. Orders?"


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Has anybody filled Ardiente in as to what else is going on around him? I doubt he's too aware as he's pummeling Lord del Sol


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Based on what he can see in his peripheral vision, Ardiente should be aware that Raelle was taken out of the circle and that Lady del Sol is unconscious. He would not have seen Alev fall or Ollifer jump down.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

not sure if Arthur had any additional input so will post what happens next

After a few moments a side of the cylinder opens up and Mel steps out. still in her school uniform but also wearing a wide brimmed straw hat.

Hey everyone, Thanks for the help. Mel seems rather chipper

sense motive DC 20:

but one that knows her well, can tell that she is hiding something that most likely is rather upsetting to her.


Male Humanoid

Miss Jones Office

Miss Jones wrote:
"Yes, there are plenty of people who are naturally charismatic. This does not produce an enchantment aura. I am simply trying to determine if it was something done to you, which needs to be undone, or some part of your own natural abilities, in which case you should be enrolled in my class so you can learn to control it. And yes, if you would be so good as to fetch Professor Rhys, I would appreciate that," she said primly.

Without much more being said, Tryko'Sam nods at the two females in the room and bounds off, clearly a bit chipper in his step-- the scarf clearly working, or the assistance thus far bolstering his resolve more. It's not every day that two intelligent and gracious women help after what he'd gone through.

Unless much occurs in the in-between of his going off and finding Professor Rhys, then leading her back this way, there's a knocking on the door after it was shut in his leaving, upon his return.

Once the door opens, he gestures for someone else to walk in first.

Professor Maya Rhys:
A late twenties, early thirty in appearance, human female. Average looking in nearly every possible way, healthy, about five feet and ten inches in height, dark brown hair, hazel eyes. Athletic figure, decent shape, certainly not a super model by any stretch. Appears clean and well groomed, no discernible beauty marks or skin alterations. No jewelry either.

Certainly non-threatening and calm in her demeanor. Looks around with intelligence and patience surveying her surroundings. Extremely quiet except when speaking, and then with an aristocratic English accent. Very easy to ignore or dismiss, blending in well with any setting.

She's dressed in a fairly Victorian looking outfit, though it doesn't obscure her figure's shape, it certainly does not display her skin inappropriately. No neck piece on this outfit, and her hair is done up in a behind the back top of head, in an angle, sophisticated 'school marm' top with little curls hanging down the sides.

Immediately upon walking in, she seems quite taken in by both of the other ladies, dons the faintest of smiles on her lips, and moves in and out of the way. She might have gone for a brief courtesy, but seemed to think better of it and seeming more 'teacher' after the choice.

Tryko'Sam motions to Maya and says, "My friend Maya Rhys. May-- uh, Professor Rhys, this is Andromeda Sunwake and Professor Jones, who's first name I never caught."

Unless there were any 'social events' in the past week and a day or so, Maya didn't actively go out and 'greet' everyone, though she did wander some-- likely they haven't met previously.

Maya says, "Charmed." Then gives both a polite nod in greeting. Her hands are folded at her standing waist. "I understand," saying with some humour in her tone, "there's some topic I can assist with regarding this student, Tryko'Sam?"

This elicits a smirk from Tryko'Sam's features, and he motions to the chair he was in previously, not wanting to sit when others in the room aren't.


Kuros, Jiminy Factories

When The Cats Are Away...:
At first, a minor shriek, one of the administrative staff from the main offices that handles paperwork and such.

Then, in the main work area, more shouts of confusion and one of pain, as someone attempted heroically, to 'stomp' out of a mix of courage and fight, versus flight.

Throughout Factory One, however, and shortly thereafter, Factory Two, more and more 'things' start shifting from out of the shadows, or moving from where they were in a state of hibernation, becoming four legged, dog sized, 'block looking', insects that immediately move with a silent and unified purpose.

Theadus, in the main engineering area, and near the main power plant, is chased off after failing to 'shoo' away with hands, and then watching as the spit from one starts melting away at his favorite spanner-- he's no warrior! By the time he starts fleeing and teling his people to get out, they've already made it to the main power cells and clambered atop it. Some five of these bugs.

In the crafting room, where the largely metallic and other 'high tech' parts for the shuttle are built up, and stored nearby, they go to clamber atop any containers with the raw nano-carbon tubes storage, along with the metal sheets and the very containers themselves. One of these things even melts through a wall going into the main piping and heating ducks.

The lights dropped out immediately after a flicker, chaos starts to ensue. Unless the systems are on some magical process for announcing an invasion of shape shifting, in-organic consuming creatures with intent to get to all the tech, it's through the screaming and shouts, primarily, that anyone knows what's happening.

They do appear to have some intelligence, for nearly immediately after the initial black out, any and all radio transmissions through devices on the grounds, would soon be shut down, or jammed-- using the tech of the facility itself.

Thankfully, or due to the nature of Factory Three, no screams or reports are heard yet-- The Mech Factory might still be 'safe', but there's no real coordination within the first few minutes of the assault, to know one way or another.

Frankus and Bobus, luckily-- are seen running out, they happened to get chased off after another one of those bug things did a zap of lightning, or something, and soon enough, they heard about the acid spit too!

Bobus, "Oh man, Frankus, part o' me wants to see how the Boss handles this, but the other part o' me, just wants to high tail it further out, I'm so torn!" A bit of bragging on his part, he clearly wanted nothing to do with fighting. He made things, he didn't break them up-- usually.

Frankus replied while gasping for air, out of shape that he was when running along with a few other co-workers, "They shut the power-- they got most of us chased out, I don't think we have any appointed security, do we? Maybe ... maybe we should run to the town?"

Glancing towards Kuros, he knew they had gotten hit recently, and just the last week-- while amazing in the re-building, the strain on the nerves and all, probably the last thing this area needed again; more conflict. Frankus didn't know what to do, there wasn't any city guard, or appointed defacto person he knew of to help out here.

Night started to fall further, no fires ensued, and any shouts and cries from the Factories, soon died down as most of the personnel that didn't stop to fight, had fled to the outside and looked back at their place of employment. It was the end of the shift, too, so there weren't too many workers left.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Arthur Barren wrote:
"Well if you have a mass spectrometer and a material reference guide handy that'd save me the time. With just my nobots it will take a while before I can figure out what this is made up of and how to follow the trail of it... Whatever it is it's techno-organic. So there shouldn't be many false positives on anything we do to scan for it."

found this post I think it is referring to the piece of weapon that appeared when the bomb vanished.


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Elektra Kalama wrote:

"It's just a bunch of cows," she said quietly, turning back to Ghalen after peeking in the window of the barn. "I mean, I guess somebody could be hiding in with all the cows, but..." she shrugged.

The radio flared to life again. "Grunt, this is HQ. Confirm site 5 is hot and that the objective has been retrieved, over."

He answers Elektra with a shrug of his own. When the message comes in...

"Copy that, HQ. Orders?"

The radio signal abruptly cuts out.

Back at base, the crew is trying to figure out what damaged the radio towers. There is a lot of running about and checking things. Everything in the building seems alright, but they've lost the relay. And...there are an awful lot of people milling around outside the other buildings...

Ghalen's radio comes on again.
"Grunt, this is Fido. Have you got radio contact with base? They cut out suddenly."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:

The guards took one more shot at pulling Ardiente off of Lord del Sol.

1d20+39
But he proved too squirmy to get a proper grip on and continued to assault his former lord with blows to the face and midsection.

Meanwhile, Lady del Sol went limp in Fei's grip as she lost consciousness.

And a very bloody Alev was thrown down from the hay loft landing 1d20 on the floor after hitting the ladder a few times on the way down. He was badly hurt and unconscious.
Ollifer jumped down after him, hurt, but not badly.

Upon seeing one of his new comrades unconscious and sorely injured, the young Champion of Courage tosses Lady del Sol's body away like a rag doll to land at James' feet.

::Please encase her in that goo while she is still unconscious:: he thinks to his now-commander. ::I will try to heal Happy to better our odds....and hopefully draw the guardsmen into attacking me instead of you::

Fei then closes the distance to Alev (at speed) in order to aid his fallen teammate.

Jiminy shoots a goo ball at his unconscious grandmother-in-law. 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31 The goo encases her, ensuring that she won't be able to move at all even if she does wake up.

He shoots again, this time at the guard who tossed Alev down. 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42 Holy carp! That was literally the only way he was going to actually hit Ollifer! Nothing short of a nat 20 would do it and then only because a nat 20 always hits! o.O
Well, okay then. I'm thinking that shortens the rest of the combat considerably....
Ollifer is also encased in the hardened goo, unable to move a muscle.


Image

"It's Miss Jones actually. While Professor is the customary title, it is not my preferred one," Miss Jones said crisply, neatly avoiding the implied question about her first name. She returns Maya's polite nod. "A pleasure to meet you Professor Rhys. And yes, I wish to speak with you about Tryko'Sam," she said, pronouncing his name as if it pained her, as it always did when dealing with students who only had one name. She preferred to keep names at a polite distance, knowing how much power they had. "I'm sure you are aware that he has been having difficulties with destructive impulses of late. Rather severe impulses. The scarf I gave him was made for me. As a means of controlling ordinary destructive urges, it is a bit like swatting a fly with a bomb. The fact that he feels normal, rather than extremely meek and happy tells me that this imbalance was quite severe. And therefore is something that requires long term treatment once the source of it, whether psychological or otherwise, is discovered. But that is not the only anomaly that requires examination in the case of this student. He is, it appears, producing a rather powerful enchantment effect, on a cellular level. Which is most singular as such effects usually generate in the mind. I need to know if you are aware of this effect, and if it is something that was done to him, or is simply a part of him that he needs to control. He indicated that you would have insight into his history that might shed some light on that subject. And as he has expressed discomfort with mental contact, I felt that speaking with you was the best way to gain the necessary information."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

Andromeda made faces behind Miss Jones back during this long and overly stiff speech.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

The radio signal abruptly cuts out.
Back at base, the crew is trying to figure out what damaged the radio towers. There is a lot of running about and checking things. Everything in the building seems alright, but they've lost the relay. And...there are an awful lot of people milling around outside the other buildings...

Ghalen's radio comes on again.
"Grunt, this is Fido. Have you got radio contact with base? They cut out suddenly."

"Fido, that's a negative on contact with HQ, over."


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Upon seeing that Raelle's been hopefully been taken to safety, and that Lady del Sol has been knocked out, smashes his old 'master's' one last time, hard.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30 unarmed strike for 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (4, 7) + 9 = 20

He then gets off of him and surveys the last remnants of the battle. ::"Is Raelle safe? I don't see her here":: His mental voice carries considerable concern.


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

The radio signal abruptly cuts out.
Back at base, the crew is trying to figure out what damaged the radio towers. There is a lot of running about and checking things. Everything in the building seems alright, but they've lost the relay. And...there are an awful lot of people milling around outside the other buildings...

Ghalen's radio comes on again.
"Grunt, this is Fido. Have you got radio contact with base? They cut out suddenly."

"Fido, that's a negative on contact with HQ, over."

"Copy that, Grunt. The Boss is still dealing with site five, but he has Sunbeam as backup if things go south. We need to head back to base, over."


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

Upon seeing that Raelle's been hopefully been taken to safety, and that Lady del Sol has been knocked out, smashes his old 'master's' one last time, hard.

1d20+16 unarmed strike for 2d8+9

He then gets off of him and surveys the last remnants of the battle. ::"Is Raelle safe? I don't see her here":: His mental voice carries considerable concern.

Uhhh....there are still two guardsmen standing and they might not have been very successful at pulling Ardiente off of Lord del Sol, but they might do a bit better at direct combat. Also, Lord del Sol is very much still conscious. Aine might be fragile for a firebird, but no one would accuse Aithne of the same. Are you sure that's what you want to do?


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Well, until I get the rules on Bending that we're using, I lack a lot of options. Pound face, and uh, pound face.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

The radio signal abruptly cuts out.
Back at base, the crew is trying to figure out what damaged the radio towers. There is a lot of running about and checking things. Everything in the building seems alright, but they've lost the relay. And...there are an awful lot of people milling around outside the other buildings...

Ghalen's radio comes on again.
"Grunt, this is Fido. Have you got radio contact with base? They cut out suddenly."

"Fido, that's a negative on contact with HQ, over."
"Copy that, Grunt. The Boss is still dealing with site five, but he has Sunbeam as backup if things go south. We need to head back to base, over."

"Roger, Fido, heading back." looks over at Elektra "The terror of the cows will need to wait, it seems."


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

Fei takes advantage of the window of opportunity provided by James to try and bring Alev back into the fight. He drops to a knee and skids to a halt next to his fallen companion, placing a hand on his shoulder and sending a surge of healing energy into his body.

30d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 1, 2, 6, 1, 1, 3, 4, 6, 2, 3, 1, 5, 4, 1, 4, 6, 2, 2, 4, 6, 5, 2, 4, 6, 4, 5, 4) = 105 healing

Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
::"Is Raelle safe? I don't see her here":: His mental voice carries considerable concern.

::She is safe. Do NOT disengage your target - keep him occupied until we can deal with the other two guards::, Fei mentally replies as he gets ready to do just that before they lose the advantage they just achieved in this conflict.


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

The radio signal abruptly cuts out.
Back at base, the crew is trying to figure out what damaged the radio towers. There is a lot of running about and checking things. Everything in the building seems alright, but they've lost the relay. And...there are an awful lot of people milling around outside the other buildings...

Ghalen's radio comes on again.
"Grunt, this is Fido. Have you got radio contact with base? They cut out suddenly."

"Fido, that's a negative on contact with HQ, over."
"Copy that, Grunt. The Boss is still dealing with site five, but he has Sunbeam as backup if things go south. We need to head back to base, over."
"Roger, Fido, heading back." looks over at Elektra "The terror of the cows will need to wait, it seems."

"Well, let's just hope that there's something more exciting than cows waiting at the other end," she said, flippantly, heading back to the shuttle.


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Fei takes advantage of the window of opportunity provided by James to try and bring Alev back into the fight. He drops to a knee and skids to a halt next to his fallen companion, placing a hand on his shoulder and sending a surge of healing energy into his body.

30d6 healing

Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
::"Is Raelle safe? I don't see her here":: His mental voice carries considerable concern.
::She is safe. Do NOT disengage your target - keep him occupied until we can deal with the other two guards::, Fei mentally replies as he gets ready to do just that before they lose the advantage they just achieved in this conflict.

The majority of Alev's wounds close over and he wakes up flailing, not quite realizing at first that he wasn't still fighting.


Image

"Oh, thank goodness," Aananda said with relief when she saw Melody was safe. "Okay, now I'll go back to bed," she said to the nurse who had brought her the chair. "They can sort out the details themselves."


After getting Aananda back to her room and resting (presumably), the infirmary staff send out yet more official complaints.

Tamrin:
A message from the infirmary staff urgently requests that he please confiscate Aananda's mobile command center from her as it only encourages her to fail to comply with medically mandated bed rest.

Ryo:
An urgent message from the infirmary appears on his desk asking that he please put Professor Aananda Sunwake on mandatory leave as she requires bed rest for the next few days if not weeks. It is the opinion of the staff that she might try to get out of bed less often in spite of medical directives if she knew that things were being properly handled in her absence.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Alright so gonna keep the grapple for now. 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (16) + 33 = 49 CMB which I believe maintains so auto damage is 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (7, 8) + 9 = 24


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Elektra Kalama wrote:
Ghalen Kiln wrote:


"Roger, Fido, heading back." looks over at Elektra "The terror of the cows will need to wait, it seems."
"Well, let's just hope that there's something more exciting than cows waiting at the other end," she said, flippantly, heading back to the shuttle.

He snickers, then flies them back to base.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

And huzzah for a brief posting window (^-^)

Alev Brenneke wrote:
The majority of Alev's wounds close over and he wakes up flailing, not quite realizing at first that he wasn't still fighting.

::It is alright - your assailant has been restrained:: Fei says calmly as he gets a hand under one of Alev's flailing arms and hauls him back to his feet.

::We need to take care of the last two guards before the two spellcasters can regroup. Can you help me do that?::

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5
Marcell Harmonious wrote:
Zix wrote:
Marcell Harmonious wrote:
Zix wrote:
:: not bad for a first attempt. How do you feel?::
"Uhm... The same as before?"
::no fatigue, head ache, dizziness or burning sensation?:: he nods and thinks :: have you noticed any changes in your rune?::
"... No, it's the same as it always is."

you hear a contemplative mental tone in your mind ::that is somewhat surprising. Good, but surprising. The symptoms listed off are common symptoms of channeling energies in excess of what your body is used to or depleting your internal reserves, depending on the way in which you access the energy used to fuel your spell casting, internally, externally or some combination of both:: he pauses to see that you understand before continuing :: the fact that you do not yet expirence these symptoms or otherwise feel off indicates that you should be able to practice for longer before you pause for rest. Which is good, because you are definitely in need of more practice::


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

And huzzah for a brief posting window (^-^)

Alev Brenneke wrote:
The majority of Alev's wounds close over and he wakes up flailing, not quite realizing at first that he wasn't still fighting.

::It is alright - your assailant has been restrained:: Fei says calmly as he gets a hand under one of Alev's flailing arms and hauls him back to his feet.

::We need to take care of the last two guards before the two spellcasters can regroup. Can you help me do that?::

::Yeah. I can...yeah,:: he replies, still a little disoriented as he scrambles to his feet.


Recognizing that they were getting absolutely nowhere trying to get Ardiente off of Lord del Sol, the guards decide to split up, one of them going after Jiminy and his pesky goo gun and the other switching tactics to try and damage Ardiente instead of break the grapple.

Guard 1 vs Jiminy: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (5) + 39 = 44
Lands a surprise kick to the ribs.
Damage: 2d10 + 15 ⇒ (10, 3) + 15 = 28

Guard 2 vs Ardiente: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (4) + 37 = 41
Just can't seem to get it together here...

1d100 ⇒ 72
1d20 ⇒ 15

Ardiente please make a will save, thanks.


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.

Ryleh avoids the chaos of the infirmary in much the same manner that Aananda often does....by walking through walls instead of bothering with doors. It's handy that the school is made of stone. And it was the quickest route from her lair below the school. She was glad that her services as a seer were no longer needed, but of course duty still called. She walked briskly down the hallway and stopped when she saw Tamina sitting on the floor outside the door to the room she was heading for.
"Why are you sitting on the floor?" she asked calmly.
Tami shrugged. "It's an isolation room. I got locked out when I went for help."
Ryleh nodded. "I see. My granddaughter called for my assistance. If you were in the room until recently, perhaps you can fill me in on the details?"
Tami stood up. "Yes, ma'am. Ginni was going through some sort of demonic transformation. Her mom is a demon, so I guess Ginni inherited more of that than she knew. Phaezeriel was helping her through it. So she wouldn't get eaten up by it. But something went wrong. His eyes went all red and he sent me to go get Vai. I guess she must have showed up if she was calling for you. Ace...umm...Ginni's boyfriend, he was unconscious when I came out of the room, but he woke up a while ago and he seemed to think that GInni had pulled through the transformation thing. And that's all I know at the moment."
"Very well," Ryleh said. "I am going in. You may feel free to accompany me if you wish."
And with that she overrode the controls of the isolation room so that she and Tami could get in.
Inside the room, Vai was standing there, helplessly watching as Ginni writhed on the bed as her body was still struggling to finish its transformation. She kept looking back and forth between the demon girl and the large cocoon containing Phaeze, not sure what to do for either one.
"Pull her into a sitting position," Ryleh ordered Tamina, indicating Ginni. "Laying down like that is making it so her wings can't spread out properly. Which I have to tell you is an agonizingly painful thing to have happen."
She turned her attention to Vai. "You told me that it was Ginni's transformation that triggered this change for Phaezeriel? Is he still connected to her mentally? I'm not sure that's healthy for either of them right now, but I also don't think we dare upset what must be a delicate balance," she said thoughtfully.
"I don't know for sure, but I think so," Vai said, biting her lip.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

What sort of effect is it vs?


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
What sort of effect is it vs?

Spoilers! ;)

Just roll the save and let me know about any special circumstance bonuses you might have.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 Whelp, I guess it doesn't matter lol


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

As Ghalen and Elektra approach Kuros, he radios ahead to HQ to get clearance for landing. He'll try three times, if no answer is received, he radios Jeran.
"Fido, Grunt. On approach to base, not getting anything. Considering going in on foot, please advise, over." He looks at Elektra, seeing if she had any thoughts on the matter.


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death

Finishes up straightening out his classroom after the afternoon class, and heads to the nursery.
::Headed to spend some time with the kids...want me to grab dinner and meet me there?:: he sends to his mate over their bond. His joy is almost tangible.


Male Half Orc Druid/Shaman

Didn't think he'd enjoy working with children as much as he does, having spent the day watching over Mrs. Del Sol's students while she dealt with some family problems. He mixes summoning random friendly critters for them to interact with with learning about nature and respect for their surroundings. They seemed to like it for the most part, and he took that as approval from the children. He thanked his ancestor's spirits that he had the opportunity to share and guide these special kids.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Cuddles with Nala as long as she'll permit it...


M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock

Flying up on overwatch, Mithros keeps a eye on his sensors hoping someone was dumb enough to send reinforcements. Some of the old regime of firebirds were having trouble letting go of the past, it seemed, and he was more than happy to make it no longer a problem for them...


Male Human (Elan) Aegis/Soulknife (16)

Still in the poolhouse with Janie and Rakki?


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)
Morrivan wrote:
"Morrivan. And sure. At least, I probably shouldn't be by myself right now," she agreed. "And, uh, sorry about that. Igni just really irritates me. Raelle swears he's not a bad person, but I think she's being overly generous."

Sil shrugs "You don't have to be sorry. There's nothing wrong with not liking him. You can't be friends with everyone."


Kuros, Jiminy Factories

When the Cats are Away, Part II...:
Upon arriving, some time after all the hub-bub starting earlier with all the workers-- a few things have changed.

First and foremost, the number of people milling about has diminished. Given the hour and lack of leadership to manage their nervousness and focus, various of them walked off towards their homes and or into town. It was dinner, after all, or close enough. Loved ones to see, food to be had, relaxing after the days' work.

The few that do stay, don't really get much further, and when one co-worker comes stumbling out, with various electrical burns and slashes by odd edged weapons, he is rushed off to the nearest medic in town to help out the non-life threatening, but potentially harmful wounds.

Frankus and Bobus, however, loyal as they are and lacking any proper lives outside of the factories, stay behind, since one does point out that, "Any time now, things'll get fixed, I reckon."

They stayed on still, even after the building they were working in earlier seemed to lose all it's power, things shutting down, and the oddest noises start to come forth from within. A churning of metal and ...non-organic things. Plus the low hum of energy, and sparks of electrical heard as well, yet not seen from outside.

Needless to say, creepy, from the point of view of anyone just standing outside, but, these two hold outs are definitely ...loyally, waiting.

Meanwhile, in Factory One, which housed less important 'things' out of the three, seemed to have some oddness happen, but by and far, most of it, passed quickly and people headed off without much fanfare.

Factory Three, though, the hub of the Mecha tech, likely may start to notice their power resources dwindling if stored, or an building maintenance person would spot some ...odd shadows of movement, yet, not in the high security areas. Just the outskirts. Likely imagination now that Factory Two seems totally powered down... and it's lights no longer illuminate.

All the buildings are subject to a non-radio useful area, clearly something is jamming from within or likely using the Factory's own tech to cause the silence.

@'Grunt' or 'Fido': If and when you folks do 'fly' in, if the shuttles require anything electrical from the Factories, landing beacons, etc. that's all off line/jammed. Likewise, upon arriving about 500' from the buildings, your radios would be filled with 'white noise' that prevents useful communication across the entire spectrum, but not affecting any Infra-Red, Ultra-Violet or Normal Light wavelengths. Landing lights, etc. Consider the 'arrival' if not requiring any assistance from the building(s) to be dark night situation-- save for however good (or bad) the weather is. I'll leave that description up to you folks, or we can randomly roll it off some chart if available.


Female Avalon Professor

Miss Jones' Office

Miss Jones wrote:
"It's Miss Jones actually. While Professor is the customary title, it is not my preferred one," Miss Jones said crisply, neatly avoiding the implied question about her first name. She returns Maya's polite nod. "A pleasure to meet you Professor Rhys. And yes, I wish to speak with you about Tryko'Sam," she said, pronouncing his name as if it pained her, as it always did when dealing with students who only had one name. She preferred to keep names at a polite distance, knowing how much power they had. "I'm sure you are aware that he has been having difficulties with destructive impulses of late. Rather severe impulses. The scarf I gave him was made for me. As a means of controlling ordinary destructive urges, it is a bit like swatting a fly with a bomb. The fact that he feels normal, rather than extremely meek and happy tells me that this imbalance was quite severe. And therefore is something that requires long term treatment once the source of it, whether psychological or otherwise, is discovered. But that is not the only anomaly that requires examination in the case of this student. He is, it appears, producing a rather powerful enchantment effect, on a cellular level. Which is most singular as such effects usually generate in the mind. I need to know if you are aware of this effect, and if it is something that was done to him, or is simply a part of him that he needs to control. He indicated that you would have insight into his history that might shed some light on that subject. And as he has expressed discomfort with mental contact, I felt that speaking with you was the best way to gain the necessary information."

Nodding in understanding or acceptance of the established name, Maya listens to her update and then request for information-- peering over only once at the 'scarf' on Tryko'Sam with a hint of curiosity.

Maya Rhys:
"The person I know as Tryko'Sam, is someone I'd met ...I'd say, some, that is to say, my understanding of time and awareness of it's passing, 5 or 6 years back, maybe 2009?" She implies some calendar year, which clearly does not match with the local planet's, or perhaps even dimensional reference. "He is a snarky, intelligent, charismatic-- perhaps natural leader, though, I would not say magical, which though in hindsight, might explain his inability to perish or cease to exist."

Tryko'Sam is fiddling with the ends of the scarf while hiding some of his face to avoid bursting out in laughter at Andromeda's facial fun while the Professors talk about him in the room. He doesn't appear bothered to be spoken of while present in this manner, plus there is a hint of curiosity in his own features while listening.

"As for the benefit of the scarf-- I can sense it, which is rather remarkable even on just his surface emotions. He and I have bonded previously on a mental level when we were members of our team, protectors of sorts, against the insane versions of what I grew into once the Event occurred on our planet. He predated that event, though, so it's unlikely he's associated to that, or this destructive ... imbalance is due to that. I'd wager to say that his kidnapping and subsequent torture/body ridding by some entity is creating the destructive aspects. When whoever recovered him -- Kevin, was it? he had lost nearly all his memory due to intentional destruction of his brain cells by that thing. He'd put a copy of his mind into the SIM data banks, just prior to the assault on that cult city as a back up plan. New tactics, never thought to do that. A good portion of his thinking was rebuilt by me, after that, to help bring him back up to speed and past the psychological ... post traumatic stressors, issues. He's got a willpower that challenged a lot of our few mentalists, which again, didn't quite understand-- but accepted. if not for our bond, it'd be hard to help him occasionally restore his memory." She gives a near sister like smile of warm at that. Clearly she cares on some level for him.

Tryko'Sam shrugs and says, somewhat contentedly, "Hey, stuff happens-- I die, I get back up. Rinse and repeat. Spilled milk sometimes. Intentional other, but never a long term problem in any fashion really. Gotta move on, get past that."

"You see," Maya continues, "as far as we could ever determine, the existence of Tryko'Sam cannot be altered radically, or permanently, by any known force in our Universe, and I assure you-- he's run into and agitated some extremely hot headed or murderous individuals that had powers beyond mere mortals. I mean, he would occasionally lose an arm, or get a huge gaping wound in his chest or the like, fall over dead, but instantly return to life whole and healed. Perhaps that's the cellular enchantment you are referring too?"

She returns her gaze after considering and studying Tryko'Sam while speaking the latter half of that, then adds quickly, "Though, if I may interject, my apologies, it is possible that since landing here-- or perhaps even before we even met him for the first time back on my home world, this ability and his nature really is magical in nature. No one where I was born, the planet Earth, claimed really to be magical. It might be only now that we are learning this." She gives a slight shrug.


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
Ryleh wrote:

She turned her attention to Vai. "You told me that it was Ginni's transformation that triggered this change for Phaezeriel? Is he still connected to her mentally? I'm not sure that's healthy for either of them right now, but I also don't think we dare upset what must be a delicate balance," she said thoughtfully.

"I don't know for sure, but I think so," Vai said, biting her lip.

As a powerful psychic, and knowing Phaezeriel to also be one, Ryleh is somewhat surprised to find that the area occupied by the smooth shell of the chrysalis is utterly impenetrable to any psychic senses.

The skin of the chrysalis forms a null-psionic field within it. It is not, however, proof against magic or technological senses or interventions. Not sure how the null-psi field will affect the link to Ginni, but he was not actively in her mind when it happened.


Damiani wrote:
...

Ghalen's plan at this point is to land outside of town and hoof it or fly to the factory/base by other means. His combat armor does have all the bells and whistles for visual enhancement, he'll make use of those on arrival. Waiting for confirmation from Jeran at this point, or any other suggestions from Elektra...I can wing a flyover post though just to keep things rolling...


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen flies over the factory to get a visual of what's going on...
"Hmm. No transponder, no FF rec query, no lights. Power outage? Other buildings have power..."
When he goes to open the radio to inform Jeran of an update, he gets the white noise... "That's damn peculiar."

75,151 to 75,200 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1499 | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | 1508 | 1509 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.