The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


74,951 to 75,000 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1495 | 1496 | 1497 | 1498 | 1499 | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | next > last >>

Image
Lang Fei wrote:

Lang stood there as the awkward outsider for a bit and soon the conversation switched languages.

Lang sensed that no introduction was forthcoming. and the rest off to the infirmary, lang gathered his things and started to head toward his picnic area. Sun had soon joined him and what was originally gonna be dinner with friends soon became a dinner with just Sun.

I hope that I wasn't like that in my past. he muttered as he went to eat.

She had followed him over to this part of the lawn mostly to give Phaedra and her brother some obviously much needed space. Ori couldn't help but chuckle at what she overheard. "Oh, I'm pretty sure that with all those past lives, you've had a fair few bratty homesick moments. But I think you hit the heart of what's bothering you right there. You and Phaedra are an awful lot alike. People with personalities similar to our own are always the most difficult to get along with. There's no flaws we find so grating as the ones we are most guilty of ourselves."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Tryko'Sam wrote:

Grassy Knoll

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"There's a bunch of us who can do that," she said with a shrug. "I always could, so sometimes I forget that other people can't. And I'm doing alright now. I took a time out, so to speak, to center myself after I took Thad to see Miss Jones. I got a big hit of emotional whammy doing that. I can totally see why you needed to get out of there. He's just a clueless kid and he doesn't know what he's doing, but that didn't make me want to punch him any less. But he's the teachers' problem now. He's getting all kinds of extra lessons to learn to control his powers."

"Speaking of, I need to take you to see Miss Jones too. I think you've got a passenger in your head. Not sure if it's just peeping through or actually in residence, but I'm pretty sure it isn't good for you. No need to rush, but I figured you'd want to know. You strike me like the kind of person that would want that crap cleared out," she said, absent-mindedly picking blades of grass and tearing them up before dropping them.

Watching the falling blades of grass, and their parts as Andromeda does what she does, it might be in that split instant that she realizes that his attention isn't immediately on what is said by her.

After snapping his attention back to her, he says, "I ... don't like mental tampering. I have to trust the person intimately or something. I don't think anything is wrong with my mind-- besides the usual memory loss from brain damage and such. Lose some brain cells, or a big chunk, lose some memories. I usually rebuild fast, but I got broken over an ..." he shudders a moment while closing his eyes, "Repeatedly. It was beyond anything I can remember as ... bad. Even the long black space trip wasn't this bad."

Then he looks off again, either agitation or something, gnawing at him.

Sense Motive DC 15 if you'd like more details.

** spoiler omitted **...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34

She sighed. "Right. Because we can never just have easy. Well, personally, I think your best bet is to go see Miss Jones. She's insanely good at what she does, and follows a very strict code when it comes to respecting other people's mental privacy. But since you won't, will you at least let me run some magical tests? Strictly examining your aura as it were. No mental contact at all. Not even telepathy. Although you didn't seem that weirded out by the telepathy earlier for someone who is so against anyone else poking at their mind. Kinda weird to be honest. But that's beside the point. Thing is, you're kinda a ticking time bomb the way you're going right now. And I admit I haven't known you very long, but I don't think that's who you are at your core. There's part of you that wants to destroy the universe, yeah, but the rest of you isn't on board. I'm not down with the whole destruction thing either. You seem like a nice guy. I'd hate to have to fight you. Well, more like I'd hate to have to go fetch a bunch of actually competent people to fight you, but you get the picture," she said with a shrug. "The point is, I'm trying to help."


Male Humanoid

Grassy Knoll

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
She sighed. "Right. Because we can never just have easy. Well, personally, I think your best bet is to go see Miss Jones. She's insanely good at what she does, and follows a very strict code when it comes to respecting other people's mental privacy. But since you won't, will you at least let me run some magical tests? Strictly examining your aura as it were. No mental contact at all. Not even telepathy. Although you didn't seem that weirded out by the telepathy earlier for someone who is so against anyone else poking at their mind. Kinda weird to be honest. But that's beside the point. Thing is, you're kinda a ticking time bomb the way you're going right now. And I admit I haven't known you very long, but I don't think that's who you are at your core. There's part of you that wants to destroy the universe, yeah, but the rest of you isn't on board. I'm not down with the whole destruction thing either. You seem like a nice guy. I'd hate to have to fight you. Well, more like I'd hate to have to go fetch a bunch of actually competent people to fight you, but you get the picture," she said with a shrug. "The point is, I'm trying to help."

Looking playfully offended, but clearly not, the charming Tryko'Sam says, "Hey now-- when did someone do telepathy earlier? I might not have noticed. Lots on the mind." Still grinning he adds, "I'm not resisting your offer here, Ms. Heroine. I sure as heck am not into fighting you either, so rest easy. I kind of figured you'd have an answer, being so bright and tied into this world. If you strongly recommend me talking to this Miss Jones and she's not a natural red-head, that'll work for me." He stands up at that.

Hands on his hips he tilts his head up a bit more proudly, "I m not looking to bust skulls-- egos maybe, or get folks thinking, but seriously-- this really isn't a mental thing, I don't sense that. Just didn't want to flat out say, 'No.' to the suggestion. I'm not that arrogant or dismissive of people that help me. Plus you saved me back there, so I owe you."

He seems ready to head back, probably to Miss Jones.

After a moment he adds, "Do you mean when you just did the mind-talk stuff? that's not telepathy. I'm talking mental tampering. Fiddling with thoughts and such. That's breach of privacy and what all. Bad juju."

Clearly he has some 'code', even if he doesn't sound completely aware of the details of that.


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10
Vis Niyambi wrote:
Grim Jr. wrote:
Grim sighs "well... It's kinda personal to talk about that kinda stuff. I only met you like... An hour ago?"if they would meet during the time skip, adjust as needed

Vis looks at the floor.

"I... Suppose you're right. I won't try and force you to tell me, anymore."
Vis looks towards the door, considring.

"thanks. Here. Let's start over. I'm Grim. Grim Jr. It's nice to meet cha," he grins a wide, childlike smile as he holds out his hand.


Figment Narrator 20
yet nameless. wrote:

"No, into the cracks. Like the ones that led us here. They drop beings like these into our home often, but they never stay like they fell in. Then, one time, I saw so much fall in, I can't even explain it.

An endless number of rocks, and an enormous amount of these things... Only for these things to suddenly shift into proper inhabitants."

thought I made this post already "so what you're saying is.... You used to be a rock? And I used to be somebody else?"


male human monk 16
Ori Reading wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:

Lang stood there as the awkward outsider for a bit and soon the conversation switched languages.

Lang sensed that no introduction was forthcoming. and the rest off to the infirmary, lang gathered his things and started to head toward his picnic area. Sun had soon joined him and what was originally gonna be dinner with friends soon became a dinner with just Sun.

I hope that I wasn't like that in my past. he muttered as he went to eat.

She had followed him over to this part of the lawn mostly to give Phaedra and her brother some obviously much needed space. Ori couldn't help but chuckle at what she overheard. "Oh, I'm pretty sure that with all those past lives, you've had a fair few bratty homesick moments. But I think you hit the heart of what's bothering you right there. You and Phaedra are an awful lot alike. People with personalities similar to our own are always the most difficult to get along with. There's no flaws we find so grating as the ones we are most guilty of ourselves."

I totally forgot Ori was still there I'm sorry about that

Lang offers some of his fruit to Ori, I think you may be right. perhaps you can help me with that, while I continue to help you with your spirit.


current combat map group 1
Arthur Barren wrote:
DM of the coins wrote:
Arthur Barren wrote:
1d20+42knowledge engineering for Arthur

you remember Mel sent you another sonic device like the one she uses.

You also have some basic instructions on its use, and learned how to adjust the various settings on it.

the drawing seems to indicate to use the sonic device to activate the shields and to open the rift just enough to get the device through.

the numbers are probably the setting for the sonic device programming.

arthur grins as he decides the message, his arm coated in what appears to be circuits made of light as he rapidly shuffles through the settings and selects the one indicated, he points it into the air and activates it.

There is a hum from the sonic device and after a few seconds there is a shimmering around the bomb. soon a ripple in time and space starts to form but seems to be contained by the barrier that was set up.

(any that are sensitive to such things will probably sense this)

After a few more seconds there are some odd sounds coming from the area where the bomb sits. it seems like something inside the rift also detected the small opening and is heading toward to weak spot.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

As this is happening, the holo-Mel gets up and heads over to the area where the bomb is.

suddenly there is a worried look on her face. from her actions it would seem like she reacting to a series of explosions.

then there is a flash of light and the bomb and holo-Mel are gone.

lying there on the ground is this strange object apparently charred and damaged.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

Arthur looks confused as he picks up the object as his nanomachines attempt to ascertain it's function1d20 + 42 ⇒ (3) + 42 = 45basically he's casting science identify, that's a know(engineering) check


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

After suffering some sort of psychic attack, Ace queries Phaez ::"Just got attacked, mentally, I think. Is everything OK? Should I send my psyche in there as well and help Ginni?"::


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
"Ace" wrote:
After suffering some sort of psychic attack, Ace queries Phaez ::"Just got attacked, mentally, I think. Is everything OK? Should I send my psyche in there as well and help Ginni?"::

::She is fighting with the demon inside herself. The demon just tried to play with you to get at Ginni.:: His thoughts convey amusement at folly, and a certain respect, ::Ginni, uh, dealt with the demon. She cares for you a great deal, Ace.::

There is a sense of hesitation, ::I do not think it would be a good idea for anyone that has one of these solid as stone connections to Ginni to be present for this fight; that would expose you to a much more direct influence by a creature whose entire purpose to exist is to manipulate and control others. If that assessment changes you will be the first to know.::


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace smiles wide at Phaez saying how much Ginni cares about him. ::"I'm still willing to help, however you decide is best. You mentioned forming a link tween us via your other mind. Is that still an option?":: Phaez can easily sense how much Ace wants to help his girlfriend, along with the frustration of not being able to do too much.


Male Half fiend/half giant 16 Gunslinger (pistolero)/16 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)

Casseus sits reclined at his desk in the Constable's office in Kuros, his feet up, smoking a cigar. His "interview" went well. The mayor and council members looked nervous, but he supposed that was normal, given his devilish appearance. They asked him all kinds of questions about his heritage, his skills, his experience. He answered them all, bluntly. Yes, he would protect people, no he won't eat any children. They were hesitant, still. It seemed it was more his youth that was the problem other than being a devil. With dragons about and other things worse, he guessed they needed a demon to fight fire with fire, or so one council woman commented. He assumed Jiminy's recommendation was what won the day, and now here he is: Constable Rex. He looked at the tin star on this chest and chuckled, wondering how he got to this point. Defender of the people? That's rich, but it's something.
He kept looking at a file on his desk they had given him. It was a list of people in the town that had shown interest in the past in joining the constabulary here in Kuros. They wanted him to rebuild the police force, in addition to keeping the peace. "Is this what responsibility looks like?", he wondered. Best get to it, he thought, as he grabbed the file and began to look through the people he hoped he wouldn't get killed in the line of duty...
As he sat there, going over the dossiers, he felt something stir in him, at the edge of his mind...a small but growing connection to the forces of law, of order. He shivered a bit, and shrugged it off...

Elsewhere, an elder devil scrys his charge, and grins, seeing the sparking of law's influence, that is present in every devil. You can take a devil out of hell... it thought...and went to report this event to his Lord.


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
"Ace" wrote:
Ace smiles wide at Phaez saying how much Ginni cares about him. ::"I'm still willing to help, however you decide is best. You mentioned forming a link tween us via your other mind. Is that still an option?":: Phaez can easily sense how much Ace wants to help his girlfriend, along with the frustration of not being able to do too much.

::Of course.:: Ace feels Phaezeriel's mind creating a collective and allowing a place for him in it. Once the collective is formed, Ace can sense Phaezeriel's mind, and the impression of a larger, more powerful mind looming just out of sight behind Phaezeriel. ::I am helping Ginni to remain strong while she fights, and interfering just enough to help her succeed. She has to win, though. With you here, I can share your strength with her should it become necessary.:: His thoughts turn wry, ::Though I know you will stay close, there is no need with the collective in place. What I will insist on, is that you take care of yourself. Keeping your strength up by eating or sleeping will actually help Ginni.::

For Ginni:
Phaezeriel's thoughts come very softly into Ginni's mind, hopefully in such a way the demon inside her will not hear, ::Ace is in contact with my other mind. He is here to help you, and I am keeping his mind isolated from your demon. His love for you is like a small sun in my mind. Do not let your demon make you doubt that.:: Along with the thoughts comes the mental impression of the warmth of the sun on skin too long in the cold dark; the sensation of Ace's love interpreted by Phaezeriel's mind.


Male Firebird
Grim Jr. wrote:
Vis Niyambi wrote:
Grim Jr. wrote:
Grim sighs "well... It's kinda personal to talk about that kinda stuff. I only met you like... An hour ago?"if they would meet during the time skip, adjust as needed

Vis looks at the floor.

"I... Suppose you're right. I won't try and force you to tell me, anymore."
Vis looks towards the door, considring.
"thanks. Here. Let's start over. I'm Grim. Grim Jr. It's nice to meet cha," he grins a wide, childlike smile as he holds out his hand.

"... That doesn't mean I just forget this, grim."

Vis fidgets.
"But... I'm Vis. Vis nimabi."
before he mumbles a
"At least, I am this time."


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
yet nameless. wrote:

"No, into the cracks. Like the ones that led us here. They drop beings like these into our home often, but they never stay like they fell in. Then, one time, I saw so much fall in, I can't even explain it.

An endless number of rocks, and an enormous amount of these things... Only for these things to suddenly shift into proper inhabitants."
thought I made this post already "so what you're saying is.... You used to be a rock? And I used to be somebody else?"

".... No, silly. I'm not a rock. I'm an inhabitant. But I am saying you might not have been."


Figment Narrator 20

"Are you saying I used to be a rock? No that's not possible, I was someone be for this! I had to be" he says with strong notes of first rage and then desperation.


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
"Are you saying I used to be a rock? No that's not possible, I was someone be for this! I had to be" he says with strong notes of first rage and then desperation.

the woman pinches her nose.

"No. I'm saying you could've been a not-an-inhabitant, before becoming one."


Figment Narrator 20

"Oh" he seems to relax at this "of-of course I did..."


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
"Oh" he seems to relax at this "of-of course I did..."

the woman pauses, then laughs a bit, reaching up to pat the rainbow's head.

"Relax. We're gonna be ok. It doesn't really matter what we were, does it? We're here, now. We're us, now. And while it's scary, at least we aren't alone."


Figment Narrator 20

"R-right... Not alone..." He says surprised at the contact given by the substantially smaller woman.


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10
Vis Niyambi wrote:
Grim Jr. wrote:
Vis Niyambi wrote:
Grim Jr. wrote:
Grim sighs "well... It's kinda personal to talk about that kinda stuff. I only met you like... An hour ago?"if they would meet during the time skip, adjust as needed

Vis looks at the floor.

"I... Suppose you're right. I won't try and force you to tell me, anymore."
Vis looks towards the door, considring.
"thanks. Here. Let's start over. I'm Grim. Grim Jr. It's nice to meet cha," he grins a wide, childlike smile as he holds out his hand.

"... That doesn't mean I just forget this, grim."

Vis fidgets.
"But... I'm Vis. Vis nimabi."
before he mumbles a
"At least, I am this time."

"if it makes you feel better I have been told I'm terrible at keeping secrets and lieing and junk... I think Hew and Zillia know, more or less what's going on, and ignace might have actually seen... Not sure how conscious she was when we were in the sun...I can't remember if I've told Lang...."


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
"R-right... Not alone..." He says surprised at the contact given by the substantially smaller woman.

"So, since you seem to have a bit of a past, would,you like to try and recover it?"

she starts gently petting rainbow, running her hand down his back.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Tryko'Sam wrote:

Grassy Knoll

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
She sighed. "Right. Because we can never just have easy. Well, personally, I think your best bet is to go see Miss Jones. She's insanely good at what she does, and follows a very strict code when it comes to respecting other people's mental privacy. But since you won't, will you at least let me run some magical tests? Strictly examining your aura as it were. No mental contact at all. Not even telepathy. Although you didn't seem that weirded out by the telepathy earlier for someone who is so against anyone else poking at their mind. Kinda weird to be honest. But that's beside the point. Thing is, you're kinda a ticking time bomb the way you're going right now. And I admit I haven't known you very long, but I don't think that's who you are at your core. There's part of you that wants to destroy the universe, yeah, but the rest of you isn't on board. I'm not down with the whole destruction thing either. You seem like a nice guy. I'd hate to have to fight you. Well, more like I'd hate to have to go fetch a bunch of actually competent people to fight you, but you get the picture," she said with a shrug. "The point is, I'm trying to help."

Looking playfully offended, but clearly not, the charming Tryko'Sam says, "Hey now-- when did someone do telepathy earlier? I might not have noticed. Lots on the mind." Still grinning he adds, "I'm not resisting your offer here, Ms. Heroine. I sure as heck am not into fighting you either, so rest easy. I kind of figured you'd have an answer, being so bright and tied into this world. If you strongly recommend me talking to this Miss Jones and she's not a natural red-head, that'll work for me." He stands up at that.

Hands on his hips he tilts his head up a bit more proudly, "I m not looking to bust skulls-- egos maybe, or get folks thinking, but seriously-- this really isn't a mental thing, I don't sense that. Just didn't want to flat out say, 'No.' to the suggestion. I'm not that...

"Okay, I think we're getting hung up on language here.... Telepathy can either refer to the mental talky stuff, and by the way in dragon form I don't have vocal cords so it's mental talk or no talk, or it can refer to the psionic discipline which includes several powers, some of which can influence someone else's mind. The magical version is called enchantment. Miss Jones is good at both. And she's blonde. Though what do you have against redheads?"

"All that aside, I can do some simple magical screening now, no mental scanning involved. That might help. And if not, yeah, I would feel better if Miss Jones took a look. Because either you've got a problem, or I'm having paranoid hallucinations. Either way, somebody needs help," she said with a shrug and an apologetic grin.


Image
Lang Fei wrote:
Ori Reading wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:

Lang stood there as the awkward outsider for a bit and soon the conversation switched languages.

Lang sensed that no introduction was forthcoming. and the rest off to the infirmary, lang gathered his things and started to head toward his picnic area. Sun had soon joined him and what was originally gonna be dinner with friends soon became a dinner with just Sun.

I hope that I wasn't like that in my past. he muttered as he went to eat.

She had followed him over to this part of the lawn mostly to give Phaedra and her brother some obviously much needed space. Ori couldn't help but chuckle at what she overheard. "Oh, I'm pretty sure that with all those past lives, you've had a fair few bratty homesick moments. But I think you hit the heart of what's bothering you right there. You and Phaedra are an awful lot alike. People with personalities similar to our own are always the most difficult to get along with. There's no flaws we find so grating as the ones we are most guilty of ourselves."

I totally forgot Ori was still there I'm sorry about that

Lang offers some of his fruit to Ori, I think you may be right. perhaps you can help me with that, while I continue to help you with your spirit.

No worries.:)

"That sounds like a plan," she agreed. "I may not know how to negotiate with nature spirits, but observing people is a skill I've honed well. I'm happy to offer free advice. Like this. It's okay if you're not perfect at stuff. Yeah, you have lots of past lives to draw on, but that was them. You're you. And you're only twelve. It's okay to not have everything figured out. You'll get there."


Image
Arthur Barren wrote:
Arthur looks confused as he picks up the object as his nanomachines attempt to ascertain it's function1d20+42basically he's casting science identify, that's a know(engineering) check

"Please tell me it worked and we're not back to square one," she said wearily.


Male Firebird
Grim Jr. wrote:
Vis Niyambi wrote:
Grim Jr. wrote:
Vis Niyambi wrote:
Grim Jr. wrote:
Grim sighs "well... It's kinda personal to talk about that kinda stuff. I only met you like... An hour ago?"if they would meet during the time skip, adjust as needed

Vis looks at the floor.

"I... Suppose you're right. I won't try and force you to tell me, anymore."
Vis looks towards the door, considring.
"thanks. Here. Let's start over. I'm Grim. Grim Jr. It's nice to meet cha," he grins a wide, childlike smile as he holds out his hand.

"... That doesn't mean I just forget this, grim."

Vis fidgets.
"But... I'm Vis. Vis nimabi."
before he mumbles a
"At least, I am this time."
"if it makes you feel better I have been told I'm terrible at keeping secrets and lieing and junk... I think Hew and Zillia know, more or less what's going on, and ignace might have actually seen... Not sure how conscious she was when we were in the sun...I can't remember if I've told Lang...."

"Uhm. Not really. It doesn't... Really change much."


Image

Demon-Ginni 1 in the maze: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Oh, so close, but nope, still lost.

Demon-Ginni 2 in a cat fight with real Ginni:
Ginni still didn't know what lie this version of her embodied, but as they fought she kept getting flashes. Over and over, different people telling her that she could never be good because she was part demon or making comments like blood will tell. All the families that didn't want to adopt her because of what she was.
She grunted as she got an elbow to the face. "I am not my parents. I am responsible for me. I don't have to be evil because they were, and anyone who says differently is just showing off their own small-mindedness and insecurity," she growled as she tackled the demon-her to the ground, only to fall flat on her face as the demon vanished into silver mist. Well. That worked better than expected.

Demon-Ginni 3 making trouble:
While Phaezeriel's attention was distracted by the fight between Ginni and her demonic counterpart, this one teleported just behind him, laying her hand on the latticed pillar that connected him to Ginni's mind. Not trying to take control, just trying to stimulate as many demonic impulses as possible. "You need to stop being so helpful."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
Aanandareavekki wrote:
Arthur Barren wrote:
Arthur looks confused as he picks up the object as his nanomachines attempt to ascertain it's function1d20+42basically he's casting science identify, that's a know(engineering) check
"Please tell me it worked and we're not back to square one," she said wearily.

"this is at minimum a step forward, and hopefully one taken in the right direction..." should I roll another know(engineering) check to represent him spending another six seconds analyzing the thing?


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

"Sorry. Not sure what else I could do to help you feel better"


Figment Narrator 20
yet nameless. wrote:
The yellow boxes wrote:
"R-right... Not alone..." He says surprised at the contact given by the substantially smaller woman.

"So, since you seem to have a bit of a past, would,you like to try and recover it?"

she starts gently petting rainbow, running her hand down his back.

"how would we go about doing that"' he says with his eyes starting to become half lidded by her petting


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
yet nameless. wrote:
The yellow boxes wrote:
"R-right... Not alone..." He says surprised at the contact given by the substantially smaller woman.

"So, since you seem to have a bit of a past, would,you like to try and recover it?"

she starts gently petting rainbow, running her hand down his back.
"how would we go about doing that"' he says with his eyes starting to become half lidded by her petting

the woman scratches gently.

"I donno. We'll just have to find out. Good to have a goal."


Figment Narrator 20

"Do you know any magiks?"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
"Do you know any magics?"

"Not really. I'm a doctor."

she keeps scratching, smiling quietly.


Figment Narrator 20

"Doctor of what?"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD

"... Of medicine? You know... Doctor."
she moves her hand to the healthy wing, gently stroking it.
"I make people feel better."


Male Firebird
Grim Jr. wrote:
"Sorry. Not sure what else I could do to help you feel better"

Vis quietly fidgets.

"I'm not sure there's much you can do. I'm just... Not... Really... I'm not supposed to associate with Infernals."


Figment Narrator 20

"oh hmm ok" anyone within a short distance of the rainbow begin to hear a deep purring emanating within the large creature beside The self proclaimed doctor "uh hmmm whaaaat maakes you saay thaat? You reaamber your life nd stuff?"


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

"Well..why not?"


Male Firebird
Grim Jr. wrote:
"Well..why not?"

"Because it's my job to banish Infernals."


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

Grim looks strangely intent but also not offended. His posture becomes straiter but not "rigid" but showing alertness and interest. He calmly asks her "who gave you this task and why"


Male Firebird
Grim Jr. wrote:
Grim looks strangely intent but also not offended. His posture becomes straiter but not "rigid" but showing alertness and interest. He calmly asks her "who gave you this task and why"

"No individual Who. Just... Religion dictates I keep Infernals out of the mortal coil."


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

"What religion. And do demons who are in turn a part of the mortal coil 'count' based on your religion"


Male Firebird
Grim Jr. wrote:
"What religion. And do demons who are in turn a part of the mortal coil 'count' based on your religion"

"I'm... A high preist of the ancent sutra scroll's teachings. And all those who do not belong on this plane of reality "count". "Demon", "Angel", "protean"... All Infernals."


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

"would a human, born to human parents, but on, for example the plane of air be considered infernal by your standards?"


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Fei's nanosuit engages once more to form a helmet to conceal his features. Engaging his Lace'smental barrier, the young monk turns his attention to the shuttle's scanners as he acknowledges the new orders.

"Understood - we are proceeding to the location now," he replies. "If we have to engage these firebirds to free Raelle, we are to use nonlethal force to subdue them, correct?"

"Roger that, Sparky. Nonlethal force when possible. Primary mission objective is rescue. I've been informed that some of the firebirds may be under mental compulsions. Best to sort that out later."

After a few tense, quiet moments, Ardiente and Fei land next to James and Alev's shuttle - both at a discreet distance from the target building. They quickly disembark to meet with the other two.

"How shall we proceed?"


Male Humanoid

Grassy Knoll

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"Okay, I think we're getting hung up on language here.... Telepathy can either refer to the mental talky stuff, and by the way in dragon form I don't have vocal cords so it's mental talk or no talk, or it can refer to the psionic discipline which includes several powers, some of which can influence someone else's mind. The magical version is called enchantment. Miss Jones is good at both. And she's blonde. Though what do you have against redheads?"

"All that aside, I can do some simple magical screening now, no mental scanning involved. That might help. And if not, yeah, I would feel better if Miss Jones took a look. Because either you've got a problem, or I'm having paranoid hallucinations. Either way, somebody needs help," she said with a shrug and an apologetic grin.

Making a smile while shrugging combo facial gesture, that followed with the rest of his body, he says, "I ... red heads are my ... not bane, definitely not that, but-- the dark haired girls, more my focus. Plus, if she's hot and poking around in my mind, she might get a mind full, if you follow my meaning. I haven't bothered to learn much restraint through my life. Though..." he pauses for a second, looking thoughtful, "I do 'seem' a bit more reserved than normal. You ever have that -- not like being a ghost, 'not yourself' feeling? It's on serious over drive right now."

Smiling at this point he says, "Okay-- ready for the magical screening, Doctress. Plus, just a general comment, but, when someone can talk in the mind, that's telepathy to me. The strength of their telepathy is what makes 'em strong or not. Any real mentalist, could do whatever they wanted, if they didn't have some kinda code of honor, right? How would most folk know? Is your mind talking stuff psionic, or magic? or -- wait, I read about this recently, it's kind of the same, right? I bet that pisses some of the finger wigglers off. Kinda lame sauce you can't do a dragon roar or what not, I bet that'd be awesome."

He's clearly blathering at this point, appearing pretty happy regardless. She can tell that he's looking her over more than earlier, after the course of the conversation so far. Clearly being distracted by things helps him.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

As Ghalen and Elektra arrive on-target, Ghalen switches his optics to thermal, and looks to see how many creatures are in the building.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

It takes considerable, visible effort for Ardiente to restrain himself from going off after Raelle on his own. He actually seethes with a faint amount of smoke, such is the internal struggle. Thus, he stays quiet as he and Fei disembark, not trusting his ability to rant or go off. This is the best plan to save his girlfriend's life, even if its not the one that he would personally choose.


current combat map group 1
Arthur Barren wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
Arthur Barren wrote:
Arthur looks confused as he picks up the object as his nanomachines attempt to ascertain it's function1d20+42basically he's casting science identify, that's a know(engineering) check
"Please tell me it worked and we're not back to square one," she said wearily.
"this is at minimum a step forward, and hopefully one taken in the right direction..." should I roll another know(engineering) check to represent him spending another six seconds analyzing the thing?

Arthur looks over the device, it doesn't take much to figure out that it is some sort of energy weapon that is part machine and part biological.

It would take much more examining in a lab to determine more about what sort of energy weapon. but the type of metal is very unusual, nothing like you have seen before.

74,951 to 75,000 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1495 | 1496 | 1497 | 1498 | 1499 | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.