The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


75,051 to 75,100 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1497 | 1498 | 1499 | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | next > last >>

Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
"Ace" wrote:
Phaez, can Ace hear this?

No, Only Demon-Ginni #3 can hear it.


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
Zix raises one eye ridge as he pauses his inscription in chalk ::I am Doing fair. And yourself?::

Marcell beams, rocking back and forth a little on his rather oversized feet.

"Short. A little hairy. Found a cool book on cantrips, though! It's nice to have something that can actually explain them to me, instead of just... Expecting it to be natural. Guess it's warranted to expect that, considring what the teachers here... Uh, teach."

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

Zix considers this :: you are bipedal and of roughly appropriate height for a student here to be able to use the equipment properly. If you would like some remedial.. I mean intruductory courses there is a red book in the chest in the south west corner of the room room. Second from the top shelf on the left side, that details the magical theory behind proper technique to draw forth magical power from within yourself in the form of the 'spark' cantrip. There is a "how to" section in chapter four if that would help::


Fei has an easy time avoiding the guards' notice since they both turned around ready for battle when Ardiente jumped off of the hayloft and onto Aithne del Sol, knocking him to the ground.
Thank Fei for that champion bonus. Otherwise that attack would not have hit. :)

Concentration check to keep casting. 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (13) + 32 = 45

Aaaaaand he just exactly makes it. The spell is still going on.

Fiilah jumps down off of the hayloft and all three guards converge on Ardiente.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Save for Stunning Fist?


Was there a second attack besides the grapple attempt? Stunning fist only applies if you do damage. Sorry for missing it if there was another attack.


Male Humanoid

Hallways

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
"It's not that late," she said, laughing. "Besides, I don't think Miss Jones actually sleeps even if it were. Come on, this way," she said leading the way through the halls, only stopping to activate the arrows when she was halfway there. "And it looks like the classroom hasn't even moved since I left. How thoughtful of it."

"Watching some of the places around here does cause a bit of a headache, that's for sure-- and tracking stuff... though those arrows really don't do much for working people's memories. Just saying, this place makes for laziness, you know? Just an opinion."

He'll walk along, nodding occasionally and waving to one or two of the girls that pass by that whisper conspiratorially about the pair in passing. "You keep hanging out with me, you'll build up a rep, be warned."


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Huh, I didn't realize you actually had to deal damage for Stunning Fist. I always assumed it was either in place of or in addition to damage, but nit actually reliant on it. I don't usually play monks and the few that I did have traded out Stunning Fist

Is Lord del Sol successfully grappled?


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Tryko'Sam wrote:

Hallways

Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
"It's not that late," she said, laughing. "Besides, I don't think Miss Jones actually sleeps even if it were. Come on, this way," she said leading the way through the halls, only stopping to activate the arrows when she was halfway there. "And it looks like the classroom hasn't even moved since I left. How thoughtful of it."

"Watching some of the places around here does cause a bit of a headache, that's for sure-- and tracking stuff... though those arrows really don't do much for working people's memories. Just saying, this place makes for laziness, you know? Just an opinion."

He'll walk along, nodding occasionally and waving to one or two of the girls that pass by that whisper conspiratorially about the pair in passing. "You keep hanging out with me, you'll build up a rep, be warned."

She laughed. "Whatever rep that is, it'll be short lived. I bet you anything by the end of the month the only reputation I'll have is as 'one of the guys' and 'total weirdo'. And probably a little bit of bossy as well. Cause I kind of am. It's kind of a family trait. Family meetings are mostly everyone trying to boss everyone else around."

"And I think the arrows are more of a pick a problem kind of thing. Before we had the arrows people kept getting lost and ending up late for classes because the classroom was in a totally different place. Although it moves around more now than it used to. Changing needs I guess. Although, to be fair, then and now most of the rearranging is due to the infirmary constantly hopping around to help out people with emergencies by making their route shorter. More students means more emergencies."

"Okay, here we are," she said, knocking on Miss Jones's door and swinging it open without waiting for a reply.
"Hey, I'm back. And I brought the other guy who you need to look at. Umm.....I got some really interesting, and to be clear I don't mean good interesting, results from the detect spells," she said, not bothering with niceties like introductions.


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

Huh, I didn't realize you actually had to deal damage for Stunning Fist. I always assumed it was either in place of or in addition to damage, but nit actually reliant on it. I don't usually play monks and the few that I did have traded out Stunning Fist

Is Lord del Sol successfully grappled?

Yes, he is successfully grappled, but not pinned.


Image

Miss Jones had been sitting at her desk grading papers. She raised an eyebrow at Andromeda's behavior. She was not one to tolerate a lack of manners.

"Please sit down Miss Sunwake. And in future please remember that it is customary to wait for a reply after you knock before entering a room," she said coolly.

She turned her gaze towards Tryko'Sam and stands up, walking around her desk. "Hello. I am Miss Jones, the Enchantment teacher. And you are?" she asked in a clipped, businesslike tone.

Tryko'Sam sees a woman somewhere between the ages of twenty and fifty (probably) of medium height with blonde hair pulled back into a severe up-do, not a strand out of place. She is slender and her posture is impeccable. But her clothes seem to have been chosen for their ugliness. From her overly sensible blocky high heel shoes to her suit with it's below the knee skirt (at just that most unflattering length) to her blouse that was buttoned all the way up to her neck and lacked any sort of feminine details that might have made it appealing. And she was wearing large thick framed glasses. On most this would have created an appearance of dowdiness. But Miss Jones in spite of all her efforts to the contrary was still quite attractive. If you didn't mind being glared at.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:

Fei has an easy time avoiding the guards' notice since they both turned around ready for battle when Ardiente jumped off of the hayloft and onto Aithne del Sol, knocking him to the ground.

Thank Fei for that champion bonus. Otherwise that attack would not have hit. :)

Concentration check to keep casting. 1d20+32

Aaaaaand he just exactly makes it. The spell is still going on.

Fiilah jumps down off of the hayloft and all three guards converge on Ardiente.

::Converge on the first floor - Ardiente needs assistance NOW, and the kidnappers are making some kind of ritual circle around Raellr::Fei says through the telepathic link. ::I am trying to get Raelle out of here right now::

Fei heads straight for the unconscious girl.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen stops mid stride and holds his left arm up in a closed fist, indicating they should stop.
"HQ, Grunt. Confirm site five is hot, over."


Image
Phaezeriel wrote:
Ginni wrote:

Demon-Ginni 1 in the maze: 1d20+2

Oh, so close, but nope, still lost.

Demon-Ginni 2 in a cat fight with real Ginni:
Ginni still didn't know what lie this version of her embodied, but as they fought she kept getting flashes. Over and over, different people telling her that she could never be good because she was part demon or making comments like blood will tell. All the families that didn't want to adopt her because of what she was.
She grunted as she got an elbow to the face. "I am not my parents. I am responsible for me. I don't have to be evil because they were, and anyone who says differently is just showing off their own small-mindedness and insecurity," she growled as she tackled the demon-her to the ground, only to fall flat on her face as the demon vanished into silver mist. Well. That worked better than expected.

Demon-Ginni 3 making trouble:
While Phaezeriel's attention was distracted by the fight between Ginni and her demonic counterpart, this one teleported just behind him, laying her hand on the latticed pillar that connected him to Ginni's mind. Not trying to take control, just trying to stimulate as many demonic impulses as possible. "You need to stop being so helpful."

Phaezeriel did not see this coming. He was not mentally prepared for someone else to awaken the demonic urges inside him, and in that moment, he loses himself. Glowing red swirls into the silver of his eyes until there is no silver remaining. He looks at demon-Ginni #3 with calculating interest.

His mind closes down around this fragment of the demon-in-Ginni, trying to lock her mental processes away, to leave her dazed and unable to act. He stalks toward her, his thoughts for her alone and dripping with menace and a rather unwholesome desire, ::You are an entirely mental construct aren't you? You are mental power made manifest. And yet you are not the full power of the demon inside Ginni, you are just a small...

Will save: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 4 = 36

Demon-Ginni blinks away across the landscape, desperately trying to escape. This was not how she planned for things to go. Well, I mean, you can't argue with success. Except when it's trying to devour you. No, you can't argue with it then either. Run, yes. Argue, no.

Demon-Ginni in the maze: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
And in a massive case of worst timing ever, demon-Ginni # 1 finally finds her way out of the maze.

Actual Ginni:
Ginni stands up, looking panicked as she is no longer feeling reassurance from Phaezeriel. He seems more dangerous right now than her demon half. She doesn't know exactly what her demonic counterpart did to him, but she is sure that it was very, very bad. She needed help, and there was only one person she could get help from right now. Melody was still much too far away.
Ginni blinks and reappears at Ace's pillar. She puts her hands on it and doesn't so much call as drag him here into her mental landscape.
Hope you were sitting down because wherever you were, you just slumped over unconscious.
He sees three succubus-Ginni's when he arrives. One is flying towards them. One is flying as far away as she possibly can. And one is grabbing his arm.
::Ace, demon-me did something bad to Phaezeriel. I don't know what it is, but he isn't safe anymore. He isn't safe. Please, you need to keep him away from me. All of me. Even the evil bits who won't stop causing trouble. Please.::


Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen stops mid stride and holds his left arm up in a closed fist, indicating they should stop.

"HQ, Grunt. Confirm site five is hot, over."

"Grunt, cannot confirm at this time. Ground team has not yet reported in. We currently have radio silence, over."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Thankfully, Ace was sitting on the floor, his back up against the wall of the isolation room. Thus, he just slumps over as his mind gets pulled into Ginni's.

His astral form takes a moment to adjust and he nods when Ginni explains what's going on.

::"Alright, I think I can do that. Are you gonna be OK on your own?":: His voice carries his worry and concern for her.


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:

Fei has an easy time avoiding the guards' notice since they both turned around ready for battle when Ardiente jumped off of the hayloft and onto Aithne del Sol, knocking him to the ground.

Thank Fei for that champion bonus. Otherwise that attack would not have hit. :)

Concentration check to keep casting. 1d20+32

Aaaaaand he just exactly makes it. The spell is still going on.

Fiilah jumps down off of the hayloft and all three guards converge on Ardiente.

::Converge on the first floor - Ardiente needs assistance NOW, and the kidnappers are making some kind of ritual circle around Raellr::Fei says through the telepathic link. ::I am trying to get Raelle out of here right now::

Fei heads straight for the unconscious girl.

::Kinda...busy....right now....but at least I'm....keeping Ollifer occupied,:: Alev sent out.


Image

And I've just realized that I forgot that Ardiente has silence cast on him....Way to go, Ardiente! You just had to get close enough. :)
Lord del Sol continued chanting, but the aura of silence surrounding Ardiente makes his words inaudible, interrupting the spell.

Jiminy uses magic to step through the back wall just as the arcane energies start to swirl out of control.


Seeing that another person has entered the room, and still not having noticed Fei, Fiilah changes direction, putting herself in front of Lady del Sol to protect her.

The other two attempt to pull Ardiente off of Lord del Sol.
CMB: 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (7) + 36 = 43
CMB: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (11) + 39 = 50


Image
"Ace" wrote:

Thankfully, Ace was sitting on the floor, his back up against the wall of the isolation room. Thus, he just slumps over as his mind gets pulled into Ginni's.

His astral form takes a moment to adjust and he nods when Ginni explains what's going on.

::"Alright, I think I can do that. Are you gonna be OK on your own?":: His voice carries his worry and concern for her.

::I have to be,:: she said before abruptly blinking off after one of the other two.

1d2 ⇒ 2


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace sends all his confidence, love and support to Ginni, ::I have faith in you, my love."::

He then mimics Ginni, and blinks to Phaez, interposing himself between the quasit and his prey. Either via a teleport spell, or 'copying' the ability to do so in a mental landscape. As that's sort of Ace's core, mechanically, it stands to reason he could. Also, in case it matters, he's adopted his Psychic focus, granting him access to psionic powers

"Phaez, easy buddy, calm down. This isn't you, not anymore. You've conquered that aspect of yourself, and right now, Ginni needs you to help her do the same."


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

The two guards fail in their attempts to haul the monk off of his opponent.

Attempting to better strike his foe, Ardiente uses one of the many techniques he learned while he was a guard Using Exploit weakness 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25 vs a DC of 10+CR. If it succeeds he gets +2 to attacks. Regardless the next actions happens.

The former guardsman rains down vicious elbows on the face of Lord del Sol, his fiery temper finally getting the best of him. 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (11) + 32 = 43 I believe I need to make a grapple check first, then I can auto deal unarmed strike damage which is 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (7, 3) + 9 = 19 and assuming I keep the grapple, and thus deal the damage, I will now use Stunning Fist as well, DC 27


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

Lord del Sol continued chanting, but the aura of silence surrounding Ardiente makes his words inaudible, interrupting the spell.

Jiminy uses magic to step through the back wall just as the arcane energies start to swirl out of control.

Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (3) + 30 = 33

(Fei is trying to determine if he can continue with his plan to extract Raelle, or if he needs to start absorbing magic before the area gets a bad case of explosion...)

Ironic, I know ;)


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
Zix considers this :: you are bipedal and of roughly appropriate height for a student here to be able to use the equipment properly. If you would like some remedial.. I mean intruductory courses there is a red book in the chest in the south west corner of the room room. Second from the top shelf on the left side, that details the magical theory behind proper technique to draw forth magical power from within yourself in the form of the 'spark' cantrip. There is a "how to" section in chapter four if that would help::

Marcell snickers softly.

"Does your telepathy usually send repeat words?"
marcell's already looking for the book, feeling no need to maintain eye contact as he talks. Zix's spesific instruction means he does find it rather quickly, flicking open the book, taking a momentary glance at it, and muttering
"... So you just..."
Marcell makes a soft crackling sound, before he casts spark... Directly on the book.
"Uh."

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

:: ... :: the book burns many bright and strange colors, some you don't think there are names for, and you can see faces and other images as the book glows, but in seconds the two floating orbs circle the book and shoot cooling magics at you and the book. When he smoke from the small fire clears you note that the once prestige book has been blackened and is coated in a light sheen of frost.
take 1d3 ⇒ 1 cold damage
:: it was my intention that you read the book not to choose it as the target of your magics. But no matter, before I again have students incapable of projecting their magics outside their body I will be able to rebind the book. Would you like the book on prestidigitation or are you ready to move beyond cantrips?::


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:

:: ... :: the book burns many bright and strange colors, some you don't think there are names for, and you can see faces and other images as the book glows, but in seconds the two floating orbs circle the book and shoot cooling magics at you and the book. When he smoke from the small fire clears you note that the once prestige book has been blackened and is coated in a light sheen of frost.

take 1d3 cold damage
:: it was my intention that you read the book not to choose it as the target of your magics. But no matter, before I again have students incapable of projecting their magics outside their body I will be able to rebind the book. Would you like the book on prestidigitation or are you ready to move beyond cantrips?::

"Didn't, actually know I was casting the spell..."

Marcell fidgets, putting the burnt book down and mostly ignoring the cold.
"I uh? Guess I could try. I'm not really sure if I can, or if it'll work out well..."

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

Once the fire is put out the two constructs return to floating around the room in apparently random directions
At your proclamation six raises one eyebrow ridge and responds ::that is unexpected, we should perhaps stick to cantrips for now then, the book on prestidigitation is the purple one, two to the left of the one you just burned. And here, take this:: he says before pulling open a drawr containing about a dozen sets of monocls, glasses, gemstones and goggles and pulls one out your preference and projects to you :: here put this on your eyes as you begin to read, it should at least let you see what you're doing these are lenses of detect magic
:: the version of the broader spell known as prestidigitation that I wish you to cast is known as Mork's lesser celebratory fireworks, if you feel you need a target, please shoot at this:: he says, creating an illusionary red bull's eye :: try to do what you did for the last spell but when it leaves your body you need to try to continue to feel it, and then detonate it some distance from your body::


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:

Once the fire is put out the two constructs return to floating around the room in apparently random directions

At your proclamation six raises one eyebrow ridge and responds ::that is unexpected, we should perhaps stick to cantrips for now then, the book on prestidigitation is the purple one, two to the left of the one you just burned. And here, take this:: he says before pulling open a drawr containing about a dozen sets of monocls, glasses, gemstones and goggles and pulls one out your preference and projects to you :: here put this on your eyes as you begin to read, it should at least let you see what you're doing these are lenses of detect magic
:: the version of the broader spell known as prestidigitation that I wish you to cast is known as Mork's lesser celebratory fireworks, if you feel you need a target, please shoot at this:: he says, creating an illusionary red bull's eye :: try to do what you did for the last spell but when it leaves your body you need to try to continue to feel it, and then detonate it some distance from your body::

Marcell nods, and puts on the goggles, before taking a look at the next book. He flicks through the pages, and mumbles some incoherent phrase, and numerous things in the room change color, feathers fly all over the place, and numerous sections of the wall change texture.

"... Uh."

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

The six armed man strokes his chin with his upper left hand with his middle set crossed and supporting that arm:: you put the stresses on the words wrong, your speech was slurred, you used too much power, and your visualization was likely rushed but that was a fairly impressive first attempt at the spell, and for having just come to a magic rich environment this displays a very rapid growth in magical proficiency. I want you to practice with those two spells over the weekend whenever you feel like you have the spare energy. Feel free to borrow hat book.:: he goes to a path of the wall ::to overcome the magical resistance of the wall in such a short time, even by accident and in such a minor way speaks well of the amount of power you have available to call on. I expect steady improvement now that you've shown me that you are not completely hopeless.:: he picks up a feather ::if these do not disapate on their own, I do expect you to clean up after yourself:: he says before a thought occurs to him :: here go to the ward testing room here and use them for the target of your new spells::


Male Sapphire Dragon

Marcell shifts akwardly in place.
"I put power into my spells? I just... Said something. If I'm doing anything speical, I'm not really aware of it. There was no visualization or goal, just... I read the page. So I'm just... Reading it wrong?"
Marcell, naturally, repeats the strange set of sounds somewhat louder, and numerous tiny marbles appear.
"Uh, sorry."
Marcell starts picking up the skattered mess of feathers and marbles.

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

::perhaps that is the mistake you are makin-.. Wait.. Are you aware that you are speaking when you cast those spells?::


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
::perhaps that is the mistake you are makin-.. Wait.. Are you aware that you are speaking when you cast those spells?::

"Of course! I was reading it out loud. Uhm. I think."

Marcell closes the book.
"I mean, it's not like I can't just say ...."
Marcell pauses, a moment, attempting to make the same odd string of sounds, and just ending up choking a bit.

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

::interesting, very interesting...: he conjure up 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 small birds before writing a string of words in the air in an illusion before firing a bolt of magic at one of the birds turning it into harmless raw magic once again :: try to read this phrase while looking at the bird::
he cast a summon monster spell and a magic missile, the words written with an illusion spell are the verbal component for magic missile


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:

::interesting, very interesting...: he conjure up 1d4+1 small birds before writing a string of words in the air in an illusion before firing a bolt of magic at one of the birds turning it into harmless raw magic once again :: try to read this phrase while looking at the bird::

he cast a summon monster spell and a magic missile, the words written with an illusion spell are the verbal component for magic missile

Marcelo tries to look at both the bird and the text at the same time, akwardly moving about to line up a bird with the text, before he starts to read off the text, gets halfway through, and chokes, sending off a small arcane ball from his pointer finger, that floats limply to the floor like a bubble, before fading.


Male Humanoid

Miss Jones Office

Andromeda Sunwake, the 'Bossy' wrote:

She laughed. "Whatever rep that is, it'll be short lived. I bet you anything by the end of the month the only reputation I'll have is as 'one of the guys' and 'total weirdo'. And probably a little bit of bossy as well. Cause I kind of am. It's kind of a family trait. Family meetings are mostly everyone trying to boss everyone else around."

"And I think the arrows are more of a pick a problem kind of thing. Before we had the arrows people kept getting lost and ending up late for classes because the classroom was in a totally different place. Although it moves around more now than it used to. Changing needs I guess. Although, to be fair, then and now most of the rearranging is due to the infirmary constantly hopping around to help out people with emergencies by making their route shorter. More students means more emergencies."

This results in a shrug of sorts from Tryko'Sam. Didn't sound too efficient in his mind, but, magic. Reasons. He tucked the thought on the matter away, since they'd reached the door based on the arrows.

Andromeda Sunwake, the Guide wrote:

"Okay, here we are," she said, knocking on Miss Jones's door and swinging it open without waiting for a reply.

"Hey, I'm back. And I brought the other guy who you need to look at. Umm.....I got some really interesting, and to be clear I don't mean good interesting, results from the detect spells," she said, not bothering with niceties like introductions.

A short, brief, smile occurs from Tryko'Sam upon hearing what Andromeda says, and then he takes in the view. He does appear perceptive enough to spot details, and the room and the female certainly took up his attention, mostly ending in a frown of sorts.

Miss Jones wrote:

Miss Jones had been sitting at her desk grading papers. She raised an eyebrow at Andromeda's behavior. She was not one to tolerate a lack of manners.

"Please sit down Miss Sunwake. And in future please remember that it is customary to wait for a reply after you knock before entering a room," she said coolly.

She turned her gaze towards Tryko'Sam and stands up, walking around her desk. "Hello. I am Miss Jones, the Enchantment teacher. And you are?" she asked in a clipped, businesslike tone.

Tryko'Sam sees a woman somewhere between the ages of twenty and fifty (probably) of medium height with blonde hair pulled back into a severe up-do, not a strand out of place. She is slender and her posture is impeccable. But her clothes seem to have been chosen for their ugliness. From her overly sensible blocky high heel shoes to her suit with it's below the knee skirt (at just that most unflattering length) to her blouse that was buttoned all the way up to her neck and lacked any sort of feminine details that might have made it appealing. And she was wearing large thick framed glasses. On most this would have created an appearance of dowdiness. But Miss Jones in spite of all her efforts to the contrary was still quite attractive. If you didn't mind being glared at.

"Tryko'Sam, one word, only name I remember and I'll start by saying confused, for sure -- both by the current process going on, but, hey, magic's new to me. Guessing those rounds she pumped me with back on the knoll gave her some insight to my 'situation' post abuse by something dark and nas--" at this point he twitches a second, looking anywhere but in the room as his eyes slam shut rapidly in reaction to the feeling he gets, his thought process completely shattered.

Not quite doubling over, but looking ill, he soon regains himself and looks back towards she of glare obscuring beauty. "You're really quite beautiful, why are you hiding that?" Her 'visible' age doesn't seem to stop his mouth or announcement.

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

:: not bad for a first attempt. How do you feel?::


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
narrator wrote:
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen stops mid stride and holds his left arm up in a closed fist, indicating they should stop.

"HQ, Grunt. Confirm site five is hot, over."
"Grunt, cannot confirm at this time. Ground team has not yet reported in. We currently have radio silence, over."

"Copy that, Grunt out." Shrugs and Elektra and keeps on toward the farmhouse.


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

The two guards fail in their attempts to haul the monk off of his opponent.

Attempting to better strike his foe, Ardiente uses one of the many techniques he learned while he was a guard Using Exploit weakness 1d20+23 vs a DC of 10+CR. If it succeeds he gets +2 to attacks. Regardless the next actions happens.

The former guardsman rains down vicious elbows on the face of Lord del Sol, his fiery temper finally getting the best of him. 1d20+32 I believe I need to make a grapple check first, then I can auto deal unarmed strike damage which is 2d8+9 and assuming I keep the grapple, and thus deal the damage, I will now use Stunning Fist as well, DC 27

Exploit weakness doesn't work in this case.

1d20 ⇒ 2
Not a one, so he makes the save versus Stunning Fist.
Aithne del Sol was screaming curses that no one could hear as blood flowed from his broken nose.


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

Lord del Sol continued chanting, but the aura of silence surrounding Ardiente makes his words inaudible, interrupting the spell.

Jiminy uses magic to step through the back wall just as the arcane energies start to swirl out of control.

Spellcraft check: 1d20+30

(Fei is trying to determine if he can continue with his plan to extract Raelle, or if he needs to start absorbing magic before the area gets a bad case of explosion...)

Ironic, I know ;)

The magic has gone unstable and will explode soon, but it is sort of building up to critical first. You're best guess is between 1 and five minutes before the area goes boom.


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
:: not bad for a first attempt. How do you feel?::

"Uhm... The same as before?"


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Where did my silence effect come from?


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Where did my silence effect come from?

Jiminy cast a special variant of silence on all of you guys before you came in.


Image
Tryko'Sam wrote:


"Tryko'Sam, one word, only name I remember and I'll start by saying confused, for sure -- both by the current process going on, but, hey, magic's new to me. Guessing those rounds she pumped me with back on the knoll gave her some insight to my 'situation' post abuse by something dark and nas--" at this point he twitches a second, looking anywhere but in the room as his eyes slam shut rapidly in reaction to the feeling he gets, his thought process completely shattered.

Not quite doubling over, but looking ill, he soon regains himself and looks back towards she of glare obscuring beauty. "You're really quite beautiful, why are you hiding that?" Her 'visible' age doesn't seem to stop his mouth or announcement.

"I prefer to be appreciated for my mind," she said dryly. "If you would please sit down, Tryko'Sam. She might be lacking in the manners department, but Miss Sunwake is a competent healer. If she thinks that there is a problem, it is at least worth investigating. I would like to begin with the same sort of spells that she has already cast. Because I have more experience with magic than she does, I might gain information that she missed. Once that is done I will know more about what the next step should be. I assure you that I will not proceed with anything without your express permission."


current combat map group 1

The infirmary is somewhat silent for a bit then suddenly the lights start to flicker, then several small electrical arcs and explosions.

then an odd sound

materializing in the center of the infirmary out of thin air, a metal cylinder about 5 feet diameter and about 6 feet high.

there is a sudden surge in artron radiation emanating from the cylinder.

there also appears to be several scorch marks on the sides of it, that look a lot like reside from energy weapons.

give some a chance to respond first here

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5
Marcell Harmonious wrote:
Zix wrote:
:: not bad for a first attempt. How do you feel?::
"Uhm... The same as before?"

::no fatigue, head ache, dizziness or burning sensation?:: he nods and thinks :: have you noticed any changes in your rune?::


Male Humanoid

Miss Jones Office

Miss Jones wrote:
"I prefer to be appreciated for my mind," she said dryly. "If you would please sit down, Tryko'Sam. She might be lacking in the manners department, but Miss Sunwake is a competent healer. If she thinks that there is a problem, it is at least worth investigating. I would like to begin with the same sort of spells that she has already cast. Because I have more experience with magic than she does, I might gain information that she missed. Once that is done I will know more about what the next step should be. I assure you that I will not proceed with anything without your express permission.

"Gotcha. Well, rest assured-- proper gent here. How can I help? Not exactly 100% beyond the physical, and I know I don't feel right... so..."

He shrugs at that and then adds, "Go for it. When we start talking mental probes, that's where I'll start getting nervous. Bad habit. Not entirely sure why anymore."


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
Marcell Harmonious wrote:
Zix wrote:
:: not bad for a first attempt. How do you feel?::
"Uhm... The same as before?"
::no fatigue, head ache, dizziness or burning sensation?:: he nods and thinks :: have you noticed any changes in your rune?::

"... No, it's the same as it always is."


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
Ginni wrote:

Will save: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 4 = 36

Demon-Ginni blinks away across the landscape, desperately trying to escape. This was not how she planned for things to go. Well, I mean, you can't argue with success. Except when it's trying to devour you. No, you can't argue with it then either. Run, yes. Argue, no.
Demon-Ginni in the maze: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
And in a massive case of worst timing ever, demon-Ginni # 1 finally finds her way out of the maze.

Actual Ginni:
Ginni stands up, looking panicked as she is no longer feeling reassurance from Phaezeriel. He seems more dangerous right now than her demon half. She doesn't know exactly what her demonic counterpart did to him, but she is sure that it was very, very bad. She needed help, and there was only one person she could get help from right now. Melody was still much too far away.
Ginni blinks and reappears at Ace's pillar. She puts her hands on it and doesn't so much call as drag him here into her mental landscape.
Hope you were sitting down because wherever you were, you just slumped over unconscious.
He sees three succubus-Ginni's when he arrives. One is flying towards them. One is flying as far away as she possibly can. And one is grabbing his arm.
::Ace, demon-me did something bad to Phaezeriel. I don't know what it is, but he isn't safe anymore. He isn't safe. Please, you need to keep him away from me. All of me. Even the evil bits who won't stop causing trouble. Please.::

In the Isolation room...

Phaezeriel's eyes pop open, almost comically wide, and a look of disbelief tinged with horror spreads over his face, ::No! No no no no no...not now!:: Red begins to slowly seep into his eyes from the edges. He turns to Tamina, and his thoughts are nearly panicked and turning more hostile by the word, ::Tamina, Run! Get Vai! Go! Now!::

I don't wanna be a bad guy! 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25.
Oh. Well then.

The Collective...

Just before he is pulled into Ginni's mind, Ace can feel the collective shift. It is as if the friendly and compassionate mind that was the force behind the collective had turned dark and sadistic. It was trying to figure out how to change the collective so that it could strike at Ace directly. And Ace is certain that it is only a matter of time before it succeeds. And then it is gone. The collective simply disappears.

In Ginni's Mind

Phaezeriel shudders as the Demon-Ginni breaks free from his mental grip. He acts like someone who has been asleep for a long time and is just starting to become comfortable moving his body again. He takes a deep breath, and when he opens his eyes, the red glow bursts forth twice as bright. And suddenly Ace is in front of him...

"Ace" wrote:

He then mimics Ginni, and blinks to Phaez, interposing himself between the quasit and his prey.

"Phaez, easy buddy, calm down. This isn't you, not anymore. You've conquered that aspect of yourself, and right now, Ginni needs you to help her do the same."

Phaezeriel looks at Ace, and his thoughts are wrong. Wrong like the scent of meat that has just turned rancid, like the taste of spoiled milk in your mouth when you expected a delicious drink, ::I cannot say I am surprised to see you in here, Ace. It was a good move on her part. But her Demon was too clever for its own good, waking me; I am hungry.:: Another Phaezeriel appears beside the first. Then two more beside them. Then four. In two blinks of an eye there are dozens of him. The webwork pillar behind them begins to pulse with a dark energy to be echoed utterly at random by each of the Phaezeriels before Ace and each one folds its arms over its chest, smirking.

A way back? 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38.

There is a brief flash of silver from the eyes of the first Phaezeriel and a flash of horror on his face before the red returns and the cruel smile returns.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace, for all that he is surrounded by a small army of Paezeriel's, appears unphased. He twirls his staff and plants into the ground, hard. ::"While I do not wish to you fight you, if I must do so to protect Ginni, then so be it. One last warning my friend, and a reminder. Think of Vai, and how she would react to seeing you like this, right now. Do not make me fight you."::

For the record, using the stats of 'Default Ace' in my profile.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
The magic has gone unstable and will explode soon, but it is sort of building up to critical first. You're best guess is between 1 and five minutes before the area goes boom.

::We have, at best, between 1 and 5 minutes to clear this area before the magic here detonates.:: Fei updates telepathically as he continues forward toward his objective.

Unless he is intercepted or attacked by either of the two women at the circle, Fei tries to get to Raelle and pick her up.

If anything on his Spellcraft checks tell him that entering the circle is a bad idea, he will alter his action accordingly.

75,051 to 75,100 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1497 | 1498 | 1499 | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.