The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


75,251 to 75,300 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | 1508 | 1509 | 1510 | 1511 | next > last >>

Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Krays wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
Krays wrote:
Ephebe wrote:


::That sounds wonderful. It's been a tense evening. Thankfully not a tragic one. Exactly. I'll explain when I get there,:: she replied. She sounded tired.
::Very well. I've already told them I'm coming to get food for us. They didn't sound happy for some reason.:: She can easily sense his amusement.

It was hard to keep her outward expression neutral to hide her inner amusement. The cafeteria staff had been vaguely suspicious ever since Andromeda showed up. They seemed to think that the whole thing was a scam to get twice as much food.

Once Fi and the girls headed to the infirmary, cleared to visit Raelle now that she was safe, she closed her office, setting the alarm chime to alert her if anyone came looking for her, and headed for the nursery for some much needed time with the babies.

Krays will arrive later, with a food warmer bag of holding. He gives her a warm kiss, then starts laying out pans covered in foil.

"I didn't know if you were ready for lasagna again or not, so I asked for various of these enchiladas..? this time. There's beef, chicken and pork... They smell to die for."

"So did the lasagna," she joked. "Which is why I'm glad you didn't go with that this time." She shook her head. "Actually, I barely remember the lasagna incident. I suppose that's why I have such an easy time forgiving Nala for trying to kill me. I wasn't entirely there. It was my body, but I was locked up in my own mind trying to run away from myself at the time. I can watch the memories of what happened, like a movie that happened to someone else. But they don't feel personal. And you know me. I'm happy with any food that involves large quantities of melted cheese," she said, trying to figure out which enchilada pan was which.


Empire Space

"Dammit, how did they find us?" Asch cursed, glancing around the corner of the hallway where a unit of imperial forces was closing on their position.
"How isn't important now, love," Amada said, with a worried glance at their very frightened charges. They'd been in bad spots before, but unlike them the people they were trying to rescue couldn't teleport out if everything went wrong. "What's important is finding another route to the extraction point."
Just then the radio cut in. "The extraction point is a no go. We are working on extracting ourselves at the moment. You need to go with plan B," the voice of Jim Rivets said. There was a great deal of noise in the background indicating that the battle was currently worse at their location than it was at Asch and Amada's, though Enre was particularly good at dealing with those situations. So all hope wasn't lost yet.
"What does that mean?" one of the resistance agents they were there to rescue asked nervously.
"It means run," Asch said, grimly, positioning himself to defend the rear as the group fled through the corridors of the space station.

To be continued....


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace makes his way to the cafeteria, and proceeds to load up several trays for both himself and Ginni. He also grabs a little bit extra, in case Tami changes her mind. I know her and Ace have eaten together in the past, so I'm sure he knows more or less what her eating habits are.

Gonna leave this open for now, in case anybody wants to interact with Ace, before he heads back to the infirmary


M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

"Take them to the firebird encampment outside Avalon. And release them into the custody of Sorchan del Sol. He'll meet you there. And go easy on the guards. They're not in control of their actions. There's a chance they'll never be in control of their actions again. Won't know for sure until I've had a chance to examine their spell book more closely. But prospects aren't great. And those are family members of your fellow pilots, Sunbeam. Something to be aware of, over," he replied on the radio while Fei funneled the magical energies through the portal.

"Copy that, Boss. I'll make this the nicest flight they're likely to get for a while, over." He takes off, heading toward Avalon, with none of the in-flight shenanigans he was mulling over...He'll land just outside of the refugee camp, send word to Sorchan he had his quarry(s), and begin to unload the containment cells.


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Ephebe wrote:


"So did the lasagna," she joked. "Which is why I'm glad you didn't go with that this time." She shook her head. "Actually, I barely remember the lasagna incident. I suppose that's why I have such an easy time forgiving Nala for trying to kill me. I wasn't entirely there. It was my body, but I was locked up in my own mind trying to run away from myself at the time. I can watch the memories of what happened, like a movie that happened to someone else. But they don't feel personal. And you know me. I'm happy with any food that involves large quantities of melted cheese," she said, trying to figure out which enchilada pan was which.

"Well you're both pretty different from back then, so it's like the people to forgive and be forgiven no longer exist, in a way..." seeing the quizzical look on his wife's face he introduces dinner, by removing the foil from the various pans.

"Let's see...*cheese* sauce is chicken...red sauce is pork...and green chili sauce is beef..." He looks around for something, then says "...and the silverware is still in the bag...somewhere."


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen goes through the routine of securing the shuttle after they land, and begins to head, with Elektra, to the base.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

Jiminy opens a portal in the wall to an area of deep space with nothing but asteroids in it, keeping half of his concentration on keeping the portal stable while he fielded questions from the other members of the team.

"Take them to the firebird encampment outside Avalon. And release them into the custody of Sorchan del Sol. He'll meet you there. And go easy on the guards. They're not in control of their actions. There's a chance they'll never be in control of their actions again. Won't know for sure until I've had a chance to examine their spell book more closely. But prospects aren't great. And those are family members of your fellow pilots, Sunbeam. Something to be aware of, over," he replied on the radio while Fei funneled the magical energies through the portal.

As soon as the portal opens, Fei begins absorbing the unstable magic from the circle. Absorbing as much as he can immediately to buy them some more time, he then starts discharging the rest through the portal. A plume of silver-white energy erupts from his outstretched hand, casting the inside of the building into a harsh combination of light and shadow.

Fei's nanosuit begins to change color from its current 'tactical' matte black. The normally-emerald lines of 'circuitry' lacing it brighten to the same silver-white of the energy burst, and new lines begin to form as the young monk funnels more and more of the magic from the circle.


Male Humanoid

Miss Jones Office

Miss Jones wrote:
*made Spellcheck, 'signature' obtained!*
Miss Sunwake wrote:
Andromeda looked puzzled. "Well, first of all, your temporal signature appears to be entirely normal. Like you actually belong in this universe. So that's a bit of strangeness. And second, why is age a non-discussed topic? Is this a human thing? Because of the crazy short lifespan?"

Tryko'Sam looks up from the scarf considering Andromeda after her comment. "If the issue has to do with whatever this scarf is -- blocking, as best I can tell, maybe it's the impulses? Maya, you didn't drop in a dose of crazy in my head when helping patch up my memories this last time after that thing got into me, literally? For however long it did?"


Female Avalon Professor

Miss Jones Office

Miss Jones wrote:
*made Spellcheck, 'signature' obtained!*
Miss Sunwake wrote:
Andromeda looked puzzled. "Well, first of all, your temporal signature appears to be entirely normal. Like you actually belong in this universe. So that's a bit of strangeness. And second, why is age a non-discussed topic? Is this a human thing? Because of the crazy short lifespan?"
Mister Tryko'Sam wrote:
Tryko'Sam looks up from the scarf considering Andromeda after her comment. "If the issue has to do with whatever this scarf is -- blocking, as best I can tell, maybe it's the impulses? Maya, you didn't drop in a dose of crazy in my head when helping patch up my memories this last time after that thing got into me, literally? For however long it did?"

While taking the time to listen to Tryko'Sam after Andromeda speaks, Maya then shakes her head briefly negative at his question before replying to Andromeda, "It is customary among the most gentile of my culture, to never inquire as to a female's age-- just bad form, Miss Sunwake, especially if just meeting for the first time between a boy and girl. Besides, age is such an irrelevant matter sometimes. I've known mature men that can't get themselves organized to save their lives while essentially babes out of the woods are more put together and organized. I wager to say that the whole inquiry into one's age, is falling into the judging a book by it's cover-- unless of course, someone wished to avoid going to jail due to the other's apparent youth." She appears to ramble a bit towards the end there, lost in thought on the topic.

Then turning her attention back she adds, "If, our patient, suffered some manner of mental issues, I can safely state that nothing was present when I assisted with his restoration of self after being kidnapped. If his physique is healthy, and his mind relatively intact without any psychosis we can determine -- that is to say, I sense none based on memory and understanding of his, what else could be affecting him in such a manner? Is there another school of ... " she takes a moment to smile faintly at the notion, "magic, our lack of full understanding selves, might be missing?" indicating herself, and likely, Tryko'Sam.

Tryko'Sam looks at the scarf again. "It would have to be opposite to what this is." He holds it up slightly to help indicate his point.


Image

"Cultural differences, Miss Sunwake," Miss Jones said, in response to Andromeda's puzzled look at Professor Rhys's response. "Such strictures are more common in cultures with strong gender separation, especially among those for whom fertility decreases with age. And yes, that does mean it is an attitude most commonly encountered among humans." she said primly. "But back to the subject at hand, I do not imply that Tryko'Sam is suffering from any form of psychosis. Trauma, yes, based on his own description. It is possible that there is more to the magic that is affecting him than the enchantment. I am an enchantment specialist, and that is what I am best able to identify. It is possible that their are other magics layered under it that might come to light with further study. The scarf is designed to counter destruction. As in the deific domain of. Please refrain from idle speculation, Miss Sunwake. I assure you, your uncle is aware of my unique circumstances," she added sharply.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"I wasn't going to say anything that time," Andromeda protested. "And I'm sure Uncle Ryo is totally cool with it. After all, he let my sister open an elementary school here, and she's a demon lord. Technically. Among other things. And I hear there's another teacher that turns into a giant tree creature. We're all weird here."


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Ghalen goes through the routine of securing the shuttle after they land, and begins to head, with Elektra, to the base.

Elektra shifts into her bird form once they're out of the shuttle, flying up to get a better view of what's ahead. Her bright orange and red feathers would be easy to spot during daylight, but in the dark it's not so easy to spot her.

::Fido and Phoenix have just landed. They're approaching from the other direction, but they parked a little farther out, so we'll probably get there first,:: she sent to Ghalen.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Krays wrote:
Ephebe wrote:


"So did the lasagna," she joked. "Which is why I'm glad you didn't go with that this time." She shook her head. "Actually, I barely remember the lasagna incident. I suppose that's why I have such an easy time forgiving Nala for trying to kill me. I wasn't entirely there. It was my body, but I was locked up in my own mind trying to run away from myself at the time. I can watch the memories of what happened, like a movie that happened to someone else. But they don't feel personal. And you know me. I'm happy with any food that involves large quantities of melted cheese," she said, trying to figure out which enchilada pan was which.

"Well you're both pretty different from back then, so it's like the people to forgive and be forgiven no longer exist, in a way..." seeing the quizzical look on his wife's face he introduces dinner, by removing the foil from the various pans.

"Let's see...*cheese* sauce is chicken...red sauce is pork...and green chili sauce is beef..." He looks around for something, then says "...and the silverware is still in the bag...somewhere."

"Oo neefs sivverway," she said through a large mouthful of chicken enchiladas.


Image
Mithros Phoebus wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

"Take them to the firebird encampment outside Avalon. And release them into the custody of Sorchan del Sol. He'll meet you there. And go easy on the guards. They're not in control of their actions. There's a chance they'll never be in control of their actions again. Won't know for sure until I've had a chance to examine their spell book more closely. But prospects aren't great. And those are family members of your fellow pilots, Sunbeam. Something to be aware of, over," he replied on the radio while Fei funneled the magical energies through the portal.

"Copy that, Boss. I'll make this the nicest flight they're likely to get for a while, over." He takes off, heading toward Avalon, with none of the in-flight shenanigans he was mulling over...He'll land just outside of the refugee camp, send word to Sorchan he had his quarry(s), and begin to unload the containment cells.

He didn't have to wait long before Sorchan showed up, his expression grim. He wasn't alone. There were guards from House Phoebus and House Svarog with him.

"Take them into custody, make sure to keep them restrained," Sorchan ordered. "Be gentle with the guards. They are victims, not criminals, but they can still be compelled to do violence if they are not kept restrained."


Image

As Tami held Ginni semi-upright to leave room for her wings to properly unfurl, she finally woke up with a gasp.
"What the heck happened to my feet?" she shrieked as she got her first glimpse of her new hooves. "They do not make shoes for these!" It was one thing to come to grips with her demon self in the mental plane, but that didn't mean she was totally on board with the actual physical changes.


Empire Space
Jim shepherded the group, mostly women and small children, through the hall as Enre cut down any that followed them. They were almost at the secondary extraction point. Only 30 feet to go. Suddenly there was silence behind them. Jim turned to look. Enre was frozen in mid-swing. He had a sudden terrible feeling about this. He only just had time to see a flash of gold out of the corner of his eye.

To be continued....


Image

Alev and Ardiente were left waiting by the shuttles as Fei and Jiminy dealt with the magical fallout.
"You okay, man? Can't have been easy. Wasn't easy for me, so I can only assume that you're still trying to simmer down from the whole murderous rage thing."


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Medical Scans

The medical scanner show what is happening inside the chrysalis. Phaezeriel's body is undergoing a substantial change; he is growing in height and mass by at least double, his facial structure is changing and becoming less bestial, and his abdominal skeletal and muscular structure is changing to accommodate a new pair of limbs.

The nano-monitors show that he is in some small amount of physical distress, but it is not life-threatening.

Magical Scans

The Null-Psi shell around Phaezeriel's chryaslis must be very specific, as certain magics are still able to penetrate it; specifically, those that are tied to the anti-demon wards of the school. Those wards are detecting a non-authorized demonic energy source in the isolation room where he is.

Physical Senses

The chrysalis around Phaezeriel is hard, like a shell, and dry. Occasionally, small sounds can be heard from inside as if something has scraped against it.


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Ephebe wrote:


"Oo neefs sivverway," she said through a large mouthful of chicken enchiladas.

Krays laughs!

"Fair enough..." he eats some of the beef enchiladas, then when he's finished chewing asks "What did you want to tell me about?"


M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock
Sorchan del Sol wrote:


He didn't have to wait long before Sorchan showed up, his expression grim. He wasn't alone. There were guards from House Phoebus and House Svarog with him.
"Take them into custody, make sure to keep them restrained," Sorchan ordered. "Be gentle with the guards. They are victims, not criminals, but they can still be compelled to do violence if they are not kept restrained."

After they see to the prisoners...

"Excuse me, sir, but...is Raelle going to be alright?" He asks Sorchan.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas follows the arrows into he cafeteria, his sister on his shoulders. He looks around for any of their cousins before spotting chindra having a bite to eat, so they amble along to her before Lucas removes the girl on his shoulders to place her at the table and sending his familiar off to fetch some snacks for himself and his sister.


Cindra looks up as Lucas and Phaedra approach, smiling at her cousins warmly, "Hi guys! How have you been?" She dips a small piece of charcoal in kerosene before popping it into her mouth. She gestures to the plate, but does not speak with a full mouth.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

"Quite well, yes. Phaedra here merely wished to spend a little more time with family" he says, patting the girl on her back.


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
Zix frowns :: you are relying too much on raw power and not enough on the structure of the spell, it needs to be rigid, remember this is pure magical force, you don't have to worry about the crumpling cushion metallic armor requires, utilize the full strength of the magic you place into the spell. That said this is rather impressive for a first go at the spell. Most people have an easier time with evocations of in some cases illusions, as the key to lower level evocations is the visualization of the effect, and most people have a rather easy time picturing a wave of fire coming from their hands:: his mental voice is tinged with amused derision. ::visualizing a ward and the interlocking structure within it and then maintaining that visual for a neigh invisible shield is hard for most neophytes. That being said, your shield is distorting too much, a sign that parts of it are fighting other parts and he resonance can be spotted with the naked eye. Now then for practice I want you to try to correct that visual and hold the spell for as long as possible.:: he says and opens a drawr on his desk with three counterclockwise twists on the nob and pulls out a pocket watch to hand it to him.

Marcell takes the pocketwatch, and tries the spell again, visualizing an interlocking network of magic... And ends up putting even more magic into the spell, causing it to crystallize into a somewhat clear crystal shield, floating in the air. Marcell is just poaring magic into the shield as he starts the timer, flooding as much magic into this simple, trivial spell as most mage's would do for spells like finger of death or disintigrate yet he doesn't look even remotely phased, as he simply keeps holding the spell.


Cindra's eyes twinkle a little with amusement at the formal way of speaking Lucas almost always used, "Well, here I am." She smiles at Phaedra, "How are you liking Avalon, Phaedra?"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
"soooooooo how do you know the medicine....?" he asks eyeing the scissors warily.

the woman holds the sizzors open, and, unless stopped, uses them to cut the cast like a knife, with quite a bit of speed and precision, and a large amount of force, but never touches the wing itself.

"How do you know how to speak local?"


Lesser True Pheonix Familiar/companion

A large red bird brings a bucket of charcoal and coffee beans drizzled in dark chocolate and kerosene.
Lucas thanks the bird and pats it on it's head before taking a handful of each of the bits of food.


Figment Narrator 20

"Well I used to be someone else, and I can almost remember some of it... Sometimes... Almost..."

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

::well done yes, just like that, and hold it like that:: he says his mental voice sounding oddly pleased.
He then holds out one of his many hands allowing a rubber ball to fly into it, before he tosses it underhandedly at your shield no magic is involved in the throw


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mithros Phoebus wrote:

After they see to the prisoners...
"Excuse me, sir, but...is Raelle going to be alright?" He asks Sorchan.

PLAYER THREE HAS ENTERED THE MATCH.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Arthur Barren wrote:
"Fascinating the space has a shrunken exterior without the accompanying shrunken interior, the power involved in this device is astounding, on the magnitude of collapsing stars or siphoned energy from other universes, but how to open-eh? Mels? Mel!" He says as she appears practically within his arms and he picks her up twirling her in the air, a look of joy in his bag laden eyes "you're ok!"

Mel laughs and is definitely happy to be back. Once she is put back down, she turns to close the door she came from on the "ship"

sorry about this but Susan has to go, something about a time paradox or some such thing. she takes Arthur by the arm and drags him away from the cylinder. come-on, we need to step back.

Shortly after with a sound similar to when it arrived, the cylinder de-materializes and is gone.

Mel looks to Arthur, [b]so what do you think of my new hat? indicating the straw wide brimmed "farmer" hat she now wears.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

He snorts "not sure if you have the shoulders or tan for it, but so long as it has you in it I don't mind isn't the slightest"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
"Well I used to be someone else, and I can almost remember some of it... Sometimes... Almost..."

"Yes. So... How can you speak our language?"


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:

::well done yes, just like that, and hold it like that:: he says his mental voice sounding oddly pleased.

He then holds out one of his many hands allowing a rubber ball to fly into it, before he tosses it underhandedly at your shield no magic is involved in the throw

the ball bounces off, and Marcell smiles.

"It worked!"


Figment Narrator 20

The not-quite-dragon-not-quite-bird tilts his head to the side confused "um... Magic?"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
The not-quite-dragon-not-quite-bird tilts his head to the side confused "um... Magic?"

the woman makes a little hand jesture.

"And there's your answer."

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

::yes well done:: he says before the ball bounces off the ground and aims itself at the back of the small child's head as per sustained thrust telekinesis

if it hits the child:

:: but there is always room for improvement, for now simply work on the duration we'll work on the reactiveness of the shield next::

if the shield moves to block the ball:

::yes, well done indeed. I officially decree this to be a fully functional shield spell, we just need to find out how long you can hold one up. My personal shields generally last twelve to fourteen hours per casting, but if you can get your shield to last twenty miniutes that would be perfectly serviceable::


Figment Narrator 20

The feathered serpent huffs at that answer "medical treatment techniques for beings of widely different structures both external and internal are a little more complicated than being able to understand the same gibberish as someone else... Are you done over there? I'm hungry and I want to be able to go stretch these things when it gets darker out,"


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Phaezeriel wrote:

Medical Scans

The medical scanner show what is happening inside the chrysalis. Phaezeriel's body is undergoing a substantial change; he is growing in height and mass by at least double, his facial structure is changing and becoming less bestial, and his abdominal skeletal and muscular structure is changing to accommodate a new pair of limbs.

The nano-monitors show that he is in some small amount of physical distress, but it is not life-threatening.

Magical Scans

The Null-Psi shell around Phaezeriel's chryaslis must be very specific, as certain magics are still able to penetrate it; specifically, those that are tied to the anti-demon wards of the school. Those wards are detecting a non-authorized demonic energy source in the isolation room where he is.

Physical Senses

The chrysalis around Phaezeriel is hard, like a shell, and dry. Occasionally, small sounds can be heard from inside as if something has scraped against it.

Ryleh examined the results and used the room's datapad to sign into the security system. She wasn't sure which demon it was freaking out about at the moment. Probably both, since the girl hadn't been a full demon before, and Phaezeriel was no longer matching his description on file. She told it to stand down for now.

"According to the scanner, Phaezeriel is experiencing a rather substantial transformation. Changes in height, mass, and skeletal structure. It is painful, but he is in no danger at the moment," she said, hoping that information would help alleviate at least some of the worry.


Image

Ginni winced, and not just from the pain of trying to stand on her new 'feet'. "This is my fault, isn't it?"


"N-no! It's not!" Vai said with surprising fierceness, finally breaking out of the paralyzingly fear of her own memories. "It's not your fault! You didn't do anything wrong. You're not to blame. A-and Phaeze is going to be alright. He has to be. He's strong. I'm sure that he can pull through this," she said, clenching her fists tightly as if she could physically hold on to that idea.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Krays wrote:
Ephebe wrote:


"Oo neefs sivverway," she said through a large mouthful of chicken enchiladas.

Krays laughs!

"Fair enough..." he eats some of the beef enchiladas, then when he's finished chewing asks "What did you want to tell me about?"

She sighed. "Which do I start with? Raelle was kidnapped this afternoon. By her own grandparents no less. She was recovered and is resting in the infirmary. Having to pull her sisters away from their friends to tell them was...not peasant. They've all been through enough already. And I'm starting to despair of Ignace ever getting better when she gets hit with another crisis every time she tries to do something normal," she said with a grimace.

"And the other thing.....I did something. Will do something. It's a two part something. It went wrong. Well, sort of. More like it went horribly right. And it's going to go wrong. Tenses are hard."


Image
Mithros Phoebus wrote:
Sorchan del Sol wrote:


He didn't have to wait long before Sorchan showed up, his expression grim. He wasn't alone. There were guards from House Phoebus and House Svarog with him.
"Take them into custody, make sure to keep them restrained," Sorchan ordered. "Be gentle with the guards. They are victims, not criminals, but they can still be compelled to do violence if they are not kept restrained."

After they see to the prisoners...

"Excuse me, sir, but...is Raelle going to be alright?" He asks Sorchan.

Sorchan hesitated. "Yes, she's going to be alright. And I am trying not to think about how close she was to not being. Because murdering one's parents is frowned on. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't considering it anyway," he added with a grimace.


Image
Cindra Svarog wrote:
Cindra looks up as Lucas and Phaedra approach, smiling at her cousins warmly, "Hi guys! How have you been?" She dips a small piece of charcoal in kerosene before popping it into her mouth. She gestures to the plate, but does not speak with a full mouth.

Phaedra's lower lip trembled in spite of herself. "Lonely!" she said, tears threatening to spill over again. "There's hardly any firebirds in my class at all. And I miss everyone."


Empire Space
The radio had gone eerily silent. Amada kept trying to reach Enre and Jim, but still no reply. They couldn't see behind them because the hallway was cloaked in deep shadows, but occasionally they could hear a scream through the dark when Asch caught someone foolish enough to follow them. Amada led the frightened group through the station towards the secondary rendezvous point, but they were abruptly stopped most of the way there by a pressure door that had dropped sealing the hallway. Through the porthole they could see that a large chunk of the space station had been ripped away. The body of a five year old child drifted across the window and one of the resistance members screamed. A family member no doubt. Amada could feel the wave of crushing despair hit the group. There were other bodies drifting out there. And she could just make out the mangled shape of Enre's sword, although there was no sign at all of Enre or Jim. She turned, tears streaming down her face as Asch stepped out of the shadows to find out why they had stopped.
To be continued...


Cindra smiles at her cousin with no patronizing or condescending attitude, "It is strange to be around so many other kinds of people, isn't it? It is hard to get used to. But if you give them a chance, they might surprise you. And you can come visit me any time I am not in class; I am in the library a lot."

She pauses for a moment, then tries a distraction tactic, "Is there anything you like about the school? Anything interesting?"


Image
Cindra Svarog wrote:

Cindra smiles at her cousin with no patronizing or condescending attitude, "It is strange to be around so many other kinds of people, isn't it? It is hard to get used to. But if you give them a chance, they might surprise you. And you can come visit me any time I am not in class; I am in the library a lot."

She pauses for a moment, then tries a distraction tactic, "Is there anything you like about the school? Anything interesting?"

"I can't come visit you, though. Not unless someone comes and gets me first. They don't let us elementary students wander around the big kids' areas unsupervised. I guess there were problems because of it at one point, so now it's restricted. And how am I supposed to give them a chance? Mama told me not to talk to them. Everything is strange here, and I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I mostly just hang around with Ignace, which is very boring because all she ever does is sew things. All day long. I mean, she's nice enough, but there have to be other things to do," she finished plaintively.


M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock
Sorchan del Sol wrote:


Sorchan hesitated. "Yes, she's going to be alright. And I am trying not to think about how close she was to not being. Because murdering one's parents is frowned on. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't considering it anyway," he added with a grimace.

"I...wow. I don't think I could do that. I hope neither of us has to find out if we can. If you could, let Raelle know I'm glad she's ok." Unless he has anything else to say to the teen, he hops back in his mech and takes off.


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Ephebe wrote:
Krays wrote:
Ephebe wrote:


"Oo neefs sivverway," she said through a large mouthful of chicken enchiladas.

Krays laughs!

"Fair enough..." he eats some of the beef enchiladas, then when he's finished chewing asks "What did you want to tell me about?"

She sighed. "Which do I start with? Raelle was kidnapped this afternoon. By her own grandparents no less. She was recovered and is resting in the infirmary. Having to pull her sisters away from their friends to tell them was...not peasant. They've all been through enough already. And I'm starting to despair of Ignace ever getting better when she gets hit with another crisis every time she tries to do something normal," she said with a grimace.

"And the other thing.....I did something. Will do something. It's a two part something. It went wrong. Well, sort of. More like it went horribly right. And it's going to go wrong. Tenses are hard."

"When did you do this? What did or will you do?"


Phaedra Svarog wrote:
"I can't come visit you, though. Not unless someone comes and gets me first. They don't let us elementary students wander around the big kids' areas unsupervised. I guess there were problems because of it at one point, so now it's restricted. And how am I supposed to give them a chance? Mama told me not to talk to them. Everything is strange here, and I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I mostly just hang around with Ignace, which is very boring because all she ever does is sew things. All day long. I mean, she's nice enough, but there have to be other things to do," she finished plaintively.

Cindra hands Phaedra a piece of charcoal slathered with a jelly-like mix very similar to napalm, "Well, then I will just have to make a point to visit you more, won't I?"

75,251 to 75,300 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | 1508 | 1509 | 1510 | 1511 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.