The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


69,701 to 69,750 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1390 | 1391 | 1392 | 1393 | 1394 | 1395 | 1396 | 1397 | 1398 | 1399 | 1400 | next > last >>

Image
David.De'Foul wrote:
"In m expirence they're pretty much always skimpily dressed, it amuses the evil ones, gives them a sense of power and control, as a side effect it can help entice a hero to rescue them" Dave puts his two cents in, bored and looking to get on with what he came forentirely in character boredom, I assure you

"Because it makes them look more vulnerable?" Jeran asks, confused by this whole concept. But he did understand the importance of protecting the weak.


"Sometimes these demons use souls like mortals use the bodies of their victims as well. All the more reason to get her back, even if I hate sending students out like this... I'll send notices to your classes. I can not stress it enough that you must be careful at all times."


Male Half fiend/half giant 16 Gunslinger (pistolero)/16 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)

Just looks around the office, not really paying much attention.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Ephebe wrote:
She appeared in the lab, but didn't immediately interrupt since it looked like Krays was concentrating, probably trying to talk to Vai.

Tamrin arches an eyebrow, then walks over to his daughter and quietly gives her a hug while they wait on Krays (and Vai, presumably).

::You look a bit winded, sweety:: he thinks to her.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

"... OK... I guess so..."

He knows Mel is smarter than him, but still giant quite sure if she should be doing this.
Nonetheless, he moves his arm towards her and looks away. Mel's job is made easier in the fact that Tyb's vest and shirt don't have sleeves.

Mel checks the needle, looking at the dose, then she holds Tyb's arm' now this may sting a little but you should be alright, she sticks the needle in tyb's arm and there si a slight sting then after a few seconds the signs of radiation sickness atart to subside.

there now that diodn't hurt now did it, you will be fien, unless you are feline, this stuff is deadly to cats. she says waiting for the response, holding back a grin.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

Arthur gives her a playful shove in the shoulder at her joke.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt looks at Mel with wide eyes and a shocked expression, the look of a person that actually thinks they're about to die.
"No! I am! You have to take it out!"
He starts to panic.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
She appeared in the lab, but didn't immediately interrupt since it looked like Krays was concentrating, probably trying to talk to Vai.

Tamrin arches an eyebrow, then walks over to his daughter and quietly gives her a hug while they wait on Krays (and Vai, presumably).

::You look a bit winded, sweety:: he thinks to her.

::It was a long flight. But the kids are safely at the temple and I don't imagine they will cause too much trouble in the next few minutes. Once they get past the exploring stage though, all bets are off, so I can't stay too long. Lang might have a nervous breakdown if his classmates pull too many pranks before the ceremony even starts....I came to...clarify a few things....it's hard to see her like this,:: she said, nodding towards where an anxious Aananda was standing guard over Vai's lifeless body. It isnt really clear which of the two Ephebe was talking about. ::Especially since it's my fault. The rift that evil Vai came through was there because of me.::


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"Um, ya. That's her. She uh. Well, I found her in the hallway, and she looked scared, so I talked to her and then she asked to go to the bathroom and then lights and stuff happened. I think she got taken up by celestials. She had wings or something for a moment. They said something about thanking me for helping her and then they were gone."
He explains.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Ephebe wrote:
::It was a long flight. But the kids are safely at the temple and I don't imagine they will cause too much trouble in the next few minutes. Once they get past the exploring stage though, all bets are off, so I can't stay too long. Lang might have a nervous breakdown if his classmates pull too many pranks before the ceremony even starts....I came to...clarify a few things....it's hard to see her like this,:: she said, nodding towards where an anxious Aananda was standing guard over Vai's lifeless body. It isnt really clear which of the two Ephebe was talking about. ::Especially since it's my fault. The rift that evil Vai came through was there because of me.::

::We fix the problem first, then we'll worry about responsibility:: he tries to think reassuringly to her.

::So - clarification now. Then tell me where this rift is, and give me your best guess on what it's going to take to collapse it.::


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

Tybalt looks at Mel with wide eyes and a shocked expression, the look of a person that actually thinks they're about to die.

"No! I am! You have to take it out!"
He starts to panic.

mel pulls the syring out realx, i was only joking, you will be fine. seriously, you would have thought you would know me better than that.

it takes a few minutes for the serum to take effect but soon Tybs starts to feel better.

the effect is only good for maybe 4 hours. and I don't want to give second shot. Its always betetr to let the radiation deacy naturally so your body can heal better. this is only a temporary reprieve.

she puts the syringe away, clapping her hands together, So, what kind of fun do we want to do?


male human monk 16

within seconds after Ephebe left, master Hito and several of the temple elders arrive.

Welcome back, Avatar Lang, I see you have brought some of your new friends from the school.

lang turns to face his masters. giving a respectful bow. Yes Master Hito. I delivered the message to the del sol family as instructed, but I am afraid that they are unable to attend, including, he pauses there trying to gather the right words as well as trying to maintian a proper composure.

The elders stand by awaiting the rest. lang eventually finishes They could not attend, that is all he finishes.

motioning toward Sara, master Hito, I would like to present sara, she has lost her famil and I have discussed it with her, she would like to call this place her new home, and I, her brother.

Lang indicates for sara to bow as he did to show respect.

Lang continues to introduce all of the others as well.

Foul: your air bender could be with the elders to greet Lang, it would be acceptable considering he too will be honored as a new "master"


M Air Touched Human Bender 12/monk 4/sorcerer 2/enlightened fist 6

A young bald child similarially decked out in tattooes stands out from behind one of the masters he raises one eye contemptuously at the others around Lang, but for now, in the presence of the masters he holds his tongue.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
::It was a long flight. But the kids are safely at the temple and I don't imagine they will cause too much trouble in the next few minutes. Once they get past the exploring stage though, all bets are off, so I can't stay too long. Lang might have a nervous breakdown if his classmates pull too many pranks before the ceremony even starts....I came to...clarify a few things....it's hard to see her like this,:: she said, nodding towards where an anxious Aananda was standing guard over Vai's lifeless body. It isnt really clear which of the two Ephebe was talking about. ::Especially since it's my fault. The rift that evil Vai came through was there because of me.::

::We fix the problem first, then we'll worry about responsibility:: he tries to think reassuringly to her.

::So - clarification now. Then tell me where this rift is, and give me your best guess on what it's going to take to collapse it.::

::The other side of it is off in the middle of nowhere. On this side it comes out partway between here and Mentor. Where I first met you guys on the road. It's my rift. I could close all the others, but...I couldn't close the one between here and where I came from. Not from this side. When I decided to stay...well, it was just a small rift, and stable. I thought that it was a small problem, something to work on solving in my spare time. If I ever had any. And then the other Vai came through and destabilized it and now it's growing and if it isn't closed it will destroy both universes. So now it's a big problem. Every time it's used it grows faster and having two of Vai in one universe destabilizes it more. The universe that the other Vai comes from...it's not a nice place. The bad guys win there. A lot. Part of why I didn't want to go back. Not that there aren't any benefits to the whole demon lord, destroyer of worlds gig, but it gets pretty lonely. And then I became part of your family and then Krays and the kids....I can't even get close to the rift now. It would suck me through and I'm still selfish enough to not be willing to never see any of you again, even if it does mean saving the universe again,:: she said wistfully.

::As far as closing it goes, it is theoretically possible to make a machine that can collapse the portal. If anyone can do it, Mom can. The catch is that it would have to be deployed right at the mouth of the rift by an actual person and the list of people who could withstand that amount of artron energy is vanishingly small. I'm certainly open to suggestions.::


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Lang Fei wrote:

within seconds after Ephebe left, master Hito and several of the temple elders arrive.

Welcome back, Avatar Lang, I see you have brought some of your new friends from the school.

lang turns to face his masters. giving a respectful bow. Yes Master Hito. I delivered the message to the del sol family as instructed, but I am afraid that they are unable to attend, including, he pauses there trying to gather the right words as well as trying to maintian a proper composure.

The elders stand by awaiting the rest. lang eventually finishes They could not attend, that is all he finishes.

motioning toward Sara, master Hito, I would like to present sara, she has lost her famil and I have discussed it with her, she would like to call this place her new home, and I, her brother.

Lang indicates for sara to bow as he did to show respect.

Lang continues to introduce all of the others as well.

Foul: your air bender could be with the elders to greet Lang, it would be acceptable considering he too will be honored as a new "master"

Midori presents herself as well as she is able, bowing deeply and respectfully as she's introduced to Lang's masters, holding her tongue and only speaking when spoken to, as is appropriate given her age and guest status. She's extremely conscious that she has yet to remove her weapons, but keeps quiet for the moment, unsure of the protocol required of her.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Krays wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Krays:

On the ethereal plane, Vai's spirit slowly coalesces, her spirit unmarred by the wound on her body. Interestingly, Krays may note that while her spirit is in it's half-elven form, her draconic wings are still present. Given manifestations of this nature are completely based on the spirit's subconscious, Vai must consider this her most 'natural' state.

She looks extremely confused as she looks around at the misty half-reality of the ethereal plane. "Krays?" her voice has a strange, echo-y quality. "I... I was just talking with Knowledge. What's going on?"


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death

Vai:
"I came to speak with you. You know death is no barrier to being able to speak with loved ones." He smiles
"I came to speak with you about your resurrection. I am willing to perform it, and bring you back. The situation may demand we delay proceeding with it. I wanted to see how you were doing here, and if you would be willing to be brought back, and if so, would you be willing to wait?"


Female Firebird
Serrin Surya wrote:
Still speaking calmly, Serrin replies "I don't think killing him would be such a good idea. We're in a school after all, and I'm sure there's rules against that. Besides, you said all he did was show you smashing into a wall, right? That's not worth murdering him over, is it? I could probably do something similar, like make it look like he was about to get eaten by a dragon, for example." She says with a bit of a wicked grin at that last.

"He made me FEEL it too!" she practically screams back at Serrin, all notions of decorum tossed out the window, her tear streaked face blotchy with angry and adrenaline.


male human monk 16

Master Hito takes note of each of Lang's companions. then he speaks to everyone.

all of you come from different cultures and differenct life experiences, I will not ask any of you to give up what is cutomary for your society.

it is almost as if he was looking directly at midori, a gentle yet subtle motion of his hand indicates her weapons. though I do hope that the rest of the day and this evening will be, touble free. he adds.

Lng notices Chao in the back. he gives him a glare, wondering what trouble is about to follow.

Master Hito directs everyone to follow across the bridge to the temple courtyard.

as he leaves lang goes to follow and he postions himself near Sara and Midori, almost as though he is protecting them.

from the landing area, there is a long bridge that spans a chasim almost 1000 feet deep. across the bridge is a beautiful temple. practcally self sufficent haveing dorms and training grounds, as well as small animal pens. there is a section for crops to grown as well.

sorry I do not have a picture to share of the temple


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Krays wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Krays:

"I... I'm dead?" Vai asks, once again looking extremely confused, glancing down at her ghostly hands and then back up at Krays. There's no fear there, the primary emotion being confusion. "What? How?"


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Lang Fei wrote:

Master Hito takes note of each of Lang's companions. then he speaks to everyone.

all of you come from different cultures and differenct life experiences, I will not ask any of you to give up what is cutomary for your society.

it is almost as if he was looking directly at midori, a gentle yet subtle motion of his hand indicates her weapons. though I do hope that the rest of the day and this evening will be, touble free. he adds.

Lng notices Chao in the back. he gives him a glare, wondering what trouble is about to follow.

Midori accepts the mild rebuke from Lang's master with a bowed head. Before they cross the bridge into the temple proper, Midori pauses and bends down, unfastening her leg holster, and setting it to the side, leaving it unguarded.

It's still a disconcerting feeling for the young shinobi, to feel vulnerable. It wasn't just weapons in her kits after all, but other tools as well. She hurries to catch up, feeling somewhat naked.


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Krays wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **

Vai:
Now Krays looks confused.

"Yes, Vai, you are. You were found with a book with a firebird feather in it, and your spine had been severed cleanly via a stab at the base of your skull...you may not have felt anything."


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Ephebe wrote:

::The other side of it is off in the middle of nowhere. On this side it comes out partway between here and Mentor. Where I first met you guys on the road. It's my rift. I could close all the others, but...I couldn't close the one between here and where I came from. Not from this side. When I decided to stay...well, it was just a small rift, and stable. I thought that it was a small problem, something to work on solving in my spare time. If I ever had any. And then the other Vai came through and destabilized it and now it's growing and if it isn't closed it will destroy both universes. So now it's a big problem. Every time it's used it grows faster and having two of Vai in one universe destabilizes it more. The universe that the other Vai comes from...it's not a nice place. The bad guys win there. A lot. Part of why I didn't want to go back. Not that there aren't any benefits to the whole demon lord, destroyer of worlds gig, but it gets pretty lonely. And then I became part of your family and then Krays and the kids....I can't even get close to the rift now. It would suck me through and I'm still selfish enough to not be willing to never see any of you again, even if it does mean saving the universe again,:: she said wistfully.

::As far as closing it goes, it is theoretically possible to make a machine that can collapse the portal. If anyone can do it, Mom can. The catch is that it would have to be deployed right at the mouth of the rift by an actual person and the list of people who could withstand that amount of artron energy is vanishingly small. I'm certainly open to suggestions.::

::'Artron?' That's some form of temporal energy?:: he asks, mulling over all of their known options to deal with this.

::So who do you know that's on this list of yours? What about Fei? He seems to be able to take just about anything - though I'd really rather not risk another explosive close call like the one with your mother the other day::

::Speaking of.....:: as he turns his thoughts back toward Aananda ::Honey, what did you do with Fei?::

FYI - I'm just doing this bit to tighten up the various storylines and prompt Ephebe to give up Mel's name. Fei's plate is already quite full ;)


Image
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:


::'Artron?' That's some form of temporal energy?:: he asks, mulling over all of their known options to deal with this.

::So who do you know that's on this list of yours? What about Fei? He seems to be able to take just about anything - though I'd really rather not risk another explosive close call like the one with your mother the other day::

::Speaking of.....:: as he...

::I didn't do anything with him. He...went to go get rid of the other Vai. I don't know if it's something he can actually do, but he was bound and determined to try. He promised me he wasn't looking to make a suicide mission of it though.::


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

::Yes, artron energy is temporal in nature. But no, I don't think Fei can handle this. It's more likely that it would rip him apart from the inside in a matter of minutes. To be honest, I don't know anyone who can. The best lead I've got right now is that I know someone on campus has been using artron energy in the last few days. I just haven't had a chance to track down who yet.::


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Ephebe wrote:
::Yes, artron energy is temporal in nature. But no, I don't think Fei can handle this. It's more likely that it would rip him apart from the inside in a matter of minutes. To be honest, I don't know anyone who can. The best lead I've got right now is that I know someone on campus has been using artron energy in the last few days. I just haven't had a chance to track down who yet.::

::Well that chance happens now, then. We can try to alter the nanite cloud to pick this energy up - and then backtrack through the logs to see where in the school it got used, and by whom....::

Aanandareavekki wrote:
::I didn't do anything with him. He...went to go get rid of the other Vai. I don't know if it's something he can actually do, but he was bound and determined to try. He promised me he wasn't looking to make a suicide mission of it though.::

And for the sake of poor Keme, who's sitting in an already-uncomfortable room with an even more uncomfortable silence... ;D

"Wait...what do you mean Fei went to get rid of the other Vai? You let him go offworld by himself?" Tamrin blurts out loud in disbelief.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Krays wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Krays:

"Oh." Vai says, her confusion clearing up somewhat, her voice still having that strange resonant quality. "Um. Well, I guess he didn't lie. Does that mean... that means I'm not a Champion anymore, right?"


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death

Vai:
"That's the way it worked for Keme, so I suppose the same would hold true for you. Who took your life? Who left you that note?"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9
narrator wrote:

"Hmm." She was not as naive as this blue dragon thought she was. She hadn't grown up at court for nothing. This dragon was all bravado. She wasn't sure she even believed her about having other agents in place. It was the kind of boast that reeked of desperation, the sort of thing you might expect to hear from a has-been hanging on by their claw tips and desperately trying to convince you of their usefulness. But this Esperanza insisted that she work with this dragon. She didn't trust her either, but she was willing to take the gamble in order to get an edge. Power was life in her family, and with this power she might just live long enough to succeed Mezzenbone someday. In the meantime...

"Yes, I see. Well, it seems that we have nothing to lose by trusting this demon for now. Unless, of course, you have some way of finding directions to this mysterious planet where our colleagues are supposed to be hiding," she said a tad too pleasantly.

Vai had to hold in a snort of derision.

"If I could share the location, I already would have. There is powerful magic protecting that planet, and while I have some protections against it, even I cannot overcome magic that powerful." She replies offhand, stretching languidly in the massive room.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Krays wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Krays:

Vai almost seems to slump and relax slightly, letting out a breath that she couldn't possibly be holding in. "Oh thank the gods."

"I... I was talking to Knowledge... uh... He said his name is Alton. I've never met him before today, but I've heard people talk about him. The last thing I remember is him handing me a book and telling me to read it."


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death

Vai:

"Ahh, yes I know him. Despite what others say, I quite like him. Did they let you in on why they've decided to help you get out from under Lumos' thumb?"


Image
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
::Yes, artron energy is temporal in nature. But no, I don't think Fei can handle this. It's more likely that it would rip him apart from the inside in a matter of minutes. To be honest, I don't know anyone who can. The best lead I've got right now is that I know someone on campus has been using artron energy in the last few days. I just haven't had a chance to track down who yet.::

::Well that chance happens now, then. We can try to alter the nanite cloud to pick this energy up - and then backtrack through the logs to see where in the school it got used, and by whom....::

Aanandareavekki wrote:
::I didn't do anything with him. He...went to go get rid of the other Vai. I don't know if it's something he can actually do, but he was bound and determined to try. He promised me he wasn't looking to make a suicide mission of it though.::

And for the sake of poor Keme, who's sitting in an already-uncomfortable room with an even more uncomfortable silence... ;D

"Wait...what do you mean Fei went to get rid of the other Vai? You let him go offworld by himself?" Tamrin blurts out loud in disbelief.

"And how exactly did you expect me to stop him considering that he can teleport from anywhere to anywhere else with a thought? And trying to incapacitate him is like playing with a singularity grenade. What other option did I have?"


Male Half-fiend gestalt alchemist 16/ eldrich Godling 16
short description:
right arm red demon skin, left arm green scales, left eye red, right eye green, long, tentacle-like tail, forked tounge, small fangs and claws, wears shackles, has talons

"Alright, i've got an idea. I can Probobly incompasitate the thing if I can get it to come out... So, I can take him somewhere safe, get the thing to come out, deal with it there, bring him back, and get on to a more pressing issue."


Ephebe wrote:
::Yes, artron energy is temporal in nature. But no, I don't think Fei can handle this. It's more likely that it would rip him apart from the inside in a matter of minutes. To be honest, I don't know anyone who can..::

Not it. :p


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"And how exactly did you expect me to stop him considering that he can teleport from anywhere to anywhere else with a thought? And trying to incapacitate him is like playing with a singularity grenade. What other option did I have?"

"Well for.............we.............or he could....er......hm." (o_O)

After a few more seconds, he just gives up and shakes his head again.

"None.....may he at least take out an Imperial garrison, or maybe part of a capital ship while he's out there" he finally says, only half-joking. ;P

"Okay, even if he does manage to take the bad Vai out, this rift will still be a potential problem, so we still need to find this artron user and put a cork in this thing."


female human Witch 5 / Pack Lord Beastmaster 0.5

Sara Bows as instructed.
"Hello Mr.Hito."
She looks up and smiles at him.


male Jabberwocky Like this but chibi and not scary mount

Lewis looks at the benders, his head cocked sideways.
"Why are you all smooth?"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

"I dunno. Still kinda tired. Can't do much magic like this."
He sits up, pulling the blanket around his shoulders.


current combat map group 1
Sara and Bee wrote:

Sara Bows as instructed.

"Hello Mr.Hito."
She looks up and smiles at him.

Master Hito smiles at the young girl. While in the Temple I am called Sifu Hito, but you may call me Mr Hito, but just for today. he says to her like a teacher instructing Sara on the customs of the temple. his tone is pleasant and despite the correction he still seems to give her the sense that she did nothing wrong and is happy to meet her.

Sifu Hito then turns to Lang, Avatar Lang, you have been given a task, Chao Yin here will be attending school with you, you are to look after him, teach him. he indicates the child that accompanied the elders to greet Lang.


M Air Touched Human Bender 12/monk 4/sorcerer 2/enlightened fist 6

Chao shorts, both at the audacity of what the younger child and lizard say and at the concept of Lang teaching him.


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)
Settro wrote:
"Alright, I've got an idea. I can Probably incapacitate the thing if I can get it to come out... So, I can take him somewhere safe, get the thing to come out, deal with it there, bring him back, and get on to a more pressing issue."

Jacob thinks on this a moment, and then his eyes start reflecting light strangely again. "That may just work... however, you would need to get a major binding kit and spell tattoo a magic circle against evil focused inwards on my skin, most likely followed by a contingency, with banishment being the contingent spell to force back the demon to its home plane if it somehow breaks the binding-my soul, basically, so until we tattoo it back it will still be there, not out and rampaging."

Then his eyes begin shifting again, and Jacob blinks. "Wha... what did I just say? I know I just said it, but I have no idea what any of that meant..."


Male Half-fiend gestalt alchemist 16/ eldrich Godling 16
short description:
right arm red demon skin, left arm green scales, left eye red, right eye green, long, tentacle-like tail, forked tounge, small fangs and claws, wears shackles, has talons

"How about we get it out, and is turn it into a toad. For now, anyway."


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

Jacob nods unsurely, then says "Okay... If we're going to do it, let's do it."

He stands up out of his desk, and stumbles a bit, feeling a strange tugging sensation in his gut.

Perception DC 15:

There is the beginnings of a faintly glowing rune on his forehead...

Anybody who got my reference gets kudos!


F Human image Oracle (life) 10 / Bard (Arcane Healer) 10

is jacob still in the elemntary class room? with Settro?

I ask cause Kim is there and something is happening. so before you do anything she may be doing something and since nobody says or does anything to stop her she may take an action that you are not expecting.


Male Half-fiend gestalt alchemist 16/ eldrich Godling 16
short description:
right arm red demon skin, left arm green scales, left eye red, right eye green, long, tentacle-like tail, forked tounge, small fangs and claws, wears shackles, has talons

yes. I haven't done anything yet, aside from talk.


Female Image Firebird Image Wizard(Shadowcaster, Shadow subschool)13/Sorcerer(Shadow Bloodline)8/Shadowcraft Mage 5(gestalt)

"So what?" The little goth girls retorts a bit sharply. "You are privileged, for you are a pure firebird, untainted by strange magicks or bizarre curses. So you have never struggled, or fought or been beaten for being different. But I have, and so have many others similar to myself."

She stands up from her crouched position and holds out her hand "Now, you can sit here, crying and feeling sorry for yourself OR you can take my hand and we'll go to the infirmary and make sure you're ok. And then, we can figure out how to make whoever hurt you suffer fivefold"


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Vai Emkar wrote:

Vai had to hold in a snort of derision.

"If I could share the location, I already would have. There is powerful magic protecting that planet, and while I have some protections against it, even I cannot overcome magic that powerful." She replies offhand, stretching languidly in the massive room.

Doing his best to time the transition for when there was nobody in line-of-sight to either his current location or chosen destination, Fei quietly teleports to his new vantage point. Assuming all goes well, he then commits the huge chamber (and both its draconic occupants) to memory.

An artist's eye for detail has many benefits, the young monk acknowledges with a silent prayer of thanks to Lathander.


Vai Emkar wrote:
narrator wrote:

"Hmm." She was not as naive as this blue dragon thought she was. She hadn't grown up at court for nothing. This dragon was all bravado. She wasn't sure she even believed her about having other agents in place. It was the kind of boast that reeked of desperation, the sort of thing you might expect to hear from a has-been hanging on by their claw tips and desperately trying to convince you of their usefulness. But this Esperanza insisted that she work with this dragon. She didn't trust her either, but she was willing to take the gamble in order to get an edge. Power was life in her family, and with this power she might just live long enough to succeed Mezzenbone someday. In the meantime...

"Yes, I see. Well, it seems that we have nothing to lose by trusting this demon for now. Unless, of course, you have some way of finding directions to this mysterious planet where our colleagues are supposed to be hiding," she said a tad too pleasantly.

Vai had to hold in a snort of derision.

"If I could share the location, I already would have. There is powerful magic protecting that planet, and while I have some protections against it, even I cannot overcome magic that powerful." She replies offhand, stretching languidly in the massive room.

"Well, that's your problem right there. Of course you can't go up against it directly. To get past powerful magic you have to find the weak point and sort of unravel it. Attacking directly just wastes your power to no purpose. Try using logic, dear. They have some connection to the Resistance, I'm sure of it. So if we let a few of them get away, trace their flight path, send scouts into that area. We may not be able to find the planet directly, but we can narrow down the area at least. And then it's only a matter of time and intelligent planning. You have to be methodical about these things, Vai," she said, rolling her eyes a bit at the perceived density of the older dragon.

"Hmm. This herd animal is overcooked. Bring the chef here. And get the child from storage," she ordered the guards. "I warned him she would be punished I of he failed me again."


Image
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"And how exactly did you expect me to stop him considering that he can teleport from anywhere to anywhere else with a thought? And trying to incapacitate him is like playing with a singularity grenade. What other option did I have?"

"Well for.............we.............or he could....er......hm." (o_O)

After a few more seconds, he just gives up and shakes his head again.

"None.....may he at least take out an Imperial garrison, or maybe part of a capital ship while he's out there" he finally says, only half-joking. ;P

"Okay, even if he does manage to take the bad Vai out, this rift will still be a potential problem, so we still need to find this artron user and put a cork in this thing."

"So I'm guessing I missed most of that conversation. I got the part where Fei went off half cocked. Not surprising. He's always been the everything looks like a nail type. But what about artron whatever that is? Not trying to pry, but maybe I can help? "


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

"Um, ya. That's her. She uh. Well, I found her in the hallway, and she looked scared, so I talked to her and then she asked to go to the bathroom and then lights and stuff happened. I think she got taken up by celestials. She had wings or something for a moment. They said something about thanking me for helping her and then they were gone."

He explains.

"So...the girl was taken by celestials. Well, that's probably for the best. She was like a toddler in a grown up's body. Apparently being raised by cultists doesn't make for a good learning environment. Well, then we couldn't trade her for Tryko'Sam even if we didn't have moral issues with that kind of thing. So it's pretty much just a standard rescue mission then, although it wouldn't hurt if we could put the fear of Avalon into this demon guy so he doesn't go kidnapping students again."

"Too bad I can't take the suit to the abyss, but I'm pretty sure the boss wouldn't be okay with that. Something about prototypes being expensive."

69,701 to 69,750 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1390 | 1391 | 1392 | 1393 | 1394 | 1395 | 1396 | 1397 | 1398 | 1399 | 1400 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.