The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


69,851 to 69,900 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1393 | 1394 | 1395 | 1396 | 1397 | 1398 | 1399 | 1400 | 1401 | 1402 | 1403 | next > last >>

Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"As far as I know, she just needed to rest. She was drawing out her stay to get information. It should be fine to bring her here."

"Good enough for me," he replies as he begins to patch into the PA system...

Krays wrote:
"Vai is fine, and she agrees it will be best to wait until the other Vai is disposed of before returning. She also wanted me to stress her love for us all, and for her friends."

...Krays knows that the look on Tamrin's face is not directed at him for bearing that news, but rather at the architects of the situation that made this an actual, viable course of action for Vai to choose. Krays knows this....but he's still glad his 'father-in-law' is staring at the console and not anybody else at the moment.

His voice is noticeably harder as he broadcasts across the school...

"Melody Waverider, report to Professor Sunwake's laboratory immediately. I repeat....Melody Waverider, report to Professor Sunwake's laboratory immediately."

...and then ends the transmission. He then cues up the student's location and image data, and waits for a reaction...


narrator wrote:

"Well, I was just going to have her whipped until she was mostly dead, but if you're looking for some entertainment, I'm sure we can come up with something a bit more amusing. I've got a new set of flaying knives I haven't had the chance to use yet. After all, he has other offspring. Humans breed like rabbits after all. It's not like he can't afford to lose one or two."

Now excuse me while I go scrub out my brain for even having to think like my villain long enough to type that. Shudder.

A most....unfortunate choice of words there, aye...


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel was just about to check the door to Ginni's room when the announcement came.

she looks up toward the the PA speakers, What?!? I didn't do anything?, come-on what am i in trouble for now?

Shew sounds rather flustered, actually thinking she did something that she definitely does not remember.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

Arthur winces at the announcement "would it help if I tagged allong?"


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Lucas Svarog wrote:

He nods regally, but lacking in harshness "Lucas, Lucas Savrog"

The bird on his shoulder squawks causing him to chuckle.
"Yes, yes, and this here is Icarus"

Ardiente blinks, a little taken aback. Svarog, a noble family. So... del Sol and Phoebus and now Svarog too? How many of them were here anyway?! Well, the children of the nobility had thus far defied his expectations, so maybe Lucas would too.

"Pleasure to meet you both." Ardiente says with a grin and a nod to Icarus.

"So are you a bender too?" he asks conversationally, motioning to the classroom. He hears some movement behind him, but Ardiente just dismisses it as more students coming into class. He's pretty much completely unaware of the coming ambush.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9
narrator wrote:

Literally...such a short time we've been acquainted and you already know me so well...:P

"Well, I was just going to have her whipped until she was mostly dead, but if you're looking for some entertainment, I'm sure we can come up with something a bit more amusing. I've got a new set of flaying knives I haven't...

"Sounds like delightful dinner entertainment." Vai replies, a contented purr in her voice in anticipation. "And playing with new toys is always nice, isn't it?" she adds conversationally, as if the pair weren't discussing the torture and murder of children.


Ardiente wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:

He nods regally, but lacking in harshness "Lucas, Lucas Savrog"

The bird on his shoulder squawks causing him to chuckle.
"Yes, yes, and this here is Icarus"

Ardiente blinks, a little taken aback. Svarog, a noble family. So... del Sol and Phoebus and now Svarog too? How many of them were here anyway?! Well, the children of the nobility had thus far defied his expectations, so maybe Lucas would too.

"Pleasure to meet you both." Ardiente says with a grin and a nod to Icarus.

"So are you a bender too?" he asks conversationally, motioning to the classroom. He hears some movement behind him, but Ardiente just dismisses it as more students coming into class. He's pretty much completely unaware of the coming ambush.

At just that moment Etain sweeps his legs with a kick just as Alev hits him in the shoulder, knocking him to the ground. Elektra puts her foot on his throat and grins.

"Oh come on, Ardi, that was too easy. Less than a month and you've already gone soft on us," she teased.


Female Firebird
Phaezeriel wrote:

Phaezeriel cannot not pick up on that.

Phaezeriel glances back over his shoulder and pauses until she resumes following, his mental voice is very dry, ::Yes. Can you describe the .. creature .. any more precisely?::

Reaching the door to an empty room, Phaezeriel beckons that Lily should precede him, ::Do you wish to have another person present while I ensure that no lasting harm was done to you?::

Lily makes a small face as she tries to recall what the... thing... looked like. "It was a squat scaly thing with a muzzle and leathery wings. I'm sure I know very little about the races of the groundlings, so I don't know what it was specifically."

"Yes, I would appreciate that." Lily said, wishing for a moment that Lucas was present. She could trust him at very least, though perhaps this Surya would do for now. "May Serrin join us?"


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
narrator wrote:

At just that moment Etain sweeps his legs with a kick just as Alev hits him in the shoulder, knocking him to the ground. Elektra puts her foot on his throat and grins.

"Oh come on, Ardi, that was too easy. Less than a month and you've already gone soft on us," she teased.

Ardiente tried to react immediately to the attack but the three of them were too well co-ordinated (and, let's face it, received the same brutal training as he did) to counter.

Landing hard on his back and then a foot on his throat, Ardiente finally gets a look at his assailants. His heart leaps at seeing the three of them here.

(Are their oath tattoos still there/visible?)

Seeing Elektra's triumphant grin, Ardiente returns it with a grin of his own. He had a few tricks that he'd never shown them, and he wasn't afraid to anymore.

"Pride goes, Elektra." is his reply as he pounds a fist into the ground, causing the stonework under all three of his fellow guardsmen's feet to abruptly jut upwards, hopefully removing the foot from his neck so he could kip up to face them.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas raises one eyebrow and decides not to answer his previous question an instead asks one of his own "I take it you know each other"


The Half-Alive Streets | Truth of the Seeker | The Sanctuary of Drowned Delight
Anahita bint Tariq wrote:

One simple cantrip later, clothing discarded in a cleaner state than before, a shower commenced, she reckoned she would feel somewhat restored after that last orgy witnessed.

If her Patron's goal was to cause Anahita to become indifferent to procreation rituals across the spectrum of life, she was starting down that road. The alternative, however, did dawn on her too. So far, no luring yet in that direction.

A quick few soaking minutes later, while not cleansed to the soul, her form certainly was cleaner. She felt slightly restored while walking out combing her thick mane, wrapped in a towel.

The room reminded her of some caves she'd been a dweller in, but it still lacked the touch of natural she always preferred.

Shortly after Anahita has finished her shower, there comes a quiet knocking at the door to her room.

Should Anahita choose to answer it, she'll find standing there an elvish woman. While she sports the eternally young face of all elves, this particular woman's expression belies a certain deep rooted sadness, though her bearing is upright - no slouch in these shoulders.

Anahita may note the family resemblance between this woman and the (late) Champion of Light, the same blue eyes and wavy blonde hair. She may also recognize that this is one of the vilagers whom she assisted in rescuing the previous day from Belsayv.

"Hello." she says with a small bow of her head. "Am I speaking with Anahita bint Tariq?"


Female Human Teenager
GM Fireclaw wrote:

Shortly after Anahita has finished her shower, there comes a quiet knocking at the door to her room.

Should Anahita choose to answer it, she'll find standing there an elvish woman. While she sports the eternally young face of all elves, this particular woman's expression belies a certain deep rooted sadness, though her bearing is upright - no slouch in these shoulders.

Anahita may note the family resemblance between this woman and the (late) Champion of Light, the same blue eyes and wavy blonde hair. She may also recognize that this is one of the vilagers whom she assisted in rescuing the previous day from Belsayv.

"Hello." she says with a small bow of her head. "Am I speaking with Anahita bint Tariq?"

Looking at the Elven woman, while still in her towel, Anahita merely nods and greets her in response, then steps back to give Vai's mother access to the stoic room.

"I recognize you as the mother of Vai. Is there a concern? Your fellow villagers are in good health, and your village should be restored in time, given the assistance assured me by the religious order they are currently with."

She continues the drying off while allowing Vai's mother to step in if she wishes, the gold-silver links of a chain, wrapped around her left forearm, from elbow down, shine brightly their masterwork craftsmanship against her dark skin. The room itself is primarily dark, as if someone neglected to turn on any lights. Illumination comes from the window looking out into the fields.

"I would offer you food and drink, regrettably, my quarters has not been prepared for visitors."


Ardiente wrote:
narrator wrote:

At just that moment Etain sweeps his legs with a kick just as Alev hits him in the shoulder, knocking him to the ground. Elektra puts her foot on his throat and grins.

"Oh come on, Ardi, that was too easy. Less than a month and you've already gone soft on us," she teased.

Ardiente tried to react immediately to the attack but the three of them were too well co-ordinated (and, let's face it, received the same brutal training as he did) to counter.

Landing hard on his back and then a foot on his throat, Ardiente finally gets a look at his assailants. His heart leaps at seeing the three of them here.

(Are their oath tattoos still there/visible?)

Seeing Elektra's triumphant grin, Ardiente returns it with a grin of his own. He had a few tricks that he'd never shown them, and he wasn't afraid to anymore.

"Pride goes, Elektra." is his reply as he pounds a fist into the ground, causing the stonework under all three of his fellow guardsmen's feet to abruptly jut upwards, hopefully removing the foot from his neck so he could kip up to face them.

Their oath tattoos are still there and visible.

His idea partially worked, as Elektra did stumble backwards, but Etain stumbled forwards, briefly stepping on Ardiente's stomach before he managed to regain his balance. Alev laughed.

"Nice trick. Looks like you've been holding out on us," Alev said.


Male Firebird
Fieri Sunwake wrote:


Fieri sighed. "Look, I know this can be hard to understand, but not all infernals are evil. Most sure, but not all. Just like not all celestials are good. Most sure, but not all. This is one of those rare safe places for non-evil demons and devils and such to be where they can be safe from their own kind and from the rest of us. So Professor Settro isn't the only one like him you'll meet here, most likely. They have to follow the rules just like everyone else. There are wards in place that prevent people from hurting each other here. The best thing you can do is not jump to conclusions about someone based on where they come from. Prejudice can be an ugly thing. It's better to judge people based on their actions."

"I don't care if he's good! I mean, it's just..."

vis is quite clearly struggling to explain.
"I mean, what you call celestials, I call infernals, along with several other races of creatures outside this realm. They... Aren't supposed to have influence here... "Demon" or "angel" irrelevant."
vis seems quite convicted in his odd philosophy.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Arthur Barren wrote:
Arthur winces at the announcement "would it help if I tagged allong?"

Mel thinks a second, I may need a character witness. I mean you know I didn't do anything, right?

She looks to Tybs, I'm real sorry tybs I better go see what I am probably in trouble for. no use dragging you into it. can we get together soon? depending on when I get out of detention this time.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Lucas Svarog wrote:

Lucas raises one eyebrow and decides not to answer his previous question an instead asks one of his own "I take it you know each other"

"Yup." Ardiente replies with a glance towards Lucas. "They never did like to play fair."

narrator wrote:

Their oath tattoos are still there and visible.

His idea partially worked, as Elektra did stumble backwards, but Etain stumbled forwards, briefly stepping on Ardiente's stomach before he managed to regain his balance. Alev laughed.

"Nice trick. Looks like you've been holding out on us," Alev said.

"Sorry, but I'm pretty sure you guys get it." Ardiente says, still on his back. His neck wasn't being stood on anymore though, so he could try something different this time.

Again he pounds his fist on the ground, but this time it's the stone under himself that pushes up, sending Ardiente airborne enough to get his feet under him.

"I missed you guys. How did you get here? I can't imaging the Master is terribly pleased with you" he says with a smile, now that he's back on even ground.


Ardiente wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:

Lucas raises one eyebrow and decides not to answer his previous question an instead asks one of his own "I take it you know each other"

"Yup." Ardiente replies with a glance towards Lucas. "They never did like to play fair."

narrator wrote:

Their oath tattoos are still there and visible.

His idea partially worked, as Elektra did stumble backwards, but Etain stumbled forwards, briefly stepping on Ardiente's stomach before he managed to regain his balance. Alev laughed.

"Nice trick. Looks like you've been holding out on us," Alev said.

"Sorry, but I'm pretty sure you guys get it." Ardiente says, still on his back. His neck wasn't being stood on anymore though, so he could try something different this time.

Again he pounds his fist on the ground, but this time it's the stone under himself that pushes up, sending Ardiente airborne enough to get his feet under him.

"I missed you guys. How did you get here? I can't imaging the Master is terribly pleased with you" he says with a smile, now that he's back on even ground.

"I shouldn't think so," Etain agreed. "Especially considering that we ran away."

Elektra nodded. "When Lord Sorchan came to the camp to collect any children who wanted to enroll at the school this morning...well, mostly noble children really. The non nobles had mostly already sent their kids here to keep them out of harms way during the troubles, but anyways, we waited right until the end and made a break for it to get on the bus before anyone noticed we were missing."

"Sorchan, I mean, Professor del Sol promised us he'd help us get these removed," Alev said, holding up his arm with his oath tattoo on it. "There's no way we could continue to serve them after what they did to you. They already broke their side of the oath, and it isn't fair for only our side to still be bound by it."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas nods in agreement at the sentiments expressed by the firebirds "it it isn't right what they did."


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

"It's alright. Well behaved women seldom make history and all that."
He quotes something as he feels his vest and pants.
"Uh. Give me a sec."
He feels around in his vest pocket, his arm deeper in it than would seem possible.
"There we go."
He pulls out a bracelet with a silver cord and a single white, marble-sized bead.
He licks the bead and it turns the teal blue of his eye.
"Here. You take this and smash it if you need me. But I've only got the one, so it had better be really important, alright? Hopefully, you'll never need it."
He gives her a hug.
"Now, better ship off quick before you get into more trouble."
He smiles.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

After Casseus leaves, the rubbery dragon looks back and forth.
"... It might be better that he left now. Before we depend on him. He could've decided he'd had enough at a lot worse time..."
He takes a tube from his jacket and downs it.
"Might be better that I'm not a big jello mold if we're trying to be stealthy at first."
He says as he starts appearing more solid.
His wings and tail, and horns retract in, along with the rest of him, becoming a couple feet shorter. Under his labcoat, pants, shoes, and a turtle neck shirt form over his draconic muscles, black and grey with similar large stitch patterns to the jacket.
He closes his eyes and puts his hand on the wall to steady himself, taking a moment for his senses to convert from vibration to visual.
"Hoo. OK. Back to the old me."
He feels his face and clothes before looking up at Jeran, who is taller than him.
"Wow. You're taller than I thought. Or maybe I'm shorter than I remember..."
He looks down, trailing off.
"Anyways. Are we ready to go?"
He smiles to Jeran, who appears to be the leader to him.
He looks like this guy with Stein from Soul Eater's clothes, minus the head screw thing.


Image

Jeran looked away quickly when Kevin smiled at him after his transformation. Mind on the mission, he reminded himself. Mind on the mission. Besides, his inner voice added sarcastically, he doesn't need you to rescue him from anything or go do some crazy quest so obviously not exactly your type.


The Half-Alive Streets | Truth of the Seeker | The Sanctuary of Drowned Delight
Anahita bint Tariq wrote:

Looking at the Elven woman, while still in her towel, Anahita merely nods and greets her in response, then steps back to give Vai's mother access to the stoic room.

"I recognize you as the mother of Vai. Is there a concern? Your fellow villagers are in good health, and your village should be restored in time, given the assistance assured me by the religious order they are currently with."

She continues the drying off while allowing Vai's mother to step in if she wishes, the gold-silver links of a chain, wrapped around her left forearm, from elbow down, shine brightly their masterwork craftsmanship against her dark skin. The room itself is primarily dark, as if someone neglected to turn on any lights. Illumination comes from the window looking out into the fields.

"I would offer you food and drink, regrettably, my quarters has not been prepared for visitors."

Elsa visibly blushes as Anahita continues toweling herself off. She averts her eyes after a moment, trying to at least preserve some of the girl's dignity, even if she didn't seem to care for it.

"That's... quite alright. I just... I just wanted to thank you for your help in rescuing us yesterday. We'd all be dead... or worse, if it weren't for you brave young people."

She bows shallowly to accentuate her gratefulness, hands folded gently in front of her. It also helps to hide the fact that Elsa is pretty freaking embarassed that this mostly naked girl doesn't particularily care for her state of dress.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
narrator wrote:

"I shouldn't think so," Etain agreed. "Especially considering that we ran away."

Elektra nodded. "When Lord Sorchan came to the camp to collect any children who wanted to enroll at the school this morning...well, mostly noble children really. The non nobles had mostly already sent their kids here to keep them out of harms way during the troubles, but anyways, we waited right until the end and made a break for it to get on the bus before anyone noticed we were missing."

"Sorchan, I mean, Professor del Sol promised us he'd help us get these removed," Alev said, holding up his arm with his oath tattoo on it. "There's no way we could continue to serve them after what they did to you. They already broke their side of the oath, and it isn't fair for only our side to still be bound by it."

Ardiente frowned, suddenly somber as Alev displayed his tattoo. He felt distinctly conscious of the fact that his own oath tattoo had vanished only when he had been killed. He nods to Lucas, not wishing to exclude him from the conversation.

See, Ardiente knew full well that an attempt at removal of the tattoos could easily trigger the effects of breaking the oaths. The effects were... unpleasant, and could even result in death. He knew that the three of them would know that too.

He nodded again, more decisively this time and looking at the three standing before him. "If they come for you before those are safely removed, I swear that I will do anything in my power to protect you guys, or rescue you should it come to that. Even if it costs me my life, that's one oath I will gladly take." he says soberly, holding a hand up as he swears.

Ardiente always one for the melodramatic, after all.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas snorts "what he said, though I'd prefer to not do the dieing part, I'm rather attached to my own skin," he drawls out.


Female Human Teenager
GM Fireclaw wrote:

Elsa visibly blushes as Anahita continues toweling herself off. She averts her eyes after a moment, trying to at least preserve some of the girl's dignity, even if she didn't seem to care for it.

"That's... quite alright. I just... I just wanted to thank you for your help in rescuing us yesterday. We'd all be dead... or worse, if it weren't for you brave young people."

She bows shallowly to accentuate her gratefulness, hands folded gently in front of her. It also helps to hide the fact that Elsa is pretty freaking embarassed that this mostly naked girl doesn't particularily care for her state of dress.

Anahita returns the bow, while wrapping the towel around herself, clearly able to read the woman's disturbed state with ease.

"I apologize, ma'am. I did not think of your cultural issues with my state of dress. As for your thanks for our efforts, you are most welcome. Creatures from the external planes have no place disturbing the balance as they do. Yet, they will continue."

Considering for a moment, the teen then says, "When will you intend to return to your home world? Do you miss your fellow villagers? I am uncertain what more there is to be discussed."


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel returns tyb's hug. I guess I'll see you soon then. she says as she wave bye. and heads of to the lab as directed.

she does not drag Arthur along, but does not make him stay away either. She seems at ease with him being there.

Once at the Lab Mel gives a knock at the door. Hello? I'm here, as requested.


Elektra sighed. "I'd tell you to dial down the melodrama, Ardi, but so far your life kinda seems like one. I hear the del Sol girl and the two Phoebus boys all defied the council just to rescue your sorry ass....they're writing songs about it already."

Etain chuckled. "I think that's Elektra's way of saying you worry too much. We knew the risks when we came here, but I think we're going to get through this okay. And they've got so many bigger problems than three escaped guardsmen. They can even save face by pretending we had permission or were sent to guard the family members here. It'll all work out."

"You always say that," Alev grumbled.

"And it always works out," Etain replied cheerfully.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt nods to Arthur before heading back to his room, leaning on the stark white cane.
Unless hindered, he returns to his icy medical ward.
He gets there and scoots back onto the bed.
"Still wish I had other clothes...," he sighs.
He drops onto the pillow, laying on his side. A glint of a silver ring with a dull gray stone.
"Maybe I have some in here..."
He looks around the room.
"Need a... There."
He sits uot takes the pillow and drops it out of it's case onto the bed.
Rolling it up a bit, he reaches in and feels around, his ring giving a slightest tingle that tells him it's on.
"I want... A shirt."
He pulls out a knit wool sweater, simply grey with white stripes.
"Oh..."
He looks at it, staring for a moment. He brings it up to his nose and inhales deeply, closing his eyes.
He brings it back down, looking at it with a mix of both happy and sadness.
"Different shirt..."
He folds it gently and replaces it in the pillowcase and back into his stash of things.


"Go get ready if you need too." The Headmaster responds to Jeran. "In that time I will use my abilities to learn as much as I can and hopefully get you as close as I can when that time comes."

Having said this, Ryo takes out his first deck of cards as his office door opens. He had the best connection with this deck, and he'd need it to find his missing student.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Melody Waverider wrote:

Mel returns tyb's hug. I guess I'll see you soon then. she says as she wave bye. and heads of to the lab as directed.

she does not drag Arthur along, but does not make him stay away either. She seems at ease with him being there.

Once at the Lab Mel gives a knock at the door. Hello? I'm here, as requested.

The door slides open. Melody is greeted by a small group (some of whom she knows), arrayed around the laboratory in close proximity to a table. An unmoving figure currently lies upon that table.

"Miss Waverider. Come in," intones the elven man whose voice summoned her here with so little preamble.


Image
Headmaster Ryo wrote:

"Go get ready if you need too." The Headmaster responds to Jeran. "In that time I will use my abilities to learn as much as I can and hopefully get you as close as I can when that time comes."

Having said this, Ryo takes out his first deck of cards as his office door opens. He had the best connection with this deck, and he'd need it to find his missing student.

"Thank you, sir."

He turned to the rest of the group. "Any environmental hazards we should be preparing for? We can get stuff from the supply closet if we need to."


Male Half-fiend gestalt alchemist 16/ eldrich Godling 16
short description:
right arm red demon skin, left arm green scales, left eye red, right eye green, long, tentacle-like tail, forked tounge, small fangs and claws, wears shackles, has talons

"Not much. Mostly because I can, to some degree, control the abyss's layout. Much more limited then that of a true god, but t should keep you safe. Even then, however, acid and fire protection are rather vital... And, of course, magical protection from evil creatures is a great thing to have."
Settro is stiff and tense, his tail only twitching occasionally, in a short jolt of movement.


Image
Vis Niyambi wrote:
Fieri Sunwake wrote:


Fieri sighed. "Look, I know this can be hard to understand, but not all infernals are evil. Most sure, but not all. Just like not all celestials are good. Most sure, but not all. This is one of those rare safe places for non-evil demons and devils and such to be where they can be safe from their own kind and from the rest of us. So Professor Settro isn't the only one like him you'll meet here, most likely. They have to follow the rules just like everyone else. There are wards in place that prevent people from hurting each other here. The best thing you can do is not jump to conclusions about someone based on where they come from. Prejudice can be an ugly thing. It's better to judge people based on their actions."

"I don't care if he's good! I mean, it's just..."

vis is quite clearly struggling to explain.
"I mean, what you call celestials, I call infernals, along with several other races of creatures outside this realm. They... Aren't supposed to have influence here... "Demon" or "angel" irrelevant."
vis seems quite convicted in his odd philosophy.

Fieri resisted the urge to visibly face palm. "Vis, you can't just rewrite all the classifications like that and expect people to understand you. Not to mention just rejecting all extraplanars like that. It's isnt very nice. If you go by that logic we shouldn't have any influence here either since our ancestors originally came from the plane of fire. I'm sorry things don't fit the way you think they should, but life is a lot more complicated once you start adding other people into it. But it's a good kind of complicated if you give it a chance. Now, go back to your seat. No one is going to hurt you here."


Male Firebird

"I honestly wonder if we should have influence here from time to time..."
vis sighs.
"I'll go to my seat now..."
vis quietly heads to a seat near the back.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Melody Waverider wrote:

Mel returns tyb's hug. I guess I'll see you soon then. she says as she wave bye. and heads of to the lab as directed.

she does not drag Arthur along, but does not make him stay away either. She seems at ease with him being there.

Once at the Lab Mel gives a knock at the door. Hello? I'm here, as requested.

The door slides open. Melody is greeted by a small group (some of whom she knows), arrayed around the laboratory in close proximity to a table. An unmoving figure currently lies upon that table.

"Miss Waverider. Come in," intones the elven man whose voice summoned her here with so little preamble.

Mel step in rather nervously. looking at all the people about the room. Ahhh. whatever I did or didn't do, I don't think it was that serious? looking toward the body on the table Is someone sick? I've been doing alot of infirmary work today.

Pulling Arthur in with her. this is Arthur he's my, ahhh..intern?


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

A petite woman dressed in tight fitting purple leather stepped forward, examining Melody. Her light brown hair hung loose over her shoulders and her heart shaped face and almond shaped violet eyes looked familiar. Very familiar if you happened to glance over at Aananda. As she got close to Melody the pupils of her eyes changed, looking like golden hourglasses for a moment before changing back.

"A Time Lord? Well, that's unexpected. Yes, she should be able to handle the artron energies in the rift, although a little extra shielding wouldn't be a bad idea."

"Hello, Melody. My name is Ephebe Blackscales. And I have the feeling we're going to be spending a lot of time together. At least if I want there to be any chance of you not causing more problems than I can fix," she said with an attempt at a smile. Not a very good attempt, but obviously effort was being made. "Although I suppose I shouldn't judge so much since we brought you here to hopefully help solve a problem that I can't. I won't lie, it's dangerous. But if it doesn't get done two universes get destroyed, including this one, which would be most uncomfortable for all of us who live here."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

Arthur scoffs at the notion of him being her inter but his gaze turns serious at ephebi's speach "is there any way in which I can help... I build things.. I'm rather good at it"


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death

Just hangs back, and observes.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Vai lays there, quite dead for the time being. Her skin has gone ashen, and she's cold to the touch at this point.

(She may also have been covered up at some point?)


Vai Sunwake wrote:

Vai lays there, quite dead for the time being. Her skin has gone ashen, and she's cold to the touch at this point.

(She may also have been covered up at some point?)

I didn't see any indication of such compassion or humanity yet, yer laying there dead as a door knob, blood dried up on the neck now... cheers! Besides, we all know how people treat death around here anyway-- it's like stubbing your toe, or a bruise! ;)


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel looks even more nervous that before.

A Time..what? Universes being destroyed? rift, Artron energies? just how much are we talking about here?

You mean I'm not in trouble?

Mel gives a pause to see if any of her questions are or even can be answered. she obviously has no idea about this Time lord thing.

assuming Vai is covered, she has not recognized vai on the table yet.

Oh and hi Ephebe, I guess you know my name already. looking to Arthur, yeah I may need a shield. that would be great. I don't want to be destroyed today. I mean I already died sort of, yesterday, noo wait the day before


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death

Absently reaches over and casts gentle repose on Vai's shell, making her look like she's just resting.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Damiani wrote:
(She may also have been covered up at some point?)
I didn't see any indication of such compassion or humanity yet, yer laying there dead as a door knob, blood dried up on the neck now... cheers! Besides, we all know how people treat death around here anyway-- it's like stubbing your toe, or a bruise! ;)

Sigh...

Assume she's covered - I didn't have much time to type on my earlier post, and didn't proofread it like I usually do. Tam covered her as he was inviting Melody in, so he wasn't looking at her when she entered.

At the sound of the other voice, Tamrin turns on the two recently-arrived students.

Melody Waverider wrote:
You mean I'm not in trouble?

"That will depend on whether or not you actually follow instructions from now on," he says in a disturbingly even tone as he levels his gaze on her, then on Arthur, then back to her. "There are lives counting on it".

He lays his hand back on the table after Krays works his magic.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel looks over toward Tamrin she definately is not to pleased with the tone. So am I to assume you need a lab rat? and I just happen to fit the bill?

I can follow directions, but if those directions are wrong, or stupid, I won't.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

"Yes, Arthur, you can help. My mom is going to be building a device to close a rift that's been torn between this universe and an alternate universe. The rift is unstable and if we don't close it then both universes will be destroyed. I'm sure that she would appreciate an assistant. Melody, you're going to need to take this device into the rift and deploy it. You'll need some extra shielding, but as a time lord you should be able to survive the artron energies around the rift. It's the name of your species, by the way. Bit of self aggrandizement there, but that's true of a lot of species when all is said and done. And if you don't know more than that it's best that I don't tell you. And Dad is right, it's really important that you follow instructions throughout this. You can't let yourself get distracted even a little since lives depend on it. Yours included by the way. If you think you can't handle it, tough. We haven't got any other options. Well, technically there's one other option, but unlike you I can't come back from the rift, and I'm not really okay with a plan that means I don't get to be around to see my babies hatch."

"We don't need a lab rat, we need a time lord. You are one. Deal with it. And these directions are the ones that let all the people you care about keep living. End of the world Melody. Try to keep up."


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Damiani wrote:
Vai Sunwake wrote:

Vai lays there, quite dead for the time being. Her skin has gone ashen, and she's cold to the touch at this point.

(She may also have been covered up at some point?)

I didn't see any indication of such compassion or humanity yet, yer laying there dead as a door knob, blood dried up on the neck now... cheers! Besides, we all know how people treat death around here anyway-- it's like stubbing your toe, or a bruise! ;)

Probably assumed she'd be rezz'd shortly. But, no...not yet.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Ephebe wrote:

"Yes, Arthur, you can help. My mom is going to be building a device to close a rift that's been torn between this universe and an alternate universe. The rift is unstable and if we don't close it then both universes will be destroyed. I'm sure that she would appreciate an assistant. Melody, you're going to need to take this device into the rift and deploy it. You'll need some extra shielding, but as a time lord you should be able to survive the artron energies around the rift. It's the name of your species, by the way. Bit of self aggrandizement there, but that's true of a lot of species when all is said and done. And if you don't know more than that it's best that I don't tell you. And Dad is right, it's really important that you follow instructions throughout this. You can't let yourself get distracted even a little since lives depend on it. Yours included by the way. If you think you can't handle it, tough. We haven't got any other options. Well, technically there's one other option, but unlike you I can't come back from the rift, and I'm not really okay with a plan that means I don't get to be around to see my babies hatch."

"We don't need a lab rat, we need a time lord. You are one. Deal with it. And these directions are the ones that let all the people you care about keep living. End of the world Melody. Try to keep up."

before I post a response let me say that this is quite the dump on Mel all of a sudden. and the general feeling is not super great as far as attitude presented to her. Mel will be helping, just need to smooth out some rather rough introductions.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel takes all this in.

look I want to help, but, its, its just the general attitude, like, "do what I say" how else am I supposed to feel? and remember, only a few minutes ago I was hanging with some friends, not really privy to anything like this, and suddenly...BAM, do this and save the world. I mean, its alot to take in all of a sudden.

besides I never said I won't help, Just a little respect, to be treated like a team member, not some "delivery girl" I probably have lots of questions. some probably not even relevent. but first lets hear the plan, and tell me exactly what "we" are dealing with. she stresses the We part. wanting to be a team player.

this is a lot to dump on her as soon as she walks in the room. and the delivery defintely gave me the impression of "expendable lackey"


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

"BAM! You're a Time Lord! One of the exemplar's of your race has saved the universe more times than I count, so you better step it up, girl!"

That is what I'm kind of getting from this scene.

Jacob sits down, rather confused at the exchange betwixt Missus del Sol and Vis. His eyes flash strangely, they look almost normal for a second...

...and he starts tapping out a rhythm of four.

69,851 to 69,900 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1393 | 1394 | 1395 | 1396 | 1397 | 1398 | 1399 | 1400 | 1401 | 1402 | 1403 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.