Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune

Game Master rando1000

Exsilium


401 to 450 of 1,937 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens
SerpentViolet wrote:
Captain Olivia Quinn wrote:
"That was a lot easier than I expected." she says on the other side, which is probably because she's as small if not smaller than Isis.
OOC: Isis isn't particularly petite, she's limber.

Ahh, okay makes sense.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:
Rando, your map is tiny. I don't know if that's intentional.

It's only meant as a guide. I'll post a bigger map if/when combat occurs.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

You have a hallway heading south, one heading north, and a large room ahead. Direction?


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

OOC: I vote for the large room. Captain?


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 0/54; HP: 37/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Did I make it through?


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

Captain Quinn heads toward the large room ahead, but glancing down the hallways as she does so.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis flanks her Captain, ray gun ready.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 9/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

His practically anorexic eating habits combined with poor, cheap food products when he did contributed greatly to letting him squeeze past the cave in with little fuss.

"It concerns me that we're leaving our backs open for anything down those corners to approach us unhindered. As well, i would've preferred we took the time to properly clear the blockage first. We're in no rush. The rocks however would impede us if we were forced to escape." Esh complains, but follows along even then.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

"You make a good point, we should take the time to clear the blockage, just in case."


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Having assured herself that there was no danger as far as she could tell in the halls or the room (my previous Perception check), Isis pitched in on clearing rubble, neatly lining rocks to the side.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Sharlavaka wrote:
Did I make it through?

Yes. I noted in a post a while back, but it might have been phrased in a confusing way. Sorry.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:
Having assured herself that there was no danger as far as she could tell in the halls or the room (my previous Perception check), Isis pitched in on clearing rubble, neatly lining rocks to the side.

Oh, but she did not assure herself...

More on that later.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

While the others are clearing rock, Isis notices a glint in the air very near Irina. Looking closer, it appears to be a silver ring, floating in mid-air. Then, she notices the surface of the air in front of the ring waver slightly. Surrounding the ring, and several other small metal items, is a cube-like form...

Initiative
1d20 - 5 ⇒ (9) - 5 = 4

Irina: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

OOC: Isis' initiative is 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Got a map?


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 0/54; HP: 37/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Initative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Quinn initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Esh initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Initiative Order:
Esh, Isis, Irina, Quinn, Shalavaka, Creature

Party may act.


Female Human Envoy 5

"Eek!" Irina screams and jumps back several feet. Drawing her baton, she reflexively smacks at the beast.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d4 ⇒ 3


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 0/54; HP: 37/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka began lasering the problem, advancing as he did.

To Hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis probes her knowledge to recall this creature's strengths and weaknesses. Life Science 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

This jello monster was like nothing Isis had ever seen or heard about. Isis expected bizarre physiology. "Irina, what are this creature's strengths and weaknesses?"


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 9/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Life Science: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Time slows down within Esh's perspective, as his mind works overdrive to bring up any information regarding... whatever this was.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

Quinn pulls her laser pistol, but otherwise waits for the danger assessment.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Sharlavaka's laser hits, and seems at least nominally effective. Esh vaugely remembers a creature called a Gelatinous Cube from ancient Golarion lore, though he knows of no encounters with such since the Gap. The creatures were known to be resistant to, or perhaps even completely immune to, electrical attacks.

Note that so far, only Irina and Sharlavaka have used their actions. Knowledge checks do not take an action.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Being an android, Isis discovers that her arc pistol is useless without disappointment or frustration. She simply transferred her survival knife to her hand from its wrist sheath. Then she moved up and stabbed the "ring in aspic". 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage
OOC: Can you give us a map?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Cube Battle Round 1


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 9/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

The elf blinks, his eyes actually widening in surprise at the appearance. "A Gelatinous Cube. Those are supposed to be extinct, having not been seen since old Golarion vanished. Don't bother with any arc pistol here."

He's well aware that his own spells are more or less useless here alongside his gun, especially with Isis charging forward and preventing a decently aimed Overheat spell. Nonetheless, he might as well do something, a small hailstone forming in his palm- though it shatters instantly.

A very unsavory string of curses quickly follows.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis recognized Esh's blue Elven. "Esh, what's wrong?"


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:
his own spells are more or less useless here alongside his gun, especially with Isis charging forward and preventing a decently aimed Overheat spell.

OOC: Actually Irina and Capt. Quinn are in the way, not Isis. Also, the cube might be a bigger target than it appears. It's my understanding that these things are 10' to a side. Rando?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Yes, an oversight on my part. just imagine it bigger and I'll increase the size on next round's map.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

The creature lashes out at Isis.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d6 ⇒ 1 acid


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis returned the favor. Survival knife attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 for1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage plus trick attack1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38 for 1d8 ⇒ 6 damage
The critter is now flat-footed until the beginning of my next turn (-2 to AC, no AoOs).


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

Is the acid damage that Isis takes obvious as such? I was about to say that Quinn would use her acid breath since Esk didn't mention acid was worthless, but if I see that Isis is being burned by acid, that might be a reasonable conclusion. Thoughts?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Quinn fails to notice the acid damage.

Had she noticed, Quinn MIGHT come to that conclusion, but it wouldn't necessarily be accurate. Different acids react with substances differently, for which I'd call for a Physical Science check.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

Not noticing that the creature is acid, she would then go ahead and attempt her black dragon breath (making sure not to catch anyone else in the cone)


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 9/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Physical Science: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Eshenvral studies the creature as he again prepares ice in his palm. This time it successfully forms in place, and a thin stream of cold air lances a patch of the cube.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Cold Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 0/54; HP: 37/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka continued lasering the thing, since it seemed to be working.

To Hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Everyone's attacks are normally effective.

For Quinn's breath:
Black Wyrmling Gland (DC 10): 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) = 5
Cube's save: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (14) - 4 = 10


Female Human Envoy 5

Irina takes advantage of the creature's distraction at Isis' trick attack to move out of range. She then shouts, "Guys, we need to take this thing down, quick!" (giving everyone a +1 to attack next round).


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

The Cube trundles forward into Isis's square.

It's attempting an Engulf maneuver. She can either take an attack of opportunity against it, or she can attempt a Reflex Save to avoid being engulfed.

New Map


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 0/54; HP: 37/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Given the choices, Sharlavaka shot it.

To Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens
rando1000 wrote:

Everyone's attacks are normally effective.

For Quinn's breath:
Black Wyrmling Gland (DC 10): 3d6
Cube's save: 1d20-4

Oh! I swore since they were acid they were immune to acid lol! Yay!


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis attempts to dart out of the way 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 and fails.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Isis is trapped inside the Cube!

2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 acid damage.

Super-secret saving throw:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

At this point, we begin round 3.

Sharlavaka has already fired and hit.

Rest of the party


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
rando1000 wrote:

Isis is trapped inside the Cube!

Super-secret saving throw:1d20+1

OOC: Now I'm paralyzed.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
SerpentViolet wrote:
rando1000 wrote:

Isis is trapped inside the Cube!

Super-secret saving throw:1d20+1
OOC: Now I'm paralyzed.

Sorry Rando, I know too much inside knowledge ruins the game. My bad.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 9/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Without much in the way of other options, Esh continued to use his simple cantrip in hopes of whittling down at the creature.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Just my luck.

1d3 ⇒ 3


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

Captain Quinn fires off multiple bright 'star' projectiles from her hand at the creature. (Shooting Stars, equivalent to Magic Missile, casting as a full-round action for an extra missile (that we can do that is crazy but awesome)

Shooting Stars: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Shooting Stars: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Shooting Stars: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:

Without much in the way of other options, Esh continued to use his simple cantrip in hopes of whittling down at the creature.

1d20+5
1d20+5 Just my luck.
1d3

OOC: That may have hit. The gelatinous cube I remember from Pathfinder has a Dexterity of 1.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:
SerpentViolet wrote:
rando1000 wrote:

Isis is trapped inside the Cube!

Super-secret saving throw:1d20+1
OOC: Now I'm paralyzed.
Sorry Rando, I know too much inside knowledge ruins the game. My bad.

Good thing I altered the monster, then. You'd NOT paralyzed. And you made the save vs. the effect, anyway. Isis can act, though her options are limited.

401 to 450 of 1,937 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.