Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune

Game Master rando1000

299 AG - The heroes are part of a resistance group called The Gardathir, defending the colony world of Zothune.


251 to 300 of 1,752 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Quinn is quite aware that there will be shots fired before you get to Drift jump. There's really nothing for it. You need to get clear of the station and attack/evade long enough to enter drift space.

Vera piloting check.
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Your computer pilot manages to execute a flip and turn style maneuver to get you cleanly out of the docking area and on your route. As you're moving off, however, you hear

"Stop and power down your vessel!" over the comm. At first you don't see any sign of pursuit, but as soon as you're clear of the station, you note three fighters on your tail.

Star Map


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Since the enemy hasn't fired yet and the idea was to delay as long as possible, Isis waited on firing for one of two things, either for them to fire or for our Captain to order her to attack.

Just to be sure on what's going on, are we dispatching the fighters and then stopping the ship for a minute to enter the Drift or do we expect to enter while moving? I would also wonder whether they would follow us in the Drift.


Engineering check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

"Cap'n, I've diverted energy to the engines, for the time bein'. Vera should feel a little pep in her step right about now."


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Round 1.
Engineering phase completed.
Piloting phase: Piloting check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Opponent piloting check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Vera is able to move first. She jets the ship ahead 14 spaces. The fighters strive to catch up, but they're falling behind.

Gunnery phase. While Isis hesitates, the three fighters open up on the Revenge.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Two hits drain the aft shields down to 2.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Making an irritated clicking noise, Sharlavaka moved to the Starboard side gyrolaser and focused his weapon as best he could. "Keep enemies on Starboard, manning that laser." He waited for a clear shot, and then took it.

To Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis concentrated fire on the same ship as her comrade, computer aided, with the turret coilgun. coilgun 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18, coilgun damage 4d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 4) = 10
“Captain, what are your orders?!” She also wondered what Esh is doing.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Scowiling as the his readout informs the loss in sheild power. Gliding his figers over the display, he tries to rebalance the power output and get some protection back there.

Computer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

The combined damage between Sharlavaka and Isis takes down one fighter's forward shields and gives them a decent hull hit.

Esh is having an unfortunately time getting used to the Revenge's computers, but fortunately, what he's attempting is not very difficult. Each ship has one crew and has a speed of 10, roughly. The vessels have no drift engines.

Let's hold here for Quinn's Captain action. I'll message the player if we haven't heard from Quinn in a day or so.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"<That's not what was supposed to happen...>" He mutters under his breath, unsure how trying to re-balance the shields instead initiated a scan of their pursuers. Esh doesn't let this inconsistency bother him for too long however, and he transmits the valued data onto the readouts of his crewmates.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:
"<That's not what was supposed to happen...>" He mutters under his breath, unsure how trying to re-balance the shields instead initiated a scan of their pursuers. Esh doesn't let this inconsistency bother him for too long however, and he transmits the valued data onto the readouts of his crewmates.

Doh! GM didn't bother reading...consider it a freebie, you can try again to balance the shields before the next gunnery phase.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

"They're firing on us, no choice but to fire back and hold them off until we can escape!" she says.

Sorry, I literally slept the entire weekend. Like I just didn't get out of bed.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Captain Olivia Quinn wrote:

"They're firing on us, no choice but to fire back and hold them off until we can escape!" she says.

I'll count that as an Encourage, granting +2 to Shalavaka's attack bonus.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Unfortunately, not sufficiently encouraging, I guess...


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Top of round, Engineering phase.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Piloting phase: Piloting check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Opponent piloting check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

The Revenge continues to out-pace the fighters.

Esh may perform an additional computer check at this time (to re-align the shields, for example) and Quinn may also attempt an action now (since she missed first round).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Computers: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26

Shaking off the last of the weirdness, he finally feels himself at ease and familiar enough with the computer systems to get back to work. Both his physical and digitical self work quickly to finally get their sheilds in order, as well as starting opening up a window in his periphreal to begin preperations for an Emergency Drift Shot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Hell yeah! that's the cyber-elf we know and...well, best not overstate it.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Gunnery phase. The three fighters continue to fire on the Revenge.

1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 = 7
2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 = 8
2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 2 = 19
2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Only one hit this time, energy deflected by Esh's re-balanced shields.

Isis and Shalavaka


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis again concentrated fire on the same ship as her comrade, again computer aided, with both the turret coilgun and the port gyrolaser in its aft quadrant.
coilgun 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 19, coilgun damage 4d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 1) = 6, gyrolaser 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 - 4 - 2 - 2 = 11, gyrolaser damage 1d8 ⇒ 4
“Captain, what are your orders now?” “And Esh, when you get a moment, can you scan the enemy again for tactical info? Particularly ‘targeting signature’ (AC), but also ‘type’ (frame), ‘shield strength’ (shield points, total and current) and ‘structural integrity’ (hull points, total and current). I’d feel more in control if I knew just what we’re up against.”

OOC: Rando, might you update the map? I'd like to be sure on range increments, particularly for the gyrolasers.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

How are you firing two weapons at once?


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

"Fire at Will (Gunnery Phase, Push)
You can fire any two starship weapons, regardless of their arc.
Each attack is made at a –4 penalty.", p.324


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka continued to barrage whichever enemy came closest. It seemed like a thing to do.

To Hit: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Sounds good.

The gryolaser goes wide, missing the target. The coilgun hits solidly.

SerpentViolet wrote:


OOC: Rando, might you update the map? I'd like to be sure on range increments, particularly for the gyrolasers.

Let's hold off a bit more. The only difference currently is the distance between is now 8 further than on the current map. Facing is still the same. At this point, if Otis succeeds at another couple enhanced speed checks, they may as well turn around and head back because you'll be so far outside their range they won't hit.

But, will play it out for another round or two just to see.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Sharlavaka wrote:

Sharlavaka continued to barrage whichever enemy came closest. It seemed like a thing to do.

[dice=To Hit]1d20+4+1
[dice=Damage]1d8

Sharlavaka's shot takes down the front shields of a second starfighter, damaging it slightly.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

We seem to have gone through our 2nd round without a captain's action. I am going to slow it down next round so that doesn't happen again. Quinn, please add +2 to your dice roll for any captain's action you take next round, to compensate for your missed round.

Top of round 3.


1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

"I can't keep us going this speed forever without some consequences, guys. Let's get this done!


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Pausing here until everyone can get a chance to respond. The fighters are 14 hexes total distance, give or take one or two. The most severely damaged fighter looks like he's planning on peeling off.

Vera will be making a piloting check vs. the other pilots to see if they close distance, however briefly. Quinn can take one of her captain's actions pretty much at any point in the round.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

"Being arrested isn't an option!" she says. (Doing the Demand action for Intimidate, +4 is better if we can pull it off.)


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
Captain Olivia Quinn wrote:
"Being arrested isn't an option!" she says. (Doing the Demand action for Intimidate, +4 is better if we can pull it off.)

OOC: Am I missing something or does Captain Quinn still need to make the actual d20 roll? (And don't forget your +2!)


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens
SerpentViolet wrote:
Captain Olivia Quinn wrote:
"Being arrested isn't an option!" she says. (Doing the Demand action for Intimidate, +4 is better if we can pull it off.)
OOC: Am I missing something or does Captain Quinn still need to make the actual d20 roll? (And don't forget your +2!)

Ah, right and actually I'm doing it as Encouraged since I forgot I suck at Intimidate, there's nearly no way I can make that DC without a nat 20 almost... so only +2 it is)

Encourage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Quinn succeeds inspiring the better performance.

Does this bonus apply to Vera, Esh, Sharlavaka or Isis?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Piloting Phase:
Piloting check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Opponent piloting check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Considering the regular gain in distance, Vera opts to continue surging the vehicle straight forward, taking you out to a total separating distance of 18 hexes.

One of the three pilots peels off as expected and heads back toward the station. The other two are going to give it one more round to try to get a lucky hit on you, but escape looks pretty likely at this point.

Esh may now take his action before the (final) gunnery phase.
Since the gunners have been doing pretty well on their own, why don't you take Quinn's +2 bonus. Don't forget to take one of the computer's node bonuses as well.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

OOC: Esh, I'm still curious about the enemy's stats. If you want to do something else that's fine.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Esh computer check to scan enemy fighters:
1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 3 = 29

The ships are one man fighters with a speed of 10 and perfect maneuverability. They have an AC of 16, a TL 16, and 20 base HP. They have no Drift engines.

Gunnery phase.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis again concentrated fire on the closest ship, again computer aided with the turret coilgun.
coilgun 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18, coilgun damage 4d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 2) = 12
“Captain, what are your orders now?” “And Esh, thank you.”


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Taking a breath, Sharlavaka focused on the next target and fired again. At some point he needed to suggest adding a heavier weapon for him.

To Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

A second fighter destroyed by Isis and Sharlavaka, the Revenge's escape is secured. The final fighter turns back. A few minutes later, the group has entered the drift, their mission a success.

3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 6) = 12

You have 12 days to interact and do what you please before you reach Zothune with the weapons.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Releasing the controls, Sharlavaka grunted. Well, it was mostly a success. Just one small hiccup. "Chances of ship being identified by those ships?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
Sharlavaka wrote:
Taking a breath, Sharlavaka focused on the next target and fired again. At some point he needed to suggest adding a heavier weapon for him.

Since Sharlavaka mentioned it, if we’re getting more BPs for the Revenge, I would really like to see us install a Heavy Weapon mount and slot a Particle Beam. It does 8d6, which is a big increase above the turret coilgun’s 4d4. It does use 25 PCUs instead of 10, so presumably we’d need an upgrade to Pulse Red Power Core for 2 BP.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
rando1000 wrote:
A second fighter destroyed by Isis and Sharlavaka, the Revenge's escape is secured. The final fighter turns back.

Isis made a parting shot on the last ship as it fled, again computer aided with the turret coilgun.

coilgun 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 9, coilgun damage 4d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 2) = 11


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

OOC: Isis busied herself with the weapons cache. First she looked for grenades, hoping to palm a couple. Then she split her time between putting batteries in the charger and reading an epic ballad in the original Elven. (With two ports, she is able to charge 50 cells in a full day.)

When done with those things, the android happily prepares the evening meals for the next week and a half. The dinners are mostly tasty and nutritious, with a few failures. At one point, remembering Esh likes junk food, the dessert is microwaved space twinkies with ice cream.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:


Since Sharlavaka mentioned it, if we’re getting more BPs for the Revenge, I would really like to see us install a Heavy Weapon mount and slot a Particle Beam. It does 8d6, which is a big increase above the turret coilgun’s 4d4. It does use 25 PCUs instead of 10, so presumably we’d need an upgrade to Pulse Red Power Core for 2 BP.

Since I started your ship off one tier higher than your level, I believe I'm going to hold off on adding a tier.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Isis does manage to find one grenade that she thinks she can get away with taking. Pick one level one or two grenade.


On the way back to Zothune, Otis stops off in the med bay. He hesitates for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and entering.

"Hey, doc! I'm wondering if you can help me with a little problem."


Female Human Envoy 5

Irina smiles kindly, and corrects Otis. "I'll do what I can, but I'm not a doctor. Just a trained medic; I hold a nursing degree and W1-W4 certifications."


"Well, you're the doc in my book. Anyway, I got this pain..." Otis goes on to describe his symptoms.


Female Human Envoy 5

"Sounds just like general muscle fatigue. Let me get you a muscle relaxer and some pain killers."

Irina goes to the cabinet and retrieves the drugs.


"Thanks a lot, doc. Irina." Otis says, taking the medications. He sits there for a few moments, looking into nothingness, avoiding eye contact.

"Well, okay. Guess I'll get going. Be seeing you around."


Female Human Envoy 5

"Was there something else?"


Otis smiles and now looks the young woman in the eyes. "No, just...nice to have you aboard." With that he turns and quickly shuffles off, leaving Irina staring curiously after him.

251 to 300 of 1,752 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.