Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune

Game Master rando1000

299 AG - The heroes are part of a resistance group called The Gardathir, defending the colony world of Zothune.


1 to 50 of 1,630 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

In preparation for play, please read the Campaign Info so you have a solid idea of the setting and your relation to it. If you have any questions, ask them in the "Discussion" section.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Game is now live

Vul Faldihr is a medium sized city in the habitable ring of Zothune. It is built in the arms of a mountain valley, while mining operations take place deep in the bowels of the mountain itself. In classic Dwarven fashion, a great many of the city's structures are also built into the mountain, with the districts most populated by non-Dwarves being outside in the open.

Vul Faldihr is known as a rough town, even among the rugged individuals who choose to make the harsh world of Zothune their home. Crime, both of the organized and random varieties, is common. The city also boasts the headquarters of the burgeoning Gardathir movement to defend Zothune from Azlanti invasion.

The four of you sit together at The Forge, a lesser known bar frequented by miners and miscreants in the Inner City, on the planet Zothune, watching on the giant screen monitor above the window as the last ore ship departs for the Pact Worlds. You eye each other quietly; even in this place, you’re not permitted to discuss the workings of the Gardathir out loud, or the operation you performed just last night.

14 hours earlier…

Captain Olivia Quinn, Isis-149, Eshenvral Kothiavus, and a glum Vest warrior cluster against the wall of a four-story "building" (carved into the living stone) on the edge in Vul Faldihr’s industrial district, the red-pink glow of Zothune’s sun casting faint shadows. Moments ago, a security cruiser drove by, and you all barely managed to avoid being noticed.

Your mission is simple, yet dangerous: break into the storage facilities of the Zothune Mining Consortium and steal as much ore as your small cargo truck can carry, focusing on Admantine ore where possible, but otherwise taking iron or other metal ores. The theft serves two purposes: whatever you take will not go into the hands of the Pact Worlds, which as of tomorrow is just another foreign superpower, and second, it can be put to use in various ways by the Gardathir.

The rear access door of the loading docks sits before you, secured with a combination of electronic and mechanical locks. The camera which would normally monitor this doorway has already been disabled, meaning that you have a limited amount of time before the facility’s security notices there is a problem.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

A tall elf shrouded in dark clothing presses his back to the wall as he hears the sirens of a cruiser trail off into the distance. He frowns once it's well and truly passed, pushing away from the wall and following after his odd group. He dosn't know how he ended up in this mess. He dosn't even know why he's bothering to help, there's little these people can truly offer him. In the end, the reasons for why he's here at all don't actually matter.

He made them a promise, and Esh never wants to break such a sacred vow.

A small battery dances between his fingers, a habit he's long since adopted in order to keep an extra source of magic on hand at all times. Perfect for emergencies when he needed them most.

Upon spying the access panel he's quick to approach, taking stock of the system before he truly put his skills into action.

In other words... what do I do here?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

You can attempt to Disable either the Electronic lock, the Mechanical lock, or both (two separate checks) using Engineering. Isis-149 also has this skill, so you can each make one attempt per lock.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Engineering, electric lock: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis is obviously an Android, with circuitry designs etched on her caramel skin. Her eyes glitter green, and she has long hair and eyebrows to match. Her good looks (and push up bra) mark her as female, but they are mitigated by her flat affect.
Her Defrex hide armor, with metal studs and crude staples, looks more like carpet than apparel.

With smooth grace she retrieves her engineering toolkit from her knapsack and fetches the right tools for mechanical and electronic locks. Her moves are deft and efficient.

OOC: Electronic Lock roll = 24; Mechanical = 15


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:

Isis is obviously an Android, with circuitry designs etched on her caramel skin. Her eyes glitter green, and she has long hair and eyebrows to match. Her good looks (and push up bra) mark her as female, but they are mitigated by her flat affect.

Her Defrex hide armor, with metal studs and crude staples, looks more like carpet than apparel.

With smooth grace she retrieves her engineering toolkit from her knapsack and fetches the right tools for mechanical and electronic locks. Her moves are deft and efficient.

OOC: Electronic Lock roll = 24; Mechanical = 15

You need to use the dice tag in the future. I'll IM you the code to do so.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Isis-149 manages to succeed against the electronic lock, but fails the mechanical component.

Esh has yet to attempt the mechanical lock, and may attempt so once. Failure means you will either need to find another way in, get another engineer, or somehow break the thing.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
rando1000 wrote:
Isis-149 manages to succeed against the electronic lock, but fails the mechanical component.

You can call me Isis colloquially.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

The massive, hulking Vesk in heavy ringwear Armour stares at the lock, making a low rumble in the base of its throat. It's slightly smaller size and the green of its amour suggests male to those who know about the Vesk, but in full heavy armour it's impossible to say. "Sharlavaka," it rumbled through the armour's coms units. "I am Sharlavaka. You may call me...Sharlavaka."

Infrared sensors pulsed into the darkness as the bulky guard took a look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Seeing nothing, for now, he turned back to the lock. "Push there." One lethal looking talon extended, showing anyone else who cared to try where to push. Whether anyone felt brave enough to ignore the advice...

Engineeing (Aid Another): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The fluff is still on the way, but basic crunch and gear should be complete. Sorry it took so long.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"I'll call you by whatever I wish, Vesk." Eshenvral comments socially, frustrated at his lack of progress. "I certainly won't care what you call me either. Not right now. Not when I don't know or respect any of you."

The android plying her own trade once he's stepped back annoys him further, but he spots her failure to open the second lock and pushes her aside to retake his place. While he doesn't care much for the Vesk, Android, or the short humanoid girl, turning down any obvious advice would be illogical.

Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 +Whatever bonus aid gives

As it clicks into place, his eyes flicker over towards the Vesk in acknowledgment of their aid. "More aid like that however, and I assure you that respect will be earned in good time."


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Sharlavaka wrote:


The fluff is still on the way, but basic crunch and gear should be complete. Sorry it took so long.

Great to have you here.

Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:
+Whatever bonus aid gives

I believe it's still +2


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Eshenvral feels the slight click as the bolt moves into the door, unlocking the final defense. Pushing the door open, the party sees a several meters long hallway, lit with reddish energy sconces at about 10', leading to a doorway.

The doorway leads into a crescent shaped hallway, about 30' wide, the same lighting sources on either side of the hall.

From Gardathir HQ, you have only a vague idea of the complex. The loading bay can be approached from either direction. From there, an elevator takes the ore to the roof. If you'd like more precise information about the facility, someone could attempt to obtain it with a computers check and some form of personal computing device.

Entrance map


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

"Sharlavaka," the Vesk repeated. Anyone who knew the Vesk knew they responded...badly...to being misnamed without permission, including shortening their names. And Sharlavaka was carrying a heavy laser cannon as his personal weapon. He liked to nudge people to politeness before reducing them to an ashy smear, as the Gardathir likely frowned on disintegrating colleagues.

Without any computer system the bulky Vesk couldn't access information, so he instead studied the lift itself. It should tell him a few thing - number of floors, how much it could carry, that sort of thing.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Where have all the good roles gone?


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
rando1000 wrote:

If you'd like more precise information about the facility, someone could attempt to obtain it with a computers check and some form of personal computing device.

Entrance map

OOC: Isis has a CR 2 computer added to her comm unit.

It occurs to Isis that she could have done this earlier, even scouted up lots of details at her leisure, but anyway...

Computers [dice]1d20+8[dice]


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:

Computers 1d20+8

getting closer. You need to add a "/" before "dice" in the end tag only.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
"Sharlavaka wrote:
"Without any computer system the bulky Vesk couldn't access information, so he instead studied the lift itself."

Sorry, my description was sloppy. you know of the lift only by intel from your briefing; it's in the loading dock, which you have yet to find. Given that the "building" is carved into rock, it may have a varying number of floors at any given point, though the trip to the roof was estimated by your scouts as about 60'


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Before Eshenvral can find a port, Isis has already find a basic schematic on the Infosphere.

I'll post it later. Since Captain Quinn has been merely observing the operation thus far, let's hold off and give her a chance to post.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Ore facility public map

This is the map Isis was able to find. It's far from complete, but shows several key points, including the loading dock you're headed to. The gaint square-ish pad in the loading dock is the lift I referred to. Once you've filled a pallet with as much ore as the truck will hold (about 6300 lbs), you can take it to the roof for transfer. Your transport will then be able to leave through the upper gate into the mountain roads.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

OOC: Is "Main Storage" where the ore should be? If so, we should go right.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Potentially there or the Loading Bay itself. Either is likely to contain ore since it's the day before transfer. As storage is one of the paths into the Loading Bay, it would not be a bad way to go, two birds, one stone and all that. Anyone else have input on that choice?


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Depends on how violent we feel like getting. If we're feeling nasty I'd suggest heading to the left. Taking out the command centre would be a smart move, making sure the security is down and the alarms are off, but I betcha gold nuggets to nougat it'll be manned. Plus I betcha the Adamantium Ore will be in the Auxillary Storage, and Main Storage will just have more normal ones. But I'm not sure killing is where we want to go with a simple theft - these guys are just doing there job.

On that note, how does one get non-lethal weaponry in this game?


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

It's simple! We just non-lethally shoot them in the head. Everything'll work out.

Ahem; You make a good point about where it could be located, and going to the command center would give Esh dirrect access go consoles so he could pull that info. Being the a$&~*$$ he is, he dosn't care about what happens to the guards on duty outside of possible criminal charges.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Sharlavaka wrote:


On that note, how does one get non-lethal weaponry in this game?

Certain weapons have a "Stun" mode, unarmed attacks are nonlethal (though sucky because they're archaic and take -5 damage for anyone wearing modern armor). Also the "Merciful" weapon fusion makes nonlethal attacks possible.

It's important to note that if you knock someone down to 1 with real damage, then do 1 HP of nonlethal, they drop to 0, unconscious. So it mostly only matters on the final blow.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Interesting, since the Vesk get a unique Unarmed attack that isn't Archaic. The wording is iffy as to whether I can use it non-lethally, though.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Let's move this to Discussion


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

Captain Olivia Quinn is a very short woman at only 4' 11" although you only realize that if you notice that she's wearing 6" heeled boots. While she looks overall human, her hair is a vibrant blue color. Besides the boots, she wears leather in a strange style with lots of clockwork and gear based elements (Steampunk)

She steps up and attempts to open the (mechanical) door.

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

EDIT: Wait, we already opened it? Lot to read, kinda not sure where we are right now, sorry. :(


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Captain Olivia Quinn wrote:


EDIT: Wait, we already opened it? Lot to read, kinda not sure where we are right now, sorry. :(

Quick recap: You're there to steal some ore. Isis and Esh tag teamed the two locks, with a little help from Sharlavaka. You are now faced with the choice of going right or left to get to the Loading Bay. Isis was in favor of going right, through the Main Storage.

Sharlavaka and Esh seemed more in favor of going left, past the Command Center (potentially taking out any opposition as needed).

So we now wait upon Quinn's vote. Technically, you're captain of the vessel only; the team is more of a collective as the Gardathir are iffy on the concept of "Rank." However, your vote could break the tie, and I can see it being weighed slightly heavier so that even two to two, the side with you on it wins. Plus, we gotta get this show on the road.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
rando1000 wrote:
Plus, we gotta get this show on the road.

Hear hear.

OOC: Whichever route we take, I can stealth pretty well, so let's send me ahead to scout.

I vote we go to the right. Just to elucidate my position, we should find what we need pretty easily, and the security complement can come to us if we get noticed. If we don't run into them, that's less wetwork.

Other people want to go left to attack those in the Command Center and hack the computer.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

"Seems going straight to Main Storage would be quickest."


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis put her finger to her lips, plucked at her lapel, jerked her thumb toward the right, and finished with palm frontward to indicate that the others stay back a little.

Then she got to the door and checked for traps or alarms, and whether it's locked.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

It is locked, a simple magnetic lock.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Rising to the task in hand, Isis works to pick the lock, graciously accepting help (if any).
Engineering 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Next she quietly opened the door a little, peering in with android senses and keeping hidden.

Perception (low light and darkvision) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Fortunately for SV, Isis DID manage to open the magnetic lock, and sneaks into the room carefully. A large twin-unit power generator and its console dominates this room; Isis knows that a staircase behind the door to the right leads directly into the Main Storage.

SV, please pause here...

Meanwhile, back in the hallway, the rest of the party is surprised as a "Rock-Solid" brand security robot steps around the corner, its centaur-like form brandishing two powerful upper arms, and what looks like an integrated arc pistol in its upper right torso.

"Don't move, intruders!"

Initiative
Security Robot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Quinn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Eshenvral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Sharlavaka: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Eshenvral alone is not taken off guard, and may act before the intimidating security robot.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Esh scowls under his mask, and uttered a very impolite Elvish curse. "We should've hid rather then stand around." His mental pathways flared to life for a brief moment, attempting to access the hard computerized storage banks of his memory. While he had a much, much more complete database of arcane artifacts, his personal memories might hold some tidbit information regarding the unit present before him.

Engineering: to know about this type of robot?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Yet before he really tried to process the information he might have, the elf dipped into his internalized mana lattice, directing the energy with near-technical perfection. He and his companions would feel a brief chill as their body heat was sapped, and then amplified into a rolling wave of thermal energy.

Overheat, Reflex DC 15 for half: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Eshenvral seems to remember that this class of security robot doesn't have good energy shielding, making them more vulnerable to electrical attacks. Also, they have a limited nanite repair system that might make it a little harder to take down than it looks.

Reflex Save
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
The robot misses the full brunt of the attack, managing to effectively vent some of the heat from Eshenvral's attack.

I'll post the robot's attack soon; out for lunch and a beer, don't have the full stats on the robot with me.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

His scowl deepens as the centarroid dodges the brunt of it all. "Poor shielding, nanite repair system- It'll be more vulnerable to electricity if you have the right weapons."


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

The robot fires it's arc pistol at Eshenvral.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The electrical burst flies past the techno-elf, slamming into the stone wall of the building.

Quinn's action.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

She steps in front of the robot (out of melee range if possible) then breathes a 15-foot cone of acid at it.

Black Wyrmling Gland (DC 10): 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 2) = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"Disgusting. But effective."


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Robot's reflex save against the acid
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The security bot takes the full brunt of the damage from Quinn's gland. Those who were unaware she had this ability might be a bit surprised to see it for the first time.

Sharlavaka may act, and I need initiative from Isis-149, as she hears the hubbub back in the hall.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Isis' ears pricked up upon hearing a raised voice that sounded like Esh and the crackle of an arc pistol, so she backtracked swiftly.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

"No electric, only lasers." The bulky Vesk hauled the huge artillery weapon and aimed, approaching the defence droid and trying to focus the beam of coherent energized molecules and light onto something that looks like vulnerable. If the target wasn't destroyed Sharlavaka intended to be its first target since the soldier had the best armour and a Vesk's superior toughness.

To Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Sharlavaka's shot is a solid hit, but the tough robot keeps coming.

Just then, Isis pops her android head back into the hallway and sees the battle scene. She can attack at range if she wants, but the creature is too far to reach physically with a 2nd move action.

Isis' action, bottom of round, limited options (see above).


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis fearlessly defends her colleagues. Her pistol crackles with lightning and smells of ozone.
Arc pistol attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
trick attack DC(20 +robot's CR) 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
pistol damage 1d6 ⇒ 4
trick attack damage 1d4 ⇒ 1 and flat-footed
OOC: I take it her electricity damage is multiplied by 1.5, rounded down? How do I multiply with the dice bot?


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Ok, as I understand it, that's a crit. Normally an arc pistol arcs for 2 hp to another foe within 10' but since there's only the one enemy I'm sure that gets ignored.
For further damage 1d6 ⇒ 2, presumably multiplied.
Rando, I don't know if trick attack damage is doubled on a crit?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

No can do on the trick attack. It requires a full action. You used a Move action to re-enter the hallway; thus you cannot take a full action.

As far as critical hit, the rules say: "You roll your damage twice, each time with all your usual bonuses and including any additional damage from special abilities, and then add the rolls together." so if you had been able to trick attack, my reading is yes, you would roll that again and add it in as well.

Since you didn't roll 2 dice and the rules do specify multiple rolls rather than doubling...
1d6 ⇒ 3

Don't worry about multiplying vulnerable damage. I'll take care of that when I deduct HP on my end, since you the player may not know what something is vulnerable to when he or she attacks it..

Isis scores a solid hit from the outside edge of her weapon's first rank, tagging the robot with electrical damage. It surges and jerks a bit, but is fully prepared to continue the battle.

Top of Round 2
Initiative Order:
Eshenvral
Security Robot
Quinn, Sharlavaka
Isis


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
rando1000 wrote:

No can do on the trick attack. It requires a full action. You used a Move action to re-enter the hallway; thus you cannot take a full action.

Look at Trick Attack p.93. "As a full action, you can move up to your speed." I get a single move with Trick attack when I want.

1 to 50 of 1,630 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.