Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune

Game Master rando1000

299 AG - The heroes are part of a resistance group called The Gardathir, defending the colony world of Zothune.


451 to 500 of 1,750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:

Without much in the way of other options, Esh continued to use his simple cantrip in hopes of whittling down at the creature.

1d20+5
1d20+5 Just my luck.

1d3

Is that second roll supposed to be a confirm roll? because you don't need that in Starfinder.

When you make an attack roll and get a natural 20 (the d20 comes up 20), you hit regardless of your target’s AC. If the total result of your attack roll meets or exceeds the target’s EAC or KAC (as appropriate for your attack), you’ve also scored a critical hit. You roll your damage twice, each time with all your usual bonuses and including any additional damage from special abilities, and then add the rolls together.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

For real? Nice.

1d3 ⇒ 1


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis moved out of the cube and withdrew her full speed to safety.
Her melee attack for reversing the grapple is 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Sorry, I was not specific enough. Isis can ACT, but engulfed individuals are pinned. I believe you must escape the pin before attempting anything else, and that's a Standard action. Your target DC is 14 (10 + KAC); 11 does not succeed. That said, you SHOULD probably use Acrobatics to escape the pin, which I'll allow retroactively. With your Acrobatics, you actually can't fail that roll.

Once you escape the pin, you're still grappled.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Moving on, the Cube continues to digest Isis, who is now no longer pinned, but is still grappled.

2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

It also trundles forward and lashes out at Quinn.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 + Acid 1d6 ⇒ 3

Top of round.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

With limited options and a big gun, Sharlavaka continued to fire.

To Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis breaks free of her gooey predicament and Withdraws far away.
OOC: As I understand it, success is automatic.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:

Isis breaks free of her gooey predicament and Withdraws far away.

OOC: As I understand it, success is automatic.

Yes, you are correct.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

As Isis escapes, the gelatinous cube "explodes" into a deluge of liquid acid. Everyone take 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 acid damage. A Reflex Save, DC 15, reduces it to 1/2 (you can roll off-line; track your HP, I trust you).


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sharlavaka looked down as the acid hissed against his armour, then back up again. "Is it dead?"


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis approached and addressed Irina. Her polymer skin was slightly pitted and scarred, and she was leaking viscous liquid. "Can you treat me?"


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

The elf takes a bit of the splash, but is capable of shrugging it off with little more then a grimace. He kneels down, taking a container to scoop up some of the creature's bio-matter. Perhaps with sufficient care and experimentation, he might be able to nurse a piece of it back to life, or cloning it if needed. At the very least it'd prove to be an extraordinary source of research.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:
Isis approached and addressed Irina. Her polymer skin was slightly pitted and scarred, and she was leaking viscous liquid. "Can you treat me?"

Did you take HP damage?


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

@Rando, yes, I'm down 5 hp. I had wanted you to push us to our limits. Be careful what you wish for.
By my tally we inflicted 78 hp on the cube.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Keep your HP and stamina bar updated, it still shows full health.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:
Keep your HP and stamina bar updated, it still shows full health.

In future I'll keep it constantly current.


Female Human Envoy 5

"Already prepping my equipment. Give me just a minute here...

1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 13 + (2) = 32

Irina dusts Isis with a neutralizing anesthetic spray, and then bandages her individual wounds.

DC was 20, which would have healed 3 HP; 32 heals all 4 of Isis' damage.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Among the remains of the gelatinous cube, you find the silver ring that initially tipped you off to the cube's presence, another ring of gold-ish hue, a metal wand covered with Dwarvish runes, and coins totaling about 400 Credits (maybe more if you can find a collector, as they are really old).


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
Irina The Medic wrote:

Irina dusts Isis with a neutralizing anesthetic spray, and then bandages her individual wounds.

DC was 20, which would have healed 3 HP; 32 heals all 4 of Isis' damage.

Rando, I believe you meant to type "all 5". Yes?

Isis lilted "I need a few minutes." Then she lied down on the stone floor, closed her eyes, and rejuvenated for 10 full minutes. She then sprang to her feet, much refreshed. She grabbed her zap gun."Let's rock and roll."


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Man, you really should ask in character first before deciding to take a ten minute break independent of all of us. I mean, we're not in any hurry just yet, but still.

While Isis had decided to shut down with barely any warning beforehand, Esh did indeed focus on the objects he had before him. First he tried to determine if either was particularly magical in any way, before cross-referencing his in-house database to determine their properties.

Access to his magical items database allows me to take 20 for 28, but if these are obscure enough for me to roll I'll do so.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:


Rando, I believe you meant to type "all 5". Yes?

Derp. Yes.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Both rings and the wand are magical. The wand is easy enough:Detect Magic. The silver ring seems to enhance one's lifting capabilities. The other ring is more obscure.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

A ring of lifting. Fairly standard as they went, though it had some interesting properties that helped indicate it's ancient origins. Putting it to the side, he examined the other interesting artifacts, excited to have finally uncovered magic unknown to the world at large. Perhaps he'd even write a paper on them, depending on just what these finds entailed.

Unwilling to take chances on pure skill alone, he mentally triggered an arcane subroutine within his cranial implant. Magic flooded through his brain, enhancing his mental pathways long enough to get a better grasp at what these could be.

Identify, +10 on identify checks for three rounds, Should be just long enough to know learn what these things were.

Mysticism: Wand: 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 10 = 30
Mysticism: Ring: 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 10 = 25


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Yeah, the wand can Detect Magic without expending a charge, or, for 1 charge, can cast Identify. There are 30 charges remaining.

The ring has transmutation properties; it's relatively powerful, but limited to an age related effect. Esh suspects it will restore youth in some manner, but is unsure of the specifics.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

OOC: Maybe others could use the time I regain Stamina to move rocks?


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"A magic wand. Not many of these around anymore." He spoke aloud, turning it over and tracing the runes with his metal fingertips. "This one appears to have been a means of identifying other arcane curiosities, good for perhaps thirty more castings. Even with those expended, it's still a useful means of locating other arcane auras. very nice."

esh slipped the ring of lifting onto a his cybernetic hand's left ring finger, flexing and feeling the magic dlow up through it's servos and into his body. "Fascinating. I feel as if I could lif a man three times my size. Though I feel as if you may havr more use for this then I." The elf informed, looking over at the Vesk.

"And then... we have this last curiosity. Transmuation, quite powerful at least. Something to do with the restoration of youth and vigor, but the specifics... Beyond my understanding. It seems these ruins were a good place to explore after all."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

"Makes you younger? That might be useful someday." she says.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
Captain Olivia Quinn wrote:
"Makes you younger? That might be useful someday." she says.

OOC: My character is 4 years old and doesn't plan to age.

Also OOC: As I see it, the Vesk has 9 1/2 minutes to use the ring of lifting to toss aside rocks like paper mache.


Female Human Envoy 5

"Wonder how many weird ass things like that we're going to have to fight on this mission," Irina said, closing up her supplies.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

There are several directions to explore. There were hallways back the way you came, and exits from this room as well.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Would you mind linking the map we're exploring at the top, Rando? If at all possible. It helps not to have to hunt.

Sharlavaka began to check the corridors for signs of interest, which might hint which ones would be useful. Or trapped. That could be interesting too.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

OOC: I thought the plan was to clear the corridor for defensible backtracking, presumably while I'm resting. Are we skipping it?


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

No, clearing the passage is still a good idea, but I'd like to make sure we're safe-ish while we work.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
Sharlavaka wrote:
No, clearing the passage is still a good idea, but I'd like to make sure we're safe-ish while we work.

OOC: I'll continue to nap while you do both.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"We need to clear out the rest of these side passages first. I recommend the one where the cube came from first, then doubling back to investigate the other following that." Esh spoke, as he removed the ring to hand it over to Sharlavaka.

"It's not of much used to me. Use it to greater augment your capabilities."


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharavaka looked at the ring for a moment, then retracted the armour on his right hand long enough to slip it on. Flexing his hand as the armour reformed, he slung his laser weapon and moved to clear the passages.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Here's the map.

New Map


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Sharlavaka finds his strength augmented greatly (as if it were a 23) and is able to move rubble much more effectively. Others chipping in with smaller pieces would speed up the process more.

Since some of the blockage seems to have come from some form of magma flow, it will be pretty challenging/time consuming to clear the whole blockage. Please let me know where you'd like to concentrate efforts.

Blue letters are partial blockages that can be seen around/over and moved through at 1/2 normal speed.

Purple letters are complete or near complete blockages and will take more effort (and some actual damage) to clear.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka paused once the access to the main entrance was cleared, noting that most of the passages remained blocked and awaiting instructions as to which one he should clear next.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"I think this is suitable for now. We should focus on exploring what we have cleared out, and come back to the rest later. Captain?"


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis replaced her big knife in its spring-release sheath under her sleeve and took a firm grip on her arc pistol. "I'm ready for anything. Captain, tell me where to go and I'll scout ahead. I'm the stealthiest."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

"Agreed, if we clear everything now, we risk something coming up behind us."


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

"Captain, where to?"


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

"Hmm, well lets go clockwise."

She points at a random corridor to start with.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis takes point and sneaks around using cover and darkvision.
stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Okay, starting with "C" then...

Map 2

Isis steps into the cold stone hallway and looks carefully in both directions. Perceiving no danger, she proceeds to ???


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis proceeds left to the door at the end of the hallway. She opens it quietly, just a crack, and peeks in.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21, Stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka follows along a decent distance, waiting for the screaming to start.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:

Isis proceeds left to the door at the end of the hallway. She opens it quietly, just a crack, and peeks in.

Perception 1d20+8, Stealth 1d20+16

unfortunately, you made no mention of taking any action to detect traps of any sort before saying you opened the door, so I have to assume you did not.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
5d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 6, 3, 4) = 15

A very heavy iron block falls from the ceiling, landing squarely on Isis, causing 15 SP/HP of damage.

451 to 500 of 1,750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.