Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune

Game Master rando1000

Exsilium


2,001 to 2,025 of 2,025 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Of the troops in the smoke grenade radius, only 4 make the Fort Save (their helmets gave them a bonus; I guess most of them didn't have them secured, from their D20 rolls). The rest spend the round coughing and trying to get smoke out of their lungs.

Fortunately, those 4 know who to target (i.e. they're not aiming at the illusionary "Dwarves").

:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 A miss against KAC when counting cover
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12

Bullets wing the wall right above Tamrat's head, startling the Captain more than a bit.

Two fire at Sharlavaka:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (2, 10) + 5 = 17

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (9, 3) + 5 = 17

And one fires at Thalin:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (6, 9) + 5 = 20


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

At this point, some reinforcements arrive. A hovercar of Vul Faldihr Defense Forces appears at the Azlanti flank and starts hammering into them with mounted multiwave lasers.

Unfortunately, their aim is a bit off; they only manage to take out two of the troops this round. But more from them later.

Top of Round 4

Updated map is coming.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 7 | SP: 62/62; HP: 54/54; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +7 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +10; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka continued to float over the Azlant, raising rounds down on them. It wasn't like they could stop him. He was making a strange hissing noise as he fired down. It was unlikely any of the other crew who might be listening would notice that this was him laughing. He didn't do it often.

To Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (5, 8) + 7 = 20


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 7 | SP: 39/39; HP: 39/39; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +12+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Seeing that the tide of battle is about to fall heavily more into their favor, Eshenvral loosens the grip on his hologram. It still performs as it was designed, reacting in time with the Azlanti by providing false targets for them to 'kill', but it will soon loose power and collapse.

With his mind free of that mental weight, and not willing to use the last of his intensive magic, the elf grips the ambient energy surrounding the Azlanti and spontaneously creates a swarm of microbots around the largest cluster of still-living troops.

Holographic Image will end after Round 7 finishes up
Microbot Assault: The cloud (and any segments thereof) has a fly speed of 20 feet. Each round on your turn, the microbot cloud grants harrying fire (see page 247) against the foes in its spaces. In addition, the cloud grants covering fire (see page 246) to anyone attacked by foes in its spaces. The microbots constantly repair themselves and the cloud generates new microbots every few seconds, so any attack against them is essentially ineffective.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Okay, a lot going on. Here's a new map:

New Map

The pale yellow line is the smoke grenade. The goldenrod line is Esh's robots.

The smoke grenade provides concealment to those inside it, and presumable to those outside from those firing in. So that's 20% miss chance both ways on those.

The Microbots specifically call out the creatures firing out, so no 20% miss chance on them, from your perspective, unless they're also in the cloud.

Esh, if you want me to move that circle, tell me where you'd rather I put it.

If I missed anyone's repositioning, tell me where you would like to be within reason and I'll put you there.


Male Dwarf | S 56/56 | H 48/48 | R 8/8 | EAC 21 | KAC 23 | F+4 R+10 W+8 | Init+12 | Perc+16 (Darkvision) | SM +16 Colonist Operative (Explorer) 7 | 30'

I said Thalin pulled back. I had figured he would move "up" the roof to somewhere in the neighborhood of the orange spot. Honestly, not very picky about where.


Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 7 | SP 56/56 HP 46/46 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

Six-Pack launches a frame grenade, to the same coordinates it launched the previous smoke grenade. Sending slivers of shrapnel tearing through enemy troops.

Joyride targets the closest visible Azlanti.

Thanks for making us look good, Six!

atk Azlanti frag grenade, get'em: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23
dmg Azlanti frag grenade: 1d6 ⇒ 3

atk nearest Azlanti handcannon, get'em: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13
dmg nearest Azlanti handcannon: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Thalin Shieldbearer wrote:
I said Thalin pulled back. I had figured he would move "up" the roof to somewhere in the neighborhood of the orange spot. Honestly, not very picky about where.

Okay, will do.

Any more Round 4 actions? Tamrat?


Male Dwarf | S 56/56 | H 48/48 | R 8/8 | EAC 21 | KAC 23 | F+4 R+10 W+8 | Init+12 | Perc+16 (Darkvision) | SM +16 Colonist Operative (Explorer) 7 | 30'

Trick Attack w/ Survival & Take 10 - Because I can: 10 + 17 + 4 = 31 Succeeds and makes him FF if CR 11 or less

Single-Valve Plasma Ring: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
E&F w/ Trick: 1d4 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (5, 5, 2, 7) = 25 <frown> Nat 1 means doesn't matter, right?

Thalin continues trying to pick off one of the leaders while trying to keep from falling behind the enemy's front line. Apparently those shots in his direction distracted him, though . . ..


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Tamrat is busy barking out words of encouragement, evidently.

Six-Pack is the only one who's hit so far this round (Sharlavaka, Joyride, and Thalin miss).

At this point, the Azlanti platoon is starting to get a little nervous.

Against Sharlavaka:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
1d100 ⇒ 80
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (9, 4) + 5 = 18

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
1d100 ⇒ 45
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (4, 9) + 5 = 18

Covering Fire against Sharlavaka:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
1d100 ⇒ 32
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (1, 6) + 5 = 12

Against Joyride:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
1d100 ⇒ 53
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 = 13

Well, at least they're rolling as bad as you. No hits, and even the cover fire failed.

Meanwhile, in the back, the hovercar once again aims very badly, but manages to pick off one more Azlanti.

New Map Soon


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Map Round 5

At the top of Round 5, two Azlanti have wandered onto the roof to try to take out Thalin and Six-Pack. The rest of the ones in the back have all turned and are firing up toward the hover car, which has taken some hits and is starting to struggle. It's got one round left in it, if things go the way they've been going. No more reinforcements seem to be coming from off-map, which indicates Defense Forces have been effective in engaging them, at least.

Party may act.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 7 | SP: 62/62; HP: 54/54; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +7 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +10; LowLight, Darkvision |

Floating over the Azlant still, Sharlavaka fired again.

To Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 8) + 7 = 22


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 7 | SP: 39/39; HP: 39/39; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +12+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Taking a breath to steady himself, Eshenvral leaves cover and crosses the street, taking his Red Star from it's holster and trying to line as many of the opposition up in his sight diagonally. Mentally he directs his microbots to move and help cover the hovercar, clustered over the four standing next to each other. Once confident in his aim, he launches a string of arcing plasma from the gun.

The holograms follow his preprogramed routine, and begin to 'rappel' down the building and flood the street in front of Eshenvral, and make a show of reloading their phantom guns. When fired at, they continue to try and react accordingly.

Attack, Line: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Dwarf | S 56/56 | H 48/48 | R 8/8 | EAC 21 | KAC 23 | F+4 R+10 W+8 | Init+12 | Perc+16 (Darkvision) | SM +16 Colonist Operative (Explorer) 7 | 30'

The explorer continues to pull back, moving to behind the roof extension that probably indicates the front door (about 3 squares, I think), even as he moves to trick the same fellow he just missed.

Trick Attack w/ Survival & Take 10 - Because I can: 10 + 17 + 4 = 31 Succeeds and makes him FF if CR 11 or less

Single-Valve Plasma Ring vs FF: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
E&F w/ Trick: 1d4 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (1, 5, 5, 7) = 22 And FF to everyone else.


Tamrat says to Thalin over the radio, "Come on! Keep moving!"

Weird, seems like Paizo ate the post I made. Any case, using hurry on Thalin.


Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 7 | SP 56/56 HP 46/46 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

Six-Pack moves around Thalin remaining low, offering a stranger show of force. The pseudo-centipedal drone chitters and beeps.

James takes another shot.

atk nearest Azlanti handcannon, get'em: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28
dmg nearest Azlanti handcannon: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Much better round. Sharlavaka nails one through the mist; Thalin's trick attacks finally bear fruit, finishing off a second Azlanti.

Esh drops a third injured one. Joyride injures a fourth.

Unfortunately, there are more Azlanti to step up and take their place. Moving through the smoke, they move up and take aim. Unfortunately, two are distracted by illusionary Dwarves.

On Sharlavaka
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
1d100 ⇒ 28
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 5 = 9

On Joyride:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
1d100 ⇒ 3
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (1, 7) + 5 = 13

On Thalin (moving out from around the corner of the roof)
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (7, 5) + 5 = 17


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

The Alzanti in the rear are significantly more effective. They take out the Hovercar that was assaulting form above; it crashes somewhere off-map. One of the Azlanti is shot down before it does so.

Top of Round 6

Map to follow.


Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 7 | SP 56/56 HP 46/46 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

That didn't sound good... hope they bailed. Just when I was hoping to hitch a ride...


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:


Microbot Assault: The cloud (and any segments thereof) has a fly speed of 20 feet.

This has a duration of Concentration +1 round. Does your line attack Sunday break concentration?


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 7 | SP: 39/39; HP: 39/39; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +12+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Well, s$+~. Seems it does. I was thinking concentrating was more a free action, dead wrong there. It's a standard. Apparently all spells are be default silent and still by nature. Didn't realize that either,


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 7 | SP: 62/62; HP: 54/54; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +7 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +10; LowLight, Darkvision |

Tapping his wrist, a series of clicks and clunks signified Sharlavaka was reloading his weapon. Too soon for the enemies tastes the noise ended and the heavy weapon opened up once more.

To Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 4) + 7 = 18


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Map Round 6

The microbot field will be in effect for the rest of this turn. The smoke grenade has another 4 rounds left.

Sharalvaka manages to (barely) finish off another troop.


Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 7 | SP 56/56 HP 46/46 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

James takes a shot at a trooper, pushing his luck. Anyone think that hover vehicle is servicable?

Six-Pack launches another frag grenade into the fray to soften the front line.

atk nearest Azlanti handcannon, get'em: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20
dmg nearest Azlanti handcannon: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

atk frag grenade into the fray AC 5: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
dmg frag grenade: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 7 | SP: 39/39; HP: 39/39; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +12+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

The elf takes up position next to Tamrat, aiming his plasma gun straight in front of him into the Azlanti forces.

Red Star, Line: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Should hit 5 down the line
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

2,001 to 2,025 of 2,025 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.