Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


10,151 to 10,200 of 11,324 << first < prev | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | next > last >>

Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena cuts the bonds on the captives and warns them of the pit, telling them to stay put. If any enemy comes near them, she attacks.


Status: Blessed, Inspired Rage | Hp 11/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Wisdom: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"Well, Bryon, I think someone placed a bit of bait on our path. That usually means they will try and shoot us with bows any moment now - so you might want to keep your head down." That was usually how it went at least. Now all she had to do was to figure out how to not get shot. Easy! *Ahem*. Hopefully at least. She readied her hammer and went for a protective spell. "Walls of Iron arise at my call!" As she raises her hand a dull grey wall forms around the last five horses. "Heh don't worry; this metal is as solid as my grandma's breakfast bread."

Bluff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Secret Message @Party!:
Illthir have never met her grandma. It's an illusion! (Silent Image - DC 15 when interacted with)

Casting a Spell! Passing a Secret Message to Party (and gm - but hopefully not baddies :P)


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Yeah, yeah. It's real excitin'. Just keep your eyes peeled." Scarlet dismounts Schrödinger's Horse and moves ahead, drawing her longsword and shortsword.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Illthir Winlowe wrote:

"Well, Bryon, I think someone placed a bit of bait on our path. That usually means they will try and shoot us with bows any moment now - so you might want to keep your head down." That was usually how it went at least. Now all she had to do was to figure out how to not get shot. Easy! *Ahem*. Hopefully at least. She readied her hammer and went for a protective spell. "Walls of Iron arise at my call!" As she raises her hand a dull grey wall forms around the last five horses. "Heh don't worry; this metal is as solid as my grandma's breakfast bread."

Casting a Spell! Passing a Secret Message to Party (and gm - but hopefully not baddies :P)

Quick rules note: The message only imparts a +4 bonus on the check to disbelieve the figment to your fellow party members. The illusion looks real, and is therefore opaque, otherwise.


As Serena bends low to sever the eldest girl's bonds the trap is sprung!

Horn's sound from all around! And suddenly the area is awash in camouflaged green kobolds wearing armor made of giant insect chitin.

"BORTAS!" shouts one.

Draconic dialect:
"REVENGE!"

"QEM VI'OGH SARGH!" shouts another from the hilltop.

Draconic dialect:
"BRING DOWN THE WALKERS!"

Rustshell XXI (dk red) bow v Serena's horse: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Bloodbeetle XVI (lt red) bow v Serena's horse: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Pumpkinhelm XII (orange) bow v Serena's horse: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Gilttooth XX (yellow) bow v Serena's horse: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Mossbrow XXIV (green) bow v Serena's horse: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Serena's horse goes down screaming.

PSRD wrote:
If your mount falls, you have to succeed on a DC 15 Ride check to make a soft fall and take no damage. If the check fails, you take 1d6 points of damage.

While arrows rain down upon the party from the woods to the north, a group of kobolds (Blue Team!) up on the bluff dig their spears below the base of a big boulder and send it rolling down the incline toward Durgan's mount! Reflex save DC 21 for half of 9d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 6, 5, 2, 4, 1, 2) = 26. Light horses (the majority of the group's horses) have a Reflex save of +5.

Two black kobolds appear amid the green one upon the hill.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Round 1! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet
__ Kobolds! A lot of them.
__ Serena (pending ride (soft fall) check)
__ Posh
__ Victoria
__ Durgan
__ Zokon
__ Alia

__ Erevenywg
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Serena's mount -16 hp, dying

Map updated.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Are those children, or..? Ugh, more Kobolds.

Arrows fly and her allies run into battle. She exhales, exasperated.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

"Alphonsus!" Serena shouts, falling hard to the ground. She struggles to get to her feet. Move action to stand. Laying a hand on her wound, she applies a fraction of her divine power to heal the bruise. Swift action to lay hand on self. "Come on, then. Meet your fate!" she taunts, turning to face the kobolds in the woods. Ready action to attack if any are stupid enough to take her challenge.

Riding: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Falling: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Lay Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 1

It's not a problem, and far be it from me to question the GM, but I wanted to point out that Alphonsus is a heavy horse, and they have 19 hp. However, I'm certain that the issue will be rectified shortly if the kobolds have their way. :)


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon will rapid fire a couple arrows with deadly aim at light blue hoping to catch em while they are focused below and thus unawares

Longbow-rf-da: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Longbow-rf-da: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4

With the alarm going off, Posh attempts to counter and bolster his party mates by chiming in with an oddly beautiful and upbeat melody. He spends the rest of his action remaining where he is and hoping his song carried on the wind towards the party, but he does eye Mikmek suspiciously that they may have been led into a trap of some kind of the kobold should do something to defuse the situation.

Inspire Courage


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 24/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

Durgan also has a heavy horse (here).
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

That's a hell of a trap. Are there more boulders poised to be dropped?

Durgan gives up one Resist Energy to heal his horse.
CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 7) + 4 = 15
Then he moves towards the children.

Horse had 19 HP, took 26 damage, got 15 back, so now at 8 HP.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Serena Mistcastle wrote:
It's not a problem, and far be it from me to question the GM, but I wanted to point out that Alphonsus is a heavy horse, and they have 19 hp. However, I'm certain that the issue will be rectified shortly if the kobolds have their way. :)

Forgot you and Durgan had custom rides. Horses in this game have traditionally been thought of as those public bikes, and scooters you find all over the sidewalk in some cities these days. ;) Serena's horse wouldn't fall at that point so if you still want her to be on his back (sans damage and use of lay on hands) you can. In fact, you might consider using some healing on Serena's steed.

The boulder rumbles down the hill and plunges through the pit covering down into a 20-foot deep hole in the earth, nearly taking Durgan's hose with it.

Zokon snaps off two quick shots as the nearest kobold, finding the gaps in the kobold's armor and leaving them prone in the grass. This of course gets the attention of every kobold he can see on the hill.

Inspire courage (Posh) An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Began round 1.

Wounded animals are usually harder to handle.

Round 1! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet
__ Kobolds! A lot of them.
__ Serena
(double checking actions)
__ Posh
__ Victoria

__ Durgan
__ Zokon
__ Alia

__ Erevenywg
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Serena's mount -16 hp, Durgan's mount -11 hp, lt blue kobold down.

Map updated.

Dice:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Scarlet:
The kids do indeed seem to be kids--kids you've met (at the Spring Flower Festival)--they some of Byron's younger siblings. They are gagged as well preventing them from calling a warning.

Durgan and Serena:
There is another pit trap (with the same dimensions) right next to you both. It takes of an area starting in the space immediately between Serena and Durgan and extending two spaces north and two spaces east.
Durgan, there don't seem to be any other huge boulders cued up on the ridge, though you might notice that there is now a boulder that appeared to be a permanent map feature missing from the hill.

Zokon:
Zokon (a professor emeritus from Kobold University) remembers these green kobold's from various battles before. With a knowledge (dungeoneering or local) DC 12 check he might be able to identify the black pair at the top of the hill.


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp

Mikmek looks about in confusion at being left behind astride a huge beast, and now seemingly trapped behind walls of iron.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet has many questions, but first thing's first: ending this ambush.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena mutters a quick prayer of healing and touches Alphonsus on the head. Swap domain spell for cure light wounds on horse. She dismounts and glares at the kobolds breaking cover from the forest and growls, "Come on then! Meet your fate!" She readies an attack to strike at any that take her up on the offer.

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena mutters a quick prayer of healing and touches Alphonsus on the head. Swap domain spell for cure light wounds on horse.

Domain spells are the only spells clerics specifically can't swap out. Those gods are really serious about their portfolios.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Whoops! She'll lose detect undead, instead.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

We are under attack...again...
Seeing arrows rain down and giant boulders spring into action, Alia rounds the stone she was using for cover, heading for the first enemy she sees, stabbing at her target.
When she sees it's another Kobold, she almost sighs:"How many of you do we need to slay before you give up?"
It was, of course, a rhetoric question with a larger scale of things in mind, but it also had merit on the smaller scale of their current battlefield.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Damage: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10 Nonlethal Cold: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Spellstrike Frostbite, swift arcane pool weapon, targetting dark red next to me.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Finally having access to a computer, Victoria starts to react
can she just do a spellcraft check to recognize what Illithir was casting so she would know it was an illusion spell and not real? here's hoping
spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Where the devil did she get... ahh, it's an illusion spell. I would be very impressed if she were THAT powerful.
Rather calmly, all things considered, she lifts up her crossbow and loads a bolt. Her fox growls at the kobolds, but she shushes him. "Hush, dear. You'll scare the horses."
if possible, she'll try to get off a shot at one of the blues ahead of Zokon. They're in range, it's just a matter of angle and such.
xbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 dam: 1d8 ⇒ 5


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Victoria Velasco wrote:

Finally having access to a computer, Victoria starts to react

can she just do a spellcraft check to recognize what Illithir was casting so she would know it was an illusion spell and not real? here's hoping
Where the devil did she get... ahh, it's an illusion spell. I would be very impressed if she were THAT powerful.
Rather calmly, all things considered, she lifts up her crossbow and loads a bolt. Her fox growls at the kobolds, but she shushes him. "Hush, dear. You'll scare the horses."
if possible, she'll try to get off a shot at one of the blues ahead of Zokon. They're in range, it's just a matter of angle and such.
[dice=xbow]1d20 +6 [dice=dam]1d8

You still need a save to be able to see through the illusory wall. Victoria can hit targets on the ridge that are standing near the edge.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

That she can see of course.

Lady Vic v illusion (informed): 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 4 = 24

The illusion of the wall looks like transparent wire-frame too Victoria's eyes giving her clear view of some of their attackers. She snap off a short but the kobold warrior's beetle chitin klar deflects the bolt.

Alia stabs the nearest archer turning him into a frost-covered kobold. The creature shivers, but still stands.


Erevenywg reaches out and touches a bit of the "wall" with one delicate hand.

1d20 + 5 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 + 4 = 26

"Ooooo. It is like the box seats at the Hippodrome."

dice:
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

There is a general murmur of surprise among the other animals and beasts trapped within the conjured iron walls.
The hostages wiggle about and try to shout through their gags.

Inspire courage (Posh) An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Began round 1.

Wounded animals are usually harder to handle.

Round 1! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Kobolds! A lot of them.
__ Serena
__ Posh
__ Victoria
__ Durgan
__ Zokon
__ Alia
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet

__ Erevenywg
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Serena's mount -8 hp, Durgan's mount -11 hp, lt blue kobold down. dk red -10 hp, 5 nl, fatigued

Map updated


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet double moves right up to a kobold. "Kidnappin' kids just to lay a trap? And what did ya do to their parents?" Her swords gleam. "Oh, I'm gonna enjoy this."


Status: Blessed, Inspired Rage | Hp 11/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir smiles apologetically to the others inside her iron walls. She *hoped* that they'd realize they weren't real - but she could hardly shout out that fact. What if some of these evil kobolds knew common? Ah and just maintaining the spell demanded much of her concentration!

Concentrating on Spell. Hoping to give the squishes shelter for one round at least!


dice:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Upon the hill, one of the black-scaled kobolds (white dotted) throws its hands in the air and cries "Hoch teH DIr DechtaHvIS Dun Ilthuliak!" He then drops into the tall grass. Prone, 20% Concealment.

Draconic:
"Mighty Ilthuliak, blesses all the True Scales!"

Likewise, the other kobolds on the hilltop take cover behind a boulder and hold up their shields Blue and Dark Blue gain cover from the boulder, both ready an action or drop as well. Black dots, Purple and Pink: prone, 20% concealment.

The other black kobold reaches out a hand and with a word of magic sends a dart of sizzling acidic goo hurtling toward Durgan.

Vexset (white dots) v Durgan (ranged touch, inspired): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14 damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

The acid works its way through his armor and continues to burn.

The kobolds in the forest take heart at the sound of the oratory and press the attack with redoubled fervor.

Alia of the Blade wrote:

When she sees it's another Kobold, she almost sighs:"How many of you do we need to slay before you give up?"

It was, of course, a rhetoric question with a larger scale of things in mind, but it also had merit on the smaller scale of their current battlefield.

"nuq?" says one green kobold in confusion.

"'e' YAP-YAP qej 'oH 'e' vIHar." barks out another.

"majQa'." says the first.

Draconic:
"What?" says one kobold in confusion.

"I think it's meant to be rhetorical." barks out another.

"Oh." says the first.

The (dark red) kobold-cicle withdraws behind a boulder.

His partner fires at Alia.
Bloodbeetle XVI (lt red) bow v Alia (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 19 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 4

A trio of of warriors with spears and giant beetle chitin shields rush in to attack the elf. Two of them charge straight at her while the other slinks around behind to cut off her escape.

Rimeshell XIV (white) shortspear v Alia (inspired, Charge!): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 27 damage: 1d4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 + 1 = 3

Steelhide XI (grey) shortspear v Alia (inspired, Charge!): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 14 damage: 1d4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4

One of the determine little warriors makes contact with his spear!

The remaining kobolds in the wood turn their fire upon Serena and Scarlet, with the one Scarlet moved up to stepping back and shooting at point blank range.

Mossbrow XXIV (green) bow v Scarlet (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 17 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 2

Pumpkinhelm XII (orange) bow v Serena (inspired): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 + 1 = 6

Gilttooth XX (yellow) bow v Serena (inspired): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 1 = 1

But the barrage only clatters off the two women's armor. The kobold archers look a bit sheepish.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Inspire courage (Posh) An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Began round 1.

Wounded animals are usually harder to handle.

Round 2! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Kobolds! A lot of them! (blue, dk blue readied)
__ Serena
__ Posh
__ Victoria
__ Durgan
-6 hp, continuous damage
__ Zokon
__ Alia
-3 hp
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet
__ Erevenywg
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Serena's mount -8 hp, Durgan's mount -11 hp, lt blue kobold down. dk red -10 hp, 5 nl, fatigued

Map updated


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon sees and hears what the leader on the hill says and thus focuses on him, he uses studied target on the kobold leader.. white dots and fires a deadly aimed arrow at him

Longbow-rf-da+IC+st: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 24/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

Durgan tries to power through the ongoing damage to cast Resist Energy (Acid).
Concentration 10+ 1/2 continuing damage + spell level = DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Now effectively immune to the acid, he ignores the kobold and works to free the captives.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena advances on the archers, moving as quickly as her armor will permit. She hurls a firebolt at one of the kobolds (red).

Firebolt vs. red kobold: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 (ranged touch) Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (ranged touch) Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Wow. Just... wow.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Victoria doesn't have much to help with a long range kind of battle. She reloads her crossbow and takes aim at the spellcaster kobold (if she can see him... if not, just pick one she can see. She's past the first range increment so she's -2 to hit)
xbow: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 2 = 23 dam: 1d8 ⇒ 5
crit?: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 = 22 dam: 1d8 ⇒ 3
whoa!


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Serena, that's a crit. Roll to confirm.

"Oi, come on! Yer not even tryin'!" Scarlet parries the arrow.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia focuses on the Kobold bravely - but foolishly - attempting to cut off her escape. It would not do to get surrounded.

Attack(Black): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 Damage: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3) + 5 = 11 Nonlethal Cold: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Stabbing at him once, she returns her attention to the majority of enemies still in front of her.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Kn dungeoneering/Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Leafcutters! We've fought them before, quite tough. I'm not sure who their leaders are though." he shouts


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Zokon Santyev wrote:
Zokon sees and hears what the leader on the hill says and thus focuses on him, he uses studied target on the kobold leader.. white dots and fires a deadly aimed arrow at him

The arrow zips over the kobolds head. It sticks out it's tongue and blows raspberries at Zokon in response.

Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena advances on the archers, moving as quickly as her armor will permit. She hurls a firebolt at one of the kobolds (red).

Serena abrades the beetle-shelled archer with her fire.

Victoria Velasco wrote:
Victoria doesn't have much to help with a long range kind of battle. She reloads her crossbow and takes aim at the spellcaster kobold (if she can see him... if not, just pick one she can see. She's past the first range increment so she's -2 to hit)

She's also at -4 because the kobold is prone, and...

20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 77

Despite everything, Victoria scores a hit on the sorcerer. The kobold shrieks a curse, and begins gabbling to the nearby leafcutter kobolds.

"VON CHU'WI'!" shouts the black kobold indignantly.

Draconic:
"TRIGGER THE TRAP!'"

Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Scarlet parries the arrow.

**TWANG!**

Alia of the Blade wrote:

Alia focuses on the Kobold bravely - but foolishly - attempting to cut off her escape. It would not do to get surrounded.

Stabbing at him once, she returns her attention to the majority of enemies still in front of her.

The kobold at Alia's flank goes suddenly rigid and falls stiffly on its side.

More after work!


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon yells out "He just said trigger the trap.. watch out!."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

The kobolds behind the rock in front of Zokon tug on a rope pulling out a wood jam holding the huge boulder at the top of the hill in place. It slowly begins rolling down the trail toward Zokon picking up speed.

The wounded black kobold rubs it little claws together in anticipation.

Poshbot, annoyed that he can't see, stretches out a hand and touches the iron wall.

will save: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 4 = 18

"Better." he says with some satisfaction. Then his eyes grow wide, and he shrieks at the sight of the cottage-sized boulder rolling down the trail right for them!


"Ooo!" says Erevenywg pointing at the boulder through the illusion.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

The half frozen archer (dark red) draws a vial from their belt, and downs its contents. The kobold seems much better.

dice:
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 5) + 3 = 16

The archers concentrate on Scarlet and Serena.

Bloodbeetle XVI (lt red) bow v Serena (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 11 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 5

Pumpkinhelm XII (orange) bow v Serena (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 14 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 2

Gilttooth XX (yellow) bow v Serena (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 28 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Mossbrow XXIV (green) bow v Scarlet (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 28 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 7

A few of the arrows get through this time.

The kobold spearmen continue to harass Alia.

Rimeshell XIV (white) shortspear v Alia (inspired): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18 damage: 1d4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4

Steelhide XI (grey) shortspear v Alia (inspired): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10 damage: 1d4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 = 2

The two kobolds who triggered the boulder come rushing down the hill behind the rock.

The kobold who had showered Durgan with acid looks at her fingers in as if to try and figure out why he's not still burning. Perplexed she fires another bolt vaguely in the direction of his horse instead, but misses.

White Dotted v Durgan's steed (range touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 acid damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Next to the sorcerer the other black kobold holds aloft a bit of black scrap like huge lizard scale and calls "MajQa' jatlh grr YAP YAP nuv'e' mu' ngaQ Hurgh wamwI' teH-teH-'Iw!"

Draconic:
"Oh Dark Hunter of True-True-Bloods, seal away the blasphemies of those who speak against your terrible greatness."

And suddenly, Durgan is struck deaf! Though not directly....

The two green kobolds with them swap their spears for bows.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Inspire courage (Posh) An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Began round 1.

Wounded animals are usually harder to handle.

Round 3! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Kobolds! A lot of them!
__ Serena
-3 hp
__ Posh
__ Victoria
__ Durgan
-6 hp
__ Zokon
__ Alia
-3 hp
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet
-7 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Did I mention THE BOULDER!?!
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Serena's mount -8 hp; Durgan's mount -11 hp; lt blue kobold down; black kobold down; red kobold -2 hp; white-dot kobold -8

Map updated


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena closes the distance between her and the yellow kobold, swinging her scimitar as she comes.

Scimitar vs. Yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Confirm Crit?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 +2 fire

Cripes! I can't catch a break!


"Illthir, can you see what's going on? Why is Posh pointing like that?" says the youth indicating the seemingly paralyzed gnome next to them.

Posh continues speaking, but his mouth seems to be on automatic. On the saddle next to Posh, Erevenywg who seems to be looking in the same direction as Posh is having the exact opposite reaction. Instead of paralyzing fear she seems to be excited and enjoying herself.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet sighs then begins fighting the green-tinted kobold in front of her.

Cold Iron Masterwork Longsword, TWF: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Masterwork Shortsword, Bloodrage, TWF: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Victoria makes a small 'eek' sound as she realizes the boulder is rolling toward the main group. "Illithir, Posh, Mikmek! Move your horses now!" She hopes Zokon is able to move to one side.
if she's able to grab the lead off Posh/Erevenywg's horse and start pulling, she will.
"Come on, come on, this way!"


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 24/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

If that black kobold cast Silence, it has a one round casting time. So it wouldn't take effect until just before the kobold's next turn. What Durgan does will depend on clarification there. Durgan doesn't have the Spellcraft to identify the spell, however.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Scarlet connects with her opponent once with her longsword.

Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
If that black kobold cast Silence, it has a one round casting time. So it wouldn't take effect until just before the kobold's next turn. What Durgan does will depend on clarification there. Durgan doesn't have the Spellcraft to identify the spell, however.

Oops! So many damn rules. Silence does not kick in just yet.

Victoria Velasco wrote:

if she's able to grab the lead off Posh/Erevenywg's horse and start pulling, she will.

"Come on, come on, this way!"

You can! It is a move action to manipulate an object you can reach and no one is likely to resist. Most people (NPCs mostly) didn't move because they don't see the boulder (though Posh can now and has actions available).


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia turns her attention to the other spear-wielding Goblin trying to flank around. Stepping away to avoid being flanked by the two focusing on her while dodging their attacks, her own stab only serves to force them into keeping some distance.

Attack(Grey): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Damage: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 = 12 Nonlethal Cold: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 24/46 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 CMD 20 (24 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +5 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Haste

"Another pit!"
Durgan points out the second pit.
He says to the children, "I'll get you out of here."
If he can safely cut the ropes with his axe, he will. If not, he draws his Any-Tool and forms it into scissors to cut the ropes.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon takes a few steps to his left to get out of the way of the boulder to the edge of the cliff

He then takes a deadly aimed shot at dark blue

Longbow-da+IC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

He will then "try" to draw his Rapier or spring loaded dagger after moving the bow to his off hand


Status: Blessed, Inspired Rage | Hp 11/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Don't worry, you'll notice soon enough!" Illthir swallows a snort and turns it into a cough. I'm sounding like my mother... She stares at the rolling rock for a few moments before dropping her illusion - unless it was a particularly weird rock it probably wouldn't care. "Hold on tight!"

Ride: Guide with knees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

The skald steered her horse to the south and grabbed the reins to Mikmeks mount as well. Then she turned towards the slope and headed further south-east, trying to both move out of the boulders path and up the hill. This wasn't quite how she had imagined a cavalry charge to be but if she could get close enough she could finish with a sprint next turn. She gathered courage with a war shout and song. On-wards to glory! Soon!

Move to grab reins, standard to start performance and free to direct horse. Would like to end up somewhere up the slope where it doesn't look like there will soon be a rolling rock but close enough that Illthir with a bit of luck can fast dismount and charge next turn!

10,151 to 10,200 of 11,324 << first < prev | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.