Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


10,251 to 10,300 of 11,368 << first < prev | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | next > last >>

F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Victoria rides back fairly quickly, and offers her apologies for not being able to keep up with Sneeg. "I'm sorry, this just isn't my forte," she says, silently cursing his horse for resisting her hex. She catches most of what the little kobold is saying, though she's not entirely sure of the context. "Can someone fill me in on who the 'false scale smooth ones' are?"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

(False Scale) = Artificially Armored--like with a breastplate, or mail armor; (Smooth Ones) = Most non-reptilian races. Most look so alike to Kobold eyes as to not warrant further differentiation.

Not everyone speaks Draconic, so let us know if your character plans on translating.


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Counting one less Sneeg then there were supposed to be, not that she really wanted him around, Illthir winced and turned her horse around. That one couldn't be allowed to run around free. "Someone come with me - we'll catch up later. Can't let him get too far away! Right?"


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

Durgan does not speak Draconic and doesn't know the party's backstory with the kobolds. Somebody should probably translate and explain. He would like to kill them all, if not for the fact that the sorcerer's Acid Arrows could probably kill one of the kids and he doesn't have any more Resist Energy spells.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon gladly translates

He also asks MikMek

Draconic:
"So who is the leader that is making the kobolds attack the smooth skins?"[/b]
"I'm asking who's commanding them to attack Olegs."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Wait Durgan. Kobolds are... confusing. Some of them here are our allies." Scarlet heads over to the Benzen children. "You kids okay? How are your parents?"


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp
Zokon Santyev wrote:

Zokon gladly translates

He also asks MikMek ** spoiler omitted ** "I'm asking who's commanding them to attack Olegs."

Mikmek barks his reply.

Draconic:
"All chiefs! Or lots of them anyway. Merlokrep, chief of the Truescales, most of all. Chief Sootscale call moot, but Merlokrep call for attack. Merlokrep say now is time to 'show Smooth Ones who no wear pants!'"


Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"Wait Durgan. Kobolds are... confusing. Some of them here are our allies." Scarlet heads over to the Benzen children. "You kids okay? How are your parents?"

"Our mom's been dead for a while, and dad lost his leg to a giant pig last Summer." says Hansel the little boy, obviously excited by the sudden rescue.

His twin Leta elbows him in the arm, and tells him "You shouldn't brag when people just rescued you."

Their older sister, Miriam seems not to notice Scarlet's question. She's looking past her, and at Zokon with a queer sort of expression. "He even speaks kobold." she says out loud to herself.

Byron, the eldest, comes into view and others with sudden recognition rush off to greet their long lost older brother. There follows a long happy reunion with many questions including Hansel asking Byron "Didja kill anyone?"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Illthir Winlowe wrote:
Counting one less Sneeg then there were supposed to be, not that she really wanted him around, Illthir winced and turned her horse around. That one couldn't be allowed to run around free. "Someone come with me - we'll catch up later. Can't let him get too far away! Right?"

Just waiting to see if there are any takers. Evening is coming on soon.


"Chay'pen 'Iv Hoch ghu'vam Say'!?" barks one of the kobolds of the pit with the boulder at the bottom of it.

Draconic:
"Who's going to clean all this up!?"


Mikmek, Sootscale Hero wrote:
Zokon Santyev wrote:

Zokon gladly translates

He also asks MikMek ** spoiler omitted ** "I'm asking who's commanding them to attack Olegs."

Mikmek barks his reply.

The more heavily armored black kobold (whited dots) listens for a moment before interjecting.

"'TeHghISDen?'" the Kobold practically spits the word. "wej 'teH'. DuD tuq."

Draconic:
"'Truescales?'" the Kobold practically spits the word. "Not 'True'. Mongrel tribe."

This kobold wears a wooden breastplate burned an appropriately ashen black. It is crudely carved with eyes to resemble some leering monster or demon's head. He wears fetish amulets and chars around his neck and arms carries a small, bent morningstar.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena, not able to follow the conversation, is extremely confused by what is going on. She sheathes her scimitar and returns to her horse, laying on hands.

Heal horse: 1d6 ⇒ 2


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Quick reminder, Zokon is handling translation. There of course still might be questions given the Kobold's questionable usage of the Draconic Tongue. Feel free to ask questions.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet looks at Byron dead in the eye. "Your family needs you here, not with the camp."

Scarlet sighs. "So they want to claim the land, is it? I thought we had an agreement with 'em. We need to get there to stop whatever's going on there."

When she sees Illthir trying to catch up to Sneeg, Scarlet snorts. "Oh, leave the old man to die. If he tries to return to the camp, Akiros is gonna run him through. Besides, I'm not gonna let anyone get hurt at Oleg's. Never again."


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
Scarlet Scarab wrote:

Scarlet looks at Byron dead in the eye. "Your family needs you here, not with the camp."

Scarlet sighs. "So they want to claim the land, is it? I thought we had an agreement with 'em. We need to get there to stop whatever's going on there."

When she sees Illthir trying to catch up to Sneeg, Scarlet snorts. "Oh, leave the old man to die. If he tries to return to the camp, Akiros is gonna run him through. Besides, I'm not gonna let anyone get hurt at Oleg's. Never again."

Posh nods heavily in agreement, thinking back to the loss of Oleg.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"Hu, where's Sneeg?", Alia asks after returning to the others and having made sure her companions are ok. "For F%%%'s sake, why does this keep happening. If we catch him again, I'll break his legs and blindfold him.", she keeps cursing a bit, then points at the Kobolds she downed:<Draconic>"Those are probably fine, just out cold. May want to check on them to make sure, though."</Draconic>

Turning to Mikmek, she joins the conversation: (Not spoilering since she will gladly translate if needed)
<Draconic>"If Merlokrep goes through with his attack, there will be terrible consequences. An army of Swordlords, Knights, and countless trained soldiers will come here, and cleanse these lands of all scaled ones. Even united you will not have the might to stand against them. Both sides only stand to lose. Chief Sootscale is wise - there must be a parley."</Draconic>


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp

Mikmek reacts to Alia's words.


Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Scarlet looks at Byron dead in the eye. "Your family needs you here, not with the camp."

"I wasn't planning on going anywhere but home with Miriam and the twins if I can get them their safe that is. Miriam says that when they were kidnapped that Hal was with them, but that he got away."

Halford ("Hal") is another of Byron's nine younger siblings, and arguably the bravest (or most foolhardy). He's about 12 and mostlikely to grow up, and gain levels one of the martial classes.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

So with a few votes in for Oleg's the question is do you press on through the evening--and the kobold lines to the fort (you have at least one kobold with you so there is that), or wait until morning for your chance? Again you have a lot of kobolds around (to guard or bushwhack you) if you stay. Or is there something else you want to do?

By the map and with horses you are about an hour or two forced march away from the outpost--assuming nothing interferes with the journey.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Sneeg is not that far away, Zokon can go after him yes?

I'll chase sneeg, he's only been gone a few minutes. Alia can translate"

If it's good he runs to his horse and chases leaving in the direction Sneeg went


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Zokon Santyev wrote:

Sneeg is not that far away, Zokon can go after him yes?

I'll chase sneeg, he's only been gone a few minutes. Alia can translate"

Alia translates:

"Well, this idiot kobold said something so stupid that I'm not even going to bother repeating. And that one? Heh. I wasn't even listening to her."

Zokon Santyev wrote:
If it's good he runs to his horse and chases leaving in the direction Sneeg went

Sure. At this point Sneeg's been gone for a few minutes. Is Illthir still going? Anyone else? Is everyone else bedding down, heading on to Oleg's, or something else?


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Hey, give me SOME credit. At least they are not Fey! Of course they are an inferior species, but then, who isn't compared to the majesty of Elves.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

"This Sneeg could have learned enough to cause problems for us. I will follow him with Zokon. I have spells and channeling to heal our mounts from the exertion of a forced march, so I think we should try to get to the Outpost tonight."


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

"I think this outpost sounds like a nice safe place to sleep if it's not too far." She has nothing against kobolds, per se, but these seem to be barely in accordance with each other, and she's not sure she'd trust them to 'guard' their rest.
if Zokon leaves, she will point him in the direction Sneeg fled


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Alright, so Alia weighs the options, Illthir (I'm guessing here), Durgan, and Zokon set off in pursuit of Sneeg, while Posh, Scarlet, Serena, and Victoria are pushing on to the outpost, right?

The group splits up to (nominally) cover more ground.

Before he leaves with the group pressing on to the outpost Mikmek introduces Alia to the two black kobolds seemingly in charge of the ambush, the wooden-armored male Chatchit, and the magical-blooded female Vexset the Chosen.

The Byron and his younger siblings remain behind with Alia at the ambush site, while Evevenywg rides on with Posh.

Mikmek mounts up with Scarlet if afforded the chance to pick his mount.

Those involved in the hunt for Sneeg will need to make a pair of Survival checks to follow Sneeg's trail.


"VaSvo', taj-teS wa', nob qech van Dun ilthuliac, chal ta'be' Daqelpu''a'?" says Chatchit to Alia as her companions ride off.

Draconic:
"Hideous, Knife-Eared One, have you ever considered offering yourself in tribute to Great Ilthuliac, Sovereign of the Skies?"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

"IF YOU SEE HAL, LET HIM KNOW WE'RE SAFE!" shouts Miriam as the groups depart.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Tracking Survival + half lvl: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Tracking Survival + half lvl: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

"Ok I shall," he shouts back to Miriam


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

Durgan tries to assist Zokon in tracking.
Survival Aid #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Survival Aid #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Zokon Santyev wrote:
"Ok I shall," he shouts back to Miriam

"He is so gallant." gushes Miriam.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Meanwhile, the other team moves off toward outpost.

dice:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Posh's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Scarlet's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Serena's Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Victoria's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

As they move along, Scarlet and Victoia note some movement in the tall grasses to the north of their trail.

At about the same time, a few miles away, Zokon leads another group through some low rolling hills to the south. Working quickly because it will be dark soon, Zokon notes the sudden southerly turn the bandit took no doubt hoping to throw off pursuit. The path leads to a small stream with a short waterfall.

Current lighting conditions are dim. It has been about 25 minutes since the end of the last fight.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

Have we even caught sight of him over open ground at any point? He didn't have that much of a head start.

Durgan does not have Light prepared, but Illthir has Dancing Lights (if she is with us). And both she and Zokon have multiple Sunrods, which give much better light than the cantrips do. As Alia pointed out, we really don't care if Sneeg knows where we are, but he needs light to direct his horse by. That should let us move faster and close the gap - while his horse might have low-light vision, he does not, so he could be directing it into a thicket soon enough.

Durgan listens for any sound of hooves across or down the stream, or any shouts of alarm from Sneeg.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

If he doesn't hear anything, he will suggest crossing the stream and looking to pick up the track on the other side.

In addition to Aid Another, he will also cast Guidance on Zokon as the human attempts to find tracks.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |
GM wrote:
As they move along, Scarlet and Victoia note some movement in the tall grasses to the north of their trail.

Scarlet hops off the horse and motions Mikmek to keep quiet. She lights a torch, hoping to draw attention to her and away from her allies.

And if that didn't do it...

"Oi! Show yourself!"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:

Have we even caught sight of him over open ground at any point? He didn't have that much of a head start.

Off and on yes you have. Each time drawing closer, but he and his horse have been out of sight for the last few minutes.

There's nothing to hear above the noise of the stream. The base of the fall offers what looks like a ford.

Map update 1!


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
GM wrote:
As they move along, Scarlet and Victoia note some movement in the tall grasses to the north of their trail.
Scarlet hops off the horse and motions Mikmek to keep quiet. She lights a torch, hoping to draw attention to her and away from her allies.

Mikmek looks vaguely insulted at the idea that somehow he is making more noise than any of the big Smooth Ones. From his seat in the saddle, he crosses his arms and looks away in a huff.

Scarlet Scarab wrote:

And if that didn't do it...

"Oi! Show yourself!"

Suddenly five or six dozen kobolds appear from the grass or from behind trees or tall stones all around the party. In the light of her torch Scarlet can see that they are of a multitude of colors, and modes of dress. All seem armed and ready for battle. More than a few of the closer ones growl like angered territorial terriers.

Map update 2!


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon will crack a sunrod and then start riding across the ford, looking for potential points of crossing back out of the river.

Tracking: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Quick Note Victoria's phony pony is about to expire.


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir (who had indeed joined the hunting party despite being uncharacteristically quiet :P) lit her bull's eye lantern and swept it around. Felt more appropriate then a sunrod. Now we have some sweeping searchlights^^ Where would he go? She tried to put herself into his state of mind. I'm a slimey bandit looking to flee justice - what would I do? After running away of course...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Illthir Winlowe wrote:
Illthir (who had indeed joined the hunting party despite being uncharacteristically quiet :P) lit her bull's eye lantern and swept it around. Felt more appropriate then a sunrod. Now we have some sweeping searchlights^^ Where would he go? She tried to put herself into his state of mind. I'm a slimey bandit looking to flee justice - what would I do? After running away of course...
Zokon Santyev wrote:
Zokon will crack a sunrod and then start riding across the ford, looking for potential points of crossing back out of the river.

The party's light shines upon a the opposite bank. What at first appeared to be rocks, gravel and bleached drift wood turns out to be bone. The whole shore is strewn several yards in with the skeletons of boars, deer, bears, and a few humans. The field of bones continues out past the party's light and range of vision.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Not sure if I can fight these many kobolds...

RPGGGM wrote:

Suddenly five or six dozen kobolds appear from the grass or from behind trees or tall stones all around the party. In the light of her torch Scarlet can see that they are of a multitude of colors, and modes of dress. All seem armed and ready for battle. More than a few of the closer ones growl like angered territorial terriers.

Map update 2!

"What's going on here, then?" Scarlet keeps screaming to keep their attention focused on her. "Looks like you're going to war."

Suddenly she pauses. I don't understand what they are saying... "Er, Mikmek, can you calm them down? At least explain to them raiding the Outpost is a bad idea?" She turns to her allies. "Anyone knows what they are doing?"

The language barrier is strong and Zokon (who knows Draconic) and Durgan (who can prepare spells) are both hunting Sneeg. Posh? Victoria? Serena? Bueller?


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

"Let's stay on this side of the river for now. I think he's trying to lure us to a predator's lair. He may have backtracked or gone parallel to the stream. Maybe under the waterfall?"

Durgan looks back on the side the party started on, trying to find tracks that indicate Sneeg doubled back or changed direction at the stream's edge.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Victoria was getting ready to dismount her 'horse' when the kobolds came forth. She sighed wondering how many more times they would have to go through this. She clears her throat and shouts in draconic:

Draconic:
"Hold, scaled ones. What tribe do you hail from? We wish to be friends, but know that if you mean us harm, we will not go down without a fight."

intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
everything sounds scary in draconic
She makes a mental note to try to improve her ability to recognize members of the different tribes.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Victoria Velasco wrote:

Victoria was getting ready to dismount her 'horse' when the kobolds came forth. She sighed wondering how many more times they would have to go through this. She clears her throat and shouts in draconic:

everything sounds scary in draconic
She makes a mental note to try to improve her ability to recognize members of the different tribes.

The nearest kobold warrior cries "YIPE!" and rushes off into the grass. The others watch him run off, but then draw closer with weapons raised.

Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Not sure if I can fight these many kobolds...

From behind the ruins of a wagon step a group of a dozen or so impressively attired kobolds, no doubt the chiefs of the local kobold tribes. Each of these tribes according to Zokon can number into the tens! (No, I didn't forget to add anything to that last sentence.) This group is a mix of colors predominately, green, black and red. Among them Scarlet makes out the impressive headdress of Chief Sootscale.


{Haughty reptilian glance}


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp

Mikmek tumbles off Scarlet's horse and crawls up to the feet of the chiefs.


A one-eyed, red, kobold chieftain with a small animal's skull set over the presumably empty socket steps forward and points at the party. "Dalegh tlhIH'a'?! Hab wa'! Hab wa' luqem!"

"'Ej wa' ngaj!" shouts another kobold from behind the party pointing at Posh.

"'EJ WA' NGAJ JE! MAHVAD MAGH SOOTSCALES! CHAH HOH! HOH!" shouts the red kobold to the assemblage, raising his small serrated battle axe over his head.

Draconic:
A one-eyed, red, kobold chieftain with a small animal's skull set over the presumably empty socket steps forward and points at the party. "You see?! Smooth Ones! They have brought Smooth Ones!"

"And a Garden One!" shouts another kobold from behind the party pointing at Posh.

"AND A GARDEN ONE TOO! THE SOOTSCALES HAVE BETRAYED US! KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL!" shouts the red kobold to the assemblage, raising his small serrated battle axe over his head.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:

"Let's stay on this side of the river for now. I think he's trying to lure us to a predator's lair. He may have backtracked or gone parallel to the stream. Maybe under the waterfall?"

Durgan looks back on the side the party started on, trying to find tracks that indicate Sneeg doubled back or changed direction at the stream's edge.

The tracks you find seem to lead toward the ford, without any indication they turned back.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 38/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield, Communal Resist Cold

Durgan sighs.
"To the predator's field of bones, then. Maybe it ate Sneeg already."

He channels to heal (both Durgan and his horse were a bit wounded, will catch anybody else if they were).
Channel 1 of 3: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
Durgan is full, horse is -3.
He uses a wand charge on the horse.
CLW, wand now at 39: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Horse is fine now.

Durgan casts Barkskin on himself.

Once across the stream, he begins looking for Sneeg's tracks again.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Status: Blessed | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Oh that's a sweet thought. He didn't have a light to attract it though - or see it ..." Illthir swallows hard and follows the dwarf.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet isn't sure what to make of it, but she does see Chief Sootscale. So she sheathes her sword, walks up to him and bends her knee.

If Victoria's right, we need to show we're under control here. That, or he orders me to do something. Ugh, I hate bowing down like this.

10,251 to 10,300 of 11,368 << first < prev | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.