Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


10,101 to 10,150 of 11,271 << first < prev | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | next > last >>

| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Oy. Will do. Can we keep the helmet, at least? Others will want to know the Stag Lord's dead, as well." Whether or not the creepy thing agrees, Scarlet is handing the body over.


Arcane Pool 3/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"Actually, not a bad way to dispose of him. Better than a unmarked grave in the middle of nowhere. This feels...more final.", Alia assists Scarlet as well as she is able to.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon tries to pat and calm Mikmek and extricate himself from his grip at the same time. "Yes we need the helmet to show all he is gone."


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp

grapple v Zokon: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Zokon easily escapes the kobold's grip.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Scarlet, and Alia approach the edge of the bridge? The river?: 1d2 ⇒ 1 bridge, and heave the body over the edge.

**SPLOOSH!**

There's flash, or a flicker, or perhaps it is just everyone's imagination, but whatever it was the mist is no longer there, the Stag Lord is gone, the presence of the thing that was Davik Nettles is not there, and a few colorless rays of sunlight pierce the cloud cover and bring a bit of light (if not warmth) to the world.

There is however a long, bladed gaff pole stuck in wood of bridge between Alia and Scarlet, like a sign post.

It is at about this point that Scarlet feels a weight lift from her.

The 'gaff' is a pole-arm weapon of the party's choice though it has sort of a 'fisherman's tool' look to it.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet takes a deep breath. "Oh, that feels good." She sits down and just takes deep breaths.

"I'm so much better now. Thank you. All of you." She takes a minute, then stands up and grabs the gaff. "I like to use two blades at once, so it's not for me. Someone else can handle this."

"Where to? The Trading Post? Brevory? We need proof the Stag Lord's gone, right?" She looks for the Stag Lord's helmet.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Huh. That was a bit anticlimactic ..." Illthir complains as the revenant didn't even cackle with mad joy. Maybe they actually didn't do that in real life? She carefully approached the bridge now that nothing evil seemed to be lurking about. "The Trading Post I think - we probably need to solve this whole 'war' thing ..."

Illthir do use a polehammer - that's not quite a gaff but she is flexible as to what is on the business end.

Is there anyone else interested in a reach weapon :D?

Also I'm going to assume the Stag Lord no longer has his helm, since that one is on our loot sheet. Hopefully :P


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena suppresses a shudder. This kind of thing rankled her very nature. Consorting with evil beings was not an action that the young paladin engaged in, no matter how beneficial the ultimate end. However, she remains quiet while the others do what needs to be done.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena suppresses a shudder. This kind of thing rankled her very nature. Consorting with evil beings was not an action that the young paladin engaged in, no matter how beneficial the ultimate end. However, she remains quiet while the others do what needs to be done.

Just wait, we are only just getting to--politics.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

"It's not a bribe! It's... courtly politics." - A paladin in one of my campaigns upon being accused of offering a bribe.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Illthir Winlowe wrote:
Also I'm going to assume the Stag Lord no longer has his helm, since that one is on our loot sheet. Hopefully :P

Yes, you have the helm, but like the kilt I'd recommend cleaning it. On that point, was Staggy wearing it, or just his loin cloth when you dunked him?


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

We removed the helmet before passing the body on.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield

"A necessary task completed. I would be happier if we could give Nettles a proper burial, but if his spirit has had its burden lifted, then he will be able to pass to the Great Beyond.
Yes, on to the Trading Post."


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Relieved to be free of freaky undead and kobold "Yes lets go." and he goes back to his horse and mounts up


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
We removed the helmet before passing the body on.

Did anyone want the kilt? It that sort of sword and sorcery magical armor that confers all if it's bonuses even though you can run around basically bare-chested. If no one wants it, it goes into the bank and is divided into everyone's account. If your character wants it its value comes out of your particular PC's portion of the haul.

Illthir Winlowe wrote:
Illthir do use a polehammer - that's not quite a gaff but she is flexible as to what is on the business end.

This weapon should be pointy (or slashy) on at least one end. It, like the kilt, can be left behind (at which point it fades from the campaign and reappears in your PCs bank accounts as virtual Bit-Gold™ that can show up as items you want in the next trove of treasure. So if you want it, now's your chance.

Assuming I have time--HA!--I'll try and sort out all this treasure stuff this weekend. There's still some last minute business to deal with before that.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

On the morning of the second day after the party's final parting with the Stag Lord the hills give way to the broad plains and tall grasses of the Kamelands. The group has been noticeably quieter during this leg of the journey the battles of the last few days and the events at Nettle's Crossing weighing upon some of them, that and the uncertain nature of what lies ahead at the outpost.

Regional Map Updated


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet just enjoys breathing the air without a horrible apparition trying to drown her every night. "So, what do we do at the Trading Post? Tell 'em the Stag Lord's dead, show the helmet? Is that enough to claim the area in his name? They were salivating over it like hungry wolves." She grunts.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Mm I would love me a cool bardiche (since, you know, Illthir is actually a skald :D). And since no-one has objected I'll go ahead and joink it!

"Mm. The weather is nice." Illthir looks up at the sky and skillfully dodges the question for a while.

Eventually though she feels compelled to think of something. "First, I suppose, we'll have to see what sort of horrors they have cooked up while we weren't watching. And then yeah - show not give - the helm. If we let them get their grubby mitts on it they'll claim the deed no doubt."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Scarlet just enjoys breathing the air without a horrible apparition trying to drown her every night. "So, what do we do at the Trading Post? Tell 'em the Stag Lord's dead, show the helmet? Is that enough to claim the area in his name? They were salivating over it like hungry wolves." She grunts.

Remember, no one has to 'claim the area'. Technically it belongs to Brevity (according to Brevoy anyway).


Arcane Pool 3/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |
RPGGGM wrote:
Remember, no one can 'claim the area'. Technically Telvurin belongs to Kyonin (according to Alia anyway).

Fixed that for you...

@Kilt: Armored Kilt increases the armor type, right? I'd rather make my own, eventually, of Mithril so it doesn't slow me down.
@Polearm/Illthir: Now's that chance to get Exotic Weapon Proficiency with Fauchards! I can keep you sorted starting next level...

"We should make sure to check in with Svetlana. Last she knew, we were pursuing her husbands murderer towards the Stag Lords Fort. Unfortunately, he escaped his just fate for the time being, but we'll get him. But aside from making sure she is holding up, I'd trust her word on what is going on more than anything these brevoyan nobles could make up."
With a glance at the Ranger nearby, she adds:"Current company excluded."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
RPGGGM wrote:
Remember, no one has to 'claim the area'. Technically it belongs to Brevity (according to Brevoy anyway).

Thanks Auto-Incorrect! Which, I have to say, you couldn't even do consistently incorrect. You. Are. A. Robot. Being consistent is your whole thing! Stupid new-fangled robots!


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Another day of travel sees the party make better time over more or less flat land. The outpost is within sight by the afternoon and about four hours away by the time early evening draws on and a decision must be made as to whether they should try pressing on into the night or take rest and continue on in the morning.

The party has been following a game trail for the last few hours through the tall green grasslands. Ahead lies a likely possible campsite. A clear bit of earth between a small bluff and a stand of trees.

In the clearing though three small swaddled figures can be seen. A girl (orange) and two younger children (or halflings perhaps (pink and yellow)). The trio seems to be sitting in a circle in the middle of the clearing. When they see the party approach instead of standing, waving or even shouting a welcome the three instead begin swaying, and bobbing like angry, rearing caterpillars.

Map Updated


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet hops off her horse. This can't be good. Have I seem them somewhere?

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

"Ah... hello there! Are you... ah..." She approaches carefully.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Uh that's not right is it?" Now Illthir usually didn't hang around much with children - but this seemed too dumb even for them. She carefully adjusted herself in the saddle, halted her trusty horse, and tried to make sense of the situation.

Sense Motive: Hunch: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Know:Children: 1d20 ⇒ 9 History, Engineering, Geography, Local, Nature & Nobility is +7, others +3. Might as well try :D


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield

"Hmmm... that's odd."
Durgan also has Knowledge (everything) - Religion +8, everything else +3.
Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Or not.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

kn:nature? arcana?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Victoria gazes at the curious behavior of the small figures. Not usually the way children behave. Unless they mean to send us a warning?


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon nods his head at Alia's earlier speaking point about Brevic nobles.

"We should check it out, just to make sure of no danger tot he outpost." and when they start swaying and bobbing Zokon will stay out of the camplight and have his bow out in case something happens


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Scarlet hops off her horse. This can't be good. Have I seem them somewhere?

Possibly... It is hard to tell because the lower parts of their faces are covered so that only their blonde hair is showing. Oh, and Scarlet doesn't have a horse (there aren't enough of them) and she's still faster than most people on foot. Perhaps with the aid of a migrating swallow she could get her hands on two-halves of a coconut, and simulate the noise of a horse galloping across the countryside.

Alia, Posh, Scarlet, Zokon if they move within 30' of the figures (automatically); and anyone else making a (let's call it) Wisdom check DC 10 +1 Difficulty per 10 feet of distance from the group:
The children--and that's what they, human children--the eldest being about 14 bear a striking resemblance to Byron. Those party members who visited the Benzen farm recognize them as Miriam the daughter with a crush on Zokon who gifted him with a hand-made healing kit, and her younger twin siblings Hansel and Leta (both about age 9 or 10).

Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"Ah... hello there! Are you... ah..." She approaches carefully.

The figures eyes grow wide and they begin waving their heads back and forth.

Illthir or anyone making a Sense Motive check (DC 20) - What's up with them?:
[i]AMBUSH![i]

Perception DC 12 (+1 Difficulty per 10 feet of distance from the group):
They are all evidentially bound, and anchored to the spot.

Zokon Santyev wrote:

Zokon nods his head at Alia's earlier speaking point about Brevic nobles.

"We should check it out, just to make sure of no danger tot he outpost." and when they start swaying and bobbing Zokon will stay out of the camplight and have his bow out in case something happens

No camp light. It is late afternoon/early evening. The sun is still up, but the shadows are long.

Did I mention the gorgeous New Map? ;)

What are folks doing?


Arcane Pool 3/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Ride(Fast Dismound DC 15): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"They are...bound? Why would human children be bound in the middle of..."
While talking, Alia's vision shifts to the treeline even as a shimmering field of force manifests hovering near her as she hops off her horse and approaches closer, taking cover behind one of the large rocks in the area.
"Something is not right here...Zokon, that Overhang blocks sight, maybe head up that small hill? Serena, can you check on the children?"


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

At 30 feet of the "children", Scarlet takes a closer look.

Wisdom: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Already failed the Perception check.

Scarlet's eyes bulge open and she reaches for her swords immediately. "Ambush!"


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Perception : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Zokon will jump off his horse and start running up the hill to a point of vantage.


"What's going on!?" calls Byron.


"Heh." sniggers Sneeg.


{Looks about expectantly.}


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Scarlet's eyes bulge open and she reaches for her swords immediately. "Ambush!"

At this point we drop into initiative rounds, but I will not be able to post until way later tonight. So get whatever reactions you want out of the way until then.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield

Wis, 40' so DC 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Durgan also listens to his intuition, coming to the same conclusion as Scarlet. Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
And he takes a look around. Perception DC 16: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Can we take actions? Or wait for initiative? Durgan would like to cast Shield and ride forward.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:

Durgan also listens to his intuition, coming to the same conclusion as Scarlet.

And he takes a look around.

Can we take actions? Or wait for initiative? Durgan would like to cast Shield and ride forward.

Since folks are already actually taking actions those who haven't can take a rounds worth of action.

Durgan:
The space immediately south of pink extending in a square shape west 10 feet and south 10 feet seems to encompass the area of a well-camouflaged 15-foot-square pit.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield

Durgan rides his horse towards the captives, then spots the pit trap and points it out.
"Look out!"
Put it where I think you indicated.

He uses his own actions to dismount (move) and cast Shield.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena spurs her mount forward, intent on striking down orange.

Scimitar vs. Orange: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 14 (+1 for higher-ground, +2 for charge)
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield

Serena, those are children who are prisoners. Tied up as bait to lure us into an ambush. And on top of that, there's a pit trap that I just pointed out.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:

Put it where I think you indicated.

Perfect.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"It's an ambush, be wary of attackers from anywhere, Serena oversee the people held captive as bait." shous Zokon if he can be heard


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Oops! Boy is my face red! Guess I should have actually tried to make those checks.

If the GM will permit me to alter my actions based on new information from my allies. If it is too late, I'll understand. It will suck, but I will understand.

Serena pulls up short of the pit, suddenly realizing that the captives are children, not sinister halflings or some such.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Let's do this: Serena the Impetuous charges forward as Durgan makes his pronouncement indicating a trap. Give me a Ride check (DC 12 she's charging after all) to stop short of the trap failure triggers the trap meaning horse and rider need to make reflex saves (I'll have to look up the DCs later) or fall in.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Fair enough!

Ride: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Lol good timing Serena..


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Serena's horse stops just short of the indicated trap. So does Serena.

Zokon hustles up the grassy hillside, while Alia makes for the trees.

As it turns out, Scarlet can have a horse because Victoria has been using mount the whole time. Here phony pony has an 8 hour duration with about half an hour left today. So new horse added to the map. Though dismounting from a hobby horse would have been funnier. ;)

Victoriabot scans the immediate area. "Are you sure? I don't see an ambush."

dice:
Alia's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Durgan's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Illthir's Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Posh's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Scarlet's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Serena's Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Victoria's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Zokon's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


"What's going on?" asks Byron of Illthir. From way in the back it is hard to see.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Round 1! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ ??? Readied!?!
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet
__ Posh
__ Serena
__ Victoria
__ Durgan
__ Zokon
__ Alia

__ Erevenywg
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Map updated.


"Is this not what is called 'the exciting!?'" Erevenywg asks Posh. The fey woman is practically vibrating with excitement.

10,101 to 10,150 of 11,271 << first < prev | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.