Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


10,201 to 10,250 of 11,271 << first < prev | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | next > last >>

Erevenywg watches with interest as the rumbling boulder approaches her, Posh and their mount with mounting speed.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Zokon's arrow catches the kobold a solid blow in the flank. Momentum seems to carry him on though. Meanwhile, Alia continues to duel with her attackers.

As the illusion fades the party members previously ignorant of the approaching boulder gasp in surprise.

Inspire courage (Posh) An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Began round 1.

Wounded animals are usually harder to handle.

Round 3! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Kobolds! A lot of them!
__ Serena-3 hp
__ Posh
__ Victoria

__ Durgan -6 hp
__ Zokon
__ Alia -3 hp
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet -7 hp
__ Erevenywg ready!
__ No really. Did I mention THE BOULDER!?!
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Serena's mount -8 hp; Durgan's mount -11 hp; lt blue kobold down; black kobold down; red kobold -2 hp; dk blue kobold -14 hp; white-dot kobold -8

Map updated


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

At the last second, Victoria pulls the Posh and Erevenywg horse out of the way.

The boulder rolls down the incline slamming into another boulder with a tremendous **CRACK!**


Illthir Winlowe wrote:
"Don't worry, you'll notice soon enough!" Illthir swallows a snort and turns it into a cough. I'm sounding like my mother... She stares at the rolling rock for a few moments before dropping her illusion -

"Wha-?!? Heh."

ride: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Taking advantage of the chaos, Sneeg kicks his mount's flanks, wheel's her around, and away from the fight. "HAWHAWHAW!"


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp

ride: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Mikmek does likewise but in the opposite direction. The little kobold warrior throws his tiny arms around his horse's neck and holds on as the beast rockets up the hill. Does Illthir let them go, go with them (probably grass surfing), or attempt to grapple the horse by the reins?

"MEV! MEV!" Mikmek shrieks.

Panicked Draconic:
"STOP! STOP!"


"HEY! That's my Merriam and the twins down there!"


The archers again concentrate on Scarlet and Serena.

Bloodbeetle XVI (lt red) bow v Serena (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 25 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

Pumpkinhelm XII (orange) bow v Serena (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 11 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 2

Gilttooth XX (yellow) bow v Serena (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 12 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 2

Rustshell XXI (dk red) bow v Scarlet (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 25 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Mossbrow XXIV (green) bow v Scarlet (inspired, point blank shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 20 damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 + 1 + 1 = 7

A few more small arrows connect.

The kobold spearmen continue to harass Alia.

Rimeshell XIV (white) shortspear v Alia (inspired): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16 damage: 1d4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 1 = 1

Steelhide XI (grey) shortspear v Alia (inspired): 1d20 + 5 + 1d6d1d4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (1, 3, 4, 3, 2) - 1 + 1 = 22

One of the two kobolds who triggered the boulder charges straight for Zokon with its spear.

Stingerspear VII (lt blue) shortspear v Zokon (CHARGE!, inspired): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 15 damage: 1d4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 + 1 = 3

The other stops pulls a flask from its belt and downs it in one gulp.

dice:
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 6) + 3 = 10

And looks much better for it.

Silence falls over the area between the two pit traps.

The black kobold keeps up his sermon (now unheard by some) while drawing forth his sling and attempting to pelt Durgan with stones.

Chatchit (black dots) sling v Durgan (inspired): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage: 1d3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 = 2

The sorcerer conjures up a ball of muck and sends it sailing toward Durgan.

Vexset (white dots) range touch v Durgan (inspired): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14

Durgan, Reflex save (DC 14) v mudball)


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Inspire courage (Posh) An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Began round 1.

Wounded animals are usually harder to handle.

Round 3! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Kobolds! A lot of them!
__ Serena -9 hp
__ Posh
__ Victoria
__ Durgan
-6 hp, pending reflex save
__ Zokon
__ Alia
-3 hp
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet
-17 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Serena's mount -8 hp; Durgan's mount -11 hp; lt blue kobold down; black kobold down; red kobold -2 hp; dk blue kobold -14 hp; white-dot kobold -8

Map updated


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Well she wanted to hold on to the reins since she used those to drag the horse with her, but if the choice is let go or grass surfing she'll probably pick let go :P

Question: Does it look like Mikmek is *close* to controlling his horse? Illthir can tip the scales with her Gallant Inspiration? Oh heck might as well try!

"Steady!" Illthir encourages the kobold.

Gallant Inspiration @Mikmek: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 Retroactive skill bonus to failed check


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena presses the attack, slashing at orange with her scimitar.

Serena vs. Orange: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield

Reflex, vs spell: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
Denied the ability to speak, Durgan communicates to the kobold with an offensive hand gesture.

He strongly suspects the spell is Silence and not Deafness because a) he is hard to affect with spells, and b) the children are presumably also acting as if they are affected. He flashes five fingers four times at the children, then begins counting down. Probably lasts about twenty seconds or so.

He uses the Any-Tool scissors to cut free the first child, hands them the Any-Tool, and points out the pits.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

"Why you little...!" Victoria releases the reins on the other horse, and wheels her own after Sneeg. Ooo, I hope this works.
ride: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
if she gets in range, she'll use a slumber hex on Sneeg's horse DC17 Will. If she can't catch him, she'll come back


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Riddled with arrows, Scarlet finally loses her temper. "FINE! I'M STARTING WITH YOU, GREENIE!"

Scarlet flies into a bloodrage.

Cold Iron Masterwork Longsword, TWF, Bloodrage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon uses studied target on the kobold attacking him and then attempts to skewer it.

"I haven't used my sword in a while."

Rapier +1+st+ic: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Rapier +1+st+ic: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Illthir Winlowe wrote:

Well she wanted to hold on to the reins since she used those to drag the horse with her, but if the choice is let go or grass surfing she'll probably pick let go :P

Question: Does it look like Mikmek is *close* to controlling his horse?

Mostly. Illthir knows that he intentionally prodded the horse forward. Sense Motive might allow for more info.

Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena presses the attack, slashing at orange with her scimitar.

She catches the archer a grazing blow.

Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
Denied the ability to speak, Durgan communicates to the kobold with an offensive hand gesture.

The kobold goes livid (or as livid as a coal-scaled kobold can).

Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
He strongly suspects the spell is Silence....

It was possible to hear and see the spell being cast so as long as Durgan has some Spellcraft he can Identify the spell with a DC 17 as a free action.

Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
He uses the Any-Tool scissors to cut free the first child, hands them the Any-Tool, and points out the pits.

The pink dot that Durgan is next to is a blonde 10-year-old girl


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Victoria Velasco wrote:

"Why you little...!" Victoria releases the reins on the other horse, and wheels her own after Sneeg. Ooo, I hope this works.

if she gets in range, she'll use a slumber hex on Sneeg's horse DC17 Will. If she can't catch him, she'll come back

Yes, Victoria can keep up with Sneeg as both horses started out essentially next to one another and move at the same speed. Sneeg is unarmed and his hands are bound. The reigns were hanging forward so he is using his legs to guide his horse's movements.

Victoria closes within range to use her hex. But the horse is too harried to pay it much mind as Sneeg kicks its flanks.

horse will save v slumber: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

This leaves Victoria 30' back of the bandit. there's a new inset on the map showing the distance.

Scarlet Scarab wrote:

Riddled with arrows, Scarlet finally loses her temper. "FINE! I'M STARTING WITH YOU, GREENIE!"

Scarlet flies into a bloodrage.

Scarlet's swing goes a bit high.

Zokon Santyev wrote:

Zokon uses studied target on the kobold attacking him and then attempts to skewer it.

"I haven't used my sword in a while."

But the man is not rusty and he manages to find an opening in the small warrior's armor big enough to deal kobold a solid blow.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Inspire courage (Posh) An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Began round 1.

Wounded animals are usually harder to handle.

Round 3! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Kobolds! A lot of them!
__ Serena -9 hp
__ Posh
__ Victoria
__ Durgan -6 hp
__ Zokon
__ Alia -3 hp
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet -17 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Serena's mount -8 hp; Durgan's mount -11 hp; lt blue kobold down; black kobold down; red kobold -2 hp; dk blue kobold -4 hp; lt blue -10 hp; white-dot kobold -8 hp

Map updated


Arcane Pool 3/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Oblivious to Sneeg's attempt to flee, but very aware of the spear-wielding Kobolds willing to use children as bait and the boulder slamming into a rock nearby, Alia keeps focused on her opponents.
Once they are dealt with, I can help the others...
"Your turn...!", she exclaims as she violently stabs at her target.

Attack(Grey): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 Damage: 2d4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 + 1 = 13 Nonlethal Cold: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

And another foe falls to Alia's long, frosty blade.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield
RPGGGM wrote:
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
He uses the Any-Tool scissors to cut free the first child, hands them the Any-Tool, and points out the pits.
The pink dot that Durgan is next to is a blonde 10-year-old girl

Yes, Leta. I imagine a ten-year-old girl from the Stolen Lands has the strength, autonomy, and presence of mind to use the tool to free her siblings. Thinking of the Amish kids out near where my brother-in-law lives. They grow up a lot faster - it's not really comparable to childhood as my kids will know it.

If Durgan sees Leta starting to panic, he will grab her. Otherwise he'll move to deal with the kobolds.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Personally, I'm a big fan of mix of the Free-Range/Mayberry schools of child care.

The girl nods and sets to work on her big sister's (orange) bonds.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Illthir tries to figure out how the kobold managed to race his horse despite her having it lead by the reins, but she wasn't quite sure if she could get into the mind of the kobold. With a shake of her head she dismissed it for now - she'd done what she could.

---Her spell was an intermediate action, otherwise it wouldn't help on skill checks much!---

Ride: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Mhm. And notice how none of the kobolds are shooting at them - let's make sure it stays that way." Illthir tries to smoothly dismount, but gets tangled and it takes an extra few precious seconds to get off. "Now please *stay* and we'll get your family back together."

Move to dismount, standard to tie the reins to something if possible


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Illthir, are you riding south of the map and trying to fast dismount? If you, are you can assume there is a big rock with in 20' of the edge of the map.

"T-that boulder--" stammers Poshbot pointing at the stone. His seeming stocisim (as it seems from afar, out of everyone else's corner of their eye, while they are fighting for their lives) continues inspire his teammates.


"Yes. The stone is very big."


ride (guide): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

ride (spur): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 horse damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Sneeg aims his horse for the horizon and kicks at her flanks to make her move faster. The horse (spurred to a move speed of 60') takes a run action and moves 300' away.

"YAY! YOU OLD NAG! YAY! YAY!"


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp

With some difficulty Mikmek gets Zokon's horse around the black kobolds defenders and up to the top of the hill

acrobatics (fast dismount, soft fall, jump down! ): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

He tumbles from the horse's back and quickly rolls to his feet all while waving his hands and shouting: "MEV! MEV! Grr, Nuvpu' Hab roD 'oSwI' YAP vIghaj!"

Frantic Draconic:
"STOP! STOP! These Smooth Ones are the champions of the Silver Mine!"


ride (fast dismount): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Ignoring Illthir, Byron slips from the saddle and rushes down the hill to help his kin. Double move. Distance may vary based on where Illthir stopped her horse.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Leta frees Miriam who in turn frees Hansel. The children all look to Durgan for guidance. They seem keenly aware of the remaining (concealed) pit trap.


As Mikmek continues to gabble the two black kobolds look at one another. The sorcerer points to Posh.

"vabDot ngem wa'?"

Draconic:
"Even that Garden One?"


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp

"mIv tIn luj ghaH."

Draconic:
"He lost his big hat."


"'UCH!" shouts the black kobold with the most armor on. White dots.

Draconic:
"HOLD!"

All of the other kobolds stop trying to actively kill the party. Instead now they stand ready to kill the party at the slightest provocation.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Inspire courage (Posh) An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Began round 1.

Wounded animals are usually harder to handle.

Round 3! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Kobolds! Ready!
__ Serena -9 hp
__ Posh
__ Victoria
__ Durgan
-6 hp
__ Zokon
__ Alia
-3 hp
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet
-17 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Serena's mount -8 hp; Durgan's mount -11 hp; lt blue kobold down; black kobold down; red kobold -2 hp; dk blue kobold -4 hp; lt blue -10 hp; white-dot kobold -8 hp; Sneeg's horse -3 hp

Map updated


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon yells out"The leader has told them to hold, we may be able to talk with them." he stays ready but does not attack


Arcane Pool 3/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"They surrender!", Alia shouts, then points her Estoc at the one remaining near her:"Drop that spear. One wrong move and you will be as frozen as your comrades on the ground!"

Alia understands Draconic - if the one in front of her could hear the order to stand down, I think she also understands? But at the same time, they took children hostage and Zokon identified them as Leafcutters...not Sootscale - and she trusts him more than Mikmek. So remains on edge and will resume hostilities if that seems necessary.

Ready action to attack if anything she considers hostile is done by a Kobold she can see:
Attack(Grey): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24 Damage: 2d4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 + 1 = 14 Nonlethal Cold - Last charge I think: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet lets her bloodrage run its course. "So what are we doing- ugh. Where's Sneer?"

Scarlet runs towards the children. "I swear, if any of them are hurt-"


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield

Unable to hear anything, Durgan escorts the children away from the casters, towards Scarlet. If someone could move us all a bit. He activates his Aura of Deflection as a standard action to give the children some protection.

Even if he is still within the Silence, he does notice the reactions of everyone else.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Alia of the Blade wrote:

Alia understands Draconic - if the one in front of her could hear the order to stand down, I think she also understands? But at the same time, they took children hostage and Zokon identified them as Leafcutters...not Sootscale - and she trusts him more than Mikmek. So remains on edge and will resume hostilities if that seems necessary.

Alia may have heard this then, if only later and in passing.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 28/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena stays her blade, but keeps it ready, in case hostilities begin again.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Victoria grimaces as Sneeg's horse pulls away from her own. She can ride fine, but a chase is, well, a horse of a different color.
ride:spur: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 dam: 1d3 ⇒ 1
yeah, I don't think that's gonna get me there


Arcane Pool 3/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |
RPGGGM wrote:
Alia of the Blade wrote:

Alia understands Draconic - if the one in front of her could hear the order to stand down, I think she also understands? But at the same time, they took children hostage and Zokon identified them as Leafcutters...not Sootscale - and she trusts him more than Mikmek. So remains on edge and will resume hostilities if that seems necessary.

Alia may have heard this then, if only later and in passing.

Thanks for the remainder. But if I remember right, Leafcutters also hunted down a man(Fan Auric) some time ago and we were in combat against them? Even if Alia knows Chief Sootscale rallied other tribes, she'll be very cautious about those, seeing how the party fought against them previously - as in, fine, Mikmek got them to stand down, but Zokon is still the specialist when it comes to Kobbos - and Leafcutters were trouble up to now(and in game time, that was weeks, not years....)


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Victoria Velasco wrote:
yeah, I don't think that's gonna get me there

It is a single move action to make the check and the horse only takes damage on a successful (DC 15) check if you want to try again. Otherwise Sneeg's horse pulls ahead of Victoria to a distance of 80'.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

ah, not used to horse chases! She'll give it another shot
ride:spur: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp

Moments pass as Mikmek continues to explain to his fellows who the party is. The explanation includes words and phrases like "Blue Meanies," "Ol' Sharptooth," and "Tartuk". One scene he illustrates with his claws, using one hand as Scarlet's mine cart tracing its path through the air during its many jumps. "VROOOOM!" he says.


Meanwhile, there is a horse chase going on.

"YAH!"

ride: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 horse damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Sneeg's horse runs on.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region

Posh ends inspire courage. (3 rounds expended)

Wounded animals are usually harder to handle.

Round 4! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Kobolds! Still ready!
__ Serena -9 hp
__ Posh
__ Victoria
__ Durgan
-6 hp
__ Zokon
__ Alia
-3 hp
__ Illthir
__ Scarlet
-17 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Falgrim Sneeg
__ Mikmek
__ Byron Benzen
__ Miriam Benzen (orange, 14 year-old hostage)
__ Hansel Benzen (yellow, 10 year-old hostage)
__ Leta Benzen (pink, 10 year-old hostage)

Serena's mount -8 hp; Durgan's mount -11 hp; lt blue kobold down; black kobold down; red kobold -2 hp; dk blue kobold -4 hp; lt blue -10 hp; white-dot kobold -8 hp; Sneeg's horse -3 hp

Map updated


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet realizes the kobolds aren't fighting her and sheathes her weapons. "Wh-where is... Victoria? And Sneeg?" She continues to catch her breath.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Barkskin +2, Shield of Faith +2, Shield

Man, that map is pretty well-covered by boulder features that are potential traps. And some apparent routes for boulders to roll.

Durgan keeps taking the children up to where Scarlet is, motioning to Byron to circle around the pits and join them. He sheathes his axe as he moves.

Is he out of the Silence now?


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

whip the beast!
ride: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
ride: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Whether it's her squeamishness with spurring an animal, or just his superior horsemanship, it soon becomes clear to her that she isn't going to catch up with Sneeg.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
Man, that map is pretty well-covered by boulder features that are potential traps. And some apparent routes for boulders to roll.

The remaining boulders are all on relatively flat ground, and don't appear to easily rolled.

Durgan Far-Walker wrote:

Durgan keeps taking the children up to where Scarlet is, motioning to Byron to circle around the pits and join them. He sheathes his axe as he moves.

Is he out of the Silence now?

Yes, the kids are just on the outer edge of it.

Victoria Velasco wrote:
Whether it's her squeamishness with spurring an animal, or just his superior horsemanship, it soon becomes clear to her that she isn't going to catch up with Sneeg.

END COMBAT!

Victoria returns to the party sans one Falgrim Sneeg.


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp

Mikmek rushes down the hill to the party, and explains the situation in a series of barks, yaps, and whines.

Draconic:
"No need fight. You champions who helped defeat Tartuk and old god, Sharptooth! They only want to kill Garden One, but I told them 'him too'. Sootscales have knew goddess now. Chatchit High Priest of Ilthuliak, the True True-Blood Huntress. Chatchit say she True True True-Blood. Anyway, they here to lay ambush. Closing circle around Smooth One lairs and fort to Northeast. Kobold chiefs say is time to drive all Smooth Ones away. Make hills ring with kobold picks. They lay traps all around Smooth Ones, plan to bring fire to the Smooth Ones tomorrow tonight before False Scale Smooth Ones arrive. When False Scale Smooth Ones arrive there be big war."

What you wanna do?

10,201 to 10,250 of 11,271 << first < prev | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.