Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


10,351 to 10,400 of 11,531 << first < prev | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | next > last >>

I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

Eventually the characters at the ambush site can join this conversation, but I would like to give Serena, Scarlet, Victoria, and Posh first crack.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet takes cover as the arrows fly, then grabs her blades and defends herself. But none of the kobolds pay attention to her. Or Serena. Or Victoria. Good. Mikmek seems alright.

By the time the carnage clears, Scarlet checks for ambushes. Seems clear. Scarlet starts to sheathe her blades when a woman's voice puts her on high alert.

Snooty elf. Asking about Alia. Skin isn't dark. Eh, kinda racist there.

"Yeah, Alia of Kyonin. She'll be here in a bit." Pause. "Eh, am I gonna get a name?"


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

I suppose it would have been in draconic if he didn't speak common. She's smart enough she probably would have noticed even if I never did

Victoria ducks when the arrows start to fly, holding her fox close to her. She's about to cast a spell at the kobolds charging her when BOOM. Well, that was... unexpected.

She's not sure she'd call it a 'rescue,' but the point is moot. "And who have we to thank?" she asks the fellow with the hat.

She does look over to see if Mikmek is indeed okay. She has a feeling he will not be welcomed back to his people after this whole affair.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬
Victoria Velasco wrote:
She does look over to see if Mikmek is indeed okay. She has a feeling he will not be welcomed back to his people after this whole affair.

It takes a bit of time to search, but Mikmek does not appear to be present among the living, or the dead.

Sovereign Court

Matheus Castigan wrote:
A young spearman who looks more like a dandy strides over to the party, and doffs his tricorn hat with low bow. "Ladies! I trust you are safe? It was a very near thing, your rescue."

"Matheus Castigan, at your service." He does his bow again. "You can thank Lady Maethadis, and Andriel here for getting us to come out here. Still, without your torch," he says turning to Scarlet, "the battle wouldn't have gone nearly as it did for us. I don't think or the locals will have to worry about kobolds bothering you for a while."

Sovereign Court

Female Elf
Scarlet Scarab wrote:

Snooty elf. Asking about Alia. Skin isn't dark. Eh, kinda racist there.

"Yeah, Alia of Kyonin. She'll be here in a bit." Pause. "Eh, am I gonna get a name?"

"You're late. And your charge isn't even with you. What sort of bodyguard let's their charge wander alone in a war zone?"


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet takes a slow exhale and sheathes her weapons. No name. Big surprise. The human told me, though.

"Alia wanted to hunt a criminal and asked me to check on the Outpost. Bodyguards don't disobey. Lady Maethadis."

These elves are almost as bad as the nobles.

"Wait, Matheus Castigan. What happened to the Outpost? And... what are we late for?"


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena is caught by surprise by the sudden and savage attack, and by the time she finds her tongue, it is all over. Hearing the sharp-tongued elf, she turns and regards Maethadis with a raised eyebrow. "And you are... who? Exactly?"

Sovereign Court

Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"Wait, Matheus Castigan. What happened to the Outpost? And... what are we late for?"

"Everyone is safe and sound as far as I know. Some of our number are supporting Captain Garess and his men."

Sovereign Court

Female Elf
Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena is caught by surprise by the sudden and savage attack, and by the time she finds her tongue, it is all over. Hearing the sharp-tongued elf, she turns and regards Maethadis with a raised eyebrow. "And you are... who? Exactly?"

"My name is Lady Maetadis. I and my companion, Andriel, are here on business that is none of your concern. Rather you should just consider yourself lucky that we arrived when we did."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet resists rolling her eyes as the snooty elf (probably an elven noble, too) rambles on about how lucky they are or whatever.

But she is right. A hail of arrows from the kobolds might have ended her life. And how could she protect Victoria? She's never seen the woman don a suit of armor, she just pets her fox or whatever.

"Yeah, lucky indeed." She turns to Matheus. "Thank you all for supporting the Outpost. We were en route there to deliver good news."

"Er, as soon as my charge returns."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬
Alia of the Blade wrote:

Alia listens to Zokon, then responds:"I doubt the Kobold Warchiefs will stand by idly while we collectively return with the Kids. I don't think joining up with the others and then leaving for even a couple hours to return them home will be a good option."

She turns to Byron:"Do you think you could take your siblings home by yourself from here, with three horses to ride? Your sister is...what...20 or so? She should be able to handle a bow just in case."
Zokon Santyev wrote:
"I can give some spare weapons, darts, mace, spiked fist, arrows to help you." showing he likes Alia's idea by contributing.

Byron and his siblings take the party up on their plan and are soon off after Miriam (who is 14--though even 20 is still practically a toddler to an elf) plants an awkward kiss on Zokon's cheek for saving them all. The rest of the party prepares themselves for a long night march. Chatchit, Vexset and their kobold mercenaries spend their time "tidying up" the ambush site.

===============

It is later that night when the companions are reunited at the scene of the battle, where Matheus and his men (about 20 Brevic mercenaries--though Matheus himself looks more like a dandy from Taldor to the south) are digging graves for their dead and one big pit for the kobolds. They also (sometimes inadvertently) ferret out kobold traps left around the site. No one seems particularly interested in chasing after the escaped kobolds in the middle of the night, through what very well might be a minefield of traps.

All the PCs are here now. Though soon they will be moving on.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

In the small hours of the morning the weary group makes their way up to the newly repaired gates of Oleg's- well, the outpost. Where they are greeted by a worn looking Kesten Garess the guard captain, Shepherd Jhod, Naleksa Vijic, Lord Magister Blustrova Lebeda, some of the guardsmen (and the clownish former bandits Wilbur and Chick who have been pressed into service), but no Svetlana. Instead, the person who emerges from the Leveton's front door is turns out to be rather bland-faced halfling, named Anando Veresisi, who Lord Lebeda says, will be taking over operation of the outpost.

Map updated


"At your service." says the little man with a deep bow.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet is glad to be back to the Outpost. That joy soon evaporates once she realizes Svetlana is gone- the grief must have been too great.

I should have been there. I should have noticed. I should have kept Oleg away. Dammit, that snippy elf is right- why wasn't I with Alia?

A flurry of thoughts pass through Scarlet as they approach. "Hello... Anando Veresisi." She watches the man bow. This damn toadie. "Well, we have good news about the Stag Lord." She turns to Zokon. "Er, this is your contract, right? You want to make this official?"


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Go ahead, you've mad e a good start and will get the benefits anyway."

Zokon though looks around for Svetlana and asks "Where is Svetlana and why did she leave?"


"Hmm? Oh. Sent her back to her family in Brevoy. There was nothing for her here. Speaking of which, now that all this kobold business is finished, I'll have to be returning to Restov soon myself."


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 44/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Bark +2, Shld of Faith +2, Shield, Resist Cold, Divine Favor

"Very well," says Durgan to Blustrova. Don't tarry here on our account. He might have met the Magister before, but if not, his first impression is of a man with little appreciation for the hard work of creating a society.

"Kesten Garess. I regret to say that Sneeg escaped. He was bound, and rode a horse to where it appeared that a predator was lairing. We can go back in strength to look. Another of the Stag Lord's allies, the drow wizard Salzarus, also escaped. But the Stag Lord himself is dead."

Are Maethadis and Andriel around?


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
Are Maethadis and Andriel around?

Yep.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Aye, The Stag Lord is dead. All that remains is his helmet." Scarlet pulls out the iconic helmet. "He put up a fight, and that drow wizard fled into the night. And we need to figure out what's going on with Sneeg. But we have one less bandit king. The surviving forces have surrendered and are repairing the fort. They want to build a community there, with honest hard work instead of dirty thievery. And murder."

Scarlet takes a glance where the... thing exploded.


"Splendid!" cries the Magister. "Now I shall be able to return to civilization without concern."


Female Human Adept 1

"And?" interjects Naleska, glaring at the nobleman.


"Ahm, yes, well, the bounty. Of course you understand I don't carry such a large amount of coin on my person."


Kesten looks a bit dejected at the news of Sneeg's escape.

"It's alright, I'm sure you did your best."


"There is one other thing to discuss."

Sovereign Court

Female Elf

And at about the same time that is going on.

Maethadis takes Scarlet to one side and says none-too-sweetly "Now that we are all back safe, mercenary, you may consider yourself dismissed."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |
Maethadis wrote:

And at about the same time that is going on.

Maethadis takes Scarlet to one side and says none-too-sweetly "Now that we are all back safe, mercenary, you may consider yourself dismissed."

Scarlet takes a deep breath, to calm her nerves. She'd knock the ears right off this goon if it wouldn't cause another fight.

"Only my charge can release me." She turns to Alia. "What say you, Alia?"


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 44/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Bark +2, Shld of Faith +2, Shield, Resist Cold, Divine Favor

To Kesten
"If we had done our best, he would be here now. Mistakes were made in the heat of the kobold ambush. I am willing to start tracking him down in the morning. Do you know of any other associates he might have?"

To Blustrova
Durgan reads the charter over several times.
"Well, that is interesting. A most significant responsibility. Presuming that I am among the recipients of this charter, I swear to Abadar that I will do my best to make this new nation a just and prosperous one."

To Maethadis
"Greetings. I am Durgan, Priest of Abadar. I understand I have you to thank for the survival of my comrades. Thank you."

To Alia
"Alia, would a 'drow' be a wanted outlaw among the elves? Might they know of Salzarus's bases or allies?"

Durgan's preferred next task is hunting down Sneeg. I really hate that he escaped so easily.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

After reading through the new charter "Well it's time to get to business then. I might get to a real noble."


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Posh keeps looking over towards Alia, moving away from Erevenywg since the two of them seem to be uncomfortable being near the fey creature. Alia for his own reasons and Posh due to how she saw through his disguise so easily.

"Alia, do you believe peace can be brokered with the Kobolds? They have not been known to be honourable creatures." he states, looking uncomfortable with the suggestion, but not outright aiming hatred at the scaleykind "I'm worried they may turn on us if they become desperate enough."


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
Poshment Underhill wrote:

Posh keeps looking over towards Alia, moving away from Erevenywg since the two of them seem to be uncomfortable being near the fey creature. Alia for his own reasons and Posh due to how she saw through his disguise so easily.

"Alia, do you believe peace can be brokered with the Kobolds? They have not been known to be honourable creatures." he states, looking uncomfortable with the suggestion, but not outright aiming hatred at the scaleykind "I'm worried they may turn on us if they become desperate enough."

(Sorry I thought it refreshed and didn't realise I was responding to a much older post)


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
Maethadis wrote:
Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena is caught by surprise by the sudden and savage attack, and by the time she finds her tongue, it is all over. Hearing the sharp-tongued elf, she turns and regards Maethadis with a raised eyebrow. "And you are... who? Exactly?"
"My name is Lady Maetadis. I and my companion, Andriel, are here on business that is none of your concern. Rather you should just consider yourself lucky that we arrived when we did."

"Excuse me Miss Maetadis, but do you need any help pulling that stick out of your backside?" Posh asks, somewhat annoyed at this elf's way of addressing his companions and grinning as he makes this statement.

perform comedy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Still not updated the stats, I'll get to it now though in the discussion thread.


Arcane Pool 1/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia arrives, after having made sure the Benzens are on their way safely.

Noting Maetadis and Andriel at the outpost, a mixture of emotions and feelings play across her face as she bows to them:"Lady Maetadis, Sir Andriel. I am glad to see you well. No doubt you will have questions. Give me but a few minutes to fully arrive and I will seek you out so we can talk!"

As there is talk of Scarlets dismissal, Alia frowns:"Scarlet was contracted until such time as the objective of my mission has been retrieved. She has proven her worth and loyalty over and over and I would reluctantly give her up before having fulfilled my mission."
Oh, it makes sense for Scarlet to "have her freedom", but this seems sudden. I'd rather we transmission out of this bond on our own terms, not those of an NPC.

As Durgan asks his question, Alia looks over at Andriel standing nearby, then back at Durgan, bitterness in her voice:"Drow are not outlaws. They are vermin that need to be exterminated. No true elf would associate with such as would grant their kind refuge or call themselves their allies. If you were considering asking those two, I would advise against it."


Poshment Underhill wrote:
"Excuse me Miss Maetadis, but do you need any help pulling that stick out of your backside?" Posh asks, somewhat annoyed at this elf's way of addressing his companions and grinning as he makes this statement.

Maethadis looks taken aback.

Her companion though steps forward and gives the impertinent halfling an ice cold stare.
intimidate (demoralize, +4 for size): 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 4 = 19

Sovereign Court

Female Elf
Alia of the Blade wrote:

Alia arrives, after having made sure the Benzens are on their way safely.

Noting Maetadis and Andriel at the outpost, a mixture of emotions and feelings play across her face as she bows to them:"Lady Maetadis, Sir Andriel. I am glad to see you well. No doubt you will have questions. Give me but a few minutes to fully arrive and I will seek you out so we can talk!"

Maethadis seems put off by Alia's loud tone, but recovers and says "Very well, but do not keep us waiting."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet holds back a full on laugh as she pulls Posh aside. "You tryin' to get us killed? At least I'd die with a smile. While Alia uses some elven diplomacy, let's see what changes they made since they took over."


Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Scarlet holds back a full on laugh as she pulls Posh aside. "You tryin' to get us killed? At least I'd die with a smile. While Alia uses some elven diplomacy, let's see what changes they made since they took over."

Nakpik looks sadly up from the bottom of one of the covered middens as Scarlet leads Posh out of arrow range.


Arcane Pool 1/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Actually I had not intended to shout, but it works just as well :)

As Alia heads to the back, she notices Nakpik: "Mister Garess, what is the meaning of this? The Kobolds were here as envoys of their tribes. It is obvious relations deteriorated to the point of open hostility, but that does not mean we are savage brutes who ignore diplomatic immunity. Or would someone imply we are no better than them? Please have this pitiful creature released instantly so it can return home to its burrow."

She then tours the outpost, looking for the things she left behind when they sallied forth to hunt Oleg's Murderer. Her smithing equipment, the pack animal carrying it, and most importantly, Vega.
Alia was admittedly worried - Svetlana would have taken good care of the beast, and she would probably have been one of the few people in the neighboring countries that the cat was willing to tolerate.
Alas, Svetlana was gone, and chances are the cat went feral again, possibly inflicting wounds and scars on a multitude of nearby wildlife.

When everything that needed to be tended to right after arrival is taken care of, Alia heads to Maethadis and Andriel, retreating to their quarters for privacy: "What news do you bring from home, Mylady? Word of my Brother?", she asks respectful, yet cautious.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Yes Kesten please explain what happened here in detail, including the departure of Svetlana." Zokon waits for ze words


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Scarlet holds back a full on laugh as she pulls Posh aside. "You tryin' to get us killed? At least I'd die with a smile. While Alia uses some elven diplomacy, let's see what changes they made since they took over."

Posh still seems irritated, but nods.

"Who does this woman think she is talking to Alia and us like that? With everything we've been through I would've thought we'd earn some respect." Posh remains irritated but keeps his voice down as he doesn't wish to cause a scene or potentially get the group into any major trouble.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon tries to subtly tell Posh "It seems to be one of those elves.. you like a human noble but all elfy."


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
Zokon Santyev wrote:


Zokon tries to subtly tell Posh "It seems to be one of those elves.. you like a human noble but all elfy."

Posh nods, agreeing with the statement here.

"That Renault person was much the same, but I'll leave Alia to the diplomacy. I know she can handle herself." he replied, trying to be subtle as he didn't wish to cause any issues by speaking up loudly. He did for a moment think back to that promise back in the well. What on Golarian did that creature want from him in return and how would he pay the price?


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Yeah, she can handle it." Scarlet looks to Posh.

"Nobles never give you any respect. They just steal your credit. Just remember. We did it. No them."


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 44/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Bark +2, Shld of Faith +2, Shield, Resist Cold, Divine Favor

"Magister Blustrova, will you take a letter from me to the ranking Banker in Restov?"
Durgan would know who that is - I think the only Banker he has met in-game is from Mivon.

Durgan begins writing, and turns to the party. "One matter in this letter does concern you. The Church of Abadar would have an interest in returning the stolen trade goods to merchants who can make an honest claim. Is that okay with you? Does a 15% reclamation fee sound appropriate?"

The letter will be sealed, of course, but Durgan suspects the Magister might try to sneak a look through some trickery. A look isn't the worst thing. Durgan will follow up with the Banker in Restov as soon as possible to verify that the letter got there unaltered.

A Sealed Letter:
May your ventures thrive, Archbanker. I submit this report for inclusion into the Vault and for dissemination to the various Bankers around Brevoy.
The bandit king known as the Stag Lord is dead, slain by my axe and the swords of Serena Mistcastle, Scarlet Scarab, and the elf known as Alia of the Blade. This is the truth of the matter, by Abadar.
His father, a fell druid, is also slain.
One of his lieutenants, the drow wizard known as Salzarus, escaped. He has a preference for invisibility, illusions and necromantic spells. He also has a fondness for gunpowder and is responsible for explosion that caused the death of Oleg Leveton. Salzarus is cunning and has been known to turn the tables on those who track him, but as with all wizards, his magic is limited. He is also devoid of allies at the moment but may seek to link up with other drow. I will pledge 1,000 gold towards a reward for his head, and encourage the Church to contribute further. He is more dangerous than any other brigand or bandit in the Stolen Lands.

Durgan will list all the spells that his allies identified Salzarus as using.
The bulk of the Stag Lord's followers were starving peasants, suffering from the inadequate economy of the Stolen Lands. Given the scarcity of manpower here, the general absence of laws, the lack of hard evidence tying them to specific acts of banditry, and the sensibilities of my comrades, I have decided to extend to them the opportunity to pay their debt to society through work. This was the most profitable course of action. Should they return to banditry there will be no mercy.
We found numerous trade goods that were looted by the bandits. Please direct merchants' claims to me, with a description of the goods and assessed value, and they can come here to have their goods returned for an appropriate reclamation fee of 15% of the value.
Only included if the party agrees.
I am under consideration for inclusion in a new Charter to govern this part of the Stolen Lands. While the human Zokon Santyev is likely the best candidate to take precedence, I will do my part to ensure that these lands are governed responsibly and thrive economically. I request the support of the Church of Abadar in my inclusion, and that of Zokon Santyev, who I vouch for.
Trade with Brevoy and Restov will be essential, and I welcome the ideas of my fellow Bankers as to how to best nurture that commerce. I will visit the various cities of Brevoy and the Free City of Restov as soon as I am able, and send word when this region of the Stolen Lands are ready to receive guests. Through the grace of Abadar, we have the ability to bring civilization and prosperity to the Stolen Lands. May our ventures thrive.

He turns to the party. "If we are to accept this charter, we should probably make the rounds in Brevoy."
First deal with Sneeg, though. Not sure how much a tour of Brevoy's major cities would be done in-game or if that would get tedious and should be hand-waved, but at least we need to go to where Zokon's family is.


Alia of the Blade wrote:
As Alia heads to the back, she notices Nakpik: "Mister Garess, what is the meaning of this?" The Kobolds were here as envoys of their tribes. It is obvious relations deteriorated to the point of open hostility, but that does not mean we are savage brutes who ignore diplomatic immunity. Or would someone imply we are no better than them? Please have this pitiful creature released instantly so it can return home to its burrow."

Kresten hesitates then looks to the Magister of Restov.


The magister snorts. "What!? Let that monster wander the fort? I think not. You should have see what we did with with them in my old military days out on the Numerian borderlands."


Alia of the Blade wrote:

She then tours the outpost, looking for the things she left behind when they sallied forth to hunt Oleg's Murderer. Her smithing equipment, the pack animal carrying it, and most importantly, Vega.

Alia was admittedly worried - Svetlana would have taken good care of the beast, and she would probably have been one of the few people in the neighboring countries that the cat was willing to tolerate.
Alas, Svetlana was gone, and chances are the cat went feral again, possibly inflicting wounds and scars on a multitude of nearby wildlife.

"I've taken the liberty of keeping the party mascot confined to the house ma'am." says the halfling putting a hand over a series of claws marks on the back of one of his hands.

"Quite spirited."

Alia finds Vega confined to his cage on the dining room table.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Magister, we have defeated the bandit lord and shall forthwith report to Restov, with news of our success, I shall also attend my father Lord Tengar. It seems your mission is a success, you are needed to report back to Restov, I believe."


Zokon Santyev wrote:
"Yes Kesten please explain what happened here in detail, including the departure of Svetlana." Zokon waits for ze words

"Well, after the burial and you left, some of the nobles left as well to head back to Restov, and she went with them. She said that there wasn't much of anything left for her here. She was frontier bride you know. Probably doesn't come from much, and she probably went back to it." There's a pause before he continues. "Don't don't go chasing Sneeg on my acount--he's a tricky one and more dangerous than he looks, especially when he's cornered, but by the sounds of it he won't be sticking around. And you all have done enough."


Durgan Far-Walker wrote:

"Magister Blustrova, will you take a letter from me to the ranking Banker in Restov?"

Durgan would know who that is - I think the only Banker he has met in-game is from Mivon.

As an "archbishop" Archbanker Siguard Barasav's influence covers much of the civilized north this side of Lake Encarthan, including: Brevoy, Mendev, and Mivon (his family is comes form Mivon and before that Restov in what was Rostland). He shares power with a "marshal" who deals mainly with military matters in the World Wound. Bishops are more on the level of being associated with towns, cities, and small kingdoms (and there is one in Restov). I should also note that while some of his duties include the study of arcane topics (like math!) Restov's "magister" is more of an accountant, civic bureaucrat, and treasurer.

The Magister accepts the letter and nods with all the solemnity of a great sea going galleon which he is vaguely shaped like.

Zokon Santyev wrote:
"Magister, we have defeated the bandit lord and shall forthwith report to Restov, with news of our success, I shall also attend my father Lord Tengar. It seems your mission is a success, you are needed to report back to Restov, I believe."

"Yes." he says magnanimously. "You may attend of course, though we are only going as far as Restov."

10,351 to 10,400 of 11,531 << first < prev | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.