Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


51 to 100 of 2,064 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia will let out a ray of freezing air and ice projects from her pointing finger at the closest one to her or the most front left one.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
ray damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 points of cold damage


Male High Azlanti DM

Amon your blast of electricity misses.

Leetia your blast of cold hits another beetle, it shrieks but is still there.

Alldur next


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur starts as the beetles enter the light. He flings a palm upward and from it a sickly green blob quivers through the air toward the beetle struck by Leetia's ray.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1 Acid damage

Acid Splash


Male High Azlanti DM

The beetle is hit full on by the acid and with a shriek is no more.

Zimdoz your action


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz loads his dragon pistol with pellets, then moves in the direction of the beetles, with the hope of performing a scattering shot on his next turn. His tailblade is at the ready should he need to fight in melee.


Male High Azlanti DM

Jade your action.


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Jade studied the situation carefully. While they were likely to survive a battle like this, it was better not to take chances. Stepping forward, she put forth her hand and spoke an odd word. A small bolt of energy shot from her hand towards one of the beetles and exploded in a dazzling shower of sparks.

Cast Flare. Fortitude Save vs DC 12 or be Dazzled for 1 minute.


Male High Azlanti DM

The bettles are all dazzled, they now move forward and attack.

On Jade Bite (1d20 = 3+1-1) = 3 miss

On Amon Bite (1d20 =8+1-1) = 7 miss

On Alldur (1d20 = 2+1-1) = 2 miss

Wow they suck!

Back to Amon


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

If one of then came to try to bite me, it provoked an AoO (I'm using a reach weapon - longspear).

Attack (AoO): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Longspear AoO before bettle comes to bite Amon
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Amon drops his longspear by his feet. As the weapon touches the floor, the hands of the aerokineticist get surrounded by electric sparks, which suddenly extend all over a range of 20 feet around him in a very loud way. The energy seems to concentrate on him for moment, and then he finally forms a long bladed weapon made of pure electricity that he swings at the beetle.

Free action to drop weapon, move action to gather power, standard to form kinetic blade and attack. If the bettle by me is already dead, then I'll instead five-foot-step (if possible) towards another one and attack. If there are none in my reach of 5-foot reach, then my action would be a little different (instead of dropping the spear, I'd move and attack with it).

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Kinetic Blade - versus Touch AC. Please let me know if they have spell resistance
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Electricity


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

If there is a creature with SR at level 1, we're in serious trouble. Lol.


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

I had to ask, anyway! I have to get used to these SR-countered blasts. Heh


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

If Leetia is in melee of these, she will 5 ft step away to get a clear shot (avoiding cover) and will let out a ray of freezing air and ice projects from her pointing finger at the closest one to her.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 -4 shooting into melee
1d3 ⇒ 1 points of cold damage


Male High Azlanti DM

They do not have spell resistance. Amon with your 2 blows you slice through 2 of the beetles killing them. Leetia, your spell hits the remaining beetle, momentarily stopping it in its tracks but then it keeps coming.

Alldur your action.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur steps back and flings another globule of acid at the remaining beetle.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Acid Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Male High Azlanti DM

The acid burns through the beetle's abdomen, killing it.

What do you want to do next?


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"While we are still under the effects of this spell, I think we should follow the water and see if it goes deeper into this place. If not we can turn around and come back? I'm not the best climber." She frowns.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'Sounds reasonable. Anyone else care to lead the way? My light will give us away to anything dwelling down here.'


Male High Azlanti DM

You swim on (to A2). A shallow creek runs through the middle of this cavern, while to the south a stony bank rises up from the water. Thick carpets of green and gray mould grow on the bank, particularly around a trio of three foot high foul smelling mounds


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia doesn't like the looks of that and keeps swimming deeper into the cave.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz follows the group after securing and waterproofing his gear, and will remain with the majority of the party.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'You think there might be more of those insects in those mounds?' Alldur asks as he wades past the bank.


Male High Azlanti DM

You swim on. A dark cavern opens up here, its twenty foot high ceiling thick with stalactities. A rocky shore overlooks a placid pool and stream, fed by a trickle of water leaking from a narrow fissure to the north. A small garden of toadstools and dark mould grows along the banks

GM note: I'm assuming you wanted to head on to A4 as that is where the river goes rather than deeper into A2?


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Coming up for the second time, Jade noticed the mould and didn't like it. She wracked her brain attempting to determine if it was safe or not.

Knowledge - Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Yeah A4 is where Leetia is going


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Amon moves with the others, shaking his head with attention and curiosity towards everything. When they get to the part with the mold, he checks up and analyzes carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Finished investigating the shallow creek, he swims along with the others, getting near the opening of the dark cavern and the small garden of toadstools. His darkvision immediately kicks in, as if his eyes suddenly switch lenses.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male High Azlanti DM

Ok bit of a retcon:

Jade there is nothing natural about the mould on the mounds. Amon you can hear a quite of slithering underneath it.

In the final river chamber Amon you can hear what sounds like clawed feet


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

One moment, associates. - says Amon, with his voice sounding more mechanical than he'd like - I noticed a bit of slithering on the past location we had been before moving here. I propose we go back to check to avoid being ambushed by something coming from behind.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"Oh I am not sure. I was once told, if you leave it alone it will leave you alone." She turns back looking worried at the party that has and might not have followed.


Male High Azlanti DM

What's the consensus then?


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

"Given the mould isn't natural, Amon may have a point. Let's head back and make sure we're not likely ambushed from behind."


Male High Azlanti DM

You head back to the cavern with the mounds. As you move in 3 slimy masses burst out of the mounds, 15 feet away.

Initiative order

Alldur 23
Slime moulds 21
Zimdoz 15
Amon 14
Jade 13
Leetia 12
Slimes

Alldue your action


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'What are those?!?!' Alldur exclaims in equal parts alarm and confusion.

Alldur draws his crossbow and loads a bolt.


Male High Azlanti DM

Unfortunately, no one is able to tell anything about the creatures.

The slimes move forward, one moves up to Amon, one to Jade and one to Leetia.

On Amon:

Slam (1d20 = 16 +1) = 17 Damage (1d3) = 2

On Jade:

Slam (1d20 = 17 +1) = 18 Damage (1d3) = 2

On Leetia

Slam (1d20 = 8 +1) = 9 Miss

Zimdoz your action - you can hit all 3 creatures although they are in melee


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

I wouldn't count on not being able to say anything.

Not too sure which would apply, so I'll roll both.

Knowledge - Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Knowledge - Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Hopefully it's enough.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Great, I’ll take the appropriate penalties

Zimdoz moves up and discharges his dragon pistol at the creatures, and a blast of shot is released.

Ranged Touch Attack on Mould 1 (melee, PBS, Scatter): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Damage on Mould 1, (PBS): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Ranged Touch Attack on Mould 2 (melee, PBS, Scatter): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Damage on Mould 2, (PBS): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Ranged Touch Attack on Mould 3, (melee, PBS, Scatter): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Damage on Mould 3, (PBS): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male High Azlanti DM

Zimdoz your shots go wide apart from the one on the last slime.

Jade you recognise these things as slime moulds, they have reistance to fire.

Amon over to you


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

"Don't bother with fire, it won't hurt them much," Jade called out.


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Amon moves his hands, and discharges of pure electricity form like a weapon - which he immediately swings against the creature in front of him.

Attack (vs. Touch): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Electricity

Move to gather power, standard to kinetic blade attack the one in front of me


Male High Azlanti DM

Amon you hit the slime, horrible burn marks rake its form.

Jade over to you.


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Pulling her shortsword, Jade stabbed at the ooze.

Stab: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

As Leetia gets out of the water, she jumps at the sight of the creatures.

Concentration to cast if in melee DC 16
Defensive Casting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
If not, ignore the concentration.

A ray of frost shoots from her fingers
Ranged vs. touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 -4 shooting into melee & -4 if they have cover because I can't get a clear line shot.
Cold Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Male High Azlanti DM

Jade you strike the slime in front of you, your short sword cuts a mighty gash in its side, but it is still there.

Leetia a bolt of cold strikes the slime, it freezes in place, goes brittle ans shatters into pieces.

The remaining slime tries to hit Amon again

Alldur back to you.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'Hold still Amon' Alldur warns as he takes aim.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Probably -4 for firing into melee. 14 total if that's the case

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male High Azlanti DM

Alldur your bolt pierces the slime, killing it.

The remaining slime attempts to hit Amon

Slam (1d20 = 11 +1) = 12 miss

Back to Zimdoz

Gm note the slimes didn't act twice there, I put it they had an action but got the initiative order wrong, they go after Alldur


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz drops his gun, pulls out his longspear, takes a step to position himself and attacks the remaining mould.

longspear attack on slime mould: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
longspear damage on slime mould: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

But his swing is wild.


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

The android repeats his previous routine, gathering power to form his kinetic blade and attack the remaining creature.

Attack (vs. Touch): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Electricity


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia's hair sticks straight up due to the static Amon is gathering.

When it's her turn if anything is still crawling, she will do the same as before.

Concentration to cast if in melee DC 16
Defensive Casting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
If not, ignore the concentration.

A ray of frost shoots from her fingers
Ranged vs. touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 -4 shooting into melee & -4 if they have cover because I can't get a clear line shot.
Cold Damage 1d3 ⇒ 3


Male High Azlanti DM

Zimdoz your shot goes wild, however Amon your electric weapon chars the remaining slime into nothing. You can see 4 halfling bodies sticking out of the mounds, it looks as if they have been dead for about a week.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia casts Detect Magic in that area.


Male High Azlanti DM

Nothing shows up as magical, however you do find a single agate worth 55gp.

Where to next?

51 to 100 of 2,064 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.