Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


151 to 200 of 2,064 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male High Azlanti DM

The blindheim manages to resist the blow.

Zimdoz back to you


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz steps back and reloads the dragon pistol again, putting another ordnance in the barrel.


Male High Azlanti DM

Leetia your action.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia will blindly load her crossbow but she does not fire, instead she will take a total defensive stance.


Male High Azlanti DM

Back to Alldur


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur flings another blob of acid at the frog-man-creature.

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 -4 into melee

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Male High Azlanti DM

Alldur your ball of acid hits the blindheim but it is still there.

The Blindheim attacks Jade

Bite (1d20 = 13 +5) = 18 Damage (1d4=4 +1) = 5

Claw (1d20=19 +5) = 24 Damage (1d3 = 1 +1) = 2

Claw (1d20 = 13 +5) = 18 Damage (1d3 = 2+1) = 3

Jade your action


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Jade, frustrated with her performance so far, attempted to thrust her blade again.

Thrust: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17 +2 Flanking

Impale: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male High Azlanti DM

Jade you strike the creature a mighty blow, it is still there but only just.

Amon back to you


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Amon repeats his routine, hoping to connect his kinetic blade to the creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Melee touch
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 17 Greater than 50 for hit

Unfortunately he misses yet again due to his blindness.


Male High Azlanti DM

Over to Zimdoz


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz says "Everyone, step away from the creature, I can't hit it when it's engaged with anyone else." Zimdoz takes aim again at the creature's midsection, waiting for the right moment.

Action:
Readied action to attack the creature when it is not engaged in melee with anyone else.


Male High Azlanti DM

Leetia over to you.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia feels a bit scared and lets out the bolt she loaded last round towards the area she hears the noises.

Light Crossbow Ranged: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 19-20/x2 (-4 shooting into melee, -4 due to any cover)
concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 32
1d6 ⇒ 2 piercing damage

She loads another bolt.


Male High Azlanti DM

Leetia your bolt misses the creature

Alldur back to you.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur flings another globule of acid at the creature.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 -4 into melee

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Male High Azlanti DM

The ball of acid strikes the Blindheim squarely in the chest and it falls, quite clearly dead.

In the pool of water in this room you can now see a man's body which has been mostly eaten. A belt pouch on the body's hip is intact and contains 42gp, a silver unholy symbol of Zyphus worth 25gp and 2 potions of cure light wounds.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz lowers his dragon pistol, panting, as the white-hot glow of the barrel cools down. ”Well shot, Alldur.” The ordnance dissipates and Zimdoz holsters his weapon. ”By my recollection, the blindness effects should wear off in about an hour. We may want to wait until our companions heal. Jade, you took a nasty hit from the blindheim, you should use one of these potions.”

If we want to wait until the blindness wears off, I think Zimdoz identifies it as taking an hour to do so. If so, he will brew a new int cognatogen in that time. If not, he’s ready to go.


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Amon hears the sounds of battle calming down, and the android lets his head bounce forward slowly as if auto-repairing.

If it wears off after an hour, that's a relief. The suggestion of waiting one hour seems relevant and agreeable, and I will comply.

He starts to wait for one hour.


Male High Azlanti DM

GM note - you are correct the blindness will wear off after an hour - are you all waiting?


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

"I agree with Amon, let's wait an hour. Splitting up in a place such as this tends to not end well. At least from what I've heard."


Male High Azlanti DM

An hour passes, after which everyone who is blind can now see.

Where to next?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

After drinking his new concoction and refocusing his mind, Zimdoz points down the western hallway, and then south. ”West takes us back towards the entrance, south seems to go further. If it were up to me, I would head west first - to make sure we are not ambushed by another one of these things. Those tracks we saw at the cave entrance may have led through that passage, so we may find some trace of Khonnir as well.” He closes his eyes and makes a mental map in his head, then sighs and pulls out a bit of paper and spent charcoal and starts to draw a map of the area they’ve seen so far, and then peers at the ground to see if the tracks they saw earlier were present in this area.

Survival check to find tracks similar to those at the cavern entrance- taking 10 for a 16.


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Your suggestion is appropriate, Zimdoz. - says Amon, mechanically turning to go towards West first. Electric buzzing can be heard as he knees down to collect the items from the man's pouch - Please let me know if any of you request the use of any of these items. I'm archiving them for transport.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur nods to zimdoz and checks on his wounds. The bite mark looks deep, but the bleeding seems to have mostly stopped. He eyes the other healing potion longingly. No, I don't know what else waits for us in this cave. No more heroics, though.

'Hopefully he didn't run into one of those frog-men alone. He was a nasty bugger.'


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"That is fine, I'll follow you."


Male High Azlanti DM

Zimdoz, you do not find any tracks similar to the ones you found at the cave entrance in this chamber.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

”West it is. I’ll check if it’s clear and then we can head in.” Zimdoz sneaks up to the corner and peers around checking for more enemies, Blindheims or otherwise. If it’s clear, he waves at the party to follow him. He readies his pistol for any villains.

Take 10 on Stealth for 15, approaching a corner where he can see into A3.


Male High Azlanti DM

You head south (into A3). A collection of stalactites and stalagmites choke this low ceilinged cavern, making it difficult to squeeze between them. Matching stalactites close in from the five foot high ceiling, giving the impression of a maw of needlelike teeth bearing down on one another. A dead half-orc sprawls on the ground near the cave's eastern entrance.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"All this death, it's terrible."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Leetia looks around and stays alert.


Male High Azlanti DM

It looks like the body has been stripped of valuables.

You can have a knowledge local or heal check on the body


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male High Azlanti DM

The body shows signs that it was slain by multiple stab wounds from a short bladed weapon, like a dagger.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"This was murder. A weapon did this damage. I wonder who he was."


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

But who is it?

Jade looked at the body to see if she recognized the individual.

Knowledge - Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Amon waited behind Leetia and Jade as they analysed the body. The android had difficulties feeling empathy, but he understood that maybe some sort of crime had been committed against that individual, and that people would want to investigate it.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur hangs back and watches they way they'd come from. Wary of whatever may have caused the stab wounds.


Male High Azlanti DM

Jade recognises the body as belonging to a half orc named Parda Garr, a popular brawler in the town of Torch. It was rumoured that she had fallen in with a gang of thugs


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

”Ugh, how horrible. Let us be on our guard. These wounds don’t look like they came from anything we’ve fought already.”


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'Back the other way, then?' Alldur asks.


Male High Azlanti DM

A collection of crates, boxes, rubble, and scavenged metal lies heaped in the northwest section of this damp cave. Several strange chalk drawings of twisted, spiny plants, a strange three-legged creature, and emaciated four-armed humanoids mark the walls.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz searches the materials for a sign of Khonnir or anything useful for the adventure and attempts to identify the creatures in the drawing (if he can).

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Knowedge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Knowedge (nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia observes the drawing.

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Know History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male High Azlanti DM

You find no trace of Khonnir but you do find some scuffed tracks of humanoid bare feet heading southeast.

Zimdoz and Leetia you realise that the figures depicted are of some unknown and perhaps undiscovered race.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"oh this is very fascinating. These beings don't look like anything I've seen before." She continues to observe the painting.


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Amon follows with the others. As they stop in front of the depicted figures, his eyes circle with curiosity, as if cataloging the images.

I agree with your assessment. - he finally says, towards Leetia - Perhaps we should continue, though. Maybe we're simply not seasoned enough.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur waves his hands for a moment and focuses his vision. After doing so he begins a through walk-through of the room.

Scanning the room with detect magic, moving as necessary to make sure I can cover everything.


Male High Azlanti DM

Nothing detects as magical. There are some strange tangle of wires and unusually crafted fragments. You also find 7 strange silver discs


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Do the discs appear to be part of something? Or go together somehow? Any markings on them?


Male High Azlanti DM

They have strange etched markings on them, it looks as if they are designed to be used as a form of currency

151 to 200 of 2,064 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.