GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,451 to 4,500 of 8,304 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>

Z's two coppers: we don't need the Blessing here and now.

Round 2, Init 17

Zilchus steps forward to help/protect/save Nidhi again...Uh, do I want to do this? I suppose. The other one is so far away. Fine. <grumble>...and attacks at the back of the cat mummy, flanking with Annie.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 4 = 38 to hit; (+flank,+grunt)
2d4 + 13 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 = 16 adamantine slashing damage.

1d20 + 5 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 4 = 14 to hit; (+flank,+grunt)
2d4 + 13 ⇒ (1, 3) + 13 = 17 adamantine slashing damage.

Pot crit:
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 4 = 27 to hit; (+flank,+grunt)
2d4 + 13 ⇒ (3, 2) + 13 = 18 adamantine slashing damage.

Why can't they good kitties, like Bynx!?

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 56/66
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) +3 SoF

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 1/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 1/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 1/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi, before your healing takes effect, I need a caster level check (+8 currently for you I think) vs DC 20.

Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Nope

A shocked expression crosses Nidhi's face, what? What happened?! Nidhi examines at the palm of her hand. It looks the same. Tanned skin, soft and taut with youth. She turns her hand over. Her nails are getting a little long. She shakes her hand as if the motion will fix whatever's wrong.

Round 2, Initiative 8:

Nidhi stops singing, bothered by her current situation, but her singing continues to inspire the party for two more rounds
Lingering Performance Feat: Bardic Performance continues for 2 rounds after you stop performing
(PRD Source)

Nidhi escapes moves (using Florence's Blessing Buff) from the room (see map) and attempts to heal herself again.

Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Cure Moderate Wounds (self): 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14

Nidhi's superstitious nature begins creeping into her thoughts. "Guys! I think I'm dying! I think I'm turning into a werecat again!" Nidhi calls over her shoulder. I can't die! And I don't want to be a werecat! This isn't my fate! I'm not ready! Pharasma, please! Nidhi silently begs her goddess as she moves towards Florence and the open, empty hallway.

Nidhi isn't being very helpful this round, sorry! D:

Nidhi's Personal Tally:

1/28 Inspire Courage
1st Level Spells Used: none yet
2nd Level Spells Used: Cure Moderate Wounds (self), Cure Moderate Wounds (self)


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

It makes more sense to tag the biggest number of people so I'll just tag Zilchus, Nidhi, Annie and Flo; feel free to make use of it if there's an option you think you might need. Or not. Also, adjusted Flo's position re: previous round and she also took full damage from the plaster falling.
________

Round 2, Initiative 11

Figuring that Zilchus and Annie probably have their creature in-hand, Florence decides to utilize the extra movement of her spell and moves back towards Stelle and her target. Stopping what she hopes is a safe enough distance away, Florence begins casting and attempts to curse the ubashki with ill omen.

Daily Spells & Powers:

4th - Blessing of Fervor, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism, Lightning Bolt, Prayer
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (3/3)


________

Flo moves to her current position and casts Ill Omen on Stelle's target.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 2, Init 13

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 64 [--][-55]
Annie: Hits: 52 [-16] (Cursed, Diseased)
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 2/3

AC: 27 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

The lynx comes at Stelle so swiftly, it is almost all she can do to keep her shield between it and herself.

She takes a shaky five foot step back, draws her lance, and attempts to prepare Mummified Lynx Kabob.

Skewer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 -PA, +Angelic Voices
for Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 +PA, +Angelic Voices


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Round 2, Init 13

Blessings of Fevor (BoF): Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.

FortDC16: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Anubis grunts and attacks.

Bite: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 27 +Amulet, -PA, +Angelic Voices, +Flank, +BoF
Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 +Amulet, -PA, +Angelic Voices


BoF attack:
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 4 = 38 to hit; (+flank,+grunt)
2d4 + 13 ⇒ (4, 4) + 13 = 21 adamantine slashing damage.

Pot Crit:
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 + 4 = 33 to hit; (+flank,+grunt)
2d4 + 13 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 = 16 adamantine slashing damage.

Sheeeeet. Maybe Zilchus should be chowing on plaster more often.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Flo, did you notice Zilchus’ healing? I did note you as taking the full damage from the ceiling collapse, then you healed some.

Zilchus steps into flank with the dog, and makes a mighty blow, criticaling the fresh lynx. Almost an instant later, he does it again, dropping the Ubashki to the floor. Benedictus DMPC delays (save a spell). Stelle steps back and skewers her lynx, dropping it to the ground dead. Florence prepares to provide a curse of her own, but everything is dead, er, more dead, and nothing is moving. Nidhi realizes her healing didn’t work, and panics, fleeing toward the hall and trying again - this time with success!

We are out of initiative! Both Ubashki are destroyed!

- Round 3 -
Ubashki lynx (pink) - 26 (destroyed)
Ubashki lynx (purple) - 26 (destroyed)
Zilchus - 17 (-8hp)
Benedictus - 14 (-25hp)
Ptolomy - 14 (-12hp)
Stelle - 13 (-55hp)
Annie - 13 (-16hp, cursed/diseased)
Florence - 11 (-8)
Bynx - 11 (-12hp)
Nidhi - 8 (-9, cursed/diseased)


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Ahh, I missed that! Thanks for the reminder.
________

"Okay...so that happened," Florence blinks, lowering her hands as the ubashkis meet their ends before she has a chance to cast her spell. "Who hides mummified critters in the ceiling!?"

She looks around, noting that Nidhi's retreated back down the corridor much like Bynx had done. "Nidhi? Hey Nidhi, it's okay, they're dead now, you can come back!"

"Is everyone okay? Stelle? You don't look so good," Florence continues, frowning. She draws the more minor healing wand, looking at Zilchus. "Hey, thanks for earlier! Any chance you're able to do that again or should I start using this?"

Depending on Zilchus' answer, Florence gives herself a couple of taps with the wand before moving to do the same to Zilchus and Ptolomy, Bynx, and Nidhi, once they come within reach.

If Zilchus can't do the Thing again, Flo uses the Wand of Cure Light Wounds as follows:

Cure Light Wounds (Self): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light Wounds (Self): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Cure Light Wounds (Zilchus): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Cure Light Wounds (Ptolomy): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light Wounds (Ptolomy): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light Wounds (Ptolomy): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Cure Light Wounds (Bynx): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light Wounds (Bynx): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Cure Light Wounds (Nidhi): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light Wounds (Nidhi): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Zilchus looks at his falchion, then the split cat, then back at his falchion. He's come a long way as a swordsman since his initial close-his-eyes and swing from the heels days.

He barely notices Flo's healing but smiles at her when he does. You've done the rolling, it's a good push. Let's keep them. :)

"Not where I would want to store my cats," Zilchus agrees, uncertain why they would be packed there. But not matter, he sifts through the plaster looking for anything of interest that might have fallen from the ceiling as well.

I guess I should never take any rest in a library. Who knew they could be so dangerous? All the stories talk of dungeons or lost catacombs...but no, the true test of a warrior is the library. And they say that words can't hurt you. Heh.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Actually, I guess that was a dumb statement," Florence mutters, scowling up at the offending ceiling. "Whoever went to the trouble of hiding the real ceiling probably put them up there as a nasty surprise."

With at least some of her companions patched up, Florence takes a moment to actually look up at the real ceiling, now revealed for them to see.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
________

Wand charges remaining (37).


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi accepts Florence's healing from the wand and goes back to examining her hands. "I had trouble healing myself. That was weird." Nidhi shivers. How does she feel?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence, I need two caster level checks for your attempts on Nidhi. DC 20, and the caster level is 1 for the wand. Same for any healing sent Annie's way.

Nidhi, for now, feels OK - other than the issue with healing which is unexpected and, I expect, worrisome. Annie too seems to be feeling fine as far as Stelle can tell.

Zilchus finds a scroll among the wreckage, and is able to identify it as a scroll of Phantom Chariot. Nothing else is found - other than a richly decorated fresco covering the ceiling which will take a few hours to examine closely. There's something about it not quite right...(no rolls required, just time)


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 64 [--][-55]
Annie: Hits: 52 [-16]
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 2/3

AC: 27 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

Stelle skewers the mummified lynx, and falls backwards onto her patookie.

"Ugh!" she says, weakly standing back up and shaking the lance furiously to rid it of the sticking mummified feline. "On second thought, Mummia doesn't do a thing for anyone. It's all a hoax."

She she removes the amulet of Natural Armor +1, walks over to Nidhi and holds it out to her. "Here, you should wear this. It's not the prettiest thing, but it should make it harder for them to hit you."

Florence wrote:
"Is everyone okay? Stelle? You don't look so good,"

"No, I uh, don't -- I imagine," Stelle watches while Florence heals everyone else with the wand.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

CL vs. Nidhi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
CL vs. Nidhi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"That's...weird? Why won't it work?" Florence says, stopping short when her efforts to heal Nidhi seem to have little effect. "It worked fine for everyone else..."

Having not forgotten that Stelle is in the worst shape of them all, Florence walks over to Zilchus and borrows the heftier healing wand. "Hold on, I need to borrow this for a minute," she remarks before seeing if the wand will work on Stelle...

CMW (Stelle): 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 6) + 5 = 19
CMW (Stelle): 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 = 14
CMW (Stelle): 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 5 = 9
CMW (Stelle): 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 8) + 5 = 17

...which it seems to do. "Hey Ben! Uh, you look pretty hurt but I also want to test something," she calls out to Ben, beckoning him to return to the floor for a moment.

CMW (Ben): 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14
CMW (Ben): 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 8) + 5 = 16

And the wand seems to work on Ben, as well. "Okay, so that worked..." Florence muses, turning now to Annie. "Hold really still, okay?"

CL vs. Annie (DC 20): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

"...okay, something else is going on here," Florence scowls. "Stelle, may I look Annie over?" Assuming that permission is given, Florence does a fairly thorough examination of both Annie and Nidhi, attempting to figure out what's going on.

Heal (Annie): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Heal (Nidhi): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
________

Adjust charges on the CMW wand as necessary. Does it still consume charges if the CL check is failed?


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle looks somewhat alarmed to see that the wand does not work on Anubis. She cradles the dog's head in her hands and looks around his eyes.

"Yes, Florence, please -- of course!"

AidHealonAnnie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 +4 to Florence's Heal check if successful
AidHealonNidhi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 +4 to Florence's Heal check if successful


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Anubis wags his tail furiously as the Florence and Stelle look him over.
Ooh! Ladies! I'm a lady magnet! Look at me, being fussed over! I'm irresistable!


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben flies down for a moment, giving Florence a quizzical look as he speaks of trying something on him. The scholar gives he his perplexed look, but in his eyes there is also curiosity mixed with trust. When Florence heals his wounds, Benedictus smiles. "Wow, that was great. Thank, Flo!" The scholar takes a look around and sees that Ptolomy has been cured too.

"Thank you, miss Florence!" says the faerie dragons with a flourish as he perches on the young woman's shoulder and brushes his mouth on her cheek, before getting back close to the ceiling together with Ben.

"Good, now we need to study the fresco. I'm sorry guys, I know you do not enjoy studying and this looks like a conspiracy in my favor, but I ensure you that we will greatly benefit from our discoveries here, so...let's get to work!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Yes Florence, the charges are spent whether they worked or not in this case. Extra frustrating...

Heal DC 16 and close examination of Nidhi or Annie:
This is a particularly nasty curse/disease the two seem to be suffering under. The disease will do strength and wisdom damage once a day and will begin in just an hour or two from the bite. Any healing spell must overcome a DC 20 caster level check or fail. However, the disease cannot be cured naturally, or magically, until the curse is first lifted - then the disease may be cured normally.

The clock is ticking!
- - -


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

So Florence's second heal works but not the first?

"Ben? BEN?! Aren't you worried about your companion - ME, Nidhi?!" Nidhi moves over to Annie and wraps both arms around the hound's neck for a hug. "I have been given the curse of the werecat! I may not have much longer to live!" Nidhi rubs her face in Annie's fur. Mmm, I love doggies.

Nidhi retracts her arms from around Annie's warm, furry body and stands. "I want to go to the Church to have myself looked over... Unless one of your can cure me?" Nidhi tilts her head and places a hand on her hip. "Remember: one of the assassins escaped and he'll probably focus me because I insulted him." Heh, but it was worth it. Nidhi smirks to herself, remembering their first encounter.

"Anyways, I'm fine spending some time examining this ceiling but let's save enough time to get me examined."

Perception (real ceiling): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

I believe Flo succeeds on both checks, especially with Stelle's help - thanks!
________

Florence smiles absently at Ptolomy, giving him a friendly pat on the head before he flies to rejoin Ben; she appreciated the thanks but her attention was now largely focused on Nidhi and Annie's mysterious resistance to healing magic. After quite a bit of checking of eyes, ears, tongues, etc. - though it does go a bit quicker with Stelle's help - Florence looks up at the group with a troubled expression.

"Nidhi, you're actually a little more right than you might think," she sighs. "It's not...it's not a werecat curse, but it is a curse, wrapped up together with a disease that'll sap your strength and...and common sense, I guess you could say. The curse seems to make the bearer resistant to any attempts to heal or overcome it and the disease can't be treated until the curse is broken - what a nasty thing to do to someone," Florence explains, shaking her head. "And the damage will start to show itself soon, usually within a few hours of being bitten."

"If I remember right, we already have scrolls to make one attempt here and now, to cure one of you." Here, Florence hangs her head, unable to look Annie or Stelle in the eyes. "Um, Stelle? I think...I think we should use them on Nidhi and then see if we can take Annie to the temple for treatment..."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Yes, of course, that makes the most sense," Stelle agrees, putting the harness on Anubis in case he starts acting unexpectedly.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi blinks. "Oh. So... You just... read the scroll and, like, poof? " Nidhi makes an explosion gesture with her hands. Similar to the time Nidhi first used a wand of healing, Nidhi seems to not understand how scrolls work.

Nidhi attempts to cast Good Hope on everybody, which will aid with her remove curse check(?) Nidhi also begins to fill the dome with her lyrical voice, her singing resounding through the room. "Alright, let's kumbaya this curse! Everyone assist Florence!" Nidhi encourages her companions.

With Good Hope, Inspire Courage, and Inspire Competence, the entire party benefits from a +2 morale bonus and a +3 competence bonus for a total of +5 to their skill checks.

Spell Concentration (?) Good Hope: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Spell Concentration (?) Inspire Courage: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Does Nidhi need to roll for these or does the curse just effect healing?

Good Hope, IC, IC Spell Explanations:
Good Hope: This spell instills powerful hope in the subjects. Each affected creature gains a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls. PRD Source

Inspire Courage: An affected ally receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. PRD Source

Inspire Competence: Help an ally succeed at a task. That ally must be within 30 feet and be able to hear the bard. The ally gets a +2 competence bonus on skill checks with a particular skill as long as she continues to hear the bard's performance. This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels the bard has attained beyond 3rd (+3 at 7th) PRD Source

Nidhi Spell Tally:
2/28 Inspire Courage
1st Level Spells Used: none yet
2nd Level Spells Used: Cure Moderate Wounds (self), Cure Moderate Wounds (self
3rd Level Spells Used: Good Hope (party)


"Uh..wai-..nevermind..." Zilchus watches the healing orgy with mixed feelings. In reality, he should have offered to share the divine spark of the Great Crocodile again, but in this weird fantasy, he was to preoccupied elsewhere and now that the crazytrain was leaving the station, it was too late to buy a ticket.

Looks like 6 charges of the wand of CMW. We're going to need another of these soon.

"Let's remember to buy another scroll of that when we get back. If it doesn't work, I'll see if the Great Crocodile can fix it in the morning. He seems to like Nidhi..." Zilchus offers.

He stands back while Flo prepares to cast, making the traditional chomping holy gesture preferred by the favored of Sobek as a blessing and gesture of good will.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Okay...first, let's see if we can remove the curse," Florence muses, now talking to herself more than anything as she begins reading from the scroll...

Remove Curse CL Check (Scroll): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

...and if it seems successful, she moves on to the removal of the disease.

"...and now, the next one..."

Remove Disease CL Check (Scroll): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
________

I think I got the CL of the scrolls right but if I didn't, please adjust Flo's results as necessary. I'm also not sure how Nidhi's efforts will affect the results (I know IC won't help here, not sure about Inspire Competence, and Good Hope maybe?) so adjust for those as necessary, if necessary.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Both of Florences heal skill checks were successful, but the healing she did with the wands did not work on Nidhi or Annie.

Nidhi, While your spells and abilities are quite helpful most of the time, caster level checks are a different animal all together, and don’t benefit from your support. That said, I do not like, at all, caster level checks to overcome disease/curse/poison in most cases. It’s just another way to drain resources from the party unless there’s a time factor. So, in most cases, I won’t require caster level checks, or they’ll automatically work. In some cases I will require it, but I’ll let you know when that happens.

Florence brings out the scrolls, and summons forth the latent power within. Nidhi immediately feels a little better (though she hadn’t started feeling poorly quite yet).

The party begins examining the ceiling…

By studying the fresco painted on the true dome of the rotunda for a couple hours, you learn that Chisisek’s tomb, sealed with his double hieroglyph of an owl inside a house, is said to be located “across two bridges, where the sphinxes ponder the crook, the scarab, and the sun.” Some of you recognize this as a reference to the area between the Crook and Scarab rivers and the Pillars of the Sun mountains - a desert region to the southwest of Tephu called the Parched Dunes (map) - though the tomb’s exact location is not pinpointed.

The geometric shapes on the fresco appear to be far more than just design elements however - they represent a fantastic weapon of vast size used against winged cities populated with strange figures bearing weapons that launch black fire. It seems to be another reference to the ancient culture of the Shory.

However, in that time, poor Anubis-Ka starts to feel quite sick… It comes on fairly quickly, and is devastating in its effect.
Annie: strength damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 wisdom damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Lesser Restoration is one of the spells that falls under the Caster Level check requirements of the curse as well (anything in the conjuration(healing) school).

It is mid-afternoon on Oathday, Erastus 3, 4714.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Sorry, no. Stelle doesn't wait to find out about the ceiling.

Florence wrote:
"And the damage will start to show itself soon, usually within a few hours of being bitten."

"Here," says Stelle, approaching the renewed Nidhi offering her the Amulet of Natural Armor +1. "Take this. It's not the prettiest thing, but it should make it harder for enemies to hit you."

She turns to the party.
"I'm going to go and take Annie to the temple of Nethys to get the curse removed, then the disease."

She leads Anubis out of the library back to the Temple.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"The Parched Dunes, eh? Hmm, interesting! And frightening, and the same time..."

Knowledge (history) check: Tales of the Parched Dunes: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34
Knowledge (local) check: The Parched Dunes: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37
Knowledge (nature) check: Flora and Fauna and Morphology of the Parched Dunes: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30

Ben is amazed at the discovery, and for a while, he does not join in whatever conversation the party is having on its way back to the city. All of a sudden, however, he speaks up. "We should prepare to leave as soon as possibile. I don't know why, but I've got this sense of urgency, like my sixth sense telling me that we need to see those Parched Dunes as soon as possible," Ben explains, as the group walks toward wherever the others have decided. "But it is going to be a challenging journey. The desert and its many threats awaits us, and we should be prepared to face its dangers. I am aware of the existance of several items specifically designed to improve survavibility in the desert. You see, I've studied this things when I was a boy because my natural parts were desert travelers, apparently, and I have always knew that this moment would come so..." Ben pulls out his journal from his backpack and starts to scribble down some notes as he walks, barely watching his feet.

"Hmm...So...We could buy a few sun creams, if we fear the hot weather. With the right materials and with enough time, I could craft a few myself, I think. Flo, I happen to have the recipe for this, should you need it. Anyway, let's move on. If any of you plans to wear heavy armor during the travel, I suggest to implement some armor vents. And salt tablets, of course. I know many of you can create magic water but who knows? Perhaps we stumble across an area where magic is negated!" As it is clear from his tone, Ben is thinking about the journey as a fabled adventure.
____________
As a player, I know that most of the items above are quite useless at our levels. But as Ben, I guess that would make great sense to suggest this buy-list, taken from People of the Sands!


Zilchus sits back down again after initially being torn about accompanying Stelle and Annie to the temple versus staying to guard Ben, Flo, and Nidhi. He stays behind because they require more help and Stelle seems able to handle trouble on her own.

He lays back, confident that there would be no more falling ceilings and kitties.

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"We should prepare to leave as soon as possibile. I don't know why..."

Zilchus sits up, confused by the statement.

"Why do we need to go at all, Ben? What do you think is going to happen anytime soon?" Zilchus looks for explanation.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben gives Zilchus an "are you kidding me?" look for a moment, before he realizes his friend could have indeed missed some of the details. His students at the university thought Professor West Dickens's lessons were quite hard indeed, due to the Professor not understanding that his auditorium was not entirely composed of renowned Osirionologist. Ben smiles at the thought and calmly explains the situation. "Because Chisisek’s tomb is there, of course. Until now, he is our best lead to the Sky Pharaoh. Although you question is a thoughtful one, indeed. Why should we delve into this any further? I mean, why should we care to disturb the dead? We have the mask, and we know that it is likely to be a part of the Sky Pharaoh's soul, and that without it his soul cannot rest in peace. But we also know that we might cause a tragedy in attempting to reunite the fragments of the Pharaoh's soul, so...Effectively, I don't know why we are pressing forward so hard," Ben confesses. "Perhaps it is just because I don't want this to be over and lose your company..., he admits in a whisper, looking at Florence with particular intensity, but also to the others, in turn.

"What do you guys think? What should we do next?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

I don't think any of us should travel alone

Nidhi leaves with Stelle and Annie to seek out treatment for Annie. "Wait up, Stelle! I'll come too. I feel bad about using the only scroll."

Nidhi casts Disguise on herself. Nidhi makes herself look like an aging halfling. Grey-haired with well-worn adventuring clothes. Taking 30 "Alright, whippersnapper, let's hit the road," Nidhi comments in her best scratchy voice. "I'm not the spring chicken I used to be, but this old lady's good haggler."

Perception (roofs and alleyway entrances): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

NIdhi's Spell Tally:
2/28 Inspire Courage
1st Level Spells Used: Disguise (self)
2nd Level Spells Used: Cure Moderate Wounds (self), Cure Moderate Wounds (self
3rd Level Spells Used: Good Hope (party)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle heads back out into the streets in search of healing and an aging Nidhi joins her.

The ladies make their way to the old city and the high church of Nethys - a short trip from your current location and one without incident. When you explain your predicament to the temple priests, they quickly mobilize a priestess who casts the necessary spells in the necessary order. At the end of the relatively quick process, she seems satisfied (after a careful and close examination of Annie) that he’s not carrying any further vermin. And the small flea infestation that was just starting to take root is also resolved!

150gp for the remove curse + 150gp for remove disease = 300gp I’ll remove it from the group funds as usual.

Please note: There are a number of things on the treasure sheet to sell, and a few unknowns. Let me know if you want to keep/sell anything and I’ll prepare a divvy.

Don’t forget, along with this lead, you also have a lead regarding the heart in Azghaad’s Spire in distant Sothis which you have not followed up as yet. You could talk to the priests of Nethys and/or librarians in Tephu for more information.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence watches Nidhi, Stelle, and Annie head back out with a mixture of regret and understanding. She wished she could've done more right away to help the brave canine and she really couldn't blame Stelle for not waiting around while they studied the fresco - if it were Bynx, Florence knew she'd be off doing the same thing.
________

"Well...we still have the bit about Azghaad's Spire we could follow up on too," Florence points out some time later. "I think we need to follow up on every lead - not because I want to venture out into the desert or anything but because we clearly can't destroy the mask ourselves and we can't keep carrying it around forever. Sure, we could try hiding it somewhere but where? There'd be no guarantee that it'd never be found again."

Florence shrugs. "So it seems to me that at the very least we need to keep following the trail so we can figure out how to get rid of the mask for good. But we don't have to rush out into the desert - or to Sothis - right away. Come on, I bet someone in the Nethys temple or the libraries might know something more!"
________

Assuming at least some or all of the party is agreeable to heading back to the Grand Library right away (or relatively soon after heading back out into the light of day), Florence leads the way and wastes no time accosting the nearest helpful-looking librarian once they're there.

"Excuse me, hi! Do you have a few minutes to talk about Azghaad's Spire?" she asks brightly. "We've heard tales about it but haven't ever been to see it ourselves. It sounds like a major historical site, though! Would it be worth the trip?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Oh! Florence -- my father Smenk-Ka-Re works here. Let's ask him!"

DiploAssist: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 +4 to Florence's check if successful.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi drops her disguise and poses in her dark red robe - which, as her grandmother had explained, hides blood a lot better than Nidhi's white cloak did. (Although the maroon robe was not custom made for Nidhi's form.) The various gold and lapis lazuli bracelets clink together with Nidhi's movement. Her onyx and silver holy symbol of Pharasma sways slightly at her middle. Nidhi coaxes: "Oh, I'm sure it's worth the trip!" Nidhi props an elbow on the front counter, her chin in her palm. Nidhi's emerald green eyes gaze out from the mask at whichever curator Florence addresses. "No need to be coy, beautiful. Why don't you use that alluring voice of yours to tell us about Azghaad's Spire?" Is anyone else hungry? I'm getting hungry. Nidhi reaches behind the mask to scratch her earlobe. ...This Spire place better not be a library.

Diplomacy (assist): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus knows much about the Parched Dunes.

This vast expanse of uncharted desert is among the least hospitable regions of the Osirian Desert, and Osirion on the whole. Few caravans venture into the dunes, for the girtablilus, maftets, and drakes that call the region home are vicious, and there is little on the other side worth flirting with their wrath.

To find Chisisek’s tomb, you must explore the southern reaches of the Parched Dunes, which primarily consist of rocky desert and sand flats, but also incorporate badlands, hills, and sand dunes.

Temperatures in the Parched Dunes fluctuate between very hot (above 90° F) and severe heat (above 110° F) during the day. That’s very bad, and will result in many rolls for damage as per the heat dangers rules (link) if you go out unprotected.

There are few tales of the Parched Dunes. Little happens there as a rule owing to the nature of it’s blasted heat and lack of landmarks.

An hour’s research in the library, mostly chatting with Stelle’s father, Smenk-ka-re, who works as a research curator and knows much about Azghaad’s Spire, reveals the following.

Situated opposite the High Temple of Pharasma on Sothis’s skyline stands the grand temple of Nethys and Azghaad’s Spire. The complex is constructed as a series of concentric, circular temples granting access to devoted adherents of Pharaoh Azghaad the All-Seeing, with the inner circles restricted to Nethys’s priesthood alone. From within the temple’s innermost sanctum, a great veinstone obelisk rises up to the sky, equal to but not above the height of its sister temple of Pharasma.

Though named for the first of Osirion’s dynastic pharaohs, the massive spire is a relatively recent construction, or rather, reconstruction. The original obelisk, an ancient monument to the city’s legendary founding, was defaced and eventually demolished following the Qadiran invasion in 1532ar, as the conquerors disliked its ties to the legacy of Osirion’s first pharaoh and his dynastic successors. In 4620ar it was rebuilt by High Theurgist Malika Azdari to an even greater height, with the very top of its spire crowned by a capstone of curious, amber-colored desert glass. According to rumor, the capstone is nothing less than the top of Azghaad’s royal tomb, the rest of that building supposedly since lost to time and the devouring desert sands. If true, it would suggest that the priests of Nethys have or recently had knowledge of the actual location of the first pharaoh’s pyramid.

With the opening of the deserts to foreign exploration and excavation, the priests have faced a flood of questions about the spire and its capstone. To date they have remained silent, continuing their policy of allowing access to the spire only to their priests, but it is rumored that the clergy may seek to sponsor expeditions to the lost tomb, so long as they remain firmly in control of what they consider one of their religion’s most holy locations.

You also learn another vital piece of information, stuck in one of the books Smenk produces for you. The note says that a priestess of Nethys named Serethet discovered something beneath Azghaad’s Spire in Sothis not long ago but vanished soon after. The note is undated but is clearly recent. This is merely an unconnected event in the eyes of the librarians, who know nothing of the Cult of the Forgotten Pharaoh.

As an aside, Smenk-ka-re, is very pleased to see his favorite daughter doing so well, and he says so, to her likely embarrassment.


Zilchus tries to square himself with everything that Ben has revealed and explained, along with the tidbits he and others have uncovered.

He looks at Flo.

"You know, Flo? That's a good point. Checking out Azghaad's Spire before we go traipsing out to the desert is a good idea," Zilchus says, but not wanting to rebuff the urgency of Ben's words.

He gets up and claps the dust of his hands, then wipes his hands on his armor.

"Ben? Are we done here? Might be that we clean up and get out. We've made quite the mess of this place and don't want to be around when whomever set up this library of horrors comes back to see how much we trashed the place," Zilchus begins to pack up anything of value.

"Let's go sell the stuff we've found, buy some replacement scrolls, and then head for dinner. Then we'll do some research into Azghaad's Spire, right?"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

At first, the wave of information poured into Ben’s mind about Azghaad’s Spire confuse the scholar, but as with minutes pass and he has the chance to ponder more carefully everything, the Osirionologist ends up nodding to Zilchus and agreeing with Florence. “Although counterintuitive, I think the Azghaad’s Spire should be our next destination. We have a lot of clues pointing us there, and there is something in particular that I believe we should take advantage of—I mean that rumor about the clergy seeking to sponsor expeditions to the lost tomb of the first pharaoh. We may well be the group to get the assignment. We have slowly but steadily built a reputation, and our past exploits should guarantee for our honesty.

There is something unspoken in Ben’s discourse, words apparently left unspoken. They surface pretty soon, however. “Still, I wonder why we are doing this. I keep asking myself this question, and the only answer I have now is that I do this because I have decided to embrace the career of an adventure, to earn a living as an explorer, and this seems just like the perfect opportunity for an adventurer. And besides, I would not stand the idea of losing you…,” he says, looking at all the components of the group. “We have slowly built not only a reputation, but also relationships. And yes, if any of you wants to go to this spire, I’m coming. Let’s pack our things and prepare for the travel, for it will be a long journey to Sothis.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi tilts her head, "So the Azghaad's Spire is in Sothis. You know, I've never been there. Too busy helping Grandmother and whatnot." I'm excited to see the Temple of Pharasma and pay homage.

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
“Still, I wonder why we are doing this. I keep asking myself this question, and the only answer I have now is that I do this because I have decided to embrace the career of an adventure, to earn a living as an explorer, and this seems just like the perfect opportunity for an adventurer. And besides, I would not stand the idea of losing you…,” he says, looking at all the components of the group. “We have slowly built not only a reputation, but also relationships. And yes, if any of you wants to go to this spire, I’m coming. Let’s pack our things and prepare for the travel, for it will be a long journey to Sothis.”

Nidhi crosses her arms over her chest, "oh. Well, I'm still here because I refuse to let you all hog all the fame and glory... Plus I'm a Wati native. I can't let anything happen to my home." Nidhi tilts her head and places a hand on her hip, "but, of course, I would be upset if anything happened to you all as well." Nidhi doesn't let her words get mushy. Instead, she moves on to a different topic.

"So packing up is fine and all, but how are we going to get there? I vote buying a barge and cruising down the River Sphinx." Nidhi raises her hand like it's a democratic vote. "Just think: a cloth tarp to keep us cool, pillows for sitting, pinups of Wati's finest soldiers, good food and drink." Nidhi nods to herself and strokes her chin, "yes, a lot more comfortable than riding camels or walking. I mean, I love a good stroll but that's too much even for me."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Zilchus wrote:
"Ben? Are we done here? Might be that we clean up and get out. We've made quite the mess of this place and don't want to be around when whomever set up this library of horrors comes back to see how much we trashed the place,"

"Oh, this should help a bit, but we should clear out before the dust overwhelms us," says Stelle, preparing to wind up the Servant Robot.

~~~

Nidhi wrote:
"So packing up is fine and all, but how are we going to get there? I vote buying a barge and cruising down the River Sphinx."

"How expensive would that be?! Probably no more expensive than a camel train. I can handle my own beast, but I'm not sure about a whole train. Camels pull caravans, right? If we had a caravan, I know of a banner we could use with it, and if I recall -- it's not too expensive."

She turns to her father. "Father, what's the best way to Sothis?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Just to be clear, it’ll be a few weeks to Sothis by barge or camel caravan. Smenk-ka-re breaks out a map and points out some roads that more or less parallel the river. There are advantages and disadvantages to both methods but the pace is about the same due to terrain issues and water flow.

However, the object under Azghaad’s Spire is no longer there according to your information. I don’t want there to be any confusion caused by some general boxed text - the lead in Sothis, seems to you to be the missing Nethy’s priest Serethet, who may have Hakotep’s heart.

That said, the desert will be a problem too…

The party gathers up their things and head’s back to Purusha’s for dinner and discussion.

Last call on the treasure sheet. There are some powerful things still unaccounted for, including a bag of holding, potions of healing, etc. I’ll go ahead and prep ‘em for sale if you like - though you’ll likely want to stop at Abdur’s for selling and buying.


GM Euan wrote:
Last call on the treasure sheet. There are some powerful things still unaccounted for, including a bag of holding, potions of healing, etc. I’ll go ahead and prep ‘em for sale if you like - though you’ll likely want to stop at Abdur’s for selling and buying.

Zilchus will put the scroll of Heal in Florence's hands with a serious look that says 'I hope you never have to use this on me.'

Zilchus doesn't want the Bag of Holding, but thinks someone should should grab it if they want it. Zilchus will do some shopping before Sothis, but it should be minor.

* * *

Of the two methods of getting to Sothis, Zilchus clearly prefers the waterway...because crocodiles, obviously. If he's going to be bored out of his gourd, he would prefer being drunk on a barge to being bored and bumped and bounced on the back of a camel in the hot sun. He aspires to Nidhi's vision of the trip, rather than the dusty, ill-tempered camel approach.

"...so the barge it is, right?" Zilchus thinks the party has agreement on plan, somewhat.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"The banner, should we procure it, will work on the barge, should we need it," offers Stelle. "I'm fine with the barge, I personally just find it easier to deal with ill-tempered Camels than ill-tempered Crocodiles."

Stelle ponders for a moment.

"But, didn't we learn at the Library that 'a priestess of Nethys named Serethet discovered something beneath Azghaad’s Spire in Sothis not long ago, but vanished soon after'? If it's not there anymore, shouldn't we be looking for this Serethet? What do we know about the Cult of the Forgotten Pharaoh? Are they even centered in Sothis?"

Stelle will want to pick up the banner before leaving for where ever.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Ehh... I want to get Nidhi a flying carpet eventually. I don't want to be too greedy. I think Nidhi's already up there on gold with the mask and then the thieves tools (although those are more for the party's benefit)


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Oh -- also, may I please have that scroll of Phantom Chariot?" Stelle asks, taking the scroll of Phantom Chariot.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

I am a bit confused as a player about where and what we should go now. I thought desert, then Sothis, now I feel like we should go desert again, but it is quite hard to motivate such change of ideas in character.

"Stelle is in fact right too, I must admit. Besides, the parched dunes are closer to where we are than Sothis. And I still cannot think of a reason why we are doing this. We have this mask, and an evil cult which is trying to kill us to get it. And what do we do, of all things? We bring the mask where the cult has probably already been, or where it is likely headed next? I know, I feel this urge to do something too, because this mask somehow became our responsibility, but I can't help but think that we should just...you know...create a demiplane with the help of a powerful scroll of some sort and just leave the mask there and move forward with our lives. But at the same time I know that there is an evil cult out there which is after this mask, and perhaps we should stop them, but how? By bringing the mask closer to me? By avoiding them? Or by following in their footsteps, all the while giving them the chance to send waves of assassins to kill us? I...I'm just confused. We have performed a lot of research, and learned a lot of interesting things, but I feel like this is something greater than us..."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sorry Benedictus. The AP sort of leaves the door to Sothis wide open and I didn't do enough to show you someone already slipped through it. :) If it helps, the Parched Dunes are in the direction of Sothis if a little out of the way.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
" We have performed a lot of research, and learned a lot of interesting things, but I feel like this is something greater than us..."

Zilchus listens as Ben's confusion mirrors his own, but just in a much more clear and concise manner. Zilchus' thoughts range from destroying the mask to going to Sothis to melting the mask in a volcano to going to the Calistrian Brothel. Heck, he might see if Stelle would want to come if Ben wouldn't.

"You know what, Ben? You know what!?" Zilchus shouts angrily at himself, then Ben. "You know what? I'm tired of discussing this. I think we're going to the piddlespotting dunes to punch them piddlespotters right in the nose." Zilchus rages against some 'them' that's he's not even sure exists. "I'm tired of not knowing. We should go out there and see what is there in Chisiek's Tomb. And then we punch whomever is there in the nose with my sword! And Annie's teeth. And Stelle's lance. And Ben's angry, weird, frustrated words."

Zilchus seems fired up about this, even though it means trekking through the desert.

"I'm gunna dig up Chisiek and strangle him with my holy symbol, I am."

Zilchus looks around at the party.

"Now who is coming with me. Tomorrow morning. I'm going. You can get on the Zilchus train or not. I'm gunna give Chisiek and whatever cult is there, if any, a big piece of the Crocodile's tooth, I tell you."

Zilchus begins preparations to into the desert. He buys a pack camel for his supplies (mostly food and applejack, trusting the Great Crocodile to provide the water) for the trip.

Shopping list in the OOC to come.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Choo Choo! All aboard the plot train.

Nidhi starts to get pumped up by Zilchus' words, quickly falling into the "mob effect." "Yeah! Who is this - Chisiek - person and who does he think he is? Yeah, Zilchus! Punch Chisiek in the face! Do it! I'll hold him down for you!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party makes their plans but as it’s already supper, there’s not much time tonight to go shopping, and no good contacts. Your best bet is to take the morning ferry to Abdur, shop and plan during the day, and takes the evening ferry back to Tephu. You can then depart the following morning.

To move things along a bit then, you spend a not unpleasant night in Tephu as images of a hot desert dance in your head. The heat is going to be quite literally unbearable. You ride the cool morning ferry to Wati, the morning breezes strong in your face as you travel northwest. You arrive in Wati with most of the day before you, and Abdur is, you expect, at Milki as usual.

- - -

There are three potions of Cure Serious Wounds. I’m going to go ahead and push those to Abdur, along with the other gear to sell if there is no opposition. Any other group purchases before I make a distribution?

In addition to a few things you’ve already paid for, you’re getting two scrolls of remove curse and disease, and three CLW wands. Anything else for the group?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Though Florence is a bit confused as to how you'd effectively punch someone with a sword and what-in-the-world-is-a-train, she's happy that they've finally got a direction to go in - and that Zilchus finally seems on board with following the mask business to the end, whatever it might be.

During the ride back to Wati on the ferry the next morning, she tries to help mull over the things they'll need for a trip into the desert. "Okay so...we're in agreement on more healing wands and some more scrolls...and Ben had some good ideas too, if I remember correctly," she muses. "We'll want proper clothing for the trip but I think between half of us being locals and the other half having plenty of magic and money, that won't be an issue. But I've heard that there's some magics that'll help protect you from the environment - to a point. Really hot, really cold, it won't matter as long as it's in effect. Maybe we should look into that too?"

4,451 to 4,500 of 8,304 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.