GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,501 to 4,550 of 8,548 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Zilchus wrote:
"You can get on the Zilchus train or not."

"I'll go with you Zilchus, but I'd rather we all get on the Phantom Chariot." She walks over to Benedictus.

"Can you learn this?" she says, holding out the scroll of Phantom Chariot.

"With a Sashimono of Comfort, we should arrive on any mode of transport comfortably. The Chariot will take us there most expeditiously."


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Oh...that's a lot better of an idea than buying a wand," Florence grins once Stelle explains a little about what the Sashimono is and what it can do. "Assuming Abdur has one or knows someone that has one, I mean! But even if we do find one, we'd have to stay pretty close to it if we had to stop and get off our ghost chariot or wagon or camels or whatever, right? So...it still might be a good idea to have a wand for emergencies, even just a partial wand."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
Your best bet is to take the morning ferry to Abdur, shop and plan during the day, and takes the evening ferry back to Tephu. You can then depart the following morning.

I had no idea Stelle was so resourceful. Nidhi stands with a hand on her hip and her head tilted. "I follow you anywhere, Stelle. Especially with great ideas like that." Nidhi gives one of her classic bardic smiles but it's hidden behind her mask. "I'll help you with your shopping. I know a thing or two about fabrics from working in Grandmother's shop." Nidhi pauses, should I visit Grandmother? ...maybe not. We won't have much time. Nidhi contemplates visiting her grandmother but decides against it. I don't have much to tell her anyway. Nidhi flinches, besides bleeding all over this cloak. I don't know if I'm ready for another lecture.

That evening, Nidhi performs at the tavern after their meal, but goes to bed at a reasonable hour.

Perform (Sing): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Nidhi rises early with the sun in the morning and is eager to board the ferry back to Wati. "Ahh, feel the morning sun on your face? The breeze of the ferry? Isn't this wonderful?" Nidhi doesn't wait for a response. She looks around, "hey, where's Ben? He puking again?"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"I don't share you enthusiasm, Zilchus, and I am still confused. A lot of questions floating in my mind. For the first time, I feel like we do not have a mission. Our fate in entirely up to us, and as it turns out, freedom can be its own nemesis."

Benedictus takes a few hours to reflect, pondering the different solutions and options. Eventually, he goes back to the others and announces. "I've got no better plan. To the Parched Dunes then, but please, be careful with the mask, Nidhi. If we lose it, then we may be in real trouble."

***

"Of course I can, Stelle. But I will need time, and expansive inks," specifies Benedictus. "But the chariot will drain a huge deal of my arcane resources."

160 gp are needed to copy the spell into my spellbook. Can we add those to the party's purchases? Ben will automatically succeed on all the checks needed to copy the spell into his spellbook.

***

"So back to Wati, uhm?" Ben follows the others, feeling more like a marionette than a free-willing humanoid. He stays so silent throughout the trip that Nidhi assumes he's puking again, at which comment Ben answers with a simple "No, I'm not." The scholar feels clearly apathic, and needs something or someone to cheer him up.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi makes the cool evening even more pleasurable as you relax from the rigors of the day.

The next morning, the party makes their way to Milki, where Abdur is busy telling stories to the few shoppers, and many employees in his shop. When he sees you, he breaks off, ”My friends! Come, come, I am just telling old war stories, but I’m sure you have much more interesting tales - many of which should remain private eh?” he chuckles, winking at a young man in his audience.

”But let us not tarry, I see your packs are bulging and you have eyes for some of my wares. Come, let us practice our trade.” He leads you to the back room and examines the gear you bring to sell, and gathers what he can of what you wish to buy.

Party Divvy!
Everyone in the party please collect 2,270gp each from the stuff you just sold. You also bought, as a group, spell casting services, potion Remove Curse, Scroll of Remove Curse & Remove Disease, 2 scrolls of Remove Curse and Disease for future use, CLW Wand x3, Sashimono of Comfort, rare Inks for Benedictus’ spell, and an Endure Elements wand. Please track those carefully on your individual sheets.

Abdur is able to lay his hands on what you require, though some of it will take most of the day, you’ll still make the evening ferry without difficulty - though individual purchases may yet delay that…


Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"I don't share you enthusiasm, Zilchus, and I am still confused."

Zilchus nods, equally confused, but not caring as much about it...he has a plan of action and will be doing that. Once a person has a plan, then there is no more confusion: you have a plan. It fixes everything, even if the plan is awful, misguided, and more than somewhat happenstance. It would be better than nothing.

"Yeah, so...can you get them magic chariots to work? Or should we buy camels? I'm gunna need two."

* * *

Abdur wrote:
”But let us not tarry, I see your packs are bulging and you have eyes for some of my wares. Come, let us practice our trade.”

Zilchus smiles deferentially to Abdur. "Ah! You are in a good mood! That is good. We have much to discuss...and buy! Let me explain what we are up to..." Zilchus will give broad outlines of what is going on (not too loudly) but enough to scope out what Zilchus will need in preparing for the trip.

Zilchus will try to purchase some additional supplies and store them in the group bag of holding II.

"...and so I may not be back for a while. It's hot where we are going and well, might be dangerous."


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Morning Ferry to Wati

During the ride to Wati the next morning Florence is surprised to see that Ben seems less his normal, enthusiastic self. Pretty sure that he's not lying about the motion-sickness, she sidles up to him as he sits and aimlessly watches the scenery pass by.

"Copper for your thoughts?" she asks quietly.
________

A Bit Later, at Milki

Pleased to see that they'd managed to earn enough to really stock up for their trip into the desert, Florence once more lingers near the counter to catch Abdur's eye.

"Abdur, I think I still owe you um...2,000 or so gold, right? Let me pay back the rest of that now, because we've got a long a trip ahead and as Zilchus said, we may not be back for awhile," Florence explains.

If ever...

"Or if you're going to insist you can wait, at least let me do 1,500 okay?"


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben smiles at Florence. "Please, take a seat," he offers, making room for her next to him. His eyes aimlessly wandering over the water, Ben speaks in a hushed tone, as though trying not to allow his thoughts to get bigger and more dangerous by giving them verbal substistence. “I am worried about a lot of things. And I had no doubt you would notice.” The scholar takes her hand, finding it almost instinctively, without even needing to look at it. He holds it for a few seconds, than he gradually releases his grasp. “What we are doing…is dangerous. I have seen it. Neither in my dreams, nor in my visions, but in my heart. I feel we are getting ourselves into something treacherous. Countless hours I have spent thinking about all the possible outcomes, calculating every chance that something could go wrong, and in the vast majority of cases the mask causes our death.” At this point, Ben finally turns his head and looks Florence in the eye. “Only a few weeks ago, I would not worry about this, because I had nothing to lose. But now, now I feel like for the first time in my life Desna has smiled upon me, Shelyn has bestowed her grace on me, and they gave me you. A life with you, or perhaps I should say the idea of a life with you is not something I would lose as easily. But I know that we must fight, that our future may depend on this nonetheless. That if I want Golarion to be a place where to live in the future, we need to thwart the evil plot of this dark cult, and only we have the knowledge to do so. And so I will fight, and give my life in the process if needed. It is just that now my life is much more dear to me, because of you….” With that said, Ben caresses Florence’s cheek and sighs. “Let’s just try to stay alive, OK? I trust in us. We will prevail.

***

"I can make them work, yes. I learned the spell during our journey, I just need to copy it down in my spellbook," Ben answers to Zilchus with a grin. "A boring spell, but it will save us many worries. And we should thank Stelle for that." At this point, Ben looks in the halfling's direction and smiles. "I didn't know you had such a deep knowledge of spellcraft, Stelle. This is a rather rare spell indeed, I really respect that!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Florence wrote:
"But even if we do find one, we'd have to stay pretty close to it if we had to stop and get off our ghost chariot or wagon or camels or whatever, right? So...it still might be a good idea to have a wand for emergencies, even just a partial wand."

"Yes, agreed. There is another banner we could place in the ground that does the same thing while we would be camping, but I don't quite have enough for that just yet. I was hoping things would be most tolerable in the desert at dusk and night. Either way, having a backup wand is a great idea."

~~~

Nidhi wrote:
"I'll help you with your shopping. I know a thing or two about fabrics from working in Grandmother's shop."

"Oh! Do you think she still has black silk one -- the one with the bluish Orchids? The pre-made Sashimono always comes with pink Orchids on a green background! It just seems so ordinary."

Benedictus wrote:
The scholar feels clearly apathic, and needs something or someone to cheer him up.

With Annie at her feet at the far side of the ferry, Stelle raises a curious eyebrow at Ben as he broods over the water. I should get him some inks, and maybe make him a drink later. 'Inks and Drinks' on me! Stelle giggles to herself, and turns to look out at the water.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 16

Feeling pleasantly calmed by human pheromones wafting over from the opposite side of the ferry, Anubis collapses at Stelle's feet and lets out a deep happy sigh.

Someone's making googley eyes at someone.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

When Annie falls into a contented heap at her feet, Stelle glances across the ferry to see Benedictus brush Florence's cheek.

She leans over the goofy dog and says quietly, "You're right. He might enjoy a drink, but all he really needs is Florence."

~~~
If Nidhi's Grandmother has the ever-so-sought after fabric:

"Abdur, I was wondering if you could have Sashimono of Comfort put onto this by tonight?" Stelle asks, showing him the newly procured fabric. "As usual, I will pay the usual fee for having it made custom."


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Benedictus wrote:
"I didn't know you had such a deep knowledge of spellcraft, Stelle. This is a rather rare spell indeed, I really respect that!"

Stelle smiles back warmly and curtsies.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Abdur smiles at Florence, "I am so glad you are paying your debt so quickly. That is the sign of a trustworthy person, and I shall remember it!" He collects the full 2,000gp.

Later, with Stelle, Abdur says, "Well, you give me little time, but let me see what I can do with it. Perhaps my contact already has the spells in his young head!" he laughs and promises to do what he can. Later, when you stop by to pick it up before the ferry - it is ready, and beautiful.

The group whiles the day away shopping and preparing for the journey ahead - including a trip to Grandmothers house… Nidhi is busy with some work and may not be able to post as regularly for the next few days. So we’ll delay the grandmother visit for now. Nidhi, please feel free to role play it in spoilers with Stelle when you’re able.

The evening ferry is ready to depart like clockwork, and the party is upon it for their two hour tour to Tephu in the cooling breeze. The desert ahead will prove to be a hot one, but the party feels they are well and ready for the experience.

I’m not going to track food or water. I’m assuming you all bought 3-4 weeks worth of rations (and applejack) and Zilchus (and possibly others?) can create water. You seem to be planning to use the Phantom Chariot spell combined with the Sashimono of Comfort - which will double your speed and protect against the elements during the worst heat of the day, helping you cover great distances in the open desert.

I'm also going to assume you don't get lost - special circumstances aside. Stelle's survival is high enough to keep track of where you are, where you've been, etc. - even in the harsh environment you're about to enter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Earlier, On the Ferry

As much to her own surprise as perhaps Ben's or anyone else's Florence suddenly drops her head to rest against Ben's shoulder, her cheek warm where he'd caressed it.

"I know what you mean," she sighs quietly, a weariness settling into her bones that has nothing to do with sleep or a lack thereof. But now wasn't the time for the conversation she wanted to have; not on the morning ferry in earshot of anyone that might care to listen in. Florence allows herself to linger in Ben's space for a moment more, taking comfort in his presence, before she raises her head to look him in the eyes.

"There's something I should tell you," she whispers, trying to keep her voice steady. "Nothing...nothing bad, at least I don't think it is - not anymore, anyway. May I come by your room later tonight, after we get back to Tephu? I don't want to talk here..." she continues, glancing over her should to see Stelle smiling at them. She offers a smile back; a bit wobbly, but genuine. It was nice to have the friendly support.
________

Currently at work but I'll do the follow-up to this conversation later today (probably in flex-time spoilers), after I've gotten home and had a little rest! It's one I want to be well-rested for :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:
Florence Corvina wrote:
"There's something I should tell you, nothing...nothing bad, at least I don't think it is - not anymore, anyway. May I come by your room later tonight, after we get back to Tephu? I don't want to talk here..."

"Of course you can, Flo. I'll be waiting for you then," quickly replies Ben, his eyes still wandering over the water in search for answers to one more question. I wonder what she's going to tell me...

***

When, later on, Florence will knock Ben's door, she will find a simple note attached to it. The note reads as follows.

Meet me downstairs.

If Florence descends, she will find an elegant chariot waiting for her just outside the inn, with a driver ready and one door open. Ben is holding that door open for Florence, a kind smile on his face. "I had to try this out before using it on the field," he explains, inviting Florence inside. "We should be able to talk in private here, but I would like you to enjoy a small trip through Wati in complete relax. We both deserve it. We can talk about what you have to tell me either in the chariot or later in my room, as you prefer. Now please, would you like to enter my creation?"
_______________
Ben paied a local to act as a driver, asking Abdur for someone with good reference. He is willing to pay more than usual (up to 5 gp) to ensure that driver is a competent one, and not scared by the task of riding a phantom chariot. More than willing to continue this interaction in spoiler from now on.


Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"...and so I may not be back for a while. It's hot where we are going and well, might be dangerous."

Zilchus thanks Abdur for this time and goes to purchase the rest of his supplies, hoping to get done quickly. Because when he is done, he might have a few drinks while he waits for others to be ready to go.

He'll be in the bar/local tavern, having a few drinks to pass the time.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Earlier with Stelle:
Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Oh! Do you think she still has black silk one -- the one with the bluish Orchids? The pre-made Sashimono always comes with pink Orchids on a green background! It just seems so ordinary."

Nidhi’s eyes light up. “Blue? Stelle, that’s my favorite color! It’s the color or the sky and the blessed color of Pharasma.” Nidhi doesn’t consider white a color because it isn’t a physical dye. Nidhi twirls the end of her braid around her index finger while thinking about the process: “Mmmh. The fabric would have to be dyed first, then the flowers would be stitched on. Stitching is Grandmother’s specialty.”

Nidhi releases the end of her braid and tosses the thick rope of hair over her shoulder. “You have good taste, Stelle. Let’s go see Grandmother.”

Jharna’s Shop:
Nidhi hums the entire way to the shop, enjoying being in her “element.” There was no place more comfortable to her than the streets of Wati.

They arrive to Jharma’s shop, a small two-story building with a large shop window on the ground floor, shaded by a small porch. There are smaller windows on the second floor, all framed by white shutters, painted by Jharna herself. A cactus plant sits under the shop window, pointing upwards to the sill of the show window.

Nidhi walks through the open front door without looking at her companions. “Grandmother! I’m back again!” A middle-aged man holding a parcel of folded pants passes Nidhi as she crosses the threshold of the shop. He smiles and nods but seems to have business to attend to are continues walking. Inside, Jharna is sorting through a basket of spools.

Jharna stops her sorting to greet her visitors: “Nidhi, my dear. And Nidhi’s friends, Stelle and Annie.” Jharna crosses the room with uncanny speed for a woman of her age, barely using the cane in her left hand. The two Aashiryas embrace, Jharna pulling back first to give her granddaughter a look-over. “More blood. I knew it. See, when your grandmother tells you something it’s because she knows what she’s talking about!” Jharna scratches Annie behind the ears as she shakes her cane at Nidhi. (Jharna light-heartedly plays off Nidhi’s appearance, but a look of concern swept over the older woman’s face when they first walked in.)

Nidhi sighs, her shoulders sinking, “Grandmother, are you not going to ask how I got this blood on me?” Jharna glances at the fabric for a moment before walking towards her desk. “Looks like an animal attack. You look fine, dear. ...Are you not?” Jharna turns back, unsure.

Nidhi folds her arms across her chest, “yeah. I’m fine. Just a couple of undead cougars. Nothing we couldn’t handle.” Nidhi shrugs like it’s not big deal (even though it was. She was cursed!) Jharna smiles and pats her granddaughter's shoulder, “I knew you had everything under control.” A few more pseudo-casual remarks pass between the women before Nidhi gets down to business.

“Grandmother. We’re traveling to the Parched Dunes and need protection from the elements. Do you have anything, you know, like, a banner? Maybe that black one with the flowers?” Jharna strokes her chin for a moment. “Yes, child. Let me see what I have.”

Jharna proceeds to the wall behind her desk, lined with a few rectangular chests stacked with baskets, filled with more tailoring supplies. It seems like business has been picking up again. Jharna pulls a ring of keys from the inside of her skirt pockets and starts flipping through the ring. After the fifth of sixth key, Jharna, bends down, wrinkled hand on her lower backside, and inserts the key into a chest.

It doesn’t open. Jharna frowns and sticks her ear to the chest, listening for a click. She jiggles the key. No luck. “Blasted sand gets in here. Gets in all of the crevasses!” Jharna denounces the desert sand, lifting her cane up sideways. She puts a hand on the handle and her other on the shaft. Her cane comes apart to reveal a dagger, similar to the one stuck to the side of the hen house the night the dead rose. “I’ll just break the lock,” Jharna begins.

Nidhi’s steps next to her grandmother and places a hand over hers. “What? No, Grandmother! Let me try!” Nidhi pulls the keyring from Jharna’s gnarled hands and tries the key in the lock. No luck. Nidhi flip to the next key, inserting into the chest’s lock. The lid pops open revealing neatly folded fabrics in a variety of shades. “Grandma, you were using the wrong key,” Nidhi says flatly.

“Oh. I was?” Jharna tilts her head and places a hand on her hip, much in the same fashion as Nidhi. Nidhi just stares at the older woman as she hands back the keys. Jharna looks unphased, “so what are you looking for, dear? A banner? To keep out the heat?” Jharna pulls out different fabrics, one by one, examining them. The chest seems to be full of just banners like the other chest that held Nidhi’s current cloak was just coats.

Jharna pulls out one banner with a large red rose ornately stitched onto golden fabric. “A Paladin requested this. Poor fellow died for his cause before he could pick it up.” Jharna pulls out two more. A sun-yellow one, with a crocodile basking on a rock. A wide, glittery silver one with stars in a dark blue carefully stitched and blue, silken tassels at either end. The fourth banner is a midnight-black, with a thin, blue frame around the perimeter. A branch of azure blue orchids runs vertically up the banner’s center. The stitching changes color near the edges and center of the petals creating an illusion of depth. Each flower is highlighted with thread bleached white - a stark contrast to the dark background. Both sides of the banner are identical, but inverted so the stitching overlaps for uniform puckering.

Jharna holds the fourth banner out to Stelle, her eyes sparkling. “I don’t know if Nidhi told you, but I have a way with fabrics. My creations are less-likely to fray and dull than other fabrics. A special component I add to my threads. Family secret,” Jharna smiles. Nidhi narrows her eyes, “that you haven’t told me.” Jharna laughs and starts to fold the fabrics back into the chest, “I may be old but I’m still competent in my craft. Don’t think you can steal this shop from under me yet!” Jharna wags a fingers at Nidhi, teasing.

Jharna accepts the money in exchange for the Sashimono of Comfort, much of the money going to pay for the supplies (and perhaps a new couch in the near future.)

As the transaction is finishing, a proud chicken struts into the shop from the back door. Bawk. Stuffing asserts herself, confidently bobbing her head like she owns the place. The chicken flaps her wings as if to declare her place in the hierarchy inside the shop. (She must have seen the head scritches and gotten jealous.) Stuffing’s beady little eyes stare at the hound as if to say this is my place, dog. Stuffing struts over to a basket of scrap fabric and puddles into center to nest. Stuffing gives a chirping bawk towards Jharna and the older woman strokes the back of the chicken’s back.

Nidhi raises her arms up into the air, exasperated: Grandmother, you gotta’ stop spoiling her. She’s acting like she owns the place.” Jharna doesn’t look up from petting Stuffing: “Well, maybe if someone wasn’t going off on so many adventures, I wouldn’t have to keep company with a chicken!” Stuffing turns her beady black eyes to Nidhi, and Nidhi returns the animal’s unblinking gaze with a glare. You’d better not get too comfortable chicken. I know your game.

“Grandmother,” Nidhi vies for Jharna attention in front of the chicken, much like she did with Muminofrah and Zilchus. “When can I have my special cloak back? I really miss wearing it. Since you made it especially for me. You know, the white one with intricate stitching and special pockets?” Despite being a chicken, Stuffing seems to pick up on the blatent challenge for Jharna’s affection. The chicken bawks a little louder and flaps her wings.

Preoccupied, Jharna instinctively picks Stuffing up in her arms and continues to stoke the chicken’s feathers. “Hmm. Well, I was planning on having the bloodstains out by the time you came back but I wasn’t expecting you so soon. I suppose I could have it ready by the time you get back from your trip. To celebrate your travels to the Parched Dunes. It's a dangerous journey, dear... Your friends are all going too, right?” Jharna snaps her fingers, “oh, that reminds me. I washed those sheets you brought home. You know, the ones that smelled like man. Jharna is teasing Nidhi again.

Nidhi responds a bit defensively: “Those sheets were stolen from a bad guy and you know it! Don’t try to play it off like I have a lover.” Jharna chuckles to herself and Stuffing nestles deeper into the older woman’s arms.

Jharna offers Nidhi, Stelle, and Annie hugs while holding Stuffing. The chicken doesn’t seem to enjoy being in the middle of the affection but tolerates it. “I expect you to visit once you return! I’m excited to hear of your adventure,” Jharna waves a goodbye from the doorway of the stop before returning inside.

Nidhi turns to Stelle, speaking conversationally: “we should meet up with the others for a drink before departing. It’ll probably be strictly water for a while. Alcohol isn’t something to be had in the middle of the desert.” For all of her joking and immaturity, Nidhi seems to care a lot about her general health - evident by her regular sleep schedule, morning workout routine, and relatively healthy eating habits.

When they meet up with Zilchus at the local tavern, Nidhi picks a nearby seat and unbuckles her mask. After a few prolonged minutes, Nidhi manages to undo all of the straps and buckles, revealing a face flushed by the confines of the mask. “What should we toast to our adventure with, Stelle? Zil, celebrate with us! One drink to commemorate the beginning of our journey!” Nidhi taps on the wooden bar with her palm, causing her gold and lapis lazuli bracelets to clink against the hard surface. “Barkeep! We want a few drinks.” Nidhi turns to Stelle, wondering what the Halfling will suggest in this situation.

If we have the banner, I don’t think Nidhi needs to buy anything? I have confidence in the party ;)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Jharna’s Shop:

Annie sits and grins the goofiest of grins as Jharna scratches him behind the ears, but retreats to sit on Stelle's feet once Stuffing makes her appearance.

This is my person, chicken.

Jharna wrote:
“I don’t know if Nidhi told you, but I have a way with fabrics. My creations are less-likely to fray and dull than other fabrics. A special component I add to my threads. Family secret,”

"Oh, Miss Jharna," Stelle says, her eyes also sparkling as she curtsies. "Your fabrics are so beautiful! They really are the best!" she says, gingerly taking the banner.

Once they are out of earshot of the shop, Stelle says, "Nidhi, we should find a way to cast Prestidigitaion on you before we visit your Grandmother. It's pretty good for a quick clean up."

~~~

Nidhi wrote:
“What should we toast to our adventure with, Stelle? Zil, celebrate with us! One drink to commemorate the beginning of our journey!”

GMEuan:
Stelle approaches the Barkeep with 5 gp. "Just this once, please. I want to do this for my friends." Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Stelle gets up, and approches the bar. When she returns she says, "Let's see what I can make with my own stores!"

Bartending: 10 + 10 = 20

"'Zingiber Cocktail' for Benedictus! This is very calming."
This amber liquid appears to have mint, lime, ginger and ginger beer in it.

"'Rumpelstiltskin' for Florence! Despite it's name, this is a real pick me up."
This clear conncoction tastes refreshingly like sweet peppermint and has tiny pieces of gold foil floating in it.

"'Bartini' for Nidhi! This is one of my favorites."
This blue martini has small white edible flowers dusted with sugar floating in it.

"'Crocodile Special' for Zilchus! I think you might like this."
This bright green drink's sweet melon flavor is kept in balance by being topped off with a spritz of citris flavored blonde ale.

For herself, she makes a clear tonic of elderflower extract with allspice and lavender flowers. "The Nomad".

She offer Bynx tuna water, a rawhide chew for Anubis, and a glass of sparkling elderberry wine to Ptolomy.

"To us and our success in adventuring!" she toasts.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party finds their way on the evening ferry and heads back to Tephu. That evening, Ben and Florence go on an enchanted ride, and meet up with the party later for drinks, merrily and expertly served by Stelle.

You spend another night in blissful comfort at Purusha's, a level of comfort unlikely to be found on the road ahead in the blasted desert.

You breakfast on fruit and other city-found delicacies, and chart the course ahead. There are lots of options, but the first day or two is spent getting clear of the city and plowing ahead into the wilderness.

The first day starts hot, but as Benedictus summons the chariot and phantom steeds, and Stelle affixes the banner, you find the ride somewhat cool and comfortable. One of you is the 'driver' at any given time, but as the steeds are magically created, and skimming over the sand, the duty is not taxing and requires little skill.

Still, someone needs to do it. Who shall be your main driver during the days? You can rotate if you wish, I just need a plan.

The Parched Dunes area is a good day or two away as I said, so the first day is relatively calm. You encounter a few travelers near Tephu, but they thin out pretty quickly - and no one is headed your way...

Dusk comes slowly, and as the chariot expires, you find yourselves sweating in the evening sun as you make camp. But the sun sets, and the cool of the desert night comes upon you. Bundling up a little, you prepare watches.

I need another plan here. Who is on each of three watches throughout the night? Spellcasters shouldn't be on the second watch so they can get 8 hours uninterrupted sleep, but otherwise it doesn't really matter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
Nidhi taps on the wooden bar with her palm, causing her gold and lapis lazuli bracelets to clink against the hard surface. “Barkeep! We want a few drinks.”

Zilchus looks up from his cups at the loud ruckus being made down the bar by a familiar (if sometimes grating) voice. He nods to Nidhi when his eyes finally focus on her, moving his drink to go sit with Stelle as Nidhi buys her boozes.

"Stelle, you ready to go tomorrow? Anything else we need?" Zilchus keeps the quiet of the bar, not drunk enough for singing (yet).

He nods as she leaves to go make her own drinks. He sits alone for a bit, waiting her return.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"'Crocodile Special' for Zilchus! I think you might like this."

Zilchus takes the offered drink, tasting it thoroughly before offering an opinion about it.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31 Perception (taste)

Zilchus lips his lips.

Melon? Is that f###ing *melon* in my booze!? WHO THE F!$* PUTS FRUIT IN BEER!!? Zilchus offers a kind smile to Stelle.

"It's really nice," Zilchus says weakly, taking a sip of his normal stuff. "I think I'll savor it...it's so nice." He smiles again, showing his not-so-nice smile, but trying to be nice.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Ben (Leisurely Drive):

Florence wasn't sure what Ben had in mind when she found the note to meet him downstairs but her jaw drops as she finds the chariot waiting for her outside. She covers her face with her hands, eyes wide with delight.

"Ben...it's amazing! It...it makes me think of the carriages back home," she gushes, her face now growing pink as she notices some of the local passersby watching curiously. But it was more of a happy embarrassment than self-conscious embarrassment; the idea of riding around Wati in such a thing made her feel almost like a princess or part of the nobility - a flight of fancy she'd not entertained since childhood.

Childhood...

Some of Florence's excitement slowly drains away as she thinks about the home she'd left behind. She takes a deep breath and nods at Ben. "Yes, this is...it's a good place to talk. It's more appropriate than you'd think, really," she says as she carefully climbs inside and waits for Ben to join her.
________

Once Ben's given their driver instructions on the route to take and the carriage is underway, Florence looks at Ben for a long moment in silence, trying to figure out where to begin. Or how to begin. Funny thing, she'd not actually given any real thought about this part, the actual talking-about-things part. But this is Ben, she can tell Ben anything, right?

"Um...this is...this is going to sound like a strange thing to ask, but do you know anything about...religious experiences? Miracles?"

Night before the Departure

After her very intense but necessary outing with Ben, Florence is more than willing to drink whatever Stelle offers to make for her. She wipes a little at her face, which is strangely a little blotchy-looking, and sniffs at the drink when Stelle presents it to her.

"It...it's so pretty, it almost seems a shame to actually drink it," she remarks with a wobbly smile. "But I can smell the mint and mint's always been a favorite of mine. That and cinnamon," Florence continues as she takes a sip. She's not a huge connoisseur of mixed drinks but she knows enough to figure that this sort of drink should be sipped rather than chugged, to savor the flavor. Her eyes widen.

"Oh...oh wow, this is really good!" Florence marvels. "Where'd you learn to mix drinks like this Stelle?"
________

Heading to Discussion to chat re: driving & watch duties!


Zilch tacks a note to the side of the phantom chariot after the party reaches its first camping spot. The note drops to the ground when the chariot disappears and Zilchus grumpily picks it up and wedges into the space around Annie's collar.

If opened and read, it reads 'WATCH' (but the W is reversed) in big block letters. Below it, is the watch schedule as proposed by Zilchus:

8pm to midnight: Zilchus
midnight to 4am: Flo & Nidhi
4am to 8am: Ben, Stelle, & Annie

Zilchus is very proud of his work. He'd tell you so if you ask him, but you probably won't so that's that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi slyly eyes Florence and Ben as they enter the tavern together. Hmm, I wonder what they did. Nidhi smiles knowingly as the couple as they come in, imagining an unexpected pothole in the road that throws Ben into Florence's lap. Scandalous! "Welcome back. You're just in time. We're about to have a celebratory drink." Nidhi laughs and turns back to the bar to watch Stelle.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:

"'Bartini' for Nidhi! This is one of my favorites."

This blue martini has small white edible flowers dusted with sugar floating in it.

Nidhi's tan cheeks flush. "A Bartini, huh?" I usually drink ales... although I never finish them. Maybe she's thinks I'm delicate like a flower? Well, I can't really take a hit. Nidhi grimaces, thinking about all the times she's been bitten, scratched, and stabbed. Nidhi takes a cautious slip and decides she likes it and unlike the ales she normally order, she finishes it. "You'll have to make me another when you get back. Thanks." Nidhi offers one of her bardic smiles before heading to bed.

~*~*~*~*~

"I want to drive! ...I mean, if you guys get tired." Nidhi comments, enjoying the rush of air on her face as the chariot moves at galloping speed. "It's times like this that you really feel alive." Nidhi is eager to be at the front and "backseat drive" while supplying light conversation. "I've never owned a horse, but I think they're beautiful creatures. So powerful and strong. I don't think I could care for one, though. I have too many other things I want to do. I think a horse would just get in the way. A magic carpet, on the other hand. That. That would be perfect for me. I dance on it like a stage in taverns. Float from place to place like a genie." Nidhi laughs from both the exhilaration of the carriage and the fantasy of owning a magic carpet.

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:

If opened and read, it reads 'WATCH' (but the W is reversed) in big block letters. Below it, is the watch schedule as proposed by Zilchus:

8pm to midnight: Zilchus
midnight to 4am: Flo & Nidhi
4am to 8am: Ben, Stelle, & Annie

Reversed? Do you mean inverted? Or is reversed part of the joke?

Nidhi, while petting Annie, notices the letter and opens it up, hopeful that it's a love letter or something equally scandalous. She's disappointed when reading it and wonders who could have such atrocious handwriting. She publicly announces: "Who's clumsy writing is this?! I want last watch when we sleep." Nidhi places a hand on her hip and declares: "Stelle and Annie like to get up early too, so we should take watch together. Flo and Ben should take first watch." Nidhi winks at Florence. Her winking has improved since last time. "And Zilchus gets middle shift. You don't need beauty slee-" Nidhi awkward shifts her eyes away and begins again: "Zilchus, you- You." Nidhi has trouble articulating. "Uhh. Second watch, Nidhi says in a small voice.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 16
Zilchus wrote:
Zilch tacks a note to the side of the phantom chariot after the party reaches its first camping spot. The note drops to the ground when the chariot disappears and Zilchus grumpily picks it up and wedges into the space around Annie's collar.

Wha... is that collie-flower? I like collie-flower, but that's not collie-flower. Wha? Annie backs away a little as Zilchus approaches with the note. Annie sniffs, and can't help but notice Zilchus's grumpiness.

Melon... melon. But mostly ... yuck. Anubis lowers his head and exhales sharply as Zilchus implants the note between Anubis and his collar. Annie lays down heavily on the sand as camp is being struck.

Nidhi wrote:
Nidhi, while petting Annie, notices the letter and opens it up, hopeful that it's a love letter or something equally scandalous.

Oh, Gods! Thank you for taking away the scratchy!

Anubis sighs in a manner that can not be mistaken for anything but relief.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Florence wrote:
"Where'd you learn to mix drinks like this Stelle?"

"My uncle," Stelle beams. "I'm not sure how he did it, but under his house he had a kind of Oasis where he tended his own bar -- and a koi pond with a running waterfall -- and offered entertainment from a wide variety of musicians. He loved music. Good music and vocals -- like the kind Nidhi performs," she says, wistfully blinking. "The kind of music that brings you home."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Florence:
"Religious experiences? Mmh...Of course, yes, I've heard a few stories...But why do you tell me this? Is this related to that thing you wanted to tell me about?" Ben is genuinely curious about Florence's intentions, but tries not to harass her with his many questions.

"Thank you, Stelle! I must say, this is one of best drink I ever had! You have a gift for this!"

Ben enjoys the night with his friends, but does not forget about the preparations. The turns set by Zilchus are fine for him, although I wonder whether is there any use at all in me keeping guard when Stelle and Annie are already doing so.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

"I agree with Nidhi. Florence and Ben should take the first watch -- and Zilchus, you should take the middle watch. That will give those with magics ample and -- with any luck -- uninterrupted sleep."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

I’ve got two conflicting watch lists, and an equal number of supporters for each. Tonight I’m picking Nidhi’s as it lets the spell casters rest a full 8 hours as I suggested earlier. Feel free to switch it up tomorrow night.

As you camp that first night near an old and flourishing watering hole, something stirs in the quiet darkness of the third watch! Nidhi, Stelle, and Annie are on watch and awake when this occurs. The rest of you are sleeping. If you are not awakened physically in some way, all you need do is make a DC 10 perception as a move action to wake up on your own.

The night flares to light, as a number of Forgotten Pharaoh Cultists produce lit torches, and a Hieracosphinx menaces the party! A cold-eyed falcon's head and great wings adorn the body of this otherwise large leonine creature. They are lead by a mask wearing man in colorful robes. (Though the image shows him taking off his mask, it is fully on at the start of battle.)

Knowledge Arcana DC 15:
A Hieracosphinx is a CE Large magical beast. One question for each five you beat the DC.
- - -

They spent their surprise and first rounds producing light and moving closer. There are 20’ pools of light around all the opposition carrying torches (so everyone except the sphinx and the leader), and your campfire. The rest of the area is shrouded in dim light and darkness so be aware.

- Round 1 -
Good Folks - 19
Nidhi - 15
Zilchus - 10
Stelle - 4
- Round 2 -
Florence - 26
Benedictus - 22

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Good Folk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Nidhi and Stelle are up! Zilchus, Florence and Benedictus may all make perception checks assuming Nidhi or Stelle calls out a warning or engages in combat. New map up!


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Ben (Leisurely? Drive):

"That's right," Florence nods, her hands unconsciously clasping together and unclasping again in her lap. "You see, I...I had something like that happen to me. Before we met, before I left home and came to Osirion," she says, glancing out the window of the carriage.

"You've heard me talk a little bit about my family, right? And how we had a shop. It was a family business; we sold herbs and made medicines and other alchemical goods. I started working and training there as soon as I was big enough to hold a pestle in my hand." Florence smiles briefly, her mind dwelling on pleasant memories of her childhood. But then the smile drops off of her face.

"It burnt to the ground. My brother and sister, they were lucky and made it out because they woke up before the building collapsed. But my parents weren't so lucky. They died."

Florence's breath hitches and her next words are a choked whisper.

"And so did I."


Round 1, Init 10

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19 Perception

Zilchus waits up at the ruckus, having just gotten to bed after his middle shift. He wakes up, stands up (move), and draws his falchion (move).

Slowly realizing the dangers upon him, Zilchus calls upon the Great Crocodile for aid. DF.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

How deep is the water behind the party?

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Nope.

GM Euan wrote:
They are lead by a mask wearing man in colorful robes.

Nidhi had been stretching when she spotted the intruders. Her "keen" eye focuses in on the man's arms first. Hellooooooo muscles. (Nidhi judges the new arrival's attractiveness solely on the size of his biceps.) To alert her companions, Nidhi shouts: "WAKE UP! There's a hot guy and his entourage following us!

Round 1, Initiative 15:

Nidhi isn't using a disguise spell. Her mask and dark maroon robe are illuminated by her own Everburning Torch, stuck upright in the sand. Nidhi calls out to the handsome stranger: "Hey, Good-looking! I don't suppose you're here to whisk me off my feet?" Nidhi's flirting is at face value (even though she really does find the NPC attractive.) Nidhi clearly doesn't appreciate being sneaked up on in the middle of the night.

Nidhi opens her mouth and starts to sing, her finger cocking a "come hither" motion towards the dark stranger as she takes a five-foot step backwards towards Zilchus. Inspire Courage. Nidhi also casts Good Hope on everyone (her party.)

"Still and silent.
Calm before the storm.
Gold and diamond.
Jewels behind the throne.
Into the night.
Out of the dark
Take to the sky.
Chasing the stars."

Inspire Courage: +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Florence:
"You...[/i]died[/i]?" Ben has listened with growing anxiety the story told by Florence, having realized that soon or later something bad would happen in that story. Otherwise, she wouldn't have asked him to talk about this. "You mean...died died, or you know, died inside or some other metaphor?" The expression on Ben's face betray the scholar's concern mixed with his growing curiosity.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Nidhi wrote:
"WAKE UP! There's a hot guy and his entourage following us!"

Annie growls in warning.

Looking, Stelle shrugs as she climbs atop Anubis. Highly unusual. "What are the odds that they just want some water?" she mutters.

She rides to the front and comes to a stop in front of Florence. "Who are you," she says, addressing the mask wearing man in colorful robes," and what do you want?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus, the perception check to wake up is a move action, so you do not yet have your weapon drawn.

Nidhi, The water is deep enough to bathe in, but only maybe 10' at the deepest point.

"I am unimportant!" their leader cries and stops a moment, "My name is unimportant!"

"You face the Cult of the Forgotten Pharaoh, and if you do not hand over the Mask immediately, you will be crushed and scattered into the wind like so much sand. Hand it over... NOW!"

So this is a little weird, but If Florence and Benedictus make no overtly hostile actions, on their initiative the enemy will pontificate and demand the mask as I've indicated above - giving Nidhi time to hand it over. If you do make a hostile move, they'll simply attack. The parley is up to you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM Euan wrote:
"I am unimportant!" their leader cries and stops a moment, "My name is unimportant!"

Zilchus is groggy and angry about being woken up in the middle of the night...especially when he was just about to get to the good part where the nymph...

No, this beautiful a$&*!$! just ruined that! Zilchus shakes his head angrily, looking again at the gorgeous man-angel about to assault the camp.

Zilchus replies.

”Listen here, you...you poetic, noble land-merman, you ain’t gettting the Mask, but I am willing to put my sword between your beautiful, rainbow infused chest muscles! You are too lovely to slay, but I may have to make an exception for you!”

What the hell did I just say!?


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Zilchus wrote:
" [...] you...you poetic, noble land-merman, [...] rainbow infused chest muscles! [...] too lovely [...]"

Without turning to face Zilchus, Stelle frowns. What the hell did he just say? I'm sure I heard 'sword' in there somewhere...

Stelle shrugs. Roll with it. There is something ... weak in this masked man.

"Oh.." she says ruefully. "Why are you unimportant? Who sent you?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16 +2 Good Hope

She cringes in embarrassment. That... probably didn't come out right.

Stelle is attempting to be sympathetic.

Anubis snorts impatiently.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben starts to swowly wake up, but he is too confused to act. He tries to get a sense of what is going on, and the words "Cult of Forgotten Pharaoh" are a clear indication of the nature of the danger. In any case, since a parlay is apparently unfolding, the Osirionologist decides to wait and see what happens.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi begins to inspire and provides hope. Zilchus wakes up and stands up, preparing his divine power. Stelle parleys with the opposition, but for how long? Florence DMPC stirs restlessly in her sleep but does awaken. Sleepy Benedictus also awakens, and watches the proceedings from his bedroll not wanting to get out into the cold night air.

The Cult leader of this particular band, demands you turn over the mask. Failure to do so will almost certainly result in combat. He does not seem swayed by Stelle’s question, and indeed does not answer it, simply holding out his hand for the mask. ”Now!”

- Round 2 -
Good Folks - 19
Nidhi - 15
Zilchus - 10
Stelle - 4
- Round 2 -
Florence - 26
Benedictus - 22

Everyone is up for round 2! Benedictus and Florence are still prone, but everyone is awake.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

"Tsk tsk," Stelle tsks, and shakes her head. "Do you know nothing of manners? You can not expect to get what you want just because you demand and threaten."

I hope everyone's ready.

Stelle charges in an attempt to get closer to the masked man.

Spirited Charge! Hieracosphinx: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26 -PA, +Singing, +Hope
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 18 + 6 + 3 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2) + 6 + 18 + 6 + 3 + 6 + 6 = 54 +Str,+PA,+Lance,+Amulet,+Hope,+Singing

She urges Annie on to overrun the torch bearing goon directly in their path.
Annie:

ImprovedOverrun: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 4 = 29 +Singing, +Hope

Moved on map. Please reposition as necessary.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2, Initiative 15:

Nidhi shouts back: "YOU HANDSOME FOOL!" She pleads to Pharasma aloud, shaking her fist: "WHY? WHY must all the attractive ones be evil? Why?!"

Nidhi continues to Inspire Courage, takes out her bow, and aims for the blue enemy.

To hit (Masterwork Composite Darkwood Longbow with +2 Magic Enchant): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 28
Bard 8th level +6, Dex +2, Belt (Dex Temporary for 24/hr) +1, Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, Inspire Courage (competence) +2, Good Hope (morale) +2

Damage (Blunt Arrow): 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 10
Str +1, Magical Bonus +2, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft), Inspire Courage (competence) +2, Good Hope (morale) +2

Inspire Courage: +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Nidhi Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage = 2/28 used
1st-level spells: 5 available
2nd-level spells: 5 available
3rd-level spells: 3 available, Good Hope (party)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 2, Init 10

Zilchus moves forward to stand in front of Ben and he feels *ridiculous*. He's in his loincloth (and not his good pair either), unarmored, but wearing his fancy boots. It's not quite the warrior image that Zilchus (let alone the Great Crocodile) wants to impart. He draws his falchion as he moves.

But, it was his turn to sleep and you can't sleep in armor, so the loincloth.

He casts Magic Circle against Evil on himself, covering Ben and Flo within its 10’ radius for the time being.

He quick casts Shield of Faith as well. He is almost as armored as he can get without any actual armor. Ben? Flo? If you have a handy Mage Armor, it would be appreciated before Zilchus goes to get mauled by the big kitty.

AC: 2 dex + 3 SoF + 1 dodge + 2 ring.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 26

Florence had been having a nice dream about swimming under the sea with colorful fish and the sun's rays beaming down through the water...a nice dream, one that she had from time to time. Not that she'd ever been under the sea, only on the it, but she'd heard stories from sailors and it had always sounded like a beautiful place - parts of it, anyway. But then the dream got strange, with mermen coming to swim with her except they all had Ben's face and Zilchus' voice and they seemed really insistent that she help them find masks for an underwater ball and-

She blinks, suddenly awake and more than a bit groggy. But then the sounds of angry yelling cut through the fog and she bolts upright, scrambling out of her bedroll. Her eyes widen as she sees what seems a small army before them and the strange winged creature...

Kn. Arcana (DC 15): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

...and Stelle on the other side of them, cut off from the rest of the group. The words to one of her go-to magics spring to her lips and she rattles them off before falling back a step, conjuring a burst of bright glitter around the one she presumes to be the leader and the hieracosphinx.
________

Move to stand from prone, a standard to cast Glitterdust DC 17 Will and then a 5-foot step back. Alas, no Mage Armor readied right now Zilchus but I'll start trying to remedy that next turn, depending on how things go.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Ben (Not-So-Leisurely Drive):

Florence laughs, except it's almost more like a sob. "You know, I still ask myself that even now. All I know is that I remember the flames around me, hearing Bynx's yowling...and then a voice. Do you know what it said?"

"Return...return to the living, wayward daughter. Go to the land of the burning sun. Go to the city that that sits where the Riddler and the Serpent meet. Put things right again; do this in remembrance of the old ways and go with the blessing of the Queen of Miracles," she recites, the words forever burned into her memory. "When I woke up, two days and nights had passed. I was in the temple of Pharasma, wrapped in a burial shroud. I was so confused, I ran...I probably gave those poor priests the fright of their lives," Florence continues, chuckling slightly.

"After that, I...I went to my friend Marius for help because there wasn't anywhere else for me to go. He told me that my parents had died in the fire and that my brother and sister and everyone else believed me dead too. But I couldn't go back, not after what...what had happened...they thought I was dead and I...I should be, I should've died..."

Her voice begins to tremble as her eyes fill with tears. "It was all my fault. The fire, everything. Practically my whole family had been ill so I'd been trying to run the shop and take care of them too and I'd worked so late that night and I was so tired, I...I fell asleep at the workbench and knocked over my lamp...s-so it's m-my fault th-that my p-parents died and I sh-should've died with them, I d-deserved to d-die-!"

Anyone with a background like Ben's would know that the 'city where the Riddler and the Serpent meet' is Wati and the goddess Isis is sometimes referred to as the Queen of Miracles.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The cult leader and sphinx try to avoid the glittering…
Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 vs DC 17
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 vs DC 17

I think you can reach orange too...
Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 vs DC 17

They sphinx, already having a bad day, sees it get worse... or not as the case seems to be. The sphinx is blinded, while the cult leader is not (though he is glittery).

Benedictus is up!


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Acting immediately after Florence, and therefore before Stelle goes charging in, Benedictus decides he has heard enough, and after standing up he starts to pronounce several arcane words of power as a small bead of fire appears in his right hand. The scholar smirks, then shakes his head. "I am afraid you will not have what you seek," the scholar says as he throws the fireball at the assaulting group.

Fire damage: 8d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4, 6) = 24
DC 19 Reflex save to halve damage.
____________
I'm going to answer your post tomorrow, Flo!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus, you are after Stelle in the order, but as she is outside the area of effect it's all good.

The sky lights up briefly and the smell of scorched flesh fills the air...

sphinx: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 for 12
cult leader: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 for 7 (appears to be also somewhat resistant to fire, but not a lot)
green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 for 24
orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 for 12
purple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 for 24
pink: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 for 24


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi takes a shot at one of the cultists, wounding him. Zilchus prepares more buffs, very nearly in the buff himself. Stelle charges forward slamming into the sphinx and pressing on to their backline. Florence rises and glitterdusts the opposition. Benedictus has had enough and fireballs the enemy!

The cult leader casts a spell, and begins to flicker in and out of existence (blink) (50% miss chance in most cases) even as he moves into a more advantageous position.

The sphinx, speared, blinded, and burned, charges at Zilchus unseeing, but not wanting any piece of the raging lance that already pierced its hide. It leaps upon him, pouncing.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 vs DC 10 or fall prone at Zilchus’ feet.

...and it does! The sphinx is really having a bad day as it hits a soft spot in the sand and spills into the ground at Zilchus.

Sphinx Will to see: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 vs DC 17 - and 'lucky' remains blind

Meanwhile, the cultists engage the party, and defend their leader. Most are charging to reach their foes (orange has to pass through an ally and so does not charge).

Red falchion on Nidhi: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 = 15
Blue falchion on Florence: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 = 15
crit threat Blue falchion on Florence: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 = 14
Green falchion on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14
crit threat Green falchion on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 = 13
Orange falchion on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 = 13
Purple falchion on Zilchus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 = 14

Pink and Yellow simply move into position (double moves).

Stelle gets an AoO against green as he closes. If you have Combat Reflexes, make another on orange as he closes.

- Round 3 -
Good Folks - 19
Cult Leader - 19 (-7hp, glittery)
Sphinx - 19 (-66hp, glittery, blind, prone)
Blue - 19 (-10hp)
Orange - 19 (-12hp, glittery)
Green - 19 (-24hp)
Purple - 19 (-24hp)
Pink - 19 (-24hp)
Nidhi - 15 (-15hp)
Zilchus - 10 (-14hp)
Stelle - 4 (-14hp)
- Round 4 -
Florence - 26 (-29hp)
Benedictus - 22

Everyone is up!


Round 3, Init 10

With his dingdong barely covered by the loincloth, Zilchus hacks at the blind sphinx in front of him, hoping to take it down before it recovers its feet. He offers a mighty grunt as he swings. @Sphinx then back at the goon who struck him if the sphinx is down.

1d20 + 12 + 4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 34 to hit; (+grunt,+DF,+prone)
2d4 + 13 ⇒ (1, 4) + 13 = 18 adamantine slashing damage.

1d20 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 24 to hit; (+grunt,+DF,+prone)
2d4 + 13 ⇒ (4, 3) + 13 = 20 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 52/66
AC: 2 dex + 3 SoF + 1 dodge + 2 ring.= 18
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) +3 SoF

DF:2/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 1/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 2/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3, Initiative 15:

Nidhi looks hurt by the falchion that slices into her but manages to continue singing. Inspire Courage

"Wha-? How could you?" Nidhi casts Terrible Remorse (PRD link) on the red enemy that just attacked her. Nidhi backs up until she reaches the edge of the water. "Shame! Shame on you!" 8 rounds, Will DC15(?) partial save

Inspire Courage: +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Nidhi's Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage = 3/28 used
1st-level spells: 5 available
2nd-level spells: 5 available
3rd-level spells: 2 available, Good Hope (party), Terrible Remorse (red)


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Mmmh...That didn't work as expected..." Benedictus mumbles to himself, a bit disappointed. He quickly regains his concentration though, as he steps back and channels his arcane energy into two schorching rays, both aimed at protecting Florence (Ben targets blue, and if he goes down, red.)

Prescience roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Scorching ray touch attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Using the 9 from prescience for a 15 total.
Scorching ray touch attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Scorching ray damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 4) = 15
Scorching ray damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 5) = 8

4,501 to 4,550 of 8,548 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.