GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,551 to 4,600 of 8,617 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Florence:
Ben takes Florence's hand and holds it steadily. He looks firmly into her eyes as she tells her story, and listens with both interest and care. When the story is over, Ben chuckles. "We all make mistakes, Flo. And well, I know it is not your typical support, but I guess that if you wanted something usual you wouldn't ask me. Know what I think? I think that you have no evidence, not even a single clue to ground the core assumption of your whole feeling of guilt. Your sorrow, your guilty conscience, all the accusations you made to yourself...they are the byproduct of a wrong syllogysm. Listen...," the scholar says, trying to confort the person he loves the most, even more now that he sees her so weak.

"You cannot know what it is like to be dead. Most planar scholars actually assert that celestial beatitude is a status of happiness which has no equals in our world filled with angst and grief. Think about it. Every soul is judged by the Lady of the Graves in the Ossuary, before reaching its place in the eternal order of the cosmos. Isn't that amazing? Don't you find it sublime? Do you really think that your family regrets this miserable life we have to endure? Do you really believe they miss the pain, the sickness, the anger, and everything bad one can found on a plane where the forces of good have to coexist with those of evil? If your family was good enough, now its members are enjoying the sweetest otherworldly happiness. Therefore, there's nothing you should feel guilty for."

Ben looks at Florence with intensity. He actually does not know what kind of effect his rude syllogysm will have on Florence. Although his end is unmistakably good, aimed at making Flo feel better, the scholar is still honing his social skill.

"I...I'm sorry, I was too rude...I...I'd better keep my mouth shut. I'm sorry for what happened, really. And I see in it the confirmation of what I have been think more and more lately: that each of us is destined to this, that the threads of our fate unfathomably led us here for a reason, not just out of coincidence. And...And I think that with all you've done so far, with all the lives you have saved...You have more then made up for what happened that day...


Yes, I'm bad at this game...plz add +2 to Zilchus' attack/damage for bard song & whatnot. Sheesh. He's so worried about his loincloth falling off that he's forgetting things.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Hey, no worries - dingdongs are very fragile and precious so you always want to make sure they're properly protected.
________

Round 4, Initiative 26

Gasping in pain, Florence falls back closer to Ben and Zilchus, trying to keep herself from winding up surrounded. It wasn't an ideal setup but she had to do something to try and even the odds, so she sings out a prayer to whoever might be listening.
________

Flo casts Prayer, which should get herself, Ben, Nidhi, and Zilchus as well as about four goons and the sphinx. Ben, I'll respond to you a bit later after work!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, if you move further than a 5' step, I'll get an AoO on you. I moved you back to your starting position for the moment. Please move again, and if further than 5' I'll swing away. :)

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 vs DC 15

...and he fails his save, suffering a wave of unfamiliar emotions as he prepares to attack himself.

Zilchus - will do.

Stelle is next!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi just takes a five-foot step back, not wanting to provoke an AoO.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle targets Green, for being unfortunate enough to be in her way.

AoOGreen: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 4 = 18 +Singing, +Hope
for Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 +Singing, +Hope

"You are not my target."

Anubis:

Totally in tune with his Goddess Stelle, Annie decides to try to plow past Green.
Imp.Overrun(Green): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 +Singing, +Hope

Stelle strikes at the leader.
Lance: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 +Singing, +Hope
for Damage: 3d6 + 27 ⇒ (6, 5, 3) + 27 = 41 +Singing, +Hope

LancePot.Crit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 +Singing, +Hope
for Damage: 3d6 + 27 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) + 27 = 34 +Singing, +Hope
Miss chance, High hits: Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 46

She glowers at the blinking leaderjerk. "Call them off."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi backs up and challenges her opponent emotionally, and he is found wanting. Zilchus swings mightily at the poor abused sphinx who stops trying to rise to its feet and instead lies with the stillness of death. He takes his second swing on purple dropping him. Stelle slips past most of her blockade (though orange gets an AoO) and attacks the leader, though he’s in the ethereal plane when her lance tries to skewer his liver. Florence brings prayer to bear for everyone save the enemies to the far south. Benedictus hides behind Ptolomy and sends two lances of flame against blue, and though he hits twice, he does not drop him.

Orange falchion on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14

The cult leader laughs at Stelle, ”You are wily! We will never surrender! Give us the mask!” He provokes from Stelle as he moves toward Zilchus and, once in position, casts Cone of Cold, as waves of icy chill slam into Zilchus, Florence, Benedictus, Ptolomy, and Bynx.

cold damage: 8d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 3, 2, 1, 5, 5) = 26 Reflex DC 19 for half

Red harms himself at Nidhi’s command: damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 vs DC 15

Green, orange and pink collapse around Stelle, hacking away at her dog - Annie!!
Green falchion on Annie: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13
Orange falchion on Annie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 = 14
Pink falchion on Annie: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 - 1 = 14

Blue step up on Florence while yellow focuses on Zilchus.
Blue falchion on Florence: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 11 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 8 - 1 = 10
Yellow falchion on Zilchus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 29 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 - 1 = 12
crit threat Yellow falchion on Zilchus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 29 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 - 1 = 12

- Round 4 -
Good Folks - 19
Cult Leader - 19 (-7hp, glittery, prayer)
Sphinx - 19 (dead)
Red - 19 (-8hp, staggered -2AC 1/1, prayer)
Blue - 19 (-33hp, prayer)
Orange - 19 (-12hp, glittery)
Green - 19 (-24hp)
Purple - 19 (-47hp, prayer, bleeding)
Yellow - 19 (prayer)
Pink - 19 (-24hp, prayer)
Nidhi - 15 (-15hp)
Zilchus - 10 (-38hp)
Stelle - 4 (-14hp)
Annie - 4 (-13hp?, -14hp)
- Round 5 -
Florence - 26 (-29hp)
Benedictus - 22

Everyone is up!


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Reflex save (+1 prayer, +2 good hope): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 19

hp 37/50

Thanks to the combination of moral and divine protection provided by Nidhi and Florence, Ben manages to roll away before the icy chill from the spell can hit him. Although he still suffers some damage, the scholar quickly gets back to his feet and starts mumbling the words of an arcane ritual...

In truth, Ben is only pretending to cast a spell. Holding his staff of minor arcana into his left hand, he prepares the following action: as soon as the rival mage will start casting a spell, Ben will cast grease below him! (Reflex DC 18 avoids). In the meantime, Ptolomy tries to activate the wand!

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Magic missile damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 4) + 4 = 14


Ben, Flo, you might get a +2 Resistance bonus to saves because of Zilchus' 10' circle.

Round 4, Init 10

1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 11 Reflex (MCaE,Prayer,Good Hope)

With his dingdong suffering from shrinkage, Bazsil also takes a big hit from a falchion. He staggers on his two feet, calling for help from the Crocodile.

Attack vs. yellow:
1d20 + 12 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 29 to hit; (+grunt,+DF,Bard/hope,+prayer)
2d4 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 13 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 23 adamantine slashing damage.

1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 14 to hit; (+grunt,+DF,Bard/hope,+prayer)
2d4 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 13 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 22 adamantine slashing damage.

Convert Invis Purge to heal:
3d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4, 1) + 8 = 18

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 20/66
AC: 2 dex + 3 SoF + 1 dodge + 2 ring.= 18
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) +3 SoF

DF:4/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 1/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 3/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Ben, Ptolomy was also in the cone, please remember to make a save for the little guy... :) Also, if you’re going to try and fake out the cult leader, I need a bluff check I think.

Zilchus, by the rules (link) a natural one on a reflex save results in saving throws for some of your possessions. However, I do not enforce that rule as I feel it unduly penalizes players, so you're off the hook.


HP: 58/58 l AC: 22, T 14, FF 20 l CMD 14 (18 vs. trip) l F +4, Ref +7, W +11, Spell Resistance 21 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Reflex (DC 19; MCaE, Good Hope, Prayer): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 22

A combination of preternatural reflexes and the spells of the group allow Bynx to bolt out of the way as the wave of cold washes over the area. Hissing and spitting, Bynx retreats to the (relative) safety of some fronds near the water's edge.
________

Bynx has Improved Evasion and so takes no damage on a successful save. He then withdraws very very fast to his new map position :)


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Reflex (DC 19; MCaE, Good Hope, Prayer): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 10

Of course...

Once again, Florence has just enough time to steel herself as to just how much things are about to hurt before the blast of cold washes over her and she drops to the ground, slowly bleeding out...


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3, Initiative 15:

The bard watches her enemy harm himself with fire in her eyes. "Yes, make sure it's nice, deep cut." She enjoys watching the chaos. As a move action, Nidhi throws back her head and laughs, her laughter musical but clearly with malicious intent.

Nidhi continues to sing (Inspire Courage) and pulls an arrow from her quiver. She aims at the red enemy.

To hit (Masterwork Composite Darkwood Longbow with +2 Magic Enchant): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 29

Damage (Blunt Arrow): 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 10

Inspire Courage: +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Nidhi's Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage = 4/28 used
1st-level spells: 5 available
2nd-level spells: 5 available
3rd-level spells: 2 available, Good Hope (party), Terrible Remorse (red)


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 4, Init 4

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 64 [-14]
Annie: Hits: 52 [-13[-14]
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

AC: 27 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

Jerk wrote:
"You are wily! We will never surrender! Give us the mask!”

I don't think so.

AoOonLeaderJerk: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32+Singing, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 4 = 13 +Str, +Lance, +Courage, +Singing
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 91 High hits.

ProtectAnnie: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 Mounted Combat Deflect

"Oh, please get out of my way." Stelle charges through her collecting opponents toward the Leader. Provokes

Still in tune with his mistress, Anubis charges past through to the LeaderJerk who smells far worse than Bazsil Zilchus -- at least on the prime material plane.

SCharge: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33 +Singing, +Courage, +Prayer
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 6 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 3) + 6 + 6 + 12 + 3 = 34 +Str, +Lance, +Courage, +Singing, +Prayer
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 81 High hits.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ptolomy's Reflex save (+2 good hope, +2 Zil, +1 prayer, ): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 26

Ben's Bluff check (+2 good hope): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 1

Nidhi laughs at the enemy even as Florence goes down, and hits with another arrow on red. Zilchus takes a swat at yellow hitting once even as he heals himself a little. Stelle hits with both AoO and a charge, though she draws some fire as well - or rather Annie does. The cult leader does not drop however. Florence collapses and begins to bleed (you could have made a stabilization check on your init - feel free to make two this round). Benedictus attempts to trick the cult leader - and though he may have (likely, but hard to tell for sure behind the mask), his ready does not go off as the man casts no spell. Ptolomy fires off a magic missile, presumably at the cult leader, but let me know if you intended a different target.

AoO Green falchion on Annie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13
AoO Orange falchion on Annie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 = 12
AoO Pink falchion on Annie: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 1 = 9 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 - 1 = 13

The cult leader gestures at Stelle and, though he cast not spell, a bolt of lightning falls from the sky, hitting Stelle and Annie! He then steps toward Stelle.
Lightning Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 4, 1) = 17 Reflex DC 18 for half

Pink rounds the corner shuffling through the sand and just barely catches up with Stelle and Annie. He swings again on the dog…
Pink falchion on Annie: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 1 = 18 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 8 - 1 = 12

Red steps up on Nidhi, and though staggered, still gets his swing off (5’ step and standard).
Red falchion on Nidhi: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 1 = 10 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 8 - 1 = 10

Blue moves up on Benedictus standing on Florences inert form and swings!
Blue falchion on Benedictus: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 1 = 18 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 - 1 = 15

Yellow continues his assault on Zilchus
Yellow falchion on Zilchus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 13 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 - 1 = 11

Green and orange double move into position.

- Round 5 -
Good Folks - 19
Cult Leader - 19 (-68hp, glittery, prayer)
Sphinx - 19 (dead)
Red - 19 (-18hp, prayer)
Blue - 19 (-33hp, prayer)
Orange - 19 (-12hp, glittery)
Green - 19 (-24hp)
Purple - 19 (-48hp, prayer, bleeding)
Yellow - 19 (-23hp, prayer)
Pink - 19 (-24hp, prayer)
Nidhi - 15 (-15hp)
Zilchus - 10 (-38hp)
Stelle - 4 (-14hp, reflex)
Annie - 4 (-14hp, -12hp ?, reflex)
- Round 6 -
Florence - 26 (bleeding)
Benedictus - 22 (-28hp)

Everyone is up!


Round 5, Init 10

Zilchus continues to hack at yellow, adding grunts to his swings.

Attack vs. yellow (then green):
1d20 + 12 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 42 to hit; (+grunt,+DF,Bard/hope,+prayer)
2d4 + 13 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 28 adamantine slashing damage. (DF,Bard,Good,Prayer)

1d20 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 29 to hit; (+grunt,+DF,Bard/hope,+prayer)
2d4 + 13 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 13 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 26 adamantine slashing damage. (DF,Bard,Good,Prayer)

Pot crit:
1d20 + 12 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 40 to hit; (+grunt,+DF,Bard/hope,+prayer)
2d4 + 13 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 13 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 27 adamantine slashing damage. (DF,Bard,Good,Prayer)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 20/66
AC: 2 dex + 3 SoF + 1 dodge + 2 ring.= 18
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) +3 SoF

DF:4/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 2/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 3/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

This post is confusing, sorry.

Round 4, Initiative 15:

Nidhi changes her song, Dirge of Doom (PRD link) the lyrics and pitch turn menacing and are directed at the surrounding enemies. Her song fosters a sense of growing dread in their enemies. Something very bad is about to happen. Enemies within 30 feet are shaken as long as they can hear Nidhi's song.

"I didn't say you could stop. Repent for what your friend did to Florence." Nidhi attempts to cast Terrible Remorse on the red enemy again.

To hit (just in case but she's in melee): 1d20 ⇒ 17

Since Nidhi can start a Performance as a Move Action, can Nidhi alter her performance to Dirge of Doom as a Move Action? Like could that enable Inspire Courage to still persist for two rounds since Nidhi has the Lingering Performance Feat (PRD link) (if Nidhi is allowed to use her Move Action to being singing a "new" song Dirge of Doom.) Never used it before. I answered my own question. The answer is no. Archive of Nethys (link) So Nidhi will still switch to Dirge of Doom.

Can Nidhi make a 5 foot step without provoking? If so, she does that.

Nidhi's Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage = 5/28 used
1st-level spells: 5 available
2nd-level spells: 5 available
3rd-level spells: 1 available, Good Hope (party), Terrible Remorse (red), Terrible Remorse (red)


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 5, Init 4

Stelle:
ReflexDC18: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 26 +Good Hope, +Prayer

Annie (Evasion):
ReflexDC18: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 25 +Good Hope, +Prayer

DeflectBlowonAnnie: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 31 Mounted Combat, +GHope, +Prayer

Stelle has Annie five foot step, and she points to the Leader with her Lance.
"Time for you to say good night."
Swift, Challenge. Allies receive +2 on Attacks on the Leader

StabLeader: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 32-PA, +GHope, +Prayer
for Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 6 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 31 +PA, +Courage, +Singing, +Challenge, +Prayer
HighHits: 1d100 ⇒ 39

StabLeader: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 - 3 = 24-PA, +GHope
for Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 6 + 2 + 6 + 8 + 1 = 31 +PA, +Courage, +Singing, +Challenge, +Prayer
HighHits: 1d100 ⇒ 17

... or maybe not.

"Can anyone stop this guy from the annoying blinking?"

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 64 [-14][-8]
Annie: Hits: 52 [-14]
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

AC: 27 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, go ahead and place yourself on the map please - 5’ step is no problem.

As Zilchus stabs at yellow, he bursts into a white-hot flame and burns to ash in seconds. You think you saw the cartouche of Pharaoh Hakotep I (the forgotten pharaoh) burn through the armor on his chest as he was consumed.

Everyone within 10' must make a Fortitude DC 15 or be blinded one round from the blast (Benedictus, Ptolomy, Zilchus, Blue, and the Cult Leader (Green is also down).

Fort Blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Fort Cult Leader: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

(Well, at least there are two crits I don't get to have.)

Stelle, I failed to mention that Pink provokes an AoO as he closes with you. Someday I'll get used to you having reach, sorry.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

AoOPink: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19-Pa, +GHope, +Courage, +Prayer
for Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 +Pa, +GHope, +Prayer, +Courage

Sorry about the mess up on my damage in my last post. Not that it mattered.

Also: ******Disclaimer*******

Stelle wrote:
Still in tune with his mistress, Anubis charges past through to the LeaderJerk who smells far worse than Zilchus -- at least on the prime material plane.

The views of Anubis-Ka are in no way necessarily shared by or a reflection of the views of Stelle.


1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 28 Fort (Hope,Prayer)

Zilchus is able to catch most of the blast with his loincloth, avoiding the blindness.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben's Fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 11
Ptolomy's Fortitude save: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

22/50

Ben is hit by the falchion, and both him and his familiar are blinded by the sudden explosion. With nothing else to do, Ben stumbles backward (5 feet step) and calls out to his friends. "Don't let them attack me!," he cries out as he starts a summoning ritual.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Stabilize? (DC 10): 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 2 = 8
Stabilize? (DC 10): 1d20 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 3 = 18

As chaos rages all around, Florence's wounds at first continue to bleed but then slowly clot off and stop...leaving her in poor shape but otherwise alive - for the moment.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi casts remorse on red yet again as she backs up a little further. Zilchus kills yellow in a white-hot burn and drops green. Stelle and Annie take little damage, though with the blinking, they have trouble dealing any as well. However the AoO on Pink does result in his landing hard on the sand, unconscious (he missed you anyway, but had he hit I would have nulled it). Florence stabilizes, no longer bleeding out onto the soft sand below her. Benedictus, blinded, steps back 5’ and hopes the opposition won’t attack him, though he hopes in vain…

The cult leader shouts over the din of battle, ”Surrender now, give us the mask, and we may yet let you live through this night!”
He summons his next lightning bolt from the sky on Benedictus - intent on ruining his spell.
Lightning Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 1, 3) = 11 Reflex DC 18 for half

Red again must overcome the error of his own actions… Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 vs DC 15
He does so, and steps up on Nidhi, swinging wildly and managing to miss the very soft target.
Red falchion on Nidhi: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 1 = 10 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 8 - 1 = 10

Blue considers a swat on the easy target, Ptolomy, but instead is directed to Benedictus by the cult leader. He 5' steps and swings.
Blue falchion on Benedictus: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 1 = 23 damage: 2d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 - 1 = 13

Orange 5’ steps to try and get in Stelle’s way, and attacks Annie again
Orange falchion on Annie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 = 16
crit threat Orange falchion on Annie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 = 12

- Round 6 -
Good Folks - 19
Cult Leader - 19 (-68hp, glittery, prayer)(lightning: 2)
Sphinx - 19 (dead)
Red - 19 (-18hp, prayer)
Blue - 19 (-33hp, prayer)
Orange - 19 (-12hp, glittery)
Green - 19 (-51hp, bleeding)
Purple - 19 (-49hp, prayer, bleeding)
Yellow - 19 (dead)
Pink - 19 (-44hp, prayer, bleeding)
Nidhi - 15 (-15hp)
Zilchus - 10 (-38hp)
Stelle - 4 (-22hp)
Annie - 4 (-14hp, -16hp?)
- Round 7 -
Florence - 26 (unconscious, stable)
Benedictus - 22 (-41hp, reflex, concentration check)

Everyone is up!


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Prescience roll: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 21
Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 10 (taking the 13 from above, for a total result of 21)

Ben takes 5 points of damage.
hp 4/50

Concentration check vs. lightning (DC 18): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Concentration check vs. falchion (DC 26): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Ben loses his spell, and is critically wounded. He steps back, casts a spell on himself and immediately turns invisible. With the remainder of his strenghts, the Osirionologist takes out a scroll from its case...

In the meantime, Ptolomy turns invisible and flies 30 feet high.

Knowledge (arcana) on the sphinx: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 Questions: number of HD


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 6, Initiative 15

"Ben, where are you? Zilchus, do NOT heal the enemies." Nidhi uses her Move Action to switch songs again and starts inspiring the party again. Nidhi considers tossing a heal but thinks damage might be the better alternative. She aims for the blue enemy, and pulls out a fancy-looking arrow (Adamantine Arrow.) This better be worth the gold I spent.

(Masterwork Composite Darkwood Longbow with +2 Magic Enchant): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 19

Damage (Adamantine Arrows): 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 15

After shooting her arrow, Nidhi moves 5 feet to the West see map (as long as she won't provoke)

Inspire Courage: +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Nidhi's Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage = 6/28 used
1st-level spells: 5 available
2nd-level spells: 5 available
3rd-level spells: 1 available, Good Hope (party), Terrible Remorse (red), Terrible Remorse (red)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus your roll doesn't get you a question, but you can read the spoiler above about the basic details of the sphinx.

Nidhi, apologies, I failed to note my shaken condition in my last wave of attacks. I think I still hit Annie and Ben with those rolls, but a failure none the less. In exchange, I'll not take the AoO that shooting your bow draws... :) Sorry about that. (Oh, and 5' steps almost never provoke unless there's something really weird.)

Also, blue drops with an adamantine arrow sticking out of his spleen, though he's not quite dead yet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 6, Init 10

Zilchus holds up his finger to the beautiful caster, pausing a brief second to imbue his icy testicles with some divine rage from the Great Crocodile. Converting REnergy to CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 5) + 5 = 13 healing.

Feeling his manhood descend again, he turns his attention to the nameless caster. Addressing the man as he moves to engage.

"You are a beautiful, talented, brilliant, powerful muskox, but I warned you. I warned you that I would put my sword through your beautiful man chest," Zilchus charges as he charges.

Attack vs. caster:
1d20 + 12 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 24 to hit; (+charge,+DF,Bard/hope,+prayer)
2d4 + 13 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 13 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 26 adamantine slashing damage. (DF,Bard,Good,Prayer)
1d100 ⇒ 84 high is good

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 33/66
AC: 2 dex + 3 SoF + 1 dodge + 2 ring.= 18
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) +3 SoF

DF:4/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 2/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 4/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

With Zilchus' blow, the cult leader whom had been so weakened by Stelle's repeated blows, totters, and falls... dead on the ground. He too explodes in a white-hot light and burns to ash in a matter of seconds. His mask falls to the ground next to his pile, already mixing in with the sand.

Fort DC 17 or blind one round, Zilchus and Orange.
Orange Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Orange stands blind at Stelle's feet...


"I warned you! You, beautiful man angel!"

1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 23 Fort (Hope,Prayer)

Zilchus luckily catches a second explosion in his loincloth.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 6, Init 4

Stelle watches Zilchus step up and tag the Leader! "Thank you for stopping the blinking!"
DeflectBlowonAnnie: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 32 Mounted Combat, +GHope, +Prayer, +Courage

She addresses Orange.
"Be seeing you!"

Stelle and Annie charge red.

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36 -PA, Mounted Combat, +GHope, +Prayer, +Courage, +Charge
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 6 + 18 + 6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1, 2) + 6 + 6 + 18 + 6 + 6 + 3 = 54 +Str,+Lance,+PA,+GHope,+Courage,+GHope

She turns to see what Orange's fate will be, ready to assist if necessary.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Buffs:
(Banner)
+2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
+1 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 64 [-14][-8]
Annie: Hits: 52 [-14]
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

AC: 27 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The penultimate cultist dies in a fiery explosion, potentially blinding Stelle, Annie, and Nidhi briefly (no need to roll). The party quickly mops up Orange as well, who does little on his turn but try and run away (Stelle can catch if you wish, just let me know if he gets away - no need to roll).

The area grows quiet save for the slight sound of insects in the vicinity of the watering hole.

You have several would-be prisoners, but you'll find that if you wake them, they have the ability to sell-immolate - and they do so rather than answer questions. Let me know if you try something different after the first one to awaken does so.

As for searching, you find 14 scrolls of magic missile (third), 7 scrolls of magic weapon (first), and 7 gold funerary masks (25gp ea). On the cult leader, you gather a scroll of fireball (fifth), a scroll of teleport (seventh), a wand of disguise self (38 charges), a cloak of resistance +2, ring of protection +1, sleeves of many garments, a silver mirror (1,000gp), and a gold funerary mask worth 50gp.

Between them you also collect 978gp in assorted cash.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi moves over to Florence and casts Cure Moderate Wounds on her companion.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 3) + 8 = 19

"I wasn't expecting that... Did... you guys want to try to sleep more?" Nidhi tilts her head, unsure.

I think Nidhi has taken the most loot value but I wouldn't mind having sleeves of many garments for her.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus paces around a bit to cool down after the fight before deciding he should probably get more decent in case any other visitors show up in the night. He goes to retrieve his parasol, and uses that to cover his midsection rather than putting on his armor.

He drags the dead away after they have been looted, then calls upon the Great Crocodile to heal the party with his Zilchusian spark.

5d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 2, 6) = 19 healing
5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 5, 6, 2) = 19 healing

"You feelin' better now that you have a bit of the Zilch in you?" Zilchus asks Florence as she regains her feel. He holds the parasol in front of him protectively, and is genuinely concerned for her condition.

"Ben? BEN!? Do you know why they are exploding on their own? Not what I was expecting." GM Evilan, is there a roll to figure that out?


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle will go after Orange.

"I considered letting you tell your friends fiends about us, but I changed my mind."


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence groans as Nidhi's healing magic brings her back to consciousness and she sits up. She takes in the sight of several scorched places in the sand (and the piles of clothing and equipment left behind), the dead sphinx, and her friends, all of whom are varying degrees of bloody, burnt, and frostbitten.

"Um...since I'm still alive I guess we won?" she asks stupidly, slowly climbing to feet as Zilchus sets about healing everyone - and shudders a little at her companion's choice of words as he asks about her condition. "That's...that's not how I'd put that question but yes, I feel much better, thank you - you too, Nidhi," Florence replies, shaking her head slightly.

With everyone more or less already mended up after the scuffle, Florence is free to turn her attention to the prisoners they have and the odd scorch marks dotting the sand. "So...what happened here? Did I miss some new magic of Ben's? No? Wait...they blew up?" she asks, goggling with amazement. "I...how does that even happen? I thought spontaneous human combustion was just a myth!"

Although she's yet to see anyone explode with her own two eyes, Florence quickly begins trying to recall if she's ever heard of any magic that might cause such a reaction.

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Not sure about what happened," says Ben, suddenly becoming visible again next to the dead sphinx, a scroll in hand and a doubtful look on his face. "But this time I have a question for you...what would you think, if I were to reanimate this sphix from the dead and use it to our advantage in the challenges to come? I know necromancy is usually subject to various interpretations..."


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Ben (Heart-to-Heart):

Although quite distraught, Florence blinks away her tears and tries to listen to Ben's words, really listen. Somewhere in the back of her mind she feels another pang of guilt, knowing that she's dropped a lot into his lap all at once.

Will he...will he pull away after all this?

She really couldn't blame him if he did.

But as she listens, her breathing slows and her tears cease. When Ben is finished speaking, she's silent, thoughtful. "I...you know, I hadn't really thought about it like that," she finally admits. "When I was younger I sometimes heard people say that those who'd passed on were in a better place, but it wasn't ever something I really sat down and thought about. It just seemed like words, just something said to make the grieving feel better. But with the way you describe it, it sounds...beautiful, in its own way," Florence says, smiling a bit as she wipes at her eyes. "I'd like to think that they don't hate me, wherever they are. That they aren't sad that they'll never get to see what sort of people my brother and my sister grow to be...never get to meet the families they might start."

It was funny, if anyone else had taken such a detached view of her story...well, Florence wasn't sure how she might've reacted. But with Ben, well...

"No...no no no, it's okay, don't apologize," she continues, squeezing Ben's hands. "Heh...if you'd said anything else, you wouldn't be you. I'll admit, I don't always understand or even like the way you think but you're always honest and that's what matters to me. That you're honest and that you...that you believe me..."

Florence suddenly feels tears threatening to overwhelm her again. She looks Ben in the eyes, her voice full of hope and fear all swirled together. "You really believe me? You don't hate me or...or...or think I'm crazy?"

So sorry for the delay on this Ben; I hadn't forgotten but I've found that sometimes I have to be in a certain 'mood' to write emotional scenes!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Knowledge Arcana is good I think for the burning cultists. Florence is able to explain it...

Upon taking this feat, you undergo a ritual wherein the cartouche of Pharaoh Hakotep I is carved into your flesh (typically on the chest or back), and then embellished with painful crimson and ocher tattoos. The ritual takes 1 hour to complete, and you take 3 permanent points of damage from the wound. Upon completion of the ritual, you gain the feat’s benefits.

As an immediate action, or when you die, you can cause white-hot fire to burst from the tattooed cartouche on your flesh, immolating your body in a bright flash and instantly reducing it to ash. If you are still alive, you are immediately slain. Spells such as raise dead or speak with dead cannot be used on your remains, but your equipment is unaffected.

As the fire consumes you, creatures within a 10-foot burst must succeed at a Fortitude save or be blinded for 1 round. Blind or sightless creatures are unaffected by this blinding effect.

Nidhi, help yourself to the sleeves, they're inexpensive.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi picks up the sleeves, taking off her dark red traveling cloak to put them on. The bard puts her cloak back on over the new clothing.

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"...what would you think, if I were to reanimate this sphix from the dead and use it to our advantage in the challenges to come?"

A nasty-looking expression crosses Nidhi's face. "You would mutilate yourself for-" Nidhi gestures at the corpse of the sphinx. She takes a step back, "I mean... isn't that what we've been trying to avoid all this time?" More quietly and to herself: "Although, maybe a tattoo or two would make you look more fierce." Nidhi's eyes compare the size of Ben's biceps to Zilchus'/Stelle's and she shakes her head. Poor Ben. So little muscle.

Nidhi crosses her arms over her chest. "I'll stand with you and your decisions, Ben. Although, I think it's a heavy price." The bard's eyes widen: "Wait! Ben! If you want, you can wear my mask for a while. I think it can raise the dead. Then, after we're done with the sphinx you can give it back." The end justifies the means... right? Nidhi isn't sure herself.

Nidhi dexterously fiddles with the straps of her mask, eventually pulling it off her head. Nidhi offers the Mask of the Forgotten Pharaoh to Ben to borrow. "For the sphinx." If Ben refuses, Nidhi puts the mask back on.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

You must be evil to animate dead with the mask (link) and I don't think Ben qualifies as yet. :)


Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"But this time I have a question for you...what would you think, if I were to reanimate this sphix from the dead and use it to our advantage in the challenges to come? I know necromancy is usually subject to various interpretations..."

Zilchus looks at Ben with a look of angry horror.

"What the piddlespot did you just say?" Zilchus asks in a low and deadly voice. Sure, he's carrying a parasol so Ben can't examine his loinly parts, but still feels like the Great White Crocodile inside.

"Oh hells no, Ben. What kind of piddlespottingly stupid idea is that? You wearing that old headband again?"

Zilchus offers Nidhi a *VERY* sharp look as she offers the Mask away. He offers a quick shake of the head in case she missed his point.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Anubis drags Orange back to camp at the will of Stelle, dumping it among the others.

She offers Annie a snack and some fresh water.

Benedictus wrote:
"But this time I have a question for you...what would you think, if I were to reanimate this sphix from the dead and use it to our advantage in the challenges to come? I know necromancy is usually subject to various interpretations..."

What?!

Stelle shoots Benedictus a look of shock, before bursting into a fit of chortles. "Why Benedictus! I had no idea that you had such a sense of humor!" She then regards him reproachfully, one eyebrow raised.

"We should just pack up all this stuff and move forward," she says, starting to sort and pack items. "We'll strike camp earlier today if we don't make it to our destination first."


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"No...just...even putting aside the morality issues, it's creepy Ben," Florence agrees, less outraged and more disgusted...and perhaps a little disappointed, too. "A rotting sphinx isn't what I want to wake up to see every morning. Your elementals and other things you call to fight for us all seem to work really well so why not stick to that?"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Ok! Ok! I was just saying...I know people tend to consider those kind of things as evil acts...In truth, I thought about using this strategy in combat, when everything seemed lost to me. But I guess it is useless now. It's just...You know, I love sphinxes," Ben explains with the genuinity of a child, "I always did. They were my favorite mythical creatures. And I feel so bad for not having been able to speak with the first sphinx I have every met! But okay, nevermind, pretend I did not say nothing..."

"Oh, and Nidhi...Stop looking at my arms! It...It embarasses me!"


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Um, it's okay..." Florence responds, scratching awkwardly at a spot on the back of her neck. "Maybe we'll meet another one that's more friendly? Feels like practically anything can happen these days so maybe we'll get lucky."

What a weird idea...Ben's got a strange way of looking at the world sometimes.

Florence looks around, noting that it's still some time yet until the sun rises. "So...I think I'm ready to go back to bed. Or at least try...I feel all wound up like a spool of thread after that but we need to get all the rest we can."


Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"It's just...You know, I love sphinxes.

Yeah, I love my Mom too, but you don't see my reanimating her corpse and asking her to traipse along after me, do you?

Zilchus bites his lip and holds back a retort.

* * *

Zilchus twirls his parasol, defensively, still feeling rather naked in the night. He wasn't expecting to be fighting or killing or anything. Again, he thinks about going to armor himself, but hopes he'll be going back to bed soon enough to not make the effort worthwhile.

"Ben, how the heck did they even find us? Let alone get all of them to us so quickly? Flo? Do you know?" Zilchus asks. "They got here is force and quickly. That's worrysome."


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Zilchus wrote:
"Ben, how the heck did they even find us? Let alone get all of them to us so quickly? Flo? Do you know?" Zilchus asks. "They got here is force and quickly. That's worrysome."

"Good question... maybe our assasin 'friends' have spy 'friends'? Whatever it is, I take this as a sign that we are headed in the right direction."

Florence wrote:
"So...I think I'm ready to go back to bed. Or at least try...I feel all wound up like a spool of thread after that but we need to get all the rest we can."

Stelle stops packing up.

Rest... OH! She nods. "Of course! I didn't realize it was that early still. We'll finish up watch so you all can rest more."

Stelle glowers at the dead hieracosphinx. You better not start to stink before daybreak...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"I always did. They were my favorite mythical creatures. And I feel so bad for not having been able to speak with the first sphinx I have every met! But okay, nevermind, pretend I did not say nothing..."

Nidhi starts to tear up. "Oh! Oh, BEN~! That - that's so romantic! Mark my words: I will help you on your pure-of-heart quest!" She covers her heart with both hands, "it's like an unrequited love, isn't it?" Nidhi wipes away a single tear and composes herself after her theatrics. "If Cahal were my Sphinx..."

Florence Corvina wrote:
"So...I think I'm ready to go back to bed. Or at least try...I feel all wound up like a spool of thread after that but we need to get all the rest we can."

"Yeah, I'd say sleeping would be best. Take eight hours if you three need."

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
Zilchus twirls his parasol, defensively, still feeling rather naked in the night.

The action gets Nidhi's attention. "Why, Zilchus... I never noticed before, but your body is... very nice." The bard is addressing Zilchus but her gaze is focused on his upper arms and pectoral region. "You fought well. Maybe you should forgo some of that bulky armor in future fights... You know, just go into battle bare-chested." Nidhi's eyes glitter, "we could oil you up. The shine on your chest would reflect the desert sun and you'd blind our enemies!" Nidhi doesn't actually believe in this strategy - she's just being manipulative. (lol, Nidhi is a creeper sometimes)

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"They got here is force and quickly. That's worrysome."

Nidhi shrugs, "stalkers? We are kind of a big deal after saving Wati. Maybe part of the assassins?"

4,551 to 4,600 of 8,617 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.