GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,601 to 4,650 of 8,597 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 12

The party sleeps a little further, and awakens refreshed and ready to start a new day! Spells and resources used during the fight are gone naturally, but you are otherwise rested and ready to go when the sun comes up, bright and hot. You continue on in your quest to find the hidden tomb.

It is another nice day in the high desert. It is always a nice day, if by nice you meant an air temperature like an oven and sand you could roast chestnuts on. You travel into a world of yellow and umber. For a while, scrubby trees held on against the sand, but the sand wins and marches triumphantly onward, dune after dune.

The desert is not only hot, it is quiet. There are no birds, none of the susurration of organic creatures busily being alive. At night there might be the whine of insects, but they are deep under the sand against the scorch of the day, and the yellow sun and yellow sand becomes an anvil against which you are hammered.

Thankfully the temperature on the chariot is much more amenable and with the exception of the occasional break to make water and the like, the journey is (probably) uneventful.

You can cover two squares a day carefully, or double that if you are traveling in a straight line and not searching for clues. That speed is thanks to the abilities of the steeds pulling your magically created chariot - effectively doubling your movement rates. Please note on the map which two hexes you wish to search today.

I suggest, in the interest of time, you elect someone to be in charge of the search. That player will pick the hexes you search - though of course everyone should have input. I just don’t want to get too bogged down in which areas you check each day.


Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"You fought well. Maybe you should forgo some of that bulky armor in future fights... You know, just go into battle bare-chested." Nidhi's eyes glitter, "we could oil you up. The shine on your chest would reflect the desert sun and you'd blind our enemies!"

Zilchus' face reddens and he simultaneously tries to parasol-protect both lower and higher on his body at the same time, resulting in a lot of awkward loincloth flashes and uncomfortable weirdness.

"Stop that! Uh...I'm tired! I'm going to bed! No oils! No...I like my armor!" Zilchus replies as he begins to back away from the party, keeping his parasol inbetween him and the party. "Armor keeps us safe. Oils...oils...uh...I gotta go! To bed!!" Once out of torchlight, Zilchus sprints for his bedroll and tries to sleep the night.

* * *

In the morning (and feeling much more armored when he's armored), Zilchus will pray and try to forget the attack from last night, and be ready to continue the search.

Zilchus scribbled over a few hexes in pink on the Roll20 map. Maybe that's where we go.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"I don't know...magic, maybe?" Florence offers, quite serious. "Magic can do all manner of things, so maybe they were able to locate us that way."

She does try to ponder how they were tracked so quickly and without any traditional means of transportation.

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
________

After getting as much rest as she's able, Florence rises the next morning also ready to continue onward and get away from the site of their ambush. She peers curiously over Zilchus' shoulder at their map as they prepare to depart, noting that his proposed route took them towards the mountains.

"Hmm...are you thinking we should examine the perimeter of where this place is supposed to be and then narrow it down from there?"

Before they get underway, Florence decides that some magical protections are in order after the night they'd had. She grants Zilchus an extra dose of heroic might and then artificially augments her own life force.

"I've had enough of eating ground," she scowls.

False Life, Greater: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (9, 8) + 9 = 26 extra HP.

Spells & Powers:

5th - Baleful Polymorph, Break Enchantment
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism, Lightning Bolt, Prayer
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize
Lesser Extend Rod (2/3)


________

Zilchus should be rocking Heroism for awhile, thanks to the Lesser Extend rod.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle volunteers to aim toward the arrows, contributing her own scribble to the map.


In the morning, Zilchus will be-armor himself and cast extended Magic Vestment on his buckler. With weapon cord going from wrist to falchion, Zilchus will be ready to go after striking camp.

”Hey cool! I like that!” ZIlchus says heroically at Flo’s spell. You could/should also wait until we find anything of interest before casting. Since it appears we’re searching hexes, might be best to wait until something interesting happens and cast it then.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:

Nidhi starts to tear up. "Oh! Oh, BEN~! That - that's so romantic! Mark my words: I will help you on your pure-of-heart quest!" She covers her heart with both hands, "it's like an unrequited love, isn't it?" Nidhi wipes away a single tear and composes herself after her theatrics. "If Cahal were my Sphinx..."

"Oh, thank you Nidhi," Ben answers, a bit hesitantly. Of everyone in the party, she was the last he expected to receive sympathy for. And while the others did not understand his motives, perhaps not even Florence, Nidhi did. "Thank you so much, it means a lot. You know, I learned the language of sphinx for the sole purpose of one day being able to conversate with one of them! I'm pretty fluent at it! Oh, and I also made a lot of exercise with riddles! Sphinxes love riddles!"

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:


"Ben, how the heck did they even find us? Let alone get all of them to us so quickly? Flo? Do you know?" Zilchus asks. "They got here is force and quickly. That's worrysome."

"They know we have the mask, Zil. And we made no efforts to conceal our next move, so I guess that was pretty easy for them. This is precisely what I was worried about before we decided to head out in the desert, and the reason why I insisted so much that Nidhi refrained from telling everyone about our great exploits..." Ben answers, the matter of the sphinx largely set aside, for the moment, and perhaps forever.

Before resuming the travel, Ben walks closer to Florence and whispers something in her ear. "I know, that sounded...creepy, you are right. But I conceive arcane magic as an amoral field, one where moral concern should not be involved. I know there are divergent opinions, but mine is more than an opinion. It's my faith, shared by most of those who believe in the All-Seeing-Eye. I know you don't share it, but I hope one day you will at least respect it. That look in your eyes...I know what you are thinking about me, because many look at me in the same way. But this time it was nothing strange or individual or personal. Just applying the tenets of my faith and my own convinctions to a concrete case. "


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"You're right, I don't understand it," Florence whispers back. "And I know, you could say that the soul has moved on and so there's no harm done with using what's left behind, but not everyone looks at it that way. Some people think you're trapping the soul or damaging it and others just feel that it's...disrespectful, whether to the being or to nature's cycle."

Florence sighs; she hadn't expected to be discussing the pros and cons of necromancy right after breakfast, but here they were. "I know you don't mean to do any ill with it but not everyone sees the world like you do and not everyone knows you like we do. For every Ben that just wants to reanimate a sphinx for the long-term betterment of the world, there's likely two others who want to reanimate bodies so they'll forcibly dismantle the living."

She shakes her head. "I respect Nethys but that doesn't mean that I have to respect or agree with or understand everything his followers do. Just...be careful with how you use your gifts, okay? And why."
________

I guess Zilchus makes a good point; I'll do a slight retcon that Florence will wait and use her spells if we end up stopping to have a closer look at something.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 18

Florence, and likely Benedictus too if he puts his mind to it, will note that the focus component for the scry spell is in fact a silver mirror of not less than 1,000gp value. Exactly like the one you found in the cult leaders possession.

You head out into the desert come sunrise and, just before lunch, you near the northern edge of your first hex. There you encounter something other than dunes, dry sand, and blistering heat (though again your banner protects you from the worst of it).

This area of rocky plains is littered with huge boulders that have been scoured smooth by sandstorms. Ahead, a large, dry sinkhole opens in the rocks - nearly 40’ across at its widest point. The hole looks very deep indeed, and with smooth sided walls, will require a DC 20 climb check to descend if that is your wish. You hear the soft echo sounds of singing - or something. It sounds like air whistling musically through brass pipes. It is very pleasant and seems to follow an unusually steady rhythm.

I’ve updated the map… well, I’m reusing the oasis map, but the water is now actually the sinkhole - an open dark pit descending deep into the ground. Oh and there is no greenery, just rocks and open desert.


Now might be a good time for heroics, Florence.

Casting Magic Circle against Evil.

Zilchus departs the chariot, anxious to be on his feet again. He is armored and feeling much more protected than the night before. He puts away his parasol that he had out during the trip to keep the sun out of his eyes. He re-attaches his weapon cord as he walks closer to the end of the not-oasis.

He stretches his legs out, walking to and fro like a sumo wrestler, warming up his ample (and cramped) leg muscles before limbering up his arms and shoulders.

"Say Ben? Stelle? Did I mention yet how much I appreciate the chariot? I thought it would be awful, but thinking about it, it's much better than humping it on camelback," Zilchus says with a stretching arm flex. "Sometimes you get long winded, but you've made up for it with this chariot, I'll tell you that. Heck, I even think Bynx likes it."

Getting to the lip of the hole, he looks and listens intently.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24 Perception


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence will do the application of extended Heroism and Greater False Life as indicated in previous posts!
________

When the chariot comes to a stop and everyone climbs out to stretch, Florence applies the protective magics she'd prepared for just such an occasion. She also cautiously approaches the hole and peers down into it, unable to help herself.

"So...is that singing I hear? That's a perfectly normal thing to hear coming out of a sinkhole in the middle of nowhere, right?" she remarks, unsure of whether to be nervous or simply curious, or perhaps both.

"Should we check it out? It's probably not those exploding weirdos, but that's about the only thing I'm somewhat certain of."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


HP: 58/58 l AC: 22, T 14, FF 20 l CMD 14 (18 vs. trip) l F +4, Ref +7, W +11, Spell Resistance 21 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Bynx also hops out of the chariot, but remains close to it. He'd narrowly avoided being turned into a frozen treat only yesterday and so he's not feeling as adventurous as he might normally be.

"Maow."

I do like the chariot! About time we actually get to travel in *style*.

He looks around, sniffing the air.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

While Zilchus is busy preparing for the climb, Benedictus gets closer to the sinkhole and uses the time at his disposal to cast arcane eye and send his invisible sensor down the sinkhole. Ben also casts dancing lights, and uses them to accompany the eye and allow it to see even in the darkness. The magical sensor will take a look around and continue the exploration of the sinkhole until it finds something interesting.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle climbs out of the chariot after Anubis bolts out of it. The young dog winds up several feet away to pause for a brief sand bath before returning to Stelle's side.

The halfling and her steed cautiously approach the edge of the sink hole. "Nidhi, do you know this one?" she asks listening quizzically to the music emanating from the sinkhole.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

I feel like I missed so much D:

Nidhi approaches Florence and Zilchus 30 feet and pulls out her longbow in caution. "Singing?" Maybe I should start singing... Have a sing-off. Nidhi looks unsure about the whole situation.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Nidhi, do you know this one?"

Nidhi tries to recall if she's recognizes the melody or lyrics. Perhaps from one of the other performers who have passed through Wati.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

A superstitious expression crosses Nidhi's face. "They must have known we were going to come by. This is obviously a personal challenge directed at me. I have to answer the call." (lol) Nidhi takes a deep swig from her canteen and stares resolutely at the sing hole.

Perform (sing): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24

Nidhi begins to sing about an alleged "best song in the world" she was responsible for singing. Nidhi tries her best to sing louder than the other voice, attempting to overpower the other voice.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle adds her voice to Nidhi's in harmony.

Aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 If successful, Nidhi gets a +4 bonus

... And then immediately stops when she remembers that she can't always sing.

She gives a very embarrassed shrug to Nidhi.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 58/58 l AC: 22, T 14, FF 20 l CMD 14 (18 vs. trip) l F +4, Ref +7, W +11, Spell Resistance 21 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Bynx's ears perk up as first Nidhi and Stelle begin singing into (at?) the big hole in the ground. He trots over a little closer and decides to join in.

"MaoOoOowr mew mew reEEeeOOoorr meow!"

Perform: Sing Caterwaul: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As the party crowds around the hole, peering downward, Benedictus sends sight into the pit - and gets a reaction.

A bolt of lighting flies out from the pit, though whether at the eye or the light is anyones guess. The whistling turns to bellowing, and something begins to climb up the sandy walls!

Benedictus:
You see a slithering, multilegged blue reptile with a fearsome head crowned with two large, curling horns. Knowledge Arcana to learn more as it rises, scurrying up the sand like it was born to it.
- - -

- Round Surprise -
Benedictus - 28
- Round 1 -
Benedictus - 28
Florence - 24
Nidhi - 19
Zilchus - 15
Stelle - 10
Good Folks - 2

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Good Folk 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Next up - Benedictus in the surprise round and then everyone in round one. Keep in mind most of you cannot yet see what comes - though it sounds very large.

Please remember to move yourselves on the map. A few of you have said you're at the edge looking in, but you're rather scattered on the map. Thanks!


Round 1, Init 15

Zilchus smiles as something rises from the pit to come to appreciate the cacophonous mewlings of the party. He was enjoying the ruckus, but apparently the pit dweller did not share the same love of discordant raspings as Zilchus does.

He readies his sword, imbuing his armor with a bit more protections (+1 more for one minute) and casting by hand Divine Favor.

He waits to see what is coming to greet them, figuring that it was likely to be painful.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 66/66
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) +1 = 26/24

DF:4/10
Weap: 0/9 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 0/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 0/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 1/9 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
Nidhi approaches Florence and Zilchus 30 feet and pulls out her longbow in caution.

Nidhi is at a good spot on the map.

Round 1, Initiative 15:

Holding her bow, Nidhi begins to sing in a different manner. She sings in a way that inspires courage to her party members. Move Action: Inspire Courage

Nidhi also calls out to the party: "I'm sure anything that can sing like that is B. E. A. U. T. I. F. U. L!" Standard Action: Good Hope (everyone)

Inspire Courage: (PRD link) +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (PRD link) +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls. Lasts 9 minutes.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Adjusted Flo's starting position to be even with Zilchus and also adjusted Bynx's position, to better sync up with what's been posted.
________

Round 1, Initiative 24

As soon as Ben indicates that something's coming up and out of the hole, Florence looks to Zilchus and pats him on the shoulder. "Um...good luck! We'll be right behind you!"

She then quickly falls back from the hole, having no wish to tangle with whatever's approaching.

Spells & Powers:

5th - Break Enchantment, Hold Monster
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism, Lightning Bolt, Prayer
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (2/3)

Fortune Hex Uses: Zilchus
Healing Hex Uses:


________

Flo applies her Fortune hex to Zilchus, which now lasts for 2 rounds at a time (sans Cackle shenanigans), and then moves to her current position.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

FastMount: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 = 33

"Oooh!" Stelle giggles excitedly. "I love this song!"

She takes a five foot step back from the sinkhole edge, swings aboard Anubis and readies her Lance.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (arcana) check: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Questions: DR, special abilities, SR

"Watch out! Something's coming!

Assuming that the creature will pose a threat to the party, Benedictus starts casting a summoning spell (summon monster V), and once he is done (that would be Round 1, I suppose), three celestial lions (1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3) appear next to the Osirionologist, their golden mane shining under the tropical sun.

The lions are large-sized, and they all have their stats augmented by Ben's Augment Summoning feat.

With a gesture of his hand, Ben directs the lions to pounce at the threat as soon as it makes itself known (both Ben and the lions are technically delaying until the creature becomes visible.)

In the meantime, Ptolomy flies high above the ground (30 ft.) and waits for his master's command, while Ben himself starts casting another summoning spell.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Florence:
This is perhaps the first time when Florence really lets her feelings spill out so explicitly in Ben's presence, and there is nothing the scholar can do to conceal the joy caused inside of him by her words, although the nature of the conversation, and especially its tone so far, are not particularly appropriate to a joyful reaction.

"I only lie to those I do not respect...," Ben explains with a calm, yet comforting smile, "and I do respect you, Florence. Even more now that I know what you have been through. Wanna know something funny?" Ben's eyes lingers on the outside of the chariot for a moment, his mind intent in finding the right words to prevent Florence to feel insulted by the concept expressed. "When I first met you, I mean the very first day, my brain immediately labeled you as a "simple" person. I don't know why, but I thought that you were one of those persons who never have never experienced something shocking in their lives. You seemed so perfectly in line with the ordinary way of speaking and acting that I thought that you just had a plain, simple life behind you. It took me a lot of time to realize that I was wrong, but I did. And today, you made it clear that you are no ordinary person. But you know, I believe it is a rare gift, this one you have...Looking simple and perfectly normal on the outside, while in the inside you have wounds so deep that a common person could not even imagine. This is a quality I lack. I am so terribly clumsy, both socially and physically, and that is a constant reminder of my peculiar backstory. But you...You experience such a tragedy, and you still manage to look simple, calm, kind on the surface, like a deep ocean filled with strong, but invisible currents that only those who brave the depths of its abyss can get a hint of."

Ben sighs, and puts a arm over Florence's shoulder. He then puts both his hands on her cheeks, leaning toward her lips. "I don't think you're crazy, I don't hate you. I...I guess you know what I feel for you...And that's definitely not hate." His courage suddenly vanishing, Ben pulls his hands back quite abruptly, his cheeks red for the embarassment. "I'm sorry, I...I know, you asked me to take it slow, and I'm trying, but it's not easy. You cannot ask a child who's just learning to walk to do so slowly or quickly. I feel the same, I mean...I don't even know how to "take" this, how to behave in such situations, and I...sometimes I feel like I'm going too fast, but other time I fear I'm taking it too slow, and letting our...our feelings die as a flower that goes unwatered for too much time. I'm sorry, you deserve a better lover than me, Flo. But know that I'm trying my best, and I'm being honest. I don't want to lie to you, or hold back what I feel. Because I cannot, and I don't want to. But I'm talking too much, as always."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus, summoning is a full round action, surprise rounds are not. So you begin your summons in the surprise round (standard) and finish in round one (which takes another standard by the rules (link)). You have a move action left in round one, but cannot delay until the creature becomes visible as you've already acted in the round (and the lions go on your init - they cannot delay or ready of their own accord).

Also, as you cannot start a full round action with a move action, so you have not yet begun your second summons. If in round two you wish to begin another summons, you may, but it'll complete in round three at the start of your round as normal.

So at the end of round one, the lions are there, and milling about as there is nothing they can yet fight. They can attack on your turn in round two, but not before (which may end up benefiting the party, but that will be clearer later).

Benedictus:
You face a Behir, N Huge magical beast.

No DR or SR, Special Attacks breath weapon (20-foot line, 7d6 electricity damage, Reflex DC 20 for half, usable every 1d4 rounds), constrict (2d6+9), rake (6 claws +14, 1d4+6), swallow whole (2d8+9 bludgeoning damage, AC 16, 10 hp)
- - -


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 2

Benedictus summons three celestial lions, their manes waving as they look around for something to eat. Florence gives good fortune to Zilchus as she falls back a bit for better protection. Nidhi sings and provides hope for the impending battle. Zilchus further prepares himself for the coming battle. Stelle mounts up and prepares for battle.

You hear the raspy sound of sand as the creature crests the pit and eyes Nidhi with its head cocked to one side. It is a slithering, multilegged huge blue reptile with a fearsome head crowned with two large, curling horns. Knowledge Arcana to learn more. It does not attack at this time though its hard to know if it ran out of actions (double move) or simply stopped to listen (move and standard). As it breathes, you hear the brass pipes sound you mistook for singing earlier. Very melodical though.

Sense Motive DC 20:
It stopped to listen to Nidhi’ts singing. It seems fascinated by the music as it slightly breathes in time with the tune.
- - -

- Round 2 -
Benedictus - 28
Florence - 24
Nidhi - 19
Zilchus - 15
Stelle - 10
Good Folks - 2

Next up - everyone! Nidhi, if you wish to try and continue to perform at the creature, you’ll need to sing to it as a standard action and roll a perform check.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

GM:
According to what Ben knows about Behir, are they always aggressive or can be reasoned with?

Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 7


1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Sense Motive

Holding off on Z's post until I see how and what others do before him.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

SenseMotiveDC20: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27 Good Hope

Stelle gasps. "See?" she says softly, but audibly enough to be heard by all. "It's a great song -- keep singing Nidhi! This Blue Lizard likes it! It's breathing as if it is tring to pick up the melody! Does anyone know what this creature is?"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2, Initiative 19:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
Stelle gasps. "See?" she says softly, but audibly enough to be heard by all. "It's a great song -- keep singing Nidhi! This Blue Lizard likes it! It's breathing as if it is tring to pick up the melody! Does anyone know what this creature is?"

Nidhi smiles at Stelle's words. Oh? A fan?

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Nidhi stops her free action of Inspiring the party and picks up her original song - a song about allegedly singing the best song in the world - although this one is just a tribute. She puts both hands, although holding her bow, over her core as if to help with her projection.

Perform: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23

"Look into my eyes and it's easy to see
One and one make two, two and one make three,
It was destiny."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus:
They are, by their nature, very aggressive creatures. They usually attack without delay or hesitation - anything in their territory.
- - -

Nidhi doesn't learn anything about the creature with her Knowledge Arcana. Nidhi, you may continue the inspiration as a free action if you wish along with the song. You can multitask though it seems weird.

Also, anyone may attempt to aid Nidhi as a standard action (perform DC 10, can't take-10) - I forgot to mention that earlier.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

In that case, Nidhi will continue her free action of Inspire Courage. "Don't hurt this majestic being!" It clearly has refined musical taste.

Remember Good Hope give you +2 morale bonus to Skill Checks


Round 2, Init 15

Zilchus turns to look at Nidhi with his eyes wide as if to say Are you piddlespotting nuts!? But then he remembers that Yes! has always been the answer to that question in regards to Nidhi. Though he doesn't think her plan will work, he 5' steps back, taking total defense. His falchion ices over with flames, just in case. Frosting & Flaming the sword.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 66/66
AC: 25/22 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) +1+4 = 30/27

DF:4/10
Weap: 1/9 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 0/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 0/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 1/9 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle quietly clears her throat, then tries again.

Perform(Sing): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19 Good Hope! I love recursive Aiding!

There it is, I knew I knew this one!

She picks up the melody and the harmony correctly this time. +4 to Nidhi's roll, Order of the Dragon


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 24

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 17

"Are...are we really singing to this thing?" Florence gapes, whispering to Zilchus and Ben. "We can't keep singing forever - then what?"

Still, perhaps by singing and distracting it they could lure it into a more vulnerable position?

Wearing a 'what the hell' expression, Florence begins singing too...

Perform: Sing (Aid Another; Good Hope): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 2 = 16

...and actually doesn't do half bad with it.

"Is this actually working? I think it might be working," she breathes, giggling nervously.
________

Standard to help with the singing, move action to giggle and maintain Fortune on Zilchus.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence:
You face a Behir, N Huge magical beast. You have two questions if you wish.
- - -

Benedictus is up for round two. I'll push us along after my morning busy slows...


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben decides to wait and see how everything unfolds...In the meantime, he orders his lions to move and starts casting another summoning spell.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 3

Benedictus keeps his lions in check even as he begins to summon something more. Florence aids in the song. Nidhi continues to sing to the giant beast, and its listening! Zilchus further prepares himself for what he feels is an inevitable battle. Stelle aids in the song.

The enormous creature rests on the lip of the pit (effectively a 5' flop), with its bulk still partially clinging effortlessly to the sides of the sandy sinkhole. It listens attentively to Nidhi’s melodies, accompanied by elements of the party. It has its eye on Zilchus, but does not attack. It is clear to all now that it is quite happy to listen to Nidhi a while longer… Now the only question remains - can you communicate?

- Round 3 -
Benedictus - 28
Florence - 24
Nidhi - 19
Zilchus - 15
Stelle - 10
Good Folks - 2

Next up - everyone!


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

GM:

How about Immunities and languages, should it be capable of speech?

Round 3, Initiative 24

A bit flummoxed on what to do now that they've got the creature's attention, Florence begins slipping in her own words amidst Nidhi's tune.

Perform: Sing (Aid Another; Good Hope): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

~So what do we do
With the behir among us
So he won't decide to chew
On our bones, like the humerus~

~If our big friend understands
And is impressed by our harmony
Maybe he'll let us vanish into the sands
And not munch on our arm...ony~

"...I never said I was any good at this," Florence responds lamely, giggling another nervous giggle.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence:
It is Immune to electricity, and is known to speak the common speech before crushing its victims in its mighty jaws.
- - -


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

And almost as an afterthought, Florence quickly adds a little more...

~Oh and I nearly forgot
Behirs enjoy electrifying baths
So lightning use is all for naught
Speak nicely, Common is fine - maybe avoid some hungry wrath?~


HP: 58/58 l AC: 22, T 14, FF 20 l CMD 14 (18 vs. trip) l F +4, Ref +7, W +11, Spell Resistance 21 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Upon hearing Florence's attempts at rhyming, Bynx actually flattens his ears and looks rather distressed.

*hissssss*

Um...that was awful. Leave the rhymes to Nidhi, okay?


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 3, Init 10

Forgive me, part of this was written before Florence's second post

Stelle takes a round turn with Florence.

Does anyone know where the love of Gods go
When the sand breaks the dunes with a sinkhole?
And who among us knows
Which goodly aspect the Behir will bestow
Upon us should we cease with our ring tone?

I'd like to know the manner of this beast
Be it good or neutral, chaos or law?
Is it evil and true in promise of feast
..............-- On Us --
Or can we lull it to sleep with a tune without flaw?


Zilchus continues his total defense and worried look.

Sorry for crap post, afk this day.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3:

Nidhi continues Inspire Courage (#3)

GM Euan wrote:
The enormous creature rests on the lip of the pit (effectively a 5' flop), with its bulk still partially clinging effortlessly to the sides of the sandy sinkhole.

Nidhi flinches a little at Florence's 4, but carries on. She looks at the large, blue creature while she sings.

Perform (sing): 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 19 + 2 = 38 Good Hope

Thinking that her song is about as good as it's going to get, Nidhi calls out in common: "Oh, mighty creature! We were passing by when we heard you. We wanted to know what could sound so beautiful."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 = 21 Good Hope


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Everyone - you may continue to aid Nidhi's song, though it seems clear to your characters she did an excellent job of it this round, or you may aid Nidhi's diplomacy check with words of encouragement of your own (Diplomacy DC 10 to aid).


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16 +Good Hope, +4 to Nidhi's roll

"And such a beautiful shade of blue you are! It goes so nicely with those magnificent horns!" she says in her sweetest voice.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

As Ben completes his conjuration spell, five small earth elementals appear, materializing from the sand.

1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Nice work guys, but this won't last...

Benedictus orders the lions and elementals to hold their attacks, for the moment, and in the meantime he casts fly on himself and flies 20 feet off the ground.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus:
How are you getting the extra earth elemental? I thought the roll is d4+1? No biggy, just let me know when you get a chance.
- - -

Benedictus continues to antagonize the behir, summoning more combatants and flying above it. Florence attempts to aid, but is unsuccessful. Nidhi continues singing, breaking briefly to begin conversation with the creature. Zilchus continues to wait for the worst. Stelle considerably aids Nidhi in trying to reason with the behir.

A melodic brassy voice greets you and says simply, ”That was a most pleasant song indeed, you have served me well. For another, I’ll allow you to pass through my territory.”

- Round 4 -
Benedictus - 28
Florence - 24
Nidhi - 19
Zilchus - 15
Stelle - 10
Good Folks - 2

Next up - everyone! Before we’re quite out of combat, Nidhi, I need another perform check from you, if you are willing. Others may aid as usual.


Round 4, Init 15

Zilchus continues his total defense, trying to focus completely on the big beast in front of them rather than trying to carry a tune (something he can't do...unless he's supremely drunk in which case he'll make an effort).


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 4:

The creature understands common! Nidhi smiles broadly. "Of course. It would bring me no greater pleasure."

Perform (sing): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23

4,601 to 4,650 of 8,597 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.