GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,701 to 4,750 of 8,626 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Know (Local)

"Desert Giant? What is that, some sort of giant?" Zilchus queries further as he knows he'll be one taking a scimitar to the face from them if they exist.

Zilchus is also ready to go, but for one additional question...that he asks Ben.

"Ben? Ben? You know about these thriae, right? When they die...and come back to life...are they, are they...*ZOMBEES*? Ben? Ben, are they *zombees*?!! Get it, Ben?! BEN!?! If they are undead?! Ben!?" Zilchus guffaws happily, clapping Ben on the back.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Kn. Local (DC 19): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
How about Special Attacks and Resistances?

Kn. Nature (DC 16): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
I think that's three, so....Special Attacks, Weaknesses, and Immunities? :)

"Hmm....north, north-east...so we need to look very, very carefully for them," Florence repeats. "It sounds like they've hidden themselves really well..."

Her thought trails off as Nidhi mentions honey, again. Sidling a little closer to her friend, Florence whispers, "Is honey a rare treat or something here in Osirion?"
________

Florence's player is totally with Nidhi on this - honey is way better than any jelly or jam!


HP: 58/58 l AC: 22, T 14, FF 20 l CMD 14 (18 vs. trip) l F +4, Ref +7, W +11, Spell Resistance 21 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Bynx looks at Annie and offers a little kitty snort.

I'll keep the, uh, bees out of your nose...if you'll help me get some of that honey later. Deal?


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle blinks ever so patiently as Zilchus asks Ben his question about undead thriae. He could at least wait until we're out of -- she looks up from the map and glances at the Soldier and Zizzira do they even have ears as such? ... Yes... yes they do. She returns her gaze to the map.

Zizzira wrote:
There was a desert giant, a pair of lamias and their leader, who had the appearance of a snake like creature I'm unfamiliar with. The cultists, of which there were many, seemed to favor their falchions, though several did use heavy crossbows when they couldn’t reach us. Tough they were - and they cast some spells as well, though nothing major.

"Well, I guess that leaves us to search every valley, starting here," she says, pointing to the most northeastern hex full of dunes, "then here if we must," she concludes, pointing to the most northwestern hex.


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 16
Bynx wrote:
I'll keep the, uh, bees out of your nose...if you'll help me get some of that honey later. Deal?

Annie flashes a toothy grin at Bynx, and wags his tail.

Honey? You? He stiffs tentatively at the cat.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

This 'honey' is good? I will get honey to try for myself, if I succeed, maybe I will let you have some.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi:
You think so. Normally, humanoids are susceptible to that sort of thing, saving throws aside of course. It may be something unusual, but normally yes you can effect desert giants with your mind effects.
- - -

Florence:
Desert Giants are immune to fire and have the following special abilities.

Sandwalking (Ex) A desert giant travels at full speed across sand, rocky ground, or dust, and leaves no trail behind unless it chooses to.

Scimitar Training (Ex) All desert giants are proficient with scimitars, and can wield them as if they were light weapons. A desert giant adds its full Strength bonus to attacks made with a scimitar wielded in its off hand, and gains a +4 bonus to CMD versus disarm and sunder attempts when fighting with a scimitar in each hand.

Lamias have no particular weaknesses or immunities, though they are very matriarchal (if that helps). The do have a special attack though, wisdom drain…

Wisdom Drain (Su) A lamia drains 1d4 points of Wisdom each time it hits with its melee touch attack. (Unlike with other kinds of ability drain attacks, a lamia does not heal any damage when it uses its Wisdom drain.)

Lamias also have Spell-Like Abilities (CL 9th):
At will—disguise self, ventriloquism
3/day—charm monster (DC 15), major image (DC 14), mirror image, suggestion (DC 14)
1/day—deep slumber (DC 14)
- - -

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
Nidhi shares her creature knowledge with her companions and the bee people. "They sound like the masked people who attacked us before.... So how much honey are we talking about? A few crates?"

”You’ve fought them before? Excellent. As a gesture of our good will, I’ll have some honey brought to you. A whole…”

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"Ben? Ben? You know about these thriae, right? When they die...and come back to life...are they, are they...*ZOMBEES*? Ben? Ben, are they *zombees*?!! Get it, Ben?! BEN!?! If they are undead?! Ben!?" Zilchus guffaws happily, clapping Ben on the back.

”…ah, box. For now.” she frowns at the joke, but buzzes around a bit and one of the soldiers heads off around into the hive.

The soldier returns after a moment, with a finely lacquered box containing about five pounds of honey wrapped and sectioned with wax. He gives it to Zizzira, who gifts it to Nidhi.

”Thank you for your assistance, it is most appreciated!”

The party abandons their search of the rest of the hex (though I’ll leave it as ‘searched’ as there’s nothing more to find) and presses NorthEast - trying to beat the falling sun, and fading spell, to your next search area.

Tomorrow, perhaps, you will catch up to the cultists!


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Soooo....sand giants can travel quickly across the sand and rocky ground and they don't leave a trace doing it unless they just feel like it," Florence remarks once the group gets going again. "And they're pretty good fighters with their scimitars - best watch out for them trying to break your weapon or make you drop it," she warns.

Leaning back in one of the seats, she folds her hands behind her head as she rattles off what else she can remember about the creatures said to be working with the cultists. "Lamias...they're really matriarchal. Their touch can drain away your wisdom and common sense and they have some innate magics that let them put foes to sleep or charm them or use illusion-type trickery. I think they sound scarier than the sand giants, to be honest."


Sorry for sparse post, at PaizoCon, and don’t want to slow things down.

Zilchus seems disappointed that he can’t get a reaction from Ben despite his best ‘joke’. He sulks along from that point on.

He will rest of the night, taking his turn at watch and will be ready to proceed in the morning. He is appreciative of Florence’s input on Giants and Lamias. He’s not too worried about it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi rubs her hands together, a whole crate! Yuuuuuuummy. She doesn't always feel like this hero stuff pays off, but this time she thinks it did. "Alright, well let's be off then. Get it? BE. Because bees." Nidhi slaps a hand to her forehead, "oh, no! Zilchus must be rubbing off on me. It's probably because we've been standing so close our brains are becoming one. Probably." I'm pretty sure that's a thing. Probably.

"Hey, I wanna drive the chariot to the bad guy hideout. Stelle, you don't mind, right? Otherwise I can't promise I won't eat all this delicious honey." She gazes longingly at the crate.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Perception Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Ptolomy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Florence 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Nidhi 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Stelle 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Annie 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 (scent)
Zilchus 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37

Survival Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Florence 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Nidhi 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Stelle 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Zilchus 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

The morning (Starday, Erastus 12, 4714) begins, as always, hot. But the chariot is cool and before long you are on your way across the hilly desert. You spend much of the day disembarking to check out this crevasse or that fissure - but without success. That is until about four in the afternoon when Zilchus finds a hidden valley, in which Stelle spies tracks leading to one of those fissures in the rock! Too many tracks to be anything but your quarry - and not a giant footprint among them.

You leave the chariot behind and advance up a slight slope to the steep ravine in the western end of a hidden valley. The gap is a mere few feet across and looks to descend into a valley beyond. You may prepare as you wish…

With Ben sick, Zilchus conning, and Nidhi stuck with the in-laws, we may be in for a bit of a delay. I’ll wait for everyone to post before proceeding as there is much you might do here and I don’t want to rush you.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Nidhi wrote:
"Hey, I wanna drive the chariot to the bad guy hideout. Stelle, you dont mind, right? Otherwise I cant promise I wont eat all this delicious honey."

Huh, I guess I have been hogging all the driving. "Of course, Nidhi! If anyone else wants to drive, feel free. We could take turns, but I'll advise you all -- it's not all that terribly interesting most of the time."

~~~
As they leave the chariot and approach the hidden valley, Stelle turns to Zilchus. "Do you think we could do Oopsy Topsy while simultaneously Charging? But, how to handle the Giant?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Buffs:
(Banner)
+2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
+1 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge

(Challenge, Order)
Should Stelle challenge a foe -- allies receive a +2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge
------------------------------------------------------------------------


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 16

Earlier, the day before...

Nidhi wrote:
"Otherwise I can't promise I won't eat all this delicious honey." She gazes longingly at the crate.

So that is the 'honey'...

Anubis sniffs excitedly (alBEEit an a subdued manner for him) at Nidhi and the honey laden box.

As dusk ensues and camp is struck, Anubis does a quick patrol around camp to make sure everyone is doing O.K., and that there are no cultists or others lurking nearby. He seems to spend an inordinate amount of time around Zilchus' haversack before moving on to a second border patrol.

He then spends quite a bit of time around Nidhi, fetching things for her should she drop anything, and assisting however possible with heavier loads. As they settle in, he stretches in a kind of cowtow to Nidhi, nuzzling her hand with his nose in invitation to pet him.

Eventually he rises from her side and sniffs heavily at the box of honey before returning to lean against her.

Should she open the box, he'll perform a routine of simple tricks like begging, rolling over, sitting (or doing anything she wants if he knows the trick) -- in between sniffing at the open honey while wagging his tail with a silly grin -- and of course -- drooling slightly.


Zilchus tries to trod carefully as to confirm Stelle's tracking, knowing how annoying it is when others destroy prints before they can be seen.

He puts away the parasol when he is convinced the party is on the correct path. "Ayep, this is it. Let's bee prepared," Zilchus says, attaching his weapon cord and putting away his mighty parasol of sun protection +0.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:

~~~

As they leave the chariot and approach the hidden valley, Stelle turns to Zilchus. "Do you think we could do Oopsy Topsy while simultaneously Charging? But, how to handle the Giant?"

Zilchus listens to Stelle's question and asks for a few more finer technical details ("So...I hit them with my sword, right?") before nodding in agreement. "Yeah, we could give that a try. Sounds like it might even work." Zilchus looks down at his fancy sandals that allow for quicker movement and thinks that it might totally happen.

How big of a valley might it be? Is it doing to take us hours to move through it or less than one or two? Zilchus is trying to decide when to cast longer or shorter range spells.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

At this stage you have not seen anything beyond the crevasse. Could be miles long like the hidden valley you're in now. Then again, it could be a few feet to a door. Risky to look though, if anyone is on the other side...


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (local) check on desert giants: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 DR, SR, resistances, special abilities

Knowledge (nature) check on lamias: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 DR, SR, resistances, special abilities

"These must be them," Ben agrees when his friends point out the existence of the footprints to him. "I guess we should start our search. And this crevasse seems just like the place to start from. Let's go."

Ben casts mage armor on himself.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Yep, seems like the right place," Florence agrees as she hops out of the chariot and looks around, squinting in the bright light. "Time to do what I do best - support from the rear," she muses as she casts her usual routine of protective magics.

Greater False Life: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (8, 10) + 9 = 27
________

Florence casts extended Heroism for Zilch and Stelle and Greater False Life on herself.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Ben:

"No, you're not talking too much," Florence responds, taking Ben's hands in hers once more. "You're talking just enough - you wouldn't be you if you talked any more or any less." She looks down at his hands; they weren't the weathered hands of a farmer or the tough, scarred hands of a warrior. A callus here and there from hours spent holding a quill, the occasional stain of ink. Not perfect for some, but perfect for herself and her own hands stained from hours of working with her herbs.

She smiles, to herself.

Let Nidhi keep the gladiators. They suit her better anyway.

"And I think...I think we make quite the pair," she says, raising her eyes to meet Ben's. "We'll find a speed that works best for us...even if it takes a little trial and error," Florence whispers as she leans close and does what Ben himself had been too hesitant to do moments before.

"I love you, Ben. Thank you."
__________

At long last, there it is! If you want to add anything else I'm fine with it but otherwise this seems like a good place to leave this moment, I think :)

At long last, finally got a reply to you Ben. Hopefully that will be a good enough conclusion!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi pulls the chariot to what she hopes is a gradual and smooth stop. When the wheels stop turning, the bard lowers the reins and exits the vehicle. She conserves her magical abilities for now, but takes out her lowbow in anticipation of the unknown. "This place doesn't look like anything. Why would they make their hideout here? Are you sure this isn't a hyena den?" Nidhi casts a skeptical eye towards Ben, the scholar of the group.

I believe the party hasn't slept since after the cultist fight, correct?

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Also, the map is hexes... a good sign? Lol


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, it’s been five days or so since the last cultist fight. I hope you’ve slept since then. :)

The party prepares and advances. You peer into the valley beyond the fissure (new map up). The valley is narrow, and flanked on either side by steep ridges between 100’ and 300’ high. The tops of these ridges are jagged and loose, which will make climbing them extremely difficult (DC 20). I’ve shown more valley than you can see so far for convenience.

The narrow gorge on the other side of the fissure is crossed by a pair of natural stone arches - narrow and smooth. On the map, the northern arch looks like it stops part way to the building. It does not, it goes all the way across to the upper floor.

To the west, a small pyramid towers over the ravine from its perch atop the cliffs. Below, a columned facade has been hewn from the soft sandstone of the ravine’s northern wall, and though weathered by wind and sand, the carvings were clearly once opulent and intricate. A broad doorway leads inside this structure, while dark openings farther up the facade appear to open into a higher level.

Of more immediate interest is the desert giant (image) patrolling the courtyard with cultists on the ground, and on the bridges, all keeping watch. Far off, next to the pyramid, is a formidable creature (image). She seems to be studying a book of notes, and adding to the margins as she paces, thinking.

Knowledge Nature DC 18:
She’s a Lamia matriarch, CE large monstrous humanoid (shape changer). One question for each five you beat the DC.
- - -

The red and yellow guards are watching the fissure, or are supposed to be anyway.
Perception, red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Perception, yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Red is looking the other way, but yellow spots you peering into the valley. He calls out a warning to the others, ”They’ve caught up! They’re here!”

- Round Surprise -
Benedictus - 33
Good Folks - 4-
- Round 1 -
Benedictus - 33
Florence - 24
Nidhi - 18
Zilchus - 11
Stelle - 4+
Good Folks - 4-

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Good Folk 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Benedictus may act before yellow shouts in the surprise round, then yellow shouts, then everyone in round one.


Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"This place doesn't look like anything. Why would they make their hideout here? Are you sure this isn't a hyena den?"

Zilchus, trodding forward with falchion corded to wrist, tries to keep an eye out for trouble.

"I hope it is a hyena den. I'd rather face a pack of jackals than foes on two feet," Zilchus replies, hoping that this isn't an ambush.

Zilchus has yet to cast any defensive spells, unsure when combats might begin, but grateful for the heroic feelings imbued by Florence.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (nature) check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 Questions: SR, special abilities

"See that creature, up there? She's a lamia matriarch...," explains Benedictus, whispering, "a queen of her race. We should put her down first."

A moment after, Ben is already moving his hands in intricated ways in order to conjure his powerful magic.

***

After the guard gives the alarm, Ben's summoning is complete.

Summon monster V: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Four white-furred bisons appear, their eyes glowing with blue light. Following Benedictus' command, the beats charge forward, trampling everything in their way!

"CHAAAARGE!!!"

The bisons are trampling forward, using the following special abilities.

Trample (Ex) As a full-round action, a creature with the trample ability can attempt to overrun any creature that is at least one size category smaller than itself. This works just like the overrun combat maneuver, but the trampling creature does not need to make a check, it merely has to move over opponents in its path. Targets of a trample take an amount of damage equal to the trampling creature's slam damage + 1-1/2 times its Str modifier. Targets of a trample can make an attack of opportunity, but at a –4 penalty. If targets forgo an attack of opportunity, they can attempt to avoid the trampling creature and receive a Reflex save to take half damage. The save DC against a creature's trample attack is 10 + 1/2 creature's HD + creature's Str modifier (the exact DC is given in the creature's descriptive text). A trampling creature can only deal trampling damage to each target once per round, no matter how many times its movement takes it over a target creature.

Stampede (Ex) A stampede occurs if three or more creatures with stampede make a trample attack while remaining adjacent to each other. While stampeding, the creatures can trample foes of their size or smaller, and the trample's save DC increases by +2.

Red bison trample (DC 24): 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 5) + 15 = 23
Yellow bison trample (DC 24): 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 6) + 15 = 27
Green bison trample (DC 24): 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 5) + 15 = 24
Purple bison trample (DC 24): 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 6) + 15 = 22
______________________
Thank you for your great post, Flo! It is a perfect conclusion indeed!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

ooOOOooh, we are rested? Good :)

Round 1, Initiative 18:

"I feel good about this guys!" Nidhi smiles and casts Good Hope (PRD link - Standard Action) on the entire party. Then, she begins to sing (Inspire Courage PRD link - Move Action.) The song is somewhat of a love song. Nidhi hopes the tall walls of the narrow gorge will provide some nice acoustics for her voice.

Perform: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34 Not necessary. Just because

"Honey, I've waited so long for you
I wanna waste, waste away with you
We're moving slow with glitter on our face
I gotta stay, gotta stay in this place"

Inspire Courage: (everyone) +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (everyone) +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls. Lasts 9 minutes.

Nidhi's Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage = 1/28 used
1st-level spells: 5 available
2nd-level spells: 5 available
3rd-level spells: 3 available, Good Hope (party)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus, the herd has it's charge, so I moved them through and behind the giant and cultist in the open sand. Thanks for the rules too, that helps. Nicely done!

Benedictus:
SR 19, so not too bad, but something.
- - -

Desert Giant Reflex, red: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Desert Giant Reflex, yellow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Cultist Reflex, green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Cultist Reflex, purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Round 1, Init 11

"Ben, that lommy-ya is about a mile up in the air, *how* do you propose we get it first?" Zilchus asks, doing what he usually does in battle, lumbering forward and wondering what the heck Ben is talking about.

Zilchus wades up into battle (moving 30'), and calling upon the great crocodile for protection. Cast Magic Circle from Evil.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 66/66
AC: 25/22 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) +1+4 = 30/27

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/9 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 0/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 0/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/9 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 24

Although Ben's gotten things off to an impressive start with his stampeding bison, Florence fears that it won't be quite that easy to break into the cultist's hideaway. She steps forward, into the open and to the side, and begins casting - a new spell, one she'd not tried before.

Please work please work please work...!

Spells & Powers:

5th - Break Enchantment, Hold Monster
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (1/3)

Fortune Hex Uses:
Healing Hex Uses:


________

Florence will move to her current position and cast...Confusion, centered on the giant. DC 19 Will save.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 1, Init 4+

Nidhi wrote:
Perform: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34 Not necessary. Just because

Stelle's eyes grow wide upon hearing the Bard's song. Wow, she's good! I hope it inspires the cultists to give up and worship us.

Zilchus wrote:
"Ben, that lommy-ya is about a mile up in the air, *how* do you propose we get it first?"

As soon as she sees the dust from the bisonrush start to settle, Stelle urges Anubis on towards the Desert Giant.

"Maybe she'll come to us!" she shouts as she passes Zilchus, glaring up at the Lamia.

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31 -PA, +Hero, +Inspire
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 18 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6, 3) + 6 + 18 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 = 61 +str,+PA,+lance,+Hero,+Courage,+Hope

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Buffs:
(Banner)
+2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
+1 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 70
Annie: Hits: 52
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

AC: 27 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

Extended Hero - +2 attacks saves and skills
Inspire Courage - +2 morale on Saves vs charm/fear, +2 attack and damage
Good Hope - +2 morale on saves, abilities, skill and damage


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Giant Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Cultist Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The giant keeps his senses about him, though much less of his blood than he'd like, but the cultists eyes glaze over a touch.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 19

Benedictus sends a thundering herd of bison into the sandy courtyard, trampling all in their path. Florence hopes to throw a wrench in their plans, and catches one. Nidhi prepares the party for greater things. Zilchus moves forward and protects against evil. Stelle charges in and slams against the giant, who remains resolute.

With military precision, the oppositions springs into action after the warning is called.

The desert giant turns on Stelle, 5’ steps to be up close and personal, and slashes away at her.
Giant scimitar on Stelle: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Giant scimitar on Stelle: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Giant scimitar on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Giant scimitar on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
crit threat Giant scimitar on Stelle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Purple tries to make sense of the world… confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 20 (act normally)
Purple closes with Stelle (provoking an AoO) and swings!
Purple falchion on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 = 16

Pink charges Stelle, provoking an AoO as well if Stelle has Combat Reflexes.
Pink falchion on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13 damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14

Those on the forward ledge, focus their fire on Zilchus below.
Yellow crossbow on Zilchus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Yellow crossbow on Zilchus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Those on the rear ledge make their way closer to the action while the Lamia Matriarch casts Vanish, and disappears from sight! (I’ve left her on the map in her last known position.)

- Round 2 -
Benedictus - 33
Florence - 24
Nidhi - 18
Zilchus - 11
Stelle - 4+ (-27hp)
Good Folks - 4-
Lamia Matriarch - (Vanish 1)
Giant - (-97hp)
Cultist, purple - (-46hp, confused)

Next up - everyone!


Round 2, Init 11

Zilchus double moves after the party, wondering what foes await on the other side of the wall.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 24

Florence moves forward, sticking close to the northern wall as she does. What next? Archers or the ones on the ground?

Archers but but the giant looks nasty okay giant

She stops and begins casting again, attempting to shower Stelle's attackers with a burst of bright glitter.

Spells & Powers:

5th - Break Enchantment, Hold Monster
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (1/3)

Fortune Hex Uses:
Healing Hex Uses:


__________

Flo will try to Glitterdust the giant and hopefully Pink if she can do it without getting Stelle. DC 17 Will save!


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 2, Init 4+

AoO: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 Hero, Inspire, -PA
for Damage: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 +str,+PA,+lance,+Hero,+Courage,+Hope

"Weren't you..." Stelle mutters to Purple in annoyance, "shouldn't you be looking at something way over there?" She gestures slightly with her head toward anything behind them.

"Ooh, ow. Watch it! You don't want to hurt yourself!" the Halfling says to Pink after their swing.

Anubis snarls up at the giant, Bear!
Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 Hero, Inspire, -PA
for Damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 +str,+PA,+Hero,+Courage,+Hope

just before Stelle has him take a step back instead. Oh, sorry, Anubis! She hopes it's to get out of the way of a falling Giant.

AoO: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 Hero, Inspire, -PA
for Damage: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 +str,+PA,+lance,+Hero,+Courage,+Hope

I took a chance. I don't actually know if Anubis can do that in this situation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Buffs:
(Banner)
+2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
+1 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 70[-15]
Annie: Hits: 52
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

AC: 27 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

Extended Hero - +2 attacks saves and skills
Inspire Courage - +2 morale on Saves vs charm/fear, +2 attack and damage
Good Hope - +2 morale on saves, abilities, skill and damage


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Also, sorry. Not that it mattered, but Anubis doesn't have Heroism. Cut and paste error.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus, DMPC, sends the stampede back the other way. He directs them carefully so as to avoid Zilchus and Stelle as he and Ptolomy move up.

Red bison trample (DC 24): 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 4) + 15 = 24
Yellow bison trample (DC 24): 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 2) + 15 = 20

Green bison trample (DC 24): 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 4) + 15 = 24
Purple bison trample (DC 24): 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 2) + 15 = 20

- - -

Desert Giant Reflex, red: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Desert Giant Reflex, yellow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Pink Cultist Reflex, red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Pink Cultist Reflex, yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Purple Cultist Reflex, green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Purple Cultist Reflex, purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Though the giant sidesteps the worst of the second wave, he cannot survive the totality of the damage, and falls slowly into the sand. Purple too drops into the sand, or rather is trampled into it, as he also dies. As he does so, the rune of the Forgotten Pharaoh bursts from his chest blinding all around - including the Green and Purple Bison. They, and Pink, Stelle, and Annubis must make DC 15 Fort saves or be blinded one round...

pink fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

This happens at the top of the round, and so the result may change the actions of Stelle and Florence.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

In addition to controlling his bison, Benedictus also fires two scorching rays at one of cultists on the top of the arch (yellow).

Scorching ray touch attack #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Scorching ray damage #1: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 3, 2) = 14

Scorching ray touch attack #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Scorching ray damage #2: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 1) = 12

____________
Sorry for missing the post guys, I am at a work conference in Seville, and I will stay there until June the 3rd, when I will move to Amsterdam for another conference. I will be back at home on June, the 7th. In the meantime, I will try to post as often as I can, but checking Roll20 is the real problem in my case, because my internet connection in the hotel is really bad, and the one from my phone is very slow.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle: FortDC15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Annie: FortDC15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Anubis whines slightly in alarm as the bison come rumbling back, yet through the dust tries to bite Pink.

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 Inspire, -PA
for Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 +str,+PA,+Courage,+Hope

... before Stelle has Anubis take a step back to avoid falling Giant. She stabs at Pink with her Lance.

LanceStab: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 +Hero, Inspire, -PA
for Damage: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20 +str,+PA,+lance,+Hero,+Courage,+Hope


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle drops Pink, killing the poor misunderstood cultist, who flashes into another bright light.

DC 15 Fort saves for Anubis and Stelle again please. :) That's what you get for being successful...


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle: FortDC15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Anubis: FortDC15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Pesky jerks. Where is everyone?

Stelle looks around, hoping to see if the dust by chance settles into the shape of a Lamia somewhere...


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2, Initiative 18:

Nidhi continues to sing as she moves forward to get closer to the action. She double moves towards Zilchus and the enemy on the lowest side of the platform. What a weird map. Nidhi thinks she might be able to score a hit on one of the enemies next round. She calls out: "You think that platform is going to protect you from my bow?"

Inspire Courage: (everyone) +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (everyone) +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls. Lasts 9 minutes.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 24 Redux

Or rather, she was going to try blinding Stelle's attackers but finds it a moot point after Ben's bison herd tramples most of them into the ground. Instead, knowing that the lamia is going to be trouble, Florence casts a spell that allows her to see the invisible.

(Row! Row! Fight the power!)
__________

I'm assuming that we saw her vanish but if we didn't, Florence will just draw her crossbow instead.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus moves up, sends his team of Bison back across the sand, and lights up yellow. Florence casts see invisibility, and spots the lamia matriarch moving quickly along the catwalk as nimble as, well, a cat. Nidhi double moves up even as she continues to fill the valley with beautiful singing. Zilchus double moves toward the temple-looking structure. The interior is dark, and so hard to see standing in the bright sunshine until he gets closer and his eyes adjust. Stelle slays the last remaining cultist on the ground, and deftly avoids the blindness that could have resulted.

Those on the forward ledge, focus their fire on Benedictus below.
Yellow crossbow on Benedictus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Red crossbow on Benedictus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Orange crossbow on Benedictus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Blue double moves into position. I’ve put the Lamia Matriarch on the map, but please remember only Florence can see her currently.

Florence:
She moves to that spot, and casts Haste on her crew! You’ll note that she moves smoothly along, and even to the side when it suits her, the narrow causeway. She must have an exceptional climb speed, or some magic to support her.
- - -

Zilchus hears some slight noises coming from within the temple chamber, but does not yet see anything.

Zilchus and any who enter the temple:
As you breach the entrance and your eyes adjust to the cool dimness within, you see a cultist on the far side of a large pillared room some 35’ high. Carved sandstone pillars rise to a ceiling covered in hieroglyphs. A large, circular opening in the center of the ceiling leads to a space above. You also see two lamias, one on each side of the room closing with the door. The lamias are maybe 30’ from the door, while the cultist is more like 50’. I’ll reveal the map when you’ve moved in, but wanted some details for a potential action.
- - -

- Round 3 -
Benedictus - 33 (-11hp)
Florence - 24
Nidhi - 18
Zilchus - 11
Stelle - 4+ (-27hp)
Good Folks - 4-
Lamia Matriarch - (Vanish 2)
Giant - (dead)
Cultist, purple - (dead)
Cultist, pink - (dead)
Cultist, yellow - (-26hp)

Next up - everyone!


Round 3, Init 11

"Ben, maybe next time let me and Stelle focus on the groundlings when there are things in the air or unreachable?" Zilchus asks, wondering if he should take a few whacks at a bison to keep his sword arm sharp.

Instead he moves towards the temple entrance to peek inside from around cover.

1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 19 + 2 = 37 Perception feeling heroic

He asks the Great Croc for thicker armors, much like the lords of river have. +1 enhancement for 1 minute.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+12+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 66/66
AC: 26/23 (7 armor+1, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) + MCaEivl

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/9 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 0/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 0/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 1/9 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3:

Nidhi continues to sing and takes out her bow. She aims a normal arrow at the yellow enemy and fires.

To hit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24

Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 9


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 3, Init 4+

Stelle quickly crosses over the sand and joins Zilchus on the opposite side of the Cultist's front door.

Double Move

Round 1, Init 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Buffs:
(Banner)
+2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
+1 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 70 [-15]
Annie: Hits: 52

Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +6/+10 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

AC: 28 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

Round 1, Init 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Buffs:
(Banner)
+2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
+1 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[spoiler=Status]
Stelle: Hits: 70 [-15]
Annie: Hits: 52

Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +6/+10 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

AC: 28 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

Extended Hero - +2 attacks saves and skills
Inspire Courage - +2 morale on Saves vs charm/fear, +2 attack and damage
Good Hope - +2 morale on saves, abilities, skill and damage


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 3, Initiative 24

There you are...!

Florence hurries forward, approaching the arch but sticking close to the southern wall of the canyon now. It's difficult to judge the distance properly but maybe, just maybe she can reach the snake in the grass sand...

Stopping, she takes another deep breath and begins to cast...

Lamia Glitter Time?:

Hoping to catch the lamia by surprise, Florence attempts to shower with her a bright burst of glitter - at the very least, giving away her position to the rest of the group!
__________

Florence will try to Glitterdust the lamia; DC 17 Will.

Archer Glitter Time?:

Florence silently curses to herself as she realizes her quarry is still too far away and too high up to reach with her magic just yet. Instead, she turns her attention to the three archers atop the archway and brings down a shower of glitter atop them!

Maybe that'll keep them busy!
__________

Florence will Glitterdust the three archers; DC 17 Will save.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence the Lamia Matriarch is about 110' up and 35' away. I'm not going to do the math as even adding those together means you're within the 190' range of the spell - so you target the Matriarch!

An area on the ledge glows with glitter briefly before settling on the large form of the Matriarch. She screeches in annoyance, and rubs her eyes...

Matriarch Will: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

...and she stares directly at Florence angrily. She is now visible however, and everyone can see her.

Benedictus, DMPC, launches two more scorching rays, hoping to drop Yellow off the narrow path.

scorching ray at yellow (touch): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 1) = 15
scorching ray at yellow (touch): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 5) = 18

...and he setups up Nidhi's arrow which does indeed cause yellow to fall from the precipice, flaring into light as he does so, blinding no one. The bison, with no one to trample (and some of them temporarily blinded to boot) mill around looking for grass to chew upon.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus lights up yellow with another pair of scorching rays. Florence makes the invisible, visible, revealing the Matriarch. Nidhi continues to sing and taps yellow from afar, just putting him over the edge where he falls and dies. Zilchus moves up a bit and steels himself for the battle ahead. Stelle double moves to the temple and peers in.

Those remaining on the forward ledge, focus their fire rather feebly on Benedictus below.
Red crossbow on Benedictus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Orange crossbow on Benedictus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Blue crossbow on Benedictus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The Lamia Matriarch lets out a scream of anger. Touchy this one. She leaps off the ledge she’s on and grasps the next seemingly effortlessly. She finishes her movement and casts a Hold Person on Florence! Will save DC 19 please, or be held.

Those who can see in the temple:
You see another pair of cultists float down from the hole in the ceiling as the third moves up to join them. They then each cast Shield spells upon themselves as they ready for battle. The two lamia smile at each other in anticipation of the upcoming battle and cast Mirror Images themselves. You immediately see revolving Lamia all around each of them.

Red Lamia: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Blue Lamia: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
- - -

- Round 4 -
Benedictus - 33 (-11hp)
Florence - 24
Nidhi - 18
Zilchus - 11
Stelle - 4+ (-15hp)
Good Folks - 4-
Lamia Matriarch - (glitterdusted)
Giant - (dead)
Cultist, purple - (dead)
Cultist, pink - (dead)
Cultist, yellow - (dead)
Lamia, red - (7 images)
Lamia blue - (7 images)

Next up - everyone!


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle mouths the words "Oopsy Topsy" to Zilchus.


Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
Stelle mouths the words "Oopsy Topsy" to Zilchus.

Zilchus nods, keeping out of sight.

"Ben! BEN!!! BEN!!" Zilchus shouts to Ben. "Send the stampede this way! Lots of fun for them over here!"

Waiting for stampede before playing Oopsy with Stelle.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 4, Initiative 24

Will (DC 19; Good Hope): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

Florence gasps as she feels the lamia matriarch's magic attempt to take hold of her, but thanks to the hopeful feelings inspired by Nidhi she's able to throw off the spell!

"There! Up there, she's up there!" she cries, narrowing her eyes at the creature.

Two can play at that game.

She begins casting again, hoping to give the snake-lady a taste of her own medicine!

Spell Resistance (If Needed): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Spells & Powers:

5th - Break Enchantment, Hold Monster
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2/s], Hold Person, [s]See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (1/3)

Fortune Hex Uses:
Healing Hex Uses:


__________

Florence casts Hold Monster at the matriarch; DC 20 Will save or be held!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

She does have SR... 19. She sneers at Florences attempt from below, and draws her bow.

"How dare you impend my progress! Get out of here now, and perhaps we will spare you. Continue this foolish battle and we shall see you all bleeding out in the desert!"

4,701 to 4,750 of 8,626 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.