GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,401 to 4,450 of 8,548 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi:
Looks good in blue, but I count a base +12 to hit, and you have +10 up there. I think you missed the bow bonus.
- - -

Zilchus puts an end to greens healing as he slays him with one quick stroke. Nidhi connects with red, doing a bit of damage to hedge off the healing. Florence (per chat) draws her crossbow and giggles at Stelle for fortune. Stelle steps back and crits the remaining creature, dropping it and killing it. Benedictus may do as he wishes…

We’re out of combat.

The room grows quiet and the dust kicked up in the battle begins to settle.

As a reminder, this room has long racks of dusty papyrus scrolls lining the walls of this semi triangular chamber. Some are so old and brittle they crumble just from touching them.

- Round 6 -
Good Folks - 26 (fast healing)
Green - 26 (dead - no longer healing)
Blue - 26 (dead - no longer healing)
Red - 26 (dead - no longer healing)
Zilchus - 20 (-14hp)
Nidhi - 19
Florence - 18
Stelle - 14 (-23hp)
Benedictus - 13 (cursed)


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle giggles at Florence's giggle, and over looks the carnage.

"Nice job, everyone. It's a shame we had to destroy these, what are they, again?

Perception: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23 +Good Hope

"My, but it's dusty here. Shall we heal, finish scouting out the place and then return here, or should we check out this part of the Vault first?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus looks at his wounds again, more gashes and slashes that will leave him scarred. He takes a deep breath and takes out the wand of CMW. He would entice the Croc to aid in healing but with only he and Stelle hurt, this works just as well.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 3) + 3 = 14 CMW Zilch
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 7) + 3 = 13 CMW Stelle

He seems pleased with the initial effects, leaving others to touch up Stelle.

"When are we going to learn that libraries are the most dangerous places in this country? Nothing is more protected than keeping knowledge from others apparently. Them Nethysians truly suck at gathering great learning if these creatures still live to bother us," Zilchus spits more venom at the Nethysians, putting them right next to the Pharasmooks in the 'unbelievably incompetent' listing.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

"Thank you, Zilchus," Stelle says as Zilchus heals her.

She has Annie move out of the way when Zichus expresses his vehement opinion regarding Nethysians.

Zilchus wrote:
"Them Nethysians truly suck at gathering great learning if these creatures still live to bother us,"

"Or, maybe," she quietly, moving to face everyone and stirring up more dust, "they're just not very good at cleaning up..."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle sees, on catalogues carved into the stone and written in ancient Osiriani, that this room contains plans and architectural drawings for the tombs and pyramids of many of Ancient Osirion’s greatest pharaohs.

She finds no secret doors or other valuables.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"I would suggest taking a look on the eastern part of this place before starting the research, but this time I will be very cautious about it and just propose it," says Ben (suggested direction marked in green on the Roll20 map), mindful of what happened a few minutes ago. He seems a bit dissatisfied at the idea of having to wait for the others to decide whether his idea is good or not, and having to rely on them to get the exploration done, when all of a sudden an idea comes to his mind. Wait, what if I try that new spell out? Mmh, that may be a good idea...Let's experiment, come on!

"Guys, guys! I have changed my mind. Please take some rest in this apparently safe room while I cast a new spell I've recently learned and I'm dying to try out. It will take approximately 10 minutes for me to cast it, so you can do whatever you see fit in the meantime." With that said, Ben sits cross-legged on the ground and starts concentrating and mumbling arcane words of arcane power as he makes complex gestures with his hands, his eyes closed in focus.

After about ten minutes, Ben smiles. "It's done!" Nothing changed, apparently, and Ben's spell seems not to have produced anything real, but the scholar seems confident. "Now please, relax as I explore the rest of the rooms of this place without risks."

Ben casts arcane eye and moves the eye as marked on our Roll20 map. The green line marks the first path the eye follows, and the orange line the second path. In both cases, the eye will continue the exploration, moving further in the direction indicated, until it finds some barrier which it cannot overcome. To this purpose, the following line of text from the spell description may be useful: "solid barriers block its passage, but it can pass through a hole or space as small as 1 inch in diameter." I will also go ahaed and roll Perception checks in case they are needed, for the eye will keep an "eye" out of secret doors and other potentially interesting features or items in the rooms.

Perception check #1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Perception check #2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Perception check #3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Perception check #4: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Perception check #5: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The first chamber Benedictus’ eye examine has a ring of stone pillars supporting a white domed ceiling 30’ above this large circular chamber. Along the perimeter of the rotunda, shelves crammed with crumbling papyrus scrolls and clay tablets stand behind iron mesh panels. It looks like you’ve found the main stacks. For a nice break, there’s no one guarding the chamber either.

The eye returns and reports then heads south to the other chamber where a clockwork soldier once stood.

He finds no secrets in his search, but he does spot a copper key on a shelf in the main library (the rotunda room) of a size to fit in the clockwork servant in the reading room.

You appear to have found the Vault of Hidden Wisdom in its entirety.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

You may begin research as you wish. DC 20 knowledge history, engineering, or nobility to research. The library means everyone can roll, even if you don’t have ranks in any of these. If you succeed, please roll a D6 to determine how successful you are (Benedictus and Nidhi roll D8s as before).


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Cool, isn't it?!," asks Ben to the others with the same, enthusiastic joy of a child testing a new toy, one that he has made personally. "Now, let me double check, I'm curious." Ben stands up and walks to both the rooms scrutinized by his arcane eye, and starts searching around in case the eye has missed something important.

This implies casting detect magic and, if no magic aura is detected, a series of Perception checks.
Perception check in the first room: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Perception check in the second room: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

With that done, Ben retrieves the copper key. "Mmh...I want to try it out!," he exclaims as he makes his way to the clockwork servant in the reading room and tries to activate it using the key.

Knowledge (arcana) to guess how to properly use the clockwork servant: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

When he’s done with the clockwork servant (whatever the outcomes of its attempt to activate it are) Benedictus claps his hands. “Another great day of research in a hidden library! Isn’t that incredibly exciting and the same time profoundly fascinating?” His enthusiasm probably not shared by the others, the scholar tries to coordinate the research as best as he can, while he also performs his own research in the meantime. Compared to the last research, while he was still wearing the cursed headband, Ben seems much more kind now, always ready to give tips to those who ask for and to encourage his friends for both noteworthy finds and partial failures.

Knowledge (history) check: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39 -3 if the check does not concern Osirion
Wait, 39!? That would deserve a critical success roll! u.u
Success: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus searches though he finds nothing magical or valuable in his examinations.

Benedictus takes the key to the clockwork servant, and though his knowledge fails him, the giant keyhole in the back is clear enough. He puts the key in the lock and nothing happens. He turns it once, and there's a flicker. Eventually he'll crank it around several times, and the creature comes to life!

It looks around the library and begins tidying up, which has the effect of casting dust into the air in great clouds. When it sees one of the clockwork soldiers, it heads over and tries to repair it. When it becomes clear it is beyond repair, he servant tidy's up the body, pushing it to a corner and out of the way.

Left alone, you suspect it'll continue cleaning the entire library just spreading the dust around as it has no good cleaning tools.

Nice roll on the library studies Benedictus! There is a bonus for rolling high, but not more d8s... :) I'll describe the research later when everyone has had a chance to roll. And yes, though I failed to note it, those of you with bonuses to Osirion knowledge checks get that bonus here.


No, Zilchus doesn't just sit down and relax while Ben does his magickery...he takes off, on foot, like a chump, to go check things out for himself. It's not that he doesn't trust the magic, it's just that he trusts his heroic eyes much much more.

He does a complete loop, doing at least a good, visual check of each area.

1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 2 = 25 Perception - top right square
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 18 + 2 = 21 Perception - right circle room
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 18 + 2 = 29 Perception - bottom right square
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 2 = 25 Perception - lower trapezoid room

Only when that is done, will he break out a bottle of applejack from his backpack and begin to do some research (and subsequent looking for nudie drawings...which is the best part about libraries, in his humble opinion).

1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 31 Know (History)
1d6 ⇒ 5 learning


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Airport gate-postin' like a boss!
________

"That's a really handy spell," Florence remarks to Ben with approval as the arcane eye proves itself to see all...or at least a lot. "I wish my magics provided more utility like that. Seems like everything I can do is very...focused," she sighs.

Before the group really gets into the research, Florence produces Stelle's healing wand to try and patch up the rest of the damage.

CLW (Stelle): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW (Stelle): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Charges remaining (47).

That done, she rolls up her sleeves and gets to work...

Kn. History: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Seriously!? SMH...

...but her focus isn't quite what it was during the last research outing; she keeps finding her eyes drawn to the clockwork trundling around.

"Too bad we can't take that with us - I bet we could get a small fortune for it!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus, with his heroic eyes, finds nothing but dust, though he too does very well in the research. Sadly, Florence doesn't quite measure up as she spends some of her time following the clockwork servant around as it cleans and tidies.

Nidhi and Stelle up for research.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

"Thank you, Florence!" Stelle says as Florence heals her and Ben's scouts scout.

Ben wrote:
"Cool, isn't it?!,"

"Wow, Ben! That is really keen! They're very thorough, aren't they!" She frowns at the Servant Robot, busy stirring up the dust. "... Yes -- far more thorough than some..."

Know History: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18 Stellar. Just stellar.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Knowledge History DMPC (Nidhi): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The group spends the day researching and finds a few clues with Benedictus and Zilchus doing the heavy lifting - though both are fairly successful.

First you find the remainder of the journal of the Nethysian priest Khnenti. According to the journal, with Hakotep’s ib and ka trapped in his heart and funerary mask, the third part of his soul, the ba, remained trapped within the pharaoh’s body in his pyramid. In order for the Sky Pharaoh to pass into the afterlife, the three parts of his soul - his ba, ib, and ka - must be rejoined. Khnenti goes on to speculate that reuniting Hakotep’s divided soul might even return the Sky Pharaoh to life.

You also fine that the architect Chisisek designed and built Hakotep’s pyramid, confirming what you learned in the Dark Depository. When construction was completed, Chisisek was killed and buried in a hidden tomb to preserve the pyramid’s secrets. No plans of the pyramid seem to have survived here - even among the huge room devoted to pyramid plans. Someone must have removed them.

Evening settles in - well, outside anyway. Inside it continues to be dark save your own lights, though dry and somewhat cool. Do you spend the night in the library, or head out into Tephu to stay in comfortable beds at Purusha’s.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (religion) check to know more about this tripartite soul: what do ba, ib and ka represent?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

"What a day!," says Ben, a man covering his yawning mouth as he stretches his sore muscles. "I feel like we are close to scrape the bottom of the barrel here, but this place deserves more time. I suggest we come back tomorrow, and continue our research from where we left it. Our discoveries are promising, and I feel like we are getting closer to something decisive." Ben allows Ptolomy to perch on his shoulder and pets him kindly. Did you have fun today?

Yep, I did! I marked a lot of books!

Wait, what? You marked them?

Of course!

The whole conversation taking place inside of his head, Benedictus seems a bit absent-minded, but then shakes his head, laughing, and pets Ptolomy again.

Good, but next time let me tell you what to mark, okay?

But that's not fun!

For Nethys...

"Yes, what? Purusha Inn? Oh, sure, sure! Let's take a break. Libraries can become a bit depressing, if you linger too long inside."


After finding something useful to the party, Zilchus takes his applejack and looks around for more nudie etchings and scrollwork.

"So...it sounds like we need to re-double our efforts to destroy the Mask then? Rather than leave this dangerous item about for others to seek and possibly use, we should try to find a humble ant or something to destroy it," Zilchus clearly offers the most viable and best option.

"All we need to do is destroy the Mask and then the Sky Pharoah can never be reborn. Easy peasy cheesy." Zilchus takes another swig of his applejack. He was getting loose enough that his thoughts were really beginning to flow. The good ideas. The ones that make a lot of sense in the moment, then might not make it to the light of day.

Zilchus is happy to sleep in the library tonight. He has enough applejack to keep him happy until it's his turn to pass out.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"But wait...will destroying the mask bring Hakotep back or will it kill him for good?" Florence asks, confused by some of the phrasing. "To pass to the afterlife the ba, ib, and ka have to be reunited...but reuniting them back bring him back to life, instead?"

She shakes her head, frowning...and then another possibility finally dawns on her. "Or wait...if it brought him back to life, he'd be mortal right? Then a person could kill him for good. Hum..."

Florence pauses and runs one hand through her hair. "Sounds like a lot to think on, but I think Ben's right too. It still feels like there's just a little something more to be learned - maybe about this Chisisek. We should probably come back tomorrow," she agrees. "And yes, I said come back - we've cleansed this place of dangers so it should be safe enough to leave and come back in the morning."

If Zilchus or Nidhi seem insistent on wanting to stay in the library, Florence leans in close and whispers, "Look, *Ben* is recommending we actually go get sleep in a proper bed - don't waste the opportunity!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

To be clear, the research done so far is, in fact, a little muddled. Reuniting the Ba, Ib, and Ka will either allow the Pharaohs soul to pass onto the afterlife, or bring him back to life. It is unclear to the authors which will happen. The former is more likely than the latter, but there is a possibility…

The ancient Osirions believed that a human soul was made up of five parts: the Ren, the Ba, the Ka, the Sheut, and the Ib. In addition to these components of the soul there was the human body (called the ha, occasionally a plural haw, meaning approximately the sum of bodily parts).

The Ba was everything that makes an individual unique, similar to the notion of 'personality'. (In this sense, inanimate objects could also have a Ba, a unique character, and indeed ancient pyramids often were called the Ba of their owner). The Ba is an aspect of a person that the ancient Osirions believed would live after the body died, and it is sometimes depicted as a human-headed bird flying out of the tomb to join with the Ka in the afterlife.

The word ib referrs to the heart as a metaphysical entity embodying not only thought, intelligence, memory, and wisdom, but also bravery, sadness, and love. It is believed to be weighed on the scales of Anubis by the feather of Maat. The Ib decided what happened to you after death.

The Ka was the Osirion concept of vital essence, which distinguishes the difference between a living and a dead person, with death occurring when the Ka left the body. The ancients also believed that the Ka was sustained through food and drink. For this reason food and drink offerings were presented to the dead. The Ka was often represented in iconography as a second image of the king, leading earlier translators to mis-translate Ka as ‘double’.

The party seems to be leaning toward Purusha’s, so to Purusha’s you go. He has a performer in the restaurant area tonight, a lovely young couple. She plays an instrument something like a sitar, while he dances and moves about he audience. They both sing, nice light-hearted rhythmic tunes in a mellow sort of atmosphere. Very pleasant.

In the morning, the sun rises blazing hot, and you’re sweating by the time you meet for breakfast. It’ll be a good day to duck into a cool well secured library, though the dust in your lungs continues to agitate your breathing.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben enjoys the night at Purusha's, the performance of the young couple inspiring a sense of happiness inside of him. After chatting a bit with his companions, possibly about things not directly related with the research, Ben waits until the young couple finishes its performance, and walks to them, with holding a drink for each of them in his hands. As he offers the drinks to the performers, Ben smiles kindly. "Very nice performance! Thank you for cheering up our night! You two seem so close, I admit I envy your chemistry," Ben says, stealing a glance in the direction of Florence. "What are your names? Where do you come from?"

Diplomacy check to improve attitude: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

***

The next morning, Ben wakes up in a good mood, a rather unsurprising fact considering the task the party is going to carry out throughout the day. The scholar coordinates the research with the usual mastery, trying to encourage his friends when needed.

Knowledge (arcana) check: 1d20 + 17 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 3 = 22
Success: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Zilchus grouses about leaving the library in equal part to the grousing he offered when he had to go to the library in the first place. He was getting comfortably drunk and didn't feel like bar hopping. However, once he gets to the show and with a few more drinks, he's having a good time. He has such a good time, he doesn't overindulge to the point of pain (or singing).

In the morning, he again grouses about having to get to the library, but he eventually gets there. It was getting quite boring and monotonous, in his opinion, and only he and Ben were doing any of the real work.

However, he does try to help once he gets in there...at least for the first part of the day. He does not have the same heroic focus today as he did yesterday.

1d20 + 12 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 1 - 4 = 25 Know (History) - half day research, then drinking
1d6 ⇒ 4 learning


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

”I am Sat-bu, and this is my brother Neb-nen-buta. We should have chemistry! We’ve known each other our whole lives!” she laughs lightly and you catch a fragrance from her hair, very fresh and somewhat musky. ”Thank you for the drinks, work is thirsty, well, work!” The man smiles as well, though it’s clear that she’s more of a talker than he, though is voice is very fine and surprisingly deep and gravelly for his size and age.

I’ll cover the research later as usual.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi is pleasantly surprised when Ben is the one to suggest the party leave. She'd found herself staring off into space and her eye glazing over after someone started reading a text aloud.

GM Euan wrote:
The party seems to be leaning toward Purusha’s, so to Purusha’s you go. He has a performer in the restaurant area tonight, a lovely young couple. She plays an instrument something like a sitar, while he dances and moves about he audience. They both sing, nice light-hearted rhythmic tunes in a mellow sort of atmosphere. Very pleasant.

Nidhi places a hand on her hip and tilts her head, observing the couple. Is Sat-bua muscular?

If yes:
Nidhi comments: "you sure have a beautiful voice, Sat-bu. Among... other features." Nidhi winks. Nidhi suggests they sing a duet together: "It will look more realistic if we hold each other's arms." Nidhi reaches out to feel the other woman's biceps, "trust me, you'll get bigger tips." (lol, Nidhi is a creeper) Nidhi doesn't ignore the brother but she obviously favors the sister.

Perform (sing duet): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

If no:
Nidhi "dutifully" sits next to either Stelle or Zilchus. She occasionally glances around the tavern, looking for assassins. Nidhi doesn't drink but she enjoys a good meal with the pleasant entertainment. I think I'm better, she thinks, but a solo performance if different from a duet. Nidhi glances over at Zilchus' form, maybe I can convince Zilchus to sing again... His lyrics have a certain artistic flare. Nidhi doesn't perform because the siblings are already at the stage.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sat-bu is not particularly muscular, frustrating Nidhi a little and keeping her extraordinary voice from the stage. All in all though, it’s a pleasant evening, and cool.

As mentioned previously the next day is a hot one, and the group finds itself comfortably ensconced in the library early to avoid the heat at least. When you return to the library, you find that the clockwork servant has been busy all night. The library is considerably less dusty, though there are piles of dust and dirt in most corners as the servant has no where in particular to put the stuff.

When you enter, the servant meets you in the reading room, hovering apparently waiting for orders.

DMPC Stelle research: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
DMPC Nidhi research: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 1d8 ⇒ 4

This day (Oathday, Erastus 3, 4714), by lunch, you learn that the Sky Pharaoh’s pyramid was capable of flight, and when Hakotep’s body was entombed within, the pyramid vanished into the sky! None know where the tomb now lies, or if it still soars through the skies over Osirion.

More interestingly, although none know the location of Chisisek’s tomb, you find evidence that his funeral was apparently commemorated in a fresco in the Vault’s rotunda by the greatest artist of the age, Hor-hepu. Currently however, the rotunda appears to be white with no fresco visible.

Benedictus is fairly sure there’s no more research to be had in the stacks, although the missing fresco is somewhat disappointing as it surely held another clue.


By mid-afternoon, Zilchus is back at his applejack, sipping freely from the gallon jug.

Zilchus will examine the spot of the supposed fresco in detail, looking for nudie etchings and things of interest of where Ben thinks it should be. He lets others deal with the clockwork nonsense, he's too bored to care.

Take 20 Perception: 40


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi grudgingly helps research and ends up being somewhat successful on their last day. When they're finished, she quickly stands and starts to sway and hum.

Nidhi marches up and down the hall, pumping an arm up and down like a parade conductor. Her everburning torch is her baton: "we've finished ♪ all the research ♫ no more ♪ for our group!" Nidhi hums and sings cheerily behind Zilchus while he studies the fresco (which is perhaps obnoxious.)

Nidhi stops her celebration to briefly look over her companion's shoulder. Then, after adding a comment about her observation, goes back to marching victoriously up and down the hall.

Perception (aid): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Nidhi threads a finger through a loose strand of hair and pulls it behind her mask. "that flying pyramid sounds cool though. We should go find it. Claim it for Wati and setup a bunch of touristy spots." Nidhi tilts her head and places a hand on her hip, "where are we going now?"


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Previous Evening

Back at Purusha's Florence seems content to sit in companionable silence and enjoy the singing of the performers on stage. When the pair take a break between songs, she's actually a little surprised to see Ben approach them but smiles encouragingly - it was good to see him willing to mingle and speak with others and not feel obligated to remain glued at her side all the time.
________

Next Day, Research

After learning all there is to learn (as far as they can tell) in their current location, Florence is also intrigued by the missing frescoe and trails after Zilchus when he goes back to have a closer look.

"Do you think they just painted over it? Or maybe disguised it somehow? If it's a magical disguise, maybe we can penetrate it," Florence remarks as she murmurs the words of a magical detection cantrip and begins looking around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Perhaps it is in illusion of some sort...," says Ben to Florence as he activates detect magic and tries to interact with the fresco in every way that springs up into his mind: touching it, pouring some water on a small part of it, blowing on it, even scraping it a bit if needed.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus, with Nidhi’s aid - both helpful and distracting - finds the ceiling is indeed false in some way. Though the dome climbs to nearly 25’, it becomes clear to Zilchus that the dimensions of the room suggest a ceiling of much greater height.

In the end, he is convinced the ceiling is in fact a more recent one, placed under the true ceiling many years after the building was constructed. With its still advanced age, he can see some cracks where the false ceiling meets the pillars supporting the true ceiling further above.

The various magical detections reveal little save what the party carries with them.

Zilchus:
How are you at +20 perception? I show you at +18, and it’s many hours since Heroism would have expired. Nidhi’s aid still gets you to the DC 40 challenge, but I want to make sure I’m not missing something important. :)
- - -

How does Benedictus get up the 25' to test the ceiling?

For no particular reason, I’ve placed the party in the room, please feel free to shift yourselves around.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Oops, I thought the fresco was on a wall in front of us, not on the ceiling. Now way for Ben to get up there before the others reveal that the ceiling is false in some way. Only when this information is shared with Ben, he will cast fly on himself and do what I have declared in the previous post, just with a little more certainty now.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Zilchus wrote:
""So...it sounds like we need to re-double our efforts to destroy the Mask then? Rather than leave this dangerous item about for others to seek and possibly use, we should try to find a humble ant or something to destroy it,"

"I apologise, I feel as though I've missed something. Why is it dangerous? How can it be used? What do we know about Hakotep?" Stelle agrees to leave and come back to the library to do more research.

Purusha’s
~~~
Stelle watches dancer and listens to the sitar music, clearly beginning to relax.

They're very good, but ... pity. I was hoping Nidhi could perform, maybe drag us all into it.

She notes Zilchus and his predilection for Applejack, and frowns at his breath when he casully exhales. She pats Anubis on the side in reassurance as he re-arranges himself to the far side of Stelle from Zilchus. The pharaoh hound occasionally peeks out at Zilchus in apparent curiosity.

"Zilchus, how do you come by so much Applejack? Does your family brew it? And why do you drink it constantly? She genuinely wants to ask know, but doesn't want to appear to be rude or prying. I'll have to get to know him better I guess, before I can ask him that.

The Library
~~~

GM Euan wrote:
This day (Oathday, Erastus 3, 4714), by lunch, you learn that the Sky Pharaoh’s pyramid was capable of flight, and when Hakotep’s body was entombed within, the pyramid vanished into the sky! None know where the tomb now lies, or if it still soars through the skies over Osirion.

Stelle looks at Benedictus and says solemnly, "Didn't I hear this story somewhere before?"

Stelle stares at the fresco ceiling with the others, wondering how to get up there.

I really should have studied more engineering.

She looks around the room for secret doors that might conceal stairs that might lead to the true ceiling.

PerceptionTake20: 20 + 12 = 32 "Maybe there's an easy way up there?"


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 16

Purusha’s

Anubis glances over at Zilchus like a anti-eyed dog. Where are the meat stix?

The Library

Anubis takes up a vigil near Bynx. Maybe Bynx can smell things too. I'll stay near in case he notices something weird before I do. All I can smell is that acrid stuff that 'Zilchus' keeps swigging.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"I apologise, I feel as though I've missed something. Why is it dangerous? How can it be used? What do we know about Hakotep?"

Zilchus takes another sip of his applejack, his eyes widening.

"Didn't you hear what happened in Wati? With all the undead? I thought you knew about that?" Zilchus poses, but then tries to explain. "With that mask, you can put it on, then will your soul into or something, then *blammo!* every undead within miles comes to life." Zilchus wets his lips again. "It's the thing we could care of before...before you met us on Mummyrot's barge. Didn't...didn't Abdur explain this to you? We've seen the damage it can cause without even raising Hakotep"

* * *

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Zilchus, how do you come by so much Applejack? Does your family brew it?

Zilchus takes another sip of his *ale* at Purusha's, as he is wont to do at bars where ale, mead, and stronger spirits are served.

"Applejack?" Zilchus seems confused by the question at first. "I don't drink it because I like it. I drink it because it's *really* cheap and comes in gallon jugs. I prefer ale when I can get it, but that's tougher to carry around, obviously."

"Yeah, no, yeah. I just drink the Applejack because it's cheap and easily carried. Which reminds me I should pick up more especially if we're going back to that boring library. Good point, Stelle." -8 sp for 2 gallons more of Applejack. "Should I get some 'jack for you too, Stelle? Or did you want to share mine tomorrow?"

* * *

Zilchus goes to slump against the wall after he points out the inconsistencies with the ceiling. It's early morning and has yet to start into his applejack, but waits to see what Ben learns after his observation.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Wait, the ceiling's false? That's...that's a lot of effort to cover up the real ceiling then," Florence remarks, declining to weigh in on the applejack discussion just yet.

Maybe I'll try some later.

"Ben, are you okay up there by yourself or do you need any help?" she calls up.


HP: 58/58 l AC: 22, T 14, FF 20 l CMD 14 (18 vs. trip) l F +4, Ref +7, W +11, Spell Resistance 21 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Enjoying the opportunity to be free of his carrier while Florence and the others dither around with the ceiling, Bynx stretches and then looks up at Annie.

"Maow?"

You stick around like white on rice, don't you?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

I'm pretty sure the party did not tell Abdur the masks powers - or at least not the bit about it being the center of the Wati uprising. You've kept that information pretty quite, and have taken some pains to hide that you have the mask at all.

Abdur knows you have a powerful mask. He knows the man who wore it did the magics that raised the undead. He and Ptemenib know you killed the man, but I don't think either knows the mask has the power to do it again.

If Abdur knew it, so does Stelle, but I don't think Abdur knows it. If he does, or if Ptemenib does, I need to be reminded please as it makes a difference in the campaign.

Stelle does not find a secret door, nor a stairwell.

Benedictus, is Ptolomy with you flying up at the ceiling? He might mark it...

I'll respond to Benedictus' testing of the ceiling after Nidhi has had a chance to post, or tomorrow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

I have no idea. I don't recall us ever talking to Adbur. Didn't we just show up with a bunch of stuff to sell without explaining much? Lol.

Moved Nidhi. See map.

When Ben announces the ceiling might be an illusion, Nidhi takes a seat next to Zilchus. "Why Applejack? You have lots of money now so you don't need to be cheap with your booze. We're heroes so we can drink whatever we want!" Nidhi smirks and teases: "or maaaaaybe you like fruity drinks?" Nidhi shrugs, "I've got a sweet tooth the length of the Nile. I don't judge. I'm just surprised." While this interaction is going on, Nidhi is looking at what Ben is doing - not Zilchus or Stelle.

Nidhi calls out from across the room: "Stelle, are you drinking too? What's your poison? You like to party, don't ya?" Nidhi strokes her chin like she's contemplating something (still watching Ben's actions.)

Nidhi doesn't feel like anything pressing or dangerous is going on so she's sitting, relaxed on the ground. Here we go again. Ben's found something else to research in this boring, dust-covered place. I'll just pretend I don't notice and hopefully he won't ask. Nidhi smiles because she thinks she's getting away with something devious but her eyes are on Ben and the center area.

Perception (Ben doing stuff/center area): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Yep, Ptolomy is with me, tagging the ceiling!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As Benedictus examines the ceiling to see what might lie underneath, the ancient stone and plaster collapses! Everyone in the chamber may attempt a DC 15 Reflex save to take half of damage: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 4, 5, 3) = 25 from falling debris. As the ceiling collapses, two ubsashki lynxes (mummified caracals)(image) slowly feather fall with the debris. They growl menacingly as they slowly fall, and spring to attack upon landing!

As you look up, a truly beautiful fresco emerges a few feet higher then the apparently false ceiling now falling on your heads.

Knowledge Religion DC 16:
You face two mummified NE Large undead. One question for each five as usual...

- Round Surprise -
Benedictus - 13+ (reflex)
- Round 1 -
Ubashki lynxes - 26
Zilchus - 17 (reflex)
Benedictus - 13+
Ptolomy - 13+ (reflex)
Stelle - 13- (reflex)
Annie - 13- (reflex)
Florence - 11 (reflex)
Bynx - 11 (reflex)
Nidhi - 8 (reflex)

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Ubashki lynxes 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

First up - Benedictus in the surprise round (as they lynxes fall) then they lynxes in round one!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Reflex

Zilchus unheroically takes some plaster to the face, munching on ceiling like salted nuts at a bar.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben's Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Ptolomy's Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Ben takes full damage, Ptolomy only half. In both cases, this brings them to half their respective hit points.

Knowledge (religion) check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Benedictus reacts quickly to the danger, preparing himself with a true strike spell.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus prepares to make his next attack count with a true strike!

They lynxes spring into action upon hitting the ground, charging 1d5 ⇒ 4 Stelle and 1d5 ⇒ 3 Nidhi (counted in alphabetical order not counting Annie who's with Stelle).

pink Bite on Stelle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6) + 5 = 13 and Fort DC 16 (curse & disease)
purple Bite on Nidhi: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11 and Fort DC 16 (curse & disease)

They leap upon their foes, snarling and biting.

- Round 1 -
Ubashki lynxes - 26
Zilchus - 17 (-25hp)
Benedictus - 14 (-25hp)
Ptolomy - 14 (-12hp)
Stelle - 13 (-13hp, reflex, fort)
Annie - 13 (reflex)
Florence - 11 (reflex)
Bynx - 11 (reflex)
Nidhi - 8 (reflex)

Next up - Everyone!

EDIT: I'm reminded by Stelle that Annie is actually next to Bynx. I'm not going to change my post, and will merely apologize for the error. Annie was somehow invisible to the lynxes when they were looking for targets. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)


Round 1, Init 17

Zilchus rises from the ground (move) and draws his falchion. He calls upon the Great Crocodile for protection. Swift for Shield of Faith.

He channels the power of the Great Croc to heal the party.

5d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6, 1, 6) = 17 Channel

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+12+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+5+2+4+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero,+grunt,+bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 58/66
AC: 25/23 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring) +3 SoF

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/8 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting: 0/7 used (+4)
Quick Prayer: 1/7 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/8 minutes used
Crodidilic Aura: 1/5 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 1, Init 13

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 64 [-25][+17]
Annie: Hits: 52
Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +5/+9 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 2/3

AC: 27 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: 12/7 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

Zilchus wrote:
"It's the thing we could care of before...before you met us on Mummyrot's barge. Didn't...didn't Abdur explain this to you? We've seen the damage it can cause without even raising Hakotep"

"No, Abdur didn't mention the power of the mask, likely, he didn't know. Are we to take it Hakotep was an evil Necromancer because of the power of the mask then? Or, might he have had some grander scheme? Mind you, not that grander schemes can't go awry..."

Nidhi wrote:
"Why Applejack? You have lots of money now so you don't need to be cheap with your booze. We're heroes so we can drink whatever we want!"
Zilchus wrote:
"I don't drink it because I like it. I drink it because it's *really* cheap and comes in gallon jugs. I prefer ale when I can get it, but that's tougher to carry around, obviously."

"Well, apparently he doesn't drink it because he likes it. It seems he drinks it because it's the only thing he can carry in significant amounts easily into the field."

Stelle turns to Zilchus. "Maybe after we're done here today, you can try one of my drinks. I'll make some cocktails for everyone," she smiles.

As the ceiling suddenly caves in, Stelle gasps and tries to duck out of the way of the falling debris.

ReflexDC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Looking up, she gasps again pointing up, "Oh, look at that!"

FortDC16: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

As the lynx is upon her, she attempts to use her shield to bash it.

Bash: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
for Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Bash: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
for Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Pot Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
for Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Anubis, attack near Nidhi!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 16
Bynx wrote:
"Maow?"

Anubis cracks a grin and wags his tail furiously. Rice, rice is brown, isn't it? OH! Do you have any?!

"WOOF!!" Look out!

Anubis tries to protect the smaller creature Bynx from the falling debris.

ReflexDC15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Evasion

Stelle wrote:
"Anubis, attack near Nidhi!"

Oop, gotta go! Anubis charges off to attack the lynx near Nidhi.

Improved Overrun: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 +Amulet,+Improved Overrun


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Watch out, everyone!"

Ben concentrates and two beams of fire dart from his pointed fingers!

Benedictus casts scorching ray at the lynx in front of Stelle.
Scorching ray attack #1 (+20 true strike): 1d20 + 7 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 20 = 42
Fire damage #1: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 4) = 16

Scorching ray attack #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Fire damage #2: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 6) = 12


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Reflex DC 15 (Ceiling): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Yes

Knowledge (Religion) DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Yes

Fort DC 16 (curse & disease): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 No

Round 1, Initiative 8:

Nidhi lifts an arm to cover her face as the false ceiling collapses. "AAAH!" Nidhi quickly brushes the dust from the top of her head. "More undead?! How long have they been stuck up there?" A wave of relief washes over Nidhi as Annie bounds towards the mummy cat.

Nidhi begins to sing like it's second nature (Move Action) and casts Cure Moderate Wounds (Standard Action) on herself.

Cure Moderate Wounds (self): 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 8) + 8 = 22

Inspire Courage: +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Nidhi Personal Tally:

1/28 Inspire Courage
2nd Level Spells Used: Cure Moderate Wounds (self)

HP: 40 -22 -11 = 7
HP: 7 + 22 = 39


HP: 58/58 l AC: 22, T 14, FF 20 l CMD 14 (18 vs. trip) l F +4, Ref +7, W +11, Spell Resistance 21 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Reflex (DC 15): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Improved Evasion so even on a failure, Bynx takes half damage.

"Mauuuuu!" Bynx screeches as the plaster comes crashing down, retreating to the safety of the corridor behind them.
________

Bynx retreats a bit; mobile posting from a few thousand feet in the sky so please adjust his position accordingly!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Blink, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 11

Reflex (DC 15): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Florence temporarily sees stars as she takes a solid thunk to her head from a large piece of plaster, her eyes watering up with pain.

"Biscuits!" she hisses, staggering a bit as she rubs her head, trying to get the measure of the mummy cats that dropped from the ceiling.

Kn. Religion (DC 16): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Unsure of just how dangerous they might be, Florence moves closer to her companions and conjures a blessing of rather intense proportions!
________

Florence moves closer to everyone and casts Blessing of Fervor. It has multiple effects so please read and choose accordingly; Flo has access to this as a Patron spell.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, before your healing takes effect, I need a caster level check (+8 currently for you I think) vs DC 20. Succeed, and the spell heals you. Fail, and the spell fizzles uselessly against your skin, doing no healing (but still taking a slot). This is due to the curse of the Ubashki!

Zilchus prepares himself and heals everyone but Stelle, Benedictus, & Ptolomy (too far away). Benedictus lances two streams of fire at the lynx - and discovers they are vulnerable to fire (+50% damage)! Stelle bashes pink with her shield, critting once! Annie too makes a move and passes successfully through the creature’s square (it is not prone however). Florence prepares the party for battle with fervor. Nidhi tries to heal herself… or does she? Nidhi, as you’re right next to the lynx, do you want to back up 5’ so your casting doesn’t provoke? If so, go ahead and move on the map.

Regarding the blessings of fervor, the party is quite spread apart just now. Blessings reads, "Targets one creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart.” So you can get Zilchus, Nidhi, Annie and you, or you can get Stelle and you, or you can get Benedictus, Ptolomy, and you - depending on where you move on the map. So what group is blessed with this casting?

pink Bite on Stelle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12 and Fort DC 16 (curse & disease)
pink Claw on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
pink Claw on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
crit threat pink Claw on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

purple Bite on Annie: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6) + 5 = 16 and Fort DC 16 (curse & disease)
purple Claw on Annie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
purple Claw on Annie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Stelle and Annie continue to stand in front of the party as they're ravaged by the Ubashki. But how long can it last?

- Round 2 -
Ubashki lynx (pink) - 26 (-55hp)
Ubashki lynx (purple) - 26
Zilchus - 17 (-8hp)
Benedictus - 14 (-25hp)
Ptolomy - 14 (-12hp)
Stelle - 13 (-55hp)
Annie - 13 (-16hp, fort save)
Florence - 11 (-8)
Bynx - 11 (-12hp)
Nidhi - 8 (-23, cursed/diseased)(pending: 22 healing)

Next up - Everyone!

4,401 to 4,450 of 8,548 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.