GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


7,301 to 7,350 of 7,476 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>

HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 4/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 5/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei glances around the corner with Nidhi at the statues "Do you recognize whom they depict Nidhi my friend?"

The lion-man shrugs and returns with the rest of the group "I don't think I can examine the objects in the shelves with my paws. Shall I try?" if no one else does Kosei will likely enter the construct room to examine the objects there with curiosity and detect magic.
Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33

Duration instantaneous, thus the effect shall be permanent I believe!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus bypasses the double doors to examine the niches, because you never know what might be inside.

Niches be crazy.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 24 + 2 = 27 Perception

Then he moves back to examine the double doors.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 24 + 2 = 30 Perception

When others are ready, he will open them.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The doors appear untrapped to Zilchus' keen eye, but Kosei does find some useful bits among the largely poorly aged crockery. These jars once contained supplies used by the Sekrephrenet’s caretakers in the production of Cenovaths, but over time, the alchemical supplies here have largely spoiled or evaporated away. The seals on two of the jars have held, though, and their contents have endured the passage of time thanks to their magical nature. One of these jars contains 5 doses of unguent of timelessness, while the other contains 5 doses of universal solvent.

As Kosei searches the shelf in the northwestern most corner, he reveals a hidden panel in the wall. Within a nook hidden behind the panel lie a dozen bird feather tokens and a wand of monster summoning IV (11 charges), all bundled together with a cord woven from papyrus reeds. The hidden stash also contains a +1 merciful sap. An inscription in Ancient Osiriani indicates the weapon’s name is Kakoju, loosely translating to “Headknocker.”


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 5/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Heh! That's cute," Florence smiles when Kosei turns up the hidden stash of items, including the merciful sap. "Not really something we can put to use but I bet there's a guard or merc back in Wati who'd love something like that."

Once the items are packed away she moves a little ways down the hallway and waits for Zilchus to open the first set of double doors.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

A single stone shelf runs along the walls of this enormous chamber. Dozens, maybe hundreds, of canopic jars sit atop the shelves, each caked with dust and sealed with a ceramic lid.

The eastern wall however is not adorned with ceramics. Instead, this wall is decorated by a large bas-relief of several Ancient Osirian scholars enjoying a meal. Closer examination reveals an increasing number of disturbing qualities in the carving. First, the tables that the scholars are using for their feast are stacked not with food, but with canopic jars similar to those sitting on the surrounding shelves. Even closer examination reveals that the contents of those jars that have been opened are not entrails, but writhing coils of what look like centipedes or worms that the scholars are either voraciously eating or simply allowing to crawl into their gaping mouths.


Zilchus waits for his eyes to adjust and the dust to settle before entering the room. He air walks slowly and deliberately, taking in each new sight as it comes.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 24 + 2 = 35 Perception

”Florence? You see all this s$%%? What are they doing?” Zilchus asks when he finally interprets the mural. ”Wouldn’t see this in a proper temple to the Great Croc, I tell you that.”


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 5/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Hearing Zilchus call for her to have a look, Florence moves into the room behind him. She stops and stares at the mural, then squints at it to make out the finer details, grimacing once she realizes just what the people depicted are actually eating.

"Uh..."

Kn. History: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28
Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

"Certainly not something I'd expect to see in...well...just about any temple to a proper, well-adjusted god..."

She also begins to scan the mural (and the surrounding area) for magical auras, for good measure.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Casting detect magic, the whole room seems to glow. Many of the canopic jars on the shelves have auras of moderate necromancy. You learn nothing more unless you were to open one of the jars.

Perception DC 20 AND Detect Magic:
One of the jars in particular has an aura of strong necromancy causing it to stand out a little from its neighbors. It is near the end of the row near the Southwest corner of the room.
- - -


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 4/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 5/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei advances to look at the mural "What an strange sight. Even with the stomach of a lion that seems disgusting my friend"
K. history (aid Florence): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
K. nature (id. the worms): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Perhaps that is not a normal meal, but rather a ritual. Something related to becoming part of the god of worms?"
K. religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
Even closer examination reveals that the contents of those jars that have been opened are not entrails, but writhing coils of what look like centipedes or worms that the scholars are either voraciously eating or simply allowing to crawl into their gaping mouths.

Nidhi feels one of her eyes twitch and she slowly floats backwards to the threshold of the room. Nope. Nope. Nope, nope, nope. "Well, it looks like there's nothing to see here! Let's continue our search somewhere else!" What kind of sicko jars bugs?!

Perception (Are the bugs alive?): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad wrote:
"Perhaps that is not a normal meal, but rather a ritual. Something related to becoming part of the god of worms?"

Nidhi begins to feel ill. Sicker than the auction night in which she gorged herself on delicacies, then ran after Cahal. "Please, no more. Urp." She covers the mouth slot of the mask with the back of her hand.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 5/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Perception (DC 20) + Detect Magic: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"Oof...everything in here is glowing," Florence sighs as the room lights up. "At least most of the jars are, anyway. Necromantic auras..."

She frowns.

"I'd have to open one of them to get a better idea of what sort of enchantment it's got on it, though. And, ah, I'm not really sure if I want to do that, all things considered..."

Florence gestures at the mural to emphasize her point.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle stays near the doorway, keeping a wary eye on everyone's favorite construct.

"What is it?" she calls to the party. "Anything useful in there?" She glances into the room. "Ugh! So that's not proper for the Great Croc?! Please don't tell us there's a god of worms!"


Zilchus assumes that there is nothing too interesting, just disgusting about the mural'd room. He turns to get ready to leave.

"If there is nothing here but jars of ick and bad art, we can continue our search," Zilchus says, heading back down the hallway.

Moved on map only if we're done in this room. Perception for new area at double double doors: 1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 24 + 2 = 35.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Man, I had two posts written, with all sorts of nasty stuff lined up with these centipede-like worms. :) Well, it's probably for the best.

The party moves on to the next set of doors. The doors are checked, and cleared, for traps, whereupon, eventually, they are opened. Down a flight of stairs another large room sits, much like the last. Many dozens more ceramic jars rest upon the stone shelves that wrap around this chamber’s walls. As in the last room, these are also sealed with wax, and also emit moderate necromancy when detected for.

In his pit, the hanshepsu continues to sit completely still, the solar disk ‘head’ impossible to read.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 5/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Is this all just some sort of construct and supply storage?" Florence sighs as she peers into the room ahead, once again noting the necromantic auras on the jars. "Construct parts in one room and...ugh...maybe the innards of the sacrifices used to make them in these jars? The sacrifices were supposed to be willing so maybe they were honored for it by having their organs sealed up."

She shudders. "No thank you. Just carve a statue of me or put my name on a memorial somewhere."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Florence Corvina wrote:
"No thank you. Just carve a statue of me or put my name on a memorial somewhere."

Zilchus snorts in agreement with Florence. He has no desire to be stuffed in a jar like a common moonshine.

”Agreed. If I were to more then temporarily die again, please toss me in the river and feed me to the crocs. That would be a fitting burial. Do not stuff my innards in a jar. That’s fine, I don’t need that.”

Zilchus surveys the room for trouble.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 24 + 2 = 46 Perception


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle backs up down the hallway in front of the open double doors to the room Zilchus has entered keeping her eye on the construct in the pit down the hall.

"I don't know, with this head I can't read what it's thinking.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus enters the room studiously looking around for trouble… and finds none.

Turning to leave however, all light within the chamber dims one step (bright > normal > dim > dark > supernaturally dark), so I think in this case Zilchus is now in dim light, wreathed in shadow, while those at the doorway are still in normal light.

Additionally Zilchus feels a sudden strange chill run down his spine… almost as if it is looking for something, and then it’s gone.

The room remains dim and the shadows lengthen. What do you do?


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 4/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 5/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Seeing the light to weirdly dim in the room, Kosei enters in with Zilchus and moves to the center where everything is at reach of his scent "What's it Commander Zilchus? Did you push something there? Another psychedelic trap of the Architect?"

"Let me see what can I do, friend" the lion starts to sniff around searching for traces of creatures or strange components.
Perception (scent): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22
Survival (track): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

If his natural senses do not help, he adds his supernatural ones with detect magic.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"Quit goofing off, Zilch! Are you doing that? Do you need the sunrod?" Stelle calls from the doorway, waiting to see what Kosei Lion smells and detects.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei detects nothing with his superior nose, save something about Zilchus which seems to be overpowering his scent for the moment.

His tracing is keen though, and aside from Zilchu's footprints, no one has entered this chamber in centuries.

Spellcraft reveals what was seen by Florence in the last chamber, moderate necromancy from all the ceramics still sealed. There may be a background necromantic aura, but it's hard to tell with all the jars emanating as well.


Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Quit goofing off, Zilch! Are you doing that? Do you need the sunrod?"

”What are you talking about!? I’m not even drunk yet,” Zilchus yells back, tired of being accused of things he’s not sure he’s responsible for. He looks around, then nods, sort of seeing the problem, maybe.

”Yeah, a sunrod might be good. Not sure what is going on,” Zilchus finally admits. ”Anyone got any daylight? We have them oils right?”

Zilchus will dig around for an oil of daylight and apply it to his buckler.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus applies an oil of daylight on his buckler, and the light flickers a moment before dimming along with the rest, by one step, to normal light. The shadows along the fringe of the spell flicker violently as if attacking the tricky light.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Is there another guardian in there to talk to?" Nidhi peers into the room while standing in the safe vicinity of Stelle. (See map.) "Unfortunately I don't know any light spells." Still floating on her carpet, the bard rests her longbow gently in her lap and pulls out her everburning torch.

"Do you see any traps for me to disable?" Nidhi doubts Zilchus can see much of anything in the spooky room.


"Am I getting a sunrod? This light is all weird," Zilchus grumbles, but does look around in the light he's in, trying to answer Nidhi.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 24 + 2 = 32 Perception


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 5/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"The light's weird?" Florence repeats as she moves up closer to the doorway and looks around. "Strange...I don't think that there are any other magical auras in here besides the ones on the jars. But hold on a moment, let me try something."

Spells & Powers:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2 + Pearl of Power
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Fairy Ring Retreat

Lesser Extend Rod: 1/3 Remaining
Fortune Hex: Stelle


______________

Flo casts See Invisibility and takes a look around~


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 4/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 5/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei reels back from the scent in the room looking at Zilchus with accusatory stare "Again?"

"This seems only some problems with the light. Perhaps it is just temporal, or a trap that malfunctioned... Architect knows!" scanning the jars the lion-man adds "The auras there are like the ones you described before my smart friend"

"Well, whatever, for the sands and stars of Osirion, we still have plenty to do better than sitting here speculating about what sick idea had the Pharaoh and the Architect for this place" Kosei moves towards the next set of doors "I advise we move in through the next doors my friends"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

For the sake of argument we'll say Stelle gives Zilchus her sunrod temporarily. It does nothing in the radius of the Daylight. Nor would you expect it to.

Florence sees nothing invisible from the doorway, which becomes crowded and squeezed with the large lion-Kosei trying to leave.

The shadows in the room seem to pulse briefly and Kosei and Zilchus must provide Will saves vs Fear, DC 17, or be shaken with fear as the chills return with more force - running up and down the spines of the two men in the room. If you fail, it lasts for minutes: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Zilchus (presumably with sunrod by now) takes one last stroll around the completely safe room before returning to the remaining double doors.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 24 + 2 = 32 Perception

Then he examines the double doors:

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 24 + 2 = 37 Perception

If they seem safe, he will open them.

Edit for ninja bastardery: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 Will


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 4/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 5/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Weill (fear) DC 17: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31
Kosei moves forward down the corridor with haste, only stopping when he is save behind all the others "Don't like it any longer that room. We move I say. Grrrrl!!!" the lion roars and pushes the others against the door "Don't like it that room! Shivers tells the lion that is no good place at all. By the sages of the desert, let's move past this place!"


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Anubis sniffs purposefully at Kosei Lion and Zilchus when they emerge from the shadow room. Stelle carefully retrieves the sunrod from Zilchus and inspects it suspiciously before deciding that it is unaltered.

She places it back in its saddle slot.

"You guys didn't pick up any parasites, did you?" she asks, looking them over for shadow wisps or legions from her perch on Annie.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 2 = 27

"No more rooms with canopic jars from now on!" she shouts at the sand. Turning to the party she then says, "Let's press on, shall we?"

+3 to Zilch's percept.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus brings his unwanted light to the far corners of the room, where the shadows grasp and tug at the edges. His unease doesn’t abate, though he finds nothing. Stelle examines her sunrod, and finds it to be free of infection, at least as far as she can tell.

The party closes the heavy doors and proceeds to the next pair which lead to a long hall, flowing underneath the two tunnels traversed above, and into an even larger chamber beyond - and in keeping with Stelle's proclamation, there are no canonic jars.

Bas-relief adorns the walls of this immense dark chamber, depicting what appear to be small children and elderly folk fleeing from some sort of giant hulking beasts. The far walls of the chamber are obscured in shadow and darkness. Entering the chamber and piercing that darkness, you see a vaulted ceiling 50 feet above, a pair of alcoves to the left and right that each contain a large stone sarcophagus, and perhaps most interesting of all, an immense map of the Slave Trenches carved in bas-relief on the wall directly opposite the room’s entrance.

Knowledge History* DC 20:
The pictographs on the walls portray an ancient Osirian fable about the kalnaka, a monster that was believed to prey upon the children and the elderly and served a role as a sort of bogeyman for the time. You recall these tales, and further that the kalnakas were said to be particularly fond of feasting upon slaves who disobeyed their masters. It was in this latter role that the slave masters of the Slave Trenches likely capitalized on the old stories.
- - -


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 5/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Florence advances down to the entrance into the large chamber but doesn't go any further; opting to wait for Stelle or Zilchus to investigate first. That said, she can't help but stare at the enormous map carved on the opposite wall and the pictographs.

Kn. History (DC 20): 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35

"Well! See the beast carved on the walls? It's a kalnaka, a creature from out of an ancient Osirion fable," she points. "Supposedly it preyed on children and the elderly. As you can imagine, it made for quite the bogeyman in stories of the time. Oh and it also was said to be fond of eating disobedient slaves...which is why it's been carved here, I'm sure."


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus listens to Florence’s explain with more true interest than he ever paid to Ben. The kalnaka is clearly a fable, like ‘guns’, ‘cannons’, or ‘love’. Things of myth.

”Kalnaka, huh? Sounds fabulous,” Zilchus says, emphasizing the pun. ”Well, that’s pretty interesting nonetheless.” Zilchus continues to stare at the map, moving up a bit closer.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 24 + 2 = 42 Perception - dangers.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 4/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 5/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

K. History DC 20: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 3 = 6
"Wow! I am impressed once more of your knowledge Florence. Although I have heart the fables on my childhood I would have never related the drawings to the Kalnaca" the lion nods impressed "I would have totally thought they were not real... Do you think the Kalnaca themselves are inside the sarcophagi my friend?"

While Zilchus approaches the map, Kosei will go inside and carefully examine the sarcophagi.
Perception SW (scent): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
Perception SE (scent): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24
Perception NE (scent): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36
Perception NW (scent): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle takes out her cell phone to snap a picture of the enormous mural before moving to the center of the room.

+4 Zilchus' perecption.

Stelle moves to the center of the room and checks the Scarab of Mummy Defense for the presence of mummies, and keeps an eye out for surprise Kalnaka or other bogeythings.

"How does a room like this only have one entrance? Maybe there's secret doors."

Pending no surprises, she'll look around for secret doors.

Percept: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 22 + 2 = 31

"Hopefully this is it though, and we can get back to Bynx!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As soon as the party approaches the far wall and the sarcophagi, the sarcophagi explode, scattering bits of stone lid in wide arcs into the room, with a few bits of masonry bouncing off Kosei. Erupting from these erstwhile tombs are four large mummies of some kind (image) as Stelle can tell you.

These hulking beasts have slick, gray, hairless skin and their numerous yellow eyes and wide toothy maw are their only facial features. Probably a good thing they can’t smell, for the aura that erupts with them is truly horrifying!

Knowledge Religion DC 20:
You face Advanced Mummified Gray Renders, NE Large Undead. The usual question for each five you beat the DC.
- - -

(As an aside for later, Zilchus finds a secret panel on the north side of the eastern wall with Stelle's aid. It is within the gaping mouth of a particularly frightening-looking kalnaka carving.)

- Round 1 -
Florence - 23
Stelle - 20
Kalnaka, red - 17 (2/2)
Kalnaka, green - 17 (2/2)
Kalnaka, purple - 17 (2/2)
Kalnaka, blue - 17 (2/2)
Nidhi - 15+
Zilchus - 15-
Kosei - 14

Initiative Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Kosei 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Nidhi 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Stelle 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Zilchus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Kalnakas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Florence and Stelle are up to begin round one!


Zilchus sizes up his opponents, hoping they are slow and plodding.

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 2 = 22 Know (Religion)

Nope.

Weaknesses? DRs?


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"Well, there's a surprise," Stelle comments, sounding a bit bored. "Let's actually make them fableless!"

Swift, Blades above and Below

Stelle charges Green.

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 5 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 45 -PA, +Hero, +Flank
for Damage: 3d6 + 15 + 9 + 6 + 24 + 6d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 3) + 15 + 9 + 6 + 24 + (4, 4, 3, 4, 6, 2) = 84 +Hero, +PA, Holy

Trip(Mighty Charge): 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 40 +Hero, +Flank

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 against charm and compulsion spells and effects (Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 Flank (Melee, Anubis and Anyone in melee on Green)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 5/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Florence's Round 1, Init 23

Kn. Religion (DC 20): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

"Oooh...um, I guess they're not quite so mythical after all! But they're definitely some form of mummy," Florence offers, almost apologetically. Hoping that Stelle and Zilchus can keep Green and Purple occupied for a moment she ducks into the room and moves towards Kosei, stopping a few feet behind him. She begins casting and (rather dramatically) slaps her palm against the floor, sending a seismic ripple running through the stone floor and into Blue!

Earth Tremor (Bludgeoning): 10d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 1, 2, 2, 3) = 20

DC 19 Reflex for half damage.

Spells & Powers:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2 + Pearl of Power
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Fairy Ring Retreat

Lesser Extend Rod: 1/3 Remaining
Fortune Hex: Stelle


______________

Flo casts Earth Tremor, opting for the 30 ft. line to Blue~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence moves a bit closer, and sends a low rumbling earth tremor into the sarcophagus with a kalnaka (I’ve put a bit of a marker on the map to show the difficult terrain). Stelle pins one to the back of its alcove - killing it outright.

The red one lumbers out, moving very fast for its size, and tries to bite Zilchus.
Bite: 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 20 + 1 = 38 Damage: 3d6 + 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 1, 6) + (3, 2, 6) + 13 = 34

Meanwhile the blue one lashes out at Kosei, first with a bite, then with two claws. It seems to be intent on merely brushing him aside so it can get to Zilchus.
Bite: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38 Damage: 3d6 + 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) + (2, 2, 4) + 13 = 33
Claw: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31 Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 5) + 13 = 24
Claw: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34 Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 = 16
If both claws hit, rend Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 1) + 13 = 15

Finally purple too exits its alcove and closes Zilchus with amazing speed, whereupon he bites him!
Bite: 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 20 + 1 = 41 Damage: 3d6 + 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 2, 5) + (1, 3, 3) + 13 = 28
critthreat Bite: 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 20 + 1 = 37 Damage: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 2, 5) + 13 = 25

They seem to be intent on protecting the Eastern wall, and keep Zilchus from touching it.

- Round 1 -
Nidhi - 15+
Zilchus - 15- (-87hp)
Kosei - 14 (-88hp)
- Round 2 -
Florence - 23
Stelle - 20
Kalnaka, red - 17 (1/2)
Kalnaka, green - 17 (2/2)
Kalnaka, purple - 17 (1/2)
Kalnaka, blue - 17 (2/2)

Nidhi, Zilchus, and Kosei finish up round one, while Florence and Stelle begin round two.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus delays ever so briefly until after Stelle, knowing the power of her charges and how it might help him. Also, he can clean up a foe if she fails to take one down.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 4/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 5/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei steps back under the pain caused by the terrible rendering of the creature.

HP 39/143 AC 29 TAC 13

"Ah! No! They are real! The Kalnaka want to eat me! Help me my friends!!!!" from that new position he securely casts shifting sand and the boulders just created by Florence start to spin and fly around the Kalnaka, trying to push it away from Kosei and make it fall "Stone of Osirion I need you! Stop the Kalnaka!"
Area is difficult terrain also now, Ref 20 to avoid entangled, and further Ref 20 to move or fall prone

K. religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Round 2, Init 20

Stelle and Anubis pivot neatly about face near the northeast corner of the room, and charge past red to skewer and overrun purple.

Provoking Red

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 14 + 3 + 5 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 3 + 5 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 43 +Charge, +Hero, +Flank, -PA
for Damage: 3d6 + 9 + 15 + 24 + 6d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2) + 9 + 15 + 24 + (5, 6, 5, 3, 5, 5) = 86 +PA, +Holy

Trip(Mighty Charge): 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 35

Anubis Imp.Overrun: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 2 + 4 = 25 +Flank, +Prone?

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 against charm and compulsion spells and effects (Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 Flank (Melee, Anubis and Anyone in melee on Purple)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 vs DC 20 or be entangled. We'll see on his initiative if he can move without falling down.

Red Bite on Stelle: 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 20 + 1 = 36 Damage: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 2, 6) + 13 = 22

Purple does in fact perish at the point of Stelle's lance, poor brute.

Nidhi, Florence, and Zilchus to go.


Round 1, Init After Stelle

Zilchus steps up to red and gives him the side and backside of his blade.

1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 20 + 2 = 30 to hit; (+hero)
1d10 + 23 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 23 + (3, 5) = 38 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30 to hit; (+hero)
1d10 + 23 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 23 + (1, 2) = 29 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

Pot crit:
1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17 to hit; (+hero)
1d10 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

And he quickly channels a bit of life back into himself.

7d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 4, 4, 3, 5) = 25 healing

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+20+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

[ dice]1d20+12+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

HP: 114-14-88+Fev (2 con damage)/114
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 1/14 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/10 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/14 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 1/4 used (7d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1:

Nidhi begins to sing and casts Good Hope on the party.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (link) Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.


Nidhi goes before Zilchus so add +3 to hit, +5 damage, I think.

Zilchus grunts.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Good hope gives a bonus on attack rolls as well, so +5/+5. :)

Zilchus discovers the creature has some DR and so he cannot quite drop it. Red is still up, as is blue.

Florence is up.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 5/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Florence's Round 2, Init 23

Florence looks between Zilchus and Kosei, torn on who needs her help the most. But when she sees that Red is quite wounded she makes her decision and spins about, conjuring a snowball into the palm of her hand. She heaves it at the injured kalnaka...

Please work, please work, please work!

Florence vs. SR (Spell Penetration): 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 2 = 31

Snowball vs. Red (Ranged Touch; IC, Into Melee): 1d20 + 9 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 3 - 4 = 21
Damage (Cold): 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 6, 2) = 20

Spells & Powers:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2 + Pearl of Power
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Fairy Ring Retreat

Lesser Extend Rod: 1/3 Remaining
Fortune Hex: Stelle


______________

Flo will cast Snowball and toss it at Red~

7,301 to 7,350 of 7,476 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.