GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


7,501 to 7,550 of 7,884 << first < prev | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | next > last >>

HP: 49/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well...that makes a few things clearer," Florence remarks after a pause. "Not very smart to double-cross every ally you have, is it? If you're lucky, you just end up dead. If you're unlucky, you end up like her," she gestures towards the sarcophagus.

"And uh, it's also good to know that we'd probably have a fight on our hands if we popped that thing open."

She seems content to move on to investigate the other doors if there's nothing else of interest to be found.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Other than the large sarcophagus, the seams also sealed in cold iron, you find nothing in the room. The door, such as it is, can’t act as much but a prop or facade however. You really had to bust it to bust it down.

The lower right door is arcane locked like the others (though not sealed in cold iron - only the Northeastern door is). Do you crash it?


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle stays quiet, gazing in horror at Jeshura's sarcophagus.

... she exposed herself to a potent supernatural disease of her own design. This contagion consumed her body and destroyed her flesh, but reincarnated her into the body of a powerful outsider ... Trapped within the sarcophagus and now undying, Jeshura could do nothing but wait and grow ever more insane ...

[ ... ]

Zilchus wrote:
"You think your flying friend from outside is gunna get mad at us if I try bashing this door down?”

Stelle finally gets around to answering Zilchus, having initially ignored him for calling out Tef Naju as her "friend".

"My friend?" she cries in outrage. "Why you bashed through this door!" she exclaims, trying to put a perspective on things. "I was just thinking they could have used a heavier material to bury this !" She points to the sarcophagus.

Like lead. Lead is heavier, isn't it?

She hurries out of the room ahead of Zilchus. "Let's just avoid doors sealed in cold iron from now on out, shall we? -- and seal this one back up as best we can!"

She moves to the lower right door as Zilchus does.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41


HP: 49/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Um yes, let's do that," Florence agrees, clearly a little startled to see even Stelle showing some unease about what lies trapped in the sarcophagus. "And maybe um, maybe Kosei knows some magic that we can use to seal the door back over or something," she adds as she hurries to follow the pair.


Zilchus grunts, content to let Stelle lead for the moment...but as they find themselves at the same door, he will examine then try to open it.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 24 + 2 = 31 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Neither Stelle nor Zilchus find anything unusual about this door - other than the arcane lock that keeps it firmly in place. Nidhi could try to unlock it, and with enough time she might succeed, or Florence can knock it for a short time.

Or you can bash it down as well.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi floats over (see map) and uses her luminous lockpicks to try to unlock the door. Her emerald green eyes stare at the door a moment before she begins to maneuver thye luminous lockpicks in her nimble hands.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 5 = 36

If the first attempt fails, she tries again.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 22 + 5 = 28


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi moves up to the front a moment, whips out her tools, and takes a cursory glance at the challenge before her. Her skill is no match for the ancient magics however, as she pops the lock on the first try!

Within, the small room is bare, the walls devoid of carving… but shimmering with a green energy. It doesn’t take long for Florence to reveal that the cell is warded with some form of permanent dimensional lock! Anyone placed in this cell isn’t getting out easily as the back of the door is smooth and without feature as well. Definitely a prison of some sort.

In fact, you see a long dead skeleton of some previous explorer crumbling on the floor here. Most of the skeleton’s gear has rotted away, but there’s a bright yellow and gold cape, covered in dust and sand, draped over the body. Closer examination, and a little detect magic, reveals the cape to be a Cape of the Mountebank. Whoever the poor guest of the chamber was, they couldn’t get out.


”Nice work, Nidhi,” Zilchus smiles pleasantly as the woman’s quick fingers prevented minutes of him needing to bash and thrash through things. He will trod inside to the cape, handing it to whomever wants it. ”Nice cape through, huh?”

If there is nothing else here, Zilchus will move to the next door and examine it before trying to open it when others are ready.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 24 + 2 = 28 Perception


HP: 49/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"That's a nice cape," Florence points out as Zilchus retrieves it from the cell. "And the magic inside it is a little situational, but really handy when you actually need it!"

If anyone suggests she herself take the cloak, Florence smiles and shakes her head. "Thanks, but I can replicate that magic myself - if I choose to prepare it, I mean. It'd be better for someone who doesn't have any means of getting away from trouble in a hurry."

As she follows Zilchus to the next door, she can't help but glance back over her shoulder at the poor, long-dead prisoner. "We should come back and give them a proper burial later, once we've got the time."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The doors open easily, are not locked, nor barred in any way - from either side.

A dizzying pattern of indecipherable runes and glowing carvings adorns the walls of this very oddly shaped chamber. Interspersed among these runes are human-sized carvings of men and women with various animal heads in bas-relief. The angles of this room’s walls, including those where the ceiling rises and falls, are all strange and cause the mind to do a little number on itself - only the floor remains a single flat plane.

You see a single decrepit hanshepsu on the floor in a most disturbing, uh, pattern. From the looks of it, the hanshepsu was falling apart, perhaps from age. It is clear however that it was attempting to crawl, drag itself really, toward a strange looking alcove, of which there are three in the strange room. It must have taken some time to crumble though, and its willpower must be fierce, for the hanshepsu is spread out over many feet. It’s as if, as it fell apart, bits of it continued to strive for the arch, separated from the other bits. Makes for quite a macabre view - if only in stone.

It had a scorpion head when it died.

(The map, annoyingly, shows statues or some-such in the alcoves to the southwest. However, there is nothing in the alcoves but dust and sand when you get close enough to see.


HP: 49/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence steps up behind Zilchus and peers over his shoulder, gawping a little at the strange dimensions of the room and the unnerving sight of the crumbled hanshepsu.

"Ooh...this is...why did they design the room like this?"

As per usual, she attempts to scan what parts of the room she can see and reach for magical auras. "I wonder if there's something in those alcoves with mending properties? That's about the only reason I can see it trying so hard to reach one..."

She looks at the crumbled construct and sighs.

"What a sad way to go. Maybe even worse than the poor soul back there in the prison."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"If I get into trouble or need to get away fast, I'll just go invisible." Nidhi sounds confident.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Ooh...this is...why did they design the room like this?"

"Ugh, the design is making me dizzy... And all the corners. It would be easy for someone to hide and pop out."

Knowledge (History) Room design: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Zilchus blinks his eyes from the usual room, used to having his eyes hurt him during a bad hangover.

"This room reminds me of Nidhi drunk singing..." Zilchus grumbles, "...or was that my singing? Ah...same thing, pretty much."

He airwalks into the room, trying to keep his focus on one solid point rather than getting absorbed in the absurdities of the design.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 24 + 2 = 37 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi floats into the room, but can think of no reason for such a strange chamber. Zilchus follows after, and delves deeply into it, examining the alcoves more carefully. There is a glowing keystone above each arch, which seems to serve as the arches power or focus. Each one thrums softly and pulses lightly and slowly.

Presuming Florence follows along behind, searching for auras in the alcoves, she’ll find incredibly powerful transmutation magics in each. Further, she thinks she’s correct. Hanshepsu, at least, are repaired while within the arch. Possibly even rebuilt. Possibly even made. She’s pretty sure living creatures should not volunteer to enter an arch.

All of you find it difficult to move within the room due to the angles. Treat as difficult terrain because you just can’t get focused. Move too quickly, and you may become nauseated. (In other words, to move faster than half, make a Fort save or become nauseated from the attempt.)


Female Halfling Cavalier/14
GMEuan wrote:
A dizzying pattern of indecipherable runes and glowing carvings adorns the walls of this very oddly shaped chamber.

Stelle glances into the room and winces at the remains of the desperate construct splayed on the floor.

"Just looking at this gives me a headache. Don't you feel that?! Don't go too far in there!"

Stelle waits outside the room until the others satisfy their curiosity.


HP: 49/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Ohhh...yeah, this is more or less what I was thinking," Florence remarks, having carefully picked her way over to get a better look at the alcoves. "They're repair stations for these constructs - powerful, powerful transmutation aura. It might even be enough to completely rebuild one or *make* one."

If anyone moves as though to enter one of the alcoves she immediately reaches out to stop them.

"Um, pretty sure that'd be a bad idea. Remember how these things are made? One of the components is a willing soul sacrifice. Better safe than sorry."

She looks around, trying to make sense of the room without getting too much of a headache.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"It might not mean much but there's three alcoves and only one construct...what's left of it, anyway. So there might be others wandering around down here."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle guards the door while Florence takes a good look around, though she finds nothing new.


HP: 49/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well...this is all very strange but if there's nothing else to be found I guess we should move on?" Florence suggests after her inspections turn up nothing else of interest.

She heads back out the door and gestures to the northwest. "How about we try this one next?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The door Florence references is arcane locked like many of the others. How do you proceed?


Still not sure what is up with the crazy room, Zilchus retreats to find the final door arcanically locked.

"These things are pissers. I mean, who does this? WHO!?" Zilchus grouses at the door and hopes Nidhi can open it or Kosei can bypass it.

But if they can't, he'll try bashing it down or breaking it open. He doesn't care what birdbeak thinks. He's done with these damn doors.


HP: 49/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well, so far we've found, what, a horribly cursed undead abomination and a prison cell with a long-dead prisoner? So far it looks like people who want to keep someone or something locked in do this," Florence can't help but point out, perhaps a little cheekily. "Or if you want to make it even simpler, um...wizards. Wizards do this. A wizard did it."


HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

Kosei observes at the stout doors "Mmmm... the architect is certainly a wicked one. Perhaps breaking this will only cause doom to us..."

The Garundi observes if Nidhi can break through the magical lock, and if not, he will try to glide through the door or the wall and check if there is any means to open it from behind.
Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nice perception roll!

Nidhi floats at half speed as to avoid becoming nauseous and pulls out her luminous lock picks. She tinkers with the tools at the door, attempting to unlock it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 22 + 5 = 44


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi pops the door open with ease...

Unfortunately, on the other side of the door. Is another door. Also arcane locked against intrusion.

What do you do?


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle tsks and sighs while Anubis starts trying to dig through the stone floor.

"There's no doubt the Architect had a tedious sense of humor. Anyone want to bet on how many doors there are beyond this one?"

She patiently waits to see.


Zilchus waits for Nidhi’s skill to amaze him yet again.

”You know what this place needs? More doors.”


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"What's this?!" Nidhi huffs out, but then laughs. "Wow, what a place."

She tilts her head, props a hand on her hip, and survey's the door. She also detects magic on the new door.

Perception (mimic?): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The door is, as the others you've encountered so far, just a door. Arcane locked to be sure, but no mimic or other trap.

As far as you can tell...


HP: 49/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Yeah, someone either had a 'funny' sense of humor or there's something really important this way," Florence agrees when the door reveals yet another door. "Or dangerous. Nidhi, be careful, okay?"


HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

"Why would you want so many doors Zilchus? Is this some kind of new passion?" observing the new door and waiting for Nidhi to work on it the Kosei-elemental just adds "I don't think it is a good idea to open up the way inside that place friends"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi tries her hand at unlocking the second door.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 22 + 5 = 29

And tries again...

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 22 + 5 = 35


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi tries and fails, and tries again - succeeding in opening the second door. From behind the door peaks... Another door!

The third door rears its solid stone form same as the other two, complete with its own Arcane Lock as well.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi perceives and new door and casts detect magic on it.

Perception (mimic?): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As before, close examination of the door reveals nothing untoward. No traps, and no creatures. Just cold stone.


HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

Kosei looks and averts his eyes. The stone seems to shake in front of the door "Friends. A sky full of Suns is a sky that burns. Those are just one too many doors. We better leave whatever it is there trapped inside" the stone man points at the southern door "The Pharaon's key is sure there. It's the center. We sure have a better fight with whatever remains of Jeshura. No matter how god-like or furious she might be than to face whatever is behind three arcane locked doors!"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi works her magic once more.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 22 + 5 = 31

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 22 + 5 = 42


HP: 49/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence looks from the third door that Nidhi continues to stubbornly work her magic on back to the southern door that gave her the weird, uneasy feeling earlier and then back again.

"Well, um, I don't really like any of our options, to be honest," she frowns. "But Nidhi's already at work there on the third door so we may as well see if there's a fourth or not before we think about trying the southern doors."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

There is indeed a fourth door!

The next stone door sits there impassively blocking your path. Also magicked with arcane lock, close examination reveals it too is not a mimic.

Does the party proceed through this, perhaps final, door? Or do they head south, to the unlocked double doors there.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Is this some kind of a joke? Or a crazy man's prison?" Nidhi looks towards the others, than back at the fourth door. She sighs and readies her tools.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 22 + 5 = 38


Zilchus snickers to himself, waiting. Then he shares it.

”You know, that big undead zombie didn’t kill me outside, but I might die of door-dom down here,” ZIlchus grins obnoxiously.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi unlocks the fourth door to reveal...

A fifth door! It is in all ways identical to the prior four.

Clearly someone doesn't want you to go down this hallway. Do you turn back, or press on?


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"Well, this seems ridiculous. I am beginning to second think moving forward door after door after door. There's probably one for every Sekresphere. What horror if any, might be waiting beyond?"

Stelle checks the Scarab of Mummy defense again to see if there are any mummies within 60 feet.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle finds no mummies within the radius. Interestingly, the item doesn't indicate that its ability is blocked by the usual things, so it works through walls and doors.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle frowns at the Scarab. "Well, it's not a mummy. Three's a charm, but five? Maybe there's nothing at all beyond all these doors and it's just a decoy to frustrate us. You'd either hide something very dangerous behind all of this, or something very important."

Stelle is willing to keep going, her curiosity piqued at this point.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Okay, okay. One more door. Then we move on."

Nidhi examines the door and casts detect magic. Then she'll attempt to unlock it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 22 + 5 = 37


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus continues to stand ready, watchful, and snorking.

”Man...whomever did this was pretty door-ky,” he snorts, thinking himself hilarious, which he is not.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 24 + 2 = 29 Perception


HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

Not liking the look of it, Kosei casts great magic fant on his own stony hands "This cannot end good my friends"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle is curious and interested in continuing and the others agree to varying degrees.

Nidhi tries "one more door" and cracks the lock to reveal...

One more door.

The sixth stone door, arcane locked, and still not a mimc, sits patiently before you.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"O.K. Fine. Thanks for humoring me. Let's go through the other doors." Stelle heads back, giving up for now.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25

7,501 to 7,550 of 7,884 << first < prev | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.