GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


7,401 to 7,450 of 7,642 << first < prev | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus steps outside, if only briefly, to find the various obelisks to be slightly glowing. Hard to see by day, it should really light up the trenches by night.

Does the party rest until morning or proceed? If resting, do you head back to the ship, or make the Fairy Ring here? If proceeding, where to - the guardian vault or back to check the wall map while Kosei is still an earth elemental?


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Florence (with Bynx in tow) follows Zilchus back outside and smiles to see the obelisks aglow, no matter how faint. She holds her arms wide and slowly spins about.

"Progress! Wonderful!"

She stops and looks to her friends. "What next? I'm good to go for a bit longer if we want to keep going but, um, I'd rather not risk us overdoing it if you guys are feeling tapped out."

"If we do keep going, we should probably pop back across the sandfall to see if anything's different with the map and then go scout out the Guardian vault," Florence adds. "But if we want to stop now, maybe we should make the Fairy Ring back at the ship this time - the lights from the obelisks might draw some attention if there's anything wandering around out there when the sun sets."


”Yeah, that’s good work, Flo!” Zilchus beams. ”And I guess checking out the map would be good as long as we don’t provoke that angry thing by messing with the sand. But also, we could use a rest, some drinks, you know, before all the bloodshed that will likely happen tomorrow.”

Zilchus will be happy to return to the map room or not, whatever works. He doesn’t have much magics to help with a thing like this.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Okay then, let's go have a quick look at the map again if Kosei doesn't mind carrying us and Bynx doesn't mind, uh, holding the door open for us," Florence agrees. "Then we can figure out where to set camp for the night."


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"Of course I don't mind my friends!" Kosei will offer himself to carry everyone through the stone and visit the map, noting if anything has changed.
Perception (scent): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party makes their way back to the Sekrephrenet (Monument Vault) and Kosei ferry's the group inside again. You pass the hanshepsu, still in it's ditch, on your way to the map. Bynx guards the entry as before to avoid the stone block and the party uses Stelle's plank, or their own leaping/flying, to get around the pit.

When you reach the map room, all initially looks as it did before. But if you get close to the map, all the Sekrepheres glow with a faint blue light. Close inspection reveals that each glowing spot is a circular area containing the holy symbol of a deity of Ancient Osirion framed by two crooked, mirrored, lightning bolt like runes.

The correct order to activate the Sekrepheres, as revealed previously by Chisisek, is Horus, Ptah, Isis, Ra, Khepri, Osiris, Sobek, Maat, Sekhmet, Thoth, and finally Set. You still don't know how to activate them, but once you figure it out - that's the order.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Ah hah! Progress," Florence repeats again when they see that the Sekrepheres on the map are aglow. "We know the right order they'll need to be activated in, which is good. All we need to do now is finish bridging the uh, connection, for lack of a better term, over in the Guardian Vault - then we can activate the Sekrepheres!"

She dusts off her hands, feeling more reassured and confident of their course now that there's been some tangible, visible progress made. "But for now, time to take a break it sounds like. I know it's a little bit of a hike...er, fly...from here, but let's set the Fairy Ring at the ship tonight - just in case."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence is close, but to be clear, the Sun Disk key may be found in the Guardian Vault, but the Sekrepheres are activated from here separate from that.

But no need to activate them now as Kosei reminded earlier, once activated, they shut down in relatively short order.


Zilchus looks at the lights, then hears Kosei’s warning. He shakes his head.

”This is all very confusing. Very very confusing. Seems like it would be easier to smash it all to bits, so that no one can ever bring down the stupid flying invisible butt pyramid of ass rather than go through all these stupid steps,” Zilchus grouses at the complexity and steps to do anything around here.

”What do we have to do next? Go wipe our asses with the native sand napkins in the trenches of fire sand? Or go tickle the belly of the unkillable fart sphinx while dancing on asps asses?” Zilchus begins to sulk. This is getting complicated.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"Alright, we rest by the ship, then tomorrow get everything set up that we need to activate the Spheres," Stelle says, looking at the map.

"With all of these gods, I guess there was no way to make this magic portal smaller, huh?"

Zilchus wrote:
" [ Meow! Meow! MEOW! ] "

Stelle glances at Zilchus, then breaks out a small scroll, quill and some expensive inks. She uses the latter two items to write the word "ICE" on the former before tucking it back into a pocket on her saddle.

"Yes, I myself could use a stiff drink. If there's nothing more to be done for now, let's collect Bynx and head to the ship."


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Yeah, let's do that," Florence agrees, rubbing at her temples. The whole thing made her own head hurt so she felt some sympathy for Zilchus' frustration - even if its expression left something to be desired. "We'll feel better after a good meal and some rest."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party examines the wall briefly before Kosei escorts you all out again.

Turning back to mist outside, you fly through the enormously hot afternoon sun back to the magically cooler ship for drinks, a meal or two, and a good nights rest.

You are unbothered in the night, nestled in Florences Fairy Ring, though the Slave Trenches glow warmly to the southeast all night long.

You awaken to a bright and hot Wealday, Arodus 20, 4714. Somewhere in the sky above, the Forgotten Pharaoh is also awakening, who knows how slowly, and martialling his forces. Will another pyramid be sent to investigate the activation of the 'Trenches? Will Hakotep come himself, obviating the need to summon him?

Time will tell...


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei takes the rest after a long moment of contemplation of the stars. The man seems silent and sunken in his own thoughts. Quite for a change. It would seem he is busy, with his mind in other side. But he mechanically follows the party around and helps on that he is told.

The next morning, he comes again to meditation with the sands, and as the Sun rises he seems to charge back with energy. Barely a mumble, you can hear him saying something like "It's time for the Guardian Vault my friends"


Zilchus nods at Kosei, agreeing.

”We knew it would come to this. Is there anything I should do to prepare? Outside of a final drink, that is?” Zilchus asks Kosei, hoping for an easy answer.

He will magic himself up and ready for the Vault.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party, thanks to the stone wall, knows exactly where the Akhumemnet (Guardian Vault) should lie. It’s in the trench alongside the Sun Disk, to the east and a little north. As you fly in mist form, traveling using the Wind Walk spell as usual, and are coming in for a landing, it seems that a large dune has blocked the entrance. There are many dunes along the walls here, as the trench is some 120’ deep at this point. It’s also very dark down here as the sun is only just starting to warm the day and does not pierce this deeply into the trench.

I’m presuming you use light sources once you’re whole again and no longer misty, and begin to search the area for a way in. Let me know your plans - you have a pretty good idea where the entrance must lie, but there are three or four large dunes behind which the door could be hidden. Hard to tell which one it is, but lots of ways to find out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle shuffles around in her backpack and pulls out the bartending kit.

"Can anyone make ice by any chance? I have this 20 year old Tephnese single malt I'd been saving for a special occasion. We could use water if necessary, or drink it straight..."

Stelle pours everyone a generous portion. "Cheers!"

She suits up and prepares herself and Anubis for the Vault.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi sits on her floating carpet with her longbow across her lap and her everburning torch in her hand.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle pulls out the Scarab of Mummy defense, and just for fun uses it to see if the presence of mummies -- if any -- will clue them in on where to start digging.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Though Nidhi notices nothing unusual, from some 60' away, Stelle raises a hand and points. One of the mounds glows to her, as if it contained a mummy! She suspects the mummy is inside the large pile of sand.

New map up! Sorry about the tightness on the map - that’s all the map they gave me for this fight. Apparently the far wall of the trench is just 25’ away from this one at this point. So you can’t go off the edge, there’s a wall there.

I've noted the sand dune on the map for reference. Please let me know what you do, but if you close or otherwise attack the dune in some way, obviously we'll switch to initiative. You are not however, as yet, in initiative.


Zilchus pauses as Stelle warns the party of the mummy in the sand dune.

”Oh of course,” Zilchus grunts as the magics up for the day. ”If we got to get in there, then we got to get in there, don’t we?” He grunts out between spells. ”Stelle, any sense of how big it is? Is it bigger or smaller than that rocking roc?”

Zilchus moves up, now air walking 5’ up, closer to the dune. He keeps his eyes open for signs of movement.

”Anyone have any good ideas here? Kosei, can you blow the sand away? Or Nidhi, maybe you got something? You’re pretty surprising sometimes.”

Flo, have a heroism for your good fren, good ol’ Zilchus?

Zilchus doesn’t engage the sands yet, but does look for trouble.

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32 Perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Survival (tracks)


Female Halfling Cavalier/14
Zilchus wrote:
"Is it bigger or smaller than that rocking roc?”

Stelle glances first at Zilchus, then at the dune then back at Zilchus.

"Is the dune as big as the Roc was? Yes! I don't see any mummy parts sticking out of that dune, do you?! Leave me a lane!"


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

False Life, Greater: 3d10 + 14 ⇒ (7, 1, 7) + 14 = 29

Florence also 'magics up' when Stelle points out the presence of the Mummy Surprise somewhere in the dune, casting her usual protections for herself and then for Stelle and Zilchus.

"Hmm...I don't really have any magics suitable for moving a lot of earth, or sand, all at once," she sighs, eyeing the enormous dune. "Kosei, do you? If not, we may just have to try getting close and see if it'll come out to play..."

Spells & Powers:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2 + Pearl of Power
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Fairy Ring Retreat

Lesser Extend Rod: 1/3 Remaining


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"I can conjure some water to enjoy your drink Stelle. What are we celebrating?" Kosei looks at the bottle interested.

As the dune is discovered he closes up to Zilchus and uses his rod to cast an extended barkskin on him. On himself he uses longstrider" and nods to the suggestions of the group "Let me try this" entering a conjuring stance, he moves his hands and casts shifting sand trying to blow the sand of the dune until whatever is shining below emerges.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Florence watches in awe as Kosei uses his magic to begin shifting the sands away from whatever might be waiting underneath.

"Amazing! I know we all have our own talents and things that we're best at but I won't lie - I'm a little jealous," she smiles.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus finds no tracks, at least nothing recent, and perceives nothing unusual. As the party prepares and approaches the dune, Kosei churns the sand into a tiny haboob. At the center of it stands an enormous fifteen foot tall spinosauraus, mummified (image). It rears out of the rest of the dune and prepares to attack! You recognize the shape from the statue you placed in the Lantern Vault - this must be Sensuret! You know the creature is hasted, and has fast healing 5, but it can be slain - an impossible task without having placed the statue where you did.

Knowledge Religion DC 25:
You face an awakened mummified advanced spinosaurus (NE Gargantuan Undead). One question for each five you beat the DC.
- - -

Everyone please make a DC 22 will save or flee in terror for rounds: 1d6 ⇒ 1 at the very sight of this unique and horrible creature. Remember there are some bonuses floating around I think.

Also be aware that the sand dune has scattered, but the effects of the Shifting Sands spell remain (difficult terrain, and risk of entanglement) but only in the ringed area (pretty much just where I am).

- Round 1 -
Florence - 22
Sensuret - 14+
Nidhi - 14-
Zilchus - 11
Stelle - 10
Kosei - 6

Initiative Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Kosei 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Stelle 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Zilchus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Sensuret 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Next up, Florence in round one!

(If you attack in melee or take a standard action to study Sensuret) AND Perception DC 25:
You notice a brand under the bandages of the undead dinosaur’s chest. Hakotep’s name has been branded there in a cartouche. It glows slightly and seem to be providing some protection to the creature. It can be sundered, but as with sundering armor or a weapon, you won’t be doing damage to the creature - just to the cartouche, and use the Sunder Combat Maneuver Rules (link) to do so if you chose to.
- - -


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Round 1, Init 22

Will (DC 22): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

"Holy..." Florence gulps as the sand reveals the fearsome Sensuret and for a moment, she thinks of running away...but then she steels her resolve and the urge passes.

Kn. Religion (DC 25): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

As she studies the beast, something clicks in her mind and she calls out a warning to her friends. "Watch out! Sensuret may be dead but someone awakened him to human intelligence once upon a time, so he may be more cunning than any regular beast!"

The best defense here might be a good offense-!

Thinking quickly, Florence moves forward and calls upon a blessing of fervor to aid at least some of her allies.
______________

Flo moves up and casts Blessing of Fervor. Since I don't think I can tag everyone, I'll opt to get Zilchus, Kosei, and myself~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence blesses some of the party and moves up a little.

Sensuret, first tries to escape his bonds with a rush at Zilchus!
Reflex: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 1 = 33 vs DC 20? or be entangled

Next he pounces on the poor warrior, screeching as he does so!
Bite: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (4) + 26 = 30 damage: 3d8 + 14 ⇒ (2, 3, 2) + 14 = 21

He looks to want to swallow Zilchus whole, but doesn’t have the grab ability, or really any skill with grapple at all. So he doesn’t.

- Round 1 -
Nidhi - 14-
Zilchus - 11
Stelle - 10
Kosei - 6
- Round 2 -
Florence - 22
Sensuret - 14+

Next up, Most everyone in round one and Florence in round two.

(If you attack in melee or take a standard action to study Sensuret) AND Perception DC 25:
You notice a brand under the bandages of the undead dinosaur’s chest. Hakotep’s name has been branded there in a cartouche. It glows slightly and seem to be providing some protection to the creature. It can be sundered, but as with sundering armor or a weapon, you won’t be doing damage to the creature - just to the cartouche, and use the Sunder Combat Maneuver Rules (link) to do so if you chose to.
- - -


Round 1

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 = 28 Will (heroism)
1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 2 = 21 Know (Religion)

”GAK!” Zilchus barely has time to react before nearly being caught by fang. He fights back as best he can. BoF for extra attack. Grunting because s@$* is hard, yo.

1d20 + 20 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 20 + 2 + 6 = 38 to hit; (+hero,+grunt)
1d10 + 23 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 23 + (2, 1) = 32 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 + 6 = 30 to hit; (+hero,+grunt)
1d10 + 23 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 23 + (3, 5) = 32 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

1d20 + 20 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 20 + 2 + 6 = 41 to hit; (+hero,+grunt)
1d10 + 23 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 23 + (3, 6) = 40 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

Someone get that Breath of Life ready.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+20+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

[ dice]1d20+12+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

HP: 114/114
AC: 34/30 (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/14 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 1/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 0/10 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/14 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 2/4 used (7d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

WillDC22: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35 +Scarab, +Hero

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32

"He's been branded! Stelle shouts on a a ride by sunder.

Blades Above and Below

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 14 + 3 + 5 - 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 3 + 5 - 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 41 -PA, +Hero, +Flank
for Damage: 3d6 + 9 + 15 + 24 + 6d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3) + 9 + 15 + 24 + (2, 4, 6, 6, 1, 2) = 83 +PA, Holy

Sunder: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 2 = 31 +Hero

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone within 60 feet)+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone within 60 feet)+2 against charm and compulsion spells and effects (Everyone within 60 feet)

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 84/84 (120 DR Adamantine)
Annie: Hits: 76/76 (4.5 x HD +Con)
Stelle AC: 31
Anubis AC: 30
Buffs:

Saves:
Fort: +12 (Base, +1 Con, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck)
Reflex: +14 (Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck, +2 Belt of Dex)
Will: +7/+12 vs. Fear (Base, +1 Blood of Pharaohs, +1 Luck, +1 Cloak, +2 Fearless, +3 Banner)

Challenge: 5/5

AC: 31 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +3, Dodge, +Belt Dex +2) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +14/+9/+4 (+3 Lance (Holy), +5 Str, -4 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)
MIGHTY CHARGE -- Combat Maneuver
GREATER BANNER

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+12 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+3 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+2 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +2damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Sunder Damage: 3d6 + 9 + 15 + 24 ⇒ (6, 6, 2) + 9 + 15 + 24 = 62 +PA


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Nidhi squints but isn't able to make heads or tails of their new encounter.

Will DC22: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 Nidhi has the Ring of the Sublime which I think negates this effect. If so, ignore the next text.

Round 1:

Nidhi begins to sing, inspiring her allies, then casts Good Hope on the party. She touches the longbow in her lap like she intends to shoot next. 5 ft. diagonal. See map.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (link) Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Will+Z. aura of courage (fear) DC 22: 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 4 = 32

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36

Concentration (cast defensive) DC 27: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35
"What kind of beast is this?!" Kosei gathers all the energy of the desert he can and blasts it on the strange dinosaur with a powerful sirocco.
Fire damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 3) + 13 = 29
Fort DC 23 for half, or become prone. Fatigued if damaged

The Garundi steps back thinking to leave some room but hold at Zilchus distance "Yes, keep it there Commander, I will be nearby, ok?"

Kosei barskin on Zilchus should be +5 natural armor


Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad wrote:
Kosei barskin on Zilchus should be +5 natural armor

Oops, missed this! Thank you, Kosei!

Zilchus grunts at the menace.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Round 2, Init 22

Florence falls back a few steps, hoping to keep some space between herself and the others since there's no way to know just what it might be capable of in combat.

"Off to a good start," she calls out to her friends, "so we just need to keep up the pressure!"

Then she stares very hard at Sensuret, willing divine retribution upon him should he hurt one of them...
______________

Flo will attempt to use her Retribution Hex; DC 23 Will save if applicable~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi rounds out her blessings on the group and prepares to pepper arrows on the great beast. Zilchus connects twice, and though he does less than he’d like (DR 5/-) he does some serious damage. Stelle also slams into the beast with her blow (slight DR also applies), but it’s the Sunder that destroys the cartouche that had been making it immune to magics such as those cast by… Kosei who tries to bake the poor creature in his own sirocco. Florence follows up with a Retribution!

Fort: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 vs DC 23 for half of 29 or fall prone. Immune to Fatigue.
Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 vs DC 23 to avoid Retribution

(That was close!)

Sensuret considers the heat he now suffers under, which is painful to him now that the cartouche is destroyed. Not wanting to be exhausted, he performs an Awesome Blow maneuver, swatting Zilchus back with his snout, and follows with a bit of movement to freedom from the heat and to threaten Florence! (Kosei gets an AoO - why they never give creatures acrobatics for the fun of it I’ll never know).

Awesome Blow: 1d20 + 34 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 34 + 1 = 53 vs DC 37 damage: 3d8 + 14 ⇒ (8, 4, 4) + 14 = 30

Zilchus is knocked back 10’ to the wall and falls prone before the dinosaur. The great beast then heals slightly…

- Round 2 -
Nidhi - 14-
Zilchus - 11 (-30hp)
Stelle - 10
Kosei - 6 (AoO)
- Round 3 -
Florence - 22
Sensuret - 14+ (-149hp)

Next up, everyone!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 2

Knocked and blown back and knocked down, Zilchus finds himself face first in the sands, spitting dry crumbles that he usually associates with Nidhi’s cooking. He takes a moment to stand (no AoO because of cover from Kosei) and shakes his head, trying to regain his senses.

Good thing I didn’t drop my blade. He looks at the sword and begs it into fire.

He lunges at the big knockbeast. ”Flo! Be careful! This thing hits like truths in my poetry slams!”

1d20 + 20 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 2 + 6 = 39 to hit; (+hero)
1d10 + 23 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 23 + (5, 6) + (6) = 41 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy,+fire)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+20+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

[ dice]1d20+12+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

HP: 114-30/114
AC: 34/30 + 3 (barkskin) = 37/33 (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 1/14 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 1/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 0/10 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/14 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 2/4 used (7d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle pivots in the sand just in time to see the enormous creature slam Zilchus into the canyon wall.

"H-HEY, YOU BIG LOUT! What are you doing to our -- Zilchus?! His name might mean 'nothing', but he's ours !"

Stelle has just challenged Sensuret. Everyone +4 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls on Sensuret. (Demanding Challenge, Swift)

Stelle charges again.
Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 14 + 3 + 5 - 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 3 + 5 - 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 5 + 4 = 53 -PA, +Hero, +Flank +Nidhi, +Challenge
for Damage: 3d6 + 9 + 15 + 24 + 6d6 + 15 + 42 ⇒ (3, 5, 6) + 9 + 15 + 24 + (1, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1) + 15 + 42 = 138 +PA, Holy, +Nidhi, +Challenge

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 against charm and compulsion spells and effects (Everyone within 60 feet)
+4 Circumstance on melee attacks against Sensuret

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 84/84 (120 DR Adamantine)
Annie: Hits: 76/76 (4.5 x HD +Con)
Stelle AC: 31
Anubis AC: 30
Buffs:

Saves:
Fort: +12 (Base, +1 Con, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck)
Reflex: +14 (Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck, +2 Belt of Dex)
Will: +7/+12 vs. Fear (Base, +1 Blood of Pharaohs, +1 Luck, +1 Cloak, +2 Fearless, +3 Banner)

Challenge: 5/5

AC: 31 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +3, Dodge, +Belt Dex +2) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +14/+9/+4 (+3 Lance (Holy), +5 Str, -4 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)
MIGHTY CHARGE -- Combat Maneuver
GREATER BANNER

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+12 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+3 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+2 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +2damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei is only holding his heavy shield and is unable to stop the monster.

If Stelle and Zilchus don't finish the beast this turn, Kosei draws his lesser dazing rod and uses it to cast a dazing cure moderate wounds on Sensuret. The armband of the golden serpent springs allowing him to safely reach his target.
Touch spell attack+IC+GH (touch): 1d20 + 13 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 3 + 2 = 28
Positive energy damage+IC+GH: 2d8 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8, 3) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 26
Will DC 20 for half and to avoid daze 3 rounds


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Round 3, Init 22

Face-to-face with the giant dinosaur despite her efforts, Florence clenches her fist and activates the ring on her right hand. Her form begins to rapidly blink and flicker in and out of reality as she takes a step back.

"Don't worry about me, worry about yourself!"
______________

Flo activates her Ring of Blinking and then takes a 5 ft. step back~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi takes a 5' step back and shoots it. Zilchus gets up and lunges toward the beast, stabbing it. Stelle barrels up and slams into it. Kosei reaches out and touches it. Florence doesn’t do anything to it, which is just fine with Sensuret.

Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 vs DC 20 for half of 26 and avoid 3r daze

Sensuret leans under the assault brought forth by the party… and topples - sand churned and rising from his fall. He lies still a moment before decomposing rapidly - the magics that held him together have faded and so does what was left of his desiccated flesh. In the end, a slightly browner pile of sand remains, swirling slightly with the other sand in the winds that howl down here deep in the trench.

Perception DC 25:
Glancing upward, toward the sun, high above you on the edge of the trench, sits Tef-Naju, the giant creature who claims to guard the Slave Trenches. He waves as he sees you notice him. He seems to be munching something, maybe grapes.
- - -

Nidhi - 14-
Zilchus - 11 (-30hp)
Stelle - 10
Kosei - 6
- Round 3 -
Florence - 22
Sensuret - 14+ (dead)

We are out of initiative!

The spells cast by Kosei block the entry, but a short time, or dispelling, will resolve that. You will eventually see a small tunnel leading into he darkness. The tunnel has 10' ceilings though it's only 5' wide and there are no light sources save what you bring with you.


Zilchus readies to strike again should the beast come back to life or resurrect or any of the things that were suggested it could do...worried that the idol placement was somehow malfunctioning. He pauses, then slowly relaxes as it seems clear it's not coming back.

"Well, that was painful," Zilchus rubs his backside where he slammed into the wall. "Damn, Stelle, remind me to never give you a running start at me."

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 24 + 2 = 27 Perception

Zilchus looks up and offers a wave to Tef-Naju, and then he shrugs, turning back to the task at hand and approaching the entrance. After spell effects end, and maybe even some healing.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 24 + 2 = 29 Perception


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"That was dangerous" Kosei approaches Zilchus and uses her planar hand to heal him.
Heal (healer's hands 13/14): 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (17) + 25 = 42 +35 hp

"I think we were fortunate this time. Didn't we my friends? That charge was truly impressive Stelle, friend. There will be new tales written in the stars tonight. It is a pity we cannot keep the cartouche, but that was probably a nuisance for us otherwise" with a firm gesture of his right hand Kosei dismisses the sirocco while with the other he commands the sands to move away and free the entrance.

"So, let's see what this Sensuret was trying to hide" Kosei casts light on his shield before advancing with Zilchus. He does stop to look if the others are following, and particularly eyes at Florence, blinking back and forth "Are you ok Florence my friend?"
Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle has Anubis curtsy as she wipes the sand and Sensuret grit off of her lance. "He did anger me."

She looks up at Tef-Naju and waves back. "I guess that he does not prefer popcorn..."

"Well, shall we?" Stelle approaches the entrance. +4 to Zilchus' Perception


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Perception (DC 25): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"That went well, didn't it?" Florence remarks brightly as she too waves up at Tef-Naju. "Good job, everyone! I believe that takes care of both guardians now, right? Now we just have to deal with whatever else might be lurking down in the Guardian Vault."

With the danger passed, at least for now, Florence clenches her fist a second time and her form ceases blinking. "I'm okay Kosei, but thank you for checking," she smiles. "That ring is nice to have when something gets closer than I expected but I actually don't like using it otherwise - the blinking shifts me back and forth between the Material and Ethereal Planes, which has a chance to ruin any spellwork I try to manage."

"Anyway, I'm ready when you are, Zilchus," Florence adds, nodding to show that she's ready to proceed into the vault.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

A short hall leads out of the desert heat and into the cooler interior and a larger chamber. A life-sized statue of an Osiriani noble, the corners of his mouth bent into a disapproving frown, stands in this room. The statue holds aloft a long staff topped with an ankh. Just beyond the statue to the south a small archway in the wall is filled with billowing ocher mist.

A cartouche at the foot of the statue reads, in Ancient Osiriani, ”The Pharaoh’s rule is absolute. In his presence, his subjects may not so much as breathe without his consent.”

Knowledge History* DC 30:
You can identify him by his staff of office. This is Hakotep’s High Imperative, an unpopular public administrator charged with announcing the Sky Pharaoh’s many decrees.
- - -


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Kn. History (DC 30): 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33

Florence curiously peers over the shoulders of Zilchus and anyone else standing in front of her, squinting to read the writing on the cartouche at the foot of the statue.

"The Pharaoh’s rule is absolute. In his presence, his subjects may not so much as breathe without his consent," she reads aloud. "That...sounds ominous, especially with that mist floating around up there. The statue's supposed to be Hakotep's High Imperative - a public administrator who would announce the Sky Pharaoh's decrees."

Taking care to remain at a safe distance, Florence scans the area ahead for magical auras.

"He was rather unpopular, as you might imagine."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence peers around the corner, hiding partly behind Kosei and detects magic. She gets an aura on the ankh portion of the long staff the statue bears, but can't quite pin it down (abjuration - you can't ID it because you can't apparently see the actual magic, it's fuzzy, like it's being suppressed in some way or hidden).

The mist too, naturally, is magical. A few moment’s study and Florence is able to determine what it is.

Florence or Spellcraft DC 30 & Detect Magic:
The vapors are thick and though they block sight like a Fog Cloud (obscures all sight beyond 5’, 20% concealment w/in 5’), hinder movement like Solid Fog (move at half speed and take a –2 on melee attack and damage), and burns like Acid Fog (2d6 damage per round).

However, this fog does not seem to effect the stone walls at all, so apparently the acid does not damage rock or clay.
- - -


2 people marked this as a favorite.

”Thanks for the healing, Kosei,” Zilchus grins, ”There are times when I forget Ben existed, your presence is a balm upon my hurt soul.”

Florence Corvina wrote:
"He was rather unpopular, as you might imagine."

Zilchus scoffs and nods, knowing how hard it can be to enact the edicts of another. He is not one to criticize others for doing the will of kings or pharaohs, after all, he believes the Ruby Prince is neigh infallible and would enact orders as if they were his will.

He moves slightly forward to balk at the mists, waiting for others.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 24 + 2 = 38 Perception - traps or way past mist?


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Oof...well, the mist is magical, no surprise there," Florence reports after scanning about. "It's like an amalgam of different fog spells - it blocks sight like a Fog Cloud, hinders movement like Solid Fog and burns like an Acid Fog."

She frowns and points towards the ankh part of the statue's staff. "That's magical too but I can't figure out what the nature of it is beyond some sort of abjuration aura. It's like something else is trying to suppress the effect or hide it, so I can't get a good reading on it."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus finds no ways past the mist, nor any traps (other than perhaps the mist, depending on how you look at it).

He does spot a catch on the ankh though. Apparently the top lifts off to reveal something underneath. You'll have to get closer, I think, to find out however. Close enough to be within reach of the statue...

7,401 to 7,450 of 7,642 << first < prev | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.