GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


7,251 to 7,300 of 7,632 << first < prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | next > last >>

HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Huh? Oh...you're welcome," Florence replies as she lifts her gaze from the floor to which it had migrated. "I'm just happy that I'm able to help and be useful. My magics aren't as...um, dangerous as Kosei's are or B-Ben's were, but at least they come in handy in other ways."

"And you're right, I'm sure Bynx will be fine...he's not stupid, he'll hide or run away if something dangerous comes his way," she agrees, trying to reassure herself.


WHAT IS THE HOLD UP BACK THERE!? Zilchus grouses to himself as he tromps forward a bit more into the hallways of sands, traps, and doom. He seems slightly happier when Florence follows.

He moves up and looks around the corner.

1d20 + 24 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 24 + 4 = 41 Perception (hallway, door, danger, loot)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus moves up, slightly, as he continues to carefully scan for further traps. However, none are found in this stretch, the doors sit solidly in their frames, no danger seems to be looming, and unless the sand suddenly compresses into diamonds, no loot.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei advances himself past Zilchus and looks around the corner.
Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39

"Let's see what hides door number two my friends" and he pushes open the door if no immediate danger or trap is found.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Two alcove-rooms flank the central hall here and some more doors are revealed. Each room has stone shelving running along the walls, on which are stored numerous clay jars.

I'll open the door in a bit in case others want to move up/engage.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"Cheer up Florence," Stelle says jovially. "Bynx will bounce back in no time from his glumness. This is a good opportunity for him! He's in his own element, after all, and -- like you say -- he is smart!"

She moves down the hall to find out what the boys are doing.

Percept + 4

"Why is Kosei at the second door, Zilch?"


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

As Anubis tiptoes down the hallway, Stelle concentrates on her Scarab Amulet looking for mummies.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 8

Stelle finds there are no mummies within the 60’ area as Kosei opens the door.

Through the northern door is a chamber with several differently sized rectangular marble slabs sitting scattered throughout the room. The tops of many of them are smeared and caked with what appears to be dried clay. A circular white dais in the room’s center softly hums with a strumming sound like that of a plucked bowstring. A small stack of parchments, a hawk-feathered quill, and a bottle of ink rest upon the southern edge of this two-foot-tall disk. One of the platforms has a very human looking stature - except for the head which has been replaced by that of an hippopotamus.

Knowledge Arcana DC 30:
This is clearly a workshop to craft the bodies of constructs like hanshepsus, clay golems, and the like from clay or stone.
- - -

Further, the sculpting dais radiates magic when detected for.

Knowledge Arcana or Spellcraft/Detect Magic DC 31:
The sculpting dais will cast Flesh to Stone, on any creature that ends its turn on the dais. It is immovable.
- - -

A hallway continues to the south around a corner. When your light is cast upon the hippo’s head however, it looks up at you and begins to move!

Knowledge Arcana DC 20:
You face an Henshepsu, N Medium construct. One question for each five you beat the DC please.
- - -

- Round 1 -
Florence - 24+
Zilchus - 24-
Stelle - 11
Hanshepsu, hippo - 8
Kosei - 6+
Nidhi - 6-

Initiative Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Kosei 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Stelle 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Zilchus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Hanshepsu 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

All of you who wish to may make the spoilered checks above as free actions prior to your turn.

Next up - Florence, Zilchus, and Stelle in round one!


Round 1

Zilchus airwalk up, double moving.

"What did you find, Kosei?" Zilchus says when he finally sees the weird hippo. "Ah! A river creature! Is it probably very powerful, we should be careful! All things that resist the raging river are to be feared."


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Kosei pushes open the door with his paws and observes the strange place, scanning it with detect magic "There is a hippo statue of sorts my friend Commander of the guardians of the Osirion"


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Slight Before

Kn. Arcana (DC 30): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41

Detect Magic + Spellcraft (DC 30): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33

"Oh, it's a workshop for building constructs," Florence remarks as she peers into the room, seeming to have brightened up a little bit after Nidhi and Stelle's reassuring words. "Wow! It's a really nice setup, all things considered."

As she takes a moment to scan the area for magic auras, a worried expression crosses her face and she instinctively throws out an arm to block anyone from venturing too far in. "Don't climb up on the dais. It's for sculpting the constructs but it's enchanted with magic, too. You'll end up a statue if you stand on it for very long!"
______________

Present

Florence's Round 1, Init 24+

Kn. Arcana (DC 20): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (5) + 22 = 27

"A henshepsu," Florence warns when the hippo-headed statue suddenly begins to move. "It's a construct, which isn't surprising in a construct workshop! Watch out for its _______ !"

Special Attacks, please.

"I wonder if..."

Florence suddenly stares very hard at the henshepsu, but it's not the glare that she's sometimes given other foes in combat. This time it seems more as though she's attempting to will something to happen...

Retribution (Su; Major Hex):

A witch can place a retribution hex on a creature within 60 feet, causing terrible wounds to open across the target's flesh whenever it deals damage to another creature in melee. Immediately after the hexed creature deals damage in melee, it takes half that damage (round down). This damage bypasses any resistances, immunities, or damage reduction the creature possesses. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to the witch's Intelligence modifier. A Will save negates this effect.
______________

As best as I can tell from looking about, this is not a mind-affecting effect like many of the other Witch hexes are. The Will save for this is DC 23. Hopefully usage of this hex won't be an issue. Since our foes are often immune to mind-affecting effects there won't be any Evil Eye (to reduce saves) + Retribution shenanigans happening. That said, if it still seems like too much I'll go back and pick a different hex.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence:
It can change the shape of its head, as a move action, into another animal. Each animal head has a different ability. For example, hippopotamus gives the hanshepsu DR 15/- and it gains a +4 bonus against combat maneuvers and effects that attempt to move it.

For no particular reason, you also know that vulture headed hanshepsu cause bubonic plague when they hit with their attacks (save DC 17 Fort).

Yeah, I thought about Retribution when I saw you take it. I think it should be OK, but we'll play it by ear. You're supposed to be powerful at this level. :)

That said, I don't think you've done it yet. You had to move to the door you're next to, and open it (only the Northern door was opened by Kosei). So you can see everything and tell the others what you see, but no Retribution hex just yet...

Let me know if you disagree or I missed something.
- - -

I should add... because of all the platforms and debris in the room, consider the terrain difficult unless you're flying/air walking above it all (ceiling 15' in the room, 10' in the halls).

Also, mr. Hippo-head is wielding a large mace.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"What are you doing, Florence?" Stelle asks, waiting for Flo to finish staring.

If allowed, Stelle will gingerly reach over and shut the door.

"I'd charge in, but that terrain looks tricky. Maybe we could come back?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence identifies the constructs for what they are, but is unable to hex it quite yet as she needs to open the door first. Zilchus double moves into position. Stelle moves up and quietly closes the Northern door.

You hear, through the door, some heavy movement and a banging against the door, but it does not yield, nor, yet, does it open. Florence sees the hanshepsu head toward where Kosei was standing. Even though Florence is clearly visible to the construct, it does not attack or make any sort of move against her.

- Round 1 -
Kosei - 6+
Nidhi - 6-
- Round 2 -
Florence - 24+
Zilchus - 24-
Stelle - 11
Hanshepsu, hippo - 8

Next up - Kosei and Nidhi to round out round one, then Florence, Zilchus and Stelle in round two.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Misunderstanding on my part; I thought the southern door had been opened too! Will give Kosei & Nidhi a little more time to post before posting my own actions :)

"It can change its...head, somehow, don't ask me! Different abilities for different heads," Florence warns as she manages to get the southern door and peers through. "Right now it's especially resistant to all weapons!"


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei steps back and casts barkskin +5 on Zilchus.

"Is there a way we can inspect the room without having to fight that construct smart Florence?" the Kosei-lion growls to the door "Can we disable that thing temporarily?"


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Florence's Round 2 - Init 24+

"Ah...I doubt it, it really wants through that door you're standing behind," Florence calls out, watching through the southern door with some puzzlement. "But there's no way it can't see me standing here...why's it not coming for me?"

Unsure of whether it was entry through the 'main' entrance that triggered the construct or something else, Florence holds her position and waits to see what the rest of the group want to do. Still, there's a little niggling itch in the back of her mind as though some new power is waiting for the perfect opportunity to emerge...
______________

Flo will delay for the moment when it gets to her turn, but if the construct decides to come for her or the others decide to engage it by opening the northern door she'll attempt to hit it with her Retribution hex (and move accordingly to gain LoS); DC 23 Will~


Round 2

Zilchus delays for Kosei, wondering what will happen and unsure about attacking such a powerful emblem of the raging river.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14
Florence Corvina wrote:


"Ah...I doubt it, it really wants through that door you're standing behind," Florence calls out, watching through the southern door with some puzzlement. "But there's no way it can't see me standing here...why's it not coming for me?"

"Maybe it's like the others we encountered, and it will only attack the males. Maybe Florence, Nidhi and I can 'sneak' up on it from the southern door and put it out of its misery?"

"It would be better though, if I were flying. Can you help with that please, Kosei?"


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Good point," Florence remarks, glancing over at Stelle while still keeping one eye on the statue. "Let's try it; I don't have to get right up close to make most of my magics work anyway!"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1:

Nidhi situates herself between Florence and Stelle, Zilchus, and Kosei. Then, she opens her mouth and begins to sing, inspiring the party.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

" Sorry Stelle my friend, I did not prepare that spell today." Kosei lowers his head "I am ashame of my lack of preparation, but I can prepare whatever you need by communing with the desert and the stars for 15 minutes "

Kosei holds his position and readies to attack if the construct breaks through the door somehow.


Round 2, Init 24-

Zilchus doesn't want to block others from the creature, instead readying an attack (with lunge) for when the creature moves closer.

1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 20 + 2 = 36 to hit; (+hero)
1d10 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+20+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

[ dice]1d20+20+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

HP: 114-14 (2 con damage)/114
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 1/14 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/10 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/14 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (7d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Round 2, Init 11

Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad wrote:

" Sorry Stelle my friend, I did not prepare that spell today." Kosei lowers his head "I am ashame of my lack of preparation, but I can prepare whatever you need by communing with the desert and the stars for 15 minutes "

Kosei holds his position and readies to attack if the construct breaks through the door somehow.

"Oh, that won't be necessary. I'll see if I can somehow distract it from this door from the other side, and open it for you."

Stelle (and Anubis) gallop to the southern door where Nidhi, Zilchus and Florence wait, then carefully picks her way toward the construct.

Stay there, you hipposchippo..

Double move


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei steps back and casts bearskin on Zilchus. Nidhi summons the power of song to boost the party. Zilchus moves and readies an attack with lunge as needed. However, the creature doesn’t move within reach. Stelle moves into position in the room. The creature looks up at Stelle, lingers a moment, and turns back to the door, ignoring her and Anubis. Florence delays until Stelle goes by. She follows and hexes the poor golem.

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 vs DC 23

The hanshepsu opens the northern door (move), 5’ steps to Kosei, and attacks once with his mace.
Mace on Kosei: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

As he attacks, it seems clear that the mace is attached to his hand (cannot be disarmed) from the way he fights with it. He's clearly shocked too, as cracks erupt in his stony body because he takes damage... a little damage... from his own blow. He looks to Florence but says nothing.

- Round 2 -
Kosei - 6+ (-17hp)
Nidhi - 6-
- Round 3 -
Zilchus - 24
Stelle - 11
Florence - 10
Hanshepsu, hippo - 8 (-8hp, retribution 1/6r)

Next up - Everyone.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Florence's Round 2, Init 10

Wait...it just looked at me? Like it knows...no wait, that can't be right, can it? It's just a construct!

She carefully attempts to pick her way into the room behind Stelle, calling out, "There's something strange about this construct! Be careful, Stelle!"

Spells & Powers:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2 + Pearl of Power
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Fairy Ring Retreat

Lesser Extend Rod: 1/3 Remaining
Fortune Hex: Stelle


______________

Flo moves to her current map position and activates Fortune on Stelle~


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"Uo oh! I have him here friends!!!" Kosei-lion steps back scared and casts expeditious excavation at the feet of the construct.
As a construct I guess immune to magic, so NO SR spell, Ref 18


Round 3, Init 19

”I am coming, Mighty Kosei,” Zilchus moves again back along the hallway to strike at the hippo.

1d20 + 20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 20 + 2 + 3 = 34 to hit; (+hero,+bard)
1d10 + 23 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 23 + 3 = 29 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+20+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

[ dice]1d20+20+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

HP: 114-14 (2 con damage)/114
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 1/14 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/10 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/14 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (7d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

With deceptive agility considering it's a clay creature, the Hanshepsu...

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 vs DC 18

...falls into the pit! I can't believe he failed that, sigh.

Poor golem-in-a-pit. Everybody gets a +1 higher ground bonus against him as well as he's prone.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Well, that certainly works," Florence remarks as the statue suddenly falls into the magic pit. "I wish I could learn how to summon pits!"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2:

Nidhi continues to inspire her companions and takes a 5 ft "step." She aims and fires at the golem.

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Damage (Blunt Arrows): 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15
To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
Damage (Blunt Arrow): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
To hit (Iterative): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Damage (Blunt Arrow): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Nidhi Spell Tally:

34 Bardic Performances: 20/34
7 1st-level: Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds
7 2nd-level: Heroism
5 3rd-level: Good Hope, Good Hope
4 4th-level: Cure Critical Wounds, Greater Invisibility, Greater Invisibility
2 5th-level:


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Round 3, Init 11

Stelle hears the sweet voice of Nidhi, and feels encouraged.

Who needs to charge? While picking her way through the debris, she sees the construct fall into the earth.

"Why, how thoughtful of you, Kosei!"

Stelle steps up and stabs into the pit.

Stab: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 3 - 4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 5 + 3 - 4 + 3 + 1 = 42 -PA, +Inspire, Kosei
for Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 + 8 + (2, 6) = 25 +PA, +Inspire, Holy

Confirm Crit?: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 3 - 4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 5 + 3 - 4 + 3 + 1 = 33 -PA, +Inspire, Kosei
for Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 + 8 + (1, 2) = 20 +PA, +Inspire, Holy


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei drops the hanshepsu into a shallow pit as he sprawls at your collective feet. Nidhi fires a volley, but between cover and the golem being prone, she doesn’t manage to land a blow. Zilchus steps up and takes a swing, but the creature is as hard as stone, and thought his blade be adamantine, damage reduction applies, and quite a bit too (DR 15/-). Stelle strikes a critical blow on the creature’s back stabbing deeply within it, though DR applies here too. She will also notice that the holy damage doesn’t apply - it must not be evil. Florence provides a boost to Stelle for the battle, improving her odds.

The golem looks back at Stelle and though his stony eyes reveal nothing he says, ”What have I done my lord, to deserve such treatment by your hand. Am I not protecting the tomb?”

The poor hanshepsu, a bit bruised, staggers to his feet (AoO’s all around for Stelle, Zilchus, & Kosei), but as he does so his features become more agile, and his head morphs into that of a purring cat. With a boundless leap, he jumps up onto the tunnel floor next to the pit.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 vs DC 20 (has special ability to “always count as having a running start when attempting Acrobatics checks to jump”).

He looks menacingly at the great lion and at Zilchus, clearly debating who to attack first.

- Round 2 -
Kosei - 6+ (-17hp)
Nidhi - 6-
- Round 3 -
Zilchus - 24
Stelle - 11
Florence - 10
Hanshepsu, cat - 8 (-41hp, retribution 2/6r)

Next up - Everyone.


Round 3, Init 24

Zilchus takes his AoO, but then only readies another attack.

1d20 + 20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 20 + 2 + 3 = 40 to hit; (+hero,+bard)
1d10 + 23 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 23 + 3 = 36 adamantine slashing damage.

”Hey, we don’t want to hurt you and probably don’t want to raid your tomb, we can talk about this if you want,” Zilchus says, holding back his blade until the creature threatens another or himself.

”Flo? Nidhi? Why don’t talk this majestic cat away from the hissyfit? Huh?”

Readied attack:
1d20 + 20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 20 + 2 + 3 = 30 to hit; (+hero,+bard)
1d10 + 23 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 23 + 3 = 30 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+20+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

[ dice]1d20+20+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

HP: 114-14 (2 con damage)/114
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 1/14 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/10 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/14 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (7d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Unfortunately lions have only 5' reach it seems, so no AoO for Kosei

"Let's talk, but from the pit, ok friend?" observing the construct is so tough he will deal no damage to it, Kosei-lion leaps over the construct trying to push it back so others can attack it.
Bull rush+wild shape+Inspire courage: 1d20 + 10 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 3 + 3 = 31

In the eventual case the Garundi succeeds, he steps forward to remove the possibility of coming back up.

HP 127/143 AC 29 TAC 13
Effects: longstrider, g. magic fang, barksking, inspire courage


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Round 3, Init 11

Stelle lances at the feline headed construct as it leaps out of the pit.

AoO: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 3 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 5 + 3 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 27 +Inspire, -PA, +Hero
for Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 = 20 +Inspire, +Pa

Do all of its potential heads keep it non-evil?

"Talk?! What?! It's clay, just mindlessly doing whatever its creator designed it to do! If we must, let's talk once it's unconscious!"

AoO: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 3 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 5 + 3 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 40 +Inspire, -PA, +Hero, (+Terrain, Prone)?
for Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 = 24 +Inspire, +Pa

AoO: 1d20 + 9 + 5 + 3 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 5 + 3 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 29 +Inspire, -PA, +Hero, (+Terrain, Prone)?
for Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 = 22 +Inspire, +Pa

AoO: 1d20 + 5 + 5 + 3 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 5 + 3 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 27 +Inspire, -PA, +Hero, (+Terrain, Prone)?
for Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 = 21 +Inspire, +Pa


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Fortune, AoO: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 3 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 5 + 3 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 41
for Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 + 3 + 8 = 22


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2:

Nidhi stops singing to focus on her speech, but the effects of her song seem to linger for an additional two rounds.

Nidhi lowers her bow a bit, idea in her mind. She calls out in what she hopes is an authoritative tone and points an outstretched finger at Hanshepsu. "You dare attack my followers, then question your Pharaoh?" Nidhi glides her carpet 10 feet closer towards the enemy and asks accusingly: "Have you forgotten your Pharaoh? Show me proper respect and I may give you the privilege of remaining in my service." Nidhi's emerald green eyes stare unblinkingly at the cat through the mask. "I am not in a patient mood today."

Bluff: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei bull rushes the poor bloke back into the pit! Nidhi commands the golem - and it obeys! Zilchus takes an AoO prior to Nidhi’s command, and readies another just in case which does not seem to be needed. Stelle takes a tough approach and stabs repeatedly at the golem-in-a-pit hitting an additional time (in addition to the AoO). Stelle, you may stay your hand if you wish on the second hit - just let me know. Florence may still act…

The hanshepsu salutes the Forgotten Pharaoh and stands easily at attention. ”Apologies your grace, but your followers were not wearing the appropriate gear to indicate as such.” he gestures to Kosei and Zilchus. ”I stand ready for your punishment my lord.”

He stands still, and awaits his fate with stony silence - utterly still.

- Round 3 -
Kosei - 6+ (-17hp)
Nidhi - 6-
- Round 4 -
Zilchus - 24
Stelle - 11
Florence - 10
Hanshepsu, cat - 8 (-53hp, retribution 3/6r)

Next up - Everyone and Florence twice - though we are out of initiative if you chose to discontinue the attack. The hanshepsu does not attack any further.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
”Apologies your grace, but your followers were not wearing the appropriate gear to indicate as such.” he gestures to Kosei and Zilchus. ”I stand ready for your punishment my lord.”

Nidhi lifts her chin to give Hanshepsu a disdainful gaze. "Yes, unfortunately a bit digression is required. My soul is not yet whole." She doesn't elaborate, assuming the forgotten pharaoh's follower will understand the lengths the pharaoh went to achieve immortality.

The bard continues to float on her carpet, looking Hanshepsu over and contemplating what to do next. To Nidhi's benefit, Hanshepsu might take it as the pharaoh deciding the follower's fate. Nidhi lifts up her arm, various gold and lapis lazuli bracelets clinking together, and snaps her fingers. "Ahh, yes."

Bluff: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29

What can Nidhi ask the guardian to do? Protect the party (Nidhi) while in the slave trenches?


Zilchus takes total defense and does not attack. He does not stand down either.

"Hey Nidhi, why don't you ask your new cat friend to go back guarding that room? Or answering a few questions that we forgot the answers to?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The hanshepsu stands there in the pit, waiting for a command.

Knowledge Arcana or History DC 20*:
Strangely intelligent constructs, the earliest hanshepsus were created during Osirion’s First Age. Hanshepsus were originally built to serve as elite soldiers that never tired, didn’t need to be fed, and were impervious to common attacks.

Using secrets stolen from Jistkan golem crafters, Osirion’s own artificers designed hanshepsus to equalize the battlef ield in their clashes against the Jistka Imperium as the two nations carved up northern Garund. Throughout the conflict, hanshepsus fought in dozens of battles, each time turning the tide in favor of Osirion’s forces as they marched ahead of regular, human soldiers through the hot sands of what is now Thuvia.

You imagine, based on their history and construction, that you could give them simple commands as you would a soldier, and it would do it's best to perform them. However, they are golems, and so aside from their training, they won't remember anything. They can't learn, just obey.
- - -


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"Tell me, what inventory are you protecting?"

"Go stand in the pit and await further instruction from me," Nidhi points to the hole in the hallway.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"Ah! This is good... mmm... Pharaoh my friend!" Kosei-lion winks an eye to Nidhi "Perhaps you should thank your follower for guarding this place for so many years and explain it we are to recover the stuff you needed to store here for this kind of urgent situations"

"Aaand, that we have to light some elementals to land your pyramid, of course my friend!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The soldier looks at Nidhi confused a moment, and then follows her command and stands to attention in the pit. His head changes from the cat head, to a sort of solar disk. It remains motionless.

As someone is sure to poke their head around the corner down the hall to the south, you'll see a collection of eight six-foot-tall clay statues of men and women with different animal heads standing along the walls of an octagonal chamber. The statues, from a distance, look like Ancient Osiriani deities.

Knowledge Arcana DC 22:
These statues have no real religious significance you’re aware of. Further, they were intended at one point to be transformed into some sort of construct, but the final step of animating the statues hasn’t yet occurred. You'd need a bunch of skills, spells, and a willing human sacrifice.
- - -


”Nidhi, wanna ask what’s going on down in that room? Not sure that I remember? I’m none too bright,” Zilchus asks as well.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Sorry, spent most of yesterday catching up on sleep!

Oh right...I keep forgetting that we're all wearing these ridiculous masks except for Kosei and Zilchus...

Kn. Arcana (DC 22): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41

"That? I'm almost positive that they were meant to be animated into constructs much like our new, uh, friend, here," Florence remarks as she peers around the corner and into the octagonal room. "But they were never finished. It takes a lot of work to make constructs, you know - all manner of skills and magics. And for these in particular, um...willing human sacrifices."


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Actually, if the Golem is more or less tame after round 2, nothing Stelle did in round 3 happens.

Stelle stays ready to further "encourage" the construct into abiding by Nidhi's will if necessary.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"We should examine the contents of this room. I want to make sure my guards are doing their job." Nidhi doesn't make a move to enter first, but she'll follow after someone and offer her expertise. See map.

Perception (Room): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi examines the room with the statues, and the construction room with the empty platforms and finds nothing further of interest.

You have three sets of double doors to open and two alcoves to search (you've only glanced, and that from a distance).

(Kosei, how long does your pit last? Or is it permanent?)

7,251 to 7,300 of 7,632 << first < prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.