GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


7,201 to 7,250 of 7,642 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei summons his power, and the whirling sand points directly to the sandfall, that waterfall of sand you've already partially investigated (link).

Presuming you return there, you again find yourself in a deep trench with the roaring sound of sand ringing in your ears making it hard to hear. How do you proceed?


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Hmm...I could maybe short-range teleport us over there but it'd be a lot easier if I had already seen what the other side looks like," Florence remarks with a frown as the group returns to the sandfall. "Um, and I guess flying over is an option too but it's probably riskier - and going to hurt a bit."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Whatever you think is easier, Flo. All I know is that I'm not going first!" The bard laughs.


Zilchus nods at Flo, offering her his hand, and waits to be whisked to the other side.

”If it will save us time and, more importantly, a lot of walking, then let’s go. By all means.”

Zilchus prepares for trouble and readies his blade. He will look for danger when they arrive.

1d20 + 33 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 33 + 2 = 48 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei is able to describe the space behind the sandfall well enough to Florence for the spell to work. It's a broad long hall on the other side, a nice large area to target. And if you miss, you'll merely be shunted into it, with a slight bit of damage.

Florence, please make a Spellcraft check for accuracy if you take this route. Do you have a second spell to leave?

Flying will be hard against the weight of the sand, and likely result in more damage than if you'd just walked as you fall to the ground under the increased load. The sandfall is pretty fierce.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Florence continues to think the matter over, especially once Kosei describes what he saw of the structure on the other side.

"Okay! I think that's enough for me to work with. But...I wasn't expecting to do this so I didn't prepare a second casting for today. We'll be stuck on the other side until we can either rest and I prepare another casting or until we find an alternative route out," she warns.

Spellcraft (If the Group Wants to Teleport Now): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi enjoys the silky end of her braid while watching Florence. She's familiar with magic, but unable to perform such a feat as Florence's teleportation spell. "I'm sure it'll be fine. You've opened a dimensional door before. You shouldn't be so modest." The bard drops her hair to lounge back on the flying carpet like they're sharing some girl's night pillow talk.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"Ah teleportation! That is a great magic that would fit the tales and legends about our trips and adventures. Yes let's try this one Florence my friend!" and the Garundi just approaches her for the transportation.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 8

Florences innate sense of magic places you in the hall, though she knows she can do better… the party lists a little to one side on arrival. Still, no harm done, and you are inside without injury!

As you appear in the 10’ tall tunnel, a deep rumbling shakes the ground at your feet. The whole area shudders as an enormous, nearly 15’ tall, moving pile of boulders and sand births partly from the ground and ‘stands’ steadily before you. ”Thank you for respecting the sand.” it rumbles as you grasp various weapons and spell component pouches readying for a possible battle.

However, and without another word or look either for you cannot savvy where its eyes must be, the chamber shakes again as the giant sinks, reforming the earth and stone over its head as if it had never been.

The hall is again quiet and dark, save your various light sources.

To the north, the path splits. To the west is a large alcove with a substantial hieroglyphic symbol of a winged scarab carved into the floor. It glows slightly, and pulses, as if seeking something. Leaning askew in the alcove is a 12-13’ tall ladder, horribly damaged by the ravages of time and useless. To the east the hall continues deep into the earth. As with the Lantern Vault, the tunnels here are ever descending. The slope is slight but noticeable.

Knowledge Arcana or Spellcraft with Detect Magic, DC 27:
The hieroglyph is definitely magical, and tied to something else nearby via transmutation and divination magics. It seems to be looking for intelligence, but what happens when it finds it is anybody’s guess.
- - -

Map updated.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14
GMEuan wrote:
However, and without another word or look either for you cannot savvy where its eyes must be, the chamber shakes again as the giant sinks, reforming the earth and stone over its head as if it had never been.

Without moving her head, Stelle's eyes dart from side to side in alarm and surprise. With out thinking she bellows:

"Of course! You are welcome!"

As the party moves along the hall Stelle whispers, "Anubis, try not to disturb the sand too much as you walk..."

She inspects the scarab.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 14

Anubis whines, after bristling at the rocky giant.

Does she think I can walk on air?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Yeah," Zilchus is quick to agree, but it's clear he's not certain what he is agreeing to. "We totally love sand. It's weak and wish-washy and is easily pushed around by the raging river."

Zilchus waits to see if anyone has anything interesting to say about that experience or new dangers and waits with his falchion at the ready.

Is there a knowledge check to ID the speaking boulders?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Uh....YES, YOU'RE WELCOME!" Florence calls out as well, a little nonplussed by the strange talking boulders.

"Even though I'm not really sure how we respected the sand..."

After waiting another moment or two for anything nearby to come at them - and it not happening - Florence edges up to the intersection and peers around the corner for a better look at the hieroglyph.

Detect Magic + Kn. Arcana (DC 27): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22

"Yep, it's magical all right."

Florence pauses and clears her throat.

"Um, that's really all I can tell."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle investigates the scarab, and other than a lessening of sand on that particular stone block, she doesn't learn anything new. The ladder is quite frail, and will likely collapse if you touch it. The ladder doesn't seem to interact with the scarab in any way.

Zilchus, I think a Knowledge Planes check. Anyone can roll naturally.

Florence studies the glyph, bringing all her magical experience to bear on the problem. After a long moment she looks at the party, completely blank, having learned nothing new.

Stelle and Florence look to the east where the tunnel continues, slowly descending, for quite a ways. Due to light sources, and the descent, you cannot see the end of the tunnel, though I've shown it on the map for convenience. It turns south at the end of the long deep hall.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei advances as well to look at the symbol "Look my friends! The hieroglyph is seeking something. The guard said something about the ankh being some kind of magical guidance, isn't it? Perhaps that is the kind of thing this sign is seeking? Why don't we try to place it there or make them interact?"

After verbalizing his ideas the Garundi then shifts into a large dire lion once more.
K. planes: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31


Well, I agree that Zilchus *can* roll a Know (Planes), but his knowledge of that is pretty much limited to 'Water wet, Fire burn.' and so probably not super helpful here.

Zilchus pauses. After the incidents with the crazy around the ankh, he delays until the danger is confirmed or passed.

After a few moment, Zilchus (5' up) airwalks down the corridor, looking for trouble or loot or booze.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 23 + 2 = 32 Perception


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge (Planes) AID: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

"I'm not really sure what to make it this." Nidhi continues to levitate slightly above the ground on her carpet.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei learns nothing new before turning into a giant lion. Zilchus moves a little down the corridor but nothing jumps out at him. Perhaps because he's not touching the ground, we shall see. Nidhi tries to aid Kosei, but it's not sufficient.

To move things along as little, I'll move you to the next corner. Low and behold! You see another long tunnel leading south this time. At the far end there's some sort of pit, but it's impossible to see clearly from here.

(You'll see some dotted lines on the map, just ignore them. The tunnel curves in on itself at a lower level later... Also, Kosei, sorry about the lion head. Couldn't find a decent lion. Though I do like the eyes.)


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"What a long hallway." Nidhi begins to study the walls, looking for hidden doors. However, she does not wander too from from the party.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36


"Yes, it is long," Zilchus agrees with Nidhi's observation. "Let me go first. I bleed for you."

Zilchus continues to airwalk down the hallway, keeping his falchion ready and eyes open.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 23 + 2 = 27 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi and Zilchus move a little ways down the next hall, but find nothing of interest prior to the looming pit ahead.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei follows in after Nidhi and Zilchus "This architect worked hard, these constructions are massive and full of traps..."

Without further ado the lion makes a run down the corridor and jumps past the pit. He leaps 10' before reaching the edge, just in case there is an illusory pit in front of the apparent one.
Acrobatics-shape (jump): 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 16 - 2 = 34

In case he survives the feat, he turns around and sniffs trying to look for incoming traces of enemies.
Survival (tracking): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Perception (scent): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As you approach the pit carefully checking for traps with a lion’s leap into the air, you discover what the ladder was for.

The pit seems simple enough. It’s 10’ across, and 50’ deep with spikes at its base. The ceiling here climbs to 20’ - possibly to allow for the structure to dig the pit way back in the day. Interestingly, there are metal fittings on both sides of the pit - the far side and near side. It takes a moment, but it occurs to you, that the ladder would fit in the metal clamps and be held in place to climb across perhaps.

However, as Kosei the friendly lion leaps the pit, he realizes that gravity is working against him, not for him. There is a reverse gravity effect over the pit, causing the lion to be thrown upward to the ceiling, taking falling damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7. Kosei is currently on the ceiling… 70’ above a pit of spikes and 20' above ground level.

Single round actions only please, but full round actions are fine - we’re not in a surprise round. But we are in rounds, so just one round for now.

Oh, and Kosei doesn't smell anyone other than the party, nor does he observe any tracks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/14

As Stelle walks with Zilchus, a lion goes bounding past them and over, then above the pit.

She carefully approaches the pit, lance point in front of Annie dragging on the floor to make sure it stays solid. Getting as close as she can she looks up at Kosei lion.

"Can you get down from there on your own, or do we need to set up the ladder, plank and net?" she asks, retrieving her Dungeoneering Kit Deluxe just in case.

"He's pretty big, maybe the plank will suffice," she says, turning to the others.

Nice avatar for the lion in this situation. Really makes it look like he face planted on the ceiling.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus watches as Kosei passes him and goes flying into the air. He laughs, thinking that it should have been him who has treated so rudely by gravity.

"Flllooorrrr-eeeennncccee!" Zilchus calls in a singsong voice. "I think there is something for you to see here."

With his falchion at the ready he waits for Kosei to be extracted and for the trap to be nullified.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Florence hurries around the corner and up the hallway until she's able to get close enough to really see what's going on. She stares up at Kosei the Lion, pinned against the ceiling, and then shakes her head.

"Um...you're the type of person that says 'hold my drink' a lot, aren't you?"

Detect Magic + Spellcraft (Why's Kosei on the Ceiling): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39

"If it's what I think it is, you should be okay where you're at for a few moments..."
______________

Flo moves up, casts Detect Magic, and gets to work on identifying the spell that's got Kosei stuck to the ceiling (and potentially anything else that might be happening)~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As the party approaches and tries to determine how to help the poor lion, temporarily stuck to the ceiling, he’s freed. Whatever pinned him there, let’s go. And he falls…

Kosei, you can attempt a reflex save, DC 20, to grab the ledge and pull yourself up. In that case, you only take the first two d6 of falling damage and none of the spikes of course.

Falling: 7d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 5, 5, 4, 1) = 30
Spikes: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Spike attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Spike attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Spike attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Spike attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Single round actions only please, unless Kosei manages to catch himself and crawl out of the pit to freedom.

As near as Florence can see, the magics that held him in place, some sort of Reverse Gravity spell, has been turned off. But there is a lingering divination aura.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"Let me go first. I bleed for you."

Nidhi opens her mouth then closes it again. Not sure what to make of her companion's words.

Florence Corvina wrote:

Florence hurries around the corner and up the hallway until she's able to get close enough to really see what's going on. She stares up at Kosei the Lion, pinned against the ceiling, and then shakes her head.

"Um...you're the type of person that says 'hold my drink' a lot, aren't you?"

Nidhi floats near Florence, taking care to not get too close to the pit. "Sorry, Kosei. I didn't catch that trap." The bard would look a bit sheepish if the mask weren't covering her face.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"Ouch!" Kosei lion shouts in pain as he goes flying into the ceiling "Have you seen my leap? It took me flying to the ceiling! Isn't it fabulous the mastering of the winds of Osirion my friends?"

When Stelle approaches the large animal explains "Be it my eyes are blurred by the magics of this place or I saw metal clamps near the pit to fit the ladder my joyous friend knight"

Kosei is happily walking in the ceiling when Zilchus and Florence approach and all of a sudden he loses grasp of the ceiling "Oh! What? Now?!"

Ref DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
With great elegance the lion grabs to the border of the pit and pulls up his ass to the safety of the other side "So... you see my friends? That is a Tar-Kuatan jump"

HP 127/143 | AC 30 TAC 16

And he finally has the chance to sniff around the corner of the passage.
Perception (scent): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei manages the far ledge with a flourish as he sees another looooong descending tunnel ahead. They did like their tunnels in this section that's for sure.

To save a little time, Nidhi can disarm the trap without too much difficulty. The reverse gravity effect flips on, and off, and back on again when triggered but she can disarm it from the side so you don't all go flying like yo-yo's. Even with a functional ladder it would have been tricky to cross.

However, some of you cannot currently fly, or leap a 10' pit. How do you get across, so you can trudge down another long empty hallway?


A 10’ long jump is DC10 Acrobatics, +4 more if you have a movement speed of 30 or more.

For those who cannot jump across, the air-walking Zilchus will carry people across one at a time.

When everyone is across, he will move down the hallway looking for more traps and weird things.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 23 + 2 = 39 Perception


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Another nasty trap," Florence remarks once Kosei's made it safely across and Nidhi has disarmed the trap in question. "I don't know if Chisisek designed these traps too or if that was someone else's idea but whoever came up with them was very clever."

When her turn comes to cross she easily flies across the short gap and comes to rest on the other side. "You know...once upon a time I don't think I could've imagined having the power to just...fly like that, whenever I pleased. And just now, I crossed without any real care in the world, like it's something I've always been able to do."

"I don't like it," Florence continues, glancing back over her shoulder with a frown. "It's not something that should be taken for granted but sometimes it's so easy to do."

As Kosei and Zilchus proceed down the hallway Florence falls in line a short distance behind them, now lost in thought.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/14

I could have sworn there was a better lion avatar before,,,

Stelle looks up from her haversack as Florence speaks.
Oh, Florence! If only everyone on this planet applied their powers as fairly as you...

Kosei wrote:
"Ouch! [ ... I landed perfectly on my feet, did you see that?! ... ]"

"It's O.K., everyone!" exclaims Stelle, giggling a bit and throwing the plank over the now detrapified pit. "Kosei meant to do that."

Putting on a more serious face, she turns to the party, "Let's go!"

Stelle and Anubis cross over the pit on the plank and wait for anyone else who wants to use it.

After all are across, she retrieves and re-stows it, then continues down the hall.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei lion nods to Stelle "I totally meant my friendly knight! It takes a lot of reading of the old scrolls and controlling your ki so you and the nature become fused in a single spirit one. I finally felt the air listening my call and bringing me up pushing my lion belly! I can try to show you on how to do it, but I warn you it might take decades before you master such a serious power, and it is perhaps only reserved for those of Prince blood after all my friend"

Despite his words Kosei takes a more careful approach on the new tunnel "Oh, this architect really liked tunnels. This seems to spiral over itself. Shall I blend into the stone and check the center? I fear we will come up into an empty room"
Perception (looking for traps and secret doors; scent and low-light vision): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38

If nothing is found Kosei will continue to follow Zilchus to the corner heading north.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

(Yeah, I remember a better lion too, but I can't find it.)

The hallway does indeed continue to spiral ever inward, and ever downward. The halls are made of largish stone blocks, fitted neatly together.

Eventually, you reach a stone block, er, blocking the hallway. It's an enormous 10x10 single formed rock which completely seals the passage. On the front of the stone block is a single, large, hieroglyph which you easily recognize as the same as is on the stone floor near the entrance.

Detect magic reveals the same divination magics, and also conjuration.


Zilchus pauses at the next area, letting others handle the potential trap. He’ll point out anything he sees.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 23 + 2 = 34 Perception

”Boy, these people love their hallways, don’t they?”


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Hum...same hieroglyph as earlier and similar magic auras," Florence murmurs as she peers around Zilchus and Kosei. "It's connected to the one we saw back at the entrance. Maybe if I can study this one I can figure out how to get us past it..."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37
Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus sees nothing but long dark hallways - no traps. Florence however makes the connection.

Florence or Spellcraft/Kn Arcana DC 27:
You're not sure the exact mechanism, but if an intelligent creature stands on the hieroglyph by the entrance (Int 11+, sorry Anubis!), the stone will be conjured away (teleport, dimension door, phase door, something) and you can continue down the hallway.

However, if the person at the entrance leaves that sigil, the stone will return.

Florence, I believe Bynx is smart enough...
- - -


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Oooooh, now I understand," Florence remarks with a snap of her fingers. "It is tied to the hieroglyph back at the front entrance. We need someone or something intelligent to stand there and it should move this block so we can keep going. But...they'll need to stay there or the block will return and block us in."

She frowns for a moment and then sets her familiar satchel down on the ground, opening it to allow Bynx to step out. "Bynx? Do you think you'd be okay waiting back at the front for a bit? All I'd need you to do is stay on the hieroglyph that's on the floor."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Bynx takes a moment to stretch his legs before taking a sitting position in front of Florence. His tail twitches back and forth with irritation as he looks up at her.

"...Maow?"

Really? I barely get any time with you except before bed and in the mornings, and now the first time you let me out in the field in ages and you want me to stay behind?

After another moment goes by, Bynx rises and begins padding back down the corridor towards the entrance.

"Maow."

Fine. But you owe me, okay? Let me out to stretch more, even if we're in the field. Anubis gets to run around in the field all the time and it's not fair that I have to stay in the carrier!


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Um..." Florence stammers, looking a little embarrassed as it becomes clear that Bynx isn't very happy about the situation. "He...he says he'll do it. Um, give us just a minute, I'll have to carry him back across the pit..."

And so she does.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei sniffs at Bynx when he appears "How do you keep that clean Bynx?"

The lion steps after Florence for protection until she decides its time to come back "Smart cat"


HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Bynx pauses for a moment to study Kosei-the-Lion and consider his question.

"Maow!"

If you mean what I think you mean...you learn bladder control pretty quick when you travel in tight quarters a lot!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus shrugs at the cat solution, thinking that they might have a back up solution with the shape changing and earth walking powers of Kosei.

He waits for the appropriate time to move forward when he is sure there is no dangers here.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 3

Florence is gone a little while, guarded over by Kosei, before the giant stone block begins, slowly, to descend into the ground. It takes about a minute to do so, and when it is gone, there is no evidence of it anywhere in the hallway (a Phase Door magical effect occurred, so the block is completely gone). She returns shortly thereafter, though Bynx is left all alone at the entrance. Will her curiosity get the better of her? Will she wander off the sigil? Only time will tell!

The group continues down the hall, which does a quick switch back before ending, in a manner of speaking, at a door. A smaller hallway continues to the north, and you can see another door at the end of it while another larger hall continues further east.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 14

Anubis wags his tail at Bynx three times.

Sentinel duty! It is a high honor! I know you shall do well!


"This place is ridiculous," Zilchus comments while waiting for Flo and Kosei to return.

If the area seems safe and after they return, Zilchus will airwalk up and peer around the corner.

1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 24 + 2 = 32 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus sees nothing further, and the place is as quiet as a tomb with no tracks in the sand to show any passage for, well, many many years...


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Bynx isn't too happy with me," Florence sighs once she returns. "He thinks I keep him cooped up too much in his carrier. But...he's not Anubis, he's not meant for battle! And it just keeps getting more and more dangerous the closer we get to Hakotep. I just don't want anything to happen to him; I don't know what I would do if it did..."

Florence falls silent once more as she steps back into formation, clearly struggling to keep her mind on the task at hand.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Thank you, Florence. I love being the Savior of Wati as much as the next gal, but I wish this place wasn't booby-trapped to high heaven! I'm afraid to go almost anywhere in here for fear of being blinded again... or worse. You're lucky to have such a brave, noble companion. Err, not that anything will happen." An image of Stuffing roosting on a basket of fabric enters the bard's mind, but fades as quickly as it came. That bird's more selfish than Nidhi. No doubt Stuffing would have left the party the instant it spotted a juicy bug.

7,201 to 7,250 of 7,642 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.