GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


7,351 to 7,400 of 7,651 << first < prev | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi inspires courage and provides hope (which also gives +2 to attacks in addition to the other things you listed). Kosei shifts the sand and rock under the kalnaka’s feet. Florence with no SR and a touch AC of 12, softens up the red one as it totters to the icy north. Stelle charges another, and destroys another with a lift from Nidhi. Zilchus hacks one down - he does not crit and is fighting some DR (DR 5/-) but with Florences help he finishes it offf. He also heals himself a little to try and survive the onslaught.

Blue tries to close on Kosei through the difficult terrain and shifting sand. It’s motion seems to speed up as it tries to escape.
Reflex: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26 vs DC 20 or fall prone.

Bite on Kosei: 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 20 + 1 = 36 Damage: 3d6 + 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) + (2, 2, 5) + 13 = 33

- Round 2 -
Nidhi - 15+
Kosei - 14 (-121hp)
- Round 3 -
Florence - 23
Stelle - 20
Zilchus - 19 (-62hp)
Kalnaka, red - 17 (destroyed)
Kalnaka, green - 17 (destroyed)
Kalnaka, purple - 17 (destroyed)
Kalnaka, blue - 17 (1/2)

Everyone is up, and I am doomed!

NOTE: Florence, as it's an attack roll, I think Nidhi's buffs are applied to your snowball.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 2, Init After Stelle

7d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2, 3, 4, 3, 6) = 26 healing

After healing, Zilchus takes a cue from Stelle and Annie and charges the remaining foe.

1d20 + 20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 20 + 2 + 2 = 27 to hit; (+hero,+charge)
1d10 + 23 + 2d6 ⇒ (10) + 23 + (4, 5) = 42 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+20+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

[ dice]1d20+12+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +holy)
[ dice]1d10+23+2d6[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

HP: /114
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 1/14 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/10 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/14 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 2/4 used (7d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"Ouch!" Kosei tumbles back, barely standing but satisfied he hold the kalnaka quite enough. After his step behind Zilchus he moves the sand a bit back to let Stelle charge the thing. I think the spell forces the Kalnaka those 5' also, but I will roll concentration to cast on the defensive in case I am wrong

HP 6/143 AC 29 TAC 13

Concentration (defensive) DC 29: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36

Focusing his most powerful energies the lion eyes shine and all of a sudden his wounds just heal.

HP 143/143 AC 29 TAC 13

Kosei looks much more relaxed "So good you came friends! It's all yours now!"


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle takes a five foot step and lances Blue.

Lance: 1d20 + 14 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 2 = 34 +Courage, +Hope, +Hero, -PA, +Flank
for Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 8 + (1, 3) = 31 +Courage, +Hope, +PA, Holy

Lance: 1d20 + 9 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 2 = 34 +Courage, +Hope, +Hero, -PA, +Flank
for Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 8 + (4, 1) = 30 +Courage, +Hope, +PA, Holy

Lance: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 2 = 26 +Courage, +Hope, +Hero, -PA, +Flank
for Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 8 + (5, 3) = 33 +Courage, +Hope, +PA, Holy

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 against charm and compulsion spells and effects (Everyone within 60 feet)
+2 Flank (Everyone in melee with Blue)

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 62/84 (120 DR Adamantine)
Annie: Hits: 76/76 (4.5 x HD +Con)
Stelle AC: 31
Anubis AC: 30
Buffs:

Saves:
Fort: +12 (Base, +1 Con, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck)
Reflex: +14 (Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck, +2 Belt of Dex)
Will: +7/+11 vs. Fear (Base, +1 Blood of Pharaohs, +1 Luck, +1 Cloak, +2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 5/5

AC: 31 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +3, Dodge, +Belt Dex +2) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +14/+9/+4 (+3 Lance (Holy), +5 Str, -4 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)
MIGHTY CHARGE -- Combat Maneuver
GREATER BANNER

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+12 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+3 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+2 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +2damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Florence's Round 3, Init 23

With Kosei taking care of his own wounds and only one kalnaka remaining, Florence ducks around behind the large lion and heals a few more of Zilchus' wounds.

Healing Hex - Zilchus (CMW): 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 4) + 10 = 20
______________

Both IC and Good Hope specify weapon damage rolls rather than damage rolls so that's why I left those off; did apply the +3 to her attack roll though. That said, if they count for spell damage that involves attack rolls too I will not complain :)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi DMPC, takes several shots at the remaining kalnaka. Kosei pushes back the terrain, but not the kalnaka (it was neither prone nor entangled) though he heals himself utterly none the less. Florence takes the edge off Zilchus’ pain. Stelle slides up through the now no longer difficult terrain and whomps the creature twice. Zilchus charges in, and with unlisted bonuses from Nidhi and Stelle, connects, slicing into the great beast.

The combined might of the party brings it down, and the room grows quiet once more.

Closer examination of the eastern wall will reveal what your earlier glances suggested. It is a map in exacting detail, carved into the solid stone wall. The design even seems to move where the sandfall is located, depicting the lake of sand feeding the falls. Where the trenches are deeper, the carving is deeper, and the sekrepheres can be felt as well as seen since they are tiny raised statues on the wall.

Remember too, there is a secret panel to the north, just off the map, within the gaping mouth of a particularly frightening looking Kalnaka carving. Who puts their hand in there to open it?

Nidhi - 15+
Kosei - 14
- Round 3 -
Florence - 23
Stelle - 20
Zilchus - 19 (-16hp)
Kalnaka, red - 17 (destroyed)
Kalnaka, green - 17 (destroyed)
Kalnaka, purple - 17 (destroyed)
Kalnaka, blue - 17 (destroyed)

We are out of initiative.


Zilchus huffs over the dead things, making sure they are dead-dead rather than just faking it. When they are truly stopped, he will thank Florence for her healing.

”You done good there, kid,” Zilchus says to Flo. ”It’s nice to have the sting taken away before it gets too deep.”

”Nidhi, what’s that secret panel all about? Seems like the beasts didn’t want me touching it.”


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
Remember too, there is a secret panel to the north, just off the map, within the gaping mouth of a particularly frightening looking Kalnaka carving. Who puts their hand in there to open it?

...Does it look like a trap? :x

"I got this. Let me try." Nidhi will take out her Everburning Torch and an arrow. She'll peer into the slot with the light and try to wedge the arrow's point into the mouth to see if she can activate it (instead of her hand.)

Slight of Hand: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Very creative. I think it would be a Disable Device check, but either way, no traps are found, and your arrow head pops the catch. You withdraw your hand safely, along with a few choice items, easily identified.

silver-and-jasper ankle bracelet (250gp) inset with three elemental gems (air, earth and fire) (2,250gp ea)
khopesh, +2 earth outsider bane (its hilt indicates the weapon’s name in Ancient Osiriani is “Duhua,” meaning “vortex”, 18,320gp)
malachite statuette of a jackal-headed man about a foot high (750gp) with a hidden internal compartment (Perception DC 25) holding an ancient wand of lightning bolt with 24 charges (5,400gp) held together by the magics that made it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus nods approvingly as Nidhi florences the s&&$ out of the machine, earning safe loot and treasure.

"That's good, but not exactly what we're looking for, is it?" Zilchus asks, wondering what else might be around. "Are we missing anything?"

He spends a bit of time looking over the map of the Slave Trenches to see what the party might have missed in their initial review.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus studies the map minutely, but it seems utterly inert. No clues spring to mind though the wand is strange. It should have broken from age years ago, probably centuries ago.

Further intensive study of the wand reveal nothing in particular about it however. At least, not at this time.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"Well done, everyone! That was great! The earthquake, the spinning rocks, the songs -- the snowball! The charging! Well, well done!"

Zilchus wrote:
Nidhi, what’s that secret panel all about? Seems like the beasts didn’t want me touching it.”

"To my eyes they seemed to be protecting the map, not so much the secret panel."

Stelle and Annie trot to the map to look at it closely.

"What is so special about this map? Is it a scrying map? Is it showing us what's happening out there now?"

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28

Stelle reaches out, and touches the part of the map nearest to this side of the complex.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle touches the map and admires the texture, but nothing happens. She doesn't see anything on the map suggesting it is a scrying device. For example the Dusk-Taker's body is large enough that it could show up on the map, but it does not.


Zilchus stretches and yawns, hoping Kosei or Florence have an idea what to do next.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"That was close my friends" Kosei takes breath relieved the Kalnakas are no more "I was almost running to cover myself under my tent's blanket, so fearsome the appetite of those beasts is..."

While Kosei contemplates the map he recalls the words of the Architect "...then head to the Chamber of the Sekrepheres within a second complex on the eastern reaches of the trenches, the Sekrephrenet, ... activate the Sekrepheres in the Sekrephrenet, 11 great monuments at the Khepsutanem, each infused with the spirit of a particularly powerful elemental... Do you think this is the Chamber of the Sekrepheres? But where are the Sekrepheres my friends?"

The lion looks around trying to recall the rooms before "Are the Sekrepheres perhaps those jars we found before?"


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Happy to help," Florence nods as she produces one of the many minor healing wands she carries around. "But let's finish mending the rest of them before anything else happens!"

Instead of rolling we'll just take the average on healing, so 4 charges expended on the current CLW wand; charges remaining (20).

After that, she then moves over to the very detailed wall map. "Huh...there's certainly something significant about this, otherwise there wouldn't have been those guardians. But I'm not sure what, exactly..."

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28
Kn. History: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35

"That wand is strange too; it's like it's being held together by sheer force of its own will, somehow?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The 11 Sekrespheres are the large monuments in the Slave Trenches which seem central to the whole process. You've investigated them carefully in the Trenches, and the only representation of that here are the tiny carvings representing them on the map, but they do not seem manipulatable.

A hint for you so we don't lose too much time here just now. What comes before "...then head to the Chamber of the Sekrepheres..."?


the sphere stuff:
”The Khepsutanem is much more than ditches and mounds of earth. Hundreds of obelisks, each containing a bound elemental spirit, adorn the paths of the Khepsutanem. Among these stand 11 great monuments, each infused with the spirit of a particularly powerful elemental. These 11 monuments are the Sekrepheres, and they must be activated in the proper order between the hours of dawn and noon on a single day to focus their energies upon the Sun Disk plaza, which can in turn call down Hakotep’s tomb.”

”Before any of the Sekrepheres can be activated, you must rouse the Khepsutanem from its slumber, for after so long a time, the magic that empowers it has certainly gone dormant. The source of the Sekrepheres’ power is found within a complex on the northern side of the earthworks called the Tekramenet. Once you’ve awakened the Khepsutanem, you must seek out the Chamber of the Sekrepheres within a second complex on the eastern reaches of the trenches, the Sekrephrenet. From there, it is a simple matter of anointing the Sekrephere symbols in the proper order with holy or unholy water.”

”Each of the Sekrepheres is associated with one of the gods of Osirion whose teachings, in one way or another, influenced Hakotep’s work at the Khepsutanem. They must be activated in the following order: Horus, Ptah, Isis, Ra, Khepri, Osiris, Sobek, Maat, Sekhmet, Thoth, and finally Set. Once you’ve activated all eleven in this order, the Sun Disk can be used to call down Hakotep’s pyramid.” you swear you saw the corpses grin widen somehow as he says this

Zilchus wrinkles his nose as if smelling his own fart, but really just trying to think really hard.

”Don’t we need to rouse Khepsutanem? What the piddlespot is a Khepsutanem? Or have we already done that?”


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"That's the area outside," Florence answers. "Um...let me think...I think we have to rouse the Khep by placing the Life Lantern and the Akhumenmnet."

She frowns. "Okay so we found the Life Lantern already but what's the Akhumenmnet?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sorry Florence, that's bad sentence structure on my part, but you two have the gist of it.

Placing the Life Lantern must happen first (to awaken the Khepsutanem - the formal name for the Slave Trenches), and then later, you obtain the Pharaoh's key from the Akhumenmnet (The Guardian Vault - which you've not yet found) to unlock the Khepsutanem. Two separate tasks with confusing names.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Oh! So I guess we need to go back to where we were yesterday and place the Life Lantern," Florence adds after thinking it over a bit more. "That's...going to be a little tricky. I might be able to teleport us all back outside..." she continues, doing a quick headcount to see how many bodies she'd be moving, "...okay yes, I should have just enough power to get everyone. We'll have to go back for Bynx first and someone will need to carry Anubis but it should be doable."

Then something occurs to her and she sighs.

"Wait, no. I didn't prepare that spell today! Getting back out right now is going to be hard to do unless we want to try flying or take our chances swimming into the sandfall."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi eyes the silver-and-jasper ankle bracelet set with elemental stones and wishes it was gold and lapis-lazuli instead. She wouldn't wear it anyway. Her feet are almost always covered. She sighs and sits on her carpet, resting her chin in the palm of her hand. She's half tuned in, half tuned out to the conversation, busy with her own fantasy.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Oh! So I guess we need to go back to where we were yesterday and place the Life Lantern," Florence adds after thinking it over a bit more. "That's...going to be a little tricky. I might be able to teleport us all back outside..." she continues, doing a quick headcount to see how many bodies she'd be moving, "...okay yes, I should have just enough power to get everyone. We'll have to go back for Bynx first and someone will need to carry Anubis but it should be doable."

Nidhi's dramatic self perks up a bit. "For safety, perhaps I should be the one to place the lantern. Since I have part of the Pharaoh's soul." She tilts her head and raises a brow, although the mask hides most of her expression. "Do you need to rest, Flo? What time is it? I always have trouble telling without the sun."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

To answer Nidhi's question, it's about noon, give or take, but you think you could safely camp down here if you wished, or maybe further up with Bynx so she's not alone overnight.


Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"For safety, perhaps I should be the one to place the lantern. Since I have part of the Pharaoh's soul." She tilts her head and raises a brow, although the mask hides most of her expression. "Do you need to rest, Flo? What time is it? I always have trouble telling without the sun."

Zilchus scratches his noggin. "Which is one the one that releases the unkillable beast of death and doom? Is that the lantern? Because maybe we should do that one when we've all rested up."

"I think it's around noon, Nidhi. But I don't see a need to rush this, right? We'll go find a quiet spot and drink for the day? Have a few bottles of nice drink? That'd be nice."


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"I guess we can rest up now...seems sort of a waste since it's barely noon but if there's not anything else we can do here at the moment and there's not really any other way to get out, then..."

Florence shrugs.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei looks to Florence, then Zilhcus, then Nidhi and his eyes start to spin "I am feeling confused my friends, I need some air and eating" the lion sits on the ground, his eyes still spinning "These are all too many confusing words in confusing order. You say we have to place the Lantern where exactly? And please don't tell me in the Akhumenmnet, because I don't know what the Guardian Vault is"

"I have thought we should anoint the carving here in the map with the holy water, but I don't know any more" the lion looks at the map and stands up again, he touches the carvings with a paw and casts stone tell. Kosei focus to try get a glimpse of what is surrounding the map stone before talking with it.

"Hello dear stone of ancient Osirion. Me and my friends are having troubles with all this strange construction you form part of and would like to have the sage of your time, back back when you where shaped to form this wonderful map" Kosei lion nods and listens to the stone answer "Who carved you here and what was your purpose? Did someone ever tested this whole magical engineering to see if they could make down a pyramid? How did they do it?" the Garundi turns then to the group "They must have tested it. An engineer told me once the difference between theory-craft and working stuff is reality"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh wow. NICE SPELL KOSEI!!

Zilchus watches in wonder.

This is better than Ben-level s@$+ here.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

(Apologies to Bynx! I keep thinking, because he’s a cat, he’s a she. I’ll try and get that straight in my head…)

Kosei:
There are uneven layers of wall, perhaps even akin to the layers of rock that must exist beneath the Slave Trenches. However, on each of these several layers are arcane symbols and runes. The magics would take a lifetime to decipher, but it’s clear, this wall is powerful.
- - -

In a deep gravelly voice, the wall shudders awake and speaks, in Ancient Osiriani, ”I was formed whole, not crafted as you may imagine. Chisisek, a human, was the master at my creation. I, the Sekrephrenet, focus the elemental energies of the Tekramenet in the Khepsutanem on specific Aeromantic Infandibulums though I do not control that power.”

(Translation of that last sentence: It focuses the power of the Slave Trenches, specifically from the Lantern Vault, to the Shory magics that power the flying pyramids. It does not control that power however, just provides it. You know you need the Pharaoh’s Key to control the power which is done at the Sun Disk.)

”I do not know how the power is used, whether to rise or lower.”


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Bynx knows that he is and would be splendid no matter what and thus isn't inclined to get upset if he's occasionally misgendered ;)

"Whoa...this is amazing!" Florence whispers to the others as the stone wall speaks answers to Kosei's questions. She then quickly snaps her mouth shut, lest she miss something important.

Okay, so it's like we thought...we need the Pharaoh's Key, which means we need to find the Guardian Vault. Should we place the Life Lantern first and then go look for the Vault or should we make sure we get both pieces of the puzzle before activating anything?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei-lion almost faints as the stone finishes telling "This is worse than I thought. Even stones talk this cryptic argot about enets and anems. I do start to believe there is no good translation of these Ancient Osiriani words to nowadays Osiriani"

Defeated the lion moves next to Florence "You seem to know what to do friend. I will follow you to leave this lantern on the place it should be left" and regarding the witch's thoughts on how to cross the sand he adds "I can try to help one of us with freedom of movement and I myself can cross the rocky stone"

Before the group moves on Kosei will look back at the stony map and touch it for a last question "Oh! Before I leave with my friends for testing if this thing of the emergency landing of the flying pyramid works, I would like you to grant me with your ancient sage. You stone of the Sekrepherenet that have seen and heard all, what is the key to the heart of a woman?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The wall is quite some little time - long enough that Kosei begins to think he's stumped it. In the end, he's not sure the question translated well - "Earned confidence." is all the wall says, though it says it with certainty and, well, confidence.

I think Kosei, if you can become a large earth elemental, you could carry folks through the stone and around the sandfall. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Let me know if you want to do that, or sleep here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus looks at Kosei, then at Florence.

”Key to the heart of a woman? Oh, that’s easy...” Zilchus says, knowing the answer. ”They love tickles behind the knee.” Zilchus smiles, having nailed that answer.

Or so I’ve been told.

He follows the team out to go rest, then back to the place where things need to be placed.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14
Florence wrote:
"Oh! So I guess we need to go back to where we were yesterday and place the Life Lantern. That's...going to be a little tricky. I might be able to teleport us all back outside..."

"Yes," Stelle agrees. "However we leave, we should remember to be respectful of the sand. We don't need any giant Stone Elementals or whatever hurling rocks at us."

~~

Zilchus wrote:
"I think it's around noon, Nidhi. But I don't see a need to rush this, right? We'll go find a quiet spot and drink for the day? Have a few bottles of nice drink? That'd be nice."

"Oh, I don't know. It's the hottest part of the day in the desert, and I'm all out of ice," Stelle cautions.

~~

Florence wrote:
"Whoa...this is amazing!"

Stelle is nearly knocked out of her saddle as the stone begins speaking. What on earth...!? She peers back and forth from stone to Kosei and back to stone suspiciously. There's no way Kosei can be making that voice! She eventually settles herself and Anubis albeit with a very puzzled look on her face.

~~

Zilchus wrote:
"Key to the heart of a woman? Oh, that's easy... They love tickles behind the knee."

If merely puzzled before, this utterly bewilders Stelle. For whatever reason, Stelle's instinct is to believe that Zilchus would not have acquired this knowledge from actual experience. "Who told you that? Were they a good friend? How long ago was this?" I'd tell him to try that on Muminofrah, but knowing her she'd probably like that just because it's him doing it...

"Well, what do we think? Should we carefully pick our way back to Bynx? I think Annie here is sorely missing him."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Um...maybe some women like that but I'm going to be honest, I think the stone's answer is probably more on point," is all Florence has to say on the matter of hearts and wooing.

"Anyway...Kosei, if you think you can carry us out then let's try it," she continues. "Maybe we can spend a little time looking around for the Guardian Vault before we take a rest. Or even if we don't, it'd be easier to plan our next move for sure if I conjure the fairy ring outside instead of in here."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Who told you that? Were they a good friend? How long ago was this?"

Zilchus just shrugs. He knows. He knows he's right.

"My friend's husband does this often. She genuine laughs out loud at the thought of this, she said," Zilchus explains but he has no real experience.

Zilchus will join Flo in looking for the Guardian Vault again, as much to pass time as to look at things while he drinks. The real action will be tomorrow he feels and one night of good drinking will prep his mind for the pain to come.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei nods at the stone words and remains thoughtful trying to decipher what the meaning of the confidence is. As well, Kosei stares at Zilchus and thoughts on the wisdom of his own method "I guess that all helps my friend"

Remembered of the Guardian Vault by Florence, Kosei puts an additional question to the stone before leaving "Would you stone friend know where the Akhumenmnet, also known as the Guardian Vault, is exactly located within your engraved map?"

And changing once again to Common "If it does not know I can still ask the Sands and Stars tomorrow. And answering your question my friend Florence, yes, I will transform into the largest ever elemental and cross that sand for you"

Once this is done, Kosei moves forward to look for Bynx and transforms into the elemental to help everyone out.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

”The Akhumenmnet is under the sun disk, its entrance to the east.” the gravelly wall replies. (I’ve noted it on your map.)

Kosei changes his form yet again, and ferry’s the party through the solid rock, under and around the sandfall. Emerging on the other side, it’s hot - with the intense desert sun directly overhead, boring into the deepest trenches.

You make your way back to the Tekramenet, the Lantern Vault, on the Northern side. You enter the chamber of the great receptacle.

As a refresher, the walls of this rectangular chamber have been rounded off to create smooth corners. A ten-foot-diameter, one-foot-high stone disk, its rim decorated with hieroglyphs and its center bearing an ankh-shaped indentation the width of a human hand, sits on the floor in the middle of the room. A cylindrical hallway exits the chamber to the north. The walls of this hallway are incredibly smooth and are lit with rings of light every ten feet, while at the far end, the final section of the hall is lined with what appears to be copper plating.

The Life Lantern looks to be a perfect fit for the indentation.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"Thank you Kosei for the wonderful trip and, conversation," Stelle says warmly when everyone is "safely" back in the Tekramenet.

She pulls the Life Lantern out from under her plate and holds it out to Nidhi.

"Nidhi, did you want the honor of placing the Lantern?"


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Though there seems to be some minor confusion on when to do the things, Florence isn't too worried as the group makes their way back to the Lantern Vault.

"If this summons some sort of nasty beast right away, I've still got most of my magics at my disposal," she remarks. "But hopefully it won't. That said, I'm sure the Guardian Vault will have, well, a guardian of some sort, or two. This place sure did, so I don't think the next one will be any different."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

"Mraow!"

Whatever! Bring on the beasties! At least it would be more exciting than sitting and guarding a whole bunch of nothing like you had me doing.


Zilchus stands where he hopes he can protect the others while not getting smashed or slashed by anything as Florence works. He's ready for a fight if necessary, but also thinks a good night of drinking is okay too.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Before passing the sand waterfall lion-Kosei taps Bynx shoulder "You have been a great soldier today. Well done Bynx the guardian of the stone, we couldn't do it without you my friend"

-------------------------------------

Kosei spits all the eaten sand when the group is safely back to the trenches "You are welcome Stelle my friend. This remembers me the tale about the day the sand fall like rain from the Sun itself... all legend of the tribes of Osirion..." the Garundi keeps his elemental form as the group moves to the Lantern Vault.

-------------------------------------

Back at the Tekramenet, Kosei quickly explores the area to make sure no new dangers have settled in the structure while the group has been away. He then stands next to the disk and waits for the lantern be made into position "We can go back and rest once the lantern is on place"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei, to be clear, you passed through rock, completely avoiding the sandfall.

Kosei searches the vault and finds it exactly as you left it. Nothing has been touched.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi isn't keen on returning to the room - being blinded upon the retrieval of the item that seemingly fits - but she feels a sense of obligation to be the one to place the lantern. She cautiously floats to the doorway, stopping to look around suspiciously.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

Then, if all seems clear, she continues to glide forward, ceremoniously pulls out at lantern, and gently places it into the slot. Her fingers and eyes acutely measure the object as she attempts to fit it, as if she were playing a reverse claw machine.

Slight of Hand (extreme care): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 14
Bynx wrote:
"Mraow!"

Anubis trots up to Bynx tail a-wag and ear to ear toothy smile. He gently but firmly plants his nose onto Bynx's side for several seconds in reassurance.

"It's you, you're still you -- and you're intact, see?! I like what you did to the place -- your enemies are nowhere in sight! Did you pick clean the bones and then eat them too?! Great job!!!"

He blushes in excitement, tail threatening to wag dog.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi places the Life Lantern ever so carefully into the indentation in the center of the horizontal disk and steps back.

Doing so causes the entire disk to twist and rise up on its edge, with the Life Lantern in its center facing North. The now vertical disk then slides slowly North into the tunnel until it pushes up against the rim of the copper plating, sealing the last 20 feet of the northern tunnel tightly. There is some scraping as it seats, but much less than you’d have thought.

Screeeee..... Zot!!

The interior of that area floods with elemental energy that then surges out along the walls of the Slave Trenches, causing many of the obelisks that line each trench to glow and the eleven Sekrephere statues to glow even brighter than they were before. The Trenches are now active - powered up, awaiting instruction, and well lit.

The great receptacle will remain active in this manner for a week, after which point the stone disk will move back to its horizontal position to the south and the life lantern will teleport back to where you found it. The lantern may also be removed sooner of course causing the same resetting, but to do so means exposing yourself to the elemental power, mostly electrical, flooding the tunnel (mostly electrical) but it can be done.

(I forgot to ask, do you bring the Hanshepsu with you, or leave it in its pit?)


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Thanks, Nidhi - seems like it worked," Florence smiles. "It's nice to actually see some progress! Now we just need to work on finding the entrance to the Guardian Vault, which should be a lot easier now that we pretty much know where to look. That was a really neat bit of magic, Kosei! I wish I could do things like that."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat
Anubis-Ka, "Annie" wrote:
"It's you, you're still you -- and you're intact, see?! I like what you did to the place -- your enemies are nowhere in sight! Did you pick clean the bones and then eat them too?! Great job!!!"

"Rrrow!"

Um...yes. Yes I did. They were delicious.

Bynx casually licks a paw, having decided that he likes this version of the last few hours' events much better than his own.

Thanks, Anubis!


Zilchus is relieved when he isn't burnt, attacked, or shocked by the lantern, smiling with relief.

"Okay then, that really did something. Should we go check on things then? Outside?" Zilchus steps outside to see what he can see.

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 39 Perception


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei-stone nods to Florence stoic "Of course you can my friend. You only need to talk with the sand and sun of our lands, and they will tell you all you need"

"Sure!" Kosei starts to walk out of the area "Perhaps we should have a rest until the dusk? Once we start the ritual, we won't have much time according to the Architect, before everything resets again"

7,351 to 7,400 of 7,651 << first < prev | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.