Balodek's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Balodek

Ironfang Invasion GM'd by Balodek

Treasure Sheet

Refugee Camp Spreadsheet

Nesmian Plains

Chernasardo

Caves

Ruins

Current Battle


3,151 to 3,200 of 3,274 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor looks up at the trio of giant bats swooping high overhead. The bat's and their giant wings break open some of his traumatic times and his cursed rune on his neck flares brightly as it trickles blood down his back. Bor clutches the rune and screams into the sky as he falls to his knees. His madness spreads as it ripples through the air.

Aura of Madness- All enemies within 30 feet need to make a DC 20 Will save or fall under the effects of confusion

Status:

Buff reminder (Haste; Bull's Strength)
HP 74/81
AC 26 (31; 33 vs Goblinoids; 34 vs Hobgoblin DR/2- Hobgoblin)
Spells Used:
(1st) Shield of Faith
(2nd)
(3rd) Magic Circle against evil
(4th)
Vision of Madness 9/9
Aura of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
Master's Illusion 8/8
CPE 0/2 (4d6)
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

Faolan jumps off the chariot and smashes a wyvern almost to death. Bazsil quickly follows up and lops the head of the surprised creature. Two of the bats swarm one of the remaining adults, one hitting. The third bat fails to hit the third wyvern.

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Krowe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Hobgoblins: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Wyverns: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Will DC 20: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Will DC 20: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Will DC 20: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Will DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Will DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Since I didn't post yesterday and I don't want to delay again waiting for Krowe then me then the party, I'm going to determine the results of the confusion now.

1d100 ⇒ 44
1d100 ⇒ 45
1d100 ⇒ 26

1d100 ⇒ 5
1d100 ⇒ 99

All of your foes are confused by Bor's maddened screaming. The three hobgoblins babble to themselves about ghosts attacking from the dawn. One wyvern is clear headed this round and attacks a bat. The other is sent into a rage and attacks a bat.

Wyvern 2 @ Bat 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 281d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Wyvern 2 @ Bat 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 182d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 = 14
Wyvern 2 @ Bat 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Wyvern 2 @ Bat 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Wyvern 3 @ Bat 3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 271d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Wyvern 3 @ Bat 3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 142d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11
Wyvern 3 @ Bat 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Wyvern 3 @ Bat 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Bat 1 pops. Bat 3 is in a bad way, having been potentially poisoned (DC 17 or Con Damage) and grabbed 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Turn Order Round 2
Krowe
Hobgoblins
Wyverns
Bor
Bazsil
Faolan

Party Round 2, then technically Krowe Round 3 if anything remains.

Wyverns:

DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18 (+1 Dex, +9 natural, –1 size)
hp 73 (7d12+28)
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8
Immune sleep, paralysis
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., fly 60 ft. (poor)
Melee sting +10 melee (1d6+4 plus poison), bite +10 melee
(2d6+4 plus grab), 2 wings +5 (1d6+2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attack rake (2 talons +10, 1d6+4)
-24/73 59/73 73/73

Hobgoblins:

DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 71 (7d10+28)
Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +4 (+2 vs. fear)
Defensive Abilities bravery +2
DEFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 bastard sword +13/+8 (1d10+5/19–20) or
spear +10/+5 (1d8+4/×3)
Ranged shortbow +9/+4 (1d6/×3)
Special Attacks weapon training (heavy blades +1)
71/71 71/71 71/71


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

While his bats hold off the wyverns Krowe hurls a fireball into the confused hobgoblins.

Bat Fort vs poison: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Fireball DC 19: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 3, 1, 3, 2, 2, 3) = 24

For round 3

Krowe follows up his fireball with individual rays of fire to pick off anything left standing.

Scorching Ray 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 4) = 12
Scorching Ray 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 5) = 10

And the giant bats fight on...

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2

Status:
HP: 83/83 | AC: 28 (f20/t15) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids, +2 BoF, +1 song) | CMD 31
Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +7
Front Row
Opponent: wyvern
- - -
Conditions: Fly, Haste, Blessing of Fervor, Song (+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, +1 AC (dodge), +1 AC (insight vs outsiders & aberrations), skill limits)
Equipped: Shield
Shield Melee: Attack: BAB 8/3, Str +6, Focus +1, MW +1, (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Shield Ranged: Attack: BAB 8/3, Dex +2, Focus +1, MW +1 (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Arrows: 14/14; Ghost Salt, Cold Iron Arrows 6/6
Martial Flexibility (1x swift, 2x move): 4/7
Knockout (DC 20, 1d6r): 1/1
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1
Jingasa (negate crit or sneak): 1/1

He gains a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves from Blessing of Fervor.

Amazed at the effect Bor has had on the enemy, he’s half tempted to just step back and watch them tear themselves apart. It would be a kind of justice - bloody, slow, justice. But cruel too, too cruel for Faolan. So he helps them along on the path to destruction. He 5’ steps and attacks the next wyvern (or hobgoblin if need be). If it falls and he cannot reach another, he’ll throw his shield (same damage, -4 on all attacks).

”Bor, I think maybe we need to get you some help, but after the battle… after the battle!”

Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 4 = 26 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15 (song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 4 = 33 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15 (song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 = 19 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17 (song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 = 19 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14 (song)
hasted Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 4 = 19 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19 (song)

Toppling Bash: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 4 = 29 (BoF, song) (swift action to trip the target of my first hit)
(* Targets hit by my shield take -2 to their AC until the end of my next turn.)


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 3

Free: Continue song.
Move: 5' step to nearest foe.
Stnd: Strike.

Bazsil's song nearly falters as Bors madness nearly trips his tongue. He thinks that if he hadn't been traveling with the man for the last few months, he might be as equally stupefied as the hobgobs. As he is not, the continues to sing and 5' steps to continue pounding wyvern.

”Wyverns, wyverns, wyverns,
Krowe magic will give you burns,
Bors magics you cannot spurns,
You'll sleep amongst the ferns.”

1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 30 to hit; (+bull,+song)
1d10 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 24 slashing damage.

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 13 to hit; (+bull,+song)
1d10 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 22 slashing damage.

BoF extra attack.
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 32 to hit; (+bull,+song)
1d10 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 28 slashing damage.

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+14+1+[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 1 = 18 slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1+[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 1 = 24 slashing damage.

Magic longbow.
[ dice]1d20+11[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

HP: 66/66
AC: 20 (7 armor, 3 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.  = 20/22 vs. gobs.

L1: 2/5 used (CLW*0, Ident*0, Grease*0, Vanish*2, LibCom*0)
L2: 3/5 used (Invis*1, Heroism*2, Blister*0, BDash*0)
L3: 0/3 used (GHope*0,InvisSpher*0,JJ*0)
Kenning: 0/1 used
Words: 4/20 used
Battlecries: 0/2 used (+1 morale to hit;+4 morale to fear saves 1 minute)
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used
Extend Lesser: 2/3 used
Dbane Arrows: 1/10 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations [ /spoiler]

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor's scream continues to pulsate through the crowd as he punches and punches at the endless stream of devilish creatures coming over him. Nearest wyvern.

Maintain Aura of Madness

+1 Cestus; Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

+1 Cestus; Haste: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Hasted +1 Cestus; Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

BoF +1 Cestus; Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Status:

Buff reminder (Haste; Bull's Strength)
HP 81/81
AC 26 (31; 33 vs Goblinoids; 34 vs Hobgoblin DR/2- Hobgoblin)
Spells Used:
(1st) Shield of Faith
(2nd)
(3rd) Magic Circle against evil
(4th)
Vision of Madness 9/9
Aura of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
Master's Illusion 8/8
CPE 2/2 (4d6)
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

Ref DC 19: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Ref DC 19: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Ref DC 19: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Krowe unleashes fire and death upon the hobgoblins while the party smashes down all three adult wyverns. The juvenile wyverns snap at you but aren't even old enough to know what they're doing yet.

The hobgoblins remain confused and respond by attacking the now visible Krowe with their shortbows.

Hobgoblin 1 @ Krowe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d6 ⇒ 4
Hobgoblin 2 @ Krowe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 201d6 ⇒ 5
Hobgoblin 3 @ Krowe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 291d6 ⇒ 1

Hobgoblin 3 @ Krowe Confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 182d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Turn Order Round 3
Krowe
Hobgoblins
Bor
Bazsil
Faolan

Party Round 3.

Hobgoblins:

DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 71 (7d10+28)
Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +4 (+2 vs. fear)
Defensive Abilities bravery +2
DEFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 bastard sword +13/+8 (1d10+5/19–20) or
spear +10/+5 (1d8+4/×3)
Ranged shortbow +9/+4 (1d6/×3)
Special Attacks weapon training (heavy blades +1)
25/71 47/71 47/71


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 3

Status:
HP: 83/83 | AC: 28 (f20/t15) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids, +2 BoF, +1 song) | CMD 31
Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +7
Front Row
Opponent: wyvern
- - -
Conditions: Fly, Haste, Blessing of Fervor, Song (+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, +1 AC (dodge), +1 AC (insight vs outsiders & aberrations), skill limits)
Equipped: Shield
Shield Melee: Attack: BAB 8/3, Str +6, Focus +1, MW +1, (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Shield Ranged: Attack: BAB 8/3, Dex +2, Focus +1, MW +1 (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Arrows: 14/14; Ghost Salt, Cold Iron Arrows 6/6
Martial Flexibility (1x swift, 2x move): 4/7
Knockout (DC 20, 1d6r): 1/1
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1
Jingasa (negate crit or sneak): 1/1

He gains a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves from Blessing of Fervor.

Faolan, both pleased and dismayed that the wyverns have been handled (I don’t get to fly!) takes a step and weighs in on the hobgoblins. If he has to move further to join the battle, just one attack.

Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 4 = 25 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14 (song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 4 = 25 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16 (song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 4 = 33 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18 (song)
critthreat Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 4 = 27 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15 (song)

Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16 (song)
hasted Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 4 = 34 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17 (song)

Toppling Bash: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 = 16 (BoF, song) (swift action to trip the target of my first hit)
(* Targets hit by my shield take -2 to their AC until the end of my next turn.)


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 4

Free: Continue song.
Move: Move to help Krowe.
Stnd: Strike a hobgob.

Bazsil moves to help Krowe, lest he be diced for a soup.

”Gobbos, Hobgobs, Villains,
You are invading cretins,
Lack of good your heart within,
You’ll feel your death set in.”

1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 38 to hit; (+bull,+song)
1d10 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 24 slashing damage.

Pot crit:
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 27 to hit; (+bull,+song)
1d10 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 21 slashing damage.

BoF to AC. AC 22, +2 more vs. gobbos.

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+14+1+[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 1 = 21 slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1+[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 1 = 18 slashing damage.

Magic longbow.
[ dice]1d20+11[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

HP: 66/66
AC: 20 (7 armor, 3 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos. = 20/22 vs. gobs.

L1: 2/5 used (CLW*0, Ident*0, Grease*0, Vanish*2, LibCom*0)
L2: 3/5 used (Invis*1, Heroism*2, Blister*0, BDash*0)
L3: 0/3 used (GHope*0,InvisSpher*0,JJ*0)
Kenning: 0/1 used
Words: 4/20 used
Battlecries: 0/2 used (+1 morale to hit;+4 morale to fear saves 1 minute)
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used
Extend Lesser: 2/3 used
Dbane Arrows: 1/10 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations [ /spoiler]


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe looks down in surprise at the two arrows sticking out of him. The mercs had been handling the fights recently and he hadn’t taken an injury in a while. As the pain begins to set in he redirects his bats to fight the hobgoblins and ducks low to make himself a harder target.

Fort vs poison: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Con Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Full defense +4 using BoF for +2 = AC 24

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor's aura of madness seems to lessen as it ceases. He rails his fist over and over into the hobgoblin, which seems to make him feel a little better.

+1 Cestus; Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

+1 Cestus; Haste: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Haste +1 Cestus; Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Status:

Buff reminder (Haste; Bull's Strength)
HP 81/81
AC 26 (31; 33 vs Goblinoids; 34 vs Hobgoblin DR/2- Hobgoblin)
Spells Used:
(1st) Shield of Faith
(2nd)
(3rd) Magic Circle against evil
(4th)
Vision of Madness 9/9
Aura of Madness 6/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
Master's Illusion 8/8
CPE 2/2 (4d6)
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

Bor uppercuts a hobgoblin. The soldier stands up straight from the blow, setting his neck up nicely for Bazsil to decapitate him. Faolan runs up and bashes the other while Krowe's flying rats distract the third. They drop their bows and draw their swords, attacking.

Attack@Faolan: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Attack@Bat1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 321d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Crit@Bat1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Turn Order Round 4
Krowe
Hobgoblins
Bor
Bazsil
Faolan

Bor, Bazsil, Faolan Round 4.

Hobgoblins:

DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 71 (7d10+28)
Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +4 (+2 vs. fear)
Defensive Abilities bravery +2
DEFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 bastard sword +13/+8 (1d10+5/19–20) or
spear +10/+5 (1d8+4/×3)
Ranged shortbow +9/+4 (1d6/×3)
Special Attacks weapon training (heavy blades +1)
33/71 35/71


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 5

Free: Continue song.
Move: Move to help Krowe.
Stnd: Strike a hobgob.

Bazsil moves again to help Krowe..

”Gobbos, Hobgobs, Villains,
You are invading cretins,
Lack of good your heart within,
You’ll feel your death set in.”

1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 24 to hit; (+bull,+song)
1d10 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 23 slashing damage.

BoF to AC. AC 22, +2 more vs. gobbos.

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+14+1+[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 1 = 19 slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1+[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 1 = 24 slashing damage.

Magic longbow.
[ dice]1d20+11[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

HP: 66/66
AC: 20 (7 armor, 3 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.  = 20/22 vs. gobs.

L1: 2/5 used (CLW*0, Ident*0, Grease*0, Vanish*2, LibCom*0)
L2: 3/5 used (Invis*1, Heroism*2, Blister*0, BDash*0)
L3: 0/3 used (GHope*0,InvisSpher*0,JJ*0)
Kenning: 0/1 used
Words: 4/20 used
Battlecries: 0/2 used (+1 morale to hit;+4 morale to fear saves 1 minute)
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used
Extend Lesser: 2/3 used
Dbane Arrows: 1/10 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations [ /spoiler]


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 4

Status:
HP: 83/83 | AC: 28 (f20/t15) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids, +2 BoF, +1 song) | CMD 31
Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +7
Front Row
Opponent: hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: Fly, Haste, Blessing of Fervor, Song (+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, +1 AC (dodge), +1 AC (insight vs outsiders & aberrations), skill limits)
Equipped: Shield
Shield Melee: Attack: BAB 8/3, Str +6, Focus +1, MW +1, (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Shield Ranged: Attack: BAB 8/3, Dex +2, Focus +1, MW +1 (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Arrows: 14/14; Ghost Salt, Cold Iron Arrows 6/6
Martial Flexibility (1x swift, 2x move): 4/7
Knockout (DC 20, 1d6r): 1/1
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1
Jingasa (negate crit or sneak): 1/1

He gains a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves from Blessing of Fervor.

Faolan attacks the hobgoblin he’s on with wild abandon, laughing as he’s covered in the blood of his enemies.

Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 4 = 19 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18 (song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 4 = 27 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12 (song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18 (song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15 (song)
hasted Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 4 = 23 (BoF, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18 (song)

As he completely wiffs several times his laugh grows louder, and is more self directed. But a blow or two might land none the less... He hopes it will be enough as his arm grows numb from the failures.

Toppling Bash: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 4 = 23 (BoF, song) (swift action to trip the target of my first hit)
(* Targets hit by my shield take -2 to their AC until the end of my next turn.)

Shadow Lodge

One hobgoblin falls and the other is badly injured after this latest round of sword and boarding.

Turn Order Round 4
Krowe
Hobgoblins
Bor
Bazsil
Faolan

Bor Round 4.

Hobgoblins:

DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 71 (7d10+28)
Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +4 (+2 vs. fear)
Defensive Abilities bravery +2
DEFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 bastard sword +13/+8 (1d10+5/19–20) or
spear +10/+5 (1d8+4/×3)
Ranged shortbow +9/+4 (1d6/×3)
Special Attacks weapon training (heavy blades +1)
5/71

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor can seem to contact the hobgoblin as it pins him back just out of reach. "May as well drop your weapons. It is just you left."

+1 Cestus; Haste; Song: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

+1 Cestus; Haste; Song: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Hasted +1 Cestus; Haste; Song: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Status:

Buff reminder (Haste; Bull's Strength)
HP 81/81
AC 26 (31; 33 vs Goblinoids; 34 vs Hobgoblin DR/2- Hobgoblin)
Spells Used:
(1st) Shield of Faith
(2nd)
(3rd) Magic Circle against evil
(4th)
Vision of Madness 9/9
Aura of Madness 6/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
Master's Illusion 8/8
CPE 2/2 (4d6)
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

The bats distract the last hobgoblin long enough for Bor's final strike to land, cracking the man's jaw and dropping it to the ground. Now you have only the grim task of deciding how to handle the three juvenile wyverns.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil wipes the blood off his blade, the song dying on his lips.

”What do we do with the young’uns?” He asks, looking at Krowe for some reason. ”Maybe we can take them to town, sell them. I know they are evil things, but if there is to be a siege, then they might offer some defense, or even food, if needed.”

Bazsil takes a moment to cast Detect Magic and loot the dead. He will pack up anything that might be useful in a siege and offer magical items to Krowe for identification.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

"What are we gonna do, tether them to the chariot and have them fly on strings behind us? I say leave them be, they're just kids. Don't like killin' kids, no matter what the species, and I don't see how we bring them with us."

He'll help pack up anything useful as he searches the compound for loot and survivors.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

"We could offer them food and try to make them dependent, but I'm not certain that would work. I just don't know enough about wyverns unfortunately." Krowe looks at the young monsters and considers. "However, I don't like the idea of leaving them behind. If forces from the Legion come across them they'd surely snatch them up and train them to use against our people in the future. It may not work, but let's try to lure them along with us for now, and perhaps I can research a spell to control them in the future."

"Faolan, let's see how they like the taste of hobgoblin."

Shadow Lodge

You quickly search the camp, finding some magical items and basic gear.

potion of cure serious wounds x3
+1 chainmail x3
+1 bastard sword x3
shortbow with 20 arrows x3
spear x3
cloak of resistance +1 x3
military saddle x3
186 gp

There is plenty of meat (from unknown sources) should you choose not to butcher the hobgoblins. You attempt to negotiate with the wyverns by bribing them.

Krowe speaks Draconic, he can either translate or negotiate with them on his own. Diplomacy check please.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"Rather just let the beastie's go for now. They give me the willie's." Bor shudders and helps gather the equipment, shoving into his sack. "Cut 'em loose and let's head to those warmachines before they get any closer."


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe blinks when the young wyverns begin speaking in draconic. It hadn't even occurred to him that they might be intelligent enough to do so.

"Your masters are gone. We are your masters now. We will be better than they were, and will reward you well for service."

Whatever response they have he will translate, hoping that Bazsil's silver tongue can help with negotiations.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Could use some backup here.

Shadow Lodge

We'll see what Bazsil rolls. They are Int 7 so they can carry on basic conversation but any complicated concepts will be lost on them.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Int 7? Oh...so it’s like talking to Faolan. Perfect. ;)

Bazsil joins with Krowe to try to get the deadly murderbirds to the local metropolis where they can be set free amongst a nearly helpless population of food sources. This is a good plan.

Bazsil sings deeply, enticing the birds with equal parts rhythmic chant and food.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26 Diplomacy

”C’mon, birdy bird, come on,
Set your scales to sway,
C’mon, birdy bird, come on,
I will show you the way.

C’mon, birdy bird, come on,
C’mon, birdy bird, come on.”


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan scowls at Bazsil, though he doesn't know why.

He watches as the others try to make friends of the wyvern juveniles. He's not sure about this, but brighter men than he came up with the plan, so he'll roll with it, assuming there's some reason he simply hasn't fathomed as yet.

"Yeah, work for us, we're much nicer than the hobgoblins. Might have better food too." he pokes at the mystery meat.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14 vs DC 10 to aid

Shadow Lodge

The wyverns seem agreeable to being fed, if not much else. They don't immediately attack you but they don't seem interested in following you either. Their draconic can be summed up as "Food food" and "You killed our parents, prepare to die."

Nibbitz pokes her head over the side of the chariot. "Ok, so taming wyverns, hope they can keep up with the chariot. You guys are in a hurry for the next camp right?"


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan smiles at Nibbitz, "Yes, we're always in a hurry. Speed is one thing we have over the hobgoblins. However, while this took less time than I thought, it is late. Perhaps we should camp here, or near here, tonight. Might be that there's a wyvern patrol still out there who might come home, and besides it's dark soon."

He suggests camping here-ish for the night and proceeding at first light.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Listening to the wyverns, Krowe decides three unreliable allies aren't worth the effort.

A field of rubbery black tentacles to appear, burrowing up from the ground to grab the wyvernlings and squeeze the life from them.

Black Tentacles CMB: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

GM:
Krowe's plan is to dismiss his spell after two succumb, leave one alive with which to offer another deal - "Serve or die."
Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil looks somewhat, but not completely shocked by Krowe's spell. Bazsil knows that the wyverns were possibly unreliable, but they may not be worth the effort to get them to town.

He shrugs, letting go his minimal hopes.

"Let's camp away from here, unless we can make the town soon enough," Bazsil says, wanting to get away from the wyvern corpses.

Unless objections, move to find a good, quiet place to camp and then go at first light.

Shadow Lodge

Nibbitz blanches somewhat and looks away as the wyverns are killed. "Well, that's war I guess."

The night passes without event, you keep watch but see no sign of wyverns nor the mysterious visitors you've occasionally entertained on such nights. The stars are bright and clear. You find yourselves wondering what secrets they hold.

Where to next?


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan frowns at Krowe's deed, but agrees with Nibbitz and lets it go.

In the morning he says, "Aren't we headed to the warmachines (link) next? We're well ahead of schedule I think, but no rest for the wicked!"

He enjoys a hearty breakfast and is ready to go when the rest have finished their morning routines.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

That night Bor's dreams lend back to Krowe's blackened tentacles grabbing ahold of the baby wyverns as it pulls their limbs apart in their sticky, shadowy mass. The screams stick in his mind as he continues to be dogged and chased by his unseen assailant. He is trapped in a maze, rounding corner after corner of walls built out of bones, skulls and stuck together by the blood of the killed.

The winged shadow climbs high overhead, landing on a pile in the distance as it silently watches Bor. "Ssssooon." The voice hisses with delight.

Bor wakes up with a cold sweat, his heart pounding as his bunk is soaking wet. Nibbitz was right. This was a war. A war I am fighting on two fronts.

He heads outside as the sun begins to rise in the distance. What more will we be forced to do to survive? Just then Faolan comes out of the tent. "Sorry, didn't mean to wake you. Yea I think the Warmachines are next." Bor begins cooking breakfast. "You think we are going to make it out of this in one piece?" His hand reflexively goes to his severely damaged jaw hidden underneath the scarf.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

"Yes," Bazsil agrees, limbering up in the cool morning air. "We should hit those war machines on our way to Longshadow. Would be good take them out before the assault, and if we do take them out, it will be important to kill their engineers if we can, to delay their ability to build others."

Bor Olrum wrote:
Just then Faolan comes out of the tent. "Sorry, didn't mean to wake you. Yea I think the Warmachines are next." Bor begins cooking breakfast. "You think we are going to make it out of this in one piece?"

Bazsil kneels closer to Bor, watching the man cook and the bacon sizzle.

"Nah, no one survives a war. We may endure longer than most, but there is too much here for any hope of survival. It's not that we are lost, but I hope that our deeds live long in song and our valorous deeds resonate with those who will continue the fight. That is why I tell our tales, so that others may carry them out of here, and that even should we die this day, some part of us might find immortality."

Baszil reaches down to grab a piece of sizzling bacon, burning his fingers in the process. It hurts, but it was going to be worth it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan crouches down with the others and helps himself to breakfast. He says, almost wistfully, ”Yeah… Someday this war’s gonna end.

He takes a big bite of the bacon and walks away munching, eventually settling down with a tree at his back to eat. And he eats heartily. When he’s done, he asks, ”Do we have ways of, you know, making large magical fires? Seems to me we’ll want to burn their war machines, rather than just disassemble them. Burn ‘em to the ground. I mean, I’ve got a couple flasks of alchemy fire, but I don’t think that’s gonna cut it. You know?”

Shadow Lodge

It is roughly 20 miles from your current location to the river crossing marked on the map. This would be untracked hilly terrain, though your chariot will still make short work of it. From there you can follow the river to Longshadow.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Taking the final watch, Krowe is awake when Bor emerges in the morning. Sitting against a tree, concealed within the folds of his elven cloak, he remains unnoticed by the disfigured man as he gazes off at the sunrise. He’s about to greet him when Faolan and Bazsil arrive and the three begin discussing the costs of war.

”I’m fairly certain you’ll be alright, blood. But these cutters are probably f@#%ed.”

He slips to the side before Faolan can sit in his lap.

”Survival is possible. Living, however...”

Changing the subject, he taps his spellbook. ”I believe my magic may be able to produce enough fire to burn their siege engines.” He closes the boom and stows it away. ”If that is not enough we may be able to break key functions and push them into the river.”

Moving to the breakfast, he forks some potato into a bowl. ”Before we commit to either though, we should consider the possibility of bringing them to Longshadow. I have a spell that may allow us to break down and transport one or two.”

What a great scene. Such awesome role playing!


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12
Oberon Krowe wrote:

...he taps his spellbook. ”I believe my magic may be able to produce enough fire to burn their siege engines.” He closes the boom and stows it away. ”If that is not enough we may be able to break key functions and push them into the river.”

Moving to the breakfast, he forks some potato into a bowl. ”Before we commit to either though, we should consider the possibility of bringing them to Longshadow. I have a spell that may allow us to break down and transport one or two.”

"Oh, good call. Yes, we should absolutely take one or two if we can." Faolan agrees as he munches away happily, "And sure, what we can't torch we can break and soak." He seems less keen on simple destruction and hopes Krowe's magics will suffice to burn what they don't take.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Yes, thanks for picking up on that line!

Bor shoves the bacon into his mouth and helps reload the chariot. While he doesn't feel good about it this war has taken it's toll on him. While not physically, it definitely has emotionally.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil shoves the sizzling bacon in his mouth. He can feel the oils popping against his saliva. Yes, it hurt, but it also was a bit of feeling of joy, because hot bacon is good bacon.

”Enough talk of our deaths. They will come and we will face them. But do not worry, i shall tell our tale in Longshadow as well, so more seeds of our immortality will be borne. You’ll see. I shall tell them all and give them heart for siege to come,” Bazsil steals a bit more bacon and goes to pack up his bedroll.

He’ll be ready to go soon enough.

Shadow Lodge

You load up the chariot and depart the former wyvern camp. Nibbitz is subdued and stares at the twisted bodies of the dead wyverns as you ride south for more war.

Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 92
1d100 ⇒ 25
1d100 ⇒ 76
1d100 ⇒ 27
1d100 ⇒ 24
1d100 ⇒ 88

You make your way to the river with no interruption. Though Legion forces are moving through the area, they seem strangely quiet here. Either they consider this region conquered or they have another focus.

You are now at the river, several miles from the proposed meeting site. How do you wish to proceed?


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

"I say we get a little closer and do our usual invisibility maneuver to get into the camp. These are going to be siege engineers mostly I'm guessing. Shouldn't be much of a fight. They'll probably have guards of course, but we've been moving so quickly, surely they won't have been able to prepare for us."

He thinks a moment, "I do think we should head in on foot though. I expect this camp to be more spread out than the wyvern camp. Owing to the siege weapons."

He takes out his shield and readies it for the battle ahead.

Shadow Lodge

To clarify, the map and documents specify that this is not the camp where these were constructed but rather the place in the river where the weapons will be moved from the south bank to the north bank. You presume this is necessary for the attack on Longshadow. The camp where they were constructed is noted as a munitions camp and is south of the river.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

"Let us approach in stealth and see what preperations have been made here. If they have not yet brought the engines, then I think we should press on to the munitions camp."

Leaving the chariot behind for the moment. Guessing Bazsil will use another circle of invis?


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil will use another Invisibility Sphere spell, which is far superior to the antiquated circle of invisibility spell, as any good mage would tell you.

”Alright, let’s not die here. Keep close,” Bazsil says as he casts the spell, his deep voice providing the words to unleash the magic.

Heroism on Bazsil and Faolan too boot.

Bazsil will creep closer to look at things

1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 = 28 Perception


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan tightens up and is careful not to slip out of invisibility too soon. "Thanks for the spells Bazsil. You empower me." he slaps him roughly on the back as he grins and moves forward.

As they get closer, he does his best to remain quiet as he peers around for information.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 20 + 2 = 41 (invisibility, heroism)
Perception: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 = 31 (heroism)

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor also empowers the group as they close in on the machines. Blessing of Fervor and Magic Circle against Evil on Bor.

He stays in tight clinging to cloaks so as not to break free of the invisibility limited range. "How many do you see?" He whispers.

Shadow Lodge

You cross the last ridge quietly, having cast your spells at the bottom of the slope. You see a large troop of hobgoblins guarding 4 heavy catapults. They are on the far side (120 feet across) of the river and you are a 500 feet from the near side of the river.

Standing near the river you see a Legion lieutenant talking to a hideous creature. It appears to be a skinless man riding a skinless horse. The hobgoblin is gesturing at 20 humans chained and kneeling near the catapults.

Each catapult has been towed by a pair of strange looking creatures. From here you can't tell if they are horses or yaks.

K. Nature 19:

The skinless creature is a nuckelavee, a type of water fey. It is a manifestation of pollution and filth in the water.

K. Nature 11:

The strange horse/yak creatures are yzobu, an aggressive herd animal called war yaks by hobgoblins and trained as mounts and beasts of burden by the same.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24 Know (Nature) - DRs? Special attacks?
1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26 Know (Nature) - DRs? Special attacks?

Bazsil takes a moment to share what he learns about the foes, and hoping Krowe can add more detail.

”Also, there are human prisoners. We should be mindful of them. They need rescue.”


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan whispers, "Do we take them now? Fly over the river to the other side and attack? Or wait for them to cross? I don't see any boats, and I fear the prisoners might be sacrifices to that undead thing to help them cross."

As usual, he's ready to go now and doesn't want to wait, but he'll listen to the wise counsel of his allies.

3,151 to 3,200 of 3,274 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Balodek's Ironfang Invasion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.