Balodek's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Balodek

Ironfang Invasion GM'd by Balodek

Treasure Sheet

Refugee Camp Spreadsheet

Nesmian Plains

Chernasardo

Caves

Ruins

Current Battle


51 to 100 of 3,468 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Whichever you think is best. It is mainly for fluff thematically. mechanically mainly going to be used to cut off escaping enemies.

Bor twists as he travels through the veil in the blink of an eye. He hadn't done so often but since his group pierced the veils twisting secrets he had been accursed with this ability.

He exits just behind the hobgoblin. "Do you wish to witness true evil?" He asks knowing the primitive creature probably understood little of what he said. He backhands it across the back of it's head.

Vision of Madness Melee Touch Attack; Flanking: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14

Vision of Madness- For 3 rounds the Hobgoblin gets +1 to all skill checks and -1 modifier to all attack and saving throw rolls.

His fist cracks against the creature's skull and it's eyes waver as it now sees what he sees. "My curse is now your curse." Looking out the door the hobgoblin sees madness and terror. The sky turns from blue to a crimson red. A drum of war beats in the distance in sync with it's increasing heart rate. The sound of what is to come. Covering the Sun is the shadow of a massive winged beast. It's dart shape blots out the majority of the light casting the land in shadow.

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ Shield of Faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith
Vision of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 2/2


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2, Initiative: 3

Status:
HP: 4/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Yes, that is my correct AC adjustment, thanks.

StA: Shield Bash
FrA: Protect Bazsil (+2 to his AC for one round)

Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Faolan nearly crumbles on the first swing of the hobgoblin, but he does not… not quite yet. When Bor disappears to reappear behind the hobgoblin, he cannot take it all in though and merely shakes his head for now, worrying the blow did more damage then he thought. He didn't move, he just... moved!

He tries again to return the favor, bashing the bastard who hit him, though with little success. After the swing he hikes his shield up higher and helps to protect Bazsil with it as well as himself.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 2, Init 19

Move: Stand like a stilling target for the hobbos.
Stnd: Fight like a...uhh...Faolan

"ATTACK ME! ATTACK ME!!" Bazsil swings his sword at the lead hobbo.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 9/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/2 used
Lore: 0/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Ok, I lied. This isn’t real. Those two cutters couldn’t possibly be THAT bad in a fight, amiright? Hey, wasn’t that hooded berk just over there? And the locals, just standing there like petitioners awaiting the scale. Such a lousy nightmare. Let’s end it, ok?

”No...” It was happening again. They were are all going to die. He thinks about abandoning them, running away. But rage keeps him rooted in place. Real or not, he would fight the enemy. He glares at one of the hobgoblins.

Yes. Give me that one.

Krowe reaches out, his hand touching the invisible boundary between worlds. He quickly traces a mark upon it, opening a small window and calling a name.

”Sessael.”

With a burst of flame an eagle suddenly appears in the air. Blackened as if burned, with eyes gleaming red, it dives upon the hobgoblins, tearing into one with beak and talons!

Round 3, Initiative 16
Back Row
Opponent: None
MA: none
SA: spend 1 point from arcane reservoir for summon monster 1 - fiendish eagle with augment summoning

Assuming flanking position with Faolan
Talon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Talon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Talon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Shadow Lodge

The hobgoblins continue to underestimate your piteous assault, until one of them a flaming eagle to the face!

Goblin:

"Damn this bird! Kill it!"

The first switches from Faolan to the eagle while the other gives Bazsil the attention he craves.

Hob1@Flaming Eagle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Hob2@Baszil: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 1 = 221d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Hob2Crit?: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 = 161d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

+2 from Faolan should mean that is not a crit, correct?

Turn Tracker
Baszil
Krowe
Hobgoblins
Bor
Faolan

Hobgoblins:

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 17 (1d10+7)
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee longsword +4 (1d8+2/19–20)
Ranged longbow +3 (1d8/×3)

Hob1: 7/17
Hob2: 17/17

The civilians begins to move to the back door, two of them stopping to attempt first aid on Aubrin.

EDIT: Added Bors curse to Hob2 as I forgot.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Turning Bor focuses his attention on the Hobgoblin not suffering from the effects of his curse. "Focus on this one!" Bor focuses intently on the second Hobgoblin as he tries to confuse it's mind.

Concentration to avoid AoO DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
DC 16 Will save vs Lesser Confusion.

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ Shield of Faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith; Lesser Confusion (D)
Vision of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 2/2


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 3, Init 19

Move:
Stnd: Fight like a Bazsil!!!

"ATTACK ME! COME GET IT!!" Bazsil swings his sword again, trying to repay the strike that wounded him. @unconfused,uncursed hobbo.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 slashing damage.

Ah yeah...pot crit:
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 6/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/2 used
Lore: 0/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 3, Initiative: 3

Status:
HP: 4/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Watching the others do so well, Faolan tries his best to elevate his game….

StA: Shield Bash
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

He attacks whoever is still standing bashing his shield solidly on the big brutes frame. He's not as successful as Bazsil, but Faolan is satisfied he's at least contributing.

"Look at this one, picking on the birds!" He laughs and spits a wad of blood out of his mouth.

Shadow Lodge

By initiative order Faolan will drop one hobgoblin and Bazsil will cut down the other.

As the second hobgoblin falls you quickly drag the corpses to the side and assess the situation in the square. For now it seems your fight has gone unnoticed.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

As the tide shifts in the battle of the Taproot, Krowe wonders again if he’s dreaming. Nothing makes sense, but everything is suddenly seeming a lot more real.

Surprise! I was lyin about lyin.

Round 4, Initiative 16
Back Row
Opponent: None
MA: to Aubrin
SA: first aid or check pockets loose change?

Assuming flanking position
Talon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Talon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Talon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Krowe watches the eagle land atop the hobgoblin and begin pecking at its dead eyes. He wonders if it will turn on the innocents once it’s done.

Looking around he gasps as he notices others from the crowd moving to check Aubrin. Having believed her dead he wonders if that conclusion was premature and moves quickly to check on her.

”Does she yet draw breath?”

Shadow Lodge

One of the men looks up in surprise.

"Krowe! She breathes, but not for long I think."

You see that Aubrin is still breathing but with difficulty. There is a large hole in her chest and one side seems to be staved in. Without quick application of first aid or magical healing she's sure to die.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil breathes over the dead hobgoblins for a moment, catching his breath and almost wishing for more to come as he is still angry.

Balodek wrote:
"Krowe! She breathes, but not for long I think."

Bazsil's rage is disrupted by the words that the Aubrin may yet live. He moves closer to her and uses some of his rare magicalish energy to revive her.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 CLW

"If she lives, get her on her feet! We need to escape out the back!" Bazsil grunts, seeking to drag any other civilians out as well.

"We have to go! More will come!"

Shadow Lodge

Aubrin grunts in pain as she is lifted. The magic of Bazsil's healing has stopped the immediate threat but she is still badly injured. The rest of you see units of hobgoblins moving through the town, away from your position.

"It... it sounds like there’s an army outside the door. How did
they fall on us without being seen? These damn plains are so flat you can see an elk from two days off, let alone an army!"

She winces and presses her hands against the bloody hole in her chest.

"They sound large. Too large to fight on the ground like honest fools. We need to gather what we can, cross the bridge, and hide out in the Fangwood. I—I know a few secrets that may keep us safe. Should probably figure out how to take down the bridge while we’re at it, else they’ll just march themselves across before we have the chance to hide."


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan looks hungrily at the healing bestowed to Aubrin, but he says nothing for she needed it more than he.

He helps lift her up, "Then let's get moving!" he shouts with the joy at being alive after a tough fight. When she suggests they may be hiding for a time, he grabs what food he sees that can be crammed in his pack. And a bottle of wine or ale - whatever's portable - but food is the priority.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 (to grab portable foodstuffs)

He then heads out the back and looks for trouble before waving the others on. He runs behind them, always trying to stay between the group and the hobgoblins.

As they run, he wonders how they'll scuttle the bridge. "Does anyone have an axe?" As he runs, he looks for any axes lying about along their path. Some fight with such weapons, and he hopes to get lucky.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 (to find something to help take out the bridge as they run)


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe blinks in surprise as Bazsil heals Aubrin. He wonders what sort of man would hold back on healing himself when such power was available to him. "Can you do that again? Faolan looks to have taken a wound as well."

To Aubrin, "Your friend gave us the impression you might be some sort of priestess of Cayden. Is that true? Has he given you blessings of any sort that might help us?"

Regarding the bridge, Krowe points out something. "There is a crane just beside the bridge. Perhaps we can use it somehow to pull out some supports."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Going to wait to see if Bor has any healing to offer before blowing my last CLW on Faolan. He's pretty much a lost cause at this point and want to save my healing, just in case. ;)

Baszil tries to keep his head down as he counts the numbers of survivors. About how many we got, GM?

"Take out the bridge? That's a good idea, but might be tough. They will surely see us...unless..." Bazsil reaches into his pouch and draws out his singular alchemist fire. "Do we have any burning alcohol? No, not the ratpiss blackberry wine that is more milk sop than good for burning or drinking?"

Baszil does not have an axe.

He begins moving with the group, trying to keep them together and unseen.

Shadow Lodge

Aubrin nods, still clearly in pain and disoriented.

"I have some small measure of healing."

CLW Faolan: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

"I've more but we should see if any others are injured before I use the greater powers."

For the bridge, you recall that it is heavy stone and you are not likely to do much to it with an axe. The crane may handle it.

Before you get too far out the door, barely to the bar in fact, a dark haired woman steps forward.

"My name is Jet, I run this place. We've supplies in the basement and perhaps other useful items in the kitchen. Before we go running into the forest you should see if there's aught else we need. It's possible we can rescue some of the other folk as well, though we'll need supplies to survive out there."

Thinking on Jet's words as you run your gaze over the gathered villagers, you must quickly make a decision on your next course of action.

Krowe:

As a local you know that there are several shops in town with supplies that would be useful for those hiding from invaders. The blacksmith, trading company, and alchemist shop mentioned earlier would all be prime candidates for both useful supplies and knowledgeable craftsman.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe doesn’t like the idea of wasting an opportunity to get people out, but he can’t fault Jet’s logic. A group may escape the town, but without supplies they could face slow death by starvation and exposure.

”Thats a good idea, Jet.” Krowe nods to the innkeeper, then looks around at the others. ”Jet’s right. We can’t flee into the Fangwood without supplies. I need a few strong hands for that, but we also need some lookouts at the windows to watch the Legion, and some messengers to let us know if they start sending more hobgoblins this way.”
He quickly accepts volunteers, and recruits more if needed, then turns back to Jet.
”Can you handle things here? I think I’ll check to see if any other places in town have survived.” Krowe glances at Bazsil, Faolan, and Bor, wondering if they could help him make the run.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil feels the wound at his chest, decides that he's survived worse, and agrees to follow Krowe back into the town to retrieve stuff that might help.

"If you know where to find things, I can carry what I can carry. My backpack has room, and I know we'll need supplies," Baszil rumbles in his deep, resonating voice.

He looks ready to follow Krowe.

"Aubrin, can you keep these people safe if we go back? Faolan...your injuries...do you wish to stay and protect them?"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Wow! You guys went into lightning speed while I was sleeping. :) That is awesome.

@GM- Did I end up using my lesser confusion spell then?

The inn and running almost seemed like a haze of memories to Bor as he stumbled along. He pleads to his goddess in some way. "I saw what I wasn't supposed to and yet you watch over me. Why?"

With a moment to stop, catch his breath, and clear his muddled mind he finally notices how injured the others are and hears Krowe's plan of escaping into the Fangwood. "That might work. Though Aubrin is right we will need all the supplies we can get. Did anyone manage to grab the hobgoblin's equipment before we fled?" He looks around at several unarmed villagers and grimaces. Turning to Faolan and grabs the man by the shoulders. "We need you with us. I'll help your wounds as best as I can." Bor didn't even believe himself for he knew he was just putting an illusion over the real wound. But as long as the mind believed it so did the body.

Bor takes his vision back to a few moments before Aubrin and Faolan were grievously injured. Drawing upon the Veil his mind leaps forward and back to many different alternatives. Some where Aubrin is perched to the wall by the ballista bolt, some where Faolan and the rest of them all lie dead and the town ravaged. Bor hangs onto and grasps at the possibility of the fleeting vision of them peacefully around the hearth sharing stories. He knew they were few and far between as he mostly saw Death, but once in a while she would let him grasp onto hope.

Looking down the pair's wounds look to be minorly healed, or at least they think them to be, which is what is important.

Channel Pos Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2

He turns to follow Krowe.

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ Shield of Faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith; Lesser Confusion (D)
Vision of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 1/2


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Status:
HP: 11/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

”No Bazsil, you won’t get rid of me so easily!” Faolan chuckles, ”Aubrin here fixed me up a little, Bor topped me up, and I’m ready to proceed. I think it’s hazardous to stay any longer than we have to, but it sounds like we have to so let’s get moving.”

As Krowe organizes the rabble, he looks for the best paths to the places they need to hit. He joins the others in the pursuit of free gear, starting with the kitchen of the pub they were just enjoying before being so rudely interrupted.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"You would probably get hit less if you quick throwing your shield around like Captain Golarion." Bor hefts his heavy shield up to block his body. "Like this or you will get a head wound like this one." He nods to Bazsil.

Bor had a lot of questions for his companions. But they were for later. Like how did Krowe summon a flaming bird in the Inn? Now was a time of necessity and pure survival.

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ Shield of Faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith; Lesser Confusion (D)
Vision of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil nods at Faolan and smiles, his own wound smaller than before.

"Yes, we shall strike at them again, taking provisions from the town. Why not take another chance to bloody their noses as we go into the woods?"

He looks ready to follow Krowe.

Shadow Lodge

The crowd nods and Jet directs some of them to gather supplies from the basement while the rest quickly loot the hobgoblins and fashion a litter for Aubrin. Jet turns back to Krowe.

"If the hobgoblins find us here with two of their dead we're as good as dead ourselves. We won't be able to protect ourselves, better we should stay with you. We can help carry supplies and wounded."

Bor you can keep the confusion spell, at this level every slot counts.

Several of the villagers nod their thanks to Bor for healing their wounds (flying glass and wood, tables, one minor concussion, and a tooth ache that just wouldn't go away). Jet returns with a small pile of gear from the hobgoblins.

"Looks like they're already looting. We may be able to pull this off if they're distracted and divided. The fastest way to do this would be to circle the town and hit the temple, goods shop and blacksmith while the hobs are in the center, but I defer to your judgement."

Looking at the map you are at the North side of town. The temple is the gray building to the West, Blacksmith is the large Southern building, and the trade goods shop is right next to the market square on the East. Each of these would have useful supplies and you can hit them in any order or not at all, as you choose.

Looking out the door of the Inn briefly you can see that the Legion has broken down into small squads and are busy looting and guarding prisoners in the central square.

The pile of gear Jet brings you from the two dead hobgoblins includes:
Masterwork Backpack
Heavy Crossbow
20 bolts
10 masterwork bolts
8 potions of guidance (clearly labeled as such)

Wand Spellcraft DC 16:
Magic Missiles (11 charges)

Scroll Read Magic:
Divine:Calm Animals, Cure Light Wounds, Magic Stone

Dried goat meat
Sheep cheese
Jug of sheep milk (Sensing a theme here.)

The last 3 total to 5 Provision Points, which we'll explore more fully once the escape is successful.

The villagers are carrying supplies out of the basement but feel free to check yourselves, some of them are in shock and they may miss things.

The overall sense of things your characters get at this point is the lull in action between initial assault and full invasion. The confusion of the first wave looting while trying to wrangle several hundred people and chase those who've fled across the plains gives you the opportunity to gather supplies and flee before you're noticed.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

As Bor advises him how to use his shield, Faolan grins, ”Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.” He likewise nods to Jet’s plan. ”That’s sound advice, let’s head to the temple and see who we can save!”

Faolan circles wide of the city center, moving as quickly as he can toward the temple. He keeps an eye out for danger as he runs.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Do we need to track provision points, or are you? If we are, I’ll add ‘em to the treasure sheet for now.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil will read the magic on the scroll, and offer the scroll to Bor if he can use them. He will help others pack and carry the heavier items so that he is free to fight and run, as needed.

He nods at Faolan, and follows the man to the temple, his long-bladed sword in hand.

"To the temple."

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor grabs the scrolls. "These should come in handy." He says as he rolls them back up and stuffs them in his pack. Can use the CLW and Magic Stone.

Tossing the scrolls in his pack Bor grabs his shield. "Right behind you."

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ Shield of Faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith
Vision of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe takes a mental inventory of the items found double-checks the place just in case anything was missed.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

When a wand turns up among the gathered supplies he casts a spell to examine its auras. With a grim smile he slips the weapon into his belt. claiming wand of magic missile

Krowe then follows along with the rest of the group to the temple, though he does offer one suggestion.

”Phaendar has an alchemist shop. If we can, we should try to go there too at some point.”

Note about magic identification: Upon first finding magic items assume Krowe uses read magic or takes 10 with detect magic = 17. We may fail to learn about some items, but this will make identification move faster with low level magic items and reduce the need for so many spoilers.

Shadow Lodge

I'll track Provision for now, we can figure out how we need to track the whole thing later.

Krowe that works.

Krowe you see that they have carried out a barrel of water and other sundries, but your eyes catch little else of use.

The group moves as quickly and quietly as they can around town towards the temple. Hobgoblins battle with townsfolk in every direction, and from the sounds of battle, the whole of Phaendar is under attack. Bodies lie on the ground everywhere, run through by hobgoblin blades and left where they fell. A wolf howls in the distance, its eerie cry echoed by the screams of the dying.

You leave the civilians behind the temple and circle around to the front. A wooden deck surrounds the front of the octagonal structure with broad archways leading into the hall of worship. To its left stands a moss-encrusted stone monument. Carved birds, branches, and fruits decorate the wooden supports of the temple’s entryway. A dead villager is curled up on the wooden deck before the temple.

Be ye sneaky?:

Wolf Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Captain Golarion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Bazsil: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Bor: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Worrying the corpse you see a wolf buried muzzle deep in the man's stomach. Sensing your approach, the animal looks up at you and growls, blood dripping from it's muzzle.

Your approach is close enough for the wolf to be in move distance. Bazsil and Faolan can take a surprise action before the wolf notices you, however I didn't want to presume combat as your default action.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

hehehe, OK, cool. I already added a provisions table to the second page of the spreadsheet, but we don't need to use it if you're tracking it.

Round: Surprise

Status:
HP: 11/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Wolf
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

StA: Move

Faolan will wait too see what the priestess might do in this situation and he will not provoke the wolf. He will however spread out a little, moving forward and to the left of the wolf. He seeks a good charge lane for next round if no one can deal with it peaceably.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil isn't the quiet type. In fact, it's all I can do to prevent him from loudly tooting his own horn. But he's trying to be quiet.

Round Surprise

Move:
Stnd: Total defense.

Seeing Faolan move to the right left, Bazsil takes total defense and 5' steps up, seeking to engage them both.

"You will die here. Goblinloving scum," Bazsil issues challenge to the wolf.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 8/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/2 used
Lore: 0/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

Shadow Lodge

Initiative:

Baszil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Wolf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Appropriate I suppose.

As above the wolf snarls and prepares to attack when it sees you closing.

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Baszil
Wolf
Bor
Krowe

Wolf:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip)

Wolf 1:13/13


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1, Initiative: 21

Status:
HP: 11/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids, -2 from charge) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Wolf
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

FuA: Charge (move and Shield Bash)
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8 (charge) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Faolan, as is his nature, charges the wolf. He is concerned about time, and waiting for the wolf to leave is not an option. Tripping over his own feet, he nearly face plants at the creatures feet. He only hopes Bazsil does better...


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 1, Init 14

Move: Move to wolf.
Stnd: Kill wolf with long-bladed sword.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 8/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/2 used
Lore: 0/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

Shadow Lodge

Faolan's charge falls wolfully short and Bazsil's blade seems fit to follow until the animal is distracted by Faolan's fumbling.

Flat footed until you act in the combat is such an annoying rule but what's good for the GM is bad for this poor wolf.

The wolf attempts to return the favor by snapping at Bazsil.

Wolf @ Bazsil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Trip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Baszil
Wolf
Bor
Krowe

Wolf:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip)
Wolf 1:6/13


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Baszil grunts in annoyance as the wolf easily drags him off his feet. His sword nearly clatters out of his hands, but with two of them on the blade, he manages to keep his grip.

He looks to his companions to save him...


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 1, Initiative 9
Back Row
MA: shift for a clear shot
SA: crossbow at wolf
Current AC 16 (mage armor)

Crossbow - melee: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Krowe moves to the side and takes a shot at the wolf with his crossbow.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor grabs his shortspear from his back. Gripping it loosely in the palm of his hand he chucks it at the wolf.

Thrown Shortspear; melee: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 4 = 17
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The spear flits right over Bazil and sticks into the wolf's chest.

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ Shield of Faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith
Vision of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2, Initiative: 21

Status:
HP: 11/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Wolf
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

StA: Shield Bash
MvA: shift over Bazsil to protect him

Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Faolan tries again to redeem himself, as he swings at the wolf hoping to bash it away from Bazsil. If the wolf hasn’t dropped, he’ll then shift to stand over him providing him protection.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil ducks and covers from the barrage of death raining upon the wolf. Total defense.

You guys like me, you really like me.

Shadow Lodge

The wolf survives the crossbow bolt, if just. The spear that lances through it's ribs and pins it to the patio proves fatal, the shield that smashes in the head shortly after proves to be little more than overkill.

Breathing heavily in the sudden silence you hear the sound of wood being violently smashed within the temple and the sounds of hobgoblin cursing.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil gets up and shakes himself off, looking at the wound in his leg. HP 3/9. He dusts himself off and looks to the temple.

He looks to the scroll Bor carries and hope it can be used. Would prefer to use that over my last CLW that I can cast. If not, will cast my own.

When others are ready and after a quick scan of the man's possessions, Baszil is ready to move on.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan hesitates long enough for Bazsil to be healed, before rushing off to the church. "There may yet be innocents within," he suggests as he moves swiftly to the entrance.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Reloading his crossbow, Krowe calls for the survivors to quickly get out of sight in the temple.

To the mercenaries, he says, "Let's drag those corpses in as well. It wouldn't do for a hobgoblin to see his pet wolf dead in the street."

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

As the others drag the wolf away Bor digs out the newly acquired scroll and reads the words. The runes in the scroll turn white and red as they ignite the scroll in a magical blaze, turining the parchment to dust.

CLW : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

”Feel better?” He grabs his spear and loops it back through his pack, bringing his shield have around. ”We need to move quickly. ” Bor shields himself and rushes into the building.

Cast Shield of Faith


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil nods his thanks to Bor, his wound healt nicely. He will follow Faolan to the entrance.

Shadow Lodge

Wooden statues of both Erastil and Desna—both now chopped and marred by hobgoblin weapons—stand in their own alcoves in the northwest end of the shrine, while alcoves on either side serve as general shrines to the variety of other gods and spirits worshiped by the locals. A dozen human bodies lie scattered across the floor and pews, and have been left to rot as invaders go about tearing apart the building.

You see two hobgoblins within the temple. One is near the entrance and immediately moves to attack when you enter, the other has embedded her axe in the altar and is attempting to free it from the hardwood.

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Semfet: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Hobgoblin
Bor
Krowe
Semfet
Bazsil

Hobgoblin:

DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 17 (1d10+7)
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee longsword +4 (1d8+2/19–20)
Ranged longbow +3 (1d8/×3)

Hobgoblin1: 13/13

Semfet:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+1 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 19 (2d10+4)
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk battleaxe +3 (1d8+2/×3),
handaxe +2 (1d6+1/×3)
Ranged composite longbow +5 (1d8+2/×3)

Semfet: 19/19

Faolan is up.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1, Initiative: 22

Status:
HP: 11/13 | AC: 18 (f12/t13) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: Martial Flexibility (dodge 1/10r)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 3/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

MvA: Martial Flexibility to gain the Dodge Feat
FrA: Five foot step to close the distance (per DM)
StA: Shield Bash

Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Faolan learns how to dodge a little more deftly as he steps in and makes his usual swing. He's surprised when it actually connects with the hobgoblin! Smiling, he looks to the others as if to say, Look what I did!

Shadow Lodge

The hobgoblin spits out a few teeth and snarls at Faolan before swinging at him.

Hobgobling@Faolan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Faolan's defensive maneuvers prove too much for the legionnaire.

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Hobgoblin
Bor
Krowe
Semfet
Bazsil

Bor and Krowe are up!


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 1, Initiative 8
Back Row
MA: angle off to the side
SA: crossbow at semfet?
Current AC 16 (mage armor)

Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Seeing Bor about to get into things, Krowe says, ”Throw that spear again!” He then circles to the side and sights down his crossbow at the hobgoblin distracted at the altar.

51 to 100 of 3,468 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Balodek's Ironfang Invasion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.