Balodek's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Balodek

Ironfang Invasion GM'd by Balodek

Treasure Sheet

Refugee Camp Spreadsheet

Nesmian Plains

Chernasardo

Caves

Ruins

Current Battle


451 to 500 of 3,285 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"She was beaten to die slow and painful like. Most unpleasant way to go... We should bury her out of respect." he suggests, before the group moves on.

When they're ready to proceed, he agrees with making a wide circle to see what's going on before they get too close.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"At least the Hobgoblins weren't smart enough to know what this bag truly is."

Untrained Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

He frowns and takes Faolan's word for it. "Something just seems off. Somehow they were intelligent enough to spring some tower in the middle of town and yet the Hobgoblins are just out to kill, without taking the spoils of war? or even recognizing them as important?"

Shadow Lodge

You spend time burying the woman, finding an out of the way place to hide your presence. Faolan can tell she hasn't been dead for long and Krowe's warning of Legion scouts have borne swift and unpleasant fruit.

You travel a few more miles from the body and make camp for the night.

GM Rolls:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Whomever is on second watch please make a perception check.

Perception DC 15:

You catch sight of something white moving through the trees during your watch. Before you are able to wake your companions a large form moves out of the darkness. A heavily muscled white horse stands looking at you from the trees. As it snorts and moves swiftly back into the forest you catch a glimpse of the horn at its brow.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

I suppose I can be on second watch.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Faolan stands and stretches, looking around the camp and peering into the darkness beyond. Do hobgoblins see in the dark? he wonders hoping not, though he suspects they do.

He sits back down facing a different direction and peers into the blackness.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil wakes Faolan after his first watch and heads to bed.

”It’s been quiet. Let’s hope it stays that way. You’re up, Faolan.” Bazsil says before heading to bed.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"ZZZzzzzz.....ZZzzzzZZzzz....Hrummmph....ZZzzzzZZzzz....ZZZzzzzz" Bor tosses restlessly in his sleep as he awaits being awoken for third watch.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe starts awake, startled by a noise. Looking over at Bor, he nudges the man over to stop his snoring, then pulls his cloak close and goes back to sleep.

Shadow Lodge

Sorry guys, should've pushed this yesterday after Faolan's failed check.

You wake the next morning refreshed, your night undisturbed. Preparing for travel and concealing the signs of your camp, Bor spots some hoof prints in the soil at the edge of your camp. The prints appear a short distance from your camp and the prints leaving disappear a short distance away as well. The shape of the prints is not consistent with landing/take off.

Wondering how your people are faring in their first day without you you find yourselves eager to find the logging camp and find out what is happening so you can return.

Perception:

Bor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Bazsil: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Faolan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Krowe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Bor and Bazsil hear high pitched yips and thin, growling laughter coming from the clearing about 20 feet ahead.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"S!+#, I think we just found a patrol. They are toying with something again. Likely the group that killed the woman." Bor rushes ahead, drawing his shield as his faith in the veil aids him. He bursts through into the clearing, not caring in the least for his safety as it sounds like someone or something is being tortured.

Cast Shield of Faith and rush the clearing.

Status:

HP 14/14
AC 19 (21 w/ Shield of Faith; 23 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x1
Vision of Madness 8/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
CPE 2/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil barely has time to recognize the sounds before Bor goes running off into the clearing. He follows with sword drawn, readying his song of battle not that attempt at stealth are over.

Shadow Lodge

The roots of an ancient oak tree crisscross the ground like the tentacles of some subterranean beast. A shadow beneath the tree marks the mouth of a den dug deep into the soft earth. A tuft of pale gray fur clings to the edge of the hole, and a musky animal stink lingers in the air.

Bursting into the clearing you see a half dozen small blue creatures. 5 of them are swinging torches at a wolf while the sixth holds a small wolf cub by the scruff and lashes it with a branch. The creatures squeak in surprise at your sudden appearance.

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Blue Man Group: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Wolf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Turn Tracker
Bazsil
Krowe
Faolan
Wolf
BMG
Bor

You are on the far side of the clearing from the wolf, the cave is between you and off to the right while the blues are between you and the wolf. The one holding the pup is closest to the cave. Bor and Bazsil are one Move away from the blues and Faolan and Krowe are two.

Wolf:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip)
7/13

Blues:

DEFENSE
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+1 Dex, +1 size)
hp 3 (1d6)
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3
DR 2/cold iron
Weaknesses light sensitivity
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee dagger +0 (1d3–1/19–20)
Ranged dart +2 (1d3–1)
Special Attacks hatred
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st)
At will—prestidigitation
1/day—doom (DC 10)
3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

+1 for Blue Man Group.

Round 1, Init 12

Free:
Move: Skid to halt, stay put.
Stnd: Begin angry rant.

Bazsil enters the clearing expecting something he does not see. He takes a moment to absorb the situation...and when he does, angry words come to his lips.

"Blue men taunting wolf cub,
Given choice of side to pulls,
With blade and shield,
I side with the wolves."

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Words: 1/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1, Initiative: 11

Status:
HP: 24/24 | AC: 19 (f14/t11) (included: -1 from song) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Plant
- - -
Conditions: Song (+2 Str/Con, +1 Will, -1 AC, skill limits)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

MvA: Move nearby
Ready: Attack attacker.

Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 (song)

He accepts Baszil’s song, and though it clouds his mind a little, he still tries for parley first.

Faolan isn’t sure what to do. ”The wolves are likely hobgoblin pets, so maybe these blue guys could be allies. Or they’re just as evil and they’re both enemies. I just don’t know!”

He moves up a little, and tries to communicate with the blue creatures, ”I’m Faolan, and we’re enemies of the hobgoblins.” he goes on to describe them, in case they don’t know the word. ”...nasty brutish creatures that we kill on sight. Who are you, and what are you doing with those wolves? Are they with the hobgoblins? Are they nearby?”

He stays back a bit, but readies an attack if anything attacks him first. Otherwise he is content to chat.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 1: Initiative 12
SA: cast mage armor

”Anyone know what those blue creatures are?”

Krowe casts an armor spell and waits to see what develops.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil takes a moment to examine the creatures.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Know (Nature)

Question: Alignment? Aka tendencies? Aka are they torturing that pup?

Shadow Lodge

The blues turn their attention back to the wolf and attempt to bludgeon it further with their torches. Now that you've taken a moment to collect yourselves you see the animal is already badly burned.

BMG Beat Down:

Blue1@Wolf: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 111d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Blue2@Wolf: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (18) - 4 = 141d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Blue3@Wolf: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 4 = 21d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Blue4@Wolf: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (4) - 4 = 01d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Blue5@Wolf: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 61d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

The 6th blue beats the pup again, causing it to whimper in pain. You hear this echoed from the cave as the wolf snarls in rage and attempt to bite the foul little beast.

Wolf1@Blue6: 1d20 ⇒ 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Turn Tracker 2
Bazsil
Krowe
Faolan
Wolf
BMG
Bor

Wolf:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip)
5/13

Blues:

DEFENSE
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+1 Dex, +1 size)
hp 3 (1d6)
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3
DR 2/cold iron
Weaknesses light sensitivity
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee dagger +0 (1d3–1/19–20)
Ranged dart +2 (1d3–1)
Special Attacks hatred
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st)
At will—prestidigitation
1/day—doom (DC 10)
3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3

Bazsil Knowledge:

You recognize the creatures as mites, LE fey who consist mostly of puffy heads and foul intentions towards dwarves and gnomes. They are assuredly torturing the wolf pup, to what end you know not.

Bor Turn 1 and Bazsil, Faolan, Krowe Turn 2 actions.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 2, Init 12

Free: Continue verse.
Move: Move to pup burning mite.
Stnd: Swing from the heels at pup burner.

"Mites. Evil buggers," Bazsil growls. He continues his song as he moves to strike down the mite who burns the puppy.

1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14 slashing damage.

"Blue men taunting wolf cub,
Given choice of side to pulls,
With blade and shield,
I side with the wolves."

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Words: 2/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor skids to a halt as he was expecting hobgoblins to be torturing a straggler from town rather than these blue creatures and a wolf.

Bor tries to figure out what the hell is going on.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Delay until we see what they are and what their intentions are.

Shadow Lodge

Bor based on your Survival ranks and Sense Motive roll you believe they intend to kill the wolf and take the pup(s). The wolf is female and the hole is a wolf den, it's reasonable to assume the wolf is defending her young. You may take your actions in Turn 2 based on this knowledge, or jump in after Bazsil and before the Wolf in Turn 3.

Bazsil chops the creature holding the wolf pup in half.

Turn Tracker 3
Bazsil
Krowe
Faolan
Wolf
BMG
Bor

Wolf:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip)
5/13

Mite:

DEFENSE
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+1 Dex, +1 size)
hp 3 (1d6)
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3
DR 2/cold iron
Weaknesses light sensitivity
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee dagger +0 (1d3–1/19–20)
Ranged dart +2 (1d3–1)
Special Attacks hatred
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st)
At will—prestidigitation
1/day—doom (DC 10)
3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 0/3

Krowe and Faolan up.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"This is a wolf den. They are just defending themselves." Bor steps in front of the wolf pup to help defend it, drawing his spear in the process.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 2
SA: expend 1 arcane point to summon fiendish eagle

Upon Bazsil’s words Krowe nods and summons his blackbird to fight off the blues brothers.

Angry bird full attack
Talon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Talon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2, Initiative: 11

Status:
HP: 24/24 | AC: 19 (f14/t11) (included: -1 from song) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: blue creature
- - -
Conditions: Song (+2 Str/Con, +1 Will, -1 AC, skill limits)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

MvA: Move to target
StA: Attack blue creature.

Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 (song)

”How do we know this isn’t, you know, nature doing it’s thing?” he says uncertainly. Never the less, he rushes up and tries to knock a blue creature off the wolf with his shield though his heart is not in it which is reflected in his bad swing.

Shadow Lodge

With the pup holder cut down and the mites in disarray at your appearance, the wolf withdraws with her pup to the den entrance, growling viciously at everything.

The mites howl in anger at being denied their prize as the wolf withdraws and one of them is cut down by the flaming bird. The largest headed one points at the party and shouts, "They no take shinies!"

The remaining creatures throws their torches toward Bor and draw daggers.

Mechanically nothing happens to Bor, but there are now 4 Small torches burning between him and the mites.

Turn Tracker 3
Bazsil
Krowe
Faolan
Wolf
BMG
Bor

Wolf:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip)
5/13

Mite:

DEFENSE
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+1 Dex, +1 size)
hp 3 (1d6)
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3
DR 2/cold iron
Weaknesses light sensitivity
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee dagger +0 (1d3–1/19–20)
Ranged dart +2 (1d3–1)
Special Attacks hatred
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st)
At will—prestidigitation
1/day—doom (DC 10)
3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 0/3 0/3

4 mites remain. The wolf as well though she is out of the way/fight. Bor Turn 3 and then turn 4.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 3, Init 12

Free:
Move: Move to next mite.
Stnd: Swing from the heels at mite.

"Mites. Evil buggers," Bazsil repeats, glaring at Bor.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Words: 2/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 3, Initiative: 11

Status:
HP: 24/24 | AC: 19 (f14/t11) (included: -1 from song) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Mite
- - -
Conditions: Song (+2 Str/Con, +1 Will, -1 AC, skill limits)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

FuA: Attack mites.
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 (song)
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 (song)

Faolan doubles his efforts to bash the mites.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 3
SA: fire crossbow
Eagle: move and attack

”I’m not sure the wolves will thank us for this...” Krowe levels his crossbow and fires a bolt at one of the mites. His blackbird pounced at another.

Heavy crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 subtract 4 if mite is in melee
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9

Talon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor tosses his spear through the air and advances into the group of mites.

Shortspear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The spear wobbles through the air and the large man follows just behind it, cestus at the ready.

Shadow Lodge

The last of the mites dodges Faolan's first swing and begins to shout just as the backswing caves in its bulbous head.

"Mercy, I tell you where shiney hou..."

You stare at each other as the sounds of combat fade, surprised at how quickly you were able to down the vicious fey. The wolf continues to growl from in front of its den, but you now notice a rattle to its breathing. You're not sure it will survive the injuries received before you arrived.

Looking about for any other creatures you also see a bag sitting abandoned near you, most likely dropped by one of the mites during their attack on the wolf.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor holds out a hand to the wolf. "Any of you able to calm this thing down?" He wraps the bag around his foot and kicks it back to the others.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan will open the bag and check the contents, all the while eyeing the wolf.

"I'm not good with nature, but I suppose we could wait until she collapses from her injuries - then heal her and run." he grins at the thought, but has no better solution.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

"We have that scroll of calm animal, don't we?" Bazsil recollects. "But otherwise, we should back out and wait. I'd like to see what's in that bag, but also don't want to threaten the wolf."

Bazsil backs away carefully.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"I can heal it from here. I just don't want to provoke it into attacking us." Bor says as he slowly backs away.

Shadow Lodge

The wolf does not make any move towards you as you back away. The bag contains:

50 feet of spider silk rope
a bag of caltrops
a healer’s kit
clothing dyes
three bolts of cotton cloth
eight sewing needles
a pair of scissors
four spools of thread
a shaving kit
two potions of pass without trace
Medium +1 dagger
one boot from a pair of boots of striding and springing

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Seeing that the wolf is not advancing Bor grips his linked holy symbol underneath his scarf and a pulse from the veil ripples out over the injured wolf.

CPE: 1d6 ⇒ 6

He nods in appreciation to the beast, though Bor knows it can't possibly understand him. "Can't leave the pup alone in the wild here. It won't survive." He looks back as Faolan dumps the bag loose. "Anything good?"


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

After the wolf is healed and they get a little distance so as not to startle her into attacking, he shows the others the contents, "Mostly tailoring supplies, but a few things of note."

He distributes the items around and is ready to press on.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9
Bor Olrum wrote:
"I can heal it from here. I just don't want to provoke it into attacking us."

"That's really good. That's really really good," Bazsil deeply intones, pleased with Bor's solution and abilities.

"You know, I don't understand you yet, but you are useful and helpful and I am glad you are here," Bazsil says when the channeling is complete, clapping the man on the shoulder.

Bazsil needs none of the supplies, but will help carry it all.

"What do you think, guys? Are we getting enough small pieces to be able to rebuild or at least stay and fight? I'd like to worry less about basic needs and more about taking the fight to the gobbos."

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5
Baszil wrote:
"You know, I don't understand you yet, but you are useful and helpful and I am glad you are here,"

Bor is stunned by the outward compliment. Noone wanted him around. Noone. There was a group once....but they were just using him. That is what started his visions in the first place....The Massacre.

He doesn't know what to say.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe observes the mercs, listening to the knowledge and skills they possess, learning what he can in order to be more useful in the future. Though they are competent in the wilds they seemed to have neglected one thing that can tell them more than prints or animals.

Krowe checks the blue creatures, looking for one that still breaths, hoping that Bor’s magic may have saved one from death so that it can answer some questions.

”Bor, Bazsil, one was trying to say something. Help me check to see if any of them can be saved and interrogated.”

GM: any mites still breathing?

Shadow Lodge

Scrolling scrolling scrolling. Looks like the one you heard talk would still be breathing for a round or two. We can rule that you finished the rest off and let this one stay in range of the channel in order to question it.

The wolf immediately calms as the healing energy washes over her and the pup. She still watches you warily but edges the pup back into the den then stands vigilant at the entrance.

Waking up groggily the mite looks at the rope tied around its small arms. Assuming you use some of your rope or the rope you found in the bag. "You no kill, you give me to wolf now, humans?"


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil stops doing anything while he waits to see if Krowe's observation holds any truth.

One did? One of these evil piddlespotters?

mite wrote:
"You no kill..."

Bazsil's eyes cross with the words coming out of the mite's mouth.

"You *want* us to give you to the wolf? Did I hear you right?" Bazsil questions the mite after it is roped up and the party is well away from the wolves.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 Diplomacy

"What are you doing here, mite? Why are you bothering this wolf and her cub? And what about the shinies?" Bazsil tries to use the deep melody of his voice to entrance and secure cooperation from the mite.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor reaches out and touches the mite. "Speak quickly and tell the truth."

Vision of Madness. +1 Attack; -1 to saves and skills.

The mite's eyes turn a deep crimson as he is now able to see beyond the veil. The Truth. The ugliness, for a short time.

Bor points to the wolf. "Or you will be fed to the wolf."


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan watches as the others 'get tough' on the tiny mite. Poor little guy. he thinks to himself.

He stands off a bit and waits to see if the blue creature will talk.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”I think it’s abiltiy to speak the common tongue is very limited.” Krowe says, trying to understand the mite. He was going to threaten it with his blackbird, but Bazsil’s approach may yield more information in the long term, so he backs that plan.

”Are the shinies these objects?” Krowe shakes the bag they found nearby. Taking out the single boot, he asks, ”Or are the shinies with the other shoe?”

Diplomacy (aid Bazsil): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Shadow Lodge

It nods in fear, the oversized ears and mismatched eyes moving around in uncomfortable directions.

"All shiney, all shiney. You no kill and I tell where shinies. Promise?"


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe nods. ”We promise. Now show us.”

Shadow Lodge

"Show? No show, it not here. It that way."

The creature points deeper into the woods, northeast of your current location.

"House, lots of shinies. You get there easy."


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil nods, letting Krowe take lead on the negotiations. He follows, keeping his eyes open for traps and trouble.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Perception


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”Ok, lead then.” Krowe pulls the mite to its feet and ties a rope lead to its back, then urges it forward.

Krowe will hold the lead, but he’s definitely not the strongest man in the group.

GM: do we know how far the logging camp is from our current location?

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor follows the secured mite as Krowe walks it like a dog towards the proposed site. HIs mind wanders if he did the right thing or not. Of course he did these creatures were attacking a defenseless pup. Though perhaps they were simply trying to survive. The same as their group.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan follows the little creature to the 'shiny', but he fully expects a trap, and tries to keep a wary eye open for the same.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

451 to 500 of 3,285 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Balodek's Ironfang Invasion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.