Balodek's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Balodek

Ironfang Invasion GM'd by Balodek

Treasure Sheet

Refugee Camp Spreadsheet

Nesmian Plains

Chernasardo

Caves

Ruins

Current Battle


101 to 150 of 3,438 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Hearing about the spear Bor drops his shield to the ground and grabs it from his back. "That was a lucky shot last time." Bor follows Krowe to the Hobgoblin with his back turned and throws the shortspear.

Thrown Shortspear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

The spear catches on the altar near the Hobgoblin and falls to the floor.

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ Shield of Faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith
Vision of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

The woman at the altar snarls as the crossbow bolt hits her, then gives one final flex and pulls her axe from the wood. She moves up to support the other hobgoblin while drawing a handaxe from her belt.

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Hobgoblin
Bor
Krowe
Semfet
Bazsil

Hobgoblin:

DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 17 (1d10+7)
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee longsword +4 (1d8+2/19–20)
Ranged longbow +3 (1d8/×3)
Hobgoblin1: 3/13

Semfet:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+1 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 19 (2d10+4)
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk battleaxe +3 (1d8+2/×3),
handaxe +2 (1d6+1/×3)
Ranged composite longbow +5 (1d8+2/×3)
Semfet: 15/19

Bazsil and Faolan are up.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2, Initiative: 22

Status:
HP: 11/13 | AC: 18 (f12/t13) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: Martial Flexibility (dodge 1/10r)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 3/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

StA: Shield Bash
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Faolan concentrates on the hobgoblin in front of him, unless Bazsil has already taken it out by his initiative - in which case he’ll 5’ step and switch targets to the axe wielder.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 1, Init 4

Move: Move to most wounded foe.
Stnd: Fight like a Bazsil!!!

Baszil strides to a wounded foe...trying to take down foes quickly to make up for his slow actions.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 9/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 1/2 used
Lore: 0/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

Shadow Lodge

Bazsil knocks down the first hobgoblin and Faolan smashes into the axe wielder. Semfet snarls and prepares to strike Faolan down.

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Bor
Krowe
Semfet
Bazsil

Semfet:

6/19

It's on to Bor and Krowe to finish her off before she can act.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor rushes Semfet. He brings his cestus around an up underneath the hobgoblins chin as he backhands the brute.

Cold Iron Cestus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Don't forget about me goblin..." He smiles as he connects.

Current AC w/o shield is 18 (20 vs goblinoids)

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ Shield of Faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith
Vision of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 1, Initiative 8
Back Row
MA: reload crossbow
SA: Intimidate hobgoblin to demoralize
Current AC 16 (mage armor)

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Krowe methodically reloads his crossbow.

Speaking in goblin, ”This will be the last town you ever raid.”

Intimidate demoralize rules for convenience:

Demoralize: You can use this skill to cause an opponent to become shaken for a number of rounds. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If you are successful, the target is shaken for 1 round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC. You can only threaten an opponent in this way if they are within 30 feet and can clearly see and hear you. Using demoralize on the same creature only extends the duration; it does not create a stronger fear condition.

Shadow Lodge

Despite the punch from Bor the hobgoblin swings at Faolan, though slightly less sure of herself after Krowe's words.

Shaken successful.

Semfet@Faolan: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 2 = 21d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Semfet@Faolan: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 2 = 101d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Clearly dazed and cowed the woman misses completely.

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Bor
Krowe
Semfet
Bazsil

Semfet:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+1 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 19 (2d10+4)
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk battleaxe +3 (1d8+2/×3),
handaxe +2 (1d6+1/×3)
Ranged composite longbow +5 (1d8+2/×3)
Semfet: 2/19

Party is up.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 2, Init 4

Move: Scratch himself in a manly fashion.
Stnd: Fight like a Bazsil!!!

Baszil swings from his heels at Semfet.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 9/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 1/2 used
Lore: 0/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 3, Initiative 8
Back Row
MA: defer
SA: (if needed) magic missile
Current AC 16 (mage armor)

”Take her alive if you can. She might know something worth the effort.”

Krowe draws his wand and prepares to blast the hobgoblin if Faolan and Bor can’t take her down.

To the hobgoblin, ”You cannot escape. Surrender.”

Defer until end of round:

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 3, Initiative: 22

Status:
HP: 11/13 | AC: 18 (f12/t13) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: Martial Flexibility (dodge 1/10r)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 3/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

StA: Shield Bash
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3 (nonlethal) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

”Take him alive? Really? We don’t have that kind of time, unless you want to drag him with.” Faolan never the less attacks to subdue (nonlethal)

When he wiffs wide, he looks back at Krowe as if it's somehow all his fault.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”If more of the Legion is hiding in the Fangwood, I’d like to know about before running straight into their hands.”

Faolan, why take the pentalty to hit for nonlethal? Can’t brawlers choose lethal or non-lethal with their monk-like unarmed strike?


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12
Oberon Krowe wrote:

”If more of the Legion is hiding in the Fangwood, I’d like to know about before running straight into their hands.”

Faolan, why take the pentalty to hit for nonlethal? Can’t brawlers choose lethal or non-lethal with their monk-like unarmed strike?

"That makes sense, but do you think he'll talk to save his skin? And do we want to let him go now that he know's where we're going?"

Yeah, I could have done that, but Faolan is badly hung up on his shield. He'll get more flexible as he gets 'older'.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"Doesn't mean she has to be conscious." Bor punches the hobgoblin in the nose.

Cold Iron Cestus; flanking; nonlethal: 1d20 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

His cestus cracks hard into bone.

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ Shield of Faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith
Vision of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

The woman collapses as Bor's punch drives her to the ground. Looking around you see no other immediate threats, but you do see a bag sitting in the middle of the temple. Within you find:

Want of Magic Missile (12 charges)
Silver cup
Hand-sized darkwood carving of a butterfly
Three bottles of Oldlaw whiskey
100 gp worth of gold dust
27 small semiprecious stones
76 gp
Round ivory amulet engraved with Erastil’s bow-and-arrow holy symbol strung on a leather thong

K. Local DC 10 +5 for Krowe:

This amulet belongs to a local hunter by the name of Lirosa who hangs it here when she is in town.

How do you guys want me to handle room searches? I'm happy to post a spoiler with the DC but at the same time this means that no spoiler means nothing to find. Same with the bodies, should I assume you loot all bodies or take it case by case? Mostly I want to avoid a situation where you don't search a room because I've described some contents (such as the bag) and there may be more to find.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan watches as Bor takes down the hobgoblin with his cestus. Nicely done! Let's see what we can gather here, and quickly!"

Knowledge Local (untrained): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

He grabs the sack, likely loot the hobgoblins found, and searches for more useful things for the party at hand. He looks for a storeroom of some kind, or possibly more people, hidden away in some corner or other.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Ever observant, Faolan can't takes his eyes off the roving hobgoblins in the streets...

When I DM, I usually assume a take-10 search by the party in every room - unless there's a reason they're in a hurry. If they want to search further for whatever, they can roll and describe what it is they're searching for in particular, or how. That's mostly to keep things moving in PbP.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor bends down and begins to strip the hobgoblin of anything useful. He tosses each item to the side for Faolan to grab. "Anyone else in here?" He calls out.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Bor nods to Krowe. "Get the rope outta my pack if you want her alive."

I am fine with Take 10 on searches of rooms and such.

Shadow Lodge

Take 10 works for me.

Bor you find an alcove in the altar overlooked by the other looters.

150 gp worth of silver dust

Spellcraft 18:
Aegis of Recovery

Wand of cure light wounds (21 charges)

On the hobgoblins you find:

potion of cure light wounds (2)
alchemist’s fire (2)
padded armor
composite longbow (+2 Str) with 20 arrows
handaxe
mwk battleaxe
backpack
bedroll
blanket
mess kit
small tent
Provision Points (3)
3 gp
studded leather armor
light steel shield
longsword
longbow with 20 arrows

You see no other survivors in the temple after your search.

Pausing here for any other activities (tying prisoner, etc.) before we move outside, want to give Krowe and Bazsil a chance to post as well.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

+1 to Faolan's suggestion.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Know (local)

"Look at this," Bazsil holds up the round ivory amulet and smiles grimly. "Around town...I thought I noticed this amulet snuggled nicely in the bos--...uh...around the neck of that hunter lady, Lirosa. She was carrying around a nice rack, I tell you...of deer antlers. Probably for sale."

Bazsil pockets the amulet for the time being.

"I wonder if she made it out. Let's hope so."

He then sets to stuffing things of use/value into the masterwork backpack while others tie up the prisoner. Bazsil has rope, but no ranks in use rope.

Baszil grabs an alchemist fire...and if no one claims the composite longbow and arrows, he'll take those as well.

"Krowe!? Where to now? Do we drag the prisoner back or what? Where next?" Bazsil questions the one guy who might know things about town.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”The prisoner stays here, after a few questions.” Krowe replies to Bazsil.

While the survivors gather supplies Krowe asks Bor to help him tie up and drag the living hobgoblin to a side room for interrogation.

***

In private...

Krowe drinks one of the guidance potions, then wakes the hobgoblin with a splash of water, or a prod of wounds. If it’s really needed he’ll use one of the potions of Cure Light Wounds.

Once awake, Krowe stands over the hobgoblin, slowly cranking up the string on his crossbow, and loading it with a bolt.

”I’m going to ask you a couple questions, but first I need you to know I’m serious. We found some healing potions, so this won’t be permanent...”

Krowe aims his crossbow at the hobgoblin’s knee and prepares to hobble it.

Intimidate + guidance: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10

To speed this along, Krowe plans to ask the following questions: Is more of the Legion nearby? If so, where are they? Last, what is that tower?


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil comes over to help Krowe. He, too, prods the hobgoblin for information.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Intimidate to aid

"And I want to know how you guys got here without being seen or heard," Bazsil asks angrily.

Bazsil will use the wand of CLW rather than the potion to revive the hobgoblin, if necessary.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe’s hand shakes, his resolve uncertain. Bazsil’s deep voice helps, but he could use more backup.

I could make her rattle her bone box.

Krowe ignores the offer in his head, but just barely.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor watches as Bazsil picks up the wand of healing. "Good find. We will need that if we are going to escape. Don't waste any on there kind." He points to the wounded hobgoblin. "But we need to be quick before they find the survivors outside." Bor watches to see if Krowe's questioning gets anywhere with the goblin.

Bor grabs ahold of the creature's throat and looks it in the eye. "Perhaps a look into your future will help loosen your tongue."

Use Vision of Madness. Hobgoblin gets +1 to attack; -1 to saving throws and skills for 3 rounds.

The hobgoblins eyes turn a deep shade of crimson as his mind is opened to the many possibilities. Soon his pupils begins to shake in fear of the madness.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

"C'mon hobo, answer the man, and we'll be quick about it. Take your time, and so shall we." He tries to look menacing.

intimidate to aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Faolan will also take an alchemy fire if no one else does, and a potion of cure light wounds for emergencies. He gathers the provisions, leaving the padded and studded leather armor behind as being too heavy for the journey (unless one of the villagers wants it). He'll also take the hand axe.

I figured we'd each get two of the potions of guidance, so everyone please take two.

Shadow Lodge

Don't be afraid to use the villagers as pack mules for critical supplies such as weapons and armor. You can safely assume anybody you rescue is willing to carry extra gear up to their encumbrance rating.

Hobgoblin was at 2hp and took 6 nonlethal. For ease of record keeping and speed we'll assume one charge of the wand to revive her.

Boring GM Rolls:

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 - 1 = 12
BazSense: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
FaolanSense: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
BozSense: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
KroweSense: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The hobgoblin initially refuses to answer your questions and pretends not to understand Common, Faolan and Boz both catch on quite quickly that this is not the case.

Despite the crawling madness in her brain and the intense attention the hobgoblin refuses to reveal anything, spitting at you in Goblin.

"We are IronFang Legion, we do not break! Scabvistin will have your eyes, and your tongue, and your ears. You will know pain before you die!"

This is all you have time to learn before three humans show in the entrance. The woman in the lead sags in relief on seeing you.

"We heard combat and rushed to help. We passed Noelan on the way in and came to avenge him. There are more of us in the shack outside."


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Wand CLW: 20 charges now. I'll track the charges but have Bor(?) hold the wand.

Unless someone in the party has something more to do, Bazsil answers the spits with his long-bladed sword.

coup d'gobbo: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (4, 5) + 12 = 21

He turns his attention to the humans, pleased to see them alive.

"Yes, you can either come with us...or circle back to join with Aubrin. We will be there shortly. We have a few more places to look for survivors and supplies."

Bazsil looks at Krowe again.

"Where now does the Krowe fly?" Bazsil asks in a deep voice.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan nods as Bazsil does what is needed. As they have eager backs, he distributes the gear throughout the crowd, ensuring no one is encumbered - they need to move quickly.

Happy to take everything and sort it out later.

"Aye, we're headed to the goods shop next and, if the way is clear, to the blacksmith. After, we plan to hide in the wood. You can meet us there if you like, or join us now for greater numbers as Bazsil here suggests."


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe releases the trigger on his crossbow, relieved that some else would take responsibility for frontier justice. He nods to Faolan.

”That’s the basic plan, though I’ll add that we should try to stop at the alchemist as well.”

GM: where is the alchemist on the map?

Shadow Lodge

I misspoke earlier, the alchemist shop and Oreld's Fine Goods are one and the same. Also of note is that you will pass the blacksmith to get to the Fine Goods Shop. This is not to say you can't visit the Goods Shop and double back to the blacksmith, just making sure that's your plan.

The Chelish woman nods to the two men before turning back to you, sweeping honey blonde hair out of her eyes as she does.

"My name is Rhyna. The men will fetch the others and what goods we have in the shack. We'll join your group, there seems to be safety in numbers."

Once I have confirmation of the Fine Goods Shop or blacksmith next I'll proceed with that area.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”Wait.” Krowe holds up Faolan. ”If we make for the goods shop we will need to backtrack to the blacksmith, so let’s go to the blacksmith first.”

Is Rhyna a local? Does Krowe know her?
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Being a jeweler Krowe is probably familiar with the blacksmith if they do any decorative smithing.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"He's right." Bor looks back at the tower of black stone as he runs to the Blacksmith. "What do you think that is and how did it get here?" He chokes on a small bit of smoke from the burning buildings.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil urges Krowe to make a decision, disliking the dithering.

”Let’s go, Krowe. We don’t have much time.”

He is ready to move to the blacksmith.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

"Agreed, blacksmith first!"

Faolan readies his shield and heads back out into the streets, looking for the safest path to the blacksmiths - avoiding the town's center.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Shadow Lodge

Krowe you recognize the woman as Noelan's assistant.

The group from the temple joins the refugees as you lead them through the back street and outskirts of town. You encounter no immediate threat but Faolan's sharp eye alerts him to one patrol, allowing you to avoid the large group.

A signpost by the road announces the clapboard wooden shop and barnlike smithy sharing a single large, stone wall to be the Phaendar Trading Company. The smithy’s double doors stand open, revealing a large, still-glowing forge within. Two slaughtered goats and a dead horse fill an adjacent animal pen. Many fresh scratches and dents mar the trading post’s heavy wooden door, and a chair leg juts through one broken window. Small flames lick at the thatch rooftop where a red-hot iron has been tossed.

You see three injured hobgoblins in the main yard. They have not yet noticed you and are watching the main door of the trading post.

You may each act in the surprise round.

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Bazsil
Krowe
Bor

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor grabs his shield and moves in at the Hobgoblins to draw their attention. "Why does everything always have to go to s$*@?" He hefts his shield up to bash their skulls in.

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x2
Vision of Madness 6/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

After a question from Faolan I realized mapless doesn't mean descriptionless, so I'll do a better job of setting the scene.

The doorway to the courtyard leads to a 15 by 25 foot space. The hobs are 5 to 10 feet away from Faolan, and a move action through a doorway for the rest of you.

Bor's action still works.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: surprise, Initiative: 22

Status:
HP: 11/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids, -2 charge) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 3/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

StA: partial charge w/ Shield Bash
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 (charge) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
crit threat Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23 (charge) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Faolan worries that there are three of them in the small courtyard, and thinks of ways to use the area to avoid their blows. He charges up on the toughest of them and tries to bash him to death with his shield. After all the best way to avoid their blows is to put ‘em in the ground…

"The rest of you want a piece of this? Surrender now and we'll kill you quickly. Promise..."


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round of Surprise, Init 21

Bazsil debates blowing his horn to announce himself, but decides that he can't handle more than 5 or 6 hobbos on his own so it probably isn't a good idea...yet.

Instead, he gets angry, his face flushes as he sees the destruction. He steps forward to encourage his comrades, drawing a circle in the dirt with his long-bladed sword.

"Come comrades, we dine on goblin,
We spill their blood and take back what is ours,
Our blades are swift and strong,
None of them will live long."

Bazsil says the words again, each time his voice getting deeper and going from tremulous and angry and raging.

Yahoos, plz read spoiler.

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Surprise round - Initiative 17
SA: summon eagle

Krowe takes in the scene. Things are escalating quickly, and that red hot pan starting a fire is bad news. They needed to save the store.

What’s a little heat to a hellbird?

Krowe traces a symbol in the air and calls the eagle once more.

”Sessael.”

The blackened bird appears over the red hot pan, grabbing the item and pulling it a Au from the thatched roof.

Shadow Lodge

The hobgoblin in the rear goes down, it's skull caved in by Faolan. Krowe's eagle removes the burning ember from the wet thatch, though you can't be sure if the threat of fire has been completely removed.

Hobgoblin Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Bazsil
Krowe
Hobgoblins
Bor

For most of the Legion it will be a long night of looting and pillaging, for these two it will be shorter.

Faolan, Bazsil, and Krowe are up. With the use of the eagle to remove the ember I've lowered the chance for the flames to spread but the roof is still smoldering.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1, Initiative: 22

Status:
HP: 11/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: Song of Wrath (+2 str/con, +1 will saves, -1 AC), MF (dodge 1/10r)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 2/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

MvA: Martial Flexibility to obtain Dodge
FrA: 5’ step to next target
StA: Shield Bash

Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10 (song)

Having naught but ale to drench the flames (and not wanting to spare that!) he concentrates on silencing the hobgoblins. He accepts Bazsil’s aid, and tempers it by focusing on dodging the incoming blows. He then strikes the next one, hoping to end him as quickly as the first, though a part of him knows that’s very unlikely, particularly with his luck.

He swings wide of the mark.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 1 - Initiative 17
Back row
MA: direct eagle
SA: shoot crossbow
Current AC 16

Eagle claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Unsure if Baz’s song effects summoned monsters
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d8 ⇒ 3

Looking back at the survivors, Krowe says, ”We need a bucket brigade! Rhyna, can you organize it?”

Turning back to the fight Krowe gestures at one of the hobgoblins and the black eagle divebombs toward it. He then sights down at another hobgoblin with his crossbow and fires a bolt.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 1, Init 21

Move: Move into face wounded foe.
Stnd: Fail mightily.

Baszil swings from his heels at a hobgoblin as he repeats his refrain.

1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 9 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 9/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 1/2 used
Lore: 2/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Shadow Lodge

Faolan and Bazsil fail to injure their foe, and Krowe's crossbow flies similarly wide. The eagle manages to claw one of the hobgoblins.

Both remaining hobs turn and attack Faolan.

Hob1@Faolan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Hob2@Faolan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

SKR confirmed in 2014 that Raging Song will affect Animal Companions and Summoned Creatures so your eagle benefits.

While this occurs Rhyna and some villagers swarm to the water trough and gather the buckets there. In order to get to the roof they'll need time and fewer flashing blades, but they stand ready to act once the legionnaires are down.

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Bazsil
Krowe
Hobgoblins
Bor

Group is up.

Hobgoblin:

DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 17 (1d10+7)
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee longsword +4 (1d8+2/19–20)
Ranged longbow +3 (1d8/×3)

Hob1: 8/17
Hob2: 12/17

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor grabs out at the second Hobgoblin. His fist clenches around it's throat in rage. The bucket brigade behind him fizzles from his mind as the raging from the song takes over some more of his primal instincts.

Vision of Madness Melee Touch Attack; Flanking; Raging song: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 11

Though as he reaches out he only manages to grab ahold of the collar of the Hobgoblin as he jerks away.

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x2
Vision of Madness 6/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 2 - Initiative 17
Back row 

MA: grab wand 

SA: use wand
Eagle: full attack hobgoblin

Current AC 16

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Angry Bird Bite + Flanking: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Angry Bird Talon + Flanking: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Angry Bird Talon + Flanking: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Krowe pulls the wand from his belt and whip it toward a hobgoblin while his blackbird claws at goblin eyes.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 2, Init 21

Move: Move into face wounded foe.
Stnd: Swing mightily.

Baszil swings from his heels at a hobgoblin as he ends his refrain. Faolan gets it this round and that's it.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 9/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 1/2 used
Lore: 2/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2, Initiative: 22

Status:
HP: 6/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: Song of Wrath (+2 str/con, +1 will saves, -1 AC), MF (dodge 2/10r)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 2/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

StA: Shield Bash
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 (song)

Faolan takes the hit, and grimaces, spitting out a dollop of blood to the ground as he digs deep to try and counter. Sadly his luck continues, and he swings wide of the mark. Frowning, he waits for the response.

Shadow Lodge

Bazsil and Krowe successfully teach these two hobgoblins their final lesson, and the bucket brigade quickly springs into action to begin putting out the roof fire.

Looking at the trading post, the wooden shutters are closed and appear barred from the inside. Some piled furniture is visible through the windows, blocking it as an escape route. There are several bodies scattered about here, townsfolk and hobgoblins. Beside the three you killed there is a fourth near the open doors of the smithy. You would need to approach closer to determine more details of this fourth hobgoblin.

Waiting here for PC actions, as there are several things that could be done.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan will call out, hoping there are yet survivors barricaded inside. "Hail, let us in. We're gathering folks and heading to the forest for safety. Join us!"

Once he hollers however, he does not wait for a response, but goes to check the hobgoblin body as blood seeps from his injuries. He's concerned he might not yet be dead. If not, he'll make sure with a coupe de grace.

Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 6) + 10 = 22

101 to 150 of 3,438 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Balodek's Ironfang Invasion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.