Balodek's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Balodek

Ironfang Invasion GM'd by Balodek

Treasure Sheet

Refugee Camp Spreadsheet

Nesmian Plains

Chernasardo

Caves

Ruins

Current Battle


251 to 300 of 3,455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

The wolf howls as the missile hits it, snapping at Bor in anger.

Kur@Bor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Sadly it is distracted and misses.

Turn Tracker
Kergri
Krowe
Kur
Bor
Bazsil
Faolan

Kergri:

Defense
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 27 (3d10+6)
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. fear)
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk cold iron scimitar +6 (1d6+2/18–20)
Ranged mwk light crossbow +6 (1d8/19–20)
HP 27/27

Kur:

Defense
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 17 (2d8+8)
Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +3
Offense
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +4 (1d6+4 plus trip)
HP 10/17


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 3, Init 7

Free: Seethe at the injustice here.
Move: Move to wolf.
Stnd: Swing like a swing.

Bazsil attacks with wolf with his long-bladed sword.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 8/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 1/2 used
Lore: 9/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2, Initiative: 9

Status:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 18 (f12/t13) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) (included: +1 from dodge) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: wolf
- - -
Conditions: Dodge Feat (1/10r)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 1/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

MvA: Martial Flexibility to obtain Dodge
StA: attach the wolf!

Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 (flank) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Faolan taps his inner skills to make himself a little harder to hit as he continues to press the wolf. Though with these rolls he impresses no one...

Shadow Lodge

Traveling for a one day conference tomorrow, I'll post some actions now and Bor can work his in.

Seeing the struggle with the wolf several villagers move up to assist.

Bazsil and Faolan receive +2 to their next attack.

A few more move to cover Krowe.

+2 to AC.

Kergri fires at Krowe again, attempting to end his magical threat.

Kergri@Krowe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d8 ⇒ 6

The bolt misses both Krowe and some of the civilians who have begun to press up behind him in fear.

"Come on Bazsil, you trying to kill that wolf or court it!" Aubrin shouts.

Turn Tracker
Kergri
Krowe
Kur
Bor
Bazsil
Faolan

Kergri:

Defense
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 27 (3d10+6)
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. fear)
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk cold iron scimitar +6 (1d6+2/18–20)
Ranged mwk light crossbow +6 (1d8/19–20)
HP 27/27

Kur:

Defense
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 17 (2d8+8)
Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +3
Offense
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +4 (1d6+4 plus trip)
HP 10/17

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Yup, sorry I am only able to post about 1-2 times at night for next couple of days. I had to fly up to the 'bad' area and fix a few things. Internet is sketchy but it works in one spot for 180.00 a month at 1.5 mbps. Should be back to relative safety and normalcy in next few days.

Bor reaches out for Kur and misses the mangy mutt. Though seeing the true threat he pushes past the wolf and rushes Kergi.

Vision of Madness Melee Touch Attack; flanking: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11

Vision of Madness- For 3 rounds the wolf gets +1 to all skill checks and -1 modifier to all attack and saving throw rolls.

SA: Vision of Madness Kur
MA: Move to Kergi, likely provoking from Kur.

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ shield of faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x3 ; Lesser Confusion
Vision of Madness 1/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 0/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

No worries Bor, do what you can and stay safe.

AOO@Bor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Turn Tracker
Kergri
Bor
Krowe
Kur
Bazsil
Faolan


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 3 - Initiative 19
MA: none
SA: use wand

”We don’t have time for tag Bor!” Krowe calls out. ” Just hit him!”

Pointing his wand, Krowe follows his own advice, switching to the hobgoblin.

Magic Missile (5 charges remaining): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Shadow Lodge

As magical energy flies past Kur and into Kergi the wolf continues its assault, switching to Faolan now that Bor has fled.

Kur@Faolan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Turn Tracker
Bor
Kergri
Krowe
Kur
Bazsil
Faolan

Kergri:

Defense
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 27 (3d10+6)
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. fear)
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk cold iron scimitar +6 (1d6+2/18–20)
Ranged mwk light crossbow +6 (1d8/19–20)
HP 23/27

Kur:

Defense
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 17 (2d8+8)
Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +3
Offense
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +4 (1d6+4 plus trip)
HP 10/17

Bazsil, Faolan, and Bor are up.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 3, Initiative: 9

Status:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 18 (f12/t13) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) (included: +1 from dodge) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: wolf
- - -
Conditions: Dodge Feat (2/10r)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 1/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

StA: attach the wolf
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18 (flank) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Deftly avoiding the snap of the wolf, Faolan tries to bash it back.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Man, this is one heck of a low rolling fight here. Wow. We are awful. On both sides of the dice.

Round 4, Init 7

Free: Seethe at the injustice here.
Move: Move to wolf.
Stnd: Swing like a swing.

Bazsil attacks with wolf with his long-bladed sword.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 8/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 1/2 used
Lore: 9/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor reaches out for Kergi's hand. "His sight will be disrupted as the veil leaves his eyes."

Vision of Madness Melee Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Vision of Madness- For 3 rounds Kergi gets +1 to all skill checks and -1 modifier to all attack and saving throw rolls.

Bor grabs ahold tight as he drags the hobgoblins wrist in. "You won't forget this. That I promise you."

Status:

HP 9/9
AC 18 (20 w/ shield of faith; 22 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x3 ; Lesser Confusion
Vision of Madness 1/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 0/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

Faolan's shield slams into the wolf while Bor successfully invokes madness against the hobgoblin. The warriors attempt to drop Kur and allow Faolan and Bazsil to assist Bor.

Villager1@Kur: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 121d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Villager2@Kur: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 211d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Kur goes down as the longsword slices into his neck.

Kergri drops her crossbow and draws her scimitar, slashing at Bor.

Kergri@Bor: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Turn Tracker
Bor
Kergri
Krowe
Bazsil
Faolan
Villagers

GM Stuff:

1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 10 = 10

Kergri:

Defense
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 27 (3d10+6)
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. fear)
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk cold iron scimitar +6 (1d6+2/18–20)
Ranged mwk light crossbow +6 (1d8/19–20)
HP 23/27

Team LowRoll is up!


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 6, Init 7

Free: Seethe at the injustice here.
Move: Move to gobbo.
Stnd: Swing like a swing.

Bazsil, frustrated by his recent swings, takes a breath to focus, then swing.
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 8/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 1/2 used
Lore: 9/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe climbs to his feet and uses the wand again.

Magic Missile (4 charges remaining): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 4, Initiative: 9

Status:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 18 (f12/t13) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) (included: +1 from dodge) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: wolf
- - -
Conditions: Dodge Feat (3/10r)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 1/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

MvA: close up with the hobgoblin
StA: attack the hobo

Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8 (flank) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Faolan tries to do as well as Bazsil, but falls short.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor punches at the hobgoblin but his fist falls short as the goblins blade pierces his lungs.

CI Cestus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Status:

HP 3/9
AC 18 (20 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x3 ; Lesser Confusion
Vision of Madness 1/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 0/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

Bazsil crushes ribs with his mighty blow. Unfortunately the seething vigour of his swing causes everybody else to duck, missing their own strikes.

Kergri attempts to finish Bor off before dealing with this latest madman.

Kergri@Bor: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The villagers peel off to the shack.

"There's two more in here!"

Several of them prepare for the next wave of hobgoblins while the rest of the refugees pile towards the bridge.

Turn Tracker
Bor
Kergri
Krowe
Bazsil
Faolan

Kergri:

Defense
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 27 (3d10+6)
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (+1 vs. fear)
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk cold iron scimitar +6 (1d6+2/18–20)
Ranged mwk light crossbow +6 (1d8/19–20)
HP 7/27

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor collapses to the ground and begins to bleed out, before he even knows what happened to him.

Con check DC 10: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 4 = 4

He stares up at the red tinged sky as the shadow hovers over the moon. It's evil eyes turn to him as the black creature smiles. The runic tattoo on his arm burns and welts his skin as it slowly bleeds.

Status:

HP -5/9
AC 18 (20 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x3 ; Lesser Confusion
Vision of Madness 1/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 0/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 3 - Initiative 19
SA: use wand
MA: get scroll of infernal healing

”Damn.. damn!” Krowe curses their luck upon hearing about more hobgoblins. Gritting his teeth he blasts the one on the bridge again. He then grabs a scroll from his bag, hoping he’s in time to help Bor.

Magic Missile (3 charges remaining): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 7, Init 7

Free: Seethe at the injustice here.
Move: Move to strike.
Stnd: Swing like a swing.

"Don't ignore me! I'm right here!" Bazsil attacks the hobgob with his long-bladed sword.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 8/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 1/2 used
Lore: 9/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Shadow Lodge

Bazsil and Krowe drop the hobgoblin where she stands, her blade narrowly missing Bors a final time. As the villagers move up Aubrin channels healing energy into Bor and any others injured.

Wolf and hobgoblin remain dead.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

As villagers stream past you're left deciding how to take out the bridge before reinforcements arrive.

Three villagers are waiting by the door to the shack, the hobgoblins inside haven't opened the door yet. You'll have 5 rounds for everybody to cross the bridge.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Status:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 18 (f12/t13) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) (included: +1 from dodge) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: wolf
- - -
Conditions: Dodge Feat (3/10r)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 1/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Faolan breathes heavily as the hobgoblin falls. Scarcely missing a beat he says, ”We might find supplies we need in that shed. Let’s clear out the hobgoblins and see what there is while the people cross.” he looks to Bor, ”You going to be OK? Take a potion and join us, quickly!”

He rushes to the shack, raises his shield, and prepares to open in when folks have caught up.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe hurries to the side of the bridge near the shack and looks over the edge, trying to get a good look at the wooden reinforcement support taking the place of the keystone.

I'm wondering if the crane is going to be needed to remove the temporary supports, or if some well-placed alchemist fire will do the job. Also, not sure when the skill check is required bridge demolition, but Krowe will take a potion of guidance before making a decision on a plan.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Ok, Made it back south once again. Though I will be heading back again real soon due to current events.

As Aubrin's magic takes hold Bor's eyes open and he weakily makes his way to his knees. Digging around for a potion Bor drinks the contents.

Potion of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Feeling slightly better Bor stumbles around to the shack with the others. He blinks his eyes but can't shake the feeling of him still being watched by those eyes. Those eyes he has not forgotten for some time now.

Status:

HP 6/9
AC 18 (20 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x3 ; Lesser Confusion
Vision of Madness 1/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 0/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil pauses for a moment to make sure that Bor gets his feet back, admiring the man's bravery to enter combat, weaponless, and just trying to touch the foes.

He's either crazy or mad. Or both. But brave.

Bazsil moves to the shed, following Faolan, his blade still in hand.

"Let me open the door," Bazsil whispers as he gets into position. "We'll kill the gobbos, then take down the bridge on our way out."

Bazsil will begin a cheerful refrain as *he* opens the door when others are ready.

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Shadow Lodge

Sorry for delay, travel colds are the worst.

Krowe looking at the situation your two best methods of taking out the bridge would be the crane or the stump remover you recovered from the alchemist shop.

Bazsil opens the door to find two hobgoblins in the cramped shack. Clearly they were to be keeping lookout and just as clearly they had decided to sleep on the job. Ready for action they spring forward, one hobgoblin moving out of the shack and the other striking from around the doorway at Bazsil.

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

The hobs won initiative but you guys were readied for them. RAW you can't Ready outside of combat but I see no reason you wouldn't get to strike at them. I will post their actions but Faolan, Bor, and Krowe may all take a surprise round action first.
If that drops Hob1 then Hob2 will step out fully and strike Baz instead of Hob1.

Hob2@Bazsil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Bazsil will have cover around the door.

Hob1 Lives:

1d3 ⇒ 3

Hob1@Bazsil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The hobgoblin in the middle of the group will also strike at Baz.

Turn Tracker
Hobgoblins
Bor
Krowe
Bazsil
Faolan

Hobgoblin:

DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 17 (1d10+7)
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee longsword +4 (1d8+2/19–20)
Ranged longbow +3 (1d8/×3)
Hob1: 17/17 Hob2: 17/17

Bor, Krow, Faolan please post surprise round actions and then all of you will get your full actions.

Sorry for the confusing flow, trying to make up for missing yesterday.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: surprise, Initiative: 4

Status:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 1/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

SuA: Swing on hobgoblin
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Faolan takes his shot, hoping they’ll drop a hobgoblin before it even has a chance to swing.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”Get that stump remover over there!” Krowe directs the refugees carrying the alchemical device to the wooden keystone.

He then whips his wand toward the hobgoblins in the doorway.

Surprise Magic Missile (2 charges remaining): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Round 1 Magic Missile (1 charge remaining): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Seeing the Hobgoblin's Bor steps in and punches at one with his cestus.

CI Cestus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Just before he is about to make contact he grabs his ribs. "Sonuva.." His broken rib digs into his lungs. If something doesn't get fixed soon he could have a full blown pneumothorax type of situation on his hands.

SA: Move
SA Rnd 1: Attack

Status:

HP 6/9
AC 18 (20 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x3 ; Lesser Confusion
Vision of Madness 1/8
Sudden Shift 7/8
CPE 0/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 1, Init 6

Free: Continue song.
Move: Move to Hobbo 1.
Stnd: Swing like a swing.

Bazsil attacks hobgob 1 with his long bladed sword, his deep voice's song fading after this round.

1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 14 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 9/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 1/2 used
Lore: 11/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Shadow Lodge

The first hobgoblin survives the assault, if just. He goes down to Krowe's second missile and his companion continues to swing at Bazsil from the safety of the doorway.

Hob2@Bazsil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Turn Tracker
Hobgoblins
Bor
Krowe
Bazsil
Faolan

Hobgoblin:

DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 17 (1d10+7)
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee longsword +4 (1d8+2/19–20)
Ranged longbow +3 (1d8/×3)
Hob2: 17/17

The villagers move the stump remover to the bridge, though they lack the skill to know exactly where to place it and how to set it off.

With the notes you recovered and the bridge plans you've found I need whomever activates the stump remover to make a Craft (Alchemy) roll with +7, DC 18 and 3 rounds of work to place correctly. After that you'll have 5 rounds to cross.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Is this a special one time use as untrained or do you need to e trained in Craft (Alchemy) still?


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1, Initiative: 4

Status:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: hobgoblin
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 1/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

I think anyone can make most (maybe all?) craft alchemy checks untrained though Faolan has no skill.

SuA: Swing on hobgoblin
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Faolan does his best to land a blow on the fresh hobgoblin. ”We’ve got to get that bridge down!” he shouts obviously.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Seeing the villagers confused Bor knows what to do. He had found and read over the plans, though now he had to put the odd piece of machinery to work.

"Hurry, this bridge will come down quick."

Bor turns and withdraws towards the villagers as he stows his shield on his back.

Withdraw to bridge with Villagers.

Shadow Lodge

Bor Olrum wrote:
Is this a special one time use as untrained or do you need to e trained in Craft (Alchemy) still?

This is a special one time use of Alchemy untrained as a result of having read the instructions that came with the stump remover. Success means the stump remover will bring down the bridge. Failure means it will also bring down the bridge. ;)


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 2, Init 6

Free: The song is ended.
Move: After swinging, move 20' over bridge.
Stnd: Swing like a swing.

The blow from the hobgoblin seems to take the wind out of his voice, and the song of war falters, then ends. He attacks hobgob2 then moves back to the bridge, trying to get over while leading a rear guard retreat.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22 to hit; (+flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 2/9
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 1/2 used
Lore: 11/11 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Shadow Lodge

The hobgoblin is shocked as Bazsil connects with it. While the half-elf attempts to extract his sword from its first victim, the refugees continue to stream past Bor.

It will take Bor 3 turns to setup and prime the stump remover. The refugees will be over in that time. Where will the other 3 setup? On the town side of the remover or the forest side. Setting up on the town side means you may be cut off if the remover blows early. Forest side means Bor is vulnerable to any interruptions from Legion forces.

Aubrin extols the virtue of Bor's warning.

"Move people, let's go!"


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Injured and moving slowly, Bazs casts CLW on himself, while limping to the far side. He does not want to get caught on that side of the bridge and blowing the bridge is less important now that the villagers can escape into the forest (which is a bad option as it is).

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 CLW

"C'mon, we can't all wait here."


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Can you describe again what the bridge is over? In other words - is there any way across without the bridge?

Faolan stands by Bor, guarding him from the town side. "Hurry man, I doubt we have much time and we don't want them coming over in force to hunt us!" he is a little nervous and tries to hide it as he doesn't understand just how big an explosion might follow.

Shadow Lodge

The bridge crosses a very large and fast river. By taking it out and hiding in the forest you will give yourself much needed breathing room. All other directions from the town are plains and you would be quickly run down.

As the last of the villagers and Bazsil flee across the bridge Faolan hears the howl of wolves and hunting horns growing louder.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan looks back, "Bor, we're running out of time! Wolves!"

Though he can't help, he yearns to try. He hoists his shield and readies to buy him time.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil wonders if there is a way to help. If there is, he will. If there isn't, then he readies on the safe side of the bridge to stop whatever hobgoblins come, trying to buy time for the villagers to flee. He draws a line in the dirt with this blade, daring the hobgobs to come...but also hoping the bridge falls first.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe moves to the stump remover. ”Everyone get to across. I’ve got this, but I’ll need some things we’ve found. Bor, Bazsil, light up some smoke sticks while I grab some potions.”

Plan to drink potion of guidance, potion of invisibility, break a couple smoke sticks for additional cover to conceal the stump remover.

With his intelligence, notes, and guidance, Krowe has a +11 bonus. Can he take 10?

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor gladly hands the stump remover to Krowe. "All yours." Waving his arms Bor begins to guide as many survivors past as he can. "This way. THIS WAY! HURRY!" He grabs a child and holds the boy underneath his arm.

Bor tries to see where he can help as Krowe begins drinking potions.

Craft Alchemy Aid Another: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"That spot there looks weak!" Bor points to the keystone.

Shadow Lodge

Taking 10 fits with the intention of the rule. That plus your precautions means you have succeeded.

Under cover of smoke and invisibility Krowe sets the stump remover and activates it. As he does a hobgoblin with two wolves arrive at the bridge. With a barked command the wolves are set running across the bridge while the hobgoblin moves more cautiously into the smoke.

With Krowe's smoke and positioning the stump remover is hidden. It hasn't gone off yet and you'll need to hold the bridge until it does. Krowe you estimate you have 30 seconds until it explodes.

Faolan provides rearguard while the bridge is cleared. Bor hurries the last of the villagers past the bridge, handing the children off and joining Bazsil and Faolan at the line. The wolves stop as they clear the smoke and see your stand at the end of the bridge. The villagers behind have moved a short distance, several warriors guarding them.

Aubrin is nearer, close enough for you to hear her.

"This is it heroes, we hold them here or it's all been for nothing."

She sends her last wave of healing into the group before combat is joined.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Wolves: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Bor
Hobgoblin
Bazsil
Krowe
Wolves

The wolves are 20 feet away. The bridge spans roughly 90 feet and the stump remover is set at the midpoint. The bridge is 30 feet wide at the end where you are defending. Krowe with your invisibility you will have no issue slipping past the wolves.

Hobgoblin:

DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 17 (1d10+7)
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee longsword +4 (1d8+2/19–20)
Ranged longbow +3 (1d8/×3)
Hob1:17/17

Wolf:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip)
Wolf1:13/13 Wolf2:13/13

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Guess I am a bit confused on where we are currently. Are we on the safe (Forest) Side of the bridge and defending until the stump remover does it's job or are we on the town side and need to push to the forest side?


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

"Come heroes, this is where we hold the line!" Bazsil intones in a deep, rumbling voice. He holds his long bladed sword in two hands, his legs ready to move or spring as necessary. "We hold here! No steps back!"

C'mon Krowe! Do your thing!

Shadow Lodge

Sorry, you are on the Forest Side and defending. The stump remover is in the middle and hidden by smoke. The hob and wolves came from the town side and crossed the bridge while Bor and Faolan covered the rear of the refugee train and Krowe went super stealth mode. Krowe is still in the middle of the bridge.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1, Initiative: 22

Status:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: wolf
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +1, Str +4 Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +1, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 1/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 0/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

ReadyA: Swing on wolf
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Faolan holds the line against the wolves. He cannot see Krowe through his invisibility, but he hopes he finds his way off the bridge before it blows. In the meantime, he prepares to try and smack down a wolf when it closes (readied action).

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"Back off the bridge before it blows!" Bor calls out as he moves to the edge, drawing his shield. He stands next to Bazsil, hoping the others can make it in time.

251 to 300 of 3,455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Balodek's Ironfang Invasion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.