Balodek's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Balodek

Ironfang Invasion GM'd by Balodek

Treasure Sheet

Refugee Camp Spreadsheet

Nesmian Plains

Chernasardo

Caves

Ruins

Current Battle


351 to 400 of 3,294 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

"Hail, Eldran," Bazsil offers greeting in a deep and resonating voice. "You've found friends here. Come. We march to safety. Come with us. We're not out of the woods yet, but we're together...and that means something."

Bazsil waits for Eldran to take stock of things, then presses on with a few more questions.

"Tell me more about that bugbear you saw? Sounds like a scary thing."

Bazsil continues to try to get the man calm and inclined to do the right thing

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Diplomacy

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor nods. "We should be to safety soon." His face turns to a grimace. "That is to say well...we don't quite know how far the Ironfang's reach is yet. But one day at a time."

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Satisfied nothing is currently chasing him Faolan relaxes a bit. When it's clear the others have it well in hand, he moves back to the front of the line, watches for danger, and waits for the column to be ready to move on.

Something in the back of his mind though worries him about this man. The hobos did take the town awfully fast. And that tower is a thing. What if they had spies helping them? He shakes his head at the foolishness. Who would work to destroy the town? Where's the money in it? Pillaging I suppose, but this guy doesn't look like he could enforce a deal with hobgoblins. He's harmless...

Shadow Lodge

The march picks up again as Eldarn continues to talk.

"The bugbear? A huge, terrible beast. Fangs like you've never seen and he was covered in scars and scabs. That's really all I saw. How did you all escape? Looks like a lot of you, I'm surprised you got away. Don't suppose any of you have some spare healing aye?"


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil nods and tries to imagine a bugbear face up and then just shakes his head. He'd like to believe he'd stand his ground and fight back, but you never know until you're there. That this man lives to tell the tale shows Bazsil that he might also live. And that's good.

"C'mon Eldarn, let's get moving. If Aubrin or Bor can't patch you up, then I'll do it myself," Bazsil offers as he wants to keep the party moving.

Baszil decides that, given the presence of Faolan and Bor, he's okay walking with his bow in hand rather than his sword for this trek through the wild.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe lets his companions finish questioning Eldarn. He's still suspicious of the man and his miraculous escape. As one who survived miraculously himself he wonders what the man might have done to make it out of Phaendar alone.

"The woods are a dangerous place. He could still meet with an unfortunate accident. I might have a few suggestions."

Krowe puts on a grim smile and nods to Eldarn in welcome, though behind the smile he grinds his teeth.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Seeing that most of them are still wounded Bot silently communes with his Goddess. "The Endless One will see to it." A small, cool breeze whips through the trees giving the entire group a renewed spirit and healing their wounds.

Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Shadow Lodge

The group smiles at Bor as the healing energy flows over them, removing the small injuries suffered so far. You continue your trek through the forest with little stealth but renewed purpose. After a few more hours a break is called and the group hunkers down as best they can. Aubrin and Rhyna approach your huddle.

Rhyna starts with a nervous smile, "The group is handling this well, no serious injuries so far and we've got most of the load distributed. There is a boy, David, who fell in with us. His parents aren't with us so we've got some of the others watching out for him."

Aubrin waits for any questions of Rhyna before speaking.

"I'm worried fellas. The Rangers patrol this area of the Chernasardo and they haven't contacted us. I don't like the idea of taking these people into more danger. They hid their base in a hidden gully a few miles from here. Maybe after the break. You'd be willing to go on ahead and scout it out? The Rangers won't attack you and you can tell them. I sent you."


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

"Thanks for the healing Bor." He's glad for the top-up.

Later Faolan talks to Aubrin saying, without conviction, "I'm sure they're just out rangering or something. It's a good idea though. Rest here a while longer. We'll see what there is to see and return."

He carefully unpacks his extra load of food and supplies, making a little mound. He checks his remaining gear and prepares to set off.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil agrees with the need for caution, hoping the rangers weren’t also taken out. He follow Faolan and heads in that direction.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor follows close behind. Once out of earshot of the main group he voices his opinion. "Either they are out patrolling or the Ironfang Legion struck this far out. If that is the case, then Nirmatthas doesn't stand a chance."


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

"There is only one way to find out." Krowe says. He casts a spell to armor himself follow the others.

Mage Armor - 2 hour duration

Shadow Lodge

You leave your excess gear with the camp and move towards the gulley following Aubrin's directions. The forest grows thick here, trees pressed close together with their branches intertwined. A gloom hangs in the air. Foliage around the base of the trees is sparse, stunted by lack of sunlight. The songs of birds and noises of small animals have ceased, adding to the eerie atmosphere of the ancient woods.

You see a structure ahead through a break in the trees. You don't have a good idea of it from here but suspect it is the wall of a building. Before you can move forward too quickly Bor spots a patch of quicksand just ahead. Careful observation shows the area has many such patches, though there is a clear path now that you know to look.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil stops at the mention of quicksand, unwilling to move more unless he knows it is safe. He looks at Bor and gives him the which way look, willing to follow in the footsteps of someone who might step carefully.

"It's kind of quiet out here, don't you think?" Bazsil asks, matching his voice to quiet around them. "Something might not be right. I dunno. Probably just being paranoid. Not sure hobgoblins would be keeping themselves his quiet...no need to."


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan shrugs at Bazsil. Most of the time he's on a wagon, or walking alongside, and that tends to drown out the noises of nature.

Still, he readies his shield and proceeds with some caution.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor grabs a nearby branch and pokes his way through the ground to find a clear path. "This way." He leads the way through the patches. "Make sure to walk where I walk." He gestures to the building. "This seems to have very good natural defenses."

Shadow Lodge

Nothing to see here:

All-eyes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
S1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
S2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Bor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Bazsil: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Faolan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Krowe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Traps?:

Bor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
All-eyes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Spider: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Bor moves ahead, checking for quicksand and other hazards. He fails to see the gossamer strand across the trail and quickly finds himself stuck fast.

Bor begins the encounter Entangled.

Bor, Faolan, and Bazsil all notice a giant spider hiding in the trees among some thick webs.

Those 3 can act in the surprise round.

The spider, seeing Bor caught in the web, drops to the ground next to the tree it was in.

Move action to leave trail and go to spider, should you choose.
No charging over this terrain and you risk hitting a quicksand patch.

Turn Tracker Surprise Round
Spiders
All-Eyes
Faolan
Bazsil
Bor
Krowe

I can't insert it now because of the dice rolls, but since Faolan was moving cautiously and spotted the spider I will allow him a Perception roll to see the web across the trail. If he makes a 20 then Bor is not Entangled, under the assumption that Faolan would warn him.

Giant Spider:

Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4
DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 16 (3d8+3)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Immune mind-affecting effects
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6 plus poison)
Special Attack web (+5 ranged, DC 12, hp 2)
16/16

Faolan, Bazsil, and Bor may now act.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: Surprise, Initiative: 16

Status:
HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: None
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

MvA: move to spider

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Faolan says nothing as the spider drops in. When he can though, he rushes up to the large beast - shield held high.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor gets all tangled up in the gossamer strand, kicking his leg only seems to make it worse off for him. Unsure what it is, all soon becomes clear as the large spider drops down. "Great..."

Bor moves forward and grabs his shield from his back.

MA: move to spider half speed.

Status:

HP 14/14
AC 19 (21 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st)
Vision of Madness 8/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 1, Init 7

Free:
Move:
Stnd: Start heroic chanting.

Bazsil sneers as the spiders pounce, but there is too much riding on them to let mere spiders get in their way.

"Bor found a way through the sands,
Heroically leading, no chance of frown,
Found a web on his boot,
And put the spiders down."

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Lore: 1/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Shadow Lodge

Faolan and Bor navigate the tricky terrain and make their way to the spider. It thanks its lucky Lloth that the prey is so eager to be bitten and snaps at Faolan.

Spider1@Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 ⇒ 3

A second spider drops from the other side of the trail and moves towards Krowe and Bazsil.

While the spiders attack a large purple creature with a spider like head steps out from behind another tree!

"More food, more talk."

It thrusts a sickle like hand at Faolan.

All-eyes@Faolan: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 171d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Turn Tracker Round 1
Spiders
All-Eyes
Faolan
Bazsil
Bor
Krowe

Giant Spider:

Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4
DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 16 (3d8+3)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Immune mind-affecting effects
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6 plus poison)
Special Attack web (+5 ranged, DC 12, hp 2)
16/16 16/16

All-eyes:

Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +9
DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 30 (4d8+12)
Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +6
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+2 plus poison) and 2 claws +5 (1d4+2)
Special Attacks traps, web (+6 ranged, DC 15, hp 4)
30/30


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 2, Init 7

Free: Drop bow. Continue heroic chanting.
Move: To nearest spider that he can flank.
Stnd: Swing at a spider.

Bazsil carefully moves to the nearest flankable spider and swings with his long bladed sword.

1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 15 to hit; (+song,flank)
1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14 slashing damage.

Refrain;
"Bor found a way through the sands,
Heroically leading, no chance of frown,
Found a web on his boot,
And put the spiders down."

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Lore: 2/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor curses as he sees more than just the single spider. "We are surrounded!"

Concentration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Bor assumes a defensive stance as a shimmering field of force surrounds his body.

Cast Shield of Faith.

He has a hard time focusing on Bazsil's song of wrath as he tries to keep an eye out on all of the opponents.

Status:

HP 14/14
AC 19 (21 w/ Shield of Faith; 23 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith
Vision of Madness 8/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1, Initiative: 16

Status:
HP: 21/24 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids or -1 from song) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: None
- - -
Conditions: Song (+2 Str/Con, +1 Will, -1 AC, skill limits)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

StA: Attack spider
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7 (song)
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 (song)

critthreat Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10 (song)

Faolan takes a nip from all-eyes, but starts with the spider who tried to bite him first. His shield is all a-flurry as he swings twice!


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Surprise Round: act surprised
Round 1
SA: summon fiendish eagle
MA: grab antitoxin
Eagle: full attack All-eyes

Carefully watching his feet Krowe is caught totally flat footed by the sudden spider attack. Luckily the mercs jump quickly into action and buy him some time to summon an ally.

”Sessael!”

The blackbird arrives behind the many-eyed creature in a flash of yellow smoke and attacks.

Flanking with Faolan and raging with song
Talon: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Talon: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Shadow Lodge

Faolan beats the sticky out of the spider just in time for Bazsil to move up and give the purple creature a hearty chop. Bor shields himself and Krowe summons the familiar flaming eagle, nearly eviscerating the abomination.

Turn Tracker Round 2
Spiders
All-Eyes
Faolan
Bazsil
Bor
Krowe

The remaining spider moves up and bites Krowe.

Spider2@Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d6 ⇒ 5

The creature shouts.

"No hurt, just talk!"

It then attempts to lay into Bazsil.

All-eyes bite@Bazsil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
All-eyes claw@Bazsil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
All-eyes claw@Bazsil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Krowe Fort DC 14 poison:

Str: 1d2 ⇒ 1
4 Rounds or 1 Save

Bazsil DC 15 poison:

Dex: 1d2 ⇒ 1
10 Rounds or 2 Saves

Giant Spider:

Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4
DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 16 (3d8+3)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Immune mind-affecting effects
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6 plus poison)
Special Attack web (+5 ranged, DC 12, hp 2)
16/16

All-eyes:

Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +9
DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 30 (4d8+12)
Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +6
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+2 plus poison) and 2 claws +5 (1d4+2)
Special Attacks traps, web (+6 ranged, DC 15, hp 4)
3/30

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Seeing Bazsil nearly get eviscerated himself Bor reaches his hand over to his shoulder.

Streams of soft light envelope the serious injury as it knits shut. "It will be alright."

Exchange Shield of Faith spell slot for CLW. Provoke AoO probably.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Status:

HP 14/14
AC 19 (21 w/ Shield of Faith; 23 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x2
Vision of Madness 8/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 2
SA: withdraw to back row
Eagle: full attack All-eyes

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Krowe grunts from the bite but manages to pull away without a full dose of poison. Backing away, he calls to Faolan.

”Faolan? Can you smash this one?”

Meanwhile, his bird screeches and flaps about the purple monster.

Flanking rage
Talon: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Talon: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2, Initiative: 16

Status:
HP: 21/24 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Spider
- - -
Conditions: Song
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

MvA: engage new spider
StA: Attack spider

Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11 (song)

"You got it Oberon!" Faolan moves into position by the other spider and attacks!

Oberon, it’s a move action to switch targets, so I think your bird only gets one attack this round. Is that correct Balodek or am I doing it wrong?


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Unless I’m confused, the eagle is attacking the same target - the purple thing.

Shadow Lodge

It's a move action to switch positions on the field but no problem to switch targets. So Faolan takes a Move to engage new spider, correct. The eagle was already attacking the purple thing, but had it chosen to attack the spider last turn and switch to the purple thing this turn it would still get a full attack. Bor you can position yourself to avoid AoO no problem.

Turn Tracker Round 2
Spiders
All-Eyes
Faolan
Bazsil
Bor
Krowe

Quicksand?:

1d100 ⇒ 91

Bor heals Bazsil while the eagle finishes off the purple creature. Faolan avoids any quicksand and smashes his shield into the final spider.

Giant Spider:

Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4
DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 16 (3d8+3)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Immune mind-affecting effects
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6 plus poison)
Special Attack web (+5 ranged, DC 12, hp 2)
5/16


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 2, Init 7

Free: Continue heroic chanting.
Move: Move to spider.
Stnd: Swing at nearest foe.

"Thank you Bor!" Bazsil swings again with his long bladed sword.

1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 9 to hit; (+song,flank)
1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13 slashing damage.

Refrain;
"Bor found a way through the sands,
Heroically leading, no chance of frown,
Found a web on his boot,
And put the spiders down."

Edit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Fort.

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 7/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Lore: 3/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Shadow Lodge

Turn 2

Quicksand?:

1d100 ⇒ 19

Before Bazsil can make his way to the spider he encounters a quicksand trap.

DC 8 Survival check to avoid or you are 1d2 ⇒ 1x5 = 5 feet in before you notice. Should he avoid the trap he will make his way to the spider (and miss).

Turn Tracker Round 3
Spider
Faolan
Bazsil
Bor
Krowe

The spider attempts to bite Faolan.

Spider2@Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d6 ⇒ 1

Giant Spider:

Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4
DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 16 (3d8+3)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Immune mind-affecting effects
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6 plus poison)
Special Attack web (+5 ranged, DC 12, hp 2)
5/16


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 3, Initiative: 16

Status:
HP: 21/24 | AC: 17 (f12/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids, -1 from song) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Spider
- - -
Conditions: Song
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

FuA: Attack spider
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7 (song)
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 (song)

(Both attacks at +2 flank if Bazsil makes it all the way from last round.)

Faolan swings with vigor as he tries to end the giant creature’s life.

Shadow Lodge

The final spider drops and you are out of combat.

I'll let you collect yourselves and then proceed.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 Survival (untrained)

Bazsil manages to avoid the quicksand, which is keen because he's had a bad fight. He stops singing, looking at his blood mess of wounds. He takes a moment to heal himself, but is still dinged up.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 healing

Bazsil takes another moment to carefully step to pick up his bow, sheathing his blade.

"I don't like them spiders. And I guess we figured out why it's so quiet," Bazsil recovers, then looks around to see if the spiders had any previous victims (like the rangers) and loot.

Edit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Fort vs. Poison
Edit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Fort vs. Poison 1d2 ⇒ 1 dex damage

Edit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Fort vs. Poison
Edit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Fort vs. Poison

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"I would hope that the spiders wouldn't be able to get the drop on all of the Rangers." Bor helps Baszil out of the quicksand as they make their way to the cottage. "You good?"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan catches his breath a moment and pokes at the creatures, "Certainly seems like the rangers would have dealt with this if they were still active, doesn't it? We should be careful."

When the group is ready to proceed, he continues on, watching for quicksand and other threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe checks his wound where the spider bit him. ”One of them got me pretty good. I don’t feel odd, so I’m guessing it wasn’t poisonous, but it sure smarts. Do we still have that wand of healing?”

Going to roll it, since I know we do.
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

”Ok, Let’s see what happened to the rangers.”


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil will touch Krowe with the wand, then hit himself with it.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 CLW

After that, he's ready to go, bow in hand.

Shadow Lodge

Bazsil's scan of the trees shows spider nests in the higher branches. Many of them contain web wrapped shapes, ranging in size from squirrels and rabbits to two that could contain something man sized.

The main redoubt itself is a large building places cunningly in the trees. Though visible from where you are it would be very difficult to spot from far away, and indeed now that you stand below it you realize just how close you were before you saw it at all.

Searching around the trees that hold the building out of the swamp you spot a hidden spiral staircase. Ascending you find the building is abandoned, with no sign of the rangers.

Survival DC 15:

This building has been abandoned for several weeks at least.

Faolan spots a half-burned letter in the fireplace. The missive is direct and short. "Recall. Fort Trevalay."

The building itself is suitable to your short term needs, if just. This location would make a poor fortress but is hidden enough for you to keep your people out of the weather.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

His blackbird still around for another minute or so, Krowe sends it up into the trees to peck at some of the cocoons to see if any other spiders are lurking above.

He himself casts a spell to detect magic in the trees and the fort.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan shoulders his shield, and will climb up into the trees to see if there's someone in need of a proper burial up there after Oberon reports the all clear.

Climb, take-10: 10 + 8 = 18

Later Faolan holds up the letter, "Looks like they were recalled, but I see no reason why we can't make it ours for a while. Let's get the others and see if the rangers left and supplies cached about."

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

He pokes at the odds and ends remaining, and samples a bit of cheese to test its hardness. "Yeap. They've been gone a while. Several weeks at least."


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil does a slow crawl around the redoubt, making sure no spiders or traps or dangers lurk. Overall, while he is displeased by the lack of experienced Rangers, he is pleased that the redoubt hasn't been overrun by hobgobs and it seems very secretive.

"Yeah, I guess we can bring our people in," Bazsil intones when everyone is satisfied with the safety of the redoubt. "Let's head back and get people here. It'll work for a while."

Shadow Lodge

No more spiders are discovered hiding in the trees. Krowe's magical sight reveals a glow in the two man sized bundles. Cutting them down and searching the nests you find the following:

+1 chain shirt
cloak of resistance +1
masterwork shortbow with 15 +1 arrows
single sleep arrow
masterwork light mace
holy symbol of Erastil
scroll tube (containing scrolls of charm animal, cure light wounds, lesser restoration, and plant growth)
Several gemstones are scattered among the nests
three agates (worth 10 gp each)
one star rose quartz (worth 55 gp)
four amethysts (worth 110 gp each)

Neither of the men were rangers and of them you find no further sign. Your return to camp is safe and you begin moving people to the redoubt.

Aubrin is disturbed by the information presented. "No sign of them? Recall to Fort Trevalay? I've never heard of it."

Lirosa and Taidel take great interest in the immediate area. "My brother and I should be able to setup snares, but we'll need to keep watch for spiders and whatever that purple thing was."

Krinnig doesn't seem to think much of the accommodations. "You expect me to live in a tree? I ain't no damned elf!"

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor smiles underneath his patched scarf. This is the first bit of good news we have had yet. It is almost too good to be true.

Taking a quick peek around and sure there are no more spiders about Bor latches his shield. "Let's get back to the group. Guess we will find out while they were recalled soon enough."


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan lays out the bodies for burial and distributes the loot around for carrying purposes. He nods with Aubrin's assessment, "They left some time ago, so it may be that this invasion is more widespread than we thought. Might not just be us."

When Lirosa and Taidel offer to assist, he gladly agrees, "That's a great idea! Tomorrow I suggest a few of us walk about the perimeter - spend a good half day checking out our neighborhood, maybe the whole day. I don't want any surprises."

He chuckles at Krinning, "Yeah, I hear you, but beggars can't be choosers. This is the best we've got for now. We'll all have to make sacrifices."

He tries to get the party off to the side to discuss what they've found so far. "We should really divvy this stuff up - make sure we're using everything we can. Either for ourselves, or the group. Is there anything here anyone wants?"

Faolan eyes the chain shirt +1 and the cloak of resistance +1, but he's not keen on taking both if someone else would like one. He'll also lay claim to the masterwork light steel shield as a backup.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Seeing the new breastplate that Bor sports and the greed in Faolan's eyes, Bazsil tosses the chain shirt to Faolan. He offers the scrolls to Bor as poor compensation. Cloak to Bazsil, ok?

As he already has taken a bow, he does not move on the shortbow.

If he has time, he will follow Lirosa and Taidel to set up snares and learn what he can. He's mostly untrained on the out of doors, but wishes to do better. He will also set up watches as appropriate within the few warriors that they have.

Later in the day, he will approach Aubrin.

"This'll have to do, right? For now?" Bazsil rumbles in a deep, rich voice. "Do you think you can hold out here until we return from Fort Trevalay? That sounds like the right place to go if we are seeking help."


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan smiles, "You want to go to a place Aubrin's never heard of? Does anyone know where it is? I'd like to pay back those damn hobos a little bit and see what that tower is myself. Now that we have something of a base of operations, I want to take the fight to them - at least a little."

"Seeking help though is a good idea. I'm not familiar with this part of the country - where's the nearest town of any size? Maybe, if it's not too far, we could see how they fare, and see if we can get aid. If it's not too far that is."

He shrugs off his leathers and puts on the chain shirt. It binds a little, and limits his movements in ways he'd rather it didn't, but he'll take what he can get and the protection is much appreciated.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 71/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”Fort Trevalay.” Krowe muses upon the note left by the rangers. ”I don’t know.. could it be a coded message for other rangers that might come back here?”

If it’s an actual place, I’d think a knowledge geography check would be appropriate, but Krowe doesn’t have that skill.
GM: have we asked all the survivors? If not, Krowe will make the rounds.

On another subject, ”If the rangers have been gone for weeks then I don’t know if that indicates further invasions. It could be they withdrew from a growing infestation of giant spiders.”

351 to 400 of 3,294 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Balodek's Ironfang Invasion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.