Balodek's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Balodek

Ironfang Invasion GM'd by Balodek

Treasure Sheet

Refugee Camp Spreadsheet

Nesmian Plains

Chernasardo

Caves

Ruins

Current Battle


3,301 to 3,350 of 3,719 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

Human | AC 14(22) FF 11(19) T 14(22)| HP 66/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”If someone was pretending to be you with the militia, then perhaps they did so with others. We could ask around and see if anyone has had encounters with us that we didn’t participate in. Or we could look for people with eyepatches, assuming that a missing eye is something the imposter could not conceal.”


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Just as a note, Bazsil doesn’t wear an eyepatch and has two eyes, and he was wearing a bandage when we first met, so I suppose that’s now a head band of some sort. As you were...

”Wait! What?” Bazsil asks Krowe. ”Do you think whomever is impersonating me can impersonate others? Why would they do that?”

Shadow Lodge

A quick round of questioning discovers that some guards saw a man fitting Faolan's description near the supply stockpile two nights ago, the same one that was later found destroyed.


AC 31 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 95/95 | F+10 R +10 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

"Yeah, that'weren't me. Besides, not to put too fine a point to it, I'd have set it on fire." he adds speaking low so no one gets any ideas. "There's definitely someone really good at disguise, 'cause Bazsil and I look nothing alike. Yet they were able to fool everyone."

He ponders, "Would they, if they were using magic, leave a 'trail' we could follow? I know you detect magic all the time to look at auras and stuff. Maybe they too have an aura that we could identify them with."


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

"Yeah, I know it wasn't you, Faolan, obviously you'd have used fire," Bazsil says, almost as if explaining why he would do much worse than get things wet.

"Well, yeah, we should probably stick together, shouldn't we? That way we can keep an eye on each other? I dunno. Let's do Krowe's plan or something."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human | AC 14(22) FF 11(19) T 14(22)| HP 66/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”A magical aura may give them away, but magic exists to obscure magical detection spells, so we may not be able to trust that method alone.” Krowe gives the problem some thought for a moment, looks around, then shrugs. ”Let’s try it anyway. I’ll start with the mayor’s favorite tavern.”

Taking out his spellbook, Krowe studies a spell, then speaks a word and suddenly winks out of existence.

Being super paranoid here - Krowe dimension doors behind a building down the street, then casts invisibility and steps back into view of the mercs to target them a message spell to convey a secret plan.

Krowe whispers to the mercs. ”Don’t be alarmed, this is a simple message spell. If they can pose as one of us, they could be anyone. For all we know they are watching us already. I think we should continue with the plan to track down one-eyed saboteurs, but I would also lay a trap by baiting them with an easy target. I am going to meet with the Mayor and his council and tell them that I need a private workshop near the walls to craft a magical “secret weapon” that might secure the defense of Longshadow. Meanwhile, we tell them that you three are going to spend the day on a scouting mission to Ecru. In truth you will be waiting in a rope trick spell nearby, ready to ambush the saboteur.”


AC 31 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 95/95 | F+10 R +10 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan, unable to point his finger at Krowe as he can't see him, simply nods at the plan. Vigorously.

"Scouting mission to Ecru." he repeats, "Excellent idea. Let's go see what the enemy is up to while the locals get situated a bit."

Shadow Lodge

I'll advance us a little based on this, let me know if this isn't what you had in mind.

Krowe head to the Trope but finds it empty. The innkeep looks up and grumbles. "Mayor is actually using city hall for once, turned it into a headquarters for the siege." You'd heard rumors of this but weren't sure they had merit. Being busy with the defenses all day you lost track of the major until now.

The major's residence and city hall building have indeed been renovated into a command center. The council chambers now contain maps and preparation levels, notes on your progress and rudimentary scouting reports of the Hollow Hills. The major looks up as you enter. He appears sober and tired.

"Welcome welcome, Krowe was it? What can I help you with?" After the plan is outlined he nods. "A secret weapon aye? Well I can't argue with that. Bit of a hike to Ecru, you sure they can make it back in time? We can use a boat to get across the river so you won't have to waste time backtracking, still it's a long trip."

Dark Archive

Male Human 9 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor nods his head in agreement. "Ecru makes sense. We can get an idea before the main forces get to the gates. We should set out right away." Bor gathers his equipment as he assumes Krowe takes off to get everything in order.

I hope this works or we are all doomed.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9
Balodek wrote:
"A secret weapon aye? Well I can't argue with that. Bit of a hike to Ecru, you sure they can make it back in time?"

Bazsil smiles broadly.

"Nah, don't worry about that. My voice...my song...my voice and song can carry a man for miles at high speed. You needn't worry about that," Bazsil says reassuringly. Forced march is as borken as f~+~, y'all.

Bazsil is on board for the plan.


Human | AC 14(22) FF 11(19) T 14(22)| HP 66/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”With my magic I can assure you it will be a quick trip. Now, about the workshop and supplies I will need...”

Ideal workshop would be a sturdy building or warehouse with a decent fireplace. Windows will need to be boarded up so that no one can see what’s happening there without getting inside.

In the morning Krowe makes a show of leading the mercs to the docks and transporting them via dimension door, but instead of taking them across the river he brings them to the workshop and gets them hidden away in a rope trick, extended with Bazsil’s metamagic rod if possible.

Once the ambush is set, Krowe visits a few merchants, arranging to spend a four of five hundred gold on alchemist fire, along with some other lesser alchemical reagents to be delivered as soon as possible to his workshop. To keep up appearances, he will set up his portable alchemist lab, keep the fire blazing, and sporadically use ghost sound to create clangs and whooshes and other mysterious sounds. Every couple hours he will take a “break” to get some fresh air, use a privy, or take a short walk, providing the saboteur with an opportunity to sabotage. During these breaks he will remain in contact with the mercs by a message spell. When he returns, he will give a secret signal to let the mercs-in-hiding know it’s really him.

Shadow Lodge

You feel some unease waiting the day in a rope trick instead of building your defenses. You aren't sure if it's the thought of giving people one of your precious days off or whatever Faolan had for supper making you queasy, you only know that this plan needs to work.

After a day running errands and building supplies, Krowe returns to his fortified bunker/building and engages in magical chicanery. It is in the hours of dusk that he suspects his gambit pays off as the door to the building opens.

"Krowe, you in here?" Bazsil's sonorous voice fills the space, carrying over the whistling and clanging of alembics and alchemical doodads.

"We didn't make it to Ecru, we ran into a Legion force and wiped them out. We thought you'd like to know about it." You're certain Bor never sounds so sane, nor so hesitant.

"You should have seen it brother, it was glorious." The voice is Faolan's without doubt. The words seem less fitting, and Krowe notes that they aren't coming from the same direction as the other two voices.

Looking up from his "experiment" he sees Bor and Bazsil standing near the closed, and barred, door.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Oh snap!

Bazsil looks at Faolan and at Bor, seeing they are ready to go. He assumes Krowe will set off the trap, calling them out when he is ready.

He draws his long sharp horse chopping sword, eager to get out and use it on the imposters.

Dark Archive

Male Human 9 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Nice!

The 'real' Bor clenches his fist, his cestus creaking. Bastards! He readies his shield waiting for the rope trick to release them.


AC 31 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 95/95 | F+10 R +10 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan resists gnawing on his shield, for fear the sound might carry. So he waits impatiently, his blood rushing in his ears as he yearns to leap out upon the enemy!


Human | AC 14(22) FF 11(19) T 14(22)| HP 66/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”Oh, I can’t wait for you to tell me all about the Legion’s forces.” Krowe says from behind the table holding the alchemical tools and devices of his lab. ”But first, let me show you what I’ve been working on...”

Krowe casts invisibility and calls to the real mercs hiding in the rope trick above.

”Get these bastards!”

We have used rope trick before. You guys don’t need Krowe to end the spell, you either climb down the rope or jump down. I wouldn’t have placed it higher than 5 feet.

Shadow Lodge

The impostors curse and all three of them tear a small globe off their necklaces, throwing them at the table Krowe was so recently behind.

6d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 4, 5, 2) = 19
6d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 2, 1, 6) = 23
6d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 6, 1, 1) = 19

Three fireballs erupt at Krowe's location. It is a DC 14 Ref for half damage to each. Krowe recognizes this as a Necklace of Fireballs.

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Krowe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Impostors: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Turn Tracker Round 1
Bor
Krowe
Bazsil
Impostors
Faolan

All but Faolan are up.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 1

Free:
Move: Begin song of rage.
Stnd: Cast Good Hope (Bor, Faolan, Baz).

Bazsil casts Good Hope and begins his song after stepping out of the rope trick.

”Three little changlings, are we
Three little morphlings are thee
Three small fools ye be
Your heart my sword will blee”

Good Hope: Each affected creature gains a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 1 = 26 slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 16 + 1 = 25 slashing damage.

Magic longbow.
[ dice]1d20+11[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

HP: 75/75
AC: 20 (7 armor, 3 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos. = 20/22 vs. gobs.

L1: 0/6 used (CLW*0, Ident*0, Grease*0, Vanish*0, LibCom*0)
L2: 0/5 used (Invis*0, Heroism*2, Blister*0, BDash*0)
L3: 1/4 used (GHope*1,InvisSpher*0,JJ*0,SeeInv*0)
Kenning: 0/1 used
Words: 1/20 used
Battlecries: 0/2 used (+1 morale to hit;+4 morale to fear saves 1 minute)
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used
Extend Lesser: 0/3 used
Dbane Arrows: 1/10 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations [ /spoiler]


AC 31 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 95/95 | F+10 R +10 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1

Status:
HP: 82/83 | AC: 30 (f20/t16) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 30
Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +8
Front Row
Opponent: None
- - -
Conditions: Good Hope (+2), Song (+4 Str/Con, +3 Will, +1 AC (dodge), +1 AC (insight vs outsiders & aberrations), skill limits)
Equipped: Shield
Shield Melee: Attack: BAB 9/4, Str +6, Focus +1, MW +1, (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Shield Ranged: Attack: BAB 9/4, Dex +2, Focus +1, MW +1 (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Arrows: 14/14; Ghost Salt, Cold Iron Arrows 6/6
Martial Flexibility (1x swift, 2x move): 4/7
Knockout (DC 20, 1d6r): 1/1
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1
Jingasa (negate crit or sneak): 1/1

Faolan leaps like a spring released from its coil as he leaps down upon the enemy. He tries to position himself so they cannot simply leave through the door (though it appears barred, he’s taking no chances). Then he attacks!

Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 17 + 4 = 40 (hope, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 4 = 18 (hope, song)

Toppling Bash: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 (swift action to trip the target of my first hit)
(* Targets hit by my shield take -2 to their AC until the end of my next turn.)

Dark Archive

Male Human 9 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

As the rope trick opens up, darkness and madness spills forth from it along with Bor's anger. "You dare to pretend to be us?" The darkness clings to the imposter's minds, wrecking their thoughts with visions of their own doom.

Aura of Madness. 30 foot aura DC 20 Will save vs Confusion

Status:

HP 91/91
AC 26 (31; 33 vs Goblinoids; 34 vs Hobgoblin DR/2- Hobgoblin)
Spells Used:
(1st)
(2nd)
(3rd)
(4th)
Vision of Madness 9/9
Aura of Madness 8/9
Sudden Shift 9/9
Master's Illusion 9/9
CPE 2/2 (4d6)
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Human | AC 14(22) FF 11(19) T 14(22)| HP 66/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Ow.

Krowe bites back screams as the fireballs explode around him. He survives, but isn’t ready to fight back yet. Instead he makes for the rope trick and climbs inside.

Ok, that hurt. Going to nurse some clw potions for a round or two.

Shadow Lodge

Krowe scrambles up the rope while the others jump down past him.

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 11
Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 68

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

One of the impostors sees past their confusion and throws a small rock at Bor. The second smacks themself in the face with a small crossbow, and the third doesn't seem to feel confused at all while throwing a rock at Bazsil.

They've thrown Thunderstones at Bazsil and Bor. With the timing of this both Faolan and Krowe will be in the rope trick while Bazsil and Bor have to make two saves.

Each creature within a 10-foot-radius spread must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be deafened for 1 hour. A deafened creature, in addition to the obvious effects, takes a –4 penalty on initiative and has a 20% chance to miscast and lose any spell with a verbal component that it tries to cast.

Faolan then jumps down the rope and runs across the room, jumping over or around tables, to block the door. With everything in the room and the spacing/timing I don't think you'll get an attack in Round 1.

Turn Tracker Round 2
Bor
Krowe
Bazsil
Impostors
Faolan

Bor, Krowe, and Bazsil up for Round 2.

Fake Party:

AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 18 (+4 armor, +4 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 natural)
Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +7
Defensive Abilities evasion, trap sense +1, uncanny dodge;
Immune charm, sleep
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk sword cane +12/+7 (1d6+3)
Ranged +1 hand crossbow +12 (1d4+1/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +2d6

76/76 70/76 76/76


AC 31 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 95/95 | F+10 R +10 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

No problem on the no attack, and sorry to post out of turn. :)


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 2

Free: Continue song.
Move: Charge.
Stnd: Charge.

Bazsil’s ears roil from the pair of concussive stones.

1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 Fort
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30 Fort

Bazsil continues his song, this time a bit more off key, as the stones have an affect.

”Three little changlings, are we
Three little morphlings are thee
Three small fools ye be
My sword your heart will blee”

He charges the Borpleganger.
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 39 to hit; (+song,+hope,+charge)
2d6 + 15 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 15 + 2 + 2 = 25 slashing damage.

Pot crit:
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 29 to hit; (+song,+hope)
2d6 + 15 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 15 + 2 + 2 = 27 slashing damage.

Good Hope: Each affected creature gains a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 1 = 21 slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 1 = 19 slashing damage.

Magic longbow.
[ dice]1d20+11[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

HP: 75/75
AC: 20 (7 armor, 3 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos. = 20/22 vs. gobs.

L1: 0/6 used (CLW*0, Ident*0, Grease*0, Vanish*0, LibCom*0)
L2: 0/5 used (Invis*0, Heroism*2, Blister*0, BDash*0)
L3: 1/4 used (GHope*1,InvisSpher*0,JJ*0,SeeInv*0)
Kenning: 0/1 used
Words: 2/20 used
Battlecries: 0/2 used (+1 morale to hit;+4 morale to fear saves 1 minute)
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used
Extend Lesser: 0/3 used
Dbane Arrows: 1/10 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations [ /spoiler]

Dark Archive

Male Human 9 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Fort Save 1 DC 15; Good Hope: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13
Fort Save 2 DC 15; Good Hope: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31

The whole room begins to ring as Bor's head nearly splits open from the pain. He claws at his head as he reaches for one of the still sane men's wrists. Small trail of clear liquid and blood flows from his ears.

Vision of Madness Touch Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
-4 to attacks and Saving Throws; +4 to skills

Maintain Aura of Madness

Status:

HP 91/91
AC 26 (31; 33 vs Goblinoids; 34 vs Hobgoblin DR/2- Hobgoblin)
Spells Used:
(1st)
(2nd)
(3rd)
(4th)
Vision of Madness 8/9
Aura of Madness 7/9
Sudden Shift 9/9
Master's Illusion 9/9
CPE 2/2 (4d6)
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Human | AC 14(22) FF 11(19) T 14(22)| HP 66/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe gets a potion from his haversack and drinks it.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 6) + 3 = 17

Note to self: buy more healing potions.

Shadow Lodge

Bor reaches out and taps the Boralike with his hand, causing visions of madness within them. Bazsil moves to the Boralike and cuts deeply into them with his sword. Krowe madly gulps a healing potion as his burns quickly scab then heal over.

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 82
Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 96

Two of them turn to each other and stab with sword canes.

Attack1@3: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 281d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Attack3@1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 291d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The final one attacks Bazsil.

Attack1@Bazsil: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 191d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Attack2@Bazsil: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Turn Tracker Round 3
Bor
Krowe
Bazsil
Impostors
Faolan

Faolan Round 2 actions, rest of Party Round 3.

Fake Party:

AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 18 (+4 armor, +4 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 natural)
Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +7
Defensive Abilities evasion, trap sense +1, uncanny dodge;
Immune charm, sleep
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk sword cane +12/+7 (1d6+3)
Ranged +1 hand crossbow +12 (1d4+1/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +2d6

69/76 18/76 70/76


AC 31 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 95/95 | F+10 R +10 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2

Status:
HP: 82/83 | AC: 30 (f20/t16) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 30
Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +8
Front Row
Opponent: None
- - -
Conditions: Good Hope (+2), Song (+4 Str/Con, +3 Will, +1 AC (dodge), +1 AC (insight vs outsiders & aberrations), skill limits)
Equipped: Shield
Shield Melee: Attack: BAB 9/4, Str +6, Focus +1, MW +1, (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Shield Ranged: Attack: BAB 9/4, Dex +2, Focus +1, MW +1 (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Arrows: 14/14; Ghost Salt, Cold Iron Arrows 6/6
Martial Flexibility (1x swift, 2x move): 4/7
Knockout (DC 20, 1d6r): 1/1
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1
Jingasa (negate crit or sneak): 1/1

Faolan, not being sure how confusion works (except when he’s suffered by it), attacks the nearest enemy with vigor, continuing to block the door.

Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 4 = 21 (hope, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 = 16 (hope, song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 4 = 34 (hope, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 (hope, song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 4 = 32 (hope, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 4 = 17 (hope, song)
Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 4 = 34 (hope, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 4 = 18 (hope, song)

critthreat Shield Bash (magic)*: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 4 = 19 (hope, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 4 = 17 (hope, song)

Toppling Bash: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 (swift action to trip the target of my first hit)
(* Targets hit by my shield take -2 to their AC until the end of my next turn.)

Shadow Lodge

The closes one is hit many times by Faolan, though not tripped nor hit harder than normal.

CMD 25 and AC 23.

Turn Tracker Round 3
Bor
Krowe
Bazsil
Impostors
Faolan


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 3

Free: Continue song.
Move:
Stnd: Full attack at Borpleganger.

Bazsil’s ears roil from the pair of concussive stones.

Bazsil continues his song, this time even more off key.

”Confused little saboteurs,
Caught in a trap of crow design,
Wishing they numbered fours,
Success in this you’ll not find.”

He swing at the Borpleganger.
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 26 to hit; (+song,+hope,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 22 slashing damage.

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 31 to hit; (+song,+hope,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 26 slashing damage.

Pot crit:
1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 26 to hit; (+song,+hope)
1d10 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 29 slashing damage.

Good Hope: Each affected creature gains a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 1 = 26 slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (song,+flank)
1d10 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 1 = 20 slashing damage.

Magic longbow.
[ dice]1d20+11[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+7[/dice] piercing damage.

HP: 75/75
AC: 20 (7 armor, 3 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos. = 20/22 vs. gobs.

L1: 0/6 used (CLW*0, Ident*0, Grease*0, Vanish*0, LibCom*0)
L2: 0/5 used (Invis*0, Heroism*2, Blister*0, BDash*0)
L3: 1/4 used (GHope*1,InvisSpher*0,JJ*0,SeeInv*0)
Kenning: 0/1 used
Words: 3/20 used
Battlecries: 0/2 used (+1 morale to hit;+4 morale to fear saves 1 minute)
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used
Extend Lesser: 0/3 used
Dbane Arrows: 1/10 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +3 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) +1 to dodge AC (+2 for guarded stance,-1 for song)
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or use any ability that requires concentration.
5) +1 insight AC vs Outsiders and Aberrations [ /spoiler]

Dark Archive

Male Human 9 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor lays into Bor as his fists pound the man's scarf covered face. "Damned fools have no clue what we have been through to even get here."

+1 cestus; Song; Good Hope: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

+1 cestus; Song; Good Hope: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Maintain Aura of Madness

Status:

HP 91/91
AC 26 (31; 33 vs Goblinoids; 34 vs Hobgoblin DR/2- Hobgoblin)
Spells Used:
(1st)
(2nd)
(3rd)
(4th)
Vision of Madness 8/9
Aura of Madness 6/9
Sudden Shift 9/9
Master's Illusion 9/9
CPE 2/2 (4d6)
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Human | AC 14(22) FF 11(19) T 14(22)| HP 66/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe drops out of the rope trick.

"Faolan, try to take one alive if you can."

He then summons a creature to aid Bor against the Borppleganger. This time, the elemental that comes at his call is twice the size as those that have come before.

Slam - PA/Earth Mastery: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Damage: 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (2, 5) + 16 = 23
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Crit Damage: 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (2, 3) + 16 = 21
Slam - PA/Earth Mastery: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (5, 4) + 16 = 25

Large Elemental
AC 18 HP 84

Shadow Lodge

Bazsil cuts down one of the impostors, killing them outright as their head goes soaring. The second is pummeled by Bor and caught between the cestus and the shield, also going down. The third and final is beaten badly by the earth elemental but remains standing. Madness glints in their eyes; Either Bor's spell, touch, or Krowe's words driving them to roll towards their downed companions. Hands reach up to their necklace and suddenly your world is fire.

Krowe's elemental shields him from the worst of the blast as small fireballs explode in quick succession, crumbling in the process. Faolan, Bor, and Bazsil weather behind shields or tables, covered in strange alchemical liquids and burned bits of imposter. The fireballs were individually small but collectively enough to kill all three intruders.

Mechanically the third one set off two fireballs from their necklace and killed themselves as well as making sure the last two were dead. You can try to identify them and sort through their gear for clues.


AC 31 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 95/95 | F+10 R +10 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12
Oberon Krowe wrote:

Krowe drops out of the rope trick.

"Faolan, try to take one alive if you can."

Conflagration...

Faolan cries, "It wasn't me, I swear! I would have taken one alive if I could!" He pats out the still singeing hair on his head and face as he straightens up from his hiding place.

He pokes around at the room, "Not much left." he murmurs as he looks for clues.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Dark Archive

Male Human 9 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor coughs behind his scarf as the room clears of smoke. "How can we possibly hold such a suicidal enemy back for much longer?" He once again questions their survival. He flips the table off of himself to lean against the side of the wall.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

"Guess it doesn't matter who they were. Hopefully there aren't more in town. We won't be able to get this plan off again."


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil singes and crisps a bit in the inferno.

"Ack! I had hoped that wouldn't happen," Bazsil says, as if he expected the kamikaze action, but he did not. "I would have preferred to take one alive, but they probably not."

Bazsil sifts through their bodies, hoping some magics remained.

"Krowe? You know of such things. What were they?"

Actually, Baz can attempt knowledge check. Which one fits best?

Shadow Lodge

K. Nature to identify the creatures.

You sift through the wreckage and remains, looking for information and valuables. The potions and scrolls they were holding are destroyed, you do find the metal objects have survived.

Loot
mithral shirt x3
+1 hand crossbow x3
mwk sword cane x3
mwk thieves’ tools x3
225 gp


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Know (Nature)

Bazsil pauses from his pulling off the smoking armors to look at the creatures from which they come, trying simultaneously to turn his nose from the smell and keep his eyes on what he is doing.

”I thought this one looked ugly on the outside, but the smell is even worse,” Bazsil says of the Borpleganger. ”Well, at least they brought us some nice weapons to offer to the war effort.”

When the weapons and armors are looted and cleaned, Bazsil will return to building up the defenses, but not before slapping Krowe soundly on the back. ”Good job, Krowe. It was a fine plan that worked nicely. Your drinks tonight are on me. This is going to into the song. *THE* song. Ah yeah. This was good.”

Shadow Lodge

Bazsil is able to identify the impostors as doppelgangers, shape-shifting humanoids with the ability to read minds and assume the form of other creatures. This is no doubt how they were able to impersonate you and sabotage the defenses.


AC 31 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 95/95 | F+10 R +10 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

"Great plan indeed! Nasty creatures. Makes me wonder how many more are out there..."

He cleans up the loot and wonders how to dispose of the bodies.

Dark Archive

Male Human 9 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"Anyone out there could be one...How can we weed out creature's with that ability?" He flops around the Borpleganger to get a better look at it. As the bodies are dealt with by the authorities Bor returns to helping build the town's defenses.


Human | AC 14(22) FF 11(19) T 14(22)| HP 66/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”Almost got yourself styxed berk. Next time let the ugly one be the bait”

”Which one is that...” Krowe mutters, brushing soot and cinders off his burned clothes. He looks around the ruined workshop and his shattered and destroyed alchemical equipment and takes a calming breath.

”This worked almost too well. Didn’t expect three of them. Or all those fireballs. I honestly don’t know how I survived.”

Moving to examine the saboteurs, he nods at Bazsil’s assessment. ”We should inform
the Mayor and count his advisors - see if any have suddenly gone missing.”

Shadow Lodge

You spend the night cleaning up the lab and the bodies. The city guard prove helpful and decide the easiest thing is to leave everything as is until morning.

You catch a few hours of sleep and healing before meeting with the mayor at the site of the attack. He is alone and nods at the mess. "Well, I'm quite impressed. You were able to take out three of these blaggards, or at least force them to take themselves out. Do you think we're free of the sabotage now, or are there steps we should take?"


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil smiles at Krowe, happy to have the man alive. He's a good man, Krowe is.

"Yes, Mayor, Krowe's plan worked well," Bazsil slaps Krowe's back again. "We were lucky and we do not know if there are more, but we shall continue our preparations for the attack. We have a lot of work to do, and hopefully we can be ready."

Bazsil is anxious to get back to work.


AC 31 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 95/95 | F+10 R +10 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan nods in agreement, "We've set them back, but there may be more. We'll just have to be vigilant and repair that which is broken as we go along."

Shadow Lodge

The mayor nods. "Before you're back to increasing our defenses, let me bring up another problem." He seems reluctant to go on, but eventually swallows his pride. "I asked one of my old adventuring companions and rivals to aid us. I sent two riders to her tower and they haven't returned. The tower is only 20 miles to the northwest, in fact you probably rode around it while you were exploring the Hollow Hills."

He unrolls a map and points out the location. "Navah is a powerful wizard and we could use her help. I fear that if she's fallen to the Legion they'll use her tower as a forward base to organize their attack. Are you willing to follow my messengers, find out what happened to them and Navah, and ask for her help?"


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil shrugs, nods.

"Sure, we could use a powerful wizard at our side," he agrees, never feeling like he has enough magic. "I think we could do this, right guys?"

Bazsil looks to the others, hopeful on getting out of town for a bit.

Dark Archive

Male Human 9 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

"As long as she knows we are coming and not there to attack her ourselves." Bor was eager to have a powerful wizard on their side, but not so eager as to sneak up on a wizard's tower in the middle of a war. "But, I think we can do it alright."


Human | AC 14(22) FF 11(19) T 14(22)| HP 66/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe nods, silently agreeing with the mercs, but he isn’t enthusiastic about meeting a wizard. The secrets of magic he has gleaned are ill-gotten, and he wonders if a true scholar of the art might sense his powers as fraudulent. On the other hand, the lack of reply from the wizard may indicate she has fallen to a Legion attack, and a wizard’s tower may hold valuable knowledge and artifacts.


AC 31 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 95/95 | F+10 R +10 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

"Yeah, sure." Faolan is willing to stretch his legs a bit. "How will she know we're friendlies? As Bor says, we don't want to piss her off by mistake."

3,301 to 3,350 of 3,719 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Balodek's Ironfang Invasion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.