Balodek's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Balodek

Ironfang Invasion GM'd by Balodek

Treasure Sheet

Refugee Camp Spreadsheet

Nesmian Plains

Chernasardo

Caves

Ruins

Current Battle


501 to 550 of 3,457 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

The mite looks at you unhappily.

"Is long walk human, take all day. You untie hands?"

You estimate the logging camp is four or five miles to the northwest. The mite has indicated the shiney house is directly east of where you are and a day of travel. This would put you almost back to the camp.

The wolf watches as you leave camp and you hear a howl as the clearing is left behind.

Let me know which direction you decide to go, logging camp or shiney house. Didn't have my pdf handy for the last few days so I wasn't sure exactly how far it would be. I've updated the Chesernado link above so you can make an informed decision.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor looks around to tell where they are going. Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Spinning around he orients himself. "This shiny house is in the opposite direction. Going to add a day at least to the trip. We need to check on the Logging Camp for survivors first I think. Though can we risk dragging this guy around?"


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe ponders the advice from Bor. His sense of direction was so untrained he hadn’t considered how far afield the detour would take them. Looking at the mite, he says, ”These things didn’t seem too dangerous. One of them, tied up as he is, shouldn’t be a problem. Let’s take him with us to the logging camp, then have him guide us to the shiney house.”

To the mite, ”You stay with us, going that way today,” He points northwest, then swings his arm east, ”Then to the shiney house tomorrow. If you are helpful, I promise food, and to free you, and maybe give you some of these...”

Krowe fishes a few silver and gold from his pouch and lets the mite see it.

To the logging camp. The mite stays tied up on the leash.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil looks at Krowe as the man negotiates with the mite. Bazsil doesn't mind the accommodation and follows Bor to the logging camp.

"Why is the logging camp so far away from people? Couldn't they cut trees closer to home?" Bazsil says, knowing nothing about logging.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan scowls but goes along with the group for now, though he does suggest, "I suspect we're going to need to escort the loggers back to camp, which means dragging this mite for days. Seems wrong to me for the location of something we don't even know what it is. Could be a crystal outcropping or something. Useless."

"I say we cut him loose and focus on what's important, not traipsing around the woods for days on end. Hobgoblins are killing people, building fortifications, and god knows what else while we wander out here looking for shinies."

Faolan walks to the logging camp with the others.

Shadow Lodge

You resume your journey to the logging camp, Gristledown, leaving behind the wolf den and a handful of mite corpses. You make the best time you can with the mite in tow, its constant whining and small size slowing you down.

As you near Gristledown and the edge of the forest you can again feel the wind. Taking a moment to breathe in after days of heavy trees and rough travel you catch a hint of smoke and blood on the air.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan frowns as the air carries the odors of battle and death. He readies his shield and says, "Leave that Mite tied to a tree or something. I don't think we should bring him with in case he shouts and gives away our position."

When the others are ready, he creeps forward, trying use whatever he can for cover and trying to keep quiet.

Stealth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil sniffs the air and grunts.

"Looks like we're too late," he says, readying his bow. "Let's be careful in our approach. And yeah, Faolan, let's tie up that mite. We can't be carrying him around forever."

Bazsil will help Krowe severely bind the mite in a tree...not at ground level, but above wolf on hind legs area.

old skool use rope: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Use rope

When that is done and he is satisfied the mite is safe and secure, he will creep after Faolan.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Stealth

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Bor follows Baszil, his armor clinking away in the quiet forest. "See what we have here so we can get rid of this little goblin." He points to the smurf-goblin tied to the tree. "He is slowing us down."

Smelling the air. "Maybe that is hobgoblin blood and they defended themselves?"

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Ummm. Does anyone else see my profile picture is now a smurf? I typed smurf-goblin in and somehow my profile picture is now a smurf? I think I broke Paizo.

Shadow Lodge

You make your way towards the camp, some of you quieter than others. The mite elects not to reveal your position, quite certain Krowe would happily slit his throat as soon as look at him.

Gristledown appears to have consisted of a longhouse, several canvas-walled huts, and a work shed. Most of these are gone now, leaving only 2 charred walls of the longhouse. Of the residents you see ample sign in the form of a half dozen bloody flayed skins nailed to the burnt timbers.

Near the former longhouse you also see a large patch of red mud which seems to move and bubble as you watch. The smell of badly cooked meat is strong without the trees to block your senses.

Estimate you are 100 feet from the longhouse and mud patch. You see six skins nailed up, leaving you at least 6 unaccounted for.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan gestures to the others and begins to move sideways around the camp in a large circle keeping to cover for now. He's looking for evidence of the Hobgoblins trail, or the other six residents.

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

He'll circle all the way around the camp back to the starting point. If he sees nothing of note, he'll stride into the camp, shield up, looking for further clues.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Why can't I roll this well in combat? It's a curse I tell you.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil looks over the grizzly scene, trying not to blanch. He fails, spitting out some bile.

"Looks like we're too late. Should we even bother getting closer? Probably... Bazsil doesn't look too excited about the prospect, but knows his train of thought will lead to him going in there.

"We, let's get on with it." Bazsil says sneaking closer while trying to keep an eye out for trouble.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Stealth
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Perception

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor quickly realizes that the gruesome scene must be real if the others are also seeing it. His hands shake and his mind races at the outright horror. "I had heard the stories but I never thought the Hobgoblins would take it this far." He whispers as he walks to the flayed skins and following Faolan into the camp.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Shadow Lodge

GM Stuff:

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

As the group searches the area they find hobgoblin tracks leading into the camp from the South and away to the North. No sign of the missing six loggers is evident in the Northern tracks. Moving closer to the longhouse you view the skins with disgust and the smell of the bubbling red mud grows worse.

Faolan notices that one of the skins seems to be moving on its own.
Before he can warn you bloody clawed hands burst from the muddy ground as four skeletons rise from twisted earth. If that were not enough to drive a man mad the skin Faolan saw moving flies off the nails, wet skin tearing, to wrap itself around one of the skeletons.

Faolan may act in the Surprise round. I rolled for Krowe but he did not beat the Stealth check of the skin.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: Surprise

Status:
HP: 24/24 | AC: 19 (f14/t11) (included: -1 from song) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Skinwalker
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

SuA: Short charge and attack.
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21 (charge) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Faolan charges (if possible, if not, -2 on the attack or no attack and he simply closes) the skin-wearing skeleton and swings, shouting, ”Abomination!”

Shadow Lodge

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Skin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Skeleton
Krowe
Bazsil
Skin
Bor

Faolan slams his shield into the skin, cracking the bones of the skeleton underneath but not dropping it.

Rather than wait for Faolan and then skeletons I will post the actions of the 3 unskinned skeletons. If necessary we'll retcon any damage and that'll keep things moving.

Three of the skeletons return the favor by slashing their claws at Faolan.

Skeleton1@Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d4 ⇒ 4
Skeleton1@Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d4 ⇒ 3
Skeleton2@Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d4 ⇒ 3
Skeleton2@Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d4 ⇒ 2
Skeleton3@Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 111d4 ⇒ 3
Skeleton3@Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d4 ⇒ 3

Yep, that's about what I figured.

Skin:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 22 (4d8+4)
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
Defensive Abilities amorphous; Immune undead traits
OFFENSE
Speed fly 40 ft. (average)
Melee bite +6 (1d4), 2 claws +6 (1d4 plus grab)
Special Attacks constrict (1d4), control body, enshroud,
grab (Medium)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd; concentration +4)
Constant—detect undead
1/day—command undead (DC 13)
16/22

Skeleton:

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 11, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 7 (1d8+2); fast healing 1
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2
Defensive Abilities channel resistance +4; DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +0 (1d4)
2/7 7/7 7/7 7/7

Faolan, Krowe, Bazsil are up.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 1, Init 11

Free:
Move: Move to within a clear charge.
Stnd: Start heroic song.

"Ah, we're boned," Bazsil growls in a low voice, not liking undead. He begins an angry chant, seeking to inspire Bor and Faolan.

"Skeleton's bones crushed to dust,
Lumberjack's murder we solves,
Faolan's shield carve the path
Feed these bones to the wolves."

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Words: 3/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1, Initiative: 20

Status:
HP: 24/24 | AC: 20 (f15/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Skinwalker
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

FuA: Shield flurry on the skinwalker.
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Faolan keeps his shield between the skeletons and himself, though he continues to concentrate on the one with skin. He seems like trouble. He swings in the wind twice, simply fanning him in case he was warm.

I go before Bazsil, so no song for me as yet.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 1
Free: be horrified
SA: summon eagle
MA: grab wand of magic missile

Krowe recoils at the sight of the undead and horrid animated skin. ”How do we kill something already dead?!”

Not waiting for an answer, he grabs for his wand and focuses his connection on the unnatural and extra planar and hopes a fiendish creature might manage the deed.

”Sessael!!”

The blackbird arrives, diving from a burst of smoke into the back of the skinned skeleton.

Flanking with Faolan. Rage doesn’t kick in yet since Krowe acts before Bazsil.
Talon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Talon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Shadow Lodge

The skin shreds under the bird assault. Legs long gone the flying skin leaps off the crumbled skeleton and attacks Faolan, attempting to wrap itself around him.

Skin@Faolan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d4 ⇒ 3
Skin@Faolan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d4 ⇒ 1
Skin@Faolan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d4 ⇒ 1

Claw Attack 1 Grab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

The flying skin begins to wrap itself around Faolan.

Turn Tracker
Faolan
Skeleton
Krowe
Bazsil
Skin
Bor

Skin:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 22 (4d8+4)
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
Defensive Abilities amorphous; Immune undead traits
OFFENSE
Speed fly 40 ft. (average)
Melee bite +6 (1d4), 2 claws +6 (1d4 plus grab)
Special Attacks constrict (1d4), control body, enshroud,
grab (Medium)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd; concentration +4)
Constant—detect undead
1/day—command undead (DC 13)
1/22

Skeleton:

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 11, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 7 (1d8+2); fast healing 1
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2
Defensive Abilities channel resistance +4; DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +0 (1d4)
7/7 7/7 7/7

Bor Turn 1 and Faolan Turn 2 actions please.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor faith enshrouds and shields his body from harm as the horror rises around him. "No.." He quakes in his boots until it is too late. the skeletons swarm around them and the skin creature wraps itself around Faolan. I need to move. I need to help. His mind thinks and his body just begins to react. His hand reaches down and feels the medallion at his chest. The circled links. One for each veil.

SA: Shield of Faith
MA: Move to the skin

Status:

HP 14/14
AC 19 (21 w/ Shield of Faith; 23 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x1
Vision of Madness 8/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
CPE 2/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2, Initiative: 20

Status:
HP: 23/24 | AC: 20 (f15/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Skinwalker
- - -
Conditions: Song (+2 Str/Con, +1 Will, -1 AC, skill limits), Grappled
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

FuA: Shield flurry on the skinwalker.
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 1 = 12 (song, grapple) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7 (song)
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 1 = 5 (song, grapple) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11 (song)

Faolan very nearly freaks out when he’s grappled by the skin. He thrashes about with his shield trying to get it off him… Alas in his fear, he manages nothing of substance.

"Get it off me!"

Shadow Lodge

Faolan's wild attacks do little to deter the skin as it begins to envelop him. The skeletons turn to softer prey and attempt to sink their claws into Bor.

Skeleton1@Bor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d4 ⇒ 4
Skeleton1@Bor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d4 ⇒ 3
Skeleton2@Bor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d4 ⇒ 2
Skeleton2@Bor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d4 ⇒ 3
Skeleton3@Bor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d4 ⇒ 1
Skeleton3@Bor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d4 ⇒ 3

His faith proves stronger than his fear as the skeletons fail to find his flesh.

Turn Tracker Turn 2
Faolan
Skeleton
Krowe
Bazsil
Skin
Bor

Skin:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 22 (4d8+4)
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
Defensive Abilities amorphous; Immune undead traits
OFFENSE
Speed fly 40 ft. (average)
Melee bite +6 (1d4), 2 claws +6 (1d4 plus grab)
Special Attacks constrict (1d4), control body, enshroud,
grab (Medium)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd; concentration +4)
Constant—detect undead
1/day—command undead (DC 13)
1/22

Skeleton:

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 11, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 7 (1d8+2); fast healing 1
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2
Defensive Abilities channel resistance +4; DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +0 (1d4)
7/7 7/7 7/7

Krowe and Baszil!


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Round 2, Init 11

Free: Continue warsong.
Move: Charge to skin.
Stnd: Slash skin.

Continuing his song, he looks at the skin/skeletons before charging.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Know (Religion) - skin?

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17 to hit; (charge)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 slashing damage.

"Skeleton's bones crushed to dust,
Lumberjack's murder we solves,
Faolan's shield carve the path
Feed these bones to the wolves."

Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath:
Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Words: 4/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Shadow Lodge

Forgot to halve the damage the skin took while wrapping the skeleton. Even with that it had 9 left instead of 1, but since Faolan wasn't wrapped yet the skin would take full damage instead of transferring to Faolan.

Bazsil's slash destroys whatever force animated the skin, leaving Faolan's own hide intact.

Turn Tracker Turn 2
Faolan
Skeleton
Krowe
Bazsil
Bor

Skeleton:

Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 11, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 7 (1d8+2); fast healing 1
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2
Defensive Abilities channel resistance +4; DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +0 (1d4)
7/7 7/7 7/7

Krowe and now Bor to act in Round 2, Faolan in Round 3.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 3, Initiative: 20

Status:
HP: 23/24 | AC: 19 (f14/t11) (included -1 for song) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Skeletons
- - -
Conditions: Song (+2 Str/Con, +1 Will, -1 AC, skill limits)
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Faolan praises Baszil, ”Well struck! Now I can focus…”

FuA: Shield flurry on the skeletons. If he drops one, he’ll swing on another.
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 (song)
Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 (song)

critthreat Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23 (song) damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 (song)


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Round 2
SA: wand of magic missile on skeleton
MA: none
Eagle: full attack nearest skeleton

Krowe blasts a skeleton with magic as his blackbird claws and pecks at another.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Add +2 if Flanking is available. Rage active.
Talon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Talon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor grips the circlets underneath his shirt as pulses of positive energy stream out from in between his fingers, scorching the undead.

Channel Pos Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3 DC 10 for half

He tries to contain the power, but it begins to become to much for him to handle as he loses his grip and it vanishes. A bead of sweat begins to form on his now damp brow.

Status:

HP 14/14
AC 19 (21 w/ Shield of Faith; 23 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) Shield of Faith x1
Vision of Madness 8/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
CPE 1/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

Skeleton1 DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Skeleton2 DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Skeleton3 DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

The skeletons resist the channel and their bones prove resilient to the bird beak and talons. One of them crumbles beneath the magic missle and divine magic while the last two are smashed by Faolan.

Combat over.

You pause to take stock but see no other threats.


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil stops his song, letting his deep voice fade away so he can listen for other threats. When none appear, and after checking to see that no one is severely wounded, he will slowly reexamine the camp. He looks for survivors. He looks for loot. He looks for supplies.

General take 10: 16 Perception.

"Let's hope there is something of value left."


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe stares at the bloody remains.

"Bah. Deaders are so boring. They destroy, but without purpose. I can offer so much more."

Ignoring the commentary, Krowe moves to search the area with Bazsil. "Have you heard of hobgoblins using necromancy like this before?" He asks, trying to make sense of the scene.

Will cast detect magic and make an active perception check.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5
Oberon wrote:
"Have you heard of hobgoblins using necromancy like this before?"

"Once." Bor mumbles, more to himself than that of an answer. His hands shake. That is the cause of his visions. His misfortune. Why he has been on the run for so long. He was sure the man he trusted for so ling. The man who promised him a future. The group promised sight beyond the veil. Though as they looked beyond Bor saw the group for what they truly were. Monsters. He was sure they were hobgoblins. They had to be. Right?

He clears his head and helps look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Shadow Lodge

A quick search reveals a canvas satchel containing a 10-pound sack of coffee beans, a masterwork kukri, and a healer’s kit. Around the neck of the flying skin Krowe spots a magical aura, closer inspection reveals a mummified hand that is actually a hand of the mage. The rest of the camp appears to have been looted.

Though he was avoiding it Bor forces himself to look at the ground from which the skeletons burst. The mud is no longer churning but it is still stained red. Several other bones are sticking out of the dirt and it would appear you may have found a mass grave.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan looks for water with which to clean the gore of the skin from his body. He doesn't use the parties drinking water, but nearly anything else will do. Once he's cleaned the worst of the gore off himself, he collects himself, and attends to the issues at hand.

"By the gods that was horrible. I've fought hobgoblins before, but I never experienced anything like this! Damnit!" if it's explained to him what the Hand of the Mage does, he suggests destroying it immediately and burying it.

Indeed he carefully puts the bones and skin back into the mass grave. It may not be a good grave, but it's better then lying out in the open he feels. He piles more dirt and rocks overtop, and affixes a simple headstone of some sort if there's time.

That done, he suggests, "Let us see what this 'shiney' is then. It would be good to bring back something other than bad news to the larger group - and I don't want to camp anywhere near here tonight!"


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

Bazsil looks into the mass grave.

"I guess it was nice that they dug a grave. In a way, that's better than allowing the bodies to fester for the wolves. I dunno. Are we sure this was hobgoblins that did this?" Bazsil seems uncertain about who would kill and bury the bodies.

"C'mon, Bor," Bazsil claps the man on the shoulder, trying to rouse himself out of his own ill feelings, pushing away panic and fear. "Let's find out about the shinies." Bazsil follows Faolan, putting on a brave face.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor's shoulder jerks with Bazsil's clap. He rises to his feet somberly. "Yea, I guess there is nothing left here. Though still no sign of the missing six." He brushes his hands off and goes to grab the mite.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

”Six missing people isn’t a small group. They might have left tracks.” Krowe circles the camp, looking for any sign of passage.

Survival (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Shadow Lodge

A quick search of the area for tracks reveals nothing further. The force that moved into the camp is the same size that moved out, as far as you can tell. The mass grave area seems large enough to hold the missing six but you'd need to dig them up to be sure.

You do feel a sense of dread over the camp and this does not lessen as you cover the dead again.

Let me know if you guys want to retcon anything, as Krowe states you haven't found sign of the 6 missing loggers. There is also some information below that may change your actions.

K. Religion DC 15:

The creature you defeated is known as a shredskin and is created from a horrible death where the creature was skinned alive.

The skeletons are bloody skeletons and will reform every hour until laid to rest.

The mass grave is not likely to appease the dead, you'd need to bury them individually or perform some form of rites over the dead to ease them to their final judgement.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Faolan, reburying the dead in the mass grave, realizes something while working. "Uh, guys? I don't think this is going to work. I think these are 'bloody' skeletons, a special kind of creature that will continue to reform unless we do the job right."

"That means digging up everyone in the mass grave, and laying them out individually - as much as we can anyway. It'd be nice if someone could perform last rights, but I dunno that I remember all the words. I dabbled a bit, but don't really remember much."

"Anyone have a shovel?"

He'll check the camp for simple tools that might have been left behind and considered valueless. If not, he'll use his dagger to break up the ground, and his shield to scrape the dirt away. He starts digging.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9
Balodek wrote:
K. Religion DC 15:

You guys know what this means, right? XP FARMING!!! Woohoo!! I say we grind up to about 5th lvl then go take back the town. At 200 xp per burning skeleton * 6 per day...<maths>...about 2 weeks.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Know (Religion)

"What? Are you sure?" Bazsil asks Faolan, then looks to others for confirmation. "If you say so...uh, I guess I could say a few words..." Bazsil looks at Bor, hoping to be stopped.

Bazsil does not have a shovel, but is happy to use one of Faolan's shields to dig. He does work hard and quietly to help get the graves dug after his initial confusion.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor shrugs at Bazsil. "Seems the right thing to do. Though in truth it cold be a giant waste of time, besides making us feel better about just leaving them."

Bor waits for the shovel, taking turns so someone doesn't overwork themselves.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 37/71 | F +7 R +8 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +15 | Sense Motive +1

"Right. Wrong." Krowe shrugs. "At some point loggers will return to this camp and we shouldn't leave these restless dead to attack them when they do."

Without any tools to aid in the process, Krowe grabs the magic dagger from his haversack and looks for some soft earth to dig some graves in.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You spend 4 hours exhuming and inhuming the corpses. Strangely the skeletons fail to appear on a regular one hour schedule in conveniently handled waves, despite Bazsil burying them waist deep in the dirt with their arms detached. Your exertions reveal not only 8 more mangled corpses, some of them with their skins but most without, but also various geegaws and widgets.

342 gp
87 sp
112 cp
four +1 frost crossbow bolts
plain gold wedding band
silver medal emblazoned with the crest of Mendev hanging on a steel chain

As the final rites are given over the 12 new graves, you feel the pall raise from the air. Your breathing lightens and you feel as if the last 4 hours of hard labor was no trial at all. Making your way back to the tree where you tied the mite you find a lack of roots and limbs in your way, as if the forest itself was more at peace.

Your serenity is shattered at the site of the mite, the clearly despondent creature having used the tree for various functions while you were away.

"You lived. Yay."

It glares at you while you untie it and lead it away from the logging camp. Half your day is gone but you resolve to make at least some progress. You find your path unhindered for the rest of the day and make unprecedented time towards your supposed destination.

Figure 3 to 4 more hours of travel in this day, that will take you mostly back to the road, going a slightly different route than you took before following the mite.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Know (Religion, untrained but bardic)

When the individual graves are ready, Bazsil will do his level best to lay each one to rest from what he remembers of Erastil's trainings.

Bazsil sticks an arrow in the forehead of each of the skulls, so that Erastil might know where to shoot to draw the souls to Pharasma's judgement.

That makes sense. I'm sure.

He then straightens to speak over the graves. He sprinkles some 'holy water*' over the graves as he speaks.

"Erastil, please take the warriors, these lumberjacks, these workers of earth to Pharasma's judgement. Give them the benefit of your wisdom and guidance. Make sure that they keep their spiritual women in line. Make sure that men do the hunting. Make sure that conservative values are honored always choosing the old ways, no matter how much they suck or are lame. Let no woman do the man's job and let the man always be on top during sexy time. I ask this in the name of Erastil."

Bazsil bows solemnly over the graves in silent prayer...and then puts the last of the dirts over the graves.

Nailed it. Just like any Erastillian would have done.

*:
Water with a mixture of bark and dirt mixed in.


AC 30 Flat 20 Touch 16 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan, sweating, stands calm and still during Bazsil's eulogy. He's not sure if Erastil is like that, but he knows no better and smiles as the pall seems lifted.

"Well done."

His smile tips to a frown when he sees the Mite, and what he's done to himself while they've been away. Such a nasty creature.

He does what he can to make decent headway that afternoon, and when it comes time to rest for the day, he's ready. He takes his watch, and likely spends more time eyeing the Mite than seeking danger.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Bor stands aghast at what a mite can do to a tree. "Ugh...And I have seen some things in my time."

If we had the water to spare I would hose the vermin down.

He gives the entangled mite a small shove on the shoulder. "Let's get moving."

Shadow Lodge

You find a camp for the night and prepare your watches.

How do you secure the mite, what watch rotation are you using and what steps are you taking to hide your camp?


Half Elf Horn Dude 9 AC 20/17/14 / HP75 / F +8 R +7 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +14/ Sense Motive +18/Diplo +18 Nature+11 Local+12 Arcana/Geog/Dung+9
Bazsil Grimalkin wrote:
Bazsil wakes Faolan after his first watch and heads to bed.

We have a precedent for watches. We'll continue with Bazsil, then Faolan, then Bor & Krowe for the 3rd watch. He will let others decid about hiding and additional binding of mites.

Bazsil will hog tie, then retie the mite to a easily visible tree during the night. He will take his turn at watch, then wake Faolan.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 91/91 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +5; W+13 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +17; SM +5

Knowing he has watch in a few hours Bor strips off all of his armor and weapons, setting them next to him in a neat pile. He makes sure that everything is put in the exact same place each time before laying down. If something were to happen in the pitch black he would know exactly where to find something. Muscle memory.

Laying down he turns over. "Wake me if that thing desecrates another tree. I'll help it sleep."

501 to 550 of 3,457 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Balodek's Ironfang Invasion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.