Balodek's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Balodek

Ironfang Invasion GM'd by Balodek

Treasure Sheet

Refugee Camp Spreadsheet

Nesmian Plains

Chernasardo

Caves

Ruins

Current Battle


551 to 600 of 3,178 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan, both uncomfortable and pleased at the hog-tieing of the Mite, takes up his watch with care. He keeps a fire going so he can see at least a little, and tries to have a torch at the ready in case of encounter.

As for hiding the camp, other than trying to find someplace low or tree shrouded to hide the fire's light from a distance, he doesn't really know what to do.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 48/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1
Balodek wrote:

The mite...

"You lived. Yay."

This cracks me up. I think we need to get a name for him.

Krowe frowns at the mite, knowing he will have to extract the disgusting creature from its situation. He wonders if dragging the little monster along will be worth the effort, but they’ve come this far so they may as well see it through.

However nasty the mite is, Krowe feels like he understands it somewhat. Weak, helpless, enslaved. Such things he is familiar with, and he pities the creature. While the group marches along he attempts communication with it, wondering if it could be a loyal servant under the right motivation, be it gratefulness, greed, or fear.

While traveling, Krowe will try to learn the mite’s name and coerce it into willing service. He will offer food and water, remind the mite of its gold reward, and will promise to remove the rope after the group reaches the shiny house.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Upon setting up camp Krowe secures the mite to a tree using the manacles the group found a while back, but tries to give it a few feet of freedom so it can sit or lay down.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

You feed it, you take care of it. That means you will have to feed it, each day, take it potty, clean up after it. :)

Shadow Lodge

Night Encounters:

1d100 ⇒ 31
1d100 ⇒ 79
1d100 ⇒ 90
1d100 ⇒ 94

The mite eyes Krowe with suspicion but given it has nowhere to go it eventually gives in.

"My name Plug. You name Bird. Me no care others."

It eats the food and drinks the water after sniffing it for a bit. As you move about the camp the rest of the night you see Plug watching you.

The evening passes without incident and the mite is still roped, chained, and manacled to the tree when you awake. You pack up and prepare to move towards the shiney house. Before you leave camp you hear a soft hoot from the trees ahead. You see an owl looking at you before it drops something from its beak. The object lands on the ground near you before the owl ghosts away, a mournful hoot trailing into the forest.

Inspection of the object reveals magical bracers. Inspection shows them to be lesser bracers of archery.

"That happen to you a lot?" Plug asks Krowe.

You resume your travel through the forest, taking half a day following the mites instructions. The easy travel from yesterday is gone, every knotted tree root now feeling like a personal insult.

A wooden cabin, small and square, stands in a clearing dotted with tree stumps. Someone has deforested this area to make room for the structure, leaving only tall grass to carpet the clearing. A jumble of poles near the cabin serves as a rack for drying animal hides or fish. No smoke issues from the chimney.

"That shiney house. I can go now?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17
Balodek wrote:

Before you leave camp you hear a soft hoot from the trees ahead. You see an owl looking at you before it drops something from its beak. The object lands on the ground near you before the owl ghosts away, a mournful hoot trailing into the forest.

* * *

"That shiney house. I can go now?"

"What is that?" Baszil asks as he goes to retrieve the dropped item, picking them up, and looking again for the owl.

"Did you guys see that? Bor? Krowe? What the hell? Wow...wow...woah..." Bazsil is quite stunned, but accepts the bracers. He dons them thinking that he might be the best to use them for now as he has the best bow in the group. The thought of a chanting archer bard is ridiculous in his mind...an embarrassment to both bards and archers.

"We might not be alone out here, guys." Bazsil says, continuing to look for the owl as he walks.

* * *
When he can see the shiney house, Bazsil has to agree that the mite kept his word and appreciates that this wasn't a snipe hunt.

He looks at Krowe. "You can let him go if you want. Let him know that if he attacks any more wolves or us, we'll kill him dead. Humans and innocent animals are off limits. I mean it. There won't be more mercies. Ever," Bazsil rumble to Krowe.

He won't be approaching the house until the mite is dealt with.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 48/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

The owl’s gift seems a boon to the mercs, but it worries Krowe. Someone is watching them, and offering help, but remaining anonymous and keeping their distance. It makes him suspicious.

”I don’t want to look a gift owl in the beak, but this worries me. Why isn’t whoever sent that animal revealing themselves? Let us know if you notice anything odd about those bracers.” He adds to Bazsil.

To Plug’s question, Krowe explains their situation, informing the little mite about the hobgoblin army and that their group is looking for supplies and a way to fight back. He warns Plug to stay away from Phaendar but doesn’t mention the other survivors or where they are held up.

Upon arriving at the “Shiny House” Krowe releases Plug and offers him a gold piece, the contract complete.

When Plug is gone, Krowe turns to Bazsil. ”You think that was mercy? Plug has lost his friends, perhaps his family. We then tied him up, marched him through a dangerous forest, and sent him off alone. He might have been better off dead.”

Krowe readies his heavy crossbow and loads it with one of the magic bolts found at the logging camp.

Unless someone else wants some Krowe will claim all the bolts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17
Oberon Krowe wrote:
When Plug is gone, Krowe turns to Bazsil. ”You think that was mercy? Plug has lost his friends, perhaps his family. We then tied him up, marched him through a dangerous forest, and sent him off alone. He might have been better off dead.”

Bazsil shrugs, wondering that too.

"I don't think it matters what I think. It matters what he thinks...and he will probably think it as mercy...or weakness. He's an evil sort and will probably think we are weak and foolish for not binding him to our wills more permanently. They don't think the way we do, I don't think," Bazsil replies, not having a good way to explain the nature of evil.

"What matters is that we upheld our part of the deal."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

"What makes you think the owl was sent?" Bor starts to become a little suspicious. "It is possible it just picked them up as they were shiny." Though he does think about it and looks around for more owls.

Bor watches as Krowe has a few last words with the mite before releasing his pet. "We may all have been better off dead in this situation." He watches to make sure the mite actually runs off before heading into the Shiny House.


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan is surprised by the owl and its apparent gift. Superstitiously he asks, ”Do you suppose that’s the forest thanking us for the undead thing back there? A little of Erastil’s bounty for the words Bazsil said?”

Regarding the Mite he adds, ”I agree, it’s evil and likely won’t hold to whatever oath we make ‘im take. But we stood by our end and that is what is important.” he nods at Bazsil’s assessment.

When Bor suggests the owl did that naturally he laughs, ”Listen to yourself man. Those bracers aren’t light. Why would an owl work that hard to carry them? Why not one at a time to and fro? No, this is a gift, we just don’t know who… or what… sent it.”

When the Mite moves off, he too joins the others toward the shiny house.

Shadow Lodge

As you release the mite he shakes out his arms and sullenly moves away. You hear him relieve himself against a tree and then call out.

"Hey Bird! You look at this."

He then runs away into the forest.

You go look:

You are expecting the puddle the mite left behind, but are surprised to see that he left it on the bones of a dead forest creature. Looking up you see the tree has been scratched, parallel grooves marring the bark, 8 groves running from 6 feet to 3 feet above the ground.

After you do or don't look and move into the clearing:

You move into the clearing, looking for shinies. You notice that the tree stumps are weathered and the grass tall as you move towards the cabin. A howling begins in the forest as you fully enter the clearing, setting the hairs on the back of your neck prickling.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 48/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

Though he suspects a prank, Krowe goes to look.

”Everyone.. I think you need to see this.” He says, showing the marked tree. ”I’m not sure if the mite is laughing at us or trying to warn us, but I don’t think it needs to be said that we should be cautious.”

Krowe casts a spell to armor himself before the group continues. Mage armor

Survival (untrained) to learn anything about marked tree?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

"I didn't know you studied urology, Krowe," Bazsil rumbles deeply as he comes up to check out the mite pee. He sniffs at it, then notices the groovings in the tree.

"Oh! OOH! Lookee at that! Must be a big *something* around here. Let's be careful."

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Know (Nature) - claw marks

He readies his bow for trouble, anxious to try out his new bracers to see if they work or are an owl joke.

"C'mon," Bazsil follows the party closer to the shiney house of large, be-clawed animals.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor rushes over, half expecting another treasure and instead finds what he should have from the mite. A piss soaked skeleton. "I still think, the little s&&! led us into a trap." Bor says as he pulls his shield down and moves in towards the cabin.

Shadow Lodge

Neither Oberon nor Krowe are able to identify the marks. You proceed with caution towards the cabin.

Stuff and things:

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Bor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Bazsil: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Faolan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Krowe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 4

Your careful search as you move allows Bazsil to notice the jaws of a bear trap as they spring closed on him through the tall grass.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 132d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13

The trap misses and flakes of rust fly up as the jaws scrape together with a load clang. Whatever howling creature you heard earlier takes this opportunity to strike, springing from the grass and biting Krowe.

Howler: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

The rest of you turn to find Krowe in the jaws of a forest cat.

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Howler: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Turn 1
Faolan
Bor
Bazsil
Krowe
Howler

Howler:

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+4 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 19 (3d8+6)
Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee bite +6 (1d6+3 plus grab), 2 claws +6 (1d3+3)
Special Attacks pounce, rake (2 claws +6, 1d3+3)
19/19


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1, Initiative: 18

Status:
HP: 23/24 | AC: 20 (f15/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: Forest Cat
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

MvA: Close into flank
StA: Attack cat

Shield Bash (cold iron): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16 (flank) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Faolan moves into position to attack the cat chewing on Krowe. "Bad Kitty!"


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Round 1, Init 13

Free: Perception for more traps.
Move: Move to cat.
Stnd: Pet cat with sharp sword.

Surprised by the snapping trap, Bazsil is slow to see and engage with the cat. As Faolan engages, Bazsil drops his bow (he doesn't trust his aim into combat yet) and *carefully* moves to flank with Faolan, looking for more traps.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Perception

Drawing his sword as he moves, Bazsil swings at the cat.

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 to hit; (flank)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Words: 4/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor rushes the cat and grabs it by the scruff of the neck. "Get off him!"

Vision of Madness Melee Touch Attack; charge: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

Though the cat quickly jerks out of his hands.

MA: Move in melee
SA: Vision of Madness

Status:

HP 14/14
AC 19 (21 w/ Shield of Faith; 23 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st)
Vision of Madness 8/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
CPE 2/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 48/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

Round 1
SA: escape

”Arghh!!”

Despite trying to stay on his toes Krowe finds himself locked in a cat’s jaws. With few options he struggles to free himself.

Escape artist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Shadow Lodge

Per the grapple rules both the grappler and the grappled gain a -4 penalty to Dex, in this case making my AC 13. Faolan and Bazsil both hit while Bor misses, downing the cat before it can savage Krowe.

Krowe scrambles out from under the cat, the creature beaten unconscious by shield and blade. The tall grass is stained with blood and you see no other traps in the immediate area. Though of course there may be more in this clearing.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 48/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

”Where the hell did that come from?” Keeping a hand pressed to his bloody bite wound Krowe looks around, wondering if this is the type of cat that hunts in prides.

”Hey, don’t blame me berk. This was all natural.”

Scowling, Krowe gestures to the grass. ”This could conceal all manner of unpleasant surprises. Let’s go forth slowly. Take our time.”

Holding up a bloody hand, he adds, ”And I could use a some healing...”


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Bazsil takes a moment to examine the cat: just hungry? Hunter? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Know (Nature)

"Let's be careful here. A trap like the one that almost got me wouldn't be like the kindly cat licks that Krowe got. Keep an eye out," Bazsil rumbles deeply.

Bazsil takes his time in the tall grass, using his long-handled sword to step carefully in the area to avoid more traps.

Take 20: 26 Perception

He makes his way slowly to the shiny shack, looking for traps and cats.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor lays a comforting hand on Krowe.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Exchange Shield of Faith spell slot for CLW.

The wounds from the cat's claws slowly close over time. He then looks over the tall grass. "There could be more traps all over this clearing. We should move slow and follow in each other's footsteps." Bor follows behind Bazsil.

Status:

HP 14/14
AC 19 (21 w/ Shield of Faith; 23 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) CLW
Vision of Madness 8/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
CPE 2/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Shadow Lodge

Bazsil:

This is a lynx, a solitary hunter that is not likely to attack such a large group in this manner. It doesn't appear hungry so it has no doubt been feeding on the local wildlife. You also note that it moved through a field of traps to attack you exactly when you stepped in a trap.

You move slowly through the stumps and grass, finding one more bear trap on your way. The traps are tethered to stakes with 2 feet of chain and look to have been here a while. You see a few other sprung traps with old blood on them. It's reasonable to assume that if the mites were raiding this place not all of them were careful.

You make your way to the cabin without further incident. From where you stand it appears to be several decades old but the construction is sturdy.


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan approaches slowly as the others, wary of bear traps. When the group finally reaches the door, he tries the direct approach.

He knocks loudly with his shield.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Bazsil lets Faolan take the lead when they approach the cabin.

"It's entirely possible that whomever lives here doesn't want visitors, so let's be careful. We're not here to steal but if no one lives here, there might be supplies for our group," Bazsil warns, mindful of the rights of hermits and loons, casting a side-eye at Bor.

He waits to see if anyone answers.

Shadow Lodge

The forest goes temporarily silent at the banging, in the aftermath the only disturbance of the peace is creaking leather armor and Bazsil's nervous sweat. If there is anybody alive in the cabin they aren't looking for cookies.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

When others are ready, Bazsil will check the door for traps, then open it for Faolan.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Perception

"Why did the forest go quiet? This is getting weird."

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor looks around as he hadn't noticed the silence until Bazsil pointed it out. He looks around. "Usually means some bigger predator is nearby. Something worse than us...."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"You might want to get that door open quick and get us out of teh open. I have a bad feeling."

Shadow Lodge

Bazsil slips his hand past Faolan's shield, gingerly yet quickly reaching for the door knob. Giving it a quick turn and push he ducks behind the burly warrior.

Arrow: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 221d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Your fear and haste have unfortunately led to Faolan's knee being lightly skewered by an arrow. It isn't enough to end his career but it does sting.

You see only the arrow trap beyond, the rest of the cabin tucked past the entryway.

Current Battle link updated for this cabin layout.


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Status:
HP: 21/24 | AC: 20 (f15/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Front Row
Opponent: None
- - -
Conditions: None
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Faolan pulls the arrow from his leg, ”Death from a thousand cuts.” he mumbles as he enters the room carefully looking around

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

"Holy S!*~!" Bor leaps in surprise as the arrow comes out of nowhere. "Are you alright?"

We are in the main cabin correct? Not the little shed out back?

Seeing Faolan pull the arrow out and still able to walk he feels better. "We can take a look at it when we get out of here to rest." He helps look around the cabin's room.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

He looks at the bed, his mind wondering if there was a way to get it back to camp.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Bazsil grimaces as Faolan is hit in the knee, wondering too if his adventuring career is over, but relaxes as Faolan seems to take the hit without too much worry.

Phew.

He awaits with sword drawn outside, waiting to move in after Faolan.

Shadow Lodge

Main cabin, correct.

Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 4

Half of the ceiling on the cabin is collapsed, leaving part of the room in shadow. Faolan and Bor both catch a glimpse of red eyes as a lanky form moves out of the shadows. It appears to have once been a tall bearded half-elf, wielding a rusted axe in one hand. Whoever he once once, the glowing red eyes and rotted skin show that he is no longer among the living.

Initiative:

Bazsil: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Faolan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Bor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Krowe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Red-eyes: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Turn 1
Red-eyes
Bor
Faolan
Krowe
Bazsil

He moves forward and strikes at Faolan, not with his claw as you expect, but with his clawed hand.

Attack@Faolan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
If this hits you also lose one level to energy drain.

Red-eyes:

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 26 (4d8+8)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5
Defensive Abilities undead traits
Weaknesses resurrection vulnerability
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee slam +4 (1d4+1 plus energy drain)
Special Attacks create spawn, energy drain
(1 level, DC 14)
26/26

Party is up. I am flying to Boston on Sunday for a week, I will post as soon as I can while there but it will be delayed.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor reaches out for the decayed half-elf to try and push the man away, but jerks his hand back at the last moment as he quickly realizes the half-elf is dead already. "S&$#, I didn't even see him."

Bor's mind shifts to protect him from harm, before he moves in with his shield.

Shield of Faith.

Status:

HP 14/14
AC 19 (21 w/ Shield of Faith; 23 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) CLW; Shield of Faith
Vision of Madness 8/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
CPE 2/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Round 1, Init 8

Free:
Move: Move to foe.
Stnd: Swing at red eyed elf.

Bazsil moves in to support Faolan, no time for a song as he gets a late jump into the fight.

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24 to hit; (flank-maybe)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Words: 4/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 1, Initiative: 12

Status:
HP: 19/24 (-5hp neg level) | AC: 20 (f15/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +2
Back Row
Opponent: None
- - -
Conditions: 1 negative level
Equipped: Shield
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

Flat footed that surely does hit me! Negative level attacks already! Ouch!

FuA: Withdraw

Faolan takes the claw, and though it looks to be merely a scratch, the color bleeds from his face and he grows gaunter. A tuft of hair falls from his beard as he cries out, ”S~%*, what the hell is that! Don’t get touched boys, it’s not worth it!”

To avoid death from the next swipe, he retreats to the back row.


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 48/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

Round 1
SA: summon eagle
MA: grab wand of magic missile
Eagle: Attacks

”Sessael!”

Krowe summons his blackbird into the fight. Whatever this red eyed monster is, it nearly took Faolan from the right with a scratch, so he’s pulling no punches. As the bird appears and attacks, Krowe draws his magic wand.

Add +2 to hit if flanking is available.
Talon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Talon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Shadow Lodge

Bazsil and the eagle manage a few hits. The creature looks at Bazsil and its eyes seem to dim momentarily, as if remembering a previous life. The light returns burning brighter than ever and the creature claws at the half-elf with a wordless snarl.

Claw@Bazsil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
One negative level.

Turn 2
Red-eyes
Bor
Faolan
Krowe
Bazsil

Red-eyes:

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 26 (4d8+8)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5
Defensive Abilities undead traits
Weaknesses resurrection vulnerability
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee slam +4 (1d4+1 plus energy drain)
Special Attacks create spawn, energy drain
(1 level, DC 14)
14/26

Party is up, as are the wheels on my plane in 3 hours.


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Round: 2, Initiative: 12

Status:
HP: 19/24 (-5hp neg level) | AC: 20 (f15/t12) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids) | CMD 17
Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +2
Back Row
Opponent: None
- - -
Conditions: 1 negative level
Equipped: Crossbow (loaded)
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts: 20/20
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +4 (flurry -2) Damage: +4 (+1 shield bash)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +2 Damage: +0
Martial Flexibility (move): 4/4
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1

FrA: drop shield
MvA: ready crossbow
MvA: load crossbow

Faolan drops his shield and draws his crossbow - loading it. He sees Bazsil get hit and shakes his head. This is not going well.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Round 2, Init 13

Free:
Move: Move to foe.
Stnd: Swing at red eyed elf.

Bazsil feels his life drain away, suddenly understanding Faolan's hasty retreat. Bazsil momentarily thinks to retreat as well, knowing he may not life through another hit...but if that others might die if he retreated...he swings from the heels.

1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 23 to hit; (flank-maybe,-level)
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 slashing damage.

Stats of the Grim Grimalkin:

[ dice]1d20+5[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17/17
AC: 16 (4 armor, 2 dex) +2 AC vs. gobbos.

Spells: 0/3 used
Words: 4/13 used
Ironfangedness: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

[spoiler=Bazsil's Deep Song of Wrath] Bazsil has activated his bard like song. You can opt in or opt out. Your choice...but you get all or none of the below. Bazsil will be opting in because that's what he does. You get:
1) +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution
2) +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws
3) –1 penalty to AC.
4) You cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. [ /spoiler]

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor reaches out and shoves the undead away a bit, though his hand slips through some loose skin that just pulls away.

Vision of Madness Melee Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Vision of Madness- For 3 rounds. +1 to all skill checks and -1 modifier to all attack and saving throw rolls.

A small link happens between the pair as Bor's curse seeps into the half-elf.

Status:

HP 14/14
AC 19 (21 w/ Shield of Faith; 23 vs Goblinoids)
Spells Used: (1st) CLW; Shield of Faith
Vision of Madness 7/8
Sudden Shift 8/8
CPE 2/2
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 48/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

Round 2
SA: use wand of magic missile
Eagle: Attacks

The blackbird continues ripping into the red-eyed monster’s back.

Add +2 to hit if flanking is available.
Talon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Talon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Krowe follows up with a blast from his wand.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Shadow Lodge

Krowe and his eagle manage to bring down the foul undead creature with some assistance from Bazsil. The rusted axe has no value and you see no other immediate treasures in this room. Most of it appears to be smashed and exposed the the elements.

The beast itself is dressed as a trapper, and you see that one of its legs has been horribly mangled, no doubt when it was alive.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

"Great. There was nothing in here but an undead madman trying to kill us. The mite lied." Bor flips the stained mattress.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Bazsil ends the fight with his face white and ashen, his body shaking. He feels tired and broken...as if his energy at half life...and the world drained of color and joy.

Dipping to a knee, he breathes heavily and tries to accommodate his new self.

1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 1 = 9 Know (Religion) - dead thing

* * *

While others search the house, Bazsil drags the body outside to bury it and perform the same, very appropriate, last rites he had given the loggers. Erastil is the god of hunters and trappers, and Bazsil is sure that while in life, this elf probably at least paid minimal homage to the Great Hunter.

He will bury him as deep as he can, given his limited tools and time.


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

He spits a big goober of phlegm and blood as he carefully unloads his crossbow and puts it away. He picks his shield up off the ground, and notes its new heaviness. He feels rotten.

”Yeah, the mite lied. Go figure.” He leans against the door frame and tries to collect himself, but has trouble doing so. He heads outside to shake it off, and notes the outbuilding. Just to be thorough, he checks it out (though if it’s a toilet, he doesn’t search it).

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 = 26 (drain)

After a careful, but quick check around, he comes back and helps Bazsil bury the dead. ”Let’s hope this one doesn’t come back.”


Human | AC 14(18) FF 11(15) T 14(18)| HP 48/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

”I...”

”That. Was. Funny! Do you see the look on the half-breed’s face? Priceless! Ohhh, I’m dyin of laughter here. You led them into a nice little trap. Good one, berk! Haha!”

Krowe doesn’t want to believe the mite betrayed them, but the evidence is strong, and he was the one who pressed for following the creature to “shinies.” In retrospect, he wonders if it was instead saying shine eyes. He doesn’t hold much hope that anything of real value is here, but he leaves no stone unturned in searching the area and collecting any functional traps. While the blackbird is still around, he has it clear the outbuilding ahead of Faolan.

Take 20 on Perception = 21.
Collect bear traps.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17
Oberon Krowe wrote:
In retrospect, he wonders if it was instead saying shine eyes.

Good call.

Oberon Krowe wrote:
Collect bear traps.

Another good idea.

Bazsil appreciates that Faolan is going to help bury the body. The man's face looks as traumatized as his own.

"Man, one hit from that and I don't feel right. Do you?" Bazsil says while grabbing the elf's arms, indicating for Faolan to get the feet.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor looks at the pair as they shake standing. "Take a rest. I'll dig for the first half." Bor grabs the shovel. Though what he wanted to do was bash that mites head in with it. "Go with Krowe to see what is in the outhouse over there."

Shadow Lodge

Dust and cobwebs fill the interior of the cabin, revealing mite tracks and most of the valuables missing. You do find some items.
A single boot of striding and springing lies on the floor. Mounted over the fireplace are a masterwork longsword and +1 longbow.
Krowe finds a hidden compartment under the floorboards. It is locked but some simple pounding will reveal the following items.
112 gp
two potions of cure light wounds
a quiver with 20 arrows and five +1 flame arrows.

Bazsil and Krowe move to the outhouse while Faolan and Bor dig. They find that it is in fact a smokehouse. You find racks of meat prepares and preserved, enough to feed the camp or create a reserve.

15 Provision Points in the smokehouse.

551 to 600 of 3,178 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Balodek's Ironfang Invasion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.